PDA

View Full Version : Jags vs Titans on MNF - Do I go?

Hookem Horns
10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I just realized the other day that I am going to be not too far from Jacksonville the week of that game staying with my sister. My brother in law (who is an Eagles fan) said he would be on board with going up there for the game. So I made a call to a Titans fan I know in Nashville that often makes road trips and sure enough, her and her gang are going to be there and we could hook up with them for pregame festivities.

I went to the Jags site and there are tons of real good seats available via ticketmaster (I have never seen that in an NFL city less than 2 weeks before a game, especially MNF - that team will be in LA soon).

It's two division rivals and the game will have meaning for the Texans. I also enjoy watching the Titans because I love to root against them. Of course I will be pulling for the home team Jags in this game.

So do I pull the trigger and go? If so do I go incognito or do I represent the Texans? What would you do in my position?

The Pencil Neck
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Personally, I'd probably go if I was going to be in the area.

I'd disguise my real allegiances, though.

And maybe wear shades.

And a false nose.

brakos82
10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Personally, I'd probably go if I was going to be in the area.

I'd disguise my real allegiances, though.

And maybe wear shades.

And a false nose.

Just wear a 'Horns shirt or something, it'll work.

Hookem Horns
10-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Just wear a 'Horns shirt or something, it'll work.

Horns shirt to a Titans game? :thinking:

Not sure if I want people thinking I am a VY worshipper.

houstonspartan
10-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Go. It's important to represent on the road. I went to a road game once and it was fun. Wear your Texans gear proudly. Who cares if you get teased? Titans and Jags fans don't care about wearing their gear at Reliant.

Our team has grown some balls this year.
It's time for the fans to do the same.

Go and represent your team.

Blake
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Jax got a MNF game? WTF

Khari
10-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Jax got a MNF game? WTF

SF has 2 of them......WTF2

Texan_Bill
10-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I went to the Jags site and there are tons of real good seats available via ticketmaster (I have never seen that in an NFL city less than 2 weeks before a game, especially MNF - that team will be in LA soon).

Yeah, I don't figure getting tickets would be much of an issue. :D

scourge
10-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I just realized the other day that I am going to be not too far from Jacksonville the week of that game staying with my sister. My brother in law (who is an Eagles fan) said he would be on board with going up there for the game. So I made a call to a Titans fan I know in Nashville that often makes road trips and sure enough, her and her gang are going to be there and we could hook up with them for pregame festivities.

It's two division rivals and the game will have meaning for the Texans. I also enjoy watching the Titans because I love to root against them. Of course I will be pulling for the home team Jags in this game.

So do I pull the trigger and go? If so do I go incognito or do I represent the Texans? What would you do in my position?

I say go. Wear the Texans jersey proudly and root for the Titans to lose horribly.

Chances are that you'll end up on tv at some point since there will probably be about 2,000 in attendance.

Hookem Horns
10-07-2010, 12:38 AM
I am in. Picked up 3 tickets tonight off of Ticketmaster, section 437 about on the 40 yard line. It's the upper deck however the stadium is small and I am guessing it is equivelent to sitting in upper 300 level at Reliant.

I wasn't thinking earlier since I should have planned this trip when the Texans are there a couple of weeks later. This will be an easy road trip to make each season since my sister now lives close however sadly there is no way the Jags will be in Jax much longer.

If you want to see how sad it is there go here http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/220044E8977C31BC

Put in 2 tickets and see where you can be seating. This is a MNF game less than 2 weeks away for crying out loud. Of course you don't even need tix ahead of time since you can buy them at the gate.

So when is that stadium going to be completed in LA? I am just curious to how many seasons I have left to see the Texans in Jax.

houstonspartan
10-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I am in. Picked up 3 tickets tonight off of Ticketmaster, section 437 about on the 40 yard line. It's the upper deck however the stadium is small and I am guessing it is equivelent to sitting in upper 300 level at Reliant.

I wasn't thinking earlier since I should have planned this trip when the Texans are there a couple of weeks later. This will be an easy road trip to make each season since my sister now lives close however sadly there is no way the Jags will be in Jax much longer.

If you want to see how sad it is there go here http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/220044E8977C31BC

Put in 2 tickets and see where you can be seating. This is a MNF game less than 2 weeks away. Of course you don't even need tix ahead of time since you can buy them at the gate.

So when is that stadium going to be completed in LA? I am just curious to how many seasons I have left to see the Texans in Jax.

