PDA

View Full Version : Does Brian Cushing come back next week?

Hookem Horns
10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I thought he was coming back this week however I must have misunderstood. Seriously his comeback was a little overhyped. The Giants neutralized him all day.

Actually after the TV announcers said he grew up in Giants territory as a Cowboys fan I threw up in my mouth a little.

GuerillaBlack
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
He didn't do bad this week. I saw him in the backfield a couple of times, too. He knocked down Eli at least twice.

PockyAF
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
What? You didn't see him today?

Big white dude, running around on D? Really? Big.. white.. dude..#56..white..big...white. It wasn't like we had many that shared his physical traits playing on defense. You know.. of being white.

It wasn't like he was bad today anyways, was really putting the heat on Manning a couple of times which caused our two interceptions that our cruddy CBs didn't deserved. Almost had one himself.

DiehardChris
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Cushing actually looked really good today. He had a deflected pass that could have been an interception. He was the guy pressuring the QB on BOTH the Texans INTs if I'm not mistaken - and, on one screen they threw to Bradshaw, Cushing had at least two guys ALL OVER him, he fought through the blockers and made the tackle for a short gain. He didn't have any highlight-reel plays or anything, but he was good. Haven't been able to re-watch the game yet (yuck) to see how his coverage was.

THE NFL
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Cushing actually looked really good today. He had a deflected pass that could have been an interception. He was the guy pressuring the QB on BOTH the Texans INTs if I'm not mistaken - and, on one screen they threw to Bradshaw, Cushing had at least two guys ALL OVER him, he fought through the blockers and made the tackle for a short gain. He didn't have any highlight-reel plays or anything, but he was good. Haven't been able to re-watch the game yet (yuck) to see how his coverage was.

But I thought Cushing was all the defense was lacking? I thought he walked on water and was the most dominant defensive player the NFL has ever seen?

Guess not....

imatexan
10-10-2010, 11:43 PM
But I thought Cushing was all the defense was lacking? I thought he walked on water and was the most dominant defensive player the NFL has ever seen?

Guess not....

We get it, you are a troll who has no decent input.
Having fun?

NitroGSXR
10-10-2010, 11:47 PM

Bradshaw absolutely trucked Cushing on a play today. Destroyed him. It was then that I realized... he really needed his overtrained hormones to kick in.

TheMatrix31
10-10-2010, 11:59 PM
This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Cushing was like, the lone ****ing bright spot on the team today.

HJam72
10-11-2010, 12:05 AM
This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Cushing was like, the lone ****ing bright spot on the team today.

Yeah, and you could see it plainly...cuz he's white...

He should paint himself green so the QB won't see him coming... :gamer:

hradhak
10-11-2010, 07:42 AM
He was in the back field a few times and he made some hits. I don't expect him to be lights out yet, not having played for 4 weeks. I imagine he'll be back soon though. It's hard to find anything good when the team played so badly.

Grams
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I sure hope so, the defense sure could use his help.

Oh wait, he played yesterday?

What happened to the defense getting better when he came back and he would solve all our defensive problems?

silvrhand
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM

I'm not even really what to say here..

The1ApplePie
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Even the best LBs look like trash when you have the worst DTs in the NFL up front.

He still made plenty of plays in space and got a good rush.

DiehardChris
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM

I'm not even really what to say here..

Did you watch the game? Those are only three plays, but I thought he did a lot more good than bad. Of course, none of that means jack SH*T, because the defense is in the toilet. If you disagree, say so. What did you see? Any meaningful feedback?

silvrhand
10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Did you watch the game? Those are only three plays, but I thought he did a lot more good than bad. Of course, none of that means jack SH*T, because the defense is in the toilet. If you disagree, say so. What did you see? Any meaningful feedback?

Most of his tackles were down the field 7-8 yards and he was shoved around the LoS all day, he had few bright spots and looked very very rusty. He also seemed to miss a LOT of tackles falling off of people and not delivering the blow, he pretty much looked like the rest of our defense after the first couple of series.

DiehardChris
10-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Most of his tackles were down the field 7-8 yards and he was shoved around the LoS all day, he had few bright spots and looked very very rusty. He also seemed to miss a LOT of tackles falling off of people and not delivering the blow, he pretty much looked like the rest of our defense after the first couple of series.

Of course he was rusty. But he also did some good things. You brought up some of the bad things. He's been out four weeks, he's not going to come back and be the same guy right away. He's always been a "drag the guy to the ground" tackler, so that combined with the rustiness makes it unsurprising to me that he missed some tackles. He'll be himself in a few weeks I think. Hopefully sooner.

NitroGSXR
10-11-2010, 10:23 AM
This may not be meaningful enough for you but there was no "pop" in his tackles. He looked like a solid player but then again so was Morlon Greenwood. We need the "pop" from Cushing.

