PDA

View Full Version : Texans still lead division

thegr8fan
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
OK, lets put this team back into proper perspective. There is only one team in the entire AFC right now with 4 wins. ( GO Minn. tonight). The Texans still lead the AFC South. We control our own destiny as of right now. We're 5 games into the season and afte our sixth game we will either be 4-2 or 3-3. Major difference there. So this next game crucial.

We are leading the division for the first time that I can remember for the first 5 games of the season. Lets hope last Sundays game was a fluke letdown and the coaching staff takes notice and get the Texans train back on track to win the division.

SheTexan
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Power of positive thinking?? I'll bite!! GOOOO TEXANS!!!!:fans::gotexans1:texan::wherewill:shetex an:

m5kwatts
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I think also if you want to think positively, the other 3 teams in our division all have glaring flaws as big and ugly as ours.

thegr8fan
10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Positive Thinking.......Proper Perspective.........or just simply get over it. :thinking:

We could be talking about leading the division, the importance of the next game to stay in control of the division, or the keys needed to kick KC in the butt.

Or we can still choose to dwell in the past 24 hrs of misery and dispair.

Ok, I'm a bit early in the 24 our pity potty allowance timeframe.

but hey, the game is over and the pity potty is getting full. Time to flush it and get one with the AFC SOUTH LEADING TEXANS.

First time in along time, well actually never, that I can remember us leading the division for the first 5 weeks.

cuppacoffee
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
OK, lets put this team back into proper perspective. There is only one team in the entire AFC right now with 4 wins. ( GO Minn. tonight). The Texans still lead the AFC South. We control our own destiny as of right now. We're 5 games into the season and afte our sixth game we will either be 4-2 or 3-3. Major difference there. So this next game crucial.

We are leading the division for the first time that I can remember for the first 5 games of the season. Lets hope last Sundays game was a fluke letdown and the coaching staff takes notice and get the Texans train back on track to win the division.

Gotta hand it to you..:clap:

You really live up to your screen name. :texflag:

If the team only had the heart of some of it's fans..:foottap:

:coffee:

TexCanada
10-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I'll get on board with this, I've had about enough as I can handle of the negativity. Go Texans!

qman_tx
10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
This KC win is a must win!!!
If win:
-We will remain leaders in the division
-Will be undefeated in the division
-Will be undefeated in the AFC
-Perhaps if KC keeps doing good this year and have the same winning record as us, we will win tiebreaker.

If loss:
-We will be tied 1st place in the division with Colts
-We will remain undefeated in the division
-We will NOT be undefeated in the AFC
-If Texans and Colts had same AFC record and beat us in Indy, we will lose tiebreaker due to KC loss.

Khari
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
at least we're not 0 and 5 :thinking:

:ant:

SheTexan
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
at least we're not 0 and 5 :thinking:

:ant:

:cry2:My poor Niners!!!!

ThaShark316
10-11-2010, 12:55 PM
6-3 going into New York for the Jets.

Second Honeymoon
10-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I think also if you want to think positively, the other 3 teams in our division all have glaring flaws as big and ugly as ours.

What are the titans flaws?
Are you one of those that still thinks Vince sucks at qb. He has bad days but he isn't a flaw

The texans biggest flaw is subpar coaching and subpar talent evaluation

buddyboy
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Are you one of those that still thinks Vince sucks at qb. He has bad days but he isn't a flaw

You're right, they're flawless.

jaayteetx
10-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Any team that has Finnegan on its roster is fatally flawed.

Grams
10-11-2010, 01:18 PM
No, not this yet!! This is a Tuesday thread after a loss.

We still need time to vent over the loss, before we start looking at reality.

Malloy
10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Come sunday I'll be cheering my heart out for this team, but until then I'm as critical as the next guy :)

badboy
10-11-2010, 01:23 PM

We are leading the division for the first time that I can remember for the first 5 games of the season. Lets hope last Sundays game was a fluke letdown and the coaching staff takes notice and get the Texans train back on track to win the division.As much as I love your optimism it seems to be only that without much realism to it. Listen one can be an Oiler..er Texans fan and still posts what he sees. And what I see is a team that has no core identity. I am tired of the roller coaster and want to see continuous growth no matter how small. I can stand being beat by any decent team that plays well against us, but what I am tired of seeing is our team coming out listless or looking as if they have no clue or faith in the game plan. This is on the coaches. If you get a piss poor game from Eric Winston or two or maybe three, you set his fat butt on the bench. You tell Okoye and Okam that it appears they will be let go after season and if they don't like it they better step up their game. You put Quin back on the #1 WR and play KJ opposite until he prays himself into being a cover CB.

thegr8fan
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
As much as I love your optimism it seems to be only that without much realism to it. How quickly I am forgotten on this board. :cool:

Dude I am as realistic as it comes. I am the one who called for HWNSNBM 2 YEARS before he was cut, FINALLY. I see the teams flaws and yes, I agree with most of your post. Those POTENTIAL idea's are all things that might work to fix this team.

