PDA

View Full Version : Fire Frank Bush

Ranger Tom
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Do it now, while we still have the lead.

GNTLEWOLF
10-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I think we need to fire whoever is responsible for thinking we could play this season with rookie and inexperienced DB's.

Blake
10-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Thank you for this thread Ranger Tom. Great insight.

PockyAF
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
"Hi, my name is Ranger_Tom. My hobby includes starting knee-jerk threads without any analytical write-up that back-ups my demands because I don't have the football intelligence to do so. I lure other posters in this thread in hope that they make the assessments for me!"

BullNation4Life
10-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I think we need to fire whoever is responsible for thinking we could play this season with rookie and inexperienced DB's.

I think that David Gibbs convinced Kubiak he could duplicate what he did in KC with rookie DBs

Goatcheese
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
You can't start a Fire XYZ thread without pink soap.

Maddict5
10-03-2010, 06:26 PM
the db's especially the cb's were good today

JB

I love how our db's get bashed for the failings of the passing game. Oakland's WR's combined for 4 catches for 45 yards. It was the backs and TE's that ate us up, and that is on the linebackers. Quinn and Jackson did a very good job today.

Yeah, they got a bit of help with dropped balls, but they still did a damn good job.

gary
I would not call this a knee jerk thread by any means. Anyone who watched the game would know the D almost blew the game.

hradhak
10-03-2010, 06:31 PM
On the plus side, Nolan looked stellar. He really has an eye for the ball that Wilson doesn't. We see a lot of tip balls go for nothing. If for no other reason, Nolan should get the start for having that ball hawking ability.

TEXANRED
10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I love how our db's get bashed for the failings of the passing game. Oakland's WR's combined for 4 catches for 45 yards. It was the backs and TE's that ate us up, and that is on the linebackers. Quinn and Jackson did a very good job today.

Yeah, they got a bit of help with dropped balls, but they still did a damn good job.

That's what I have been saying. Now that Cush is back hopefully we can cover the short routes.

steelbtexan
10-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Get Cushing back= check
Start Nolan = check
Sign Schobel= ? LOL

All of this = improved defense

Big Lou
10-03-2010, 06:59 PM
I heard Richard Smith is available................

thunderkyss
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM

It's been that way since Washington. Sure the WRs in those games got some big yards, but the QBs threw the ball 60 times.

Backs & TEs have been getting several hundred yards in the passing game, and that has been what is killing our passing D. & that is a group of veterans.

I liked seeing Adibi tip that ball to Nolan, then Ryans tipped the second ball to Nolan.... it's about time they got involved in the passing game, other than tackling & watching FBs score.

Diles... is not a pro-bowl Will, I don't care what Kubiak says.

Bearkat Texan
10-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I still dont see how Frank Bush think just being in zone coverage 75% of the time will work...cause it hasnt...it makes every qb we've face looked all pro...something has to change...

GP
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Last year, we made a big adjustment by adding Pollard.

This year, maybe the adjustment that was needed was Nolan at FS. Seems to have helped. The Raiders have big, athletic WRs and a monster TE. Oh, and don't forget the McFadden-Bush combo out of the backfield. That's 5 or 6 talented guys out there on any given play.

Nolan held his own. And it made the CBs look better.

The front four held their own. And the CBs look better.

Now we get Cushing back. I think the CBs will look a bit better next Sunday, as well.

CB might just be the hardest position to play in the NFL. You have to judge whether to stay with your man, pass him off, cut with him, run with him, stop with him, etc. One little bobble, and you're toast. Burnt toast.

3-1 without Duane Brown and Brian Cushing? I'll take it.

If we judge the season by a quarterly basis, with us just completing our first quarter (the first four games, for those of you in Rio Linda), I say 3-1 is fantastic. Especially after facing the Colts right off the bat.

If we can string together another 3-1 stretch in the 2nd quarter, that places us at 6-2 at the halfway mark. I'll take it.

GP
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I still dont see how Frank Bush think just being in zone coverage 75% of the time will work...cause it hasnt...it makes every qb we've face looked all pro...something has to change...

My biggest gripe is that it seems the LINEBACKERS are in zone way too much.

Does it seem that way to you guys? Loco en cabeza.

thunderkyss
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM

I don't think it's that they are in zone "too much" more than they don't understand zone.

Passing lanes seem to hold no meaning for them. When receivers enter their zone, they don't seem to know what to do, until he catches the ball. It seems like they don't have any peripheral vision.

The two tips, by Adibi & Ryan led to INTs..... made Nolan look like a starter (albeit Wilson probably would've dropped those)... we need more of that.

PhilpW
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Yea, it seemed like we would vacate the middle and lots of their catches were where our linebackers should be. At the snap our LB's would drop and BAM, catch over the middle for 8 yds.

Wolf
10-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread but

I am wondering about Ray Rhodes if things keep getting worse and (I seriously doubt anything will happen) the Texans decide they need a spark in the coaching staff

If I recall he is still the defensive assistant but I don't ever hear much about him..

GP
10-17-2010, 09:16 PM

I am wondering about Ray Rhodes if things keep getting worse and (I seriously doubt anything will happen) the Texans decide they need a spark in the coaching staff

If I recall he is still the defensive assistant but I don't ever hear much about him..

Ray Ray got a bad ticker. He don't want none of that.

Theory/idea/question over.

Nice try, though ;)

Hagar
10-18-2010, 12:03 AM

I thought he still worked here. Did our defense change?

burro
10-18-2010, 05:50 AM
If the defense is this bad for the entirety of the season than he needs to be let go, plain and simple. If things don't improve, we are going to have a hard time making the post season and if that doesn't happen more than just Frank Bush will be on the pink list.

That said, there is no one that we could plug in in the middle of the season that we could reasonably expect more from. So, theres no point in causing further disorientation on the defensive side of the ball by trying to transition mid season.

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 08:08 AM
He should be let go today or Bush should be mandated to stop everything he has done to date, and do the opposite. This is unacceptable, the fans deserve better - especially those with more than a two hour commute to the game. :kitten:

BigBull17
10-18-2010, 08:29 AM
He should be let go today or Bush should be mandated to stop everything he has done to date, and do the opposite. This is unacceptable, the fans deserve better - especially those with more than a two hour commute to the game. :kitten:

To play Devils advocate, who can you get mid season to run your D?

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 08:34 AM
To play Devils advocate, who can you get mid season to run your D?

Not taking action blows up the accountability measure Kubiak is trying to instill. Mid season means nothing when the team is on a pace to be the worst ever.

Mr teX
10-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Matt Jackson made a great point this morning regarding Frank Bush & the defense. He essentially said that the only thing that has changed from the last 8 or so games last year & this year regarding Bush & this defense is the fact that we let 2 vet cbs go...everything else is pretty much the same yet last year we finished in the top half of the defense & this year we're bottom feeders.

I only bring this up to say that at some point you've got to start blaming the players for not performing on the field. This is our 2nd d-coordinator in 3 years & we still essentially have the same problems yet everyone still wants to blame the "scheme" & the d-coordinator. there's a common denominator here & its not the coaching staff...

BigBull17
10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Not taking action blows up the accountability measure Kubiak is trying to instill. Mid season means nothing when the team is on a pace to be the worst ever.

But, you cant hire a new DC and instal a Defense over a bye week. I know we don't have much of a scheme, but its alot to install over 2 weeks.

Kaiser Toro
10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
But, you cant hire a new DC and instal a Defense over a bye week. I know we don't have much of a scheme, but its alot to install over 2 weeks.

We are beyond scheme at this point, where is the accountability? Hire internally, and actually send the message to the kids that Kubiak keeps harping on.

Kubiak needs to execute, pun intended.

Mr. White
10-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Matt Jackson made a great point this morning regarding Frank Bush & the defense. He essentially said that the only thing that has changed from the last 8 or so games last year & this year regarding Bush & this defense is the fact that we let 2 vet cbs go...everything else is pretty much the same yet last year we finished in the top half of the defense & this year we're bottom feeders.

I only bring this up to say that at some point you've got to start blaming the players for not performing on the field. This is our 2nd d-coordinator in 3 years & we still essentially have the same problems yet everyone still wants to blame the "scheme" & the d-coordinator. there's a common denominator here & its not the coaching staff...

