PDA

View Full Version : Was there anything good today?

keyser
10-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Normally, even in the Texans' worst games, I've been able to point to one or two isolated things that were good. I'm having trouble finding anything remotely positive today.

Defense was a failure in almost every respect. No pressure and little run-stopping from the front four. Linebackers were pitiful (this was a unit with two DROYs on it?). Secondary - ha!
Offense couldn't run. Passing was inconsistent. No long TD drives all day.
Special teams were a failure. Slaton showed nothing on his returns (again). Offsides on a FG attempt giving NY a first down - really?!?
We can't even say we came out injury-free. Hopefully Brisiel and Dickerson will be OK, but I'm not optimistic.

I'd like to find some silver lining to all of this, but I'm having trouble seeing anything remotely good.

brakos82
10-10-2010, 06:42 PM
The Turkmeister is awesome.

Wolf
10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
The Texan Cheerleaders brought their "A" game with the pink outfits and pink pom poms (and a pink limo)

GuerillaBlack
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Kareem got a pick?

Heath Shuler
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Easily the best thing of the game: Turk’s punt that went out of bounds at the 3.

brakos82
10-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Kareem got a pick?

So did old-what's-his-face.... the old #98.

drs23
10-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Yes, it's OVER!:kitten:

gtexan02
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
The only good thing was that they were so bad that I was able to quit watching and do something more productive for the final hour

Ryan
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
this loss wasn't to a division rival, or anybody in the conference.

TEXANRED
10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
We improved our draft position for 2011.

Brisco_County
10-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Serious answer: Owen Daniels.

He started getting open and on one play looked like last year's OD.

redwhiteANDblue
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Our CBs finally get interceptions

HTown2ATX
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes there is something good today. I still got drunk and grilled and K-Burnt is not on an NFL effing field right now at 6:21 pm CST! :gun:

hradhak
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM

OD did look impressive. He looked like he was as fast as he used to be.

GuerillaBlack
10-10-2010, 07:37 PM

Actually, this is pretty true. Owen Daniels did look pretty good out there.

DerekLee1
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
The Texans usually bounce back from a stinker with a solid performance and a win.

axman40
10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I agree with Wolf the cheerleaders!
:texflag:

drewmar74
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
The Texans usually bounce back from a stinker with a solid performance and a win.

Kinda like a cat in a litter box? The cat may cover up its crap with litter but you're not going to win a football game being a puh-cee.

BullNation4Life
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Actually, this is pretty true. Owen Daniels did look pretty good out there.

He layed the wood to one of the G-Men DBs on one of his catches, then let ol boy know about it.

BullNation4Life
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Kinda like a cat in a litter box? The cat may cover up its crap with litter but you're not going to win a football game being a puh-cee.

:yikes:

texansdrummer
10-10-2010, 08:09 PM
- It wasn't a division loss

- The team with the best record in the league has one more win than we do.

n420p69
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
It was just a bad game for the Texans, it happens sometimes. Giants got killed by the Colts week 2 worse then this. Its just a blip on the radar its still your division if you can get past Indy.

thegr8fan
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM
the porta potty lines at the tailgate are normally a stand and wait your turn event, but today, it was step right in. Boy is that nice when you've held it as long as physically possible and don't have to do the pee-pee dance waiting for an open/available porta john. They even still smelled fresh and minty. :texflag:

brakos82
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
the porta potty lines at the tailgate are normally a stand and wait your turn event, but today, it was step right in. Boy is that nice when you've held it as long as physically possible and don't have to do the pee-pee dance waiting for an open/available porta john. They even still smelled fresh and minty. :texflag:

OK, who robbed the peppermint plant? :nolisten:

Wolf
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I couldn't help but laugh when a friend of mine posted this on facebook

has come to realize the best thing about wearing his Cowboys jersey is getting 10% off at Albertsons. Ugh!!

DerekLee1
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
It was just a bad game for the Texans, it happens sometimes. Giants got killed by the Colts week 2 worse then this. Its just a blip on the radar its still your division if you can get past Indy.

:goodpost: THIS.

Jeebus, people. It takes a Giants fan to tell you this? It's one bad game. The sky isn't falling here (although if it was, I wouldn't count on our secondary to defend it). We beat the Colts, the Colts beat the Giants, the Giants beat us. Who's better? Who cares? We're still in first place in our division and undefeated in the conference. Get over it and move on to our next opponent, who IS in our conference.

dream_team
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I, too, thought there wasn't much to be happy about after today... But I was wrong!

1. OD did look better
2. We lost to a good team.
3. I'm a big Turk critic, but unfortunately he was our best player today.
4. Secondary was horrible, but good to see some interceptions.

Ummmmmm. That's about it.

b0ng
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
The one good thing? I get to listen to and read fans over react in incredibly funny ways for the next week.

Kulluminatii
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, the Raiders finally snapped a 13 game/7 year losing streak against the Chargers...so thats good news, for me anyway :D.