HOWEVER..........REALISTICALLY my post is accurate. We are not the only team at 3-2. In fact there are many of them. And unless the Jets win tonight there is only ONE team in the AFC with 4 wins right now. REALISTICALLY the Texans have never lead the division for the first 5 games of the season. REALISTICALLY we control our own destiny at this point of the season.

Nothing I posted wasn't REALISTIC. It's just a matter of perspective. You can focus on the negative or enjoy the positives. We control our own destiny at week 6 in the season. Don't look now, but thats PROGRESS for this team.

kiwitexansfan
10-11-2010, 09:03 PM
6-3 going into New York for the Jets.

Based on what, lets worry about our record after the next game before we start predicting beyond that.

JB
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
As much as I love your optimism it seems to be only that without much realism to it. Listen one can be an Oiler..er Texans fan and still posts what he sees. And what I see is a team that has no core identity. I am tired of the roller coaster and want to see continuous growth no matter how small. I can stand being beat by any decent team that plays well against us, but what I am tired of seeing is our team coming out listless or looking as if they have no clue or faith in the game plan. This is on the coaches. If you get a piss poor game from Eric Winston or two or maybe three, you set his fat butt on the bench. You tell Okoye and Okam that it appears they will be let go after season and if they don't like it they better step up their game. You put Quin back on the #1 WR and play KJ opposite until he prays himself into being a cover CB.

I understand what you are saying, but you have to have someone that you can be confident to do as least as well to plug in or you are just going to hurt the team. With Brown out, who would you put in for Winston? Salaam?

Right...:rolleyes:

And you gain nothing by threatening Okoye and Okam at this point. If you don't think they are doing their best, sit 'em if you have better options. If you don't have better options, you can't do that.

Thorn
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Come sunday I'll be cheering my heart out for this team, but until then I'm as critical as the next guy :)

Yep, they look like the same old Texans we've had for years. I'll still be watching them and cheering them on, but they just haven't lost that ability to suprise.....both good and bad suprise that is.

CharloTex
10-11-2010, 10:04 PM
We are actually in last place in our own division. After 5 games, we are still in the same place we are every stinkin' year - last place in our own division. NO PROGRESS

signed, Texaholic

Proudtexan25
10-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Am I the only one that thinks there is a ton of overreacting over this loss?

I mean if the Texans have to lay a few eggs a year, I'd much rather them do it against non-conference teams, New Orleans lost to Arizona yesterday, I won't be worried unless we get officially eliminated from playoff competition. So yea the negativity is getting real old.

Ryan
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
We are actually in last place in our own division. After 5 games, we are still in the same place we are every stinkin' year - last place in our own division. NO PROGRESS

signed, Texaholic

:wadepalm:

fiasco west
10-11-2010, 10:11 PM
This KC win is a must win!!!
If win:
-We will remain leaders in the division
-Will be undefeated in the division
-Will be undefeated in the AFC
-Perhaps if KC keeps doing good this year and have the same winning record as us, we will win tiebreaker.

If loss:
-We will be tied 1st place in the division with Colts
-We will remain undefeated in the division
-We will NOT be undefeated in the AFC
-If Texans and Colts had same AFC record and beat us in Indy, we will lose tiebreaker due to KC loss.

No we will no longer have the division lead unless Jacksonville and Tennessee tie then I don't know what happens. But considering one of those two teams have to win. The winner there will be on top of the division.

If Texans lose and Colts win they will be 4-2 Texans will be 3-3.

With all of that said...this is a pretty big game. Indy could very well lose against the Redskins (I doubt it...) but you don't want to go into the bye with a loss only to come back and have a must win against the Colts.

CharloTex
10-11-2010, 10:13 PM
:wadepalm:

Come on dude. Of four teams in our division, we have the worst record. Our record isn't better than any one of the four. Here we go again, always pullin' up the rear.

signed, Texaholic again.

Ryan
10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Come on dude. Of four teams in our division, we have the worst record. Our record isn't better than any one of the four. Here we go again, always pullin' up the rear.

signed, Texaholic again.

We're still first in our division due to tiebreakers. If you're going to be a negative nancy, at least have facts to back it up.

NitroGSXR
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Deleted. My ma always told me if I don't have anything nice to say....

Lol.

Carr Bombed
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
We're still first in our division due to tiebreakers. If you're going to be a negative nancy, at least have facts to back it up.

He signed it though, it's official. :)

HJam72
10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
The Redskins are 3-2 and the Raiders just beat the Chargers. I just see parity everywhere. You don't know who you're going to blow out or who's going to embarrass you.

Gotta admit though, the Jets look really good to me right now, which I hate.

Texanmike02
10-12-2010, 01:31 AM
He signed it though, it's official. :)

Its not official unless it says Mike at the end.

