PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma putting it to the horns......

OrangeLotPole8
10-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow, I guess TU is really OUs' "female dog" I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!! :redtowel: This is starting to be a weekly thread! :jam:

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I may be a bad Aggie/Bearkat/Coog but the one and only time I ever pull for TU is against OU.... I ****ing hate "Boomer Sooner"!! Everytime I hear that, I want to vomit blood all over my patio....

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Ya know, the more I think about it, I would rather have syringes full of bleach injected into my eyeballs than to hear Boomer Sooner!

awtysst
10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Wow, I guess TU is really OUs' "female dog" I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!! :redtowel: This is starting to be a weekly thread! :jam:

Um.

You should really use facts to back up your posts. Otherwise you can look mighty foolish, as you do with this post.

1)Prior to today, Texas had won 3 of the last 4 games.

2)Including today's game Texas leads the overall series 59-41-5.

3) A bounce of the ball in another direction and UT could have scored on the fumble recovery and possibly stolen the game.

Don't feel too bad about getting completely pwned, it happens!

thunderkyss
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Um.

You should really use facts to back up your posts. Otherwise you can look mighty foolish, as you do with this post.

3) A bounce of the ball in another direction and UT could have scored on the fumble recovery and possibly stolen the game.

Just when I think I know what "pwned" means, someone posts something like this, that doesn't really fit the definition.

So now, I assume, pwned means regurgitating a lot of koolaide.... ?

awtysst
10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Just when I think I know what "pwned" means, someone posts something like this, that doesn't really fit the definition.

So now, I assume, pwned means regurgitating a lot of koolaide.... ?

Nope.

In this case I used pwned to mean that OrangeLotPole8's point was soundly defeated. OrangeLotPole8 has no possible response to refute my stats. In essence I put OrangeLotPole8 in a virtual checkmate. He stepped up with emotion base drivel and I destroyed his premise with cool headed facts and statistics. I utterly humiliated him. There is nothing he can say which can refute.

In this discussion point, OrangeLotPole8 has been PWNED by awtysst!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pX5sV70JHjw/S8bmago4HXI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/E1hYHQ88q64/s400/PWNED_.JPG

Dutchrudder
10-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Um.

He's not talking about history, he's referring to a thread from last week entitled, "UCLA Putting it to the horns". That's the weekly theme, not OU beating them every year.

OrangeLotPole8
10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Um.

OU has beaten TU in 7 of the last 13.......

eriadoc
10-02-2010, 09:59 PM
OU has beaten TU in 7 of the last 13.......

Yeah, but what about the last 27? (or any other random number?)

OrangeLotPole8
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Um.

Might I add since the year 2000.......OU 7 TU 4!!!!!!!!!!!! so STFU!

awtysst
10-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Might I add since the year 2000.......OU 7 TU 4!!!!!!!!!!!! so STFU!

7 of the last 13

7 of the last 11

Why are you picking random numbers like that? Is it so you can continue to make your point? I chose a 4 year cycle becuase that is the amount of time a player can participate in college football. Oklahoma has gotten more wins in the last 13 years, but still trail the overall record by 18. More recent history (last 4 years) has UT winning 3 of 4. Point being, the teams are pretty evenly matched.

I get that you don't like UT and that's fine. But you look really foolish when you try to make the claim that UT is Oklahoma's *****. Save yourself further embarrassment and humiliation and switch to another topic area.

OrangeLotPole8
10-03-2010, 08:13 AM
LOL, I was trying to not make you feel so bad with 7 of 13, but it is 7 out of 11, (go look it up smarty pants) lets do RECENT history as you say and take the last decade...... OU WINS, TU LOSES! NUFF SAID! Cant wait till the horns go into Lincoln...... hehe :whip:

awtysst
10-03-2010, 09:33 AM
LOL, I was trying to not make you feel so bad with 7 of 13, but it is 7 out of 11, (go look it up smarty pants) lets do RECENT history as you say and take the last decade...... OU WINS, TU LOSES! NUFF SAID! Cant wait till the horns go into Lincoln...... hehe :whip:

Again, taking a decade is a arbitrary number. As you know(or should) players come and go and coaching philosophies change over that much time. My choice of 4 years is also an arbitrary choice.

In all seriousness, I really do feel bad for you. You do not have a lot of posts on here, yet you have spent a decent percentage of them talking about how glad you are UT lost. That is, of course your prerogative, but I feel bad for the person who derives joy from the failures of others. It sad to see someone revel not in accomplishments but failures.

Sure, Texas is having a down year. They have won 9 consecutive 10 win seasons and have the second most amount of wins in the history of college football. They are clearly a powerhouse in college football. And guess what, every program has peaks and valleys. This is clearly a down year.

Who knows what happens in Nebraska. Maybe Texas wins, maybe they do not. At the end of the day, I will support UT. Its too bad you have not spent as much energy extolling the virtues of a team as much as you have tried to point out flaws.

Perhaps, one day, you will grow up and find a way to celebrate positives rather than revel in negatives.

OrangeLotPole8
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
The point I am getting is that UT has EVERYTHING to be successful. They have the location, the history, 5 star recruits 3 deep on the depth chart, very deep pockets, the "best" coaches money can buy, the best facilities, the "best" university, they are the "New York Yankees" of college fotball. Why do you think TCU, Boise State, and the University of Houston is not in the Big "12" minus 2? Because TU says they can't be. That would create more competition on the field and the recruiting trail. TU likes to do their relatively easy non-conference schedule (UCLA is not supposed to go into TU and win, Wyoming, Rice, the free recruiting trip home game), and then beat up on the conference schedule and play one huge game a year in OU and then take care of the weaker Big 12 opponent in the Big "12" minus 2 championship game and win or lose that game they are still in a BCS game. All the "T-sips" beat their chest each and every week talking about how they are better than everybody else..... hell TU SHOULD BE BETTER than everybody else. I just love it at work how they NEVER talk about TU football on the week after they get beat! With that being said, I HOPE THE TEXANS WIN TODAY (That's a positive note sir). Next time you are in Houston to attend a game, let me know and I will buy you a beer.

Dan B.
10-03-2010, 12:25 PM
The point I am getting is that UT has EVERYTHING to be successful. They have the location, the history, 5 star recruits 3 deep on the depth chart, very deep pockets, the "best" coaches money can buy, the best facilities, the "best" university, they are the "New York Yankees" of college fotball. Why do you think TCU, Boise State, and the University of Houston is not in the Big "12" minus 2? Because TU says they can't be. That would create more competition on the field and the recruiting trail. TU likes to do their relatively easy non-conference schedule (UCLA is not supposed to go into TU and win, Wyoming, Rice, the free recruiting trip home game), and then beat up on the conference schedule and play one huge game a year in OU and then take care of the weaker Big 12 opponent in the Big "12" minus 2 championship game and win or lose that game they are still in a BCS game. All the "T-sips" beat their chest each and every week talking about how they are better than everybody else.....hell TU SHOULD BE BETTER than everybody else. I just love it at work how they NEVER talk about TU football on the week after they get beat! With that being said, I HOPE THE TEXANS WIN TODAY (That's a positive note sir). Next time you are in Houston to attend a game, let me know and I will buy you a beer.

Yeah, by the same token I just love how you only talk about about UT in the weeks they lose a game. NOW you have smack to talk... All of a sudden for some reason you decide to talk about UT football because once a decade they have a rebuilding year.

Psst... look up UT's future non conf schedule (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/fb-future-schedules.html) before you sound even sillier. They are playing USC, Cal, ND, BYU, and Arkansas in the next few years.

TD
10-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Between UT and UGA, this is adding up to a pretty sucky college football year. :(

Hookem Horns
10-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Where are you getting that UT doesn't want Houston, TCU, etc in the Big 12? As a fan I would love to see that. Heck I would love to see them in the SEC. Most of the Big 12 bores me.

Have you seen somewhere where the UT program doesn't want those teams in? I have never heard of that personally.

c10x
10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Where are you getting that UT doesn't want Houston, TCU, etc in the Big 12? As a fan I would love to see that. Heck I would love to see them in the SEC. Most of the Big 12 bores me.

Have you seen somewhere where the UT program doesn't want those teams in? I have never heard of that personally.

We don't want UH, TCU, etc in the big 12. And the reason, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. If you are a coog fan, or a horned frog fan - deal with it. Look at your stadium, and notice how it holds what, 25,000 people? 35,000 maybe? And notice how its never full?

That's why you aren't in the big 12. Get the student numbers, the fan support, the following, the reputation - and then, maybe you can join. Until then, it's all a glorified Texas 5A football game.

c10x
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
As for the thread starter - I get it, he's just trying to troll the UT fans.

What is your college football team sir?

Mr teX
10-03-2010, 09:37 PM
We don't want UH, TCU, etc in the big 12. And the reason, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. If you are a coog fan, or a horned frog fan - deal with it. Look at your stadium, and notice how it holds what, 25,000 people? 35,000 maybe? And notice how its never full?

That's why you aren't in the big 12. Get the student numbers, the fan support, the following, the reputation - and then, maybe you can join. Until then, it's all a glorified Texas 5A football game.

its this arrogant attitude that makes me despise UT. Yeah, we get it, you're the ranking college football program in Texas but the truth of the matter is you guys have gotten to 10 wins every year b/c outside of OU the big 12 is hot garbage & you're non conference schedule has been a joke for the most part. At least attempt to challenge yourselves.

The only reason you guys have stepped it up for the future is b/c you know the big 12 is about to get even weaker which i didn't even know was possible to be honest.

