PDA

View Full Version : Dorin Dickerson active for Giants

beerlover
10-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Houston Texans WR Dorin Dickerson could be active for Week 5 because of the injuries to WRs Andre Johnson (ankle) and Jacoby Jones (calf), according to CBSSports.com.

2010-10-09 08:19:42 | Source: CBSSports.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=675213-texans-dorin-dickerson-could-be-active-for-week-5#ixzz11shaWxqL

If he does may I suggest his first play call be the end around reverse they ran for him in the preseason. that should help jumpstart his system & settle down his nerves, he has the playmaking ability to become the Texans #3 WR fairly quickly depending how well he adjusts. I hope he gets his shot, Schaub could use another physical option.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
If he does may I suggest his first play call be the end around reverse they ran for him in the preseason. that should help jumpstart his system & settle down his nerves, he has the playmaking ability to become the Texans #3 WR fairly quickly depending how well he adjusts. I hope he gets his shot, Schaub could use another physical option.

With his size and 4.4 speed, he could remain at his old TE position and present a mismatch nightmare to the Giants' pitiful linebacker corps.

The Pencil Neck
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM

He's been active. He was active last week and played ST.

When Jacoby went down, I was hoping for him to see his first action. I would love for him to get in there and have a big game.

thunderkyss
10-09-2010, 01:58 PM
With his size and 4.4 speed, he could remain at his old TE position and present a mismatch nightmare to the Giants' pitiful linebacker corps.

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why we don't see more of James Casey being flexed out of a three TE set.

Rey
10-09-2010, 02:45 PM
He's been active. He was active last week and played ST.

When Jacoby went down, I was hoping for him to see his first action. I would love for him to get in there and have a big game.

I have been confused about this...

I've heard several people say he didn't play on the message board, but everything I've heard on the radio and from the team seems to suggest that he got a few snaps...

ObsiWan
10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
The last time we saw Dickerson for any extended time he made some really sick catches but dropped some seemingly routine ones. I wonder if he's still inconsistent in practice...? That would be my guess as to why he's not seeing more game time on offense.

beerlover
10-09-2010, 03:09 PM
while I understand coaches reluctance based off practice results to insert Dorin (offensive reps) simplify his sets, like I stated get him the ball in some running plays early allowing him to get into the flow of the game before going downfield. with Jacoby out & Andre limited Walter & Anderson will be keyed upon while the Giants DL will focus on stopping the run inside. Texans need to press the edge, Dorin adds another dimension just needs to be reminded of maintaining ball security.

GuerillaBlack
10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Dorin Dickerson's coming out party. Watch.

The Pencil Neck
10-09-2010, 03:16 PM

I've heard several people say he didn't play on the message board, but everything I've heard on the radio and from the team seems to suggest that he got a few snaps...

Hmmm... I only saw him on ST.

I'll go back through the game real quick and see.

ObsiWan
10-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Another reason might be that he hasn't totally absorbed the offense yet. I mean, the kid was a TE.

Does he have the WR route tree down? On option patterns that require the WR to read the DBs, has he learned how to do that yet and will he see the same thing that Schaub sees?

Maybe if he stayed in A.J.'s back pocket like J.J. (finally) did this past T/C he'd be further along.

The Pencil Neck
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM

He got 1 snap at 1:18 in the 2nd quarter.

That was a third down play. Matt went back to throw, looked for something but didn't see it, drifted back looking a little jittery and then threw the ball away. He may have been looking in Dorin's direction.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Even though he ran a 4.40, in college, he was never known as someone with up the seam breakaway speed........which may go against the thinking that he can truly sub the loss of JJ or AJ.

Big Lou
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why we don't see more of James Casey being flexed out of a three TE set.

I still prefer my 5 TE Set. Obviousey two of the TE's line up in WR spots, but talk about some mismatchs.

Probably wouldn0t' work but it woldbe fun to try if we blow an opponent out sometime this year.

Talk about mismatches!!! You could even put Casey in the back field and run it in some cases.

Big Lou
10-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Dorin is the next Arian "Arianstotle" Foster!

hot pickle
10-09-2010, 04:27 PM
i love me some dorin dickerson!!!!

in madden..... ive played 3 seasons and dorin is at a 87 overall rating! and he is a beastt!!!!!!!! lol but that is madden and this is real life lol

should i take a shot in the dark and pick him up in FF and play him this week? lol

Rey
10-09-2010, 05:13 PM
He got 1 snap at 1:18 in the 2nd quarter.

That was a third down play. Matt went back to throw, looked for something but didn't see it, drifted back looking a little jittery and then threw the ball away. He may have been looking in Dorin's direction.

Ok...

That sounds right...I thought I saw him in there for at least a play but everyone here was saying he didn't get any snaps...Then I heard them saying he was in on the radio and I think Jacoby had mentioned him getting a snap on the Bernard Pollard show...

But thanks for clearing that up.

Rey
10-09-2010, 05:13 PM
i love me some dorin dickerson!!!!

in madden..... ive played 3 seasons and dorin is at a 87 overall rating! and he is a beastt!!!!!!!! lol but that is madden and this is real life lol

should i take a shot in the dark and pick him up in FF and play him this week? lol

Even as a rookie, he is pretty good despite his overall rating...big target, good hands and he's got good speed...

Wolf6151
10-09-2010, 05:46 PM

Lets hope so. If he can earn some playing time, continue to develop, and play well then he could give the team some leverage in the contract negotiations with JJ.

thunderkyss
10-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm hoping JJ & KDub break open 100+ yard games.

drs23
10-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm hoping JJ & KDub break open 100+ yard games.

That'd be cool if Jacoby was playing. Don't think he is. He didn't see the practice field all week.

dream_team
10-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Ok...

That sounds right...I thought I saw him in there for at least a play but everyone here was saying he didn't get any snaps...Then I heard them saying he was in on the radio and I think Jacoby had mentioned him getting a snap on the Bernard Pollard show...

But thanks for clearing that up.

Yup. I confirm. I was at the game. Jacoby came hobbling off the field, which grabbed my attention. There was some hesitation on the side line, then you see Dorin run in putting on his helmet. I was anxious to see what he would do, but he didn't last too long on the field.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Even though he ran a 4.40, in college, he was never known as someone with up the seam breakaway speed........which may go against the thinking that he can truly sub the loss of JJ or AJ.

But you may need to consider Dorin's weight (lost some weight) now that he plays WR position instead of TE position. So, he may be a little be faster than his college days. We will see when he gets more reps in an actual game.

Go Texans!!!