Mike

BigWig
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Nice to have ya back gr8fan, you were surely missed on my side of the fence!
Ever the realist and optimist I am hanging on the to hope that we can go into this week and do what we do best win won big after losing one ugly, besides it will be by b-day weekend and we usually win !:kingkong:

thegr8fan
10-18-2010, 09:46 AM
and after 6 weeks into the season. :tiphat:

Who'd of thunk it? :texflag:

thunderkyss
10-24-2010, 09:12 AM
and after 6 weeks into the season. :tiphat:

Who'd of thunk it? :texflag:

Due to the Titans beating the Cowboys & the Giants, and our losses to the Cowboys & the Giants.... we are in second place in the division.

JB
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Due to the Titans beating the Cowboys & the Giants, and our losses to the Cowboys & the Giants.... we are in second place in the division.

No. Due to us being 3-0 in conference and the tinnbreds being 2-2 in conference, we are in first place.

thunderkyss
10-24-2010, 09:29 AM
No. Due to us being 3-0 in conference and the tinnbreds being 2-2 in conference, we are in first place.

League rules says common opponents before conference record.

JB
10-24-2010, 09:34 AM

We just have to make sure we beat them head to head, and have a better division record...
:D

b0ng
10-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I find it quite hilarious that the Titans are purported not to have any flaws.

CloakNNNdagger
10-24-2010, 10:29 AM

The six postseason participants from each conference will be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.
2. The division champion with the second-best record.
3. The division champion with the third-best record.
4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
9. Best net points in conference games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES
1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.
2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.
4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).

LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/tiebreakers-explanation)

Lucky
10-24-2010, 10:51 AM
I find it quite hilarious that the Titans are purported not to have any flaws.
Clearly, the Titans passing offense is flawed. Even the Titans are aware of this, and don't ask much of their QB. If a team can shutdown the Titans' running game, Tennessee will struggle on offense (as they did versus the Steelers).

That's if. If their opponent cannot stop the Titans' running game, they will be difficult to beat. In the 5 games the Titans gained over 120 yards on the ground, they are +10 in turnover margin. The Titans will not beat themselves, and that will keep them in most every game they play. And that will keep the Titans in the division and wildcard race all year long.

Conversely, the Texans must ask their QB to win games for them. Schaub is certainly capable of this. Will the Texans offense be able to win enough games to make the playoffs? At least until the coaching staff stops the hemorrhaging of the pass defense? That's the question. I think the biggest difference between the Texans and the Titans, right now, is that the Titans hide their weakness and play to their strengths more effectively than the Texans.

infantrycak
10-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Clearly, the Titans passing offense is flawed. Even the Titans are aware of this, and don't ask much of their QB. If a team can shutdown the Titans' running game, Tennessee will struggle on offense (as they did versus the Steelers).

That's if. If their opponent cannot stop the Titans' running game, they will be difficult to beat. In the 5 games the Titans gained over 120 yards on the ground, they are +10 in turnover margin. The Titans will not beat themselves, and that will keep them in most every game they play. And that will keep the Titans in the division and wildcard race all year long.

Conversely, the Texans must ask their QB to win games for them. Schaub is certainly capable of this. Will the Texans offense be able to win enough games to make the playoffs? At least until the coaching staff stops the hemorrhaging of the pass defense? That's the question. I think the biggest difference between the Texans and the Titans, right now, is that the Titans hide their weakness and play to their strengths more effectively than the Texans.

Pretty much what he said. Schaub, AJ, OD and co. are capable of hanging points on anyone but you're throwing dice. The Titans are built safe. Now having said that there isn't a coach in the league that wouldn't prefer trotting Schaub out on the game winning drive and that's going to come up at some point for the Titans. The question is how often for us and how often for them.

thunderkyss
10-24-2010, 01:07 PM

If you've got a QB that is capable.... why not? I mean when you ask your QB to win games, you're really asking to get guys like Andre, OD, Walter, Dressen, Jacoby, Foster, etc.. to get involved as well.

Now about the hemorrhaging. Personally, the only games I think the Texans defense looked horrible in the first half, were the Washington & NYGiants games. Even then, I blame the offense.

The defense has been able to get stops, against every team we've played, especially when it's counted. Otherwise, we never would have been able to come back & win.

TexCanada
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
We are no longer leading the division.

vupac1
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM

effin iggles!! they were in complete control of that game!

TexCanada
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
effin iggles!! they were in complete control of that game!

Ya that collapse by them sure didn't help us out any. We really need to bring our best game to MNF next week now, we have very little room for error this season.

b0ng
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Ya that collapse by them sure didn't help us out any. We really need to bring our best game to MNF next week now, we have very little room for error this season.

I have yet to encounter a season where the Texans could make a lot of mistakes and win the division.

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I have yet to encounter a season where the Texans could make a lot of mistakes and win the division.
This is the wrong division for that. Oh, to have a couple of seasons in a lousy division for a change.