Wow. It's amazing how many good seats are available. Texans prime tickets are snapped up immediately, usually the second they are available, about six months before the actual game.

I have never lost a football team before, but I feel really sorry for Jax die hards. They are going to lose their team.

Hookem Horns
10-07-2010, 12:49 AM
I have never lost a football team before, but I feel really sorry for Jax die hards. They are going to lose their team.

You are in the minority here. Were you not an Oilers fan or are you real young?

GuerillaBlack
10-07-2010, 12:56 AM
SF has 2 of them......WTF2

San Fran is also the Sunday Night game this week (against Philly). Doesn't make sense.

Showtime100
10-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Any decision on attire? I'm with you. I once went to a Cubs-Mets game and just wanted to go and not have the bs that goes with an Astros shirt. So WEAR THE DAMN TEXANS SHIRT ANYWAY...lol.

Hope you have a good time. Take a cell in case the board freezes....:hides: :D

houstonspartan
10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
You are in the minority here. Were you not an Oilers fan or are you real young?

I don't consider 38 real young.

I have only lived in Houston 9 years, so I never had the Oilers to lose.

HOU-TEX
10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Jags vs Titans on MNF = Snorer

Texan_Bill
10-07-2010, 10:30 AM

Put in 2 tickets and see where you can be seating. This is a MNF game less than 2 weeks away for crying out loud. Of course you don't even need tix ahead of time since you can buy them at the gate.

That was sad. I checked out looking for 6 seats together, once using the cheapest ticket price available and once not using a price restriction at all. Both times, 6 seats came up - all together. The price restricted tickets were in the second level and the one without a price came up field lever around the 40 yard line..

Oh, BTW Hookem, the stadium itself is pretty big. Remember, they put 80,000 in there for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. I went to a game there several years ago (pre-tarp days) against Miami. They actually filled it up pretty well back then.

Hookem Horns
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Of course I will be wearing something representing the Texans. That's half the fun. Probably a cap and my polo coaches shirt.

Gotcha houstonspartan.

The game could be a snorer however I always have a strong rooting interest when the Titans are playing. Also I plan on meeting some Titans fans that I know from Nashville for a tailgate.

axman40
10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Wear a plastic bag to blend in with the tarp over the empty seats.
:)

Hookem Horns
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh, BTW Hookem, the stadium itself is pretty big. Remember, they put 80,000 in there for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. I went to a game there several years ago (pre-tarp days) against Miami. They actually filled it up pretty well back then.

We are in row H in section 437 which looks about to be the 40 yard line, upper level.

Using the 3D seating chart and looking at photos that upper level doesn't look that high up. Is it? At Reliant the mid 500 level is perfect for me however when you get into the upper 600 and 700 that's too high up. I am just trying to compare the seats there to Reliant.

It sounds like if I have bad seats I can problably just go find some empty seats in the lowers.

mootini
10-07-2010, 01:31 PM
My season tickets are section 440...the stadium view from "San Squinton" is really good....I've sat in almost every section and I love being up top..perfect view. You get to see every play and reminds me of a Madden type view. I sat in Section 443 last 3 seasons...I'm always two sections from the upper tarps. Here is you view from 437 http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/jacksonville_jaguars/sec_437_2.html

Here's mine.....http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/jacksonville_jaguars/sec_440_3.html 440 BB 16,17,18,19

The stadium is one of the better open air fields in the NFL. Have a blast in Jax and have a great time. The MNF game will be loud and sold out, so get your tickets soon. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9347

You should be a man and wear your Texan gear. I'm interested in whom you want to win this game? My 4 season tickets were only $900 bucks, altogether! The cheapest I've ever paid:splits:

We are in row H in section 437 which looks about to be the 40 yard line, upper level.

Using the 3D seating chart and looking at photos that upper level doesn't look that high up. Is it? At Reliant the mid 500 level is perfect for me however when you get into the upper 600 and 700 that's too high up. I am just trying to compare the seats there to Reliant.

It sounds like if I have bad seats I can problably just go find some empty seats in the lowers.

