PDA

View Full Version : Is Pollard OK?

BIG TORO
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
It seems that Pollardgot hurt towards the end of the game, and I after the game I seen a camera pan over towards him and he was making a face like he was in pain. Does anyone know the extent of his injury and is he going to be ok?

ChrisG
10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
No idea but looked like he got kicked in the chest or chin

Sent from my DROIDX

Jackie Chiles
10-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I noticed that as well. Looked like it happened on one of the last pass attempts when he ran into Heyward-Bey. DHB made an awkward lunge/jump to get to the ball and he might have kicked Pollard. Not sure that's what happened but fairly positive it happened on that play.

Hardcore Texan
10-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I noticed that as well. Looked like it happened on one of the last pass attempts when he ran into Heyward-Bey. DHB made an awkward lunge/jump to get to the ball and he might have kicked Pollard. Not sure that's what happened but fairly positive it happened on that play.

That's what I saw.

Big Lou
10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Ahhhh crap!!!!

I thought his hand was hurt, but you guys must have seen something else.

BIG TORO
10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I just hope he is OK and after the by week we have a complete healthy team so we can whoop it the rest of the year!

Jackie Chiles
10-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Ahhhh crap!!!!

It very well could have been his hand. DHB's foot got high, he might have round-housed Pollard on the hand. At first I thought he might have gotten spiked but after seeing him grimace post-game I think it might be a little worse. Knowing him I would be shocked if he missed any time though.

nero THE zero
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Ahhhh crap!!!!

That's what I thought as well. Luckily safeties can play with casts on.

Norg
10-03-2010, 08:46 PM
i think i noticed after the hit he was on the field next play

GlassHalfFull
10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
It looked like a hand or jammed finger. I was hoping that was the case. A jammed finger can hurt like crazy at first, and not be all that serious.

Showtime100
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Damn. I was just getting used to this....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/Pollard.jpg

*fingers crossed*

wagonhed
10-03-2010, 08:49 PM

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/Pollard.jpg

*fingers crossed*

hahahaha. best picture ever.

ArlingtonTexan
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
It looked like a hand or jammed finger. I was hoping that was the case. A jammed finger can hurt like crazy at first, and not be all that serious.

Pollard is the one guy I would nto mind swinging around a cast.

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Pollard going in for MRI on shoulder tomorrow.

Revolution
10-03-2010, 09:06 PM

BOO! I hope it isn't serious...

Showtime100
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM

For his finger, correct? Just checking.

The Pencil Neck
10-03-2010, 09:10 PM
For his finger, correct? Just checking.

Shoulder or finger?

From the way he was carrying his arm, it looked like upper arm/shoulder to me.

barrett
10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
BOO! I hope it isn't serious...

Where are you getting your info?

disaacks3
10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Where are you getting your info?

Cloak is our resident Doc, he's got excellent contacts. If he says it's for a shoulder, I imagine it's accurate.

Showtime100
10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Shoulder or finger?

From the way he was carrying his arm, it looked like upper arm/shoulder to me.

Yeah, I didn't see what you guys did so I know there's more to it. Hope it's just the finger. :eek:

EDIT: I didn't see Cloak's edited post. Shoulder is baaaaad news.

TexansFanatic
10-03-2010, 09:25 PM
CRAP!

These injuries and suspensions have got to stop.

headsplint
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Geez, I really hope his MRI comes back okay.

On a side note, since the Texans have been in existence, I have never felt sorry for someone on the opposing team. Today I kind of cringed when Gradkowski got hit the second time. I ALMOST felt sorry for him. Pollard is a maniac.

Dr2bKay
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
During the game, the injury seemed minor since Pollard hopped right up and went out for the next play...but 610 did text that he is gonna have an MRI on his shoulder...

JB
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
During the game, the injury seemed minor since Pollard hopped right up and went out for the next play...but 610 did text that he is gonna have an MRI on his shoulder...

He was in quite a bit of pain after Bey kicked him. Tv showed a close up of him on the field, though it was just a quick shot. He also looked to be in a lot of pain right after the game.

Tailgate
10-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Well just f*&^king great. I re-watched game and just saw this myself. He looked like he was really in some pain. Now I got that bittersweet feeling. Lets hope its very minor. To lose him just as we get Cush back would really be..... well, almost expected.

TEXANRED
10-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Over coming adversity is what makes great teams great.

Take our armed forces for example, did we give up after the Germans bombed pearl harbor? No.

So now its time for this Texans team to nut up or shut up.

Go Texans!

playa465
10-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Take our armed forces for example, did we give up after the Germans bombed pearl harbor? No.

Go Texans!

