PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Jackson,D,O,coaching....terrible

4x4tx
10-10-2010, 02:51 PM
The defense as a whole is terrible but I dont think this dude is gonna make it..he is not a play maker..even in the bad thrown INT, its a miracle he didnt fumble it the way he was holding it....he plays too far off the WR, slips all the time, never jumps any routes, appears slow and small....if we dont blitz everydown the secondary is gonna get ripped every game....horrible coaching job as well today on both sides...embarassing

Bearkat Texan
10-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I honestly think this is how the coaches want him to play (far off the WR) because of all the mistakes and bad decision making he has shown. i figure if you dont trust ur cbs to play man to man then why have them out there...

4x4tx
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
exactly..they know he stinks but are trying to force him to play since he was our #1 pick.

RTP2110
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Either way, we're stuck with him.

CretorFrigg
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
The defense as a whole is terrible but I dont think this dude is gonna make it..he is not a play maker..even in the bad thrown INT, its a miracle he didnt fumble it the way he was holding it....he plays too far off the WR, slips all the time, never jumps any routes, appears slow and small....if we dont blitz everydown the secondary is gonna get ripped every game....horrible coaching job as well today on both sides...embarassing

That's on Frank Bush.

Bearkat Texan
10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
I really dont know what the answer is to correct this...its been 5 games in and its the same thing every week and nothing is changing.

Hervoyel
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I think a lot of the worst that you're seeing out of Kareem Jackson is the direct result of being thrown out there too soon. I didn't have a problem with it at the time and wanted to believe that he was going to be up to the task but clearly he hasn't been and this should have been picked up on in training camp.

Some guys can start from day one, others need to get up to speed first, and still others are late bloomers. Some never make it. We don't know if Kareem will ever make it but we do know one thing now. He wasn't ready to start from day one. That was all bullshit from the Texans.

Malloy
10-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Come on guys, we're just waiting for his 'light to turn on'... :clown:

mariowillshine15
10-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Come on guys, we're just waiting for his 'light to turn on'... :clown:

Well the bulb must be broken or just dim.

Big Lou
10-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I think a lot of the worst that you're seeing out of Kareem Jackson is the direct result of being thrown out there too soon. I didn't have a problem with it at the time and wanted to believe that he was going to be up to the task but clearly he hasn't been and this should have been picked up on in training camp.

Some guys can start from day one, others need to get up to speed first, and still others are late bloomers. Some never make it. We don't know if Kareem will ever make it but we do know one thing now. He wasn't ready to start from day one. That was all bullshit from the Texans.

We're giving KJ the "David Carr Treatment". He'll be ruined by the end of the year and a waste of a draft pick.

You can't destroy a CB's ego or they'll never make it.

Porky
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Kareem is a BUST. Bigtime, terrible bust. No doubt in my mind. Yes, he can improve, but there are certain things you can see from rookies and you know that this is a guy that's got "it". This guy doesn't have squat, much less it. Interception or not, he is simply horrible. Horrible in every single aspect of the game. He isn't a plus player in any phase of his game. Just terrible. If there is a worse starting corner in the NFL, I want to see him.

He'll be out of the NFL and selling insurance in 3 years. You're in good hands with Allstate Kareem. Another 1st round wasted draft pick Gary and Rick. Far better corners but no you wanted one that was NFL ready. Ready for what? Making the opposing QB look great on TV?

fiasco west
10-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Kareem is a BUST. Bigtime, terrible bust. No doubt in my mind. Yes, he can improve, but there are certain things you can see from rookies and you know that this is a guy that's got "it". This guy doesn't have squat, much less it. Interception or not, he is simply horrible. Horrible in every single aspect of the game. He isn't a plus player in any phase of his game. Just terrible. If there is a worse starting corner in the NFL, I want to see him.

He'll be out of the NFL and selling insurance in 3 years. You're in good hands with Allstate Kareem. Another 1st round wasted draft pick Gary and Rick. Far better corners but no you wanted one that was NFL ready. Ready for what? Making the opposing QB look great on TV?

I'm sure not ready to say that.

Some guys need time, Mario sure needed it. Foster sure needed it, Pollard sure needed it.

I think it is more on management expecting him to play at first. Didn't Nnamdi even say he wasn't ready to play as a rookie corner?

Either way this will either kill his confidence ala David Carr, or it will make him work that much harder to get better.

BattleRedToro
10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
David Gibbs message to Kareem Jackson. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q29YR5-t3gg&feature=related)

rmartin65
10-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Not really a fan of the pick (I liked the position, but would have taken another player) but I cant call him a bust just yet. 5 games into his career is way to early.

Blazin' Toro
10-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Has anyone forgot about his pick that set up for the only touchdown of the game? I say we sign a veteran CB to a 1-2 year contract, I believe Fred Smoot is a pretty good FA. Then we can just let Kareem be the 2nd or 3rd DB with less pressure on him. Just my humble opinion, the Texans need to start making moves now.

Brisco_County
10-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Quin was getting burned just as badly when he was getting thrown to.

4x4tx
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Quin was getting burned just as badly when he was getting thrown to.

I dont disagree, the whole secondary is bad. It seems a lot of if is the safetys too, I see the CB's hold up their hands after a play way too much where they expected safety help. The whole D is a mess and it falls on the coaching...one or two games ok, but this is the 5th and nothnig has changed. I was hoping cushing being out was the main reason but that isnt it either.

Carr Bombed
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Kareem Jackson sucks ***.

Just got back from the game and he sucks everything that is holy...the guy plain sucks. I'd gladly take Petey faggins over Jackson, hell I'd take anybody over that bum. Kareem Jackson is a BUST by every definition.....the guy is horrible and looks lost on every play.

Carr Bombed
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Kareem Jackson sucks ***.

Just got back from the game and he sucks everything that is holy...the guy plain sucks. I'd gladly take Petey Faggins over Jackson, hell I'd take anybody over that bum. Kareem Jackson is a BUST by every definition.....the guy is horrible and looks lost on every play.