Hookem Horns
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
My season tickets are section 440...the stadium view from "San Squinton" is really good....I've sat in almost every section and I love being up top..perfect view. You get to see every play and reminds me of a Madden type view. I sat in Section 443 last 3 seasons...I'm always two sections from the upper tarps. Here is you view from 437 http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/jacksonville_jaguars/sec_437_2.html

Here's mine.....http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/jacksonville_jaguars/sec_440_3.html 440 BB 16,17,18,19

The stadium is one of the better open air fields in the NFL. Have a blast in Jax and have a great time. The MNF game will be loud and sold out, so get your tickets soon. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9347

You should be a man and wear your Texan gear. I'm interested in whom you want to win this game? My 4 season tickets were only $900 bucks, altogether! The cheapest I've ever paid:splits:

Cool, thanks mootini. It looks like the seats we have are pretty good. I will wear something Texans for sure. I would root for a team full of Al Queda members over the Titans if that answers your question. ;)

I will probably have questions about parking there and tailgating.

b0ng
10-08-2010, 07:56 AM
I'd pay money to see two of the best RBs in the league alongside horrortrain that is VY. Plus, divisional games can usually be very intense and exciting.
Also, wearing your Texans gear is a must. Maybe not your most prized articles of clothing, but ya gotta represent.

I will be rooting for Jacksonville in every game they aren't up against Houston. They are the least hateable team in the division.

mootini
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Cool, thanks mootini. It looks like the seats we have are pretty good. I will wear something Texans for sure. I would root for a team full of Al Queda members over the Titans if that answers your question. ;)

I will probably have questions about parking there and tailgating.

Hookem,
No problem, I'll give you the skinny for parking tailgating...I tailgate on the Tallyrand side/eastside of the stadium...where your seats are located, on the eastside. I pay $20 bucks to park and only 2 blocks from the stadium...easy in and out. The stadium is very user friendly. From our upper seats, there is a nice catwalk around to the Bud Zone/Southern End Zone...again easy to move around. No problem if you wear a Texans Uni/hat..ect...You might get one or two drunks verbals, but it's safe. I have a friend that bought into my seasson tickets, who is a huge Viking fan..so he wears either a # 4 or # 28 to each game.
You'll have a great time, Jax on MNF is always fun. I can give you more details where we tailgate/park, if you need it. Parking is usually $20-$30 bucks....the traffic in/out is not bad at all. Also, before the game, they open up the Bud Zone/southern end zone, I think 2/3 hours before the game, and have $2.00 beers. They have all the Pepsi punt/kick/pass stuff too at the Southern end zone. I'll post you more, the closer to game time.

PS the Titans would be the last team, I'd ever root for!!!!:cow::cow::cow:

JCTexan
10-08-2010, 01:33 PM
San Fran is also the Sunday Night game this week (against Philly). Doesn't make sense.

It makes sense because everybody was picking them to win their division in the off-season. Having St Louis, Seattle & Arizona (after losing Warner), that has to be the weakest division in the NFL. People (including myself) were expecting San Francisco to easily win that division.

False Start
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I would go, and cheer every time each team messes up. :fans:

mootini
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Hookem....here is the skinny for the pre game stuff around the stadium. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9371

Big game Monday....can't wait...a serious buzz is going on around here.

mootini
10-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Hookem get ready to sing!... the fans get to sing the National Anthem...We did this vs Broncos game..was very cool.

Hookem Horns
10-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks a million Mootini. I have been in Florida all week and we will be heading up there here in a few. I will be sporting my Mario Williams blue Texans jersey. We will probably go to that Teal Town thing. If you see a guy wearing a Mario 90 jersey it is probably me, I doubt there will be others there.

Hookem....here is the skinny for the pre game stuff around the stadium. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9371

Big game Monday....can't wait...a serious buzz is going on around here.

mootini
10-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I'll be in my teal long sleve Jags shirt and teal Jag hat. I'll look for ya...Have a great time in Jax..this game is going fun/exciting. Big win for Texans yesterday, Chief's are tuff this year..Jags got them next at their cribb.

Thanks a million Mootini. I have been in Florida all week and we will be heading up there here in a few. I will be sporting my Mario Williams blue Texans jersey. We will probably go to that Teal Town thing. If you see a guy wearing a Mario 90 jersey it is probably me, I doubt there will be others there.

mootini
10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I hope the Jags stomp them, but I don't trust Garrard. The game rests on the QB's. Go Jags......Titans 20, Jags 24

euro-Texan
10-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I got a couple of tickets for the MNF game tonight, which were surpisingly not hard to acquire. I usually only go to the Texans games in Jax. I would much rather sit and watch them in HD from my living room, but black-out rules keep this from happening. Anyway, Who should I root for tonight? I truely hate the Tacks, so that's the obvious choice, but does it really matter?

