PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Trevor Pryce released - one year option?

silvrhand
09-29-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81aed6c8/article/ravens-release-leading-pass-rusher-pryce-resign-s-hamlin

Wonder if he can still play or is he just hurt?

Ckw
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Bring him in! I'd give him a shot.

Actually though, he is having a terrible season so far. Anyone know if he just hasn't been playing much or what? Crazy how he would lead the team in sacks last year and then this year being having zeroes across the board stat-wise.

MFG16
09-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't the Ravens run a 34 defense? I'll pass, it would take atleast half the season and enough playing time for him to get adjusted to our scheme. We need a play now guy.

JB
09-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Bring him in! I'd give him a shot.

Actually though, he is having a terrible season so far. Anyone know if he just hasn't been playing much or what? Crazy how he would lead the team in sacks last year and then this year being having zeroes across the board stat-wise.

He was just in a backup role this year. He is old and slow and does not have what he once did.

JB
09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't the Ravens run a 34 defense? I'll pass, it would take atleast half the season and enough playing time for him to get adjusted to our scheme. We need a play now guy.

He played in Denver's 4-3 for his first 9 years in the league. I don't think itr would take him that long to catch on.

m5kwatts
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
He was just in a backup role this year. He is old and slow and does not have what he once did.

Thats pretty much it. Besides the Texans need an athletic speed rusher, no more big stiff slow defensive ends like Jesse Nading.