Did I not mention that Kareem Jackson was alpo dog ****? Yep, (I'm tired of people making excuses for the guy...he's horrible and is absolutely terrible at his position

BullsOnParade
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Kareem doesn't look like a first-round pick; that's for sure. Maybe a 3rd-rounder...

Goatcheese
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
And to think people were jumping on my case a few weeks back for calling him K-Burnt. :mcnugget:

:facepalm:

Ghostform
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Give Mcmannis a shot. He cant be any worse.

HTown2ATX
10-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm tired of people making excuses for the guy...he's horrible and is absolutely terrible at his position

Agreed for right now! My left *** covers my right *** better than he covers air (meaning no one).

HTown2ATX
10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
And to think people were jumping on my case a few weeks back for calling him K-Burnt. :mcnugget:

LMAO! Dude, some people just think they are soo smart when it comes to football when they are not is all.

I've called him K-Burnt on at leats 3 to 4 threads today!

Cjeremy635
10-10-2010, 07:07 PM
I was at the game and he definately got torched, but he is a rookie out there. Do I think he's getting his ass handed to him? Yep. Do I think it's too early for him to be labeled a bust? Yep. Do I think he brought a lot of this pressure on himself by holding out of training camp? Yep.

You hold out of training camp and miss valuable time as a rookie (who NEVER played ONE NFL down) because you think you deserve more money for the "skills" you think you're gonna bring to the table. That is bullshit! The kid should be sitting and learning or be the nickle DB right now.

As far as coverage schemes go, the whole DB group was giving very large cushions to the receivers. I agree with the poster who stated about the CBs throwing up their hands, expecting safety help. There is some serious miscommunication going on out there. I don't know what the answer is, but it isn't what we keep doing.

Don't even get me started on the offense, that group has taken a huge step back this year. Whoop-dee-doo....we can run the ball. We didn't run jack shit today and still can't throw. Our passing game has not gotten on track this year for whatever reason. This whole team needs to take a serious look at themselves. That goes for special teams too....the return team and kickoff team are HORRIBLE!

Hervoyel
10-10-2010, 07:18 PM

You were right, I was wrong. I apologize. He's in so far over his head that he may never reach the surface.

Yankee_In_TX
10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I think a lot of the worst that you're seeing out of Kareem Jackson is the direct result of being thrown out there too soon...into one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

He wouldn't be such a liability if he had a good CB of safety playing back there.

bo orlando
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM

I've seen Kareem show good technique and good speed. His main problem is that he just looks lost much of the time, something compounded by the fact that other teams are clearly gameplanning to challenge and exploit him. This is on Kubiak and Rick Smith or whoever decided to start him from day 1 on a defense with weak safeties and so-so pass rush, but it's way way too early to call him a bust.

kiwitexansfan
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I've seen Kareem show good technique and good speed. His main problem is that he just looks lost much of the time, something compounded by the fact that other teams are clearly gameplanning to challenge and exploit him. This is on Kubiak and Rick Smith or whoever decided to start him from day 1 on a defense with weak safeties and so-so pass rush, but it's way way too early to call him a bust.

Signed Dad

Fixed it for ya

dream_team
10-10-2010, 08:36 PM
I was at the game and he definately got torched, but he is a rookie out there. Do I think he's getting his ass handed to him? Yep. Do I think it's too early for him to be labeled a bust? Yep. Do I think he brought a lot of this pressure on himself by holding out of training camp? Yep.

You hold out of training camp and miss valuable time as a rookie (who NEVER played ONE NFL down) because you think you deserve more money for the "skills" you think you're gonna bring to the table. That is bullshit! The kid should be sitting and learning or be the nickle DB right now. !

I could be wrong, but I swear he didn't hold out of training camp.

silvrhand
10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
It's not just the corners..

- it's the defensive line
- it's the LB
- it's the corners
- it's the safeties..
- and it's the ridiculous defensive calls..

It's bad all around, there is nothing positive going on on our defense right now.

Revolution
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I could be wrong, but I swear he didn't hold out of training camp.

He missed a half day of practice. People don't ever get their facts straight before posting.

JB
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM

- it's the LB
- it's the corners
- it's the safeties..

It's bad all around, there is nothing positive going on on our defense right now.

umm, we didn't put 13 men on the field in a goal line situation?

Though maybe we should have tried that.

dream_team
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
He missed a half day of practice. People don't ever get their facts straight before posting.

My bad! I just checked the training camp schedule and it looks like he missed the 3 hour session on cover skills. Makes alot of sense now.

JB
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM

And that constitutes a holdout?

Goatcheese
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
You were right, I was wrong. I apologize. He's in so far over his head that he may never reach the surface.

No big deal man. I wasn't rubbing it in, but more noting how quickly the board had turned on him. A few weeks back calling him "K-burnt" was viewed as harsh criticism, but it's a love tap compared to to some of the shots he's taken today.

Here's to hoping he develops into the player we all hope he can be. :texflag:

DBCooper
10-10-2010, 10:30 PM
On most of the plays he got burned it looked like he was expecting safety help and before he could make adjustments to the fact that the safeties and linebackers were nowhere to be seen........ You know the rest

ESAD2-14
10-10-2010, 10:31 PM
No big deal man. I wasn't rubbing it in, but more noting how quickly the board had turned on him. A few weeks back calling him "K-burnt" was viewed as harsh criticism, but it's a love tap compared to to some of the shots he's taken today.

Here's to hoping he develops into the player we all hope he can be. :texflag:

Hope he does too. Unfortunately he is going to be targeted every game all game long until/if he corrects what is wrong. Also, is it just me or do Texans "blitzes" (when they do blitz) seem take a painfully long time to develop?

DexmanC
10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Hope he does too. Unfortunately he is going to be targeted every game all game long until/if he corrects what is wrong. Also, is it just me or do Texans "blitzes" (when they do blitz) seem take a painfully long time to develop?

The team is not "football smart" enough to handle complex schemes, nor
is the coaching staff good enough to teach complex blitz packages to
the defense. The Texans run a VERY BASIC SCHEME, hoping to out
execute the offense, although the offense knows what's coming.
It worked well last year, because every level of the defense was
able to handle "enough" of its job. This year, players are overcompensating
for pathetic play from the corners, and the entire play comes unraveled, down
after down after down.