Hookem Horns
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Don't speak for me. Actually a lot of UT fans don't speak for me because I am not a VY jock sniffer / Titans "fan" but that is for another thread.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing UH and TCU in the Big 12. IF those teams were in the Big 12 they would improve in all of those areas you are speaking about. IMO their current conference is holding them back.

Houston was a power in the SWC and I see no reason why they couldn't be again in the Big 12. Plus because of who they are I would be excited to play them.

So what does Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, or even OSU bring to the table? Nothing for me personally. I never look forward to playing any of those teams even when they are decent. Maybe it is because I grew up with the SWC and enjoy the rivals I grew up with.

Texan4Ever
10-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Don't speak for me. Actually a lot of UT fans don't speak for me because I am not a VY jock sniffer / Titans "fan" but that is for another thread.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing UH and TCU in the Big 12. IF those teams were in the Big 12 they would improve in all of those areas you are speaking about. IMO their current conference is holding them back.

Houston was a power in the SWC and I see no reason why they couldn't be again in the Big 12. Plus because of who they are I would be excited to play them.

So what does Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, or even OSU bring to the table? Nothing for me personally. I never look forward to playing any of those teams even when they are decent. Maybe it is because I grew up with the SWC and enjoy the rivals I grew up with.

I agree with what your're saying. UH and UT used to play back in the early 90s and those were some fun games to watch (not for me since I was little but the one's I watched on YouTube were exciting).

Anyways, UH is a major upgrade over Iowa State and Kansas IMO.

OrangeLotPole8
10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
its this arrogant attitude that makes me despise UT. Yeah, we get it, you're the ranking college football program in Texas but the truth of the matter is you guys have gotten to 10 wins every year b/c outside of OU the big 12 is hot garbage & you're non conference schedule has been a joke for the most part. At least attempt to challenge yourselves.

The only reason you guys have stepped it up for the future is b/c you know the big 12 is about to get even weaker which i didn't even know was possible to be honest.

You sir have been REPPED! Thank you for not looking through beer goggles like most TU fans.

Goldensilence
10-03-2010, 11:10 PM
When you're not busy trying to trash UT what college team do you cheer for?

OrangeLotPole8
10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I am a BIG WESTERN KENTUCKY FAN! :secret:

Hookem Horns
10-04-2010, 12:03 AM

Houston Cougar, at least I thought I remember that from another thread.

Honestly, this stuff doesn't bother me. If I wasn't a UT guy I would probably bash on them too because many UT fans come off real arrogant, especially on UT boards. I am often going at it with some of them myself, mainly the Titan/VY jock supporters.

I am always taking little jabs at them. One guy started a thread today about how crappy his weekend was because both the Horns and Titans lost. I replied something like this ... "Since some of you are such big fans of Tennessee football, ex Vol Arian Foster is killing it right now for the Texans!"

pbat488
10-04-2010, 01:08 AM

Excellent point Hookem. c10x brought up stadia earlier and it makes me think about my school's attendance record.

For the big games or rivalry games, which I consider any Big 12 south school, in order of importance to us UT-Austin, Tech, OU, Baylor, Okie Lite, we will have at least 95% attendance if not sold out unless we're in a 2008 year again (4-8). Also, usually season openers are fairly well sold as well.

But then teams like Iowa State, Kansas State, Colorado, Florida International, etc come to town, and we don't have any real ties to them other than some being in conference. These games usually have ~2-10,000 seats open depending on the remoteness and prestige of visiting school.

What I'm trying to say and tie back to Hookem's point is, what does UH have in common with UCF, Marshall, ECU, Memphis etc? Other than being aligned in the same conference, these schools have little history that I am aware of that therefore makes the games less intense for the fans than in-state or decades old rivals. Instead of rehashing old SWC games against A&M, UT-Austin, TCU, Arky etc, UH is stuck playing these distant 'rivals' that don't really capture the alumni and fan-bases attention.

I think given the chance to play some of their historical rivals (the schools I mentioned above plus some others) the UH football program and fan-base would latch onto the renewed rivalries and really take their program to the next level. Just look at the UH - Tech game last year when UH set attendance records and had over a couple thousand watching in the parking lot on a video screen.

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Houston Cougar, at least I thought I remember that from another thread.

Honestly, this stuff doesn't bother me. If I wasn't a UT guy I would probably bash on them too because many UT fans come off real arrogant, especially on UT boards. I am often going at it with some of them myself, mainly the Titan/VY jock supporters.

I am always taking little jabs at them. One guy started a thread today about how crappy his weekend was because both the Horns and Titans lost. I replied something like this ... "Since some of you are such big fans of Tennessee football, ex Vol Arian Foster is killing it right now for the Texans!"

They aren't Longhorn fans. They are fans of a player. They don't care about the other players on that Championship team and where they play ball these days. I think they're like teenage girls following Beckham around. Those teenyboppers don't care about soccer or what city Beckham is in. They just think he's cuuute.

I couldn't be happier the Texans skipped out on Vince if fans like that are what we passed on. I'd look at em and say "thanks, but no thanks" too.

Goldensilence
10-04-2010, 11:53 AM

Sure, because most Western Kentucky Fans refer to Texas as TU.

I guess we have very different ideas of a team getting "put to". Last weeek, yeah I'd say that was what happened with UCLA.

This week a narrow win by Oklahoma, not so much.

If you want to see a team get "put on":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgg1wuXXe8k

Anyway. I don't get why the Big 12 gets ripped for being a weaker conference because it's not like the PAC-10 has always had the parity it enjoys now with USC on the downside.

The Big 10 can be up and down, as well at the ACC.

To me that's just someone finding a reason to hate UT and that can be one of many, but that's not UT's fault despite what any conspiracy theory you cook up.

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 11:57 AM

Man, you certainly show your ignorance with this post. UT has won the last 4 out of 6 against OU. If you're going to try and troll, at least have some facts that can back stuff like this up. The inferiority complex of Aggies or whatever school you root for is really showing now. You guys have to live through other teams just to try and bash the Horns, because your pathetic school can't do it. :spit:

Man, I'd hate to be a fan like that. Lol! You go out of your way to try and hate on the Longhorns more than the time you spend to root for your own team. How sad.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Anybody see TU in the polls? I scanned the top 25 and they are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! :thinking:

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 12:06 PM

I guess we have very different ideas of a team getting "put to". Last weeek, yeah I'd say that was what happened with UCLA.

Anyway. I don't get why the Big 12 gets ripped for being a weaker conference because it's not like the PAC-10 has always had the parity it enjoys now with USC on the downside.

To me that's just someone finding a reason to hate UT and that can be one of many, but that's not UT's fault despite what any conspiracy theory you cook up.

The Big 12 is without a doubt better than the ACC this year. The only team in the ACC that MIGHT be capable of playing in a BCS game without getting slaughtered is Miami. That same OU team that squeaked past UT and Utah State obliterated FSU (the second best team in the ACC), and their third best team (VTech) lost to a second division program.

The Big 12 is also unquestionably better than the Big East, and currently has more ranked teams than the Pac 10. The SEC and Big 10 are the two best, no doubt. But I don't think there's some yawning chasm between the ACC/Pac 10 and Big 12 the way so many C-USA and MWC fans seem to.

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Anybody see TU in the polls? I scanned the top 25 and they are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! :thinking:

Funny, for as much drivel you talk about Longhorns fans and yada yada, you stick your chest out more than any I've ever seen only when they lose so the way you describe these so called UT fans you don't like, you act just like them if not worse. How does that feel to know that you act like what you loathe?

At the end of the day, Longhorns fans don't even have to worry about jealous envious fans like yourself, because UT will be right back on top by next year or the year after. That's what a dominant top school can do. You probably worry more about UT losing than your own team winning? Lol!! Again, how sad.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 12:16 PM
GEAUX Nebraska! :whip:

Blake
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Man, you certainly show your ignorance with this post. UT has won the last 4 out of 6 against OU. If you're going to try and troll, at least have some facts that can back stuff like this up. The inferiority complex of Aggies or whatever school you root for is really showing now. You guys have to live through other teams just to try and bash the Horns, because your pathetic school can't do it. :spit:

Man, I'd hate to be a fan like that. Lol! You go out of your way to try and hate on the Longhorns more than the time you spend to root for your own team. How sad.

Good points. Same thing goes for the downward horns. Is your school that lacking in tradition that all you can come up with is UT's salute upside down?

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Good points. Same thing goes for the downward horns. Is your school that lacking in tradition that all you can come up with is UT's salute upside down?

This is just weak. When you have something that you can really bash UT on, then get back at me. This stuff is just comical from you jealous fans who live to hate on UT. Being envious like this seems like it would be miserable.

Mr teX
10-04-2010, 12:33 PM

b/c every year over half the conference is irrelevant......like really irrelevant (big 12 north anyone?) every year everyone knows that the conference comes down to 1 game, & i'll give you a hint its not the Big 12 title game. & for it to be to put together mainly as a football conference, it's just too lopsided; any team that matters is in the south bracket so they beat up on each other while the north scramble for the right to get pummeled by whomever comes out of the south.

& Don't get it twisted, the pac 10 gets the same rap too it's just less of filler teams like the big 12 has.

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 12:34 PM

I don't get offended by that silliness. I almost take that stuff as a compliment. When another school is so riled up about UT that they throw out Horns down when they aren't even playing Texas, you know you've really gotten in their heads.

Kinda like how you know you own a school when they are willing to torch every rivalry they've ever had to keep from playing you again.

