PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schrager from Foxsports on Texans - Cheifs game

HTown2ATX
10-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Just something I found just now...

"Kansas City at Houston: Through five weeks, no division is as wide open as the AFC South. All four teams — Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee — are tied for first (and last) with 3-2 records. Texans beginning to hit the panic button should relax. They’ll win on Sunday, Matt Schaub will light up that young Kansas City secondary and the Chiefs media bandwagon — packed to the brim with hangers-on just a week ago — will be all but empty by Monday. The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/AFC-South-about-to-get-unlocked-101210

I agree that I think we win, but after last week's crapfest I am not calling this thing a blow out.

:texflag:

drewmar74
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Just something I found just now...

"Kansas City at Houston: Through five weeks, no division is as wide open as the AFC South. All four teams — Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee — are tied for first (and last) with 3-2 records. Texans beginning to hit the panic button should relax. They’ll win on Sunday, Matt Schaub will light up that young Kansas City secondary and the Chiefs media bandwagon — packed to the brim with hangers-on just a week ago — will be all but empty by Monday. The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/AFC-South-about-to-get-unlocked-101210

I agree that I think we win, but after last week's crapfest I am not calling this thing a blow out.

:texflag:

Unless, of course, Rosencopter gets traded to the Chefs.

BigBull17
10-14-2010, 02:18 PM
This defense holding a team to 13 points...? No freakin way. We may win, I'd give us an 80% chance, but it will be high scoring.

Blake
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Unless, of course, Rosencopter gets traded to the Chefs.

Hahaha! Good one.

Blake
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
This defense holding a team to 13 points...? No freakin way. We may win, I'd give us an 80% chance, but it will be high scoring.

Texans hold Cheifs to 13 points for 45 minutes. Play prevent defense and give up another 13 in the 4th qtr. Texans win 31-26.

HTown2ATX
10-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Texans hold Cheifs to 13 points for 45 minutes. Play prevent defense and give up another 13 in the 4th qtr. Texans win 31-26.

:goodpost:

Thorn
10-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Chiefs will score on our defense. We've got injury bugs on our star players on offense, so expecting the Texans offense to come out full hilt is wrong, because it won't. Both teams will score more than 20 points, but I'm thinking the Texans will win.

But not before they fall behind and this board implodes before 3PM this Sunday. LOLz

drewmar74
10-14-2010, 03:05 PM
But not before they fall behind and this board implodes before 3PM this Sunday. LOLz

This place is ripe for an implosion. Civil insurrection. Discord. Ill will. Maliciousness. Brain eating zombies. You name it, it'll be here if we get behind.

And if we lose? Oh man.....

Hervoyel
10-14-2010, 03:13 PM
This place is ripe for an implosion. Civil insurrection. Discord. Ill will. Maliciousness. Brain eating zombies. You name it, it'll be here if we get behind.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/03-ghost.jpg

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

Malloy
10-14-2010, 03:26 PM

I think I'll just resort to wetting my pants.

Oh, and have a few more beers...

drewmar74
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/03-ghost.jpg

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

Man, Herv, I was hoping someone would pick up the football and run with it....

+rep

*dammit - can't get him - someone help me out*

I think I'll just resort to wetting my pants.

Oh, and have a few more beers...

Two words for you: seat covers

or maybe wear some Pollard Pads.

Double Barrel
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
The Texans will beat the Chiefs. I feel good about it and I'm not just drinking koolaide. I honestly feel that the team is going to have a chip on it's shoulder after being embarrassed in front of the hometown crowd last weekend.

I do think the score will be a lot closer than 31-13, though.

nero THE zero
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
The Texans will beat the Chiefs. I feel good about it and I'm not just drinking koolaide. I honestly feel that the team is going to have a chip on it's shoulder after being embarrassed in front of the hometown crowd last weekend.

I do think the score will be a lot closer than 31-13, though.

I think the biggest reason we'll beat the Chiefs is that we simply provide a match-up problem for them. Our defensive weakness is their offensive weakness, our defensive strength is their offensive strength, and they have a weak passing defense. Further, they have been playing over their heads, the game is at Reliant (I know, I know, what does that mean these days), and, like you said, we have something to prove.

All bodes well for us and I imagine this will look a lot like the Raider game of '09.

HJam72
10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Let's burn the Chefs! :fans:

HTown2ATX
10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I honestly feel that the team is going to have a chip on it's shoulder after being embarrassed in front of the hometown crowd last weekend.

Totally agree. Unfortunately that is why the Texans frustrate me so damn much for being so predictable.

Win big game in DC
Lose possible momentum building game in crapassed fashion to dAllAs
Win bounceback game in OAK
Lose crapfest to NYG

so.....looks like we are due for a win, then the bye, then, unfortunately if this same pattern holds and based on previous Texans outings when we are all expecting big things...we get annihilated the following week on national TV.