Bill Belichick and company, this coaching staff ain't.

silvrhand
10-11-2010, 09:06 AM
The team is not "football smart" enough to handle complex schemes, nor
is the coaching staff good enough to teach complex blitz packages to
the defense. The Texans run a VERY BASIC SCHEME, hoping to out
execute the offense, although the offense knows what's coming.
It worked well last year, because every level of the defense was
able to handle "enough" of its job. This year, players are overcompensating
for pathetic play from the corners, and the entire play comes unraveled, down
after down after down.

Bill Belichick and company, this coaching staff ain't.

EXACTLY.. I don't know how many times I watched KJ get matched up one on one only to watch pollard walk up to about 8 yards deep and Eli smile... I mean come on man if I can spot the coverage before the snap do you think he can?

Everytime Eli went deep.. And the funny thing is it wasn't even an all out blitz, we sent 5 and a delayed LB blitz... yah that's gonna work, I'm not even really sure why pollard was cheating up to the LoS..

VTexan
10-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jackson wasn't even the best corner at alabama..

JB
10-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jackson wasn't even the best corner at alabama..

Wonder why every college and pro scout disagrees with that statement? :thinking:

The1ApplePie
10-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Way too early to call Kareem a bust.

Okoye though, is probably the worst pick of the Smithiak era. Total bust, especially with so many Pro Bowlers taken after him. (hindsight I know):choke:

beerlover
10-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Way too early to call Kareem a bust.

Okoye though, is probably the worst pick of the Smithiak era. Total bust, especially with so many Pro Bowlers taken after him. (hindsight I know):choke:

this is probably more accurate statement. Amobi has the reps & time to judge his external motivation along with game day tape. all this Kareem bashing is pre-mature. just how many sacks did the Texans have on Manning....Cushing included? thats right a big...fat... goose egg...zero. even when they did get some pressure the ball was in flight, on the outside shoulder before the WR even made his turn. give Giants some props for excellent execution & timing of plays instead of bashing players placed in positions to lose :cool:

IDEXAN
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Would we be having this conversation about KJ this morning if we
had the G-Mens starting DLine instead of the one we have ?

Porky
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I've had a day to think about this...and it's time to admit I was wrong.

The guy is even worse than I thought. Calling him a bust doesn't measure the depth of his suckitude. It's like calling the Grand Canyon that little ditch in Arizona or calling the sun a portable heater.

I am at a loss for words. I can't come up with the words to explain how bad this guy is. If suckitude could be measured like a scale measures weight, the needle would be pointing off the chart.

He isn't improving whatsoever and hasn't shown any indication at all that he will ever make it to even decent backup. The fact of the matter is that the only reason that the guy is on the field is to save face. Kubes and Smith will never come out after 5 games and pull the plug on the guy, even after getting burned so bad that the entire fire dept in Houston was working on overtime yesterday.

I've seen UDFA's come out and play far better than this cat. Yes the whole secondary stinks to high heaven, but this guy is just so bad that he brings the whole level of play down back there. With a decent corner there, I think the level of play comes up. A rising tide lifts all boats. He's like a giant black hole that sucks the entire life out of the universe.

Dude might be the nicest guy ever, but as a football player..he's an insurance saleman in training.

IDEXAN
10-11-2010, 12:11 PM
IIRC D-Rob was horrible his rookie year - for about the first 6 games then he started to play better, dramatically better, and finished the year at a near PB level. Some would say his rookie year was his best year, all things considered. I know he got some PIKs that year.
Maybe there's still some hope that KJ can improve, even dramatically, during the rest of his rookie year. D-Rob did in his.

silvrhand
10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
this is probably more accurate statement. Amobi has the reps & time to judge his external motivation along with game day tape. all this Kareem bashing is pre-mature. just how many sacks did the Texans have on Manning....Cushing included? thats right a big...fat... goose egg...zero. even when they did get some pressure the ball was in flight, on the outside shoulder before the WR even made his turn. give Giants some props for excellent execution & timing of plays instead of bashing players placed in positions to lose :cool:

Yep, there were a couple backside shoulder fade throws that I wish Matt could make.. But there are some mistakes he is making, he fell down again and I can't help but wonder what's causing that bad footwork, just plain bad luck?

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Kareem Jackson sucks? Well I think a lot of people in here need to pipe down on blasting this kid. Many in here were perfectly fine rolling with a rookie as our starting CB, and had no problems with the Texans not going out and getting help in the secondary in the off season. A few of us have said time and time again in here that you have to fill in your holes in the off season with certain free agents. You can't always just build through the draft and this secondary was terrible last season. The Texans did nothing to fix that in the off season other than letting go of our best CB. I heard numerous people all over this site acting like Kareem Jackson was already better than Dunta and many literally thought he was ready to go by default.

He's a rookie. He's having a ton of growing pains, but this is what you get when you roll the dice on a rookie and throw all caution to the wind. The Texans refused to do jack to the secondary in the off season, so now we're seeing the consequences from that. I couldn't believe the hype that Jackson got in here before the season when he hadn't even played a down yet. Well he's struggling, but he's all the Texans have, so support the guy through his growing pains since it's what many fans in here wanted. The CB position is one of the hardest positions to develop into in the NFL. That's why you get veteran players that are well known commodities or at least servicable players in the league as free agents. The Texans will never win jack with this "build through the draft" policy, and I'm sick and tired of the excuses every off season from the Smithiak supporters that feel like we should never make a move in free agency. The lack of doing nothing to fill certain holes seems to haunt us every season.

beerlover
10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
can't understand why fans are not more concerned with continued lack of pass rush, given the investment & number of high draft picks. if they can't even manufacture one sack how the hell is that better than a young secondary that at least has two picks?