TexCanada
10-24-2010, 05:34 PM

This is the first season where we have a realistic chance to win the division.

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM

They werent leading it after last weekend.

The Titans have the common games tie breaker over the Texans.

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
As if it weren't bad enough that the Bengals and Colts rolled over for the Jets at the end of last year, now nearly the entire NFL is rolling over for the Tacks.

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 05:42 PM
As if it weren't bad enough that the Bengals and Colts rolled over for the Jets at the end of last year, now nearly the entire NFL is rolling over for the Tacks.

The entire NFL is getting beat by the Titans, not rolling over.

ziggy29
10-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Yeah, the Titans really forced that game-changing Eagles fumble at the Titans 2 yard line. The entire game turned on that unforced error.

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, the Titans really forced that game-changing Eagles fumble at the Titans 2 yard line. The entire game turned on that unforced error.

Ziggy.. my god.. look at the replay. The Titans FORCED that by being in the backfield and hitting Kolb as he was handing off. But that WASNT the game changer? It was an unforced error" Thats just ridiculous. The Titans pass rush and Red Zone defense stopped the Eagles.

They won by 18 points.

Give me a break....

Showtime100
10-24-2010, 06:03 PM

I'm missing something here. OH, it YOU. Nevermind. Makes perfect sense now.

Tennessee has beaten one team that I think has shown itself to be a good team this year, the Giants, and even they are 4-2. Two losses, Denver (!), and Pittsburgh.

Don't exaggerate or anything.

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm missing something here. OH, it YOU. Nevermind. Makes perfect sense now.

Tennessee has beaten one team that I think has shown itself to be a good team this year, the Giants, and even they are 4-2. Two losses, Denver (!), and Pittsburgh.

Don't exaggerate or anything.

Texans fans crack me up.

The Texans have beat which team that good? Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs and Colts. Where is the great team in that group?

Colts? Lost to Jags

Raiders.. not so much

Chiefs?

Redskins...?

The Texans got extremely lucky against the Redskins and Chiefs. The really should be sitting at 2-4.

Slam me all you want but the Titans are the best team in the division right now and top 5 in the AFC.

Rey
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
The Texans have beat which team that good? Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs and Colts. Where is the great team in that group?

Colts? Lost to Jags

Raiders.. not so much

Chiefs?

Redskins...?

The Texans got extremely lucky against the Redskins and Chiefs. The really should be sitting at 2-4.

Slam me all you want but the Titans are the best team in the division right now and top 5 in the AFC.

Honestly, I agree with everything you have said here.

I don't really like you're delivery, but the material is the truth.

Showtime100
10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Texans fans crack me up.

Colts? Lost to Jags

Raiders.. not so much

Chiefs?

Redskins...?

Hey, Tinfan, I'm not running around saying the Texans are beating the entire NFL. See how that works?

TexCanada
10-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Texans fans crack me up.

Colts? Lost to Jags

Raiders.. not so much

Chiefs?

Redskins...?

If you don't count the Colts as a top team then really there are no top teams in this league.

And how can you say that the Texans come from behind victories are "extremely lucky", yet the Titans win today isn't? You can't have it both ways.

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey, Tinfan, I'm not running around saying the Texans are beating the entire NFL. See how that works?

Neither am I.

TexCanada
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM

Neither am I.

Huh?

Showtime100
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM

I see the play on words but it doesn't fly. You can't defend what you said.

Whooops. :tinfoil:

NBT
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
People like Tinfan really don't have a life of their own, they have to go on somebody elses board to try to boost their ego. Just consider the source.

Thorn
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.isthmus.com/media/2010/03/09/Please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I see the play on words but it doesn't fly. You can't defend what you said.

Whooops. :tinfoil:

No.. go back a little further in the thread. It was said that the entire NFL was laying down for the Titans. I corrected that.

You took my comment out of context.

Oh my god.. dont feed the trolls. Whats is this... a high school forum. I am only a troll because I am right. Grow up guys.. dont you have any other comeback than that?

Showtime100
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
No.. go back a little further in the thread. It was said that the entire NFL was laying down for the Titans. I corrected that.

Oh my god.. dont feed the trolls. Whats is this... a high school forum. I am only a troll because I am right. Grow up guys.. dont you have any other comeback than that?

I quoted the entire quote. I'm not your lawyer. You prove I took it out of context.

You are a troll because you are a troll. We get Teet fans here and I like a few of them. Reason? They are grown men/women who come to talk football and yeah, talk a little smack. You, on the other hand, are just a worthless troll.

imatexan
10-24-2010, 06:46 PM

You are THE prime example of a troll.

In troll like fashion you defend your "trollness" but saying that you are correct about everything.

JB
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Actually a very apt saying where you are concerned. How many boards have you been banned from? If you want to talk smack in the rivalry forum, that would be fine. But I just wish you would go away. You are giving a bad name to the good Titans fans that can hold a discourse without being trollish.

I just wish you would go away. You bring nothing to the table here.

