PDA

View Full Version : Texans sign CB Karl Paymah

Rey
09-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Texans have signed CB Karl Paymah, one of 4 corners to workout for them today. HOU been looking for secondary help

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/25825978766

Carr Bombed
09-28-2010, 06:06 PM
There it is folks...

SPLASH. :)

DBCooper
09-28-2010, 06:07 PM
At least I've heard of him, not

Rey
09-28-2010, 06:07 PM
From a Vikings fan:

Sorry to tell you guys, but he was easily the Vikings worst player on defense last year. He is atrocious in coverage, and not a very good tackler. He is best suited to play ST.

Dont be fooled by his size and speed. You will soon see what im talking about.

And im not coming here to bash the signing. Im just giving you a guys a heads up on what kind of player he is.

Good luck though.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10182880

Rey
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
At least I've heard of him, not

He's 6 ft tall and reportedly runs a 4.3

Has played for a few teams...Supposedly is more suited for special teams and can't cover...

Texas T
http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/25825978766

So what does anyone know about him???

Wolf
There it is folks...

SPLASH. :)

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1236541431_ed56bbd.gif

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1236541431_ed56bbd.gif

:joker:

Hookem Horns
09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I thought we just got rid of this guy ....

Oh wait, that was Paymah Rick, not Karl Paymah, nevermind.

spurstexanstros
09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
sign all 4 as long as one of them doesnt use the nickname Petey.

SheTexan
09-28-2010, 06:13 PM
sign all 4 as long as one of them doesnt use the nickname Petey.

Petey Faggins was better than anyone we have out there right now. Blast him all ya want, but, the guy gave 100%, something our present dudes know nothing about.

Rey
09-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Scouts, Inc.

Strengths: Is a big, experienced, physical and confident cornerback. Has very good timed speed, is a "workout warrior" and has upside. Has experience in press coverage, both in man and zone schemes. Does a good job with his press technique. Will smother receivers at the LOS and take them out of their routes. Is adept in a cover-2 look at funneling receivers inside. Has adequate awareness and recognition skills in zone coverage. Also does a very good job of protecting himself in man-coverage and won't give up many big plays. Is tough and effective in run support, and is experienced and productive on special teams.

Weaknesses: Doesn't play as fast as his 40-time would indicate. Has great agility drill times but looks somewhat stiff on film. Seems to lack some natural athleticism. Loses too much in transition when turning and running. Does not have great ball skills, either. Knocks down a lot of passes but doesn't show great hands or confidence when going for the interception. Seems to have some trouble locating the ball over his shoulder.

Overall: Paymah redshirted in 2000 and saw time as a nickel cornerback mostly as a redshirt freshman in 2001 and redshirt sophomore in 2002. He missed one game because of an ankle sprain in 2002 but also earned a starting job for three games. He started all 13 games as a junior in 2003 (55 total tackles, one INT and 10 PBU) and all 11 games as a senior in 2004 (35 tackles, two INT's and eight PBU). Paymah has very good size and speed. He is a physical cornerback that isn't afraid to mix it up