Cjeremy635
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
IIRC D-Rob was horrible his rookie year - for about the first 6 games then he started to play better, dramatically better, and finished the year at a near PB level. Some would say his rookie year was his best year, all things considered. I know he got some PIKs that year.
Maybe there's still some hope that KJ can improve, even dramatically, during the rest of his rookie year. D-Rob did in his.

IIRC, D-Rob had Aaron Glenn to mentor him along and give him some veteran pointers his rookie year. Kareem doesn't have that, so he's even at a more disadvantage than D-Rob was. To expect him to make the same change is a bit premature. I think we are all under evaluating the effects of having some veteran leadership in key roles on this team. We can have all of the talent in the world, but if no one gives them direction, they're just spinning their wheels. We need veterans and we need them fast.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
can't understand why fans are not more concerned with continued lack of pass rush, given the investment & number of high draft picks. if they can't even manufacture one sack how the hell is that better than a young secondary that at least has two picks?

4 picks...nolan got 2 last week

badboy
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
can't understand why fans are not more concerned with continued lack of pass rush, given the investment & number of high draft picks. if they can't even manufacture one sack how the hell is that better than a young secondary that at least has two picks?Exactly where did Antonio Smith go? He played very well last game and then pfft. We signed these guys with the exception of Okam to get to the QB. Even Mitchell was "fast to the QB" and exactly how many sacks do we have? pfft. With the exception of Pollard, no one including Mario and Ryans are performing as I thought they would. Let me correct that. Kareem Jackson is playing exactly as I thought he would.

IDEXAN
10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Manning had all day long to launch his passes Sunday. Even the best, the most experienced and most talented cover guys are challenged when their front 7 isn't getting any pressure on the QB, but for very young corners like ours the experience was understandebly overwhelming.

silvrhand
10-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Manning had all day long to launch his passes Sunday. Even the best, the most experienced and most talented cover guys are challenged when their front 7 isn't getting any pressure on the QB, but for very young corners like ours the experience was understandebly overwhelming.

That's if you are playing man, if you are playing zone a good receiver will eventually find the soft spot and settle down if you give them enough time.

beerlover
10-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Exactly where did Antonio Smith go? He played very well last game and then pfft. We signed these guys with the exception of Okam to get to the QB. Even Mitchell was "fast to the QB" and exactly how many sacks do we have? pfft. With the exception of Pollard, no one including Mario and Ryans are performing as I thought they would. Let me correct that. Kareem Jackson is playing exactly as I thought he would.

I didn't see that hybrid stand-up DE position Barwin filled week one, thought maybe when Cush came back he would fill that role? the DL shows no sense of urgency, not even one sack? give me a break, not to mention their OL was banged up & filled with reserves, now thats suckitude :roast:

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Agreed. The continuious lack of a pass rush is what should be criticized more than anything. We've invested high draft picks and a lot of dollars there and we get so much inconsistency there and that is what helps or hurts the secondary a lot. The secondary was going to be dreadful this season no matter what since the Texans failed to address it. The pass rush just continues to suck though.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 12:54 PM
the problem with that is none of our DT's command a double team & the free O-linemen are free to double & chip on Mario & Smith. when we do send blitzes, those same free o-linemen peel off & at least delay the blitzing lb enough for the qb to hit the short routes.

Rey
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I came away from the game far less impressed with McCain as opposed to Kjax.

The1ApplePie
10-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I didn't see that hybrid stand-up DE position Barwin filled week one, thought maybe when Cush came back he would fill that role? the DL shows no sense of urgency, not even one sack? give me a break, not to mention their OL was banged up & filled with reserves, now thats suckitude :roast:

Mario was playing the Elephant a few times (at least I saw him standing up a lot).

Make Mark Anderson will play the Elephant when he gets acclimated.

Rey
10-11-2010, 02:26 PM

We got some good hits on Manning... We were very close a bunch of times...

But when the QB is consistently able to go to his first or second read, and doesn't even hesitate when trying to find the open man then the D-line is always going to be a step or two late...

I promise you that if Eli had to search a little bit harder to find the open guy we would have gotten at least one sack.

He barely scrambled or even had to shift around in the pocket before he was letting it fly.

badboy
10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Manning had all day long to launch his passes Sunday. Even the best, the most experienced and most talented cover guys are challenged when their front 7 isn't getting any pressure on the QB, but for very young corners like ours the experience was understandebly overwhelming.Wait, wait, wait. Jackson has played cornerback for a "pro style" O. No one was putting "pro" moves on a poor inexperienced neophyte. They were just running right by him. I kept yelling at my TV "Forget chucking the damn receiver just stay up with him and get in his face." The kid can not run with the WR. He plays corner like a SS.

badboy
10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I didn't see that hybrid stand-up DE position Barwin filled week one, thought maybe when Cush came back he would fill that role? the DL shows no sense of urgency, not even one sack? give me a break, not to mention their OL was banged up & filled with reserves, now thats suckitude :roast:I'm really tired of draftin D lineman that can't get to second level let alone the QB. How about going after free agents that at least have an NFL track record (Not saying over the hill players that got cut."

badboy
10-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I came away from the game far less impressed with McCain as opposed to Kjax.Sure but KJ was a # 1 pick.

Rey
10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Yesterday during the first half the announcers were basically calling the defensive co-ordinator and the head coach dumb for having the DB's play so far off the LOS...

They were saying that Manning is getting the ball out so quick and the corners don't even have time to react to the ball because of where they were playing.

Then in the second half the corners starting playing more man coverage and came up on the LOS. They took their lumps still, but the defense looked much better at that point. Manning was acutually having to hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds. We started hitting him more and he forced some bad balls.

Going forward, I hope that they don't play that zone coverage and have the corners giving that humoungous cushion to receivers.

I thought we were done with that crap.

Is that a Ray Rhodes thing?

beerlover
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
here is a nice find how a quality franchise approaches buisness. in their off week they too are looking for help, answers never being content with status quo - http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/pros/x819631001/These-are-trying-times-for-the-New-England-Patriots

HJam72
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM
I swear that one of our CBs (probably KJ) just let a WR run right by him while he defended a ghost at he LOS. He didn't even cover the first 5 yds. This was a resulted TD pass, for like 12 or 15 yds. I think. Obviously, he thought he would get "help," but who the heck are you pass-covering at the LOS??? Do we really need our CBs to just stand there and wait in case it's a run-sweep right at them? i don't think so. How 'bout the CBs actually try to help the safeties, instead of just hoping the WR will go find a safety to run into. These WRs aren't retarded. If you don't cover them at all, they tend to get open. Freaking A, man.