JB
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I got a couple of tickets for the MNF game tonight, which were surpisingly not hard to acquire. I usually only go to the Texans games in Jax. I would much rather sit and watch them in HD from my living room, but black-out rules keep this from happening. Anyway, Who should I root for tonight? I truely hate the Tacks, so that's the obvious choice, but does it really matter?

Ya gots to root against the Tacks... ya just gotta!

euro-Texan
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Ya gots to root against the Tacks... ya just gotta!

I ought to wear a Texans Jersey and just cheer every play

JB
10-18-2010, 03:06 PM

Hook-em will be wearing his Mario jersey. But at this point, it is more important for the tacks to lose than the jags.

Mainly 'cause I hate the tinnbreds more than I do Jax.

Showtime100
10-18-2010, 03:08 PM

I think Hook'em will be there wearing his blue Mario jersey, iirc. Look for each other. If anything starts with Texan fans from the expected crowd it will probably be a fair fight. :texflag:

euro-Texan
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm going too. I'll be wearing something Texans but rooting against the Tacks

euro-Texan
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
My wife and I go every year to the Texans Jags game in full Texans gear and have never had real problems other than verbals from drunks

euro-Texan
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I'll be in 412 bleeding from the nose

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
And so it begins

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Jags pass D looks as bad as ours

brakos82
10-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Jags pass D looks as bad as ours

And this is :hobie: we're talking about here.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I hope little Herc has a big day and breaks the Titans D

imatexan
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I hope the Jags win, of course I always want the titans to lose but I think we have a better chance sweeping the Jags than titans.

Wolf
10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
would have been cool if y'all could have dressed like the blue man group and sat among the tarps and we could have had a "where's waldo type of Texan Talk contest while the game was on "

http://dimbulb.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/2007/10/17/blue_man_group.jpg

:tease:
:joker:
:runaway:

NitroGSXR
10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
A Titans loss helps us here for right now.

How about a tie though.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
I like how the entire huddle is leaning down and forward but MJD is standing straight up

NitroGSXR
10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
I hope the Jags win, of course I always want the titans to lose but I think we have a better chance sweeping the Jags than titans.
A Jags win would knock us out of first place. I do not want to even temporarily lose our stronghold on that top slot.

brakos82
10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I like how the entire huddle is leaning down and forward but MJD is standing straight up

They make him look like a midget.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 07:58 PM
a gracious spot

brakos82
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM
And :hobie: has a boo-boo.

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
VY injured. He dorsiflexed his left foot. Could be an Achilles injury like Demeco, but only partial unlike Demeco.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
VY dropping balls?:hmmm:

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 08:08 PM
CJ2D gets eaten alive

CloakNNNdagger
It's hard to tell, but it looked like they were checking his knee and ankle.

thunderkyss
Ah he'll, Vince done lost his job again.

JB
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
walking with a brace now?

Mailman
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
What a drama queen.

Texan_Bill
10-18-2010, 08:10 PM

I thought he was a "catcher" of balls? :thinking:

Seriously though, as much as I say about VY :hobie: I wish no injury on anyone....

:user: except maybe if Bud Adams broke his hip..... Just sayin'!!

imatexan
10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
A Jags win would knock us out of first place. I do not want to even temporarily lose our stronghold on that top slot.

Ya but I am just looking at it in the long run, I think the titans will have a better season.

Also I think the Texans are going to go crazy on the Jags secondary so I am more worried about the titans.

Pollardized
10-18-2010, 08:14 PM

I hear Vince is capable of juggling many balls at once without ever missing a load... er, I mean beat.....

Wolf
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
it was just weird hearing Kerry Collins and Dan Fouts would be brought up in the same sentence

(Collins tied Fouts for all times completions)

but collins has been playing for a long time

CloakNNNdagger
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Shovel pass.

Texan_Bill
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
That was kinda a bullshit call!!!

JB
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Bad call there!!

imatexan
10-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Ya these pass interference calls are getting bad, I don't know what the solution is other than the refs just need to be trained to make the call better.

Pollardized
Horrible BS call.......

Texan_Bill

Bad call there!!

DUDE!! How old are you with your late trigger finger???? :choke:

:lol:

Horrible BS call.......

And you're younger than me!!

Advice to both of y'all, lose the "dial-up"!!! :lol:

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Haha, that basketball commercial was gold

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Was Jeff Fisher chasing someone on the sideline?