I get what ur saying but cmon now "the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" :facepalm:

gtexan02
10-03-2010, 11:37 PM

I think "Best use of facepalm" award goes to you

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Watching his fall, the most likely injury was a partially (subluxed) or totally anteriorly dislocated shoulder that spontaneously popped back in or was popped back in. In such cases, especially if there is persistent significant pain, an MRI is obtained to evaluated the surrounding soft tissues...........ligaments, labrum, rotator cuff, and major nerves.........as well as the joint bones. We'll have to wait for the results of the MRI tomorrow.

gg no re
10-03-2010, 11:38 PM
http://febclub.webs.com/BelushiCollege.jpg

TheRealJoker
10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought he was hit with some crazy Dim-Mak move or something.

TexansFanatic
10-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Watching his fall, the most likely injury was a partially (subluxed) or totally anteriorly dislocated shoulder that spontaneously popped back in or was popped back in. In such cases, especially if there is persistent significant pain, an MRI is obtained to evaluated the surrounding soft tissues...........ligaments, labrum, rotator cuff, and major nerves.........as well as the joint bones. We'll have to wait for the results of the MRI tomorrow.

If the shoulder popped out and popped back in again, he shouldn't miss any time. True?

CloakNNNdagger
10-04-2010, 12:07 AM
If the shoulder popped out and popped back in again, he shouldn't miss any time. True?

Many times, if it is the first time it has occurred, it can be treated conservatively (if just minor stretch to involved structures), maybe one missed game, maybe none. But if it creates significant injury to the structures I listed above (previous post), it could be longer, if surgery is required, much longer. There are too many scenarios to try to cover. Let's wait until the MRI reveals the extent of his injury.

Pollardized
10-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Many times, if it is the first time it has occurred, it can be treated conservatively (if just minor stretch to involved structures), maybe one missed game, maybe none. But if it creates significant injury to the structures I listed above (previous post), it could be longer, if surgery is required, much longer. There are too many scenarios to try to cover. Let's wait until the MRI reveals the extent of his injury.

Or he could just drink a little milk tonight and it will be alright.

VTexan
10-04-2010, 12:14 AM

What?! They didn't?

Next you're going to tell me that didn't we got our independence from India.

TexansFanatic
10-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Let's wait until the MRI reveals the extent of his injury.

Dadgummit, doc, I want you to tell me everything's going to be all right!

But I hear you. ;-)

Jeff S.
10-04-2010, 01:12 AM
But if it creates significant injury to the structures I listed above (previous post), it could be longer, if surgery is required, much longer.

How much longer, Doc? Could this be an IR situation, worst-case? I guess surgery would indicate "yes".

TimeKiller
10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Maybe there was just pain shooting down his arm but it really looked like his hand is what was hurting. I expect Pollard would probably hoss it out for anything minor, hopefully it is something minor and rest will fix him up. I bet he's looking for Demeco's shoulder brace!

CloakNNNdagger
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
How much longer, Doc? Could this be an IR situation, worst-case? I guess surgery would indicate "yes".

Again, we have to wait until the MRI characterizes the extent of injury. Although a "worst case scenario" involving major reconstructive surgery could indicate the end of his season.

bigbrewster2000
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Go Texans!

:facepalm: for not seeing the movie Animal House

Scooter
10-04-2010, 09:32 AM

kids these days. :wadepalm:

HardKnockTexan
10-04-2010, 11:38 AM

*fingers crossed*

anyone have video of this?? Best hit on a QB I've ever seen!

El Tejano
10-04-2010, 11:43 AM
anyone have video of this?? Best hit on a QB I've ever seen!

Don't know but that hit took the game away.

HardKnockTexan
10-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Don't know but that hit took the game away.

Gradkowski was doing the stankyleg on the sidelines after Pollard lit him up.

Hardcore Texan
10-04-2010, 11:49 AM

I think "Best use of facepalm" award goes to you

:facepalm: at both of you

http://febclub.webs.com/BelushiCollege.jpg

Let's up it to this:

http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Brando
10-04-2010, 11:54 AM
(on his thoughts on the win) “This was a gut check. For us to come in here and to go home 3-1, that’s big for us. This is big. This is momentum that we take into next week. We just have to get the injured guys back and it’s going to be fun.”

Sounded like he was going to be ready next game. I hope the MRI comes back ok.:thisbig:

post game comments (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Postgame-quotes-Texans-at-Raiders/f59d7e5c-d0a6-4cb5-b68f-092039428dc9)

HuttoKarl
10-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Or he could just drink a little milk tonight and it will be alright.

Sincerely,
Brian Cushing, Team Doctor

gtexan02
10-04-2010, 12:03 PM
So far this season we've got:

Owen Daniels at less than full strength because of lingering ACL injury
Eugene Wilson lingering to the point he is no longer an effective starter
Cushing suspended for 4 games
Brown suspended for 4 games
AJ lingering ankle injuries, day to day
JJ now has unidentified leg injury
Pollard now has unidentified shoulder injury
Foster benched for disciplinary reasons

Are there more??? Sheesh man, can't we catch a break? (not literally)

Tailgate
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM

You forgot Barwin and Tate. Unless you aren't counting season enders.