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
b/c every year over half the conference is irrelevant......like really irrelevant (big 12 north anyone?) every year everyone knows that the conference comes down to 1 game, & i'll give you a hint its not the Big 12 title game. & for it to be to put together mainly as a football conference, it's just too lopsided; any team that matters is in the south bracket so they beat up on each other while the north scramble for the right to get pummeled by whomever comes out of the south.

& Don't get it twisted, the pac 10 gets the same rap too it's just less of filler teams like the big 12 has.

Don't speak too soon. I think the Big 12 Champ is from the North this year, and maybe their second best team too. Right now I think Nebraska is far and away the best team in the Big 12, and they are in the North. Missouri is also a ranked team, which means half the ranked teams in the Big 12 are from the North Division (the two Oklahoma schools are also ranked). The Big 12 North is anything but irrelevant this year.

I could see Mizzou knocking off OU in Columbia. The Sooners haven't looked invincible (especially on the road) and MU has actually looked pretty good so far. Hell, OU might not even be the best team in Oklahoma -- they gotta go to Stillwater this year too.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Smell the roses..... 2 straight wonderful beautiful Mondays!

Mr teX
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Don't speak too soon. I think the Big 12 Champ is from the North this year, and maybe their second best team too. Right now I think Nebraska is far and away the best team in the Big 12, and they are in the North. Missouri is also a ranked team, which means half the ranked teams in the Big 12 are from the North Division (the two Oklahoma schools are also ranked). The Big 12 North is anything but irrelevant this year.

I could see Mizzou knocking off OU in Columbia. The Sooners haven't looked invincible (especially on the road) and MU has actually looked pretty good so far. Hell, OU might not even be the best team in Oklahoma -- they gotta go to Stillwater this year too.

Yeah but that's 1 year out of how many though? & just as it appears the tide might be shifting a little, Nebraska's outta here in a few. Conference's should be put together to offer some challenge to each of the members, not 1-2 teams & then everyone else way behind. It just needs to be put out of it's misery & restructured for more balance so it can start getting those benefit of the doubt nods in the BCS system like the SEC & Big 10 do.

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah but that's 1 year out of how many though? & just as it appears the tide might be shifting a little, Nebraska's outta here in a few. Conference's should be put together to offer some challenge to each of the members, not 1-2 teams & then everyone else way behind. It just needs to be put out of it's misery & restructured for more balance.

It's going round robin when Nebraska and CU bolt.

I just don't think that the Big 12 is UT, OU, and everybody else. I think Oklahoma State has been improving for years and are on the verge of being a very good team. A&M is dangerous as hell, even if they aren't able to finish perfectly. They can hang 40 on anyone. Tech was looking like a consistent top ranked team before the Leach debacle, but they could easily come right back. Mizzou is a good program, and even if they lost to North Dakota I think Kansas will be pretty good under Gill. Sure there's absolute dead weight like Iowa State and Baylor, but even the SEC has Kentucky/Vandy. I agree that the Big 10 and SEC are better than anyone else, even if those conferences both have bottom feeders. I just don't think that the middle of the road programs in the Big 12 are that much worse than mediocre ones in the Pac 10 or ACC. I don't think that Stanford is miles better than Oklahoma State, or that Arizona beats Oklahoma handily.

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 12:56 PM

So you're bashing on the BIG 12 and the Pac 10, but completely seem to ignore the fact that the BIG 10 has been total garbage if what you think is true about the Big 12 and the Pac 10. The BIG 10 has been strutting out some Ohio State teams that would run through an easy schedule for years. Michigan has been down for years over there and Penn State has had like one solid year in the last 5. So that's 3 conferences that have been pretty similar for the most part, and the year before last the Big 12 was the best conference in the country when OU, Texas, and TT were all going at it with Oklahoma State being pretty damn good and Missouri as well. It seems like you want to bash the BIG 12 just because they're not as good as the SEC. Well neither is any other conference. After the SEC, they're all very similar as far as the talent level goes and the schools that compete every year.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Largest athletic budgets in college sports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

according to US Dept of Education, Title 9 reporting requirements, as of 6/31/09. You have to look up each school individually and get the info but this is the best order I could determine:

REVENUES:

1.Ohio State----------$109,000,000
2.U of Florida--------$108,000,000
3.U of Texas----------$107,000,000
4.U of Tennessee------$ 95,000,000
5.U of Michigan-------$ 89,000,000
6.U of Wisconsin------$ 83,000,000
7.U of Alabama--------$ 81,946,000
8.Auburn University---$ 81,697,000
9.L.S.U.---------------$ 76,499,000
10.Penn State---------$ 76,327,000
11.U of Georgia-------$ 75,937,000
12. U of Nebraska-----$ 71,000,000
13.U. of Oklahoma-----$ 69,431,000
14.Texas A&M----------$ 69,413,000 Link to US Dept of Ed.

With what we have here is the Golaiths of NCAA Football, Texas is SUPPOSED TO WIN! They are not even a top 25 team!:yikes:

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 01:09 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

according to US Dept of Education, Title 9 reporting requirements, as of 6/31/09. You have to look up each school individually and get the info but this is the best order I could determine:

REVENUES:

With what we have here is the Golaiths of NCAA Football, Texas is SUPPOSED TO WIN! They are not even a top 25 team!:yikes:

So you're jealous of the budget that Texas has and will continue to have? Is that what this is about? You can scream and pout all you want, but Texas isn't going away and will remain a powerhouse. Texas could probably buy out the school you root for and just close it down. :lol:

And just for your education since you're really not good at this. Texas is the 2nd most winning team in college football history in a close 2nd to Michigan, so like you mentioned about them "being a team that is supposed to win". They do.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/all-time-college-football-wins.html

And for this decade alone which is what matters most, Texas ranks 2nd behind Boise State for the most wins, but of course Boise State doesn't even play in a BcS conference so that would put Texas 1st actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-A_football_team_records_by_decade

NEXT!!

Blake
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Smell the roses..... 2 straight wonderful beautiful Mondays!

Schadenfreude to a T.

Mr teX
10-04-2010, 01:12 PM
So you're bashing on the BIG 12 and the Pac 10, but completely seem to ignore the fact that the BIG 10 has been total garbage if what you think is true about the Big 12 and the Pac 10. The BIG 10 has been strutting out some Ohio State teams that would run through an easy schedule for years. Michigan has been down for years over there and Penn State has had like one solid year in the last 5. So that's 3 conferences that have been pretty similar for the most part, and the year before last the Big 12 was the best conference in the country when OU, Texas, and TT were all going at it with Oklahoma State being pretty damn good and Missouri as well. It seems like you want to bash the BIG 12 just because they're not as good as the SEC. Well neither is any other conference. After the SEC, they're all very similar as far as the talent level goes and the schools that compete every year.

that's 1 year dude..

The difference is that the big 10 doesn't have over half of its teams no where close to being competitive in its conferenceevery year. Iowa & wisconsin are perenially ranked & illinois & minnesota are usually decent. the only consistent doormats are Northwestern & Indiana. Unlike in the big 12 where pretty much the whole north is usually walkthrough games for UT & OU & then you've got baylor & largely T A&M. It's a joke really.

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 01:13 PM

REVENUES:

LOLOL they DO win. More than any school other than Michigan ever has. You do know that this week is the first time since 2000 that UT hasn't been ranked -- the sixth longest streak in NCAA history? Pretty much every school on that list outside of Ohio State, OU, and Alabama would kill for UT's track record recently. Maybe LSU or Nebraska. But it's not like Penn State, A&M, Georgia, or Tennessee are ranked in the top 25 either.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 01:16 PM
So you're jealous of the budget that Texas has and will continue to have? Is that what this is about? You can scream and pout all you want, but Texas isn't going away and will remain a powerhouse. Texas could probably buy out the school you root for and just close it down. :lol:

And just for your education since you're really not good at this. Texas is the 2nd most winning team in college football history in a close 2nd to Michigan, so like you mentioned about them "being a team that is supposed to win". They do.

Not in the LAST TWO WEEKS! OUT OF TOP @%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hurrah:

Blake
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Dread-Head
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
:popcorn:

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
that's 1 year dude..

The difference is that the big 10 doesn't have over half of its teams no where close to being competitive every year. Iowa & wisconsin are perenially ranked & illinois & minnesota are usually decent. the only consistent doormats are Northwestern & Indiana. Unlike in the big 12 where pretty much the whole north is usually walkthrough games for UT & OU & then you've got baylor & largely T A&M. It's a joke really.

North doormat Mizzou beat usually decent Illinois this year. They've won 5 in a row over em actually, and 7 of the last 9. What does that say about your theory that Illinois is usually decent but the Big 12 North just has bad teams that miraculously win once in a blue moon?

I think that Missouri and Illinois are a lot closer than you give Mizzou credit for. Both teams are usually decent.

Goldensilence
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM

It's been a complaint of mine as well for a while that the Big 12 has been a solid conference for the most part, but it's when it became really unbalanced it needed to be addressed. Beebe and the rest of the Big 12 didn't make a move quick enough and it cost them.

I think what's left of the Big 12 after CU and Nebraska leave, can survive for a a few years the same way that the Big East have survived. Move into being an elite basketball conference while you rebuild the football side. I mean let's look at it right now you've got real good basketball programs in Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M, K-State, Kansas, Mizzou, OU, OK. State and Tech can be a tough team to deal with as well.

In the meantime they bide start looking for two teams to add. UH and TCU seem like logical choices. I think UH is about to have the facilities and is a programthat is regaining momentum. TCU probably needs an upgrade to their facilities, but my bigger concern is what kind of fan support they can rally to bring to a league like a new Big 12.

Another logical option would be Arkansas, but it looks now it'll be really hard to pry them from the SEC unless they decide they are tired of being in the same division as Alabma.