Edit (a few minutes later)
OMG these commentators talking about Collins coming in and just stroking it because of his experiance, there are so many homo references for the Tacks its scary

Pollardized
10-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Man I have great internet speed! I was trying to find a video of that stupid ref high fiving that ***** VY last year against us so I could show my son...

Who's drinking a beer right now?

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Looks like Babin has lost a revolution on his spin move.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Looks like Babin has lost a revolution on his spin move.

I like Babin, but I thought that too on that last play haha

J_R
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Poor tackling by Jacksonville. Looks like they were going for the strip

Ryan
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Jags are lookin more like the Jags today.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 08:38 PM
That team looks better with Collins running the show -sigh-

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
That interception by Griffin shows exactly why you would play your corners so far off the line. I know he is a safety, but it's the same principle. He is able to watch the QB and play the ball, not the receiver.

I don't know if you respect the a titans pass protection, but watch how their corners play, sometimes in press coverage, some times 10 yards off, even though the offense only needs 6 yards.

Texan_Bill
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Ya these pass interference calls are getting bad, I don't know what the solution is other than the refs just need to be trained to make the call better.

The hard part is this: years ago, the league made it a point to "shelter" the recievers in the attempt to "open up" the scoring. In the words of a line in 'Cool Hand Luke', "Well he wants it, he gets it!"

*Disclaimer, you have to be an old muther****er to remember that quote*

Pollardized
10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
The hard part is this: years ago, the league made it a point to "shelter" the recievers in the attempt to "open up" the scoring. In the words of a line in 'Cool Hand Luke', "Well he wants it, he gets it!"

*Disclaimer, you have to be an old muther****er to remember that quote*

And I don't like it anymore than you men!

Hookem Horns
10-18-2010, 09:03 PM
At the game sporting my Mario jersey. Love this place. This is a must for a Texans road trip each year. Now I am hoping they don't move to LA since my sister lives close to here. So far the game sux becuz I hatw the Titans.

Brando
10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Hopefully the Jags comeback and make this a game.

JB
10-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Hopefully the Jags comeback and make this a game.

That would be nice, but they are looking pretty bad right now.

But then again, we didn't look that good at half time yesterday.

edit: They better get MJD going if they want to have a chance...

Brando
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
That would be nice, but they are looking pretty bad right now.

But then again, we didn't look that good at half time yesterday.

edit: They better get MJD going if they want to have a chance...

Trent Edwards came in and looked good before the Lewis fumble that killed the drive.

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
.... Blowout

Brando
10-18-2010, 09:29 PM
The Edwards almost throws a int. Then he actually throws a int! :devilpig:

JB
10-18-2010, 09:30 PM
The Edwards almost throws a int. Then he actually throws a int! :devilpig:

No secret why he was released by Buffalo.

brakos82
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
No secret why he was released by Buffalo.

If you get released by Buffalo....

Buffalo.....

:cutthroat:

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Finnegan with his standard PI on a long pass play

JB
10-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Fake-ass irishman Burned agin'

JB
10-18-2010, 09:45 PM
I think we are seeing JDR's dying quail song...

in lieu of swan song.

Hookem Horns
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Omg. This stadium is empty. Can you say LA Jags?

THE NFL
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM

Its funny watching Texans fans make fun of another teams pass coverage, hell defense in general.

That huge 130 yards of passing the Jags have put up and 170 yards of total offense is just horrible. I dont know how the Titans can manage.

Not one of you being honest wouldnt take Finnegan over any CB the Texans have in a second.

JB
10-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Its funny watching Texans fans make fun of another teams pass coverage, hell defense in general.

That huge 130 yards of passing the Jags have put up and 170 yards of total offense is just horrible. I dont know how the Titans can manage.

Not one of you being honest wouldnt take Finnegan over any CB the Texans have in a second.

:lol: I wasn't making fun of any teams pass coverage. I know we have the next to last pass coverage defense in the league. I was making fun of that punk! Why you got your panties in a wad? :hobie:

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Crowd Booing?

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
It's just so sad

imatexan
10-18-2010, 10:18 PM

Really!?

During your own game against another AFC South opponent you feel the need to come troll here!?

I can't wait until Finnegan gets owned by AJ like he always does!

Nawzer
10-18-2010, 10:25 PM

Lol!

JB
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Really!?

During your own game against another AFC South opponent you feel the need to come troll here!?

He's not allowed on any other boards anymore I would guess.

Ranger Tom
10-18-2010, 10:28 PM

I'd prefer "San Antonio Jags." A man can dream.

