PDA

View Full Version : Tapoafom?

Malloy
10-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Ok, I'm running a fever, so bear with me :)

People have been tossing around nicknames for our D for a while now, and while taking a bath (sick, fever) I came up with an idea.

What about calling the D 'The Mothership', a reference to George B. Clintons 'T.A.P.O.A.F.O.M. album (The Awesome Power Of A Fully Operational Mothership), and then play the first track on the record 'If anybody gets funked up (it's gonna be you)' when the team gets on the field?

(In case you do not know this awesome song, check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RRbCnSl-aE)
And really y'all, he's saying 'funked' :)

Marcus
10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok, I'm running a fever . . .

Must be 104 and above. Get to a doctor . . . fast!

Blake
10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Not sure about the Mothership thing. Not sure what that reference is about! Cant watch youtube right now.

If the Texans ever stopped giving up yards through the air like it was candy, I would suggest

Smash Company

Battering Ram (cause the bull)

Gore Gang (another bull ref.)

texanhead08
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
When we get a defense in the top 10 we will make up a nickname until then lets not mess with any negative karma.

TimeKiller
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
How bout

Mario & Meco's Swirling, Twirling Imaginary Defense Act?

/nickname threads

Rey
10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I call them the defenseless secondary. So many meanings all wrapped into one.

Goatcheese
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Mario and the Peteys.

Goldensilence
10-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Isn't one of the pre-reqs for a nickname to have a really good defense?

Gotta check that one off first before anything else.

Beer and Metal
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Last year, I called it the "panty hose defense" - looks like it's covered but there's runs everywhere.

This year, it's the "dirty linen defense" - everyone will be airing it out.

Hardcore Texan
10-08-2010, 12:35 PM

People have been tossing around nicknames for our D for a while now, and while taking a bath (sick, fever) I came up with an idea.

What about calling the D 'The Mothership', a reference to George B. Clintons 'T.A.P.O.A.F.O.M. album (The Awesome Power Of A Fully Operational Mothership), and then play the first track on the record 'If anybody gets funked up (it's gonna be you)' when the team gets on the field?

(In case you do not know this awesome song, check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RRbCnSl-aE)

Et tu Malloy?

Thorn
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Last year, I called it the "panty hose defense" - looks like it's covered but there's runs everywhere.

This year, it's the "dirty linen defense" - everyone will be airing it out.

:lol:

Now that funny!! + rep.

ObsiWan
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM

change your meds, please.
it's affecting your post quality
:D

Big Lou
10-09-2010, 03:17 PM
:cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket: