PDA

View Full Version : Personal fouls

badboy
10-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Ok, I can understand bad timing on a hit just after a receiver crosses the sideline or a player goes down and our D makes "sure". Although those are frustrating but I'm concerned on one we see more than I'd like. It is the blocking in the back like Andre Johnson had against Giants. That one was not even close. It is not a hold to protect your QB or even an offsides. It is simple stupidity to me. Illegal blocking on returns seems almost automatic by one team or the other. Are the players hoping they just don't get caught? :rake:

hradhak
10-14-2010, 02:38 PM
The one against AJ was a pretty crappy call, I thought.
But yes, the blocks in the backs are fairly ridiculous. Almost every return we have had this year has had a block in the back.

Kubiak even said in the presser that after all 5 of our big plays (> 15 yards) we followed it up on the very next play with a turnover or drive killing penalty.

CloakNNNdagger
10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Ok, I can understand bad timing on a hit just after a receiver crosses the sideline or a player goes down and our D makes "sure". Although those are frustrating but I'm concerned on one we see more than I'd like. It is the blocking in the back like Andre Johnson had against Giants. That one was not even close. It is not a hold to protect your QB or even an offsides. It is simple stupidity to me. Illegal blocking on returns seems almost automatic by one team or the other. Are the players hoping they just don't get caught? :rake:

With AJ's high ankle sprain, with or without a brace, he was not able to sharply cut. Most of his patterns were virtually straight line. He looked sluggish on straight ahead runs, even the longer one that he caught. His drop was after a blunt cut if IIRC. The block in the back was because AJ couldn't make a sharp cut to block his man from the front. Not able to keep up with his man's move, he was left to try to chase down his man only to be able to take him out of the play with the block from the back. You don't see AJ pulling this type of move/penalty........he was playing with a definite debility. I don't believe he should have been on the field, nor do I believe he will look that much different if he is allowed to play this Sunday.

badboy
10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
With AJ's high ankle sprain, with or without a brace, he was not able to sharply cut. Most of his patterns were virtually straight line. He looked sluggish on straight ahead runs, even the longer one that he caught. His drop was after a blunt cut if IIRC. The block in the back was because AJ couldn't make a sharp cut to block his man from the front. Not able to keep up with his man's move, he was left to try to chase down his man only to be able to take him out of the play with the block from the back. You don't see AJ pulling this type of move/penalty........he was playing with a definite debility. I don't believe he should have been on the field, nor do I believe he will look that much different if he is allowed to play this Sunday.To me it looked like AJ could have simply not touched the guy even if what you are suggesting is true. These are penalties that really frustrate me as I think "what are you doing?" The player misses the block or is out of position so he tags the opponent imo to make himself feel better. It is not a timing thing but an emotional one that is very expensive.