Is New Mexico a real option? I don't know, probably not. Could it become one once they start seeing a revenue sharing program? Possibly?

UTEP? Well the administration here wants to become a Tier One University. The facilties for both basketball and Football really aren't that bad at all. UTEP dropped the ball in the C-USA BBall tourney(ran the table in the regular season though), and as much as I don't trust Tim Floyd, he'll probably be a good recruiter.

Far as football goes, I think firing Mike Price would be a good move, and bringing in someone who runs more of a spread type offense would help. It's just tough to recruit out here with it being so far away from everything. I'd really love to see them hire Leach.

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Well good then, you don't refute Texas as being what you claimed they weren't.

I highly doubt anyone is to worried about losing two games right now. It's happened before. Colt lost 3 games twice in his first two seasons as the starter. It's usually pretty common for a brand new starter at QB to struggle some. But hey, go ahead and keep cheering like you won the SB, just because of a Longhorns loss if that's what you need to do in order to get some joy out of college football. It's so rare you get this feeling, I guess you might as well enjoy it. It's a step child mentality when you care more about when another team loses than how your own team wins.

Goldensilence
10-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Just a note to ya, but Western Kentucky just joined the Sun Belt conference ;) Maybe one day they'll be able to crack the top 50.

Mr teX
10-04-2010, 01:35 PM
North doormat Mizzou beat usually decent Illinois this year. They've won 5 in a row over em actually, and 7 of the last 9. What does that say about your theory that Illinois is usually decent but the Big 12 North just has bad teams that miraculously win once in a blue moon?

I think that Missouri and Illinois are a lot closer than you give Mizzou credit for. Both teams are usually decent.

B/c the big 12 north does have bad teams in it. Don't confuse entertaining football with good football. Read the article below from a few years ago.. at the bottom there is a chart that has the big 12 south vs. north split over the last 5 seasons. only once did the big 12 north even come close to competing with the south.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/080909dnspobig12disparity.435df00.html

JB
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Has your team EVER finished in the top 25?

Dan B.
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
B/c the big 12 north does have bad teams in it. Don't confuse entertaining football with good football. Read the article below from a few years ago.. at the bottom there is a chart that has the big 12 south vs. north split over the last 5 seasons. only once did the big 12 north even come close to competing with the south.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/080909dnspobig12disparity.435df00.html

The people confusing entertaining football with good football are the ones pimping the Pac 10.

I agree that recently the better Big 12 teams are in the South, but this does not make the Big 12 North teams a bunch of doormats, and it also does not mean that this will always be the case.

OU and UT are both historically superior and each has maintained that level in recent years, but both have had down years, especially in the years right before the Big 12 was formed. If the Big 12 existed in the early/mid 90's it would have been all Big 12 North with Colorado and Nebraska running the show, and A&M owning the South. When the Big 12 was formed both of these programs were thought to be able of carrying the North, along with KSU (who are currently not all that bad either -- witness their depantsing of UCLA in week 1).

It's true that all of these programs fell significantly in a short span of time, and that 2 of them are now ditching the Big 12 for greener pastures. I just don't think that this was the fault of the Big 12 for putting them together. It's on their athletic departments for hiring bad coaches or firing them before they could establish an identity. This happens to all programs at some point -- look at Michigan, A&M, or Notre Dame in recent years. Or UT in the 80's and 90's.

I don't think that the Big 12 North is all that bad. The teams there generally are at the level of teams you claim are usually decent in the Big 10 -- teams like Minnesota or Illinois. The best of them would be where you put Wisconsin and Iowa. They just so happened to go through rebuilding years at the same time that OU and UT had each finally found their coaches. An 8-4 or 7-5 team in the Big 12 would be an 8-4 or 7-5 team in any other conference.

Mr teX
10-04-2010, 01:57 PM
The people confusing entertaining football with good football are the ones pimping the Pac 10.

I agree that recently the better Big 12 teams are in the South, but this does not make the Big 12 North teams a bunch of doormats, and it also does not mean that this will always be the case.

OU and UT are both historically superior and each has maintained that level in recent years, but both have had down years, especially in the years right before the Big 12 was formed. If the Big 12 existed in the early/mid 90's it would have been all Big 12 North with Colorado and Nebraska running the show, and A&M owning the South. When the Big 12 was formed both of these programs were thought to be able of carrying the North, along with KSU (who are currently not all that bad either -- witness their depantsing of UCLA in week 1).

It's true that all of these programs fell significantly in a short span of time, and that 2 of them are now ditching the Big 12 for greener pastures. I just don't think that this was the fault of the Big 12 for putting them together. It's on their athletic departments for hiring bad coaches or firing them before they could establish an identity. This happens to all programs at some point -- look at Michigan, A&M, or Notre Dame in recent years. Or UT in the 80's and 90's.

I don't think that the Big 12 North is all that bad. The teams there generally are at the level of teams you claim are usually decent in the Big 10 -- teams like Minnesota or Illinois. The best of them would be where you put Wisconsin and Iowa. They just so happened to go through rebuilding years at the same time that OU and UT had each finally found their coaches. An 8-4 or 7-5 team in the Big 12 would be an 8-4 or 7-5 team in any other conference.

yeah, i agree with you for the most part, i just don't think that to be the case though. The overriding thing that they need to do is restructure the conference & at minimum put OU & UT in separate brackets..

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
that's 1 year dude..

The difference is that the big 10 doesn't have over half of its teams no where close to being competitive in its conferenceevery year. Iowa & wisconsin are perenially ranked & illinois & minnesota are usually decent. the only consistent doormats are Northwestern & Indiana. Unlike in the big 12 where pretty much the whole north is usually walkthrough games for UT & OU & then you've got baylor & largely T A&M. It's a joke really.

Yes, that was the year before last, but those teams you just tried to rank up there as so much better in the BIG 10, man are you serious with that? The only teams in the BIG 10 that really ever have any real potential is OSU, Michigan (Not lately), and occasionally Penn State or Iowa gets a string of wins against some cans and get a top 10 ranking. You keep talking about the BIG 12 NORTH, and I'll give you that that it's a very weak part of one conference, but just look at the BIG 12 SOUTH and you've got Texas and Oklahoma who are powerhouse programs every year, TT who is usually ranked at some point of the year and has been a very dangerous team to just about anyone they play, and Texas A&M who hasn't been much lately, but still isn't a push over either. Oklahoma St. is never a cake walk either to have on your schedule every year. Plus, Texas always has at least one very tough out of conference team that they play every year like Ohio State or someone.

The BIG 12 NORTH has also usually has one scrappy team that can be tough to beat even though the majority of teams in the North are pretty bad. Missouri was pretty good for two seasons and Kansas was ranked like 5 or #6 about 3 or 4 years ago. Nebraska came back alive last season as well and almost beat Texas in the BIG 12 Championship game. And just remember the fact that the BIG 12 still has that extra BIG 12 Championship game where the Pac 10 and the BIG 10 do not. That's an extra game against a winning team that either Texas or Oklahoma will have to play every year where the one team in the PAC 10 and BIG 10 just get to skate on by to a bowl game. That's a whole one more game to play with high stakes.

When you look at the over all schedule that Texas will face year to year, it's not some cake walk when in comparison to the rest of the teams in the PAC-10, BIG-10, and the ACC. I'll give you the SEC, but you could say about every other team in the country that isn't in the SEC. Look at the schedules that those dominant USC teams were playing every year or some of those OSU teams got to play on their road to a National Championship game. Some of those were atrocious. Texas plays a schedule every year that is typically going to be very similar to what the top dogs of every conference have to play other than in the SEC. And Texas has also won all but like 2 Bowl games in the last 7 years and one of those was last year when COlt went down at the beginning of it. Texas has been extremely successful against teams outside of the BIG 12.

Showtime100
10-04-2010, 02:08 PM

The question I had in mind.

I was worried you were a Cougar fan. As a lifelong Cougar fan I have never been a fan of UT, but posting threads like this is........wrong. No major board foul or anything, but it just doesn't sit right for my taste. I have done things like this in the past, but I like to think that since I'm getting older I am maturing at the same time.

Go ahead Western Kentucky, glad you're not a Coog. Though I think your bizarre hatred for UT is misplaced at best.

Mr teX
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes, that was the year before last, but those teams you just tried to rank up there as so much better in the BIG 10, man are you serious with that? The only teams in the BIG 10 that really ever have any real potential is OSU, Michigan (Not lately), and occasionally Penn State or Iowa gets a string of wins against some cans and get a top 10 ranking. You keep talking about the BIG 12 NORTH, and I'll give you that that it's a very weak part of one conference, but just look at the BIG 12 SOUTH and you've got Texas and Oklahoma who are powerhouse programs every year, TT who is usually ranked at some point of the year and has been a very dangerous team to just about anyone they play, and Texas A&M who hasn't been much lately, but still isn't a push over either. Oklahoma St. is never a cake walk either to have on your schedule every year. Plus, Texas always has at least one very tough out of conference team that they play every year like Ohio State or someone.

The BIG 12 NORTH has also usually has one scrappy team that can be tough to beat even though the majority of teams in the North are pretty bad. Missouri was pretty good for two seasons and Kansas was ranked like 5 or #6 about 3 or 4 years ago. Nebraska came back alive last season as well and almost beat Texas in the BIG 12 Championship game. And just remember the fact that the BIG 12 still has that extra BIG 12 Championship game where the Pac 10 and the BIG 10 do not. That's an extra game against a winning team that either Texas or Oklahoma will have to play every year where the one team in the PAC 10 and BIG 10 just get to skate on by to a bowl game. That's a whole one more game to play with high stakes.