I agree here. We had a mediocre defense last year with 2 veteran CB's.

Now it's the same scheme without those 2 guys. I agree that's the common denominator, but mediocre is way better than downright incompetent.

Where you and I differ is that the coaching staff had no hand in letting those guys go. Either Gibbs or Bush wanted a new start with the CB's. Anyone with any sense knows that you need a veteran presence at that position.

In all likelihood, this is on Gibbs for not wanting to keep those guys....which means it's on Bush....which means it's on Kubiak.

The best way to un-**** themselves is to get on the phone with Reeves this morning and sweet talk him back onto the roster. If they don't, then they deserve whatever they get.

Mr teX
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM

Now it's the same scheme without those 2 guys. I agree that's the common denominator, but mediocre is way better than downright incompetent.

Where you and I differ is that the coaching staff had no hand in letting those guys go. Either Gibbs or Bush wanted a new start with the CB's. Anyone with any sense knows that you need a veteran presence at that position.

In all likelihood, this is on Gibbs for not wanting to keep those guys....which means it's on Bush....which means it's on Kubiak.

The best way to un-**** themselves is to get on the phone with Reeves this morning and sweet talk him back onto the roster. If they don't, then they deserve whatever they get.

Yeah, i didn't think i would ever be clamoring to have a player like reeves back but at this point i'm willing to say that we've got to get some kind of veteran prescence back there to help out b/c KJ just isn't ready.

Plus, this is the best scenario for us seeing as though he already knows the scheme & he's a veteran guy. That would free us up to see about getting help else where............@ DT perhaps. Maybe we could put something together for Richard Seymour without giving up the farm like we'd have to do if we went after Nmandi Aso.

TexansFanatic
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM

Somewhere ol' Dick is laughing his ass off.

Goldensilence
10-18-2010, 09:50 AM

Real close to getting neg rep there! :pirate:

If the team was staring at a loosing record, there is a chance that Gary would be forced to put someone's head on a platter for media and fans.

Even then the big question comes along who is available mid-season and who on this staff do you think has what it takes to even be an interim DC?

At some point the terrible defensive play overall has to fall on someone aside from just bad play from the players, which don't get me wrong, aren't playing total lights out.

Rick, Gary, and Bush all had a hand in deciding to go so young at CB and not make a move for a legit starting FS (again).

cuppacoffee
10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
KC

Offensive Co-ordinator Charlie Weis (Pretty good OC, been to superbowls)

Defensive Co-ordinator Romeo Crennel (Pretty good DC, been to superbowls)

Pretty good pedigrees, Parcells, Bellichek, four super bowl rings.

KC loss the game.

Maybe the players have more to do with it than we are giving them credit / blame for.

:coffee:

silvrhand
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM

The level of teams we are playing this year compared to last year are laughable.. How many QB's on these team are what you call stellar.. Peyton, and maybe Chad Henne? I'm throwing out NE cause he didn't even really play..

San Francisco 49ers
Buffalo Bills
Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots

Ranger Tom
10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
The defense was able to stop the Chiefs when they absolutely needed to, so the potential is there. But it felt like they could ONLY stop the Chiefs when they absolutely needed to. Just once, I'd like for this team to win in a blowout instead of a showstopper.

Mr. White
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
The level of teams we are playing this year compared to last year are laughable.. How many QB's on these team are what you call stellar.. Peyton, and maybe Chad Henne? I'm throwing out NE cause he didn't even really play..

San Francisco 49ers
Buffalo Bills
Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots

Great point. Not sure how it relates to my post.

Are you saying we don't need experienced players at CB?

If so, the 2005 season agrees with you.

infantrycak
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm throwing out NE cause he didn't even really play.

That is incorrect. Hoyer only played the last series in the first half. Then Brady came back out for the second half and Hoyer only came back into the game for the last drive of the 2nd half. The great majority of that game was played by Brady.

silvrhand
10-18-2010, 10:10 AM
That is incorrect. Hoyer only played the last series in the first half. Then Brady came back out for the second half and Hoyer only came back into the game for the last drive of the 2nd half. The great majority of that game was played by Brady.

Hmm could have sworn they rested their starters quite a bit during that game.. :thinking:

silvrhand
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Great point. Not sure how it relates to my post.

Are you saying we don't need experienced players at CB?

If so, the 2005 season agrees with you.

No, I'm saying that Frank Bush's scheme sucks, it's vanilla and easy to scope out wtf we are doing. We are not what I would consider an attacking defensive team. When you play quality QB's and let them sit back there 3-5 seconds unmolested and show your hand before the snap you are gonna get smoked..

Mr. White
10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
No, I'm saying that Frank Bush's scheme sucks, it's vanilla and easy to scope out wtf we are doing. We are not what I would consider an attacking defensive team. When you play quality QB's and let them sit back there 3-5 seconds unmolested and show your hand before the snap you are gonna get smoked..

It's the same scheme that was effective last year. I agree that it was vanilla, but it worked most of the time.

The personnel is the only thing that's changed.

There's no excuse to give up 400+ yards a game. Agreed that something will need to change in the scheme. We don't have any other choice.

silvrhand
10-18-2010, 10:42 AM
It's the same scheme that was effective last year. I agree that it was vanilla, but it worked most of the time.

There's no excuse to give up 400+ yards a game. Agreed that something will need to change in the scheme. We don't have any other choice.

We didn't really play any QB's that were worth a crap last year in the second half of the year other than Manning.. Brady maybe, and Chad Henne?

Mari-OWNED!
10-18-2010, 10:45 AM

I remember reading somewhere that Rhodes took the job as an assistant because of health issues, and he doesn't want a major job where he has to put in countless hours of hard work in that could put stress on his body.

silvrhand
10-18-2010, 10:46 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Rhodes took the job as an assistant because of health issues, and he doesn't want a major job where he has to put in countless hours of hard work in that could put stress on his body.

This is correct.

infantrycak
10-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Hmm could have sworn they rested their starters quite a bit during that game.. :thinking:

Wilfork and Kevin Faulk did not play that game but obviously Wilfork being out didn't affect Brady.

silvrhand
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Wilfork and Kevin Faulk did not play that game but obviously Wilfork being out didn't affect Brady.

I'm willing to conceded and say ok but still come on they didn't have Wes Welker either after the first quarter. Overall though the level of offensive talent teams we played last year wasn't all that hot, I mean we made David Garrad look like a good QB in week 13 as well...

I just think people have a short memory of how bad then good our defense went last year, we were very inconsistent, and there wasn't much good in the first 4 weeks either..

Hervoyel
10-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Firing Frank Bush right now fixes nothing so there's not much point in doing that. We are who we are for the remainder of the season and then we need to look at what this year looks like in total and make a decision. If we're a lousy defense all year long then Frank should be shown the door. The Texans are either serious about this stuff or they're not. Running a coaching staff where almost nobody on the staff has ever held the level of responsibility they currently hold prior to this job is.... well it's 31st or 32nd place.

We go about this DC crap all wrong. A number of very good defensive minds have become available in the time it's taken us to figure out that Gary Kubiak doesn't know shit about picking himself a DC. We all talk about how "This guy runs a 3-4 so he's off the table" or "He'll want to bring in his own players so no... best stand pat" but if we'd gone out and hired a proven DC to begin with and then let him go get the players he needed to run said system all this change we seem to dread would be over by now.

Second Honeymoon
10-18-2010, 10:54 AM
why this guy got hired is still a mystery to me....

but whatever, we are 4-2 and with the impending lockout, coaching moves will be tough to do this offseason much less in-season. The defense just isn't NFL-caliber. Everything about our defense sucks except Smith has really come along as a competitor and Okoye/Williams, though invisible at times, both have had their moments. No one fears us, that is for sure.

And that sucks because once people know your defense sucks, they start doing things like going for it on 4th down all the time and playing with loads of confidence.

As for Bush's performance, no one needs to say anything. It speaks for itself.

you can pull a guy off the street to play QB against the Kubiak-era defenses and they will have a career day and look like Dan freaking Marino. It's getting old and both his DCs have been bottom of the barrel and cheap. Maybe we should try and get someone with a proven record that can actually coach.

This all being said, the defense has made enough plays to help us get to 4-2, and that is something. Hopefully they can turn it around.

