PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak's 3 Keys to success for the season/How we are doing after 4 games

El Tejano
10-04-2010, 09:12 AM
I went back to take a look at what some of Kubiak's goals for our season was before the team started so I can compare to how we are doing on those after 4 games. I couldn't find anything about what he said at the Houston Texans Team Luncheon. Anything you can find will help but I did see a few things he mentioned about keys to our success at the speech he made at the Touchdown Club of Houston.

On June 9th, at the Touchdown Club of Houston Kubiak said there would be 3 keys to our success.

1. Win The Division
2. Be More Physical
3. Overcome Adversity to win.

So far, after 4 games:
We are leading the division all by ourselves
We beat Indy and Washington, and even The Raiders in a very physical way.
We came back in a game on the road where we were down by 17 in the 4th quarter.

So far, I believe we are on track.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kubiak said in the famous "It's Time For Somebody Else To Win The Division" speech (correct me if I'm wrong) he mentioned that we had these goals:
Beat Indy
Improve our Home Record from last year
Have a winning road record.
Winning record in the division
Close out games in the fourth quarter
Have a winning record in September (first 4 games)

Well here we are:
We beat Indy
Still got to get that home record up
We are 2-0 on the road (only 3 road games away from our goal - Colts, Jags, Jets, Eagles, Titans, Broncos are next)
1-0 in Division (November will be key for us)
We closed out all 3 of our wins in the fourth quarter (Arian Foster running on Indy, Schaub and Johnson in Washington, and Troy to the rescue in Oakland).
Sitting at 3-1 after 4 games.

What shall our goals be for the next 4 games (besides win all of them.)?
Go into bye week 5-1 (helps bring up our home record)
Finish no worse than 2-2
Sweep the Colts

Anything else to add?

silvrhand
10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Turnovers.. we are winning the turnover battle, that'll win you a lot of games..

El Tejano
10-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Turnovers.. we are winning the turnover battle, that'll win you a lot of games..

Great one. Got to find that stat. Yes winning the turnover battle is key in the next 8-10 games for us to acheive our goals.

From what I remember we've thrown 4 ints and fumbled the ball once (garbage time) and with Troy's performance yesterday, we have caused two fumbles (Pollard in Indy game and Mario vs. Raiders) and two INTs. So right now we are 5 giveaways to 4 takeaways = -1 in turnover stats.

Add this to the list.

Goldensilence
10-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I went back to take a look at what some of Kubiak's goals for our season was before the team started so I can compare to how we are doing on those after 4 games. I couldn't find anything about what he said at the Houston Texans Team Luncheon. Anything you can find will help but I did see a few things he mentioned about keys to our success at the speech he made at the Touchdown Club of Houston.

On June 9th, at the Touchdown Club of Houston Kubiak said there would be 3 keys to our success.

1. Win The Division
2. Be More Physical
3. Overcome Adversity to win.

So far, after 4 games:
We are leading the division all by ourselves
We beat Indy and Washington, and even The Raiders in a very physical way.
We came back in a game on the road where we were down by 17 in the 4th quarter.

So far, I believe we are on track.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Kubiak said in the famous "It's Time For Somebody Else To Win The Division" speech (correct me if I'm wrong) he mentioned that we had these goals:
Beat Indy
Improve our Home Record from last year
Have a winning road record.
Winning record in the division
Close out games in the fourth quarter
Have a winning record in September (first 4 games)

Well here we are:
We beat Indy
Still got to get that home record up
We are 2-0 on the road (only 3 road games away from our goal - Colts, Jags, Jets, Eagles, Titans, Broncos are next)
1-0 in Division (November will be key for us)
We closed out all 3 of our wins in the fourth quarter (Arian Foster running on Indy, Schaub and Johnson in Washington, and Troy to the rescue in Oakland).
Sitting at 3-1 after 4 games.

What shall our goals be for the next 4 games (besides win all of them.)?
Go into bye week 5-1 (helps bring up our home record)
Finish no worse than 2-2
Sweep the Colts

Anything else to add?

Continue to run the ball effectively. This accomplishes 2 things; it keeps our offense balanced and difficult to match up with and it keeps our suspect pass defense off the field (and hopefully time to improve).

Tailgate
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM
We held the fort down while the 2009 DROY bench pressed small villages.

bckey
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Actually the Texans are -1 in turnovers for the season. The stat that sticks out the most to me is the Texans are averaging 5.5 yards per rush through 4 games. Thats insane! They are 1st in the league in rushing, 2nd in total yards, 4th in points and 9th in passing yards. On defense they are 32nd in passing yards allowed and 25th in points allowed. OUCH!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/statistics?team=HOU

Big Lou
10-04-2010, 09:42 AM
We held the fort down while the 2009 DROY bench pressed small villages.

That would be Two Time DROY!!!!!

gtexan02
10-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Overcome adversity:
Went 3-1 while our best defensive player was suspended
Overcame a 17 point 4th quarter deficit
Beat the Raiders with 3 of our most important players sidelined for the whole game, and 2 of our most important players missing significant time

infantrycak
10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Total Offense - 2nd
Scoring - 4th
Passing - 9th
1st down % - 2nd
YPA - 4th
Rushing - 1st
YPC - 1st
1st down % - 1st

Total Defense - 32nd
Scoring - 25th
Passing - 32nd
1st down % - 27th
YPA - 30th
Sacks - 9th
Rushing - 2nd
YPC - 7th
1st down % - 28th

Dread-Head
10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Total Offense - 2nd
Scoring - 4th
Passing - 9th
1st down % - 2nd
YPA - 4th
Rushing - 1st
YPC - 1st
1st down % - 1st

Total Defense - 32nd
Scoring - 25th
Passing - 32nd
1st down % - 27th
YPA - 30th
Sacks - 9th
Rushing - 2nd
YPC - 7th
1st down % - 28th

Basically our defense sux?

JB
10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Basically our defense sux?

Yep! Other than having the #2 rush defense...

HJam72
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
We just need our pass D to get better and TN might be the answer already.