When you look at the over all schedule that Texas will face year to year, it's not some cake walk when in comparison to the rest of the teams in the PAC-10, BIG-10, and the ACC. I'll give you the SEC, but you could say about every other team in the country that isn't in the SEC. Look at the schedules that those dominant USC teams were playing every year or some of those OSU teams got to play on their road to a National Championship game. Some of those were atrocious. Texas plays a schedule every year that is typically going to be very similar to what the top dogs of every conference have to play other than in the SEC. And Texas has also won all but like 2 Bowl games in the last 7 years and one of those was last year when COlt went down at the beginning of it. Texas has been extremely successful against teams outside of the BIG 12.

I never said they were so much better I just said they're usually decent. The overall thing i'm trying to get across is that the have-not teams in the big 10 usually can compete better in their conference than the have nots in the big 12 conference imo.

pbat488
10-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm trying to figure out what school OrangeLotPole supports... he has lingo from A&M (tu, teassips, etc), yet also shows support for OU, UNL, LSU, and WKU??!!

Either way...

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/9/1/0/troll_fail.jpg

Blake
10-04-2010, 03:16 PM

This is just weak. When you have something that you can really bash UT on, then get back at me. This stuff is just comical from you jealous fans who live to hate on UT. Being envious like this seems like it would be miserable.

You do realize that I was complaining about other schools doing the downward hookem right?

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
You do realize that I was complaining about other schools doing the downward hookem right?

No I didn't. I thought you were making some sort of snifling comment actually. My apologies for the mistake. There's been so much useless UT bashing going around this place lately, it's been hard to tell.

Stemp
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
No I didn't. I thought you were making some sort of snifling comment actually. My apologies for the mistake. There's been so much useless UT bashing going around this place lately, it's been hard to tell.

Bashing tu is NEVER useless. :spin:

Hookem Horns
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I was worried you were a Cougar fan. As a lifelong Cougar fan I have never been a fan of UT, but posting threads like this is........wrong. No major board foul or anything, but it just doesn't sit right for my taste. I have done things like this in the past, but I like to think that since I'm getting older I am maturing at the same time.

Go ahead Western Kentucky, glad you're not a Coog. Though I think your bizarre hatred for UT is misplaced at best.

Ahhh ... Orange Pole is a Coog (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1533458&postcount=6) ...

I think the real issue here is he is from Deer Park. As Grandma and I discussed here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1534476&postcount=20) Deer Park is nothing but snot nosed punks. ;)

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 04:48 PM

http://www.secsportsfan.com/all-time-college-football-wins.html

And for this decade alone which is what matters most, Texas ranks 2nd behind Boise State for the most wins, but of course Boise State doesn't even play in a BcS conference so that would put Texas 1st actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-A_football_team_records_by_decade

NEXT!!

You exactly RIGHT! In your own words......and for this decade which matters most.... OU has PUNKED TU, won 60% of the time! NEXT!

Dutchrudder
10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
You exactly RIGHT! In your own words......and for this decade which matters most.... OU has PUNKED TU, won 60% of the time! NEXT!

Why do you insist on calling them TU? That's an Aggie thing, and even I nor my Aggie friends have called it that since our freshman year. It's sort of like how I used to call my brother Michael, 'Michelle' to get a rise out of him, but I haven't done that since I was 8.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Ahhh ... Orange Pole is a Coog (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1533458&postcount=6) ...

I think the real issue here is he is from Deer Park. As Grandma and I discussed here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1534476&postcount=20) Deer Park is nothing but snot nosed punks. ;)

hehe.... just like the SNOT NOSED T-SIP FANS? Sorry you couldn't MAKE IT IN Deer Park and had to settle for Laporte.

OrangeLotPole8
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Why do you insist on calling them TU? That's an Aggie thing, and even I nor my Aggie friends have called it that since our freshman year. It's sort of like how I used to call my brother Michael, 'Michelle' to get a rise out of him, but I haven't done that since I was 8.

Because the UT is The University of Tennessee. Don't want to confuse the two.

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM

:wadepalm: Man, that's really poor judgment when you have to try and leach onto an Oklahoma bandwagon just over Texas envy. I feel for you when you have to go lengths such at those.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Hookem Horns
10-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry you couldn't MAKE IT IN Deer Park and had to settle for Laporte.

LOL ... Don't tempt me.

http://wuggawoo.com/images/aug-dec/avatars/BanButton.gif

Wolf
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I must be in the very small minority.. I am a UT fan first and fore most but I do pull for other Texas schools

My cousin was so happy UT lost this weekend and all I said was "it was a tough weekend for texas schools against mobilhoma"

and his response was "sawed off short"

I didn't say a word after that.. I was pulling for A&M over OSU but that didn't happen either this weekend

but A&M pulled a Gag em in a 3rd and 4th quarter of that game

Mr. White
10-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I love these threads.

Here's how I see it.....when the Horns win, I win because I'm a fan.

When the Horns lose, I still win because I hate Greg Davis and every loss gets him closer to the door.

Hookem Horns
10-04-2010, 09:59 PM
When the Horns lose, I still win because I hate Greg Davis and every loss gets him closer to the door.

The word is we are going to have to wait for Mack to see the door before Davis goes.

Texecutioner
10-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I love these threads.

Unfortunately that's where you're completely wrong White. Greg Davis is "fire proof." Mack will never fire him. The alums and elitists at UT tried to have Davis fired many years ago, but Mack told them that he would leave if Davis were to be fired. I heard that they were both in each other's wedding or something like that.They are best buds. Mack will never let that guy go, and Mack is also the head guy of this offense and directs Greg into the play calling type of style that Mack wants. It's really a combination of both between the offensive failures at UT.

Corrosion
10-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I havent read the whole thread .... too much to wade thru but I just want to give my :twocents: on the Horns.

They arent very good this year but when you send as many guy's to the NFL as they have in recent years eventually its gonna catch up to you.

They dont have much experience at key positions - Garrett Gilbert most notably. I think he has it in him to be a very good QB going forward but needs some seasoning.
He's got big shoes to fill .... Colt won more games than any QB in history as a starting QB.
Thats a tough act to follow.

The Horns will be back ..... soon. :tiphat:

TexansSeminole
10-07-2010, 11:36 PM
The Big 12 is without a doubt better than the ACC this year. The only team in the ACC that MIGHT be capable of playing in a BCS game without getting slaughtered is Miami. That same OU team that squeaked past UT and Utah State obliterated FSU (the second best team in the ACC), and their third best team (VTech) lost to a second division program.

The Big 12 is also unquestionably better than the Big East, and currently has more ranked teams than the Pac 10. The SEC and Big 10 are the two best, no doubt. But I don't think there's some yawning chasm between the ACC/Pac 10 and Big 12 the way so many C-USA and MWC fans seem to.

I'm really late on this sorry.

Nobody has really played anyone thus far in the season except a couple of teams, so its really hard to see who is good or not.

As far as ACC vs. Big 12. You've got OU as Big 12' best team by far. I think OU is really good this year. There is no team in the ACC that could match up with them so by consequence of that the Big 12 is better. The ACC has some good teams though. Miami and Florida State are top 20 teams this year. They could both compete with Texas and Nebraska (I think Nebraska is overrated) right now and probably by the end of the season we will see a matchup between two of four of these schools. NC State and Virginia Tech could compete with Kansas State and Oklahoma State. I think the depth behind OU is pretty much the same in the conferences.

c10x
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM

I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for the school. I honestly don't care what you believe.

c10x
10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Thread starters penis envy is pretty wretched. We lose two games, boo hoo. A&M, UH etc would rejoice like they swept the awards at the end of the season and won a national championship if they finished with only 2 losses.

Maybe you forgot that we played for a national championship last year, and won one 5 years ago?

Here's an idea, my $10,000 to your $10,000. First team to win a football national championship wins the bet... UT or your UH cougars.

Hookem Horns
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I honestly don't care what you believe.

Looking at your post rep score it doesn't look like many here care what you believe either.

c10x
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Looking at your post rep score it doesn't look like many here care what you believe either.

My rep comes from the delusional aggie and coug fans who don't like reality. Their opinions on college football are void.

Blake
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for the school. I honestly don't care what you believe.

And who are you? The official spokesperson for the UT Athletic program?

Listen c10x, the next time you want to join a discussion try and not be such a moron. That generally helps.

:lol:

c10x
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Actually genius, that is the point of view of the school. I don't need to work there to know this. If you followed UT as closely as I do, you'd know it too. This is no secret that only I know. Ask any educated longhorn fan.

I guess I'll add more since its easier for you guys to blindly follow usernames in colors and ones you know, instead of deciphering the message and deciding whats more accurate.

UH and TCU (and Rice, and Trinity, and UTEP, etc etc) are not flagship schools. Look around all the BCS conferences. Cal, USC, UCLA and Stanford are in the PAC 10. Do you suddenly think SDSU or USF are gonna get invites? Aboslutely not. They don't have the history, the winning tradition, the fan base, or the revenues to join. It's the University of Utah and University of Colorado who got bids.

Whether people on this forum want to accept it or not, the UH's, TCU's, etc of this world are simply not on the same ground at UT, A&M and Texas Tech. Hell, even in Houston very few people care about UH. When Texas played Rice in Reliant, it was like 95% Horn fans. And before you come back with "well duh, look at the enrollment ofcourse there are more horn fans in houston" - THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THEY AREN'T IN THE BIG 12.

It doesn't matter how many of you pile on, or how many of you negative rep me - I am still right.