SheTexan
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Kubiak, RS, nor Daddy Bob will fire anyone during the season, so, posts like this are pointless. JMO. BUT, leads to interesting discussion.

Kubiak decided during the off season to STICK with a young, inexperienced secondary, and Kubiak being Kubiak, he will not budge. I have heard him say TOOOOO many times that he believes in them, and he will not change anything. The only thing that will make a difference of some type, might not be better, is if someone gets hurt. Personally, I don't want that to happen. KJ seems to be getting better, and Nolan has been a plus. Pollard can't do it all by himself. The rest are just to damn lazy IMHO and don't hussle enough. Losing Meco in the LB core just might have a positive effect on our D. MAYBE those young dudes won't depend so much on the vets up front to do the job for them. I can't comment much on schemes and that sort of thing, but, I can comment on attitude, and I think most of our D has a lousy attitude. Sometimes I think our secondary has that "wait and see" attitude. Let's just wait and see what Mario, Cush, AS, and Meco do before we make a move. That's a coaching problem IMHO and needs to be fixed. Truthfully, some of those guys are still in the "college" mode, and they need to SNAP out of it. JMO!!

Joe Texan
10-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Y'all need to shut the f up and become a team player, that or step off the wagon just to jump back on after the next win

Second Honeymoon
10-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Y'all need to shut the f up and become a team player, that or step off the wagon just to jump back on after the next win

We need to shut the f up?
I thought this was a public forum..

Wanting to improve the d seems important
Just sayin...I don't think anyone is being a bad fan except maybe yourself

No big deal though, we are all in this together and want the same thing

Go texans

Mr. White
10-18-2010, 11:41 AM

How is that even possible to be a team player when nobody on the board plays for the team?

Is there a bandwagon team that I didn't know about?

thunderkyss
10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Not taking action blows up the accountability measure Kubiak is trying to instill.

This I do agree with. However, just because we don't have a press conference saying what actions were taken, doesn't mean that someone hasn't been held accountable.

Goldensilence
10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
How is that even possible to be a team player when nobody on the board plays for the team?

Is there a bandwagon team that I didn't know about?

Nope just the usual Joe Texan drivel of the day post.

Who needs reason and logic when you can be a "super fan" and just tell everyone to shut the F up?!

Whatever.

Hervoyel
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM

I didn't hear anybody call for a cheerleader? Did you hear someone ask for a cheerleader Joe? If nobody asked for a cheerleaders opinion then what business do you have flapping your gums....err "fingers"?

leebigeztx
10-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't think it's that they are in zone "too much" more than they don't understand zone.

Passing lanes seem to hold no meaning for them. When receivers enter their zone, they don't seem to know what to do, until he catches the ball. It seems like they don't have any peripheral vision.

The two tips, by Adibi & Ryan led to INTs..... made Nolan look like a starter (albeit Wilson probably would've dropped those)... we need more of that.

I made a thread last yr talking about 3 level defense. The opponets passing success isnt just because of the young corners, but it has more to do with the lb's other than cushing are terrible in coverage. Demeco and diles especially.

Linebacker coverage is so importat because they are suppose to sqeeze the windows between the wr,cb,and qb. Notice how davis and clark killed the texans on simple seam routes? Look at the top 5 defense and you will see lb's who understand route combinations against leverage. Thats why i said they shouldve brought adelius thomas couldve filled multiple roles on this team. He's very good in coverage and a very good blitzer. He's a joker and that would really work when trying to create pressure on opposing offenses. He can also play all 3 lb's spots and would be a better option on 3rd down nickel than ryans. Thats why the giants went and signed boley. He is one of the best lb's in coverage. Since teams use 3 wrs over 60% of the snaps, a cover lb is sorely missing. Now that ryans is hurt, they should bring thomas in for a workout.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 06:35 AM

One thing I find interesting, is that many people thought we would go 2-2 or 1-3 over the first 4 games of the season, because of missing Brian Cushing. I suppose they felt that we would go 1-3 or 2-2 while dominating the other team on defense.

I think we got ourselves into some bad habits trying to compensate for Cush & the rook..... & we just need to break our selves of those habits. I think we'll see our old defense after the bye.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 06:56 AM

Agreed.

People want to get on me for saying that our problem is the offense, not the defense. They are ok with the "easy" answer, the answer the stats point to.

IMHO, you have to look at who our head coach is, and how our team is built.

Kubiak came from Denver & San Francisco. Their defenses only looked good (great??) because of the offense. Get ahead early on the score board, shut down the run, get after the QB. That's the way it was done. If we can get out early on offense, our small quick defensive line will get you a 3 & out. They've done it this year several times, giving the offense the ball, giving us an opportunity to get on the board, tie the game, or take the lead.

You don't go down by 24 points, (or whatever we spotted Washington) then come back to tie, then take the lead, unless the defense gets a few stops in there somewhere.

We've got a DL with 4 quarter horses.... no thoroughbreds. We aren't built to spend 40+ minutes on the field on defense. I know, you're saying if they get their 3 & outs, they won't be on the field...... check the play by play, go watch the games again.... it's ridiculous how many opportunities our offense had to put points on the board, yet they couldn't get a first down.

Kubiak is playing it up, letting the media jump all over his defense, allowing the offense to figure it out, without a lot of outside pressure. The defense is taking one for the team.

But our problem is on offense.

Show me a game where Schaub & the O click coming out of the gate, & I swear you will see a dominating defensive performance.

Understand the Colts game was game 1 without Cushing & with a rookie CB..... but any game after week 3, if our O would have showed up early, we would have seen a show.

Joe Texan
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
We need to shut the f up?
I thought this was a public forum..

Wanting to improve the d seems important
Just sayin...I don't think anyone is being a bad fan except maybe yourself

No big deal though, we are all in this together and want the same thing

Go texans

All of your couch drivel is giving me a headache, Yall couldn't defend yourselves out of a wet paper bag so STFU. And I am sorry Herv I do not take up your bad habbits of wearing womens skirts around cheering that all is good and save the poor little stray dogs.

This is the team we have and unless Kubes, lets his staff talk him into getting another player then your drivle is crap. We have a young defense and we have a young team and we will make mistakes, the important thing is they are overcoming the mistakes to win the game and here you all are saying fire a coach. kinda pathetic if you ask me. I bet all of you camp fire girls could not wait to start a Fire somebody thread, Well congratulations, you have started one and it is a great reflection of just why you all sit on a couch while the coach keeps his job.

Malloy
10-19-2010, 07:57 AM
I think that perhaps the problem is that our D is vanilla like last year, teams are picking up on it, and then they have the entire 16 games to look at from last year to spot tendencies.

One of the same reasons second year players faces adversity, people have had 1 year to check them out.

just my 0.02...

bckey
10-19-2010, 08:11 AM

If they are on here discussing the Texans I think they are more than just your average fan. You only want positive things said about this team 100% of the time and that just isn't reality. We understand that you Joe will always tow the company line and thats ok. Just don't expect everyone else to. People are different and have different opinions.

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 08:21 AM
All of your couch drivel is giving me a headache, Yall couldn't defend yourselves out of a wet paper bag so STFU. And I am sorry Herv I do not take up your bad habbits of wearing womens skirts around cheering that all is good and save the poor little stray dogs.

This is the team we have and unless Kubes, lets his staff talk him into getting another player then your drivle is crap. We have a young defense and we have a young team and we will make mistakes, the important thing is they are overcoming the mistakes to win the game and here you all are saying fire a coach. kinda pathetic if you ask me. I bet all of you camp fire girls could not wait to start a Fire somebody thread, Well congratulations, you have started one and it is a great reflection of just why you all sit on a couch while the coach keeps his job.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that a man who can barely make himself understood feels it's his responsibility to tell everyone to shut the **** up? You're like a HOF member of the needs to STFU club Joe. I can count on one hand the number of times you've ever said anything coherent in here that wasn't about tailgating. Granted you've got a masters degree in parking, eating, and drinking.

The Texans cheerleaders are paid to cheer through rain or shine. What's your excuse for not seeing the same defense for the 5TH YEAR IN A ROW and telling everyone else it's going to be fine?

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Agreed.

People want to get on me for saying that our problem is the offense, not the defense. They are ok with the "easy" answer, the answer the stats point to.