Rey
10-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Sure but KJ was a # 1 pick.

True.

But I honestly think KJAX will be a good player. To be honest, I don't think he played any worse yesterday than he has all year.

I like him in man coverage with safety help over the top a lot at this point.

He has gotten beat deep some, but he is very physical on receivers and normally when he gets beat it's not like he's out of the picture...He's normally right there with the receiver...I think he's going to be good...of course that's JMO...

MCain is the same way, but he just seems too small and he looks lost when the ball is in the air.

Rey
10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I swear that one of our CBs (probably KJ) just let a WR run right by him while he defended a ghost at he LOS.

I believe that was McCain (I could be wrong)...

But if I'm not mistaken that was Pollards fault for coming up so far.... looked like he bit on something...

HJam72
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I believe that was McCain (I could be wrong)...

But if I'm not mistaken that was Pollards fault for coming up so far.... looked like he bit on something...

Not sure that was the same play, but, yeah, it could've been McCain. Did they call a zone blitz on the 12 yard line? You use freaking zone coverage on the 12 yard line? A blitz, maybe, but not zone....God. I just don't get it.

badboy
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Yesterday during the first half the announcers were basically calling the defensive co-ordinator and the head coach dumb for having the DB's play so far off the LOS...

They were saying that Manning is getting the ball out so quick and the corners don't even have time to react to the ball because of where they were playing.

Then in the second half the corners starting playing more man coverage and came up on the LOS. They took their lumps still, but the defense looked much better at that point. Manning was acutually having to hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds. We started hitting him more and he forced some bad balls.

Going forward, I hope that they don't play that zone coverage and have the corners giving that humoungous cushion to receivers.

Is that a Ray Rhodes thing?I heard what you did but disagreed with them. The problem was not the cushion it was WR racing by them DESPITE the cushion. I don't remember too many plays where Manning was hitting the WR with 2-3 yards of the LOS anf then the WR took off. The CBs looked slightly better in second half because in playing man, they were not trying to bump the WR. When you whiff it takes 2-3 seconds to recover. If you guys will read my thread posted right after the draft when I said Smithiak got it wrong selecting KJ, we are seeing just what I predicted.

HJam72
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I do have to admit that I didn't watch this game real closely because it was my mother's birthday and I could just tell they were stinking it up. I haven't rewatched it either (yet), because it's going to be painful...

I saw things that made me go, "What the Hell is wrong with these people?" though.

Rey
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't remember too many plays where Manning was hitting the WR with 2-3 yards

Not 2-3 yards, but they were catching a lot of balls in front of our corners. Maybe 7-13 yards...

If you go look at the play by play (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101008/2010/REG5/giants@texans#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay)

The longest pass it looks like he completed in the first half was for 19 yards...

The rest of the time you mostly see Eli short right, Eli short left, Eli short middle...

They ripped of some nice chunks in the running game too...Their backs just ended up with decent averages though...

He wasn't sitting in the pocket throwing a bunch of strikes down field...It was mostly, 3 step drops and boom the ball was out...

Blake
10-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I was pretty harsh on KJ the first 4 weeks of the season. Bringing back to life the KJ is > than Dunta thread more than a couple of times. And he didnt look much better this week even with his pick.

But to call him a bust is a bit immature. This entire defense looks like a bust. And if you cant see that our "scheme" is seriously flawed then I dont know what to tell you.

I was very critical of the organizations decision to let Dunta go, and put KJ out there as the #1 corner. I always though you put your rookie CB as the 2nd corner, or even nickel corner and let him work his way up. Build some confidence. Get him some better matchups. But they decided to put him on their #1 and ROY WILLIAMS and Hakeem Nicks have bigtime games.

And why did we let Reeves go? He wasnt that bad, and would have given us some vet leadership in the cornerback position.

TexansSeminole
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Kareem Jackson is going to be a good cornerback once the season is through. I'm gonna smile when everyone starts backtracking on these words. This guy has no safety help whatsoever, none of the corners do. Every play this rookie is on an island. He's made some plays and he's given up some plays. Even Glover Quin is having a hard time. McCain is the corner that is getting completely dominated out there. Every single play it seems like he is losing. Kareem Jackson has definitely played better than McCain.

Pollard has been really, really bad in coverage this year. But it isn't just Pollard, our safeties have been blowing coverages all season. You can see the body language of the corners and linebackers sometimes after a touchdown or a long gain, that the safety just wasn't there.

We need a FS with range. One that can play deep middle and still make plays along the sidelines. We have never had that and Pollard's effectiveness is limited due to our lack of that type of FS. It seems so obvious to me. Our D Coordinator seems to call plays knowing that our safeties can't be trusted, it's one of the reasons we play our corners off so far.

Porky
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Kareem Jackson is going to be a good cornerback once the season is through. I'm gonna smile when everyone starts backtracking on these words. This guy has no safety help whatsoever, none of the corners do. Every play this rookie is on an island. He's made some plays and he's given up some plays. Even Glover Quin is having a hard time. McCain is the corner that is getting completely dominated out there. Every single play it seems like he is losing. Kareem Jackson has definitely played better than McCain.

Pollard has been really, really bad in coverage this year. But it isn't just Pollard, our safeties have been blowing coverages all season. You can see the body language of the corners and linebackers sometimes after a touchdown or a long gain, that the safety just wasn't there.

We need a FS with range. One that can play deep middle and still make plays along the sidelines. We have never had that and Pollard's effectiveness is limited due to our lack of that type of FS. It seems so obvious to me. Our D Coordinator seems to call plays knowing that our safeties can't be trusted, it's one of the reasons we play our corners off so far.