Question is... is it because he hasn't been with his team for five full weeks or has he lost the "edge" that he needed? I'm hoping he gets his feet under him but I'm gravely concerned that it's the latter.

The1ApplePie
10-11-2010, 10:24 AM

That happens when the DTs get blown up and shoved back into the LBs.

The DEs outside of Mario were horrible as well (Ogunleye spent more time on the ground than on his feet)

Kaiser Toro
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll reserve judgment on his performance due to his time away. However, I expected a jolt of energy to permeate the defensive side of the ball. That did not happen, and that is what concerns me.

gtexan02
10-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I'll reserve judgment on his performance due to his time away. However, I expected a jolt of energy to permeate the defensive side of the ball. That did not happen, and that is what concerns me.

This.

With all the hype about letting a caged animal out and all that business, I was expecting to see something.... more impressive.

The Giants rolled us on defense. We looked exactly the same with Cushing as we did without him. Maybe even worse.

The Giants offense is not that great. Eli Manning is not that great. They all looked like probowlers yesterday.

Our defense with Cushing = our defense without Cushing so far.

Dutchrudder
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Guess not....

http://sale.images.woot.com/7r0LL2a4Detail.png

Mr teX
10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
He did alright all things considered. he wasn't going to set the world on fire having not played in 4 weeks. But the TE catches were toned down, unlike the 1st 4 weeks & Like others have said, when we did get after Eli it was cushing that was able to get to him. To be honest, He really didn't look all that different from last year which was encouraging imo.

silvrhand
10-12-2010, 03:41 PM
He did alright all things considered. he wasn't going to set the world on fire having not played in 4 weeks. But the TE catches were toned down, unlike the 1st 4 weeks & Like others have said, when we did get after Eli it was cushing that was able to get to him. To be honest, He really didn't look all that different from last year which was encouraging imo.

Giants don't really have a big pass catching TE like the other teams we have faced earlier this year.

El Tejano
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Yes and thank you. Sure he got drove a couple of times, but if you back and look at it there were probably 5 big plays made by our team all day. 2 by Owen Daniels, 1 by Andre, 1 by Mcmannis and the INT for Kareem. I'm not too sure about Mcmannis' int but I know Cushing was the reason for Kareem's because he was almost going to sack Manning on the play.

GP
10-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Do you think there is bigger trouble brewing?

I mean, KT, don't you sense that there's like a cloud of dread looming over the whole team? Who out there looks like they want to play, let alone to WIN?

I sense bad mojo. I don't know if there's whispers of it being Kubiak's last year, and the players are going full zombie because of it...or if there is a rift amongst the coaching staff and it's polarizing the players.

Something feels off.

GP
10-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Giants don't really have a big pass catching TE like the other teams we have faced earlier this year.

I call BS on that one.

Boss, if Manning wanted him to, could have ran over us all day. They just didn't need him to, because Nicks was torching us all day long.

And I think Cushing does have some impact on TE effectiveness. Boy, that statement doesn't good does it? LOL.

Hookem Horns
10-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Ahh ... I really like Kevin Boss.

Carr Bombed
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
hmm....

I thought Cushing played well for his first game back,

Don't really understand this thread.

dtran04
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Kinda sad but hard to name a defensive player that had a better day than Cushing really. He was the only guy to get pressure when they blitzed and caused both interceptions I think.

Double Barrel
10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
The problem is that our LBs are really the only standouts on the defense other than Pollard, so their effectiveness is severely limited as a result.

I don't think they are going to be able to fix our secondary this season, and since we cannot generate a consistent pass rush, I expect our defense to remain one of the worst in the league.

Unfortunately, that means our one dimension - a high powered offense that sometimes shows up - is what this team is going to win and lose by. I would not be surprised now to see a less than stellar record at the end of the season, and that really sucks to think just five weeks into it.

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Cushing seemed to very frequently pursue Manning blindly, many times letting the running back run right past him, seemingly giving him no notice, while he was remained fully focused on the QB who had already pawned off the ball seconds before.

Brisco_County
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Cushing has a knee injury. Not practicing, but some reports say he will play.

Link (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/13/brian-cushing-mario-williams-rested-during-practice-wednesday/)

JB
10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Cushing has a knee injury. Not practicing, but some reports say he will play.

Link (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/13/brian-cushing-mario-williams-rested-during-practice-wednesday/)

That was from yestersay. He practiced today.

LBs DeMeco Ryans (groin) and Brian Cushing (knee) practiced today. Kubiak said it looks like they're going to be fine

Link (http://twitter.com/NickScurfield)

drewmar74
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
That was from yestersay. He practiced today.

Link (http://twitter.com/NickScurfield)

As long as Demeco's groin wasn't injured by Cush's knee.....