IMHO, you have to look at who our head coach is, and how our team is built.

Kubiak came from Denver & San Francisco. Their defenses only looked good (great??) because of the offense. Get ahead early on the score board, shut down the run, get after the QB. That's the way it was done. If we can get out early on offense, our small quick defensive line will get you a 3 & out. They've done it this year several times, giving the offense the ball, giving us an opportunity to get on the board, tie the game, or take the lead.

You don't go down by 24 points, (or whatever we spotted Washington) then come back to tie, then take the lead, unless the defense gets a few stops in there somewhere.

We've got a DL with 4 quarter horses.... no thoroughbreds. We aren't built to spend 40+ minutes on the field on defense. I know, you're saying if they get their 3 & outs, they won't be on the field...... check the play by play, go watch the games again.... it's ridiculous how many opportunities our offense had to put points on the board, yet they couldn't get a first down.

Kubiak is playing it up, letting the media jump all over his defense, allowing the offense to figure it out, without a lot of outside pressure. The defense is taking one for the team.

But our problem is on offense.

Show me a game where Schaub & the O click coming out of the gate, & I swear you will see a dominating defensive performance.

Understand the Colts game was game 1 without Cushing & with a rookie CB..... but any game after week 3, if our O would have showed up early, we would have seen a show.

Don't want to toot my own horn, but I think this thread needs to get back on track.

Texanmike02
10-19-2010, 08:38 AM

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that a man who can barely make himself understood feels it's his responsibility to tell everyone to shut the **** up? You're like a HOF member of the needs to STFU club Joe. I can count on one hand the number of times you've ever said anything coherent in here that wasn't about tailgating.

The Texans cheerleaders are paid to cheer through rain or shine. What's your excuse for not seeing the same defense for the 5TH YEAR IN A ROW and telling everyone else it's going to be fine?

OK. Is there a line anywhere? Is this thread somehow exempt from it? Sorry guys but SERIOUSLY. If you don't like each other that's fine. I've got personal rivalries with people but this is a little beyond "lets be fans". I'm not a mod but umm... if I'M calling you out for going to far? That's kind of like Vick saying "You shouldn't treat dogs like that"... yeah, time to examine yourself lol.

Mike

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Look, this is how it works. Nobody can respond to Joe Texan with the truth because he's Joe Texan and that's what he does. If somebody wants to come along and clean this up I don't care. If they want to put me on a time out for throwing the poo that this guy flings back at him then fine. I can find other things to do for the duration.

People are going to say things you don't agree with. What's wrong with "Well I don't agree with that" or "Well I don't agree with that and here's why...."? The answer is nothing is wrong with that.

If you can't do that then how about "I don't like this thread, don't agree with it, and I'm not posting in it"?

That's even better but for some people nothing works as well as "STFU you lousy fans". So if I'm going too far because I'm saying "No, YOU STFU" then so be it.

Joe Texan
10-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that a man who can barely make himself understood feels it's his responsibility to tell everyone to shut the **** up? You're like a HOF member of the needs to STFU club Joe. I can count on one hand the number of times you've ever said anything coherent in here that wasn't about tailgating. Granted you've got a masters degree in parking, eating, and drinking.

I see the defense but saying fire the coach is pathetic, every one in this thread knows it takes more than whats going on to fire anybody on this team. And like it or not we have found a way to win more than lose But we still hear Fire the coach. Its the Defense fault even though they are on the feild twice as long as the offense. Maybe if you would spend more time looking at what the team is actually doing instead of watching a googly eyed at my every move you could come up with something better than another failed attempt to discredit me. I see we got problems but I will not become a team basher to get my point across. I am well aware that the head coach had better produce or they will all be gone but fact is they are performing and we got a whole thread of I know better couch coaches saying fire the coach. If any of you were really into the fixing of this team you would can this thread and make a thread titled "How to help the Defense" or something but no everyone of you guys could not wait to jump on th fire somebody thread and there is no way you can get out of that.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Reading over the PC transcript this kind of caught my attention. We have all but one player back on defense from last season and they've regressed. What does that tell you? Coaching? The bolded sounds like a half-assed calling out of Bush if you ask me. Will Bush see it that way? Probably not, but he should

(on why things such as missed tackles are the biggest problem so far) “That’s the puzzling thing for us. That’s a good question or comment. The puzzling thing for us, we have the same guys. Other than (CB) Kareem (Jackson), we’ve got the same group of guys. We’re doing the same things, but yet we’ve regressed in some areas. That’s what is real concerning for us right now and so we’re addressing it as coaches. We addressed it with the team this morning. We watched the film as a team and talked about it as a team. We’ve got to get them feeling good about what we’re doing and why were’ doing it and then we’ve got to go do it better. It’s a problem that we all have to solve, not one of us or two of us.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Kubiak-on-linebacker-options-bye-week-plans/571c4391-59e7-40af-8063-c6b84b00c9c6

Texanmike02
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Look, this is how it works. Nobody can respond to Joe Texan with the truth because he's Joe Texan and that's what he does. If somebody wants to come along and clean this up I don't care. If they want to put me on a time out for throwing the poo that this guy flings back at him then fine. I can find other things to do for the duration.

People are going to say things you don't agree with. What's wrong with "Well I don't agree with that" or "Well I don't agree with that and here's why...."? The answer is nothing is wrong with that.

If you can't do that then how about "I don't like this thread, don't agree with it, and I'm not posting in it"?

That's even better but for some people nothing works as well as "STFU you lousy fans". So if I'm going too far because I'm saying "No, YOU STFU" then so be it.

I think what I'm saying, and btw this should be something said in private in my opinion... is how about addressing THAT in private. Joe's a solid guy, I don't always agree with what he says and have made comments in private. If you didn't like what he said... that's fine. There is also always the ignore button. I've got 3 people on ignore to date. I hate using it... but it has made my experience much better. If you continually feel the need to attack someone personally, I'd suggest trying it.

Just a suggestion.

Mike

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Somewhere ol' Dick is laughing his ass off.

As a linebacker coach for Carolina?? I seriously doubt it!! :kitten:

Blake
10-19-2010, 08:58 AM

Lol must spread rep. Classic post.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Reading over the PC transcript this kind of caught my attention. We have all but one player back on defense from last season and they've regressed. What does that tell you? Coaching? The bolded sounds like a half-assed calling out of Bush if you ask me. Will Bush see it that way? Probably not, but he should

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Kubiak-on-linebacker-options-bye-week-plans/571c4391-59e7-40af-8063-c6b84b00c9c6

Well yeah, there is that. Now add in the fact that we're without our Pro Bowl MLB!!! :wadepalm:

silvrhand
10-19-2010, 09:08 AM
My problem with our defense is simple..

In the famous words of Ruby Rhod..

"It was bad! It had nothing, no fire, no energy, no nothing! You know I have a show to run here, you know? And, it must pop, pop, pop! So, tomorrow, from five to seven, will you please act like you have move than a two word vocabulary! It must be green, okay? Okay?"

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/elenor911/rubymotiv.jpg

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Well yeah, there is that. Now add in the fact that we're without our Pro Bowl MLB!!! :wadepalm:

Thanks for the reminder, asswipe. ;)

Hey, we've got the M.A.S.H. unit backing D-Ryans so we should be......*sigh*....screwed

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I see the defense but saying fire the coach is pathetic, every one in this thread knows it takes more than whats going on to fire anybody on this team. And like it or not we have found a way to win more than lose But we still hear Fire the coach. Its the Defense fault even though they are on the feild twice as long as the offense. Maybe if you would spend more time looking at what the team is actually doing instead of watching a googly eyed at my every move you could come up with something better than another failed attempt to discredit me. I see we got problems but I will not become a team basher to get my point across. I am well aware that the head coach had better produce or they will all be gone but fact is they are performing and we got a whole thread of I know better couch coaches saying fire the coach. If any of you were really into the fixing of this team you would can this thread and make a thread titled "How to help the Defense" or something but no everyone of you guys could not wait to jump on th fire somebody thread and there is no way you can get out of that.

If you'd actually read the thread you're bitching about you would see that much of it is about what can be done to help the defense. Still more of it is wisecracks (some of them pretty good) about firing people or making changes to the defense. Only a part of it is about literally firing Frank Bush and even those posts are a little deeper than just "FIRE HIM BECAUSE FIRE HIM!"

