PDA

View Full Version : Owen Daniels?

TexanSam
10-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Does anyone have any knowledge on how long it takes to fully recover from an ACL injury?

Dreesen has been solid this season but it would be nice to see the Owen Daniels of old on the field. He's had numerous injuries so maybe they've taken their toll on him already? Hopefully OD's production steps up as the season goes along...

UK_Texan
10-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Does anyone have any knowledge on how long it takes to fully recover from an ACL injury?

Dreesen has been solid this season but it would be nice to see the Owen Daniels of old on the field. He's had numerous injuries so maybe they've taken their toll on him already? Hopefully OD's production steps up as the season goes along...

Depends if it was operatd on, usually if you have an operation the recovery is much quicker maybe 4-5 months. Without an operation you can be talking up to 9months perhaps.

A friend of mine had his reconstructed not so long ago and was about a year later before he was allowed to go out and jog around .

IDEXAN
10-04-2010, 07:10 AM
OD had the third severe knee-injury of his career last year and with these smallish, quick TE prospects coming out of college who can be got with a
4th or lower round pick (and sometimes in FA like Dressen), there's really no point in keeping him around beyond this year ?
It's just business, and speaking of business had OD taken care of his own business when he got a chance to get a new contract with about 15 million guaranteed last year, they'd have to keep him because of their investment.

TimeKiller
10-04-2010, 08:03 AM
OD and his injury history can kiss a huge contract goodbye, especially from the Texans. He's clearly slowed and less than 100% but he looks really bad not getting any seperation out there. I seriously doubt he gets the offer he wants and if that means he splits, I'm totally comfortable seeing Joel Dreesen do nothing but catch 15 yard passes up the middle. Also comfortable with James Casey's development/athleticism. Also comfortable with OD Jr. Garrett Graham.

Section516
10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
It's sad. I really hope he recovers and becomes a major contributor again, hes always played hard for the team and done his fair share.

hradhak
10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
It depends on the operation. Depending on the type of repair and what was used to repair the ligament, the recovery time can be different. That being said, he is probably out of shape because of limited lower body work. He saw no preseason reps / training camp. I think it is going to take him a few weeks to get back out there and be successful. I wouldn't write him off yet, though.

Scooter
10-04-2010, 08:13 AM
i hate to say it, but daniels has looked REALLY bad out there. he can still sit in a zone and has great hands, but his wheels are becoming a dangerous liability. i think it was in the 4th quarter that owen nearly allowed an interception because he couldnt turn into his route, letting the DB or LB on his outside hip go easily past him to the ball.

i think CND said he needs to be sat out longer to give the surgery time to rehab properly, so that's the opinion i'll follow - sit him and play casey across from dreessen.