DexmanC
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Texans fans crack me up.

Colts? Lost to Jags

Raiders.. not so much

Chiefs?

Redskins...?

You're right. Most Kool-Aid'ers don't wanna hear it, but the Texans
must PROVE themselves over this 10-game stretch (especially the
next 8 games.) Too many times, as Texans fans, their play has been
so atrocious we had to run-and-hide Monday morning at work. Maybe
2010 will be different.

Norg
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM
who ever wins next monday will lead teh divison us or colts

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
who ever wins next monday will lead teh divison us or colts

Not if the Titans win as well.

Are you assuming a Titan loss?

Norg
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM

o they already have there bye who they playing

i hope the titans lose every week LOL

imatexan
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Texans fans crack me up.

Colts? Lost to Jags

Raiders.. not so much

Chiefs?

Redskins...?

There is no "luck" of winning a game in the NFL, you and some Texans fans will get along because that small group has not realized that you can't have it both ways.

-"We lost we can't finish games and it all comes down to winning the game which we did not..we suck!" Last years rant.

-"We won and got lucky because we played terrible on the field" This years rant

Hmmm seems to be a little contradictive to me.

Teams the titans have beat combined record: 11-14
Teams The Texans have beat combined record: 15-11.

Nice try but fail!

Norg
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
yeah there lose mid season this is right around the time the chargers go on there like 8 game winning streak

Blazin' Toro
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
There is no "luck" of winning a game in the NFL, you and some Texans fans will get along because that small group has not realized that you can't have it both ways.

-"We lost we can't finish games and it all comes down to winning the game which we did not..we suck!" Last years rant.

Nice try but fail!

Congratulations, you just pwn'd "THE NFL".

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM

Nice try but fail!

You beat who you beat. You think that little record thing makes a difference? So lets look at it another way...

The teams the Titans have lost too have a 7-5 record and the teams the Texans have lost to have a 5-6 record... BAM!

So whats does that mean? N o t h i n g !

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Congratulations, you just pwn'd "THE NFL".

If I was 13 years old I would be worried about being p'wn'd. But since Im not, Im not.

But really? Because the Texans opponents record is better than the Titans? Really? Thats a big deal?

Come on children.. you can do better than that.

DerekLee1
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM
You beat who you beat. You think that little record thing makes a difference? So lets look at it another way...

The teams the Titans have lost too have a 7-5 record and the teams the Texans have lost to have a 5-6 record... BAM!

Titans are 2-2 in the conference. The Texans are undefeated in the conference.

ok, bye now.

TexCanada
10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Texans fans crack me up.

You beat who you beat. You think that little record thing makes a difference?

You don't even need to be on a forum with other people, you could have an argument all by yourself.

thunderkyss
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Too many times, as Texans fans, their play has been
so atrocious we had to run-and-hide Monday morning at work.

The only people running and hiding Monday morning are the fans who spell their names "PU-C"

Texans are tough as leather..... we can take it.

imatexan
10-24-2010, 08:11 PM

No I don't but I wanted to present the facts to you after your little "texans wins are lucky and have not beat good teams but the titans have proved themselves"

Texanmike02
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM

You are a troll because you are a moron. You only post things in an attempt to rile everyone up and once in every 45 posts you say something a six year old wouldn't say. I have ignored you for the most part because I consider you to be the foreskin of this motherboard... completely unnecessary and usually just in the way but I figured once in a while it doesn't help to call a spade a spade.

The next time you have a productive opinion or post will be the first. I'm glad you like the Titans, go like them on someone else's board...

Mike

Rey
10-24-2010, 08:48 PM

ner mind...

brakos82
10-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, this thread's better than Vista.

Showtime100
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, this thread's better than Vista.

Maybe, but I think we finally found something or more appropriately, someone, Vista beats.

JB
10-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe, but I think we finally found something or more appropriately, someone, Vista beats.

Pigeon shit>Vista>The NFL

THE NFL
10-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Titans are 2-2 in the conference. The Texans are undefeated in the conference.

ok, bye now.

OK.. so what does that mean?

Is there a point?

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM

Is there a point?

:spit: You object to being called a troll???? Seriously???

Texan_Bill
10-24-2010, 11:58 PM

Is there a point?

Dude really?? You're a freakin vy nut-hugging joke!!

Please...... go away, troll!!!!!!!!!!

Hookem Horns
10-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Please...... go away, troll!!!!!!!!!!

Done ... the stench of Bud Adams has been banned. BTW, congrats on being banned NFL. I think you are the first person I have ever personally banned for just being an a-hole. I normally only ban spammers selling Chinese jerseys.

BTW, if Vinny were still here this guy would have been gone weeks ago. I guess I have been too soft like our defense. Maybe if I harden up our defense will follow my example.

brakos82
10-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Hope so, we couldn't get a hand on the byes today.