Nobody has to try to discredit you Joe. You're Joe Texan, that's what you do.

silvrhand
10-19-2010, 09:24 AM

Joe from my view the defense lacks creativity and effectiveness which is a direct result of the scheme and coach. We have the talent, if we don't then we have failed at many levels all the way up to the GM. Personally when a QB lines up and already knows what he's going to do in a few seconds, which was REALLY obvious during the Giants game it's a coaching problem. Now that it's mid season I'm about 99.9% sure you don't want to install a new defense but you have to be a LOT more aggressive and find ways to make it work.

IMHO Kubiak is very stubborn and low risk coach..

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reminder, asswipe. ;)

Hey, we've got the M.A.S.H. unit backing D-Ryans so we should be......*sigh*....screwed

Why I gotta be an asswipe!! :heh:

GP
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM

Just rep'd you.

You went from 2204 to 2227. A 23-point bump. I think that's the biggest jump I've ever seen when I rep someone.

Let's face it, Herv...some people like to engage in conversation. Some like to lurk and just watch. And then there is the one person who never adds anything to the conversation, except for repeated one-liners that are like drive-by shootings: POW! and then the car speeds off down the street.

Unless you call the guy on it, and then all of a sudden he feels like elaborating on the topic. What I can't figure out is why it takes him being called out before he actually puts forth his thoughts on things. Is it laziness? Or is it a guy who wants to be the judge and hand down a one-sentence verdict without explaining himself?

Whatever it is, it has gotten old. To the point where I made a fake news story and Joe Texan couldn't even sort it out on the first try.

(Sigh)

The Texans family is a diverse mix of personalities, that's for sure.

Dread-Head
10-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Defense wins championships. The Texans manage to win IN SPITE of their defense, not because of them.

GP
10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
If you'd actually read the thread you're bitching about you would see that much of it is about what can be done to help the defense. Still more of it is wisecracks (some of them pretty good) about firing people or making changes to the defense. Only a part of it is about literally firing Frank Bush and even those posts are a little deeper than just "FIRE HIM BECAUSE FIRE HIM!"

Nobody has to try to discredit you Joe. You're Joe Texan, that's what you do.

You're putting on a clinic, Herv.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Defense wins championships. The Texans manage to win IN SPITE of their defense, not because of them.

If our defense didn't stand up & stop the Redskins in the second half, or overtime, we wouldn't have won that game.

If we didn't get two stops to end the game against Kansas City, we wouldn't have won that game.

We need our offense to participate in the first half of these games.

It's not all on the defense, not even close.

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 10:11 AM
If our defense didn't stand up & stop the Redskins in the second half, or overtime, we wouldn't have won that game.

If we didn't get two stops to end the game against Kansas City, we wouldn't have won that game.

We need our offense to participate in the first half of these games.

It's not all on the defense, not even close.

Both sides of the ball have issues right now but the defense is the glaring problem. I'd say clearly the vast majority of the problems are on that side of the ball. To borrow your line "It's not even close".

We aren't getting pressure on the QB and we aren't getting nearly enough sacks. We aren't creating turnovers at anything approaching an acceptable level either. We need to be able to collapse the pocket from the inside and nobody on our team has the physical ability to do this. Thus far our coaches don't seem to have been able to work out how to teach the guys we do have playing DT how to magically get past the opponents offensive line so.... there we are.

With a pass rush and real, consistent pressure we can help our corners and linebackers in coverage. We can begin to disrupt the timing of the offense and create a few more turnovers. You're right that our offense hasn't always joined the show from the start of the game. That doesn't help our problems on defense but neither is it wholely responsible for them.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Why I gotta be an asswipe!! :heh:

It sounded cool

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
It sounded cool

:thinking: Not so much! :truck:

silvrhand
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
:thinking: Not so much! :truck:

Come on Bill we know this is not the first time you have probably been called that :)

:roast:

Second Honeymoon
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM

you do realize this FIRE KUBIAK thread is about as old as your tired act, right?

just keep being a one trick pony who thinks he is cool for some reason. trust me, you're not.

personally, i think everyone is being pretty positive about the team. no we may not hold the blind Hitler Youth loyalty that you show, but that is because we actually have a brain and use it.

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 10:33 AM
you do realize this FIRE KUBIAK thread is about as old as your tired act, right?

just keep being a one trick pony who thinks he is cool for some reason. trust me, you're not.

personally, i think everyone is being pretty positive about the team. no we may not hold the blind Hitler Youth loyalty that you show, but that is because we actually have a brain and use it.

:lol:

Not trying to get involved in the Craigslist-esqu Rant and Rave flame war that is going on here, but I found that comment hilarious!! rep for that...

Mr teX
10-19-2010, 10:38 AM
& that's pretty bad considering its 2nd HM saying this..

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 10:46 AM

Did you just drop a Hitler Youth reference...? Awesome.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 11:11 AM

:spit: SH calling someone out for their tired act!!

That's funny right there!!! It's amazing that he wasn't able to mix in a "Bob McNair is cheap" take. That would've made the post absolutely flawless!!

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 11:19 AM

This is the Fire Frank Bush thread. Just thought I'd point that out for some reason.

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 11:23 AM
:spit: SH calling someone out for their tired act!!

That's funny right there!!! It's amazing that he wasn't able to mix in a "Bob McNair is cheap" take. That would've made the post absolutely flawless!!

Well now that you mention it I am kind of tired of Bob McNair and his tired "I'm Cheap" act.

:bender:

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Well now that you mention it I am kind of tired of Bob McNair and his tired "I'm Cheap" act.

Yep, if McNair had a hair on his ass he would've brought in Peppers, Haynesworth, Marshall, Dansby, Vandenbosch, Kampman, Benson, LT, etc

Kaiser Toro
10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
This is the Fire Frank Bush thread. Just thought I'd point that out for some reason.

The forum almost blew up with the crossing of the streams

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 11:29 AM

:lol:

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Yep, if McNair had a hair on his ass he would've brought in Peppers, Haynesworth, Marshall, Dansby, Vandenbosch, Kampman, Benson, LT, etc

You lost me at VandenDouche.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 11:31 AM

Sadly, it's just not the same when SH doesn't work it in himself... *sigh*

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Are we doing that now? Is this now a Fire Kubiak thread with just a subtle hint of "Bob McNair's cheap" topped with a big ol' "STFU you looser fans"?

Cause if we're on a Fire Kubiak run then I'm posting this

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/mcnair2.jpg

I am not the artist. I'm nowhere near this good. Here's a link for the artist. He's excellent.

http://www.caiocacau.com/

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Are we doing that now? Is this now a Fire Kubiak thread with just a subtle hint of "Bob McNair's cheap" topped with a big ol' "STFU you looser fans"?

Cause if we're on a Fire Kubiak run then I'm posting this

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/mcnair2.jpg

I am not the artist. I'm nowhere near this good. Here's a link for the artist. He's excellent.

http://www.caiocacau.com/

LMFAO!! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Both sides of the ball have issues right now but the defense is the glaring problem. I'd say clearly the vast majority of the problems are on that side of the ball. To borrow your line "It's not even close".

I think our defense has shown they can play extremely well in spurts.

I believe if we fix our offensive problems, our defensive issues will disappear.

Hervoyel
10-19-2010, 11:56 AM
I think our defense has shown they can play extremely well in spurts.

I believe if we fix our offensive problems, our defensive issues will disappear.

I'll go as far as "get better". I think "disappear" is overly optimistic. The defensive line still won't get much pressure and the young cornerbacks are still going to get picked on more than they should because of it. Our guys can't get to the QB when they're winded from being on the field too much but they also don't exactly scare him to death when they're fresh either.

