PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak Press Conference 10/4/10

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Maybe we will finally get some word on Pollard's and JJ's injuries.

Watch Live at 3:30pm ct (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-live-at-330-pm-CT/5aa33e3a-0ffc-4bd7-91ad-4a18d69fcd7c)

Texan_Bill
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Quit jacking with the camera!!

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Quit jacking with the camera!!

It's not me! j/k:kitten:

Texan_Bill
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I think Kubes needs to sit out the first quarter and a half next week for being late to his own presser. :)

It's not me! j/k:kitten:
LMAO!

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I think Kubes needs to sit out the first quarter and a half next week for being late to his own presser. :)
:spit:

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Here we go....

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Will know about Jones injury on Weds.

AJ is still day to day...

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Everything on Pollard is ok!!!!:hurrah:

Pollardized
10-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Pollard lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff S.
10-04-2010, 03:41 PM

Righteous! (Whew!)

Rey
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
They are asking some dummass questions.

Maddict5
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
ugh.. some retarded questions today

Pollardized
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Man i wonder what these reporters get paid? I could easily sit there and ask stupid ass questions (Will Cushing be playing Sunday?). That seems like a great job.....

Hardcore Texan
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
LMAO at Kubiak's response to that dumb question if Cushing will play this week. :spit:

Brando
10-04-2010, 03:48 PM
LMAO at Kubiak's response to that dumb question if Cushing will play this week. :spit:

Yep!:spit:

"Was trying to enjoy win last night, and as soon as I got off the plane Rick (Smith) told me they had 11 sacks" - Kubes on the Giants defense

disaacks3
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
LMAO at Kubiak's response to that dumb question if Cushing will play this week. :spit: Player won't launch through work firewall....what did Kubes say?

drewmar74
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Man i wonder what these reporters get paid? I could easily sit there and ask stupid ass questions (Will Cushing be playing Sunday?). That seems like a great job.....

I can't get the stream thru my firewall at work - they seriously asked if Cush would play?

Hardcore Texan
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Player won't launch through work firewall....what did Kubes say?

Some reporter asked Kubes if he thought Cusing would play this Sunday or did he need to wait to evaluate him during practice.

Kubes" "Cushing? Brian Cushing? Uh, yeah, he's playing". Kubes chuckled after that, kind of almost like an evil laugh. Like, I can't believe you asked that and don't realize he's about to unleash hell. It was hilarious.

Maddict5
Kubiak: 'Will Cushing play this Sunday? BRIAN CUSHING?????????'

lol as close as stfu as kubiak can give. also that doofus that asked about how many other players have ever missed/late to meetings? WTF?

mcclain & warner look great compared to these dopes. nobody asked re the good secondary play after it being story of the week last week btw (unless i missed it)

Rey
Reporter: "Have any other players missed meetings, or was this an isolated incident?"

Kubiak: "I don't keep tabs"

Me: "who gives a flying duck!"

Thorn
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I relieved to hear Pollard is OK!!!!!

10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
i know we won't find out more about jacoby's injury status til wednesday... but what exactly IS the injury?..

Rey
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
i know we won't find out more about jacoby's injury status til wednesday... but what exactly IS the injury?..

I think it's some kind of Calf strain????

Rey
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Kubes also said that Cushing will be worked out tomorrow to see how sharp he is...

Arian got fined and benched...

Troy Nolan will see a lot more playing time...did not commit to starting him...

The Cush
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM

What exactly did he say (Initial injury, current status)? I cant find anything anywhere other than this thread

Texan_Bill
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
What exactly did he say (Initial injury, current status)? I cant find anything anywhere other than this thread

Stinger!

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Kubiak on 610 now talking about Nolan...

"His play will definitely pick up"

"Good things seem to happen when he's in the game"

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Asked about Casey and Grahm getting P/T:

Concerned about getting Owen back to where he was pre-injury.
Was encouraged by Owens legs coming back and speed in this past game..Feels he's close to being back.

Dreesen is a fine, fine football player...Playing about as well as one can play at the position...

James was in on a few 3 TE sets and special teams.... Will have to just wait his turn, but he will be eventually called upon...

More calls to come...

Side note: The f'n fans ask better questions the the paid reporters...

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Biggest thing with cushing is catching him up on the mental aspect, Scheme, adjustments.

Will put his pads on tommorrow. Will probably do a little more than the other players this week.

When asked about him itching to get back: "Yeah Rich, I kinda stayed away from him a little bit...I think he's ready to hit somebody"

Cushing will start...We don't plan on holding him back at all.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Asked about the secondary progression:

He sees them playing well in spurts...Sometimes they have lapses, or get too soft...looking for some consistency.

More pressure on the QB means less pressure on secondary.

Got good pressure yesterday. Antonio played well...Cushing is a big part of gettting pressure on the QB.

They played some of everything coverage wise yesterday...Zone man, Zone dog...

Thought PI on McCain was a poor call..Brian will help with everything they do

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Gradkoski is a tough guy, but he paid for some of that toughness yesterday from Pollard.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Asked about Keeping MAtt upright:

Wanted to change the launch point. Matt played very well. Threw balls away to avoid sacks. They wanted to move him around some to keep the defense guessing.