Signed,

Texans fans, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

HTown2ATX
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I like him in man coverage with safety help over the top a lot at this point.

:backsout:

hradhak
10-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I made a point of watching KJ during the game yesterday. I didn't see every play, but I saw a lot. There are certain things he does well and certain things he really needs help with

Pros
1) He has the athletic ability to stay with some very good receivers
2) He is better on bump and run than I initially thought
3) There were several plays he was step for step with his receiver downfield
4) On tight coverage, he is almost always able to immediately tackle the receiver he is covering
Cons
1) He doesn't do well with a larger cushion. He waits too long to run with his receiver downfield (I assume to cut off a middle route)
2) He has issues with turning his head to look at the ball when the ball is thrown his away. This seems to be a consistent problem with all Texans secondary players.
3) He doesn't make plays on the ball when he is in zone. I think he is trying to avoid getting burned.
4) He doesn't hide well the fact that we are in zone. See #3.

I don't think anything above is unfixable. He has the talent, but it remains to be seen whether his work ethic will get him to be where he needs to be.
Fans pick on him because he is the #1 draft pick, but it's hard to play with no safety help whatsoever. He can't be too aggressive on the attack when he knows that the FS can't tackle the receiver if he is going after the ball.

TexansSeminole
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Not sure that was the same play, but, yeah, it could've been McCain. Did they call a zone blitz on the 12 yard line? You use freaking zone coverage on the 12 yard line? A blitz, maybe, but not zone....God. I just don't get it.

If it's the same play I am thinking of it was McCain, but Pollard bit on a move the receiver made to the pylon and the receiver ended up where Pollard used to be for an easy score. I don't think it was a zone blitz.

devo-x
10-11-2010, 07:05 PM
How did Nolan perform yesterday at FS?

vtech9
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Honestly, I found more wrong with the schemes the DC kept putting the DB's into. When the Texans would get their opponents into 3rd and long situations, the DC would put them into a zone, with a 4 man rush, and the WR's would just find the weak spot in the zone for an easy first down.

I don't think any of our CB's are as bad as everyone keeps saying. I think it's more of a coaching issue.

vtech9
10-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I heard what you did but disagreed with them. The problem was not the cushion it was WR racing by them DESPITE the cushion. I don't remember too many plays where Manning was hitting the WR with 2-3 yards of the LOS anf then the WR took off. The CBs looked slightly better in second half because in playing man, they were not trying to bump the WR. When you whiff it takes 2-3 seconds to recover. If you guys will read my thread posted right after the draft when I said Smithiak got it wrong selecting KJ, we are seeing just what I predicted.

On most of those plays that I saw, the DB's were in a zone defense. The CB let the WR go by because he was supposed to have help over the top, and had his designated zone to cover. The Safeties were not getting over there in time. Even when there was help over the top, the WR's would just find the soft spot in the zone and sit there and wait for the pass.

The Texans are trying to play a bend but don't break defense because of the youth, but the problem is that they are bending all the way down the field. With those schemes, they are making it too easy for there opponents QB to pick them apart. This also shows a complete lack of faith in your secondary.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 08:21 PM

I don't think its scheme at all. The real problem seems to be that our db's struggle with big wr's. In the 2 games we've lost, our tiny db's have gotten owned by the bigger stronger WR's of the opposition. we're too small to try to jam them at the LOS & a tad bit too slow to cover the small, shiftier wr's. The lack of a pass rush exacerbates the problem imo.

People were all over bush for playing too much man & getting KJ burnt up in the Dallas game b/c they were getting pushed around too much. Then he backs them off in this game showing that he has adjusted & learned from the Dallas debacle & now people are complaining about the cushion he gave the WR's. we just don't have enough talent at the right spots imo.

Texan_Bill
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM

- it's the LB
- it's the corners
- it's the safeties..

- it's silvrhand!!! :thisbig:

vtech9
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't think its scheme at all. The real problem seems to be that our db's struggle with big wr's. In the 2 games we've lost, our tiny db's have gotten owned by the bigger stronger WR's of the opposition. we're too small to try to jam them at the LOS & a tad bit too slow to cover the small, shiftier wr's. The lack of a pass rush exacerbates the problem imo.

People were all over bush for playing too much man & getting KJ burnt up in the Dallas game b/c they were getting pushed around too much. Then he backs them off in this game showing that he has adjusted & learned from the Dallas debacle & now people are complaining about the cushion he gave the WR's. we just don't have enough talent at the right spots imo.

I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall a lot of zone play with the WR's settling into the open areas. I also remember very little in the way of blitzes.

silvrhand
10-12-2010, 08:05 AM
- it's silvrhand!!! :thisbig:

glad to see you too BILL! :)

Mr teX
10-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall a lot of zone play with the WR's settling into the open areas. I also remember very little in the way of blitzes.

Bush mixed both man & zone in at times but i'm referring more to the two TD's KJ got burned on as it appeared they were in man. The 1st KJ just got shook @ the LOS trying to jam & the 2nd, he fell down, or rather williams tossed him aside & got him off balance after he attempted to jam Williams @ the LOS. they could've been in zone but he was beaten so badly i couldn't tell b/c the ball was in the air instantaneously.

HJam72
10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
I don't think KJ should be trying to jam. He just needs to play cover.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Yep, there were a couple backside shoulder fade throws that I wish Matt could make.. But there are some mistakes he is making, he fell down again and I can't help but wonder what's causing that bad footwork, just plain bad luck?

Those back shoulder throws are difficult for anyone to defend. I'm with you, doesn't make sense that we don't use that in our offense.

He fell down again.. on that play, he was looking into the backfield, & saw Manning set up to throw. He squared up & faced the receiver, thinking he was going to stop & turn. That didn't happen, the receiver continued to run by him. Rookie mistake if you ask me.

I don't think the guy is playing great. I also don't think he is playing as poorly as we've been saying. He is playing about as well as most of have been saying he would.

I'd like to know what the passing stats were for the second half of the game. When our offense was able to spell our defense for at least a little while.

