PDA

View Full Version : So What Is IT??

FirstTexansFan
10-11-2010, 06:43 AM
My wife and I were discussing the sickening game we tortured ourselves with yesterday, and she posed a question. So I pose it to you.

Is this teams failures, a lack of talent, or a lack of coaching?

And No, I didn't give you an option three for all of the above, or lay the blame on everyone. That's a cop out imo :)

CDNTexansFan
10-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Lack of execution. The talent is there, the coaches are calling the same schemes/plays that have worked when the team sees success. It's on the players to step up and perform week in, week out.

I'm not anti-Schaub in the least but he has been fairly unimpressive this year outside of the Washington game. With Andre and Jacoby slowed by leg injuries, the Texans lose the ability to stretch the field and open up the underneath routes that have been the teams bread and butter.

There's a number of reasons, they all come back to the players executing and making plays.

BIG TORO
10-11-2010, 06:53 AM
After seeing what I saw yesterday, I have to think it's the coaching! We have plenty of talent on this team it's just not clicking.

Thorn
10-11-2010, 07:30 AM
I'd say it's some players fault, but much more coaching problems than players, so I voted the problem is the coaching.

hradhak
10-11-2010, 07:37 AM
It's a coaching issue. The coaches' don't adapt the playcalls to the personnel. We need to be calling faster routes on teams that can get a huge push up front on our O line. Schaub needs to get rid of it faster. It's a frustrating offense to watch when our offense seemed to move the ball so easily last year and our personnel is largely unchanged.

Texan_Bill
10-11-2010, 07:40 AM
It was..... Being outplayed. Out coached, out everythinged!!! :gun:

HTown2ATX
10-11-2010, 08:07 AM
And No, I didn't give you an option three for all of the above, or lay the blame on everyone. That's a cop out imo :)

I'm not so sure it is a cop out in this case.

The secondary obviously lacks talent and we have some depth issues elsewhere.

Coaching staff has problems too. Perhaps their Denny's menu's they hold on the sidelines are smudged?

:pirate:

Andrew6
10-11-2010, 08:12 AM
experience?

Blake
10-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Coaching is the problem. He has to put them in position to do well. And as we saw in yesterdays blowout, we werent even close.

Hey, even Gary said so.

Malloy
10-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I'd say it's some players fault, but much more coaching problems than players, so I voted the problem is the coaching.

I'm there too.

Hagar
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Lack of Heart

Grams
10-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Lack of Heart

I think you are correct. There is no team feeling here. The guys are playing with each other on the team, but not for each other on the team. They are a group of individuals and not a team.

It is on both the coaches and the players.

eriadoc
10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
The players are failing to execute, so it's a lack of coaching. I say that because "coaching" entails an awful lot, including choosing all those players that aren't executing and putting them on the field.

Yankee_In_TX
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Both.

For instance - players: secondary can be blamed on their lack of talent/execution combined with the failure of the front 4 to get pressure.

Coaching: the NYG had an answer for our zone scheme - their DLine was patient, sat in the gap, and even on some plays made seals to send LB's through. If they have an answer to our bread and butter, we had better try something else and we didn't. Hence Arian being a ghost.

Buffi2
10-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I voted lack of coaching but rarely is there a simple answer. I don't think it is lack of talent although lack of experience could be part of it in the secondary. I also think it is lack of execution and a serious lack of spirit/heart/killer instinct whatever you want to call it. As in previous years, the players don't seem to be ready to play when the time comes. I think that is Kubiak/coaches but also players' desire to win at all costs.

Dutchrudder
10-11-2010, 11:37 AM
The Colts demolished the Giants at NY, the Titans beat the Giants at home. We get demolished by the Giants at home... Now how well do you think we will stack up in our division? Personally, I don't like it one bit and it makes me think the first game against the Colts was an anomaly, while the last 4 games are what we should expect the rest of the season - a .500 team. Maybe we can pull out a few more division wins and somehow make it to the playoffs like the Bengals did last year, but I'm leaning towards the pessimistic side now.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Its both. Obviously the adjustments to what teams are doing to us is on the coaching, but you can't tell me that a db getting shook at the LOS or a d-line unable to get pressure is on coaching. They just aren't talented enough in those areas.