Second Honeymoon
10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
For the record, I have been pretty damn optimistic about this team and why not? We are 4-2 but I just hope they can fix the defense asap

I just don't know if bush is the guy that is going to do it. He hasn't shown me much to get excited about but his d has made enough plays to help us reach 4-2

McNair is cheap... That was for bill ;)

JB
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
For the record, I have been pretty damn optimistic about this team and why not? We are 4-2 but I just hope they can fix the defense asap

I just don't know if bush is the guy that is going to do it. He hasn't shown me much to get excited about but his d has made enough plays to help us reach 4-2

McNair is cheap... That was for bill ;)

After the 5th game last year, people were raving about how well the defense under Bush looked compared to Smith's. The players are certainly not playing well, and I am not sure why. Part of it may be that Bush is trying to throw wrinkles in that the players are not comfortable with, or they are thinking too much. Maybe that is what Kubiak meant by needing to simplfy. If they don't turn it around, then yeah, Bush needs to be gone.

Joe Texan
10-19-2010, 11:08 PM

Probably had a second honeymoon cause you were too busy the first one trying to find an old used up dead dictator to reference to me. Fire Kubiak and Fire Bush threads this early in the season for a team that is 4 and 2 is not only pathetic but down right stupid. It sure is fasinating to see how I get your panties in a wad by saying so also. Yall can keep your seats on the couch while I stand behind the Texans and hope for a playoff run this season.

El Tejano
10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
OK I'm not one for posting in these kind of threads. I'm thinking that a very significant improvement has to be made for Frank Bush to keep his job. There's no excuse for what we are seeing out there.

Kaiser Toro
10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
OK I'm not one for posting in these kind of threads. I'm thinking that a very significant improvement has to be made for Frank Bush to keep his job. There's no excuse for what we are seeing out there.
http://nowsourcing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

GP
10-19-2010, 11:36 PM

You asked for it...

Don't Cross The Streams (and it ain't what you think!) LOL!!!! (http://vimeo.com/8109581)

Blazin' Toro
10-20-2010, 12:03 AM
This is how Kubiak feels about this thread.

:kubepalm:

Hahah, sorry I had to use it.

Second Honeymoon
10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Probably had a second honeymoon cause you were too busy the first one trying to find an old used up dead dictator to reference to me. Fire Kubiak and Fire Bush threads this early in the season for a team that is 4 and 2 is not only pathetic but down right stupid. It sure is fasinating to see how I get your panties in a wad by saying so also. Yall can keep your seats on the couch while I stand behind the Texans and hope for a playoff run this season.

"my name is Joe and I am from Texas
and I got spirit, so check my out"

*shakes pom poms*

if you must know, the 2nd honeymoon was in reference to my 2nd honeymoon with the team and with this board. i was here when this board first started and I got banned for being a bit vitriolic. my first user name was 'honeymoon is over' when this board first started, as in 'the honeymoon is over with this team, its time to win'....so please keep your divorce smack to yourself. i am happily married and have 2 fine young daughters who I would never leave without a father.

oh and newsflash, these threads are years old. no one just started these.

but go grab your pompoms and do some more cheers for us, 'super fan'.

Hervoyel
10-20-2010, 10:28 AM
My problem with our defense is simple..

In the famous words of Ruby Rhod..

"It was bad! It had nothing, no fire, no energy, no nothing! You know I have a show to run here, you know? And, it must pop, pop, pop! So, tomorrow, from five to seven, will you please act like you have move than a two word vocabulary! It must be green, okay? Okay?"

<excellent picture>

In all that yesteday I somehow missed reading this post. Too bad, that was funny.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/Supergreen-1.jpg

JT
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDa5M8_vcSE

Second Honeymoon and others tired of this hack, I watch this everytime that buffoon Joe Texan rants, I just watch him get owned and rant like a jackass...

Mr teX
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Second Honeymoon and others tired of this hack, I watch this everytime that buffoon Joe Texan rants, I just watch him get owned and rant like a jackass...

Damn, after watching that i couldn't help but think Joe Texan & pancake just kind of go together!

MannyFresh
10-20-2010, 04:28 PM

LOL, i never knew that was out there on YouTube, I was at that event.

RipTraxx
10-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Im not saying fire Frank, but there is a lack of logic here.

You mean to tell me you'll blitz Peyton ALL DAY LONG, But play vanilla against Eli, Romo, and Cassel?

Makes no sense.

DerekLee1
10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I think the losses of Barwin and Bulman have hurt us more than we realized. Barwin is the second best pass rusher on the team. When he went down, Peyton and every other QB rolling through town has had all day to find an open receiver. With the talent level of receivers in this league, you give a QB more than 4 seconds, and he's GOING to find somebody. I think the problem with the D is more on the pass rush than the secondary. I'm not cutting the secondary any slack here, mind you, but a good pass rush makes even average defensive backs look great.

JB
10-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I think the losses of Barwin and Bulman have hurt us more than we realized. Barwin is the second best pass rusher on the team. When he went down, Peyton and every other QB rolling through town has had all day to find an open receiver. With the talent level of receivers in this league, you give a QB more than 4 seconds, and he's GOING to find somebody. I think the problem with the D is more on the pass rush than the secondary. I'm not cutting the secondary any slack here, mind you, but a good pass rush makes even average defensive backs look great.

I have to disagree with you here. The Texans have been getting pressure on any qb that had to hold the ball 3 sec. or more. Most of the damage has been done in the short intermediate routes where the qb can get rid of the ball quick.

We definitely need more push up the middle, and Cody did pretty good this last game. But I really think that our lb group has been our biggest deficit. They do not have the confidence they had at the end of last year. And without 'Meco, it is going to be hard for them to get it back. Gotta hope that Bently or Sharpton steps up big time, or the offense will have to carry us through. I think we can do well against the run, but screens, draws & dump offs are going to kill us if the lb group doesn't gel.

Joe Texan
10-20-2010, 10:06 PM
if you must know, the 2nd honeymoon was in reference to my 2nd honeymoon with the team and with this board. i was here when this board first started and I got banned for being a bit vitriolic. my first user name was 'honeymoon is over' when this board first started, as in 'the honeymoon is over with this team, its time to win'....so please keep your divorce smack to yourself. i am happily married and have 2 fine young daughters who I would never leave without a father.

we might have to let those kids know how daddy fantacizes about Joe Texan in a chearleader outfit. ANd if youve been banned once it is quite possible it could happen again, maybe for personal attacks.

Seems you need to be investigated for stalking, and just so you know I got the football and the Tickets so enjoy while its free. Those sure are big words you use what you learned them in school, Like I said Personal attacks will get you nowhere on this board.

Blake
10-21-2010, 09:36 AM
"my name is Joe and I am from Texas
and I got spirit, so check my out"

*shakes pom poms*

but go grab your pompoms and do some more cheers for us, 'super fan'.

we might have to let those kids know how daddy fantacizes about Joe Texan in a chearleader outfit. ANd if youve been banned once it is quite possible it could happen again, maybe for personal attacks.
Seems you need to be investigated for stalking, and just so you know I got the football and the Tickets so enjoy while its free. Those sure are big words you use what you learned them in school, Like I said Personal attacks will get you nowhere on this board.

I found a picture of cheerleader joe texan online.

http://ynottony.com/cheerleader.jpg

Goatcheese
10-21-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY

BigBull17
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I have to disagree with you here. The Texans have been getting pressure on any qb that had to hold the ball 3 sec. or more. Most of the damage has been done in the short intermediate routes where the qb can get rid of the ball quick.

We definitely need more push up the middle, and Cody did pretty good this last game. But I really think that our lb group has been our biggest deficit. They do not have the confidence they had at the end of last year. And without 'Meco, it is going to be hard for them to get it back. Gotta hope that Bently or Sharpton steps up big time, or the offense will have to carry us through. I think we can do well against the run, but screens, draws & dump offs are going to kill us if the lb group doesn't gel.

Cody is what he is, a run stuffer. He isn't great against the pass, but I think is pretty decent DT. Zerokoye is a way bigger problem.

OzzO
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
...ANd if youve been banned once it is quite possible it could happen again, maybe for personal attacks....

.... Like I said Personal attacks will get you nowhere on this board.

Careful what you wish for / preach.

All of your couch drivel is giving me a headache, Yall couldn't defend yourselves out of a wet paper bag so STFU. And I am sorry Herv I do not take up your bad habbits of wearing womens skirts around cheering ....

Probably had a second honeymoon cause you were too busy the first one trying to find an old used up dead dictator to reference to me. ....

we might have to let those kids know how daddy fantacizes about Joe Texan in a chearleader outfit......