Why would Texas ever give a charity bid to someone like a UH to kickstart their program and take away recruits from Texas. That would be stupid. Now if Houston wasn't an already tapped market saturated with longhorn and aggie fans - maybe that would be a reason to include them. But including UH to the Big 12 would not improve the national perception of the big 12. That's why we didn't extend an invite to UH, and instead had Texas schedule home&home's with UCLA, Maryland, Notre Dame, etc.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 12:49 PM
My rep comes from the delusional aggie and coug fans who don't like reality. Their opinions on college football are void.

Newsflash jackass, your opinion on college football matter about as much as ours & just b/c you show up in burnt orange garb every saturday & you talk tough on a messageboard about UT doesn't make it count any more....Put down the burnt orange koolaid.

IDEXAN
10-11-2010, 12:56 PM
What irony - one of the weakest teams in the Big 12 is single-handedly ruining the whole conference.

c10x
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Newsflash jackass, your opinion on college football matter about as much as ours & just b/c you show up in burnt orange garb every saturday & you talk tough on a messageboard about UT doesn't make it count any more than ours....Put down the burnt orange koolaid.

Not a tshirt fan. I am an alum. That's first and foremost.

And this isn't me talking tough on a message board. If you look back at the posts, the name calling etc has all been directed at me first - not the other way around.

I don't think my opinion matters more than anyones - I do however think that people who so furiously defend UH so as to neg rep me's opinion doesn't matter though. They are an afterthought to the college football watching nation, yet don't realize it - and I find that funny.

You trying to lump my "delusional aggie and UH fans" to include all UH and A&M fans is actually more insulting to those respective schools than anything I stated. There are UH and A&M fans, and a subset of them are delusional fans. That subset is the subset that is neg repping me.

Kaiser Toro
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
From agitator to victim, the vicious life cycle of an E-thug.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001037561/ethug_thug_whooped_rep_demotivational_poster_xlarg e.jpeg

awtysst
10-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I love these threads.

Unfortunately that's where you're completely wrong White. Greg Davis is "fire proof." Mack will never fire him. The alums and elitists at UT tried to have Davis fired many years ago, but Mack told them that he would leave if Davis were to be fired. I heard that they were both in each other's wedding or something like that.They are best buds. Mack will never let that guy go, and Mack is also the head guy of this offense and directs Greg into the play calling type of style that Mack wants. It's really a combination of both between the offensive failures at UT.

How about some good old fashioned espionage. What if a bunch of rich UT boosters donated big $ and sent $30 million to another school in order to hire Greg Davis as the head coach. The stip would be that they would have to offer Davis a salary of $7 million dollars a year for three years(and it would be renegotiated with the boosters after 2 years). That way Davis is now the HIGHEST paid HC in the country, he wouldn't be able to turn that down, and Mack wouldn't say no to let his buddy make $ and UT could get a decent Offensive coordinator.

And the rich boosters are happy!

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually genius, that is the point of view of the school. I don't need to work there to know this. If you followed UT as closely as I do, you'd know it too. This is no secret that only I know. Ask any educated longhorn fan.

I guess I'll add more since its easier for you guys to blindly follow usernames in colors and ones you know, instead of deciphering the message and deciding whats more accurate.

UH and TCU (and Rice, and Trinity, and UTEP, etc etc) are not flagship schools. Look around all the BCS conferences. Cal, USC, UCLA and Stanford are in the PAC 10. Do you suddenly think SDSU or USF are gonna get invites? Aboslutely not. They don't have the history, the winning tradition, the fan base, or the revenues to join. It's the University of Utah and University of Colorado who got bids.

Whether people on this forum want to accept it or not, the UH's, TCU's, etc of this world are simply not on the same ground at UT, A&M and Texas Tech. Hell, even in Houston very few people care about UH. When Texas played Rice in Reliant, it was like 95% Horn fans. And before you come back with "well duh, look at the enrollment ofcourse there are more horn fans in houston" - THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THEY AREN'T IN THE BIG 12.

It doesn't matter how many of you pile on, or how many of you negative rep me - I am still right.

Why would Texas ever give a charity bid to someone like a UH to kickstart their program and take away recruits from Texas. That would be stupid. Now if Houston wasn't an already tapped market saturated with longhorn and aggie fans - maybe that would be a reason to include them. But including UH to the Big 12 would not improve the national perception of the big 12. That's why we didn't extend an invite to UH, and instead had Texas schedule home&home's with UCLA, Maryland, Notre Dame, etc.

I agree for the most part on what you're saying about the national perception of UH & the conference, i'm not oblivious to the challenges we face as a university but what the hell is baylor & iowa state exactly doing for that perception? & that's really my & others main point.

I don't think anyone is claiming that UH/TCU is on par with UT/A&M as far as the things you cited above....at least not me. But its the citing of these reasons as to why that ticks UH fans off b/c we were screwed out of developing that mainly b/c some old bat weaseled her school into the big 12 over UH in the 1st place (who by the way have done absolutely nothing in the conference).

i & many other do believe that if UH was in a better conference, the fan support would come simply b/c this is a football crazy town & there is a connection/history with all the other schools in the Big 12..at minimum the big 12 south. There isn't anything with any of the schools in conference USA. It's also the whole ploy aspect of it as well. You said it yourself, why invite UH when it's already a tapped market? They basically say "Yeah, we'll come down here to parade our littany of houston players by scheduling an overmatched rice team every year, but we won't invite a decent UH team b/c its not worth it to us.." & it's that kind of mentality comes back to bite them in the ass every year. I honestly could care less if it were the big 12, I just think that if we were in a BCS conference & teams were brought here that the fan base actually wants to see, we'd be in a little better situation.

Blake
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM

That is exactly my point. You are just a fan. As we are. You have zero insight on why or why not TCU, Houston and other Texas schools would be invited to the Big 12.

You think because you pay an orangebloods.com subsription that you are special? That you are getting Mack Browns special diary entries? You dont know ****.

c10x
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
That is exactly my point. You are just a fan. As we are. You have zero insight on why or why not TCU, Houston and other Texas schools would be invited to the Big 12.

You think because you pay an orangebloods.com subsription that you are special? That you are getting Mack Browns special diary entries? You dont know ****.

Maybe you failed to notice earlier this summer when OrangeBloods broke the every piece of the conference realignment story. Yes, we do get information that is not available elsewhere. Doesn't matter if you acknowledge it or accept it - it's still true.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Orangebloods does get a lot of inside information about the Longhorns and other information that has to do with college football for the record.

c10X is right about the fact that Orangebloods was breaking info a lot faster than most online sites and news publications around the country when the whole realignment thing was going on.

c10x
10-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree for the most part on what you're saying about the national perception of UH & the conference, i'm not oblivious to the challenges we face as a university but what the hell is baylor & iowa state exactly doing for that perception? & that's really my & others main point.

I don't think anyone is claiming that UH/TCU is on par with UT/A&M as far as the things you cited above....at least not me. But its the citing of these reasons as to why that ticks UH fans off b/c we were screwed out of developing that mainly b/c some old bat weaseled her school into the big 12 over UH in the 1st place (who by the way have done absolutely nothing in the conference).

i & many other do believe that if UH was in a better conference, the fan support would come simply b/c this is a football crazy town & there is a connection/history with all the other schools in the Big 12..at minimum the big 12 south. There isn't anything with any of the schools in conference USA. It's also the whole ploy aspect of it as well. You said it yourself, why invite UH when it's already a tapped market? They basically say "Yeah, we'll come down here to parade our littany of houston players by scheduling an overmatched rice team every year, but we won't invite a decent UH team b/c its not worth it to us.." & it's that kind of mentality comes back to bite them in the ass every year. I honestly could care less if it were the big 12, I just think that if we were in a BCS conference & teams were brought here that the fan base actually wants to see, we'd be in a little better situation.

Well I'm sorry if you blame Ann Richards, Baylor and UT for your programs status as a bottom-dweller. But like I said earlier, there are other ways to spur success than to be given a charity bid.

I can't make an argument for Iowa State or Baylor. They both suck, and I wish we weren't held down by them. Just as I'm sure the Alabama's of the world hate Miss St and Vanderbilt, or USC & Oregons of the world hate Washington and Wash St. But the reality of the world is inviting UH over Baylor doesn't help the big 12 from a national perception.

Mr teX
10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Well I'm sorry if you blame Ann Richards, Baylor and UT for your programs status as a bottom-dweller. But like I said earlier, there are other ways to spur success than to be given a charity bid.

I can't make an argument for Iowa State or Baylor. They both suck, and I wish we weren't held down by them. Just as I'm sure the Alabama's of the world hate Miss St and Vanderbilt, or USC & Oregons of the world hate Washington and Wash St. But the reality of the world is inviting UH over Baylor doesn't help the big 12 from a national perception.

Please, the fact of the matter is UT & schools like it represent all that is wrong with college football. and this "prestige" you're talking about is only driven by the ridiculous amounts of money the schools stand to make by keeping themselves separated at the top from other less fortunate programs.
& other ways like what exactly? You seem to be under the impression that UT is what is on the college sports scene for larger reasons other than the football program when everyone knows that football drives the other programs. Whatever, keep racking up those hollow 10 win seasons to satisfy the alums so as to add "prestige" to what appears to be a dying conference.

Texan_Bill
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM

As a person that started my education at A&M and finished at UH, I agree. Kevin, you know I like some fun ribbing. Some back and forth, "giving of the business" if you will. However, I completely disregard those that do it in a mean-spirited fashion. Let's face it, they "don't get it"! Or maybe guys like us are just getting old!!! :cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
10-11-2010, 07:59 PM
And who are you? The official spokesperson for the UT Athletic program?