Asked about Arian being on pace for 2,000 and the O-line:

Oline getting better every week. Likes the fact that they've lined up late in games and have really punched people in the mouth. Has been impressed with Butler coming in and doing a good job.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Asked about Dano and Leinart:

You never know if the back-ups are really studying and taking care of their business until they get thrown in the fire. Really impressed with Leinart's progress thus far, but the biggest thing is keeping #8 upright.

Definitely competition for the back-up spot. Leinart is really pushing DanO. He's vastly improved and has made the QB group stronger.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Didn't give out any game balls. It was a team effort...Thought everyone pitched in. Has not named any game MVP's..still working on that as we speak.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Some redundant question about Matt dropping back to pass.

Asked about scripting plays:

Kubes scripts 15, Matt knows the plays on friday. The rest of the guys find out Sat. morning.

Says you could run two plays, and be in unexpected position and then you're off the script. It can change, but what you want to do is get through all 15.

Did not call the same play the first two plays of the game. Same action, different personnel. Kind of the same but not really.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Defense has got to get better. Too many high scoring games.

Expecting a big boost from Brian. Expects young secondary to get better. Late in the season will have some poor weather games, so defense will need to improve.

Expects Giants to be most physical team they've played thus far. Not too far removed from Superbowl. Very good team.

Asked about covering opposing TE's:

Played a lot of quarters covereage yesterday. If QB reads covg right TE's should have some catches there. Brian should help on covering some of the TE's. Did not want to give up big plays to Oakland's speedy receivers. Feels good overall about the progress of the secondary.

JB
10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Defense has got to get better. Too many high scoring games.

Expecting a big boost from Brian. Expects young secondary to get better. Late in the season will have some poor weather games, so defense will need to improve.

Expects Bears to be most physical team they've played thus far. Not too far removed from Superbowl. Very good team.

Asked about covering opposing TE's:

Played a lot of quarters covereage yesterday. If QB reads covg right TE's should have some catches there. Brian should help on covering some of the TE's. Did not want to give up big plays to Oakland's speedy receivers. Feels good overall about the progress of the secondary.

I think you mean Giants here....

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Ogunleye played about 20 plays. Did some good things. Tried to use him mostly in pass situations.

Pass rush wise they had a group effort.

Adibi goes back to backing up both LB spots

Likes steve returning kicks, wouldn't be surprised to see him take one back shortly.

Bernard got a stinger...Reached back for the ball late in the game and felt it even more.

Talking about bunch formations on offense...Gives more flexibility to the offense...Formation is becoming a big part of what they're doing.

Commenting about killing the clock and going 'conservative' late in games:

Two series before the one where they ran 3 straight times he wanted to kick himself when Matt threw the ball away. Said he should have run it then.
Raiders strength is coverage, so he wanted to go away from that.
Felt defense was playing well and the pressure was on the Raiders so he wanted to keep it that way.

No real defined planned, was just a gut feeling during the game. Wishes he could explain it a little better.

Rey
10-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I think you mean Giants here....

Yep....:spin:

Goldensilence
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Reporter: "Have any other players missed meetings, or was this an isolated incident?"

Kubiak: "I don't keep tabs"

Me: "who gives a flying duck!"

Obviously he does.

Just find it weird that I haven't heard of any issues involving Arian Foster's work ethic. Perhaps Gary's trying to make an example. I find it hard to believe had this been the Colts Arian would've been sitting out a quarter.

Corrosion
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Before the season what would you have been happy with with Cushing out?

Try to win them all John , try to win them all.

:zipit: (we need a smiley for VY jock rider)

JB
10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
:zipit: (we need a smiley for VY jock rider)

I'm sure Kubiak would like to see McLame banned from Reliant...

PapaL
10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey Gary - Why does it seem that the team falls asleep at the worst times possible? Is it crappy play calling, guys not being prepared or lack of killer instinct? Obviously we have the talent?

That's my one err three questions. I get tired of seeing the same thing. When we need a drive, the play calls blow chunks or the players aren't....executing them. (Oh lord, did I really say that?!?) Make a 1st Down, Punch someone in the mouth! Do something besides punting and giving up yards.

OK, OK, I'm getting off my soap box.

PapaL
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I wanna add one more thought...

Jacoby...YOU SUCK! Catch the F'in ball!

Those are my post game thoughts.

Corrosion
10-04-2010, 06:22 PM

I think we would all like to see it happen, but it won't... McLame sucks :hobie:

JB
10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I think we would all like to see it happen, but it won't... McLame sucks :hobie:

Wow! I was thinking the same thing! :clown:

drs23
10-04-2010, 06:30 PM

JB, I think everyone else would too, but McGobbler has a press pass, so he's in.:rake:

ObsiWan
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey Gary - Why does it seem that the team falls asleep at the worst times possible? Is it crappy play calling, guys not being prepared or lack of killer instinct? Obviously we have the talent?

That's my one err three questions. I get tired of seeing the same thing. When we need a drive, the play calls blow chunks or the players aren't....executing them. (Oh lord, did I really say that?!?) Make a 1st Down, Punch someone in the mouth! Do something besides punting and giving up yards.

OK, OK, I'm getting off my soap box.
Oh Boo-frikkin'-Hoo
we won and are on top of the division.
enjoy it

dalemurphy
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Here's the transcript... I took the time to decode the coach speak as well:

Texans Bull Blog (http://www.texansbullblog.com/kubesspeak-presser-raider-game/featured-articles/kubes-speak/)