As for the topic of the thread... not 100% sure if this is a Frank Bush thing or just an "advanced scheme" thing. Relatively same players and coaches as last year and they turned it on after 3 games or so. What's changed over the offseason and so far this season that they come out relatively flat and quite a bit worse 6 games into the season?

Defintely a head scratcher (since there's a few other related threads on defense) - what seems to make most sense was mentioned in another thread on lack of trust in teammates on doing their duty and staying in their spot / playing role that it may be just a "gotta cover for someone else" when that person is not doing job one first.

Joe Texan
10-21-2010, 10:32 PM
I found a picture of cheerleader joe texan online.

http://ynottony.com/cheerleader.jpg

looks like a self portrait of you nice work

you should post yourself in boob of the day

GP
10-22-2010, 12:22 AM

In my best Ron Jaworski voice:

"Let's see what happened on the play. You will see Joe has a big hat. It's way bigger than a hat should be. The hat gives him initial momentum into the blocker. But that's where things start to unravel for Joe. His hat causes him to loose control of his feet. And he fails to win the hand-fighting battle at the point of attack. Joe obviously has bad technique there. He then lets the blocker get under his arm pits. And he got pushed. Clear out of the play. He tries to argue with the officials. After the play. But the crew does not see things Joe's way."

LOL. I need David Anderson to narrate that as a YouTube response.

GP
10-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Just so you know, Joe, that post I just made was NOT actually Ron Jaworski commentating on your pass rushing technique.

It was just another of my "toilet" posts, as you call them.

Just wanted to get that cleared up before you hit the submit button too quickly. On a more serious note, I thought you really churned your legs well on that play and you almost had him...but he got under your shoulder pads and that's where the leverage comes into play. The blocker was legal: It was a good no-call by the officiating crew.

:texflag:

TexansWest
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
This should have happened along time ago!! His defense couldn't cover me, 5' 8' 210lbs, on a go route. I can't believe there isn't a better defensive coordinator available, even this late in the season.

texansdrummer
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
With all of the talk about firing GK, I'm maybe just a little surprised that there hasn't been more of a vocal call for Frank Bush's head. After all, THAT is where the overwhelming problem lies. We (literally) can't get any worse on defense, so why not make a change there and see what happens? FB came on last season and raised our defensive performance. I think it's highly likely that his message has worn out its welcome. That result is typical of people who are high on hype and low on substance. They can create a little improvement for a limited time, but long-term success is rarely achieved.

I've been a generally very positive fan, but the longer FB has a job, the more pissed I become at GK. Seriously, GK....are you willing to take the bullet for FB?

Do it......NOW.

Goatcheese
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
It's kind of a "gos without saying" type of situation.

http://i51.tinypic.com/9vhwjo.jpg

DerekLee1
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I'd be willing to keep Kubiak around for another year if they fired Bush and hired a solid DC (Wade Phillips, anyone?)

Wolf
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I haven't seen any quotes from Kubiak yet on why he went for it on 4th when they were in field goal range.. however, I did think that they needed to just take the 3 points while you have a basic chip shot but I was also thinking "well I don't blame them for going for it, the defense is getting drilled.. a first down here would eat some more time and keep the defense off the field and also 4 new downs to try to get 7"

texansdrummer
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I haven't seen any quotes from Kubiak yet on why he went for it on 4th when they were in field goal range.. however, I did think that they needed to just take the 3 points while you have a basic chip shot but I was also thinking "well I don't blame them for going for it, the defense is getting drilled.. a first down here would eat some more time and keep the defense off the field and also 4 new downs to try to get 7"

Yes.....there's no way you could have rationally trusted the defense, so I'd have to say that I can't blame him for that either. I remember seeing quotes from our offense that state that they need to score at least 30 points to win. That is unacceptable. We can't do any worse. Make a change, now.

eriadoc
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
When the Texans defense was so bad that Richard Smith had to be fired, Kubiak promoted a coach from that same atrocious defensive unit. So it's all on Kubiak. He had a track record with Frank Bush, he knew what Frank Bush was about, and he made the decision to promote from within without even seriously considering an external candidate.

It's like when Capers promoted the OL coach (OL coach!!) after firing Palmer. It's just not smart.

RTP2110
11-08-2010, 07:39 PM
24 27 27 24 34 31 30 29

I bet everyone knows exactly what those numbers without thinking twice.

dalemurphy
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
I just reviewed the game on DVR and we are working on some video at TBB. Anyway, you know who really, really sucks?:

Mario Williams!

DerekLee1
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
24 27 27 24 34 31 30 29

i bet everyone knows exactly what those numbers without thinking twice.

34 24 41 35 45

silvrhand
11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
With all of the talk about firing GK, I'm maybe just a little surprised that there hasn't been more of a vocal call for Frank Bush's head. After all, THAT is where the overwhelming problem lies. We (literally) can't get any worse on defense, so why not make a change there and see what happens? FB came on last season and raised our defensive performance. I think it's highly likely that his message has worn out its welcome. That result is typical of people who are high on hype and low on substance. They can create a little improvement for a limited time, but long-term success is rarely achieved.

I've been a generally very positive fan, but the longer FB has a job, the more pissed I become at GK. Seriously, GK....are you willing to take the bullet for FB?

Do it......NOW.

Gary has already had his chance to fire the DC, and hire a new one and that's what he did he hired Frank Bush. You only get to fire one DC before it's your head.

Goatcheese
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
When the Texans defense was so bad that Richard Smith had to be fired, Kubiak promoted a coach from that same atrocious defensive unit. So it's all on Kubiak. He had a track record with Frank Bush, he knew what Frank Bush was about, and he made the decision to promote from within without even seriously considering an external candidate.

It's like when Capers promoted the OL coach (OL coach!!) after firing Palmer. It's just not smart.

If Kubiak is going to come back next year he can't have any say in who we bring in to replace Bush. I can't take another Friend of Kubiak tm sitting around being Mr. Untouchable.

Wolf6151
11-08-2010, 08:26 PM
When Kubiak fired Richard Smith he had the opportunity to hire a real DC like Gregg Williams, who wound up going to New Orleans and creating a Super Bowl winning defense. Instead Kubiak took no interviews, made no effort to look outside the organization, and hired his friend Frank Bush. I think Kubiak wants a bunch of yes men around him, those that won't disagree with him or threaten his tenure as HC if he fails to succeed. Now he's got a group of subservient coaches and we suck. Bush may suck as a DC but Kubiak is the one that hired him and put his faith in him and now Bush is the albatross around Kubiak's neck.

dalemurphy
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
When Kubiak fired Richard Smith he had the opportunity to hire a real DC like Gregg Williams, who wound up going to New Orleans and creating a Super Bowl winning defense. Instead Kubiak took no interviews, made no effort to look outside the organization, and hired his friend Frank Bush. I think Kubiak wants a bunch of yes men around him, those that won't disagree with him or threaten his tenure as HC if he fails to succeed. Now he's got a group of subservient coaches and we suck. Bush may suck as a DC but Kubiak is the one that hired him and put his faith in him and now Bush is the albatross around Kubiak's neck.

I did not have a problem with the hire. I believe a head coach should have the right to hire his coordinators. Furthermore, I believe that sometimes an inexperienced hire may be the best one. However, it is failing miserably and Kubiak is undoubtedly responsible for it. I agree that Bush's failing is Kubiak's failing.

Wolf
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM
:thinking: from last July

Frank Bush And The Aggressive Defense That Never Was: A Case Study Of Good 4-3 Defenses (http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/7/15/1566975/frank-bush-and-the-aggressive)

eriadoc
11-08-2010, 08:41 PM
:thinking: from last July

Damn good read. My favorite paragraph from the article:

As others have pointed out in the past, the Texans defense seems to try to walk a tightrope between Cover 2 and the 4-3 under. The linebackers are too skilled and tall to be Cover 2 "guys", but the tackles are too light to hold the nose in a 4-3 under. The base formation is the 4-3 under, yet Bush seems to play just as much zone defense as his predecessor, despite the secondary performing markedly worse whilst doing it. When the Texans played the Colts, they didn't even bother with the 4-3 and went straight to Cover 2 Shell for the entire game. Paraphrasing from a CBS dropped quote during one of the Texans-Colts games last year, Reggie Wayne essentially said something like, "You know what you get when you play the Texans defense, so I'd rather play them." Ouch.