Listen c10x, the next time you want to join a discussion try and not be such a moron. That generally helps.

:lol:

:spit:

Corrosion
10-11-2010, 08:23 PM

Another melonhead ....

Rep around here is hard to come by .... you have to post intelligently .... joining very recently and arguing with long time members (and the forum creator) doesnt help your cause.

Earn your stripes before you spout off at the mouth.

Texan_Bill
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Another melonhead ....

Rep around here is hard to come by .... you have to post intelligently .... joining very recently and arguing with long time members (and the forum creator) doesnt help your cause.

Damn, my knuckles are hurting already! ;)

JB
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Another melonhead ....

Damn, my knuckles are hurting already! ;)

I think I broke my hand and a pepper plant just reading this...

Corrosion
10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Im surprised that you guy's dont have him riding the pine by now ... :tiphat:

Hookem Horns
10-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Im surprised that you guy's dont have him riding the pine by now ... :tiphat:

Vinny is gone. I am a bit more laid back and I certainly don't ban people for disagreeing with me or the majority. Actually I am quite used to this attitude. It's common on many UT boards and it's the main reason I stay away from them. The elitist attitude by some is really irritating even to other UT people.

The most annoying things are the ones that tend to put VY over the program and everything else in their lives, all of the anti-Texans stuff because "how dare they not draft VY" like it was their duty, etc etc. Most of those guys are admittedly not NFL fans so to me they are irrelevent when it comes to their opinions on the NFL.

I live in Austin, most of my friends are UT people and of course I attend many games. Fortunately I only see that garbage on the net. If I never went to a UT board I would be oblivious to most of that stuff. Of course we all love the Horns but c'mon.

pbat488
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Maybe you failed to notice earlier this summer when OrangeBloods broke the every piece of the conference realignment story. Yes, we do get information that is not available elsewhere. Doesn't matter if you acknowledge it or accept it - it's still true.

I found it interesting that Chip Brown was in on so many information leaks during the expansion saga. It makes me believe, the more I've gone back and looked at the sequence of events, that UT-Austin was at the center of putting into motion the changes. (To all UT-Austin fans, I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, all schools should look out for their best interests IMO, but it just seems to me that a lot of what happened could be contributed to Dodds/Powers posturing).

Also, you do realize that up until about 15 years ago or so, Oregon was small potatoes while Washington has been a powerful football and to a lesser extent recently basketball school for many years. Not to mention Oregon and Washington is a very large rivalry for both alumni bases.

JB
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I found it interesting that Chip Brown was in on so many information leaks during the expansion saga. It makes me believe, the more I've gone back and looked at the sequence of events, that UT-Austin was at the center of putting into motion the changes. (To all UT-Austin fans, I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, all schools should look out for their best interests IMO, but it just seems to me that a lot of what happened could be contributed to Dodds/Powers posturing).

Also, you do realize that up until about 15 years ago or so, Oregon was small potatoes while Washington has been a powerful football and to a lesser extent recently basketball school for many years. Not to mention Oregon and Washington is a very large rivalry for both alumni bases.

This is a very good point that many refuse to acknowledge or are too ignorant about the history to understand. Everything is cyclical. I remember when TAMU was a powerhouse and UT was a bottom dweller in the SWC. UT is on top for now, along with Oklahoma & Nebraska, but 4 years ago Nebraska could not beat St. Mary's...( ok, a little overdone, but you get the point.)

Hookem Horns
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM
This is a very good point that many refuse to acknowledge or are too ignorant about the history to understand. Everything is cyclical. I remember when TAMU was a powerhouse and UT was a bottom dweller in the SWC. UT is on top for now, along with Oklahoma & Nebraska, but 4 years ago Nebraska could not beat St. Mary's...( ok, a little overdone, but you get the point.)

Yes, that is my point. Put UH in the Big 12 and they won't be "bottom dwellers". UH was often a power in the SWC, Baylor never was for example and never will be in the Big 12. I don't see how having UH and TCU in the Big 12 would hurt UT. Both of those programs in the Big 12 would be a bigger draw than many current Big 12 schools.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Vinny is gone. I am a bit more laid back and I certainly don't ban people for disagreeing with me or the majority. Actually I am quite used to this attitude. It's common on many UT boards and it's the main reason I stay away from them. The elitist attitude by some is really irritating even to other UT people.

The most annoying things are the ones that tend to put VY over the program and everything else in their lives, all of the anti-Texans stuff because "how dare they not draft VY" like it was their duty, etc etc. Most of those guys are admittedly not NFL fans so to me they are irrelevent when it comes to their opinions on the NFL.

I live in Austin, most of my friends are UT people and of course I attend many games. Fortunately I only see that garbage on the net. If I never went to a UT board I would be oblivious to most of that stuff. Of course we all love the Horns but c'mon.

You ever posted or read the Orange Bloods boards?

Corrosion
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM

Im one of those UT people who are bothered by ... man there is a laundry list.

What happened to Vinny ?

Hookem Horns
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
You ever posted or read the Orange Bloods boards?

No, but I can't imagine it would be different than most of the non-subscription boards. I honestly don't spend or have the time to mess around with other boards. OB is subscription based so considering all of that I haven't joined.

What happened to Vinny ?

I haven't received a straight answer on that.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:50 PM
No, but I can't imagine it would be different than most of the non-subscription boards. I honestly don't spend or have the time to mess around with other boards. OB is subscription based so considering all of that I haven't joined.

It's a great site and definitely has a lot of inside information on the team and other things around the school, but the board is awful as far as objective discussions go and civility as well. Their really is no moderating at all, and it's a ton of fights constantly over there. I won't even post over there, so that ought to tell you all you need to know. That is where you'll find the worst bunch of Longhorn fans you've talked to anywhere.

Texan_Bill
10-11-2010, 10:55 PM
There is no better site than here!!!!

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 10:56 PM
There is no better site than here!!!!

Other than this being a Texans board, what would make you say that about this site Bill?

Showtime100
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Other than this being a Texans board, what would make you say that about this site Bill?

If I may, and I don't take to making pro-board-group-hug-statements easily, but the people here as a group are much more enjoyable than any other site I've frequented. Over the years and including other sports, aviation, and hobby boards I've seen plenty. :twocents:

Hookem Horns
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
That is where you'll find the worst bunch of Longhorn fans you've talked to anywhere.

Meh, I have been a Longhorn guy my whole life. The last thing I need is a bunch of morons turning me off of the Horns.

Actually when we lost to UCLA I did tell a buddy of mine that the silver lining was at least I knew there was a bunch of Titans "fans" and a-holes from those message boards suffering too.

I am real curious who these message board Horns fans really are. I ask because I haven't personally met many UT folks with some of those attitudes. Most I know and I have met are always pretty cool. Like I said I go to most games or watch them at the Alumni Center across from the stadium. So I do mingle with all kinds of burnt orange folks on Saturdays.

Maybe most don't live in Austin? Maybe it's like when I lived in Dallas. Most Cowboys fans in the DFW area are not the same type of arrogant moron Cowboy fans that live elsewhere. In Dallas most are down to earth and realistic, probably because the DFW media is always tough on the team. Who knows.

Texecutioner
10-11-2010, 11:47 PM
If I may, and I don't take to making pro-board-group-hug-statements easily, but the people here as a group are much more enjoyable than any other site I've frequented. Over the years and including other sports, aviation, and hobby boards I've seen plenty. :twocents:

Agreed 100%, hence why I'm here so frequently. :toast2:

NitroGSXR
10-12-2010, 12:10 AM
NitroHonda <3 Showtime100.

Now the Express are gone... jeez.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Just the fact that many of us differ on our opinions, but generally speaking we can disagree within reason and within repsect. Generally speaking we can discuss our differences and keep the ribbing respectfull and good natured...

I hate mean-spirited banter, especially from noobs!!! Just sayin'!!!

Texan_Bill
10-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Oh!!! And just piss off the t-shirt TU fans: "Saw 'em off"!!!!!

*Disclaimer*

To my Longhorn friends, I still love ya!!!

Corrosion
10-12-2010, 12:20 AM
It's a great site and definitely has a lot of inside information on the team and other things around the school, but the board is awful as far as objective discussions go and civility as well. Their really is no moderating at all, and it's a ton of fights constantly over there. I won't even post over there, so that ought to tell you all you need to know. That is where you'll find the worst bunch of Longhorn fans you've talked to anywhere.

Are you describing Clutch Fans ? ..... Its almost unreadable.

Texecutioner
10-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Are you describing Clutch Fans ? ..... Its almost unreadable.

Very similar but a little worse.

Dan B.
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
I think pbat is pretty much dead on. Orangebloods was a mouthpiece this offseason. They just repeated whatever their inside source told them was the gospel truth. They got played by UT.

Blake
10-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Showing your age are you? 22, maybe 23 years old.

You do realize that the Huskies were good at one point? The Huskies were really good in the 80's and 90's and even splitting titles in 1990 and 1991?

But I am sure it was just a slip up. You couldnt really think the Huskies are the equivilent of Iowa State.

c10x
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM

You do realize that the Huskies were good at one point? The Huskies were really good in the 80's and 90's and even splitting titles in 1990 and 1991?

But I am sure it was just a slip up. You couldnt really think the Huskies are the equivilent of Iowa State.

Way to completely miss the point of the post.

rmartin65
10-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Way to completely miss the point of the post.

Way to miss his. College football (hell, football in general) is cyclical. Sure some teams are seemingly always near the top, but others come and go with regularity.