Texanmike02
10-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Done ... the stench of Bud Adams has been banned. BTW, congrats on being banned NFL. I think you are the first person I have ever personally banned for just being an a-hole. I normally only ban spammers selling Chinese jerseys.

BTW, if Vinny were still here this guy would have been gone weeks ago. I guess I have been too soft like our defense. Maybe if I harden up our defense will follow my example.

REP!

Mike

brakos82
10-25-2010, 03:36 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/constructive.png

Old School
10-25-2010, 06:22 AM

It would be nice if the "Rep power" showed negative numbers. His could be an all-time high!!

Goatcheese
10-25-2010, 07:36 AM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/MUNIT2K5/Gifs/tomcruiselaugh.gif

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 09:41 AM

Surely you banned him for his behaviour in another thread right? He did nothing wrong here. As a matter of fact, some of the other posters should probably be banned for the way they treated him in this thread.

He was completely right. (Except for the Titans winning next week thing).

at 4-2, the Titans own the tie breaker with us, because they won two games against common opponents that we lost. We hold the tie breaker over Indy, because of the head to head beat down.

HuttoKarl
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Just about launched coffee on the keyboard via my nostrils when I read that.

ubecool454
10-25-2010, 10:30 AM
People like Tinfan really don't have a life of their own, they have to go on somebody elses board to try to boost their ego. Just consider the source.

Whats wrong with going to other teams boards...I go to jets, Panthers, titans, jags, colts, KC, chargers..etc. I don't go to argue or insult their team but just to get information about their teams and talk football. I haven't seen all of The NFLs posts but I didn't see him stepping out of bounds on the last one...Just sayin

Texanmike02
10-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Surely you banned him for his behaviour in another thread right? He did nothing wrong here. As a matter of fact, some of the other posters should probably be banned for the way they treated him in this thread.

at 4-2, the Titans own the tie breaker with us, because they won two games against common opponents that we lost. We hold the tie breaker over Indy, because of the head to head beat down.

He's been a cancer since he got here. I'm sure my post is one of those you mentioned. In my two thousand posts maybe 10 have ever taken a shot at someone, and I've never come out and said anything like that. He's a troll and needed to go. If his behavior in this thread was decent then this is the first thread he's behaved like anythng but a troll in, kind of like saying 'im sorry' as his last words'.

Mike

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Texanmike02
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Whats wrong with going to other teams boards...I go to jets, Panthers, titans, jags, colts, KC, chargers..etc. I don't go to argue or insult their team but just to get information about their teams and talk football. I haven't seen all of The NFLs posts but I didn't see him stepping out of bounds on the last one...Just sayin

Go to the indy/wash/cowboys boards... I was on all of them... find one poster who called me a troll... going to a board as a guest is one thing... going as a hack who flames... entirely different.

Mike

ubecool454
10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Go to the indy/wash/cowboys boards... I was on all of them... find one poster who called me a troll... going to a board as a guest is one thing... going as a hack who flames... entirely different.

Mike

I think some of the fans on these boards are a bit sensitive especially when it comes to that team the bailed on us. Let it go...the guy was stating a fact. The titans are in first place in the division but we still have a long way to go.

Texanmike02
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I think some of the fans on these boards are a bit sensitive especially when it comes to that team the bailed on us. Let it go...the guy was stating a fact. The titans are in first place in the division but we still have a long way to go.

No they weren't. Within a division they are .500 we are 1.000. He never backed up a claim with sources and just spewed stupid crap all over the screen. I opted to view his posts in this thread and in one other... for the first time in probably a month or two... and yeah... still puking useless drivel on my screen.

Mike

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

NitroGSXR
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM
He's been a cancer since he got here. I'm sure my post is one of those you mentioned. In my two thousand posts maybe 10 have ever taken a shot at someone, and I've never come out and said anything like that. He's a troll and needed to go. If his behavior in this thread was decent then this is the first thread he's behaved like anythng but a troll in, kind of like saying 'im sorry' as his last words'.

Mike

Nah man. I didn't feel that he did anything bannable. He just carries a poor reputation of being banned elsewhere.

ubecool454
10-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Nah man. I didn't feel that he did anything bannable. He just carries a poor reputation of being banned elsewhere.

Hell they threatened to ban me before ....I believe it was for going against the more popular regulars on this board. My rep has come back a little but I just stay away from commenting directly to certain peoples now. I'm still trying to see where the guy stepped out of bounds.

Blake
10-25-2010, 11:14 AM

Dude didnt bring anything to this board. People on this board dont neg rep you if you dont agree with them. Maybe a couple like Joe Texan. But when you CONSTANTLY try to stir the pot mixed with insults you are going to get the RED reputation like he did. He had no desire to talk football. He just likes arguments and confrontation.

So long douchbag.

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Mike

I'm not keeping track of who said what, I just know some people attacked him personally. Don't know if you're in that group.

DexmanC says much of the same things THE NFL says.... he's still here. He doesn't attack anyone, but he's brutally honest with his opinion of our team, & it's not favorable.

utahmark
10-25-2010, 11:28 AM

what happened to vinny?