Pollardized
10-18-2010, 10:32 PM
For those that don't know THE NFL personally, here's a pic of the chap:

http://www.intowit.com.php5-2.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/douchbag.jpg

Brandon420tx
10-18-2010, 10:35 PM
I hope our MNF game is better than this was

fiasco west
10-18-2010, 10:36 PM
I hope our MNF game is better than this was

I hope our MNF game is a snoozefest for all non-Texan fans.

Mailman
10-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Jeff Fisher is a piece of shite. That was totally classless -- here's hoping those piece of shit mother****ers get their karmic payback soon.

gary
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
CJ with his last run made me a winner in my ESPN fantsy football league. YHEA BABY I am 4-2 now.

JB
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Jeff Fisher is a piece of shite. That was totally classless -- here's hoping those piece of shit mother****ers get their karmic payback soon.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

fiasco west
10-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Agreed. Not even Bellicheck would run it on 4th down with the game clearly decided.

CJ just HAD to get his stats I guess.

Bulluck53
10-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Come on, he wasn't going to punt there and kicking the field goal does nothing. He was going to get the 1st and ice the clock. Get on Fish for having CJ in the game, but not for running a play on 4th.

THE NFL
10-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Really!?

It isnt always, but AJ owns most CB's he plays against. Thats why he is the best at what he does. But AJ can own Finnegan all he wants but the Texans will still lose to the Titans, as they always do.

So which would you rather have? AJ with a bunch of pretty yards or a Texan win?

Or I forgot... you guys are Texans fans... Of course you want the stats.

toronto
10-18-2010, 11:43 PM

I'm a Titan fan and I hated it - even though Mr. Chop Wood was bringing it on with the dumbass timeouts, this game needed to end and CJ had no business being in there.

They're lucky karma didn't bite us in the ass and a defender got hurt on the Jags' last drive.

It was two coaches that clearly despise each other and I really despised it.

Mailman
10-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Come on, he wasn't going to punt there and kicking the field goal does nothing. He was going to get the 1st and ice the clock. Get on Fish for having CJ in the game, but not for running a play on 4th.

That's exactly what I meant. 4th-and-5 from the Jac 35 could've been a very long FG attempt or punt, so going for it to get the first down and ice the clock is acceptable. What is unacceptable is having your best player on the field to carry the ball in a game that is over.

Bulluck53
10-18-2010, 11:47 PM
That's exactly what I meant. 4th-and-5 from the Jac 35 could've been a very long FG attempt or punt, so going for it to get the first down and ice the clock is acceptable. What is unacceptable is having your best player on the field to carry the ball in a game that is over.

Then I'm totally with you :tiphat:

Bulluck53
10-18-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm a Titan fan and I hated it - even though Mr. Chop Wood was bringing it on with the dumbass timeouts, this game needed to end and CJ had no business being in there.

They're lucky karma didn't bite us in the ass and a defender got hurt on the Jags' last drive.

It was two coaches that clearly despise each other and I really despised it.

So you think it's better to get a delay and punt that ball or kick the field goal, either way extending the game? No way, and no way Fish would ever do that. Definitely take CJ out of the game, but he wasn't trying to score there, CJ just happened to break it.

toronto
10-18-2010, 11:56 PM
So you think it's better to get a delay and punt that ball or kick the field goal, either way extending the game? No way, and no way Fish would ever do that. Definitely take CJ out of the game, but he wasn't trying to score there, CJ just happened to break it.

Leave Ringer in. If you turn it over on downs so be it. Kneel for all I care. All I know is I was praying no one got hurt on a completely useless play in a game long over.

fiasco west
10-18-2010, 11:59 PM
It isnt always, but AJ owns most CB's he plays against. Thats why he is the best at what he does. But AJ can own Finnegan all he wants but the Texans will still lose to the Titans, as they always do.

Wha??? I'm pretty sure everyone here would rather take the win. No one was complaining when the Texans handled the Colts. AJ didn't have a big game then...

Bad attempt at trash talk.

Bulluck53
10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Leave Ringer in. If you turn it over on downs so be it. Kneel for all I care. All I know is I was praying no one got hurt on a completely useless play in a game long over.

I agree with leaving Ringer in, CJ has no business in the game that late. But going for it there is the obvious decision. Get the 1st, run the rest of the clock out and get out of there. It just happened that CJ broke free.

GuerillaBlack
10-19-2010, 08:18 AM

But the game was over already.