The tackles are too light? I can't imagine where I've ever heard that.

TexansFanatic
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
For Kubiak to keep his job he needs to:

1) Stop calling his own games. Let the OC do that. Kubiak is a terrible game day coach and makes WAY too many boneheaded moves on Sundays. No more: "That's on me." Let it be on someone else.

2) Fire Frank Bush and hire a real DC---a really good, accomplished DC---and let him completely take over the defense and make all the decisions on that side of the ball.

JB
11-08-2010, 08:49 PM
For Kubiak to keep his job he needs to:

1) Stop calling his own games. Let the OC do that. Kubiak is a terrible game day coach and makes WAY too many boneheaded moves on Sundays. No more: "That's on me." Let it be on someone else.

2) Fire Frank Bush and hire a real DC---a really good, accomplished DC---and let him completely take over the defense and make all the decisions on that side of the ball.

I happen to diagree with you here. I think part of the problem with the offense is that he is letting Dennison call the plays.

DexmanC
11-08-2010, 08:52 PM
24 27 27 24 34 31 30 29
I bet everyone knows exactly what those numbers without thinking twice.

I guess TK would take the last 4 of those numbers and say:

"The defense allowed fewer points over the last 4 games. They're
getting better! It's still the YOUNGEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL!!"

Dishman
11-08-2010, 08:52 PM

You know your defense is bad when your offense is your defense.

TexansFanatic
11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I happen to diagree with you here. I think part of the problem with the offense is that he is letting Dennison call the plays.

He admitted the 4th Down quick-sneak call that failed so miserably was "on him."

That kind of thing doesn't happen if you're watching the game from upstairs.

Kubiak couldn't see how far they had to move the ball from where he stood.

It wasn't 4th and a 1/2 yard. It was 4th and a yard and 1/2. You don't do a quick sneak in that situation.

JB
11-08-2010, 09:13 PM
He admitted the 4th Down quick-sneak call that failed so miserably was "on him."

That kind of thing doesn't happen if you're watching the game from upstairs.

Kubiak couldn't see how far they had to move the ball from where he stood.

It wasn't 4th and a 1/2 yard. It was 4th and a yard and 1/2. You don't do a quick sneak in that situation.

He always says it's on him. That's what he does. And I think too much is being made of the 4th down yardage. He said that because Dreesen was tackled right in front of him, that he thought they needed about a 1/2 yard. The spot wound up being 1 yd.

If you want to call him out for that 1/2 yd, go right ahead. I think there is a lot more to call him out about than that.

TexansFanatic
11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
I think there is a lot more to call him out about than that.

Aha! See, we do agree. ;-))

JB
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Aha! See, we do agree. ;-))

Pretty much. I just thinking the board melting for that 4th down call is pure over-reaction. That one play did not cost us the game. If people were honest, they would be calling out #80 for costing us that game.

b0ng
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Pretty much. I just thinking the board melting for that 4th down call is pure over-reaction. That one play did not cost us the game. If people were honest, they would be calling out #80 for costing us that game.

Maybe I'm an Andre fanboy but I can't put much of the outcome of this game on the O. Sure there were some mistakes made but you gave up 4 passing TD's to Phillip Rivers and a bunch of dudes who have not been meaningful starters. . . ever? The defense has had two games in the last week that should have been "get well" games as a multitude of starters were out on the opposing offenses. Not only did they not capitalize, they looked absolutely JV against them.

I want Bush to be fired into the sun, but I just can't help in thinking that even if they get a new coordinator on defense they'll still be bad. Maybe we'll get a 3-4 guy but without a lot of FA acquisitions, I can't see them being much better than the bottom 1/3 of the league.

Still, Fire Frank Bush (Since Kubiak probably doesn't get the axe unless we go 6-10 or worse).

TexansFanatic
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
If people were honest, they would be calling out #80 for costing us that game.

Well, except you don't call out your superstar for one slip-up every blue moon. That dude has bailed our ass out for at least two wins that could/should have been losses this season alone.

Kareem Jackson takes a lot of the blame---and God bless the poor guy. He's making millions of dollars so you can't feel too sorry for him, but you don't throw a young man to the wolves like that and then keep him there week in and week out when he's so clearly in over his head. That, again, is on Kubiak.

JB
11-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Well, except you don't call out your superstar for one slip-up every blue moon. That dude has bailed our ass out for at least two wins that could/should have been losses this season alone.

Kareem Jackson takes a lot of the blame---and God bless the poor guy. He's making millions of dollars so you can't feel too sorry for him, but you don't throw a young man to the wolves like that and then keep him there week in and week out when he's so clearly in over his head. That, again, is on Kubiak.

Agree, but if that pass would have been caught or knocked down, we probably win that game.

TexansFanatic
11-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Agree, but if that pass would have been caught or knocked down, we probably win that game.

Maybe. Except leaving 90 seconds on the clock and putting Kareem Jackson back on the field likely means Rivers drives for a field goal.

JB
11-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Maybe. Except leaving 90 seconds on the clock and putting Kareem Jackson back on the field likely means Rivers drives for a field goal.

Damn, now why do you want to bring up particulars when I am trying to get on the mend?

Hagar
11-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I just reviewed the game on DVR and we are working on some video at TBB. Anyway, you know who really, really sucks?:

Mario Williams!

YES!!!!!!!!!

Finally, someone agrees.

Texan_Bill
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
http://suzukidave.myphotos.cc/suzukidave2008/AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

TexansFanatic
11-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Damn, now why do you want to bring up particulars when I am trying to get on the mend?

Brace yourself---we've got eight more opportunities remaining for the fellas to rip your heart out and stomp on it. :choke:

JB
11-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Brace yourself---we've got eight more opportunities remaining for the fellas to rip your heart out and stomp on it. :choke:

:headhurts:

Texan_Bill
11-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I thank G*D above that we only have 16 (+4 preseason dates) as opposed to MLB & NBA schedules!!!!

OilerTexan
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd be willing to keep Kubiak around for another year if they fired Bush and hired a solid DC (Wade Phillips, anyone?)

Yes, I would take Wade Phillips for DC. And task him with building a defense from the ground up.

vupac1
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes, I would take Wade Phillips for DC. And task him with building a defense from the ground up.

I'd rather not blow it all up to switch back to a 3-4

Maybe Singletary gets fired?

DexmanC
11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I'd rather not blow it all up to switch back to a 3-4

Maybe Singletary gets fired?

We'd get an extra linebacker, a free safety, and a nose tackle.

What's there to "blow up?"

We're ranked DEAD LAST IN DEFENSE!

Thorn
11-11-2010, 11:54 AM
We'd get an extra linebacker, a free safety, and a nose tackle.

What's there to "blow up?"

We're ranked DEAD LAST IN DEFENSE!

Defensive stats:

Total YPG: last
Passing YPG: last
Rushing YPG: 11th
Scoring defense: tied for 29th with Jacksonville.

Yeah, we suck. LOL

Dread-Head
11-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Wade in the water....Wade in the water children...Wade in the water...the lord is gonna trouble the waters...

DexmanC
11-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Wade in the water....Wade in the water children...Wade in the water...the lord is gonna trouble the waters...

I wouldn't mind that being the theme song for the new defense. A good negro spiritual just might
heal this mess.

lol

b0ng
11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Jim Washburn for the next DC.

JB
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Jim Washburn for the next DC.

I would like to see Marvin Lewis myself

awtysst
11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Elvis Dog for next Defensive Coordinator!

thunderkyss
11-11-2010, 10:12 PM

Which probably means it wasn't his call, which is more troubling.

For his stupid decisions, he usually has a better excuse than the one he came up with for that one.

b0ng
11-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I would like to see Marvin Lewis myself

When was the last time the Titans sucked ass on defense, or the line was playing terrible? I can't remember.

thunderkyss
11-12-2010, 06:57 AM
The tackles are too light? I can't imagine where I've ever heard that.

I find this hard to believe. I know we've been saying it for years, but we were pretty good against the run last year against some pretty good run team.

We must be doing something different, we must be approaching the games with a different mindset.

Which leads me to believe it's Kubiak's conservative nature. He's been bit by the passing games of other teams, & he's over compensating.