PDA

View Full Version : MNF: NYJets vs Vikings

thunderkyss
10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Who do you want to win?

Not who do you think will win, But who do you want to win?

Ryan
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Vikings, because i hate the Jets.

But Favre is making Schaub's performance yesterday look all pro-esque.

HJam72
10-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Don't want the Jets to be 4-1 and in our conference, but they probably will be. If I had to choose a team to root for based on how they do things, how they draft and trade, how they scheme, etc., I'd be a Jets fan. I hate that because it's NY, their uniforms suck, they've embarrased the Texans before, etc., but it's true....well, from what I can tell, because I really only follow one team, you know.

Carr Bombed
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
The Jets are going to be tough to beat

Pollardized
10-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, I am very glad I:

A. dropped Favre in my NFL.com (Maddict's) League, although Sam Bradford didn't do much at least he had POSITIVE points

B. am playing against Favre in my Yahoo (1st Annual TexansTalk FFL) League

Favre completely sucks this year.

Ryan
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I envy the Jets CBs, and their defense in general.

Ryan
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Favre and Moss finally connect on a beauty. 12-7 Jets.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
500th career TD pass for Favre! That was sweet.

I know that many people hate the guy now, but Favre will always be one of the most exciting players of all time to me.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
The Jets are going to be tough to beat

Defense wins a ton of games in the NFl when you build a world beating D. It's one of the reasons why I want the Texans to just continue to build their O line and stack their defense. We've got Andre and Schaub. We don't need world beaters at the other skill positions if our O line can block well. Stack the defense and you're team is always in games. What the Jets have done in this short amount of time has been pretty amazing.

Showtime100
10-11-2010, 10:34 PM
As a Texan fan I have to pull for the Vikings. I picked the Jets in all fantasy pick'em games including survivor. Therefore screw my picks. If it'll benefit the Texans down the raod I want the Vikes. Problem is even at 15-7 with a quarter to go I just don't see it happening.

eriadoc
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
500th career TD pass for Favre!

Imagine how impressive that would be if ti wasn't paired with 324 INTs and 162 fumbles.

stingray
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Another TD for Favre

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Imagine how impressive that would be if ti wasn't paired with 324 INTs and 162 fumbles.

Oh please. Don't sit here and act like Favre's not still one of the best of all time despite that. Any franchise would take Favre's numbers and success at QB any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Oh, and that last TD pass to Harvin was freaking sweet. Not many QB's that can make a throw like that off of their back foot like that even in their early 20's much less at 41. Say what you want about Favre but he's easily one of the most exciting players to watch in NFL history. I hated Elway more than any other player growing up, but I NEVER denied how exciting he was to watch either.

Showtime100
10-11-2010, 10:47 PM
As I was saying. Even at 15-13 with a quarter to go I don't see it happening.

My fantasy picks ---> :eek:

The Texan fan in me -----> :gamer: :fans: :d:

eriadoc
10-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh please.

Did I say anything untrue? Would Favre's TD total be more impressive with a smaller turnover ratio or not?

Simple question.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Did I say anything untrue? Would Favre's TD total be more impressive with a smaller turnover ratio or not?

Simple question.

Of course it would Eriodic? That's a rhetorical question that you could have asked about any QB though. At least give the man his due when he's still throwing TD passes off of his back leg at 41 years old. You don't have to like the guy, but he's still exciting to watch.

Like I said before, I never hated a guy more than I hated Elway back in the day. When he retired though, I missed watching his greatness on the field a lot and I always will.

eriadoc
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM
At least give the man his due when he's still throwing TD passes off of his back leg at 41 years old.

There are a few things he's due for, but praise from me isn't one of them. He's overrated and overhyped, and he needs to get off my TV.

Showtime100
10-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Freaking game is turning into a shootout in the closing minutes.

thunderkyss
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Favre is a warrior. Getting his clock cleaned on every play, and that elbow is definitely bothering him.

Showtime100
10-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Damn Tirico, much of a Jets fans are you?

eriadoc
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
There's the Favre we all know and love.

Showtime100
10-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Sideline reporter: I know this must be devastating for you right now Brett.
Favre: Yeah, I really thought we were going to win this one...
Sideline reporter: Well, that too.

PockyAF
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM
wow.. Gerhart sucks.

Joe Texan
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Farve: " where's my phone I need to make a call"

IDEXAN
10-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Farve makes it entertaining, but I honestly think the Vikings would have had a better chance to win without him in the game, given all of the mistakes (fumbles, PIKs, etc.), he was responsible for making.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Farve makes it entertaining, but I honestly think the Vikings would have had a better chance to win without him in the game, given all of the mistakes (fumbles, PIKs, etc.), he was responsible for making.