Ghostform
10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
The only good thing was Eli throwing KJ a gift cuz he felt bad for him.

kiwitexansfan
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
:goodpost: THIS.

Jeebus, people. It takes a Giants fan to tell you this? It's one bad game. The sky isn't falling here (although if it was, I wouldn't count on our secondary to defend it). We beat the Colts, the Colts beat the Giants, the Giants beat us. Who's better? Who cares? We're still in first place in our division and undefeated in the conference. Get over it and move on to our next opponent, who IS in our conference.

Its not just one bad game. The Texans have looked inept against the pass every game this year. On occasions when our offense clicks we can overcome that ineptness but on off days we will lose BADLY.

Texan_Bill
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Re: Was there anything good today?

Yes!!! Blue Crew rocked as usual and SuperGary made it out!! How awesome is that????

jjjezebel
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Well, Eli's faceplant was rather amusing.

As was Little Bit's attempts at punt returns. :heart: (He's so cute!)

kiwitexansfan
10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
If we're going to miss the playoffs we are at least working on draft position.

May I recommend Prince Amukamara from Nebraska.

GuerillaBlack
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
The first defensive series had me amped up. That part of the game was good. They seem to not know what the hell they were doing after that, though.

DexmanC
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
The coaching disparity was HUGE between Kubiak/Wade and Kubiak/Coughlin.
The AFC South, our division, has coaching staffs who can coach Kubiak
under a table, thus only 2 wins in the last couple years. The AFC teams
we've drawn have coaching staffs that have already pushed through
postseason: Chargers, Jets, and Ravens.

Kubiak has me LOL'ing. When we play Jacksonville, it always looks like
DelRio has a few tricks up his sleeve that he ALWAYS pulls on the Texans.
The Titans run an efficient, ball control offense, that the Texans just don't
fare well against with VY under-center.

Ain't no panic here. Just letting you know what's on the DVR. This season
is very reminiscent of 2009, only it's in reverse.

thunderkyss
10-10-2010, 11:56 PM
The first defensive series had me amped up. That part of the game was good. They seem to not know what the hell they were doing after that, though.

The defense came out of the half, forced two 3 & outs on the Giants first two possessions. On their 3rd, KJ got the pick, giving the offense a 17 yard field to set up our only touchdown.

The defense then allowed NY to convert 2 third downs, but held them to a field goal in the third Qtr. (That was Sage Rosenfels holding the ball by the way.)

In the 4th Qtr, we forced a punt on the Giants first possession.

We forced them to kick a field goal on their second possession of the 4th Qtr... well, Antonio Smith was a little anxious, went offsides, first down....................... Touchdown.

The defense played good enough to win, or at least make it a game.

6 possessions in the second half. 6 offensive possessions in the second half.

We only scored once, & that was because the defense gave us a short, short, short field.

Norg
10-11-2010, 12:35 AM
this is going sorta like last year

Jets-L
titans-W
jags-L
raiders-W
Cards-L
CIncy-W

Jakeryl and hyde LOL

HJam72
10-11-2010, 01:49 AM
We're going to win all 6 division games this year and go 8-8. I just know it...

Houston is going to have the most alcoholic fanbase in the world.

brakos82
10-11-2010, 02:15 AM

Kiss my ass. LOL

JB
10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
LaidownTexans&coaches!

Another big game, another big time BLOW OUT LOST at home! The same , old dead-fense surprise no one again! The DEAD-last defense allowed every teams that played them an average of 408yrds per game, a fun field day passing, and for the biggest bonus of all,..a guarantee of 25.5 points or higher if they are not satisfied! The pathetic NFL WORST secondary DB should be cut, especially K Jackson. He is a BIGGEST BUST since Carr, what a big time loser,…he got creamed(Kreamed) on every single games,…TOO SHORT!TOO SLOW!TOO many big plays/TDs giver! The dead-fense never shown up on any games!
Frank Bush should be FIRED ASAP! You don't belong in the NFL (Not For Loser!)
We thought the Texans & Coaches staff learned a hard lesson after the Cowdungboys , but no, history repeated itself again , and again!

Let the grade report be shown!
Against the NFC East Cowdungboys & GiddyGiants

Dead-fense grade- --F that's 5 games straight & counting!
Off-fense grade--- F off day in big time game again, especially at HOME!
Special less Team ---F lots of same, old, dumb miscued & penalties!
Coaches Staff ----- F- Got out-coached again, 5 days to prepared, and that's the result!

The second Blow Out games in front of 70K+home fans, Mr. Mac air, Senior G. Bush , is beyond Pathetic, the Suckle Texans look like the first year NFL expansion team again, again & again!

This is the third thread where I have read this exact post. Just guessing by your post count, I've got two more to find?

Thorn
10-11-2010, 08:35 AM
We're going to win all 6 division games this year and go 8-8. I just know it...

There's a reason for that, you know. LOL

awtysst
10-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Well I got a haircut yesterday and a certain Golden Retriever got a bath.

Oh, you mean in regards to the game. Sorry, my mistake!

NitroGSXR
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
No serious injuries for either side.