Another thing. These big passing yards aren't all on Kj..... Hakeem Nicks' numbers weren't all on Kj. This isn't a rookie CB problem, it's poor team defense. LBs & Safeties need to step it up.

I'm not saying it's ok for the rookie to make mistakes ( suck if you prefer that terminology), but as been said several times....... we knew that going in.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 09:28 AM

I think that's an NFL thing. No matter who you watch, the corners will line up off the receivers sometimes, & line up on the receiver some times. Defenses play zone sometimes, defenses play man sometimes. That's the way it is. So we'll never get completely away from any of it.

Namdi Asomugha will line up in press coverage most of the time, because that is what he is good at. But he'll play off the line at times as well. Sometimes 10 yards depending on the situation.

That's football.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I was pretty harsh on KJ the first 4 weeks of the season. Bringing back to life the KJ is > than Dunta thread more than a couple of times. And he didnt look much better this week even with his pick.

But to call him a bust is a bit immature. This entire defense looks like a bust. And if you cant see that our "scheme" is seriously flawed then I dont know what to tell you.

I was very critical of the organizations decision to let Dunta go, and put KJ out there as the #1 corner. I always though you put your rookie CB as the 2nd corner, or even nickel corner and let him work his way up. Build some confidence. Get him some better matchups. But they decided to put him on their #1 and ROY WILLIAMS and Hakeem Nicks have bigtime games.

And why did we let Reeves go? He wasnt that bad, and would have given us some vet leadership in the cornerback position.

The Cowboys #1 receiver is Miles Austin.

The Giants #1 receiver is Steve Smith.

thunderkyss
10-12-2010, 09:46 AM

How bad does Molden have to be, to not be able to make it on the field? Even when we went Dime, they sent McManis out there. I'd like to see more McManis, & some Molden especially on the bigger (Roy Williams) receivers. I think McCain will be a good corner as well one day, but right now he is having a hard time adjusting & his size isn't helping him any.

But it's not just the Safeties, it's the LBs too. Every play, they're back peddling 5 yards. That first catch by Nicks, where he ran under Pollard bumping the Slot receiver. The LBs were past the first down marker. I understand sending one of them back their, or even two of them. But all three of them dropped back. So Nicks then ran under Pollard again, creating more seperation between him & Kj......

Eugene Wilson was not this bad last season.... I don't know if I even saw Nolan out there in the first half, he just disappeared.

QFT

Blake
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM
The Cowboys #1 receiver is Miles Austin.

The Giants #1 receiver is Steve Smith.

Ill give you Austin. But Steve Smith is not their #1 this year. Nicks has been playing like the #1 since end of last year and all this year.

badboy
10-12-2010, 09:57 AM

We need a FS with range. One that can play deep middle and still make plays along the sidelines. We have never had that and Pollard's effectiveness is limited due to our lack of that type of FS. It seems so obvious to me. Our D Coordinator seems to call plays knowing that our safeties can't be trusted, it's one of the reasons we play our corners off so far.Well you and Rey (post #73) must have been looking at different games as he said many plays were WR getting ball with 7-13 yards. You don't need a safety backing that up unless your corner isn't expected to be able to tackle the guy. No one is saying KJ can't hit or tackle, he just can't defend a longer pass. I agree a good FS is needed for KJ just not so much so against the Giants.

76Texan
10-12-2010, 10:32 AM

I had gone back and checked all the defensive alignments in the Cowboys game.
IMHO, the scheme put the players in bad positions; ie. not allowing them to make plays.
We were playing too passively.

Basically, when we set up in two-deep, they would run the ball.
And when we started cheating Pollard up or play single safety (then drop back into a 3-deep cover at times), they would pass the ball.

The exceptions were:
1. toward the end of the first half where we played soft zone in prevent mode; Romo simply found the seam in the zone no matter what since our zone drops were terrible.
2. toward the end of the game when they ran the ball to kill the clock no matter what defensive alignment we were in.

Our D-scheme was plain and vanilla with hardly any disguise.
It made Romo's job too easy since he didn't have to think.
(along with the whole Dallas offense)

It was totally different in the Colts game.
In that game, we varied our alignments big-time; even Peyton didn't have time to get his team to adjust on several occasions.

I've always said that we play very poorly in zone.
You watch the other teams play zone and compare them to our D.
So far, most of them have been playing better (probably all of them).
At the very least, they play zone with better discipline than the Texans do.

Mr teX
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
When guys are getting open as fast as the dallas wrs were, especially on the 2 TDs KJ got burned on, your scheme doesn't matter. As db's these guys are expected to cover up their man for at least a few seconds......that hasn't been happening & short of a kitchen sink blitz or someone on the d-line blowing up a play that's a recipe for disaster for any team & scheme they run.

76Texan
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
When guys are getting open as fast as the dallas wrs were, especially on the 2 TDs KJ got burned on, your scheme doesn't matter. As db's these guys are expected to cover up their man for at least a few seconds......that hasn't been happening & short of a kitchen sink blitz or someone on the d-line blowing up a play that's a recipe for disaster for any team & scheme they run.

I have to disagree.

1. One TD pass was on McCain and Wilson
The second one was on Jackson and Wilson.

2. The scheme did matter in several occasions, especially those.
I will come back to them.

76Texan
10-12-2010, 11:27 AM
1:40 to play in the third.
1-10 @ TXN 15

Cowboys in straight-I, 3 wides.

Texans in base 3-4 (Nading and Mario as OLBs)
Jackson and Pollard on our right.
McCain on our left.
We had Wilson as the lone safety, shading to the side with two receivers.
This signaled to Romo that McCain was in one-on-one against R. Williams.
Our 2 ILBs were assigned to the FB and RB.
We rushed 5.

This scheme left McCain against a big receiver.
Sure, Romo's pass left his hand under two seconds (no pressure to speak of.)
Exactly why Wilson did not have enough time to come over for help.

Basically, Kubiak said McCain was responsible vertically.
And that was why I dislike this D-call.
You have a safety like Wilson who does not have great range and you shade him over to the other side.
That means you practically shout out to Romo, hey I'm going to let my smallest DB cover your big receiver one-on-one. Bite me.
I don't profess to know the Xs and Os, but the D-call doesn't seem to sound (high risk, no reward.)