I think if Randy Moss had been there for the last 5 weeks, that would have been a totally different game. He & Randy missed on several wide open shots.

I also think they should have more Berian & Moss packages. Put those two on the field at the same time, and watch the Safeties back up.

Peterson was getting 4.9 yards a pop, Childress should have ran the ball more. With the defense only giving up Field Goals, they could have won that game.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Old Man Winter is showing up a little early this year.

Ryan
10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Damn Tirico, much of a Jets fans are you?

LOL, that was comical.

Me and my dad were looking at each other and laughing at that part for the blatant homerism. I've never seen a commentator get so personally offended.

HOU-TEX
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
That was a great game last night. It'd be nice to have one of those type defenses, wouldn't it? Instead, we get swiss cheese secondary and a front 7 that plays when they feel like it.

gtexan02
10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
That was a great game last night. It'd be nice to have one of those type defenses, wouldn't it? Instead, we get swiss cheese secondary and a front 7 that plays when they feel like it.

The Jets gave up 265 yards in the air, 3 TDs, and that was with old man winter misfiring on a few wide open looks.

I dont know if the Jets pass defense had that great of a game honestly

Hervoyel
10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
On second thought

Double Barrel
10-12-2010, 12:40 PM
How crazy to see three of Favre's records in one MNF game: 500th TD, 70000 passing yards, and ummm...that 162 fumble record once owned by Warren Moon.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
The Jets gave up 265 yards in the air, 3 TDs, and that was with old man winter misfiring on a few wide open looks.

It was nice to see receivers catching the ball though. The way people talk here, CBs aren't ever supposed to allow a WR to catch a ball.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
that 162 fumble record once owned by Warren Moon.

I know some people throw that out there to take a jab at Bret Favre (not you in particular, but people).

Can you imagine another QB having the opportunity to fumble the ball that many times? Very few of them would still be playing when they got to 30.

So if you ask me, for Bret to actually fumble the ball 162 times...... & never miss a start, was never a back-up.... pretty damn amazing.

Kaiser Toro
10-12-2010, 02:00 PM
The way people talk here, CBs aren't ever supposed to allow a WR to catch a ball.

I believe that is your take and not necessarily the rule around here. But to play along I would have less of a problem if our secondary gave up 14 catches that led to 12 first downs through the air, as long as they were creating 3 turnovers and ringing up four sacks.

Goldensilence
10-12-2010, 02:02 PM
There's the Favre we all know and love.

Yep.

I'm not the biggest Jets fan, but I'm really glad the Vikes are sucking it up this year and in particular Brett Favre.

Next week is going to be weird. Not sure I'm going to be cheering more to lose, Vikes or Cowboys.

Double Barrel
10-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I know some people throw that out there to take a jab at Bret Favre (not you in particular, but people).

Can you imagine another QB having the opportunity to fumble the ball that many times? Very few of them would still be playing when they got to 30.

So if you ask me, for Bret to actually fumble the ball 162 times...... & never miss a start, was never a back-up.... pretty damn amazing.

I agree. I wasn't mentioning it as a jab, but just more amazement that three of his records are set on the same night. Two are just stunning to me, 70,000+ yards and 500+ TDs, and the third with fumbles is the result of playing for so long and goes with his INT record and is par for being a gunslinger type of QB.

Favre is one of those players that we'll be telling our grandkids about seeing, sort of like my dad talks about seeing Unitas or even Blanda. Setting records that are going to be tough to beat and indicative of great careers.

gary
10-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Brett is one of the best and most thrilling Qb's of all time no doubt about it but because he is a risk taker that might have cost him another trip to the Superbowl or two in his career.

HJam72
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
The Jets are going to kill us. Just expect a blowout loss that week. :choke:

J_R
10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Torn ACL(right knee this time) for Cedric Griffin. Done for the season

HOU-TEX
10-12-2010, 03:27 PM

That even strengthens my point. The Jets defense's off day is better than our best day.

I know the Jets aren't the best in the league, but their physical play is unmatched by the Texans. It's been said a lot around here lately. We just can't hang with teams that are more physical than we are. We tend to bow down once we get punched in the face rather that counter-punching.

TEXANS84
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I hate to say this, but Kyle Wilson looked pretty damn good out there last night.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

Texecutioner
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I hate to say this, but Kyle Wilson looked pretty damn good out there last night.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

I always liked Kyle a little better, however he's playing on a team that was the best defense in the NFL last season and this year as well and has the best pass rush in the league. That tends to make things a lot easier for a first year starter.