HJam72
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I went back and read about 2 dozen of this guy's posts (all I could find). He doesn't say anything specific that's so terrible, from what I saw, but some people are just simple-minded a-holes who really are just asking for it. From simple-minded (constantly ignoring MANY details) accusations that the entire Republican party (and it alone) is completely responsible for the economic collapse to claiming VY is God and making BS remarks toward Christians just to tick people off....he is just self-inflictedly simple-minded.

People like him tick people off intentionally and then get ticked off that everybody is ticked off....and on and on it goes...

Speaking of which, screw you people. :)

Texanmike02
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm not keeping track of who said what, I just know some people attacked him personally. Don't know if you're in that group.

DexmanC says much of the same things THE NFL says.... he's still here. He doesn't attack anyone, but he's brutally honest with his opinion of our team, & it's not favorable.

We see it differently. I'd like to think that with all I've said on this board you know I'm not here to troll. Esp if you've seen me outside of the football forum. I have disagreements with people.. and on very few occasions have I taken shots at people... when I have I've almost always apologized for it in the heat of battle. I don't take back anything I said to or about him... that should tell you something.

Mike

Showtime100
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I went back and read about 2 dozen of this guy's posts (all I could find). He doesn't say anything specific that's so terrible, from what I saw, but some people are just simple-minded a-holes who really are just asking for it. From simple-minded (constantly ignoring MANY details) accusations that the entire Republican party (and it alone) is completely responsible for the economic collapse to claiming VY is God and making BS remarks toward Christians just to tick people off....he is just self-inflictedly simple-minded.

People like him tick people off intentionally and then get ticked off that everybody is ticked off....and on and on it goes...

The way I see it he's like the Mafia guy that goes away for good on massive tax evasion charges although it's really for the hundreds of murders he's responsible for.

What was it, the Bengals board? Can't remember since I wasn't in it, but go there and simply disagree with a poster and you're gone.

I think he deserved it based on his intent here. Trolling (IMO) has thankfully become passe except for a sad few.

Kaiser Toro
10-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Kind of exciting watching the games this week and viewing the aftermath this morning in the standings. The Texans are in position to create some distance between them and the Colts, be 4-0 in the conference and keep pace with the Titans.

In the end, no matter how ugly it may look, we are in a position to make some real noise.

NitroGSXR
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
The way I see it he's like the Mafia guy that goes away for good on massive tax evasion charges although it's really for the hundreds of murders he's responsible for.

What was it, the Bengals board? Can't remember since I wasn't in it, but go there and simply disagree with a poster and you're gone.

I think he deserved it based on his intent here. Trolling (IMO) has thankfully become passe except for a sad few.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Have we formed a precrime unit straight from the Minority Report.

HJam72
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Have we formed a precrime unit straight from the Minority Report.

Yes, and I think we're going to have to kill him. :)

Hookem Horns
10-25-2010, 12:16 PM

This is it. I went back last night and looked at all of his posts. Every thread he was just jumping in and running down the Texans in a way just to irritate the serious posters. To make matters worse he is doing it as a Titans fan.

I let him go for a very long time. Go to any Cleveland Browns board, register as a Ravens fan, start doing the same and see how long you last.

Dan B.
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
I gotta admit the Titans scare the heck outta me. They are a tough, physical bunch that punches you in the mouth from the start and dares you to punch back. That's just the kind of team that I think the Texans fare worst against. The positive is that we do seem to get it up for the Titans more than for most teams.

gtexan02
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
This is it. I went back last night and looked at all of his posts. Every thread he was just jumping in and running down the Texans in a way just to irritate the serious posters. To make matters worse he is doing it as a Titans fan.

I let him go for a very long time. Go to any Cleveland Browns board, register as a Ravens fan, start doing the same and see how long you last.

Exactly.

Trolling is a bannable (spelling?) offense in every messageboard Ive ever been on.

If the guy was making legitimate comments that furthered discussion, thats one thing. But he consistently entered threads with the sole purpose of annoying other posters. Sure he did it all "within the rules", but after a while, his activity itself was against the rules (trolling). He was obviously a troll. He even has a past history.

The board is much better without him

drewmar74
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Exactly.

Trolling is a bannable (spelling?) offense in every messageboard Ive ever been on.

If the guy was making legitimate comments that furthered discussion, thats one thing. But he consistently entered threads with the sole purpose of annoying other posters. Sure he did it all "within the rules", but after a while, his activity itself was against the rules (trolling). He was obviously a troll. He even has a past history.

The board is much better without him

Agreed. Most all he did seemed to be geared directly towards aggravating folks rather than legitimate discourse.

I'm glad he's gone. He was one of maybe two folks on my ignore list.

NitroGSXR
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM

So he got banned because he was irritating? NFL was a friggin' moron but he brought some decent stuff to the table. It made me think!