Obviously I really, really hope that is not the case....but that is the track they are on right now so.........

I hope if the team wins this week (which I believe they will, but not in a blow out) the media doesn't start to annoint them again. They play better when everyone is crapping on them it seems like...

:texflag::texflag:

thunderkyss
10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Totally agree. Unfortunately that is why the Texans frustrate me so damn much for being so predictable.

Win big game in DC
Lose possible momentum building game in crapassed fashion to dAllAs
Win bounceback game in OAK
Lose crapfest to NYG

so.....looks like we are due for a win, then the bye, then, unfortunately if this same pattern holds and based on previous Texans outings when we are all expecting big things...we get annihilated the following week on national TV.

Obviously I really, really hope that is not the case....but that is the track they are on right now so.........

I hope if the team wins this week (which I believe they will, but not in a blow out) the media doesn't start to annoint them again. They play better when everyone is crapping on them it seems like...

:texflag::texflag:

I think we're going to see a major change in our defense Sunday. People are going to say it's because we were playing the Cheifs, & a sub-par Matt Cassell.

I watched the Giants game several times, & while we looked bad, I don't believe we looked as bad as it seemed. I went over the play-by-play and broke down the game, focusing on the second half. This is what I found.

Watch the game again. Or just go through the play-by-play. It is just wrong to say we haven't produced anything on Defense.

First, keep in mind there were only 6 defensive possesions where our offense did not go 3 & out. in those possesions, our defense gave up -3, 12, 6, 5, 12, & 14 yards (granted that last one was because they started taking a knee to end the game) and a field goal.

Also know that while we gave up 259 yards & 24 points in the first half, we only gave up 164 yards & 10 points in the second half (Granted they called off the dogs after the 2 minute warning).

Another nice Houston Texans defensive fact, is after the half, the Texans started on defense. That first defensive possession resulted in a forced punt. And forced INTs on the next two possessions.

With that forced punt (3 & out) our offense did nothing (as a matter of fact, Schaub fumbled the ball on the third snap into the half). With the forced INT, the offense did nothing. With the second forced INT they scored a TD, but it only took 2 plays (the defense put them on the 17 yard line)..... which led to our defense giving up the 70 yards and a field goal.

Our offense was then on the field for less than 2 minutes. Our defense holds on, giving up 12 yards & forces a punt.

Our offense goes 3 & out.... eat up all of 18 seconds...... our defense gives up 70 yards and a touchdown.

I'm not saying our defense is great. But if they had a little help from the offense, this would have been a very, very different game.

drs23
10-14-2010, 07:27 PM
I think we're going to see a major change in our defense Sunday. People are going to say it's because we were playing the Cheifs, & a sub-par Matt Cassell.

I watched the Giants game several times, & while we looked bad, I don't believe we looked as bad as it seemed. I went over the play-by-play and broke down the game, focusing on the second half. This is what I found.

:goodpost: I like the premise. I don't see a blow out but sure would like to see one. :fans:

Texan_Bill
10-14-2010, 07:55 PM

:heh:

GoChiefs
10-15-2010, 07:13 AM
they have a weak passing defense.

Ask Peyton Manning how weak it is.

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 07:51 AM

You only allowed one offensive touchdown AT Indy.
Pretty weak.
:sarcasm:

nero THE zero
10-15-2010, 08:27 AM

He put 250 on you in a win. Rivers put 300 on you.

I apologize for not being scared of a team that's faced the likes of Seneca Wallace and Alex Smith and has only managed to rank 25th in pass defense.

GoChiefs
10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
He put 250 on you in a win. Rivers put 300 on you.

I apologize for not being scared of a team that's faced the likes of Seneca Wallace and Alex Smith and has only managed to rank 25th in pass defense.

Manning had one of his worst games in years last week.

And we can all agree Schaub is no Manning.

If you actually look at the passing stats that matter - ypa, comp %, TDs, qb rating, third down % - KC's D is top 10 across the board. Thats why they don't allow many points.

Joe Texan
10-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Sunday comes soon enough, I will let it be decided on th feild.

HTown2ATX
10-15-2010, 10:42 AM

If you actually look at the passing stats that matter - ypa, comp %, TDs, qb rating, third down % - KC's D is top 10 across the board. Thats why they don't allow many points.

While this is true, I can't help but think you just took a shot at Schaub. If I had your QB I wouldn't go there.

Schaub has no ring but lead the league last year in several stats, Pro Bowl MVP, etc.., etc.

So, he is not Peyton, but he IS in Peyton's league (as far as being considered and "elite" QB) you would have to admit that I think.