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
There it is again!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/SomeKindOfTrollPost.gif

mootini
10-19-2010, 08:45 AM
At the game sporting my Mario jersey. Love this place. This is a must for a Texans road trip each year. Now I am hoping they don't move to LA since my sister lives close to here. So far the game sux becuz I hatw the Titans.

Hookem, I saw you!...wearing 90 Blue Williams jersey, I saw you going down for concessions in 1 quarter and end of 3rd quarter. Did your sister have a Titans shirt on..I think a VY? Sorry, I did not get your private msg, until now....I would have called ya. Ah, it was a perfect night for football, but the Jags sucked a big one...WOW! that was the worst of the worst. I told you the seats up top are good. You should come for the Texans game, I'll met up w/you guys. Jack Del Rio should be fire....8 years of 500. coaching and the loses are getting really ugly. I knew the game was over half way in 2nd quarter. Well, now capt check down/Edwards gets his shot. Jags will be lucky to be 5-11 this season. Oh, the blackouts will occur for Texans/Raider/Browns/Redskin games! The fan support this season has been awesome here in Jville, but we've recieved two horrible loses from Eagles and now Titans..yuck. And we have KC Sunday.....ah let the beatings begin!
:wadepalm:

mootini
10-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Then I'm totally with you :tiphat:

I agree, why was MJD running in the 4th quarter? Both coaches were being idoits. The game was over!!! Fisher always got the Jags number......JDR needs to be fired, what the hell was the time outs for? Congrats on the stomping.

mootini
10-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Break it....Or I saw Jags defense really quit!! That was only thing they did good all night, they held CJ to 54 yards by the end 3rd quarter...then the Jags punched the clock and got into their fetal positions.

mootini
10-19-2010, 08:58 AM
That Jags team that showed up last night, reminded me of the MNF game back 08' vs Texans...you guys killed us and JDR had that same Simple Jack look. 8 years of the same old Jack...500. and 1 playoff win. How many NFL coaches get that kind of cushion?

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Break it....Or I saw Jags defense really quit!! That was only thing they did good all night, they held CJ to 54 yards by the end 3rd quarter...then the Jags punched the clock and [B]got into their fetal positions.[B]

AKA the Jags went David Carr!

mootini
10-19-2010, 09:05 AM

What would Reliant look like at 4th quarter, if they were playing this bad on MNF?

Come on now, you witness the stadium, it was packed and the fans were there...the perception of LA Jags is a national media hype. Let's not mention Tampa and other fine teams struggling w/blackouts. Everbank is a big stadium in a small market...shoot we would sell out every game, if we have the new Lucus stadium in Indy. W/tarps Everbank holds 63K...it's a great stadium, every seat has a great view. Any how, I'm glad to hear you had a blast...come back soon.

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 09:05 AM

I know their are rules against insults, but who cares. You my friend are a loser. How are you so much more annoying than every other Titan fan? I have no problem with Blazing Arrow or Bulluck or Toronto, they're fine. You are just a sniveling little beyatch. We don't care about individual stats. I just want to win.

mootini
10-19-2010, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=mootini;1555773]Break it....Or I saw Jags defense really quit!! That was only thing they did good all night, they held CJ to 54 yards by the end 3rd quarter...then the Jags punched the clock and [B]got into their fetal positions./B][QUOTE]

AKA the Jags went David Carr!

Ah, man that game was terrible, I feel the worst ever for the Jags. And to the Titans, again!!! 1999 will forever haunt me/Jags. I know several people that have never gone to a Jags game and finally decided to go to this game....a reall killer. When the Jags lose, they lose bad! The worst part, the game was over from the start...I stopped cherring by the mid 2nd quarter...I knew they had no chance to win...I said to my brother, this might be worse that the Eagles game from week 3, which I felt was the worst...but this one takes the cake and on MNF....excuse me, I gotta barf now..Tians

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 09:15 AM

Yeah, but even then, go down. Get the first, slide down, kill the clock. You see guys do it all the time.

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
That Jags team that showed up last night, reminded me of the MNF game back 08' vs Texans...you guys killed us and JDR had that same Simple Jack look. 8 years of the same old Jack...500. and 1 playoff win. How many NFL coaches get that kind of cushion?

Ours. Assuming we eventually get to the playoffs and win a game there.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
What would Reliant look like at 4th quarter, if they were playing this bad on MNF?