Marcus
10-04-2010, 12:45 PM

This probably isn't any different than any other team right now. Just sayin.

Shaft75
10-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm just waiting for some good news.
:spin:

Texan_Bill
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Forget it, he's rolling.

Seņor Stan
10-04-2010, 12:48 PM
You forgot Barwin and Tate. Unless you aren't counting season enders.

and Bulman...

gtexan02
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Last game we were out our #1 overall player, our starting LT, and our best defensive player.

There are very few teams in the NFL who ever endure games like that

Yankee_In_TX
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Errr, how many teams played 1.5 quarters without their best WR and best RB and lost their #3 receiver during the game?

(as well as starting MLB and starting LT)?

CloakNNNdagger
10-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Kubiak called it a "stinger." Pollard stated, "I guess it's a stinger?"

With a stinger, MRI is appropriate to rule out significant shoulder and neck damage.

The most common mechanism for stingers is head movement in an opposite direction from the shoulder either from a hit to the head or downward traction of the shoulder which occurs commonly with the shoulder subluxation or dislocation injury with spontaneous relocation that I described in a previous post. This can stretch the nerve roots (brachial plexus) on the side receiving the blow (traction), or compress or pinch those on the opposite side. Contact to the side of the neck may cause a direct contusion to the brachial plexus.

Brachial plexus injuries can be classified into three grades. The mildest form Grade 1 usually results in compete recovery typically in a few seconds to days. Grade 1 injuries are the most common in football. Grade 2 injuries involve numbness and weakness that can last for weeks but full recovery typically occurs. Play is limited by the limitations of symptom disability. Grade 3 is a physical disruption or unrelenting compression/impingement of the roots and requires surgery and recovery may not occur.

At best, Pollard has a Grade I injury. At worst, he might have a Grade II. Fortunately, Grade 3, and accordingly the need for surgery, appears to have been ruled out.

Texan_Bill
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
The only thing I know is that once you get a stinger, you're likely to get another one! Or at least that was the case for me. I had a season where I had a stinger every week. They suck, big time.

gary
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I thought the U.S. had bought la from Israel. I kid, I kid. Please let Pollard be alright.

playa465
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
:facepalm: at both of you

Let's up it to this:

http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Ok Ok I was REALLLL slow on it...don't know how I missed it but anyway, here's to me:

http://www.dembot.net/images/facepalm/homer_facepalm.jpg

Brisco_County
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Kubiak called it a "stinger." Pollard stated, "I guess it's a stinger?"

With a stinger, MRI is appropriate to rule out significant shoulder and neck damage.

The most common mechanism for stingers is head movement in an opposite direction from the shoulder either from a hit to the head or downward traction of the shoulder which occurs commonly with the shoulder subluxation or dislocation injury with spontaneous relocation that I described in a previous post. This can stretch the nerve roots (brachial plexus) on the side receiving the blow (traction), or compress or pinch those on the opposite side. Contact to the side of the neck may cause a direct contusion to the brachial plexus.

Brachial plexus injuries can be classified into three grades. The mildest form Grade 1 usually results in compete recovery typically in a few seconds to days. Grade 1 injuries are the most common in football. Grade 2 injuries involve numbness and weakness that can last for weeks but full recovery typically occurs. Play is limited by the limitations of symptom disability. Grade 3 is a physical disruption or unrelenting compression/impingement of the roots and requires surgery and recovery may not occur.

At best, Pollard has a Grade I injury. At worst, he might have a Grade II. Fortunately, Grade 3, and accordingly the need for surgery, appears to have been ruled out.

Colt McCoy's stinger in the championship game must've been a bad grade II. I still have to argue with numbskulls who say he wussed out. It's hard to throw a football when you can't feel your fingers.

I remember Colt also getting a stinger in the Kansas State game about four years ago when they kept trying to QB sneak it at the goal line. The hit was a downward traction of the shoulder you described.

CretorFrigg
10-04-2010, 09:45 PM
It doesn't seem like the injury was too extreme. Judging by his post-game comments, it seems like the injury was insignificant and that he'll be playing for sure next week.

But then again, it's Pollard. Does he even feel pain?

GuerillaBlack
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
It doesn't seem like the injury was too extreme. Judging by his post-game comments, it seems like the injury was insignificant and that he'll be playing for sure next week.

But then again, it's Pollard. Does he even feel pain?

Pain feels Pollard.

Ckw
10-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Pollard is fine. I asked him about it tonight at the Monday Night show, and he said he felt great. Just a little soar but no big deal. He was moving the arm around like nothing was wrong and was certain it would not effect him for this Sunday.

OTOH, Jacoby is not so sure he will play this week. I joked with him about wanting to know for fantasy football purposes and he laughed. I also told him he almost made me lose this week because I almost started him but then he got hurt. He didn't find that very funny....