In this case, one scenario I would have preferred was for Mario (our LOLB) to follow the FB, our RILB (Adibi) to follow the RB, and our LILB (Ryans) to drop back quickly to take away the inside route (when Romo sees this, he definitely has to hesitate.)
This was basically what happened, except for Ryans who didn't do anything to help with the play due to the call (???) - (Playing the run)

76Texan
10-12-2010, 11:47 AM
In this case, one scenario I would have preferred was for Mario (our LOLB) to follow the FB, our RILB (Adibi) to follow the RB, and our LILB (Ryans) to drop back quickly to take away the inside route (when Romo sees this, he definitely has to hesitate.)
This was basically what happened, except for Ryans who didn't do anything to help with the play due to the call (???) - (Playing the run)

We could also had Adibi drop back quickly in the middle to help Pollard and Jackson.

Demeco could go straight into the backfield soon as he see that both of their backs stay back to block Mario.

McCain could switch his technique quickly to the shuffle to make sure he takes away the outside.

Wilson could head straight toward Williams (instead of taking one step forward first.) He could also cheat a little bit.

Again, this is just my 2 cents.

Mr teX
10-12-2010, 12:20 PM
1:40 to play in the third.
1-10 @ TXN 15

Cowboys in straight-I, 3 wides.

Texans in base 3-4 (Nading and Mario as OLBs)
Jackson and Pollard on our right.
McCain on our left.
We had Wilson as the lone safety, shading to the side with two receivers.
This signaled to Romo that McCain was in one-on-one against R. Williams.
Our 2 ILBs were assigned to the FB and RB.
We rushed 5.

This scheme left McCain against a big receiver.
Sure, Romo's pass left his hand under two seconds (no pressure to speak of.)
Exactly why Wilson did not have enough time to come over for help.

Basically, Kubiak said McCain was responsible vertically.
And that was why I dislike this D-call.
You have a safety like Wilson who does not have great range and you shade him over to the other side.
That means you practically shout out to Romo, hey I'm going to let my smallest DB cover your big receiver one-on-one. Bite me.
I don't profess to know the Xs and Os, but the D-call doesn't seem to sound (high risk, no reward.)

I can see your point, but the overriding thing you're not understanding is that all of Dallas' WR's are big strong guys & all of our db's are on the small side. that was the case across the board for our db's and their wr's..didn't really matter if it was mccain, jackson or quinn on Austin, Bryant or Williams.

& wilson did what he was supposed to..he shaded to the side that posed the biggest danger. Whether wilson plays deep middle or not all those guys have to at least make it so that Romo at least questions whether he wants to throw it their way or not. But when you have the type of athletic guys out there like they do up against a young bunch of cb's with a FS & SS with very little range, why not throw it up & see who's got the best athlete? I think it was fairly apparent who had the best athletes out there. It's pretty much what any qb does when they've got guys like Moss, Johnson & Fitzgerald.

76Texan
10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
The other TD.

10:02 to play in the 4th.
2-10 @ DAL 38

In this play here, unfortunately, Jackson fell down (still no excuse).

But the problem I had with the scheme was that Wilson again was the lone safety.
(maybe not so much the scheme, but the execution).

There was nobody threatening that he (Wilson) needed to be concerned with except for R.Williams.
But he was fooled by a releasing lineman (looks like Wilson read run or screen pass) so he took a couple of steps forward instead of making sure he can help Jackson guarding the deep route first.
Then he pulled up with a hammy or something.
A little better play from Wilson (or an injured-free WIlson) could have prevented that TD .

Also, if we wanted to be active/attacking instead of passive with the D, we could drop Diles into the passing lane.
(Jackson plays take away the outside; Wilson plays prevent deep inside. Diles can jump the route.)
It was 2nd and 10, we can afford to give up a short run or a screen pass in search of an INT, I would think.

As it was, even with Jackson falling down, he did force Williams to turn to the inside more than I think he wanted to.
If you put the play in slow motion, you can see that a better Wilson would be in great position to deliver a big blow squarely in the receiver's chest if he chose to do so trying to jar the ball loose (with Jackson recovering and coming back for clean-up duty.)

76Texan
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I can see your point, but the overriding thing you're not understanding is that all of Dallas' WR's are big strong guys & all of our db's are on the small side. that was the case across the board for our db's and their wr's..didn't really matter if it was mccain, jackson or quinn on Austin, Bryant or Williams.

& wilson did what he was supposed to..he shaded to the side that posed the biggest danger. Whether wilson plays deep middle or not all those guys have to at least make it so that Romo at least questions whether he wants to throw it their way or not. But when you have the type of athletic guys out there like they do up against a young bunch of cb's with a FS & SS with very little range, why not throw it up & see who's got the best athlete? I think it was fairly apparent who had the best athletes out there. It's pretty much what any qb does when they've got guys like Moss, Johnson & Fitzgerald.But that is exactly why I did not like our D-scheme.
We've been playing right into the opponents' hands!

HJam72
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Barring a hammy injury or something, I just don't understand any FS who ever lets any receiver get behind him. That is your #1 job by far. You are a freaking FS for crying out loud. I can understand the SS making that mistake sometimes (although Pollard is excessive about it), but not a FS.

Mr teX
10-12-2010, 01:42 PM
But that is exactly why I did not like our D-scheme.
We've been playing right into the opponents' hands!

Basically what i'm saying is we were damned either way. There is no defensive scheme that can hide the humongous hole we have in our secondary. The guys just have to get better back there, period.

avb
10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
One thing our cb's never do is make a play on the ball. If they would try to hit the receiver or swipe at the receiver's arms as he makes the catch they might be able to force some incompletions.

Mr teX
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
One thing our cb's never do is make a play on the ball. If they would try to hit the receiver or swipe at the receiver's arms as he makes the catch they might be able to force some incompletions.

they try, its just most of the time they're not close enough to make a play. They're just overcompensating for having been burned on numerous occasions.