PDA

View Full Version : David Nixon, LB

JWarren14
09-30-2010, 11:59 AM
I forgot in which video I saw this on HT.com, but Kubes was talking about how Bentley had surgery and how Sharpton had an ankle (DNP-Wed), and then he said something like "Nixon is going to have to step up."

So meet David Nixon...http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/graphics/athletes/m-00000001421.jpg

I think he was actually picked up by the Raiders in 2009 based on this forum

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/150769-raiders-sign-ufa-olb-david-nixon-6-3-223-byu-looks-good-tape.html

Not sure if we will see him anywhere but special teams, but I am sure he will be out there at some point. I'm glad Cushing is coming back next week.

SENIOR - (2008): Named to the All-MWC Second Team ... team captain ... earned letterman honors as a senior, starting all 13 games for BYU at outside linebacker ... Academic All-MWC ... set a new MWC record with his 43 career tackles for loss ... finished the season second on the team in tackles with 90 ... led the team with 11.5 tackles for loss ... recorded two sacks, four pass breakups and five quarterback hurries ... forced fumbles against Washington and Wyoming ... recovered a fumble against Wyoming and recorded an interception against the Cowboys for a 19-yard touchdown return ... MWC player of the week after his performance in the BYU vs. Wyoming game ... also recorded interceptions against Utah State and San Diego State ... blocked a 54-yard field goal attempt by Air Force's Lou Groza Award candidate Ryan Harrison ... totaled a career-high 14 tackles against SDSU ... recipient of the Cougar Club's Ed Stein Outstanding Senior Male Athlete award ... named to the 2009 Hampshire Honor Society ... Kurt Gouveia Defensive MVP Award.

BigBull17
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I watched a video of him, and I liked his burst and closing speed.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 01:23 PM

Lucky
10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
"Nixon is going to have to step up."

Nixon stepped up, alright. Just enough to let Vrabel get behind him in the endzone.