GoChiefs
10-15-2010, 10:49 AM
While this is true, I can't help but think you just took a shot at Schaub. If I had your QB I wouldn't go there.

Schaub has no ring but lead the league last year in several stats, Pro Bowl MVP, etc.., etc.

So, he is not Peyton, but he IS in Peyton's league (as far as being considered and "elite" QB) you would have to admit that I think.

No shot intended.

But we gave Manning all he could handle last week. All he could do was dink and dunk, and almost everything was contested.

If we replicate what we did last week, Schaub isn't gonna respond the way Manning did. I saw that awful pick he threw against NY.

b0ng
10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't think it'll be as cut and dried as Schraeger makes it, but I have more hope for a win here than I do other teams coming here. I think their defense is playing better than what is being given credit for in this thread, but I think we can have a good game against them. It's their second road game, coming off of a tough loss in which their offense looked completely incapable. Maybe we are just what the doctor ordered, or possibly their offense is what we need to kickstart what has been a terrible defense all year. Looking forward to watching it. . . Under a blanket with my hands over my eyes.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
No shot intended.

But we gave Manning all he could handle last week. All he could do was dink and dunk, and almost everything was contested.

If we replicate what we did last week, Schaub isn't gonna respond the way Manning did. I saw that awful pick he threw against NY.

I'm not going to talk shit, because I honestly don't know what the Texans are going to look like when they take the field Sunday. They've yet to look like the Texans I saw in 2009. Run stopping defense, explosive big play offense, second to none passing game.

But I do know that doing what you did to Peyton two games in a row isn't an easy task.

We provided that spark for other teams to get their offense started. I have a feeling your D is going to be that spark for us.

I think we'll both find out what is real, and what isn't.

HTown2ATX
10-15-2010, 11:58 AM
No shot intended.

Yes......unfortunately Schaub is known to throw a duck up now and then. :wadepalm:

If our offense plays craptastic like last week then I won't get any shots in for TD's. So, maybe I have to switch it up when Schaub is throwing ducks around the field and take a shot then so A) at least I get a buzz going and B) help numb the pain. :bender:

BigBull17
10-15-2010, 12:01 PM

I can see that. I mean, the Colts had 10 going into the 4th.

Dread-Head
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
No shot intended.

And the Chef's QB is WHO exactly? :thinking: Tell ya what since your team is in town already, I'm sure they'll have PLENTY of time to find some hobo under one of our many overpasses, teach him your offense and have him ready for the game on Sunday. Good luck and welcome to the MB.

Rey
10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Earlier in the week I was convinced we'd beat the Chiefs...

Now, I don't know...

I thought that they'd be upset after last weeks ass whoopin, but the team seems thoroughly entrenched in their ho hum approach.

El Tejano
10-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I think that if The Chiefs keep the game close by not scoring alot of points, then they are going to do something to win the game. Yes, they held down Peyton but coming from fans that see Peyton twice, we know that he adapted to what was working for his team in order to win.

I will agree that we don't have the defense to stand up and say we are going to dominate, but I can say that Cassell will make a bonehead play the will allow us to take advantage of situations.

HTown2ATX
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
And the Chef's QB is WHO exactly? :thinking: Tell ya what since your team is in town already, I'm sure they'll have PLENTY of time to find some hobo under one of our many overpasses, teach him your offense and have him ready for the game on Sunday. Good luck and welcome to the MB.

Chimney Rock and 59 area usually has a few. Or the memorial and 10 overpass if I remember right from when i worked out there.

:kitten:

hradhak
10-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I think it is going to come down to running games for both teams. The Chiefs have a statistically good run defense that is largely untested. The Texans have a decent run defense. Both teams have excellent run offenses. I think both passing games could take a back seat as the run may be the only way to move the ball.

NitroGSXR
10-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Earlier in the week I was convinced we'd beat the Chiefs...

Now, I don't know...

I thought that they'd be upset after last weeks ass whoopin, but the team seems thoroughly entrenched in their ho hum approach.
I'm also in this boat but I'm curious...how do you mean they may have continued their ho-hum approach?

gary
10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Our run D is the scary thing IMO.

nero THE zero
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Heh.

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 09:23 AM
No shot intended.

BTW, we have more talent at WR/TE/RB and a better oline than Indy.

Texanmike02
10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
No shot intended.

hindsight being what it is and all... Schaub responded pretty well. When this offense clicks... and it is kind of hit and miss... they can score like nobody's business. If they could do it on demand there is no telling what would happen. Unfortunately they can't.

I can tell you this much though. KC tightened up on their second to last drive. It was like they were playing not to lose and when they had to punt you could almost see their defense hang their heads. The Texans offense is dangerous when they are rolling and they were rolling and KC new it.

Mike