Gymrat2005
10-19-2010, 01:47 PM

I absolutely hate the OP, during the WHOLE conference realignment week this guy would call in to 610 and 790 bashing UT for wanting to go to the pac 10 and was the biggest aggie homer i have ever seen. A & M is everyone's *****. wanna know how i know this is the same guy? it drove me nuts how he said "TU" its UT, get it ****ing straight.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 02:44 PM
**** a bunch of TU!!

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 02:50 PM

I seem to remember a #1 playing QB for the Huskies in the 1978 Rose Bowl upset of Michigan.. :thinking: Who was that QB that went undrafted and wound up winning 5 Grey Cup Championships with the Edmonton Eskimos.... :hmmm:

Only chicks that like A-1 Steak Sauce on a $30.00 steak (well done to boot), go to Iowa State!!!

Goldensilence
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
**** a bunch of TU!!

you know Bill it's just too easy with you and other Aggies. Ya'll say some crap like this and at that point it's all too easy to bury Aggies with their below mediocre recent past.

In the Rivalry 2-8 the past 10 years.
In bowl games 2-10 the past 10 years.
One conference championship.
1999 was the last season they finished in the top 25.

Just too easy. At this point some little "scathing" comment like "TU" is like a Chihuahua barking at a German Shepard. Yep. Usual Longhorn conceited prick, I know. ;)

Truth is I've lived in College Station most of my life and outside of its athletics (primarily football) its a school I really respect. They've got an excellent Vet program ( to this day my qualifications for ours is they have to be an A&M grad), good engineering, business and architecture programs. It's also a really nice campus. I used to work for a delivery place near campus. I won't even talk about the eye candy there.

When I was in Town Go-Go Vizio, or at least that's what they used to call it was a great highlight for the computer animation program there.

I've also lived there long enough for Aggies decrying the Longhorn rap sheet to know better. There's plenty of things that happen at North Gate and other areas that the locals bury. I've also lived there long enough for people that talk about Longhorn fans being jerks, to know the truth otherwise as well.

Truth is at this point, I want A&M to get better because a rivalry just isn't fun when you're running the kind of record lately that UT has had. I also want A&M to do better because it reflects on the strength of our conference as well.

I also now like to talk what I do know about the A&M football program because it reminds me of home. Long as the other side knows I'm a UT fan and is reasonable it's all good, if not all bets are off.

:worldpeace:

Texecutioner
10-19-2010, 06:25 PM
you know Bill it's just too easy with you and other Aggies. Ya'll say some crap like this and at that point it's all too easy to bury Aggies with their below mediocre recent past.

Just too easy. At this point some little "scathing" comment like "TU" is like a Chihuahua barking at a German Shepard. Yep. Usual Longhorn conceited prick, I know. ;)

Truth is I've lived in College Station most of my life and outside of its athletics (primarily football) its a school I really respect. They've got an excellent Vet program ( to this day my qualifications for ours is they have to be an A&M grad), good engineering, business and architecture programs. It's also a really nice campus. I used to work for a delivery place near campus. I won't even talk about the eye candy there.

When I was in Town Go-Go Vizio, or at least that's what they used to call it was a great highlight for the computer animation program there.

I've also lived there long enough for Aggies decrying the Longhorn rap sheet to know better. There's plenty of things that happen at North Gate and other areas that the locals bury. I've also lived there long enough for people that talk about Longhorn fans being jerks, to know the truth otherwise as well.

Truth is at this point, I want A&M to get better because a rivalry just isn't fun when you're running the kind of record lately that UT has had. I also want A&M to do better because it reflects on the strength of our conference as well.

I also now like to talk what I do know about the A&M football program because it reminds me of home. Long as the other side knows I'm a UT fan and is reasonable it's all good, if not all bets are off.

A&M talking trash is more of a laugh really. No one takes their trash talk seriously, because they're so far below the barometer that you almost feel embarrassed for them. Most Longhorn fans that I know don't even trash the Aggies anymore. Not even the most arrogant Longhorn fans that I deal with. They feel so embarrassed for them and their attempts to trash Texas that it's not even something to engage in out of pitty and sympathy. They can't even call themselves the 4th best team in the BIG 12 and trashing Baylor at this point isn't even easy for Aggie and that's just the reality in 2010.

Like you I root for the Aggies. They're a Texas team and I'd like for them to one day get their stuff together. It would make things much more interesting, but I don't see that ever happening any time soon.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Let's not get our panties in a bunch, it was meant tongue in cheek. I don't harbor hate for Texas, just a dislike. ;) In fact, earlier in the thread you may have read where I was rooting for Texas to kick the ever livin' ****e outta Nebraska...

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
A&M talking trash is more of a laugh really. No one takes their trash talk seriously, because they're so far below the barometer that you almost feel embarrassed for them. Most Longhorn fans that I know don't even trash the Aggies anymore. Not even the most arrogant Longhorn fans that I deal with. They feel so embarrassed for them and their attempts to trash Texas that it's not even something to engage in out of pitty and sympathy. They can't even call themselves the 4th best team in the BIG 12 and trashing Baylor at this point isn't even easy for Aggie and that's just the reality in 2010.

Like you I root for the Aggies. They're a Texas team and I'd like for them to one day get their stuff together. It would make things much more interesting, but I don't see that ever happening any time soon.

Same message goes for you too there Tex... But it is that type of arrogance that likens some Texas fans to Cowgurls fans, so take that FWIW!! It may interest you to know that both my sister and brother in law went to Texas. In fact, he played baseball for Texas and is Texas' Hall of Honor... So let's quit with the holier than thou, shall we.

Texecutioner
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Same message goes for you too there Tex... But it is that type of arrogance that likens some Texas fans to Cowgurls fans,

You've got to be kidding me? How did this thread get started? It got started from people in here bashing Texas for several weeks in a row and going out of their way to try and stick a fork in them, and you call that arrogance because fans like myself want to say wait a minute, lets look at some of the facts here and defend my favorite school. That's the exact same thing you do when someone disses the Texans, so lets not act hypocritical here. I don't go around here and brag and shove the Longhorns success in other people's faces and I don't see anyone else doing that either. It's been about 4 or 5 guys that have tried to trash Texas and their fans throughout multiple threads in here and this is a board full of people mainly FROM TEXAS.

You ever seen me starting up threads to bash the Aggies or TT? Nope. As a matter of fact I root for them and I've said that many times in here. But hey, when you get a bunch of A&M fans and other Texas bashers that want to throw the smack around, well don't get upset when the door comes back to hit you in the face. It's not the Texas fans that have started this or that have tried to act high any mighty. It's the people that hate Texas that have done that. You get what you give. At the end of the day, none of these fans of these other schools are in any position to be bashing Texas from the start, so it's not really a smart smack session to start with in the first place.

Texecutioner
10-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Let's not get our panties in a bunch, it was meant tongue in cheek. I don't harbor hate for Texas, just a dislike. ;) In fact, earlier in the thread you may have read where I was rooting for Texas to kick the ever livin' ****e outta Nebraska...

I did remember that, and I remember you telling me in person you hated Texas and many of the slight ribbing you've given to Texas. Most of your stuff is just little harmless tongue and cheek stuff that isn't an attempt to sling mud. These other guys in here have gone out of their way to crush Texas in here and have started multiple threads where they weren't even informed on half the stuff they were talking about.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 07:26 PM
You've got to be kidding me? How did this thread get started? It got started from people in here bashing Texas for several weeks in a row .

So, you automatically stereotype me in with those that you have issues with?? Brilliant! :rolleyes:

C'mon now!!

Dan B.
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM

You also said you were rooting for the Horns over OU two weeks ago. Careful Bill, someone might confuse you for a teasip :chef:

I don't hate on any other Texas school either. I root for the Big 12 over out of conference teams, and I root for any Texas school over anyone else when they are playing an out of state team. I'd love to see TCU shock the country this year, even if Horns fans would have to listen to the "second best team in Texas" taunts. When it comes down to conference stuff the only team I want to win every game without exception is UT, but I really like seeing good teams come out of the state -- even if it's a rival. I loved when Leach made Tech into a power, and I always liked Spike Dykes too.

I really don't like OU at all, but I did respect them tremendously for their stance during the conference shakeups. The Sooners were very clear that they and UT were partners wherever they went, and they seemed to also play a big role in keeping OSU with them too. That's what got in my craw about half of the A&M fan base wanting to ditch their rivals and head to the SEC. Rivalries make college football. It is shameful to abandon schools that you have played for a century so you can cash a bigger check.

Texan_Bill
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
You also said you were rooting for the Horns over OU two weeks ago. Careful Bill, someone might confuse you for a teasip :chef:

Right!! :eek:

;)

Texecutioner
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
So, you automatically stereotype me in with those that you have issues with?? Brilliant! :rolleyes:

C'mon now!!

I did not stereotype you with them. But it is hypocritical of you to complain about myself or any Texas fan putting the truth out there about the dominance of Texas when this whole thing started from a bunch of people that hate Texas who have gone out of their way to bash Texas relentlessly and rub it in their fans noses. Where is your complaints with them from the start? Where were you then? You think it's okay for them, but the minute a Texas fan does it back you don't like it. Well that's a bunch of crap. If you want to dish it out make sure you can take it in return. And I actually said that you weren't one of the ones that I was talking about so I don't know where you're even getting the stereotyping you with them thing from. I clearly stated that your comments have always been tongue and cheek for the most part and pretty harmless ribbing which is fine.

When you're a fan of a below average school or team and you're constantly trying to go after the team that's by far the most dominant as far as the comparison goes, it's a pretty silly battle to start in the first place.

Hookem Horns
10-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Get Your Horns Up!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/RudyR1944/Horns.jpg