ThaShark316
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
lol @ blame it on everyone not being an option...

how can the reason they got smashed twice at home not be the reason. Coach is at fault, but lets not act like the players aren't an issue either. Everyone SUCKED yesterday. No shying away from it. Just like it's a total team effort when the Texans win by 24, its a total team effort when they get stomped by 24 by an average team at home.

Hell, to be honest, the BIGGER cop out is to ONLY blame coaching. Cut and dry.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
well the giants were among the teams some experts picked to win the division & they did come off a 10 sack game so i don't know if they were average....maybe just took a little time to get their shit together.

ThaShark316
10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
well the giants were among the teams some experts picked to win the division & they did come off a 10 sack game so i don't know if they were average....maybe just took a little time to get their shit together.

Maybe so on the last part. But the NFL is trash this year, for lack of a better term. Parity is great but the league is looking so mediocre at times. Maybe the latter part of the year will see these teams separate themselves from the pack.

beerlover
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
game planning & adjustments during the game is troubling :choke:

I really have no wish to undermine coach kubes but this losing is a reflection on him.

FirstTexansFan
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
game planning & adjustments during the game is troubling :choke:

I really have no wish to undermine coach kubes but this losing is a reflection on him.

I doubt we undermine him in any fashion by posting our opinions of him here, it's just that, fans venting... though I have this dream where I own the team, and I fix this crap :)

Yankee_In_TX
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
game planning & lack of adjustments during the game is troubling :choke:

Fixed.

Double Barrel
10-11-2010, 12:39 PM
I picked coaching, simply because everything the team does on the field somehow goes back to the coaches. Even if you choose that it's the players' faults, who picked the players? :hmmm:

This team - from the players, schemes, attitudes, everything - is representative of the coaching staff.

As far as execution, I'm all for it. :cutthroat:

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Maybe so on the last part. But the NFL is trash this year, for lack of a better term. Parity is great but the league is looking so mediocre at times. Maybe the latter part of the year will see these teams separate themselves from the pack.

well, outside of their 1st game, the jets have looked dominating at times & they should get even better as they are getting holmes & pace back. & once revis comes back...:mcnugget:. Baltimore hasn't looked too bad....figures we have them both on the schedule this year........:woot2

Norg
10-11-2010, 12:43 PM
we are not playing good aganist the NFC east this year

i fully expect this team to also lose to philly if Vick is playing

i also think we are only soley focused on our Divison and the AFC these are the games we must win to get our ticket punched to the playoffs we can also lose to philly and nothing bad will really happen to us if we take care of biznas in our other games

Double Barrel
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
So What Is IT??

Can you feel it ,see it, hear it today?
If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway
You will never understand it cuz it happens too fast
And it feels so good, it's like walking on glass
It's so cool, it's so hip, it's alright
It's so groovy, it's outta sight
You can touch it, smell it, taste it so sweet
But it makes no difference cuz it knocks you off your feet
You want it all but you can't have it
It's cryin', bleedin', lying on the floor
So you lay down on it and you do it some more
You've got to share it, so you dare it
Then you bare it and you tear it
It's in your face but you can't grab it
It's alive, afraid, a lie, a sin
It's magit, it's tragic, it's a loss, it's a win (OR LOSS....)
It's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain
It's sad it happened and it's a shame
It's in your face but you can't grab it
What is it?
It's it
What is it?...

http://www.ownedbypugs.com/images/blog/ns_beach_fish.png

gtexan02
10-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Not enough talent on our defensive back end + not enough coaching to scheme around it = disaster

Ranger Tom
10-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Let me think.

As far as talent goes, we have multiple Pro Bowlers including best receiver since Jerry Rice, the league's leading RB, the and two linebackers who each were named Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I vote "coaching."

Thorn
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Let me think.

As far as talent goes, we have multiple Pro Bowlers including best receiver since Jerry Rice, the league's leading RB, the and two linebackers who each were named Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I vote "coaching."

For me, that is another reason it is on the coaches. There is just to much talent on this team to stick it up so bad.

badboy
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
No defense first half. Third quarter, quite a bit of improvement. Coaches did not adjust quickly. Head coach also making calls on who we draft for Dbacks.