I enjoy having opposing fans come on here. It's kinda like the stray dog that you just want to pet but end up kicking. If they keep coming back... go for distance.

infantrycak
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM

His intent to disrupt is the key IMO. He isn't like Bullock who comes to talk football as an open Titans fan. The NFL calculated to be disruptive. I banned him over at HT.com about a month ago.

HJam72
10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
I gotta admit the Titans scare the heck outta me. They are a tough, physical bunch that punches you in the mouth from the start and dares you to punch back. That's just the kind of team that I think the Texans fare worst against. The positive is that we do seem to get it up for the Titans more than for most teams.

I do not! :foottap:

FirstTexansFan
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM

ROFL! You've been on a roll here lately Hjam72, of course, I'm unable to rep ya because of that :)

Hookem Horns
10-25-2010, 01:37 PM
His intent to disrupt is the key IMO. He isn't like Bullock who comes to talk football as an open Titans fan. The NFL calculated to be disruptive. I banned him over at HT.com about a month ago.

I never go to HT.com and was unaware of his history over there so that had nothing to do with my decision. So I assume he was doing the same over there?

infantrycak
10-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I never go to HT.com and was unaware of his history over there so that had nothing to do with my decision. So I assume he was doing the same over there?

I know. I was just giving info. Yes his conduct was the same although at first he claimed to be a Texans fan.

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM

That's cool, if you've got good reason, you've got good reason.

Can we ban DexmanC??

Sometimes I think they are the same person.

supersid
10-25-2010, 08:13 PM
i know. I was just giving info. Yes his conduct was the same although at first he claimed to be a texans fan.

don't worry he will be back. He will sign up under another user name over on ht.com he now uses the name "houston texanss".just like cancer it takes several treatments to completely be rid of it.

J_R
10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
don't worry he will be back. He will sign up under another user name over on ht.com he now uses the name "houston texanss".just like cancer it takes several treatments to completely be rid of it.

Ha this. Wasnt banned at HT.com. He's still there but they delete him/his post post by post.

JB
10-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Ha this. Wasnt banned at HT.com. He's still there but they delete him/his post post by post.

So, who do you think that Icak banned?

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 09:13 PM

Is the Titan board that void of good conversation?

Is that why he comes here? Or does he have a "mission from God" to "straighten us out"?

J_R
10-25-2010, 09:43 PM
So, who do you think that Icak banned?

If you read the previous post before mine(the one I quoted), it's the same person under a different name. He was not banned. SuperSid will tell you the same thing.

DexmanC
10-25-2010, 09:46 PM
That's cool, if you've got good reason, you've got good reason.

Can we ban DexmanC??:sarcasm:
Sometimes I think they are the same person.

Fixed.

Blake
10-25-2010, 09:51 PM
ROFL! You've been on a roll here lately Hjam72, of course, I'm unable to rep ya because of that :)

Yeah. I think hes been drunk for a few days. But his posts have been pretty good! Stay drunk my friend!

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Fixed.

Of course I was being sarcastic.... this place wouldn't be any fun if everybody was spreading sunshine.

:kitten:

Blake
10-25-2010, 09:54 PM

Maybe a few days of being banned/away will give him a new found respect for this board. Or he can stay away and troll some other board. I really dont give a F*CK.

DexmanC
10-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Peyton Manning + Bye Week vs. Kubiak + Bye Week

Who comes out aggressive, sharp, and angry?

Who comes out tentative, sloppy, and unfocused?

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 09:58 PM

Who comes out aggressive, sharp, and angry?

Who comes out tentative, sloppy, and unfocused?

Well... let's see.

I've never, never seen Peyton come out "tentative, sloppy, & unfocused."

:thinking:

J_R
10-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Who comes out aggressive, sharp, and angry? Peyton + Colts

Who comes out tentative, sloppy, and unfocused? - Kubiak + Texans

"Well you know John, I thought we had a good week of practice and were ready for this game. As you see, that did not translate over to today. We just gotta be consistent and find some consistency. We're still searching for that."

"San Diego comes to town next week, how do you feel?"

"We gotta get better and better do it quickly. They're a darn good football team."

Texan_Bill
10-25-2010, 10:14 PM

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z213/LittleLady718/gifs/applause.gif

http://artiewayne.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/applause.gif?w=354&h=265

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/Spookydragon/Applause.gif

Kevin, you're the best... I hope Vinny returns! Maybe you can PM me and at least give me the short story.

infantrycak
10-25-2010, 11:03 PM
If you read the previous post before mine(the one I quoted), it's the same person under a different name. He was not banned. SuperSid will tell you the same thing.

The NFL was banned at HT.com. I did it. He has come back under a new user name and is treading a very thin line on having that user name and ihis IP banned.

thunderkyss
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
The NFL was banned at HT.com. I did it. He has come back under a new user name and is treading a very thin line on having that user name and ihis IP banned.

An internet assassin....... wow.