Come on now, you witness the stadium, it was packed and the fans were there...the perception of LA Jags is a national media hype. Let's not mention Tampa and other fine teams struggling w/blackouts. Everbank is a big stadium in a small market...shoot we would sell out every game, if we have the new Lucus stadium in Indy. W/tarps Everbank holds 63K...it's a great stadium, every seat has a great view. Any how, I'm glad to hear you had a blast...come back soon.

Mootini, luv ya bro, but that stadium was far from packed - espeically between the 30's.

mootini
10-19-2010, 10:18 AM
That's the wine and cheese club seats....the fans mostly stay inside the plush Crown Royal bar....also, the southern end zone = Bud Zone draws many fanny's. It's always that way.

mootini
10-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Ours. Assuming we eventually get to the playoffs and win a game there.

I like the Texans chances...you guys need to keep fighting.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I like the Texans chances...you guys need to keep fighting.

I get that. Same can be said for our "club level" seats...Unfortunately "perception is reality". The perception being that there were way too many empty seats between the 30's, especially for a Monday night game...

mootini
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I get that. Same can be said for our "club level" seats...Unfortunately "perception is reality". The perception being that there were way too many empty seats between the 30's, especially for a Monday night game...

Gotcha, I can tell you it was a good crowd, the best one in a long time. It's been hard times in Jville, but this season, the Fans have shown up and the local support has been excellent. I can't wait for the Texans/Jags game, will be a good one.

Hookem Horns
10-19-2010, 12:07 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and the game day experience there. We started off at the Landing and took a water taxi boat to the stadium. It was cool seeing tailgating in boats, etc. The Jags fans were also really cool and considering we had a couple of Titans fans with us we had no issues. I wore my Mario jersey without incident for the most part. The only incident I had was by some redneck Titans fan. During the 4th QTR the stadium was pretty much empty so we went down to join the 2 Titans fans we met there (Yvette and Parddy from the Titans board).

As I got down there were a bunch of other Titans fans there. I generally asked what happened to Vince and some Titans fan got in my face saying "F Vince" and something to the effect of he didn't care what happens to Vince because he thinks he sucks, etc. I just said something like "why are you hatin' on your own QB like that?". He then got all in my face really pushing my buttons. I came real close to taking out all of my Bud Adams disdain on this guy. However I restrained myself for several reasons one being I would have ended up in jail considering the "Jag Nazis" were right there (more on that later). Then some other Titans fan started getting on me for wearing a Texans jersey to a Titans/Jags game like he was the fashion police or something.

Anyway as the game ended we were standing right in front of the ESPN guys so we thought we would watch the post game show live. However the "Jag Nazis" threatened us and told us we had to leave. They were actually pretty rude about it. One guy grabbed me like he wanted to escort us out so being upset I asked him if he was planning on relocating with the team to LA or if he would be looking for another job in a couple of years. :)

Kidding aside I really hope the Jags don't move as this would be an excellent Texans road trip each season. Plus it is a nice venue and the surroundings are really cool. The stadium was full at the beginning (besides all the tarped up sections). It did start emptying rather quickly once the game started getting out of hand. However that happens everywhere, especially Houston.

Mootini, yes that was probably me you saw. The lady with the Titans jersey was probably Yvette. Parddy had on an Oilers McNair jersey. We went in with them but set in a different section. I set with the sister and brother in law who are not Titans or Jags fans. My sister is a Redskins fan however didn't want to wear her Skins jersey because they lost. Maybe next season (if there is one) I will be back to see the Texans.

toronto
10-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Mootini, yes that was probably me you saw. The lady with the Titans jersey was probably Yvette. Parddy had on an Oilers McNair jersey. We went in with them but set in a different section. I set with the sister and brother in law who are not Titans or Jags fans. My sister is a Redskins fan however didn't want to wear her Skins jersey because they lost. Maybe next season (if there is one) I will be back to see the Texans.

LOL She's everywhere! Yvette is a saint for me and helped me bigtime 2 years ago have a blast when I came down to Nashville.

Glad you had fun, man I haven't seen Paul in 6 years. Shocker he wore Oilers garb :)

NitroGSXR
10-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Chris Johnson's TD pushed him out of a tie with Arian Foster. CJ now leads the NFL with rushing TDs. Well earned.

*stifling laughter*

Yvette
10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Kevin, you rock! and the game wouldn't have been near as much fun without you and your family. You make friends everywhere and I'll always remember jags fans crying on your shoulder. Your sister and I could not stop laughing. By the way, we had your back if that moron would've taken it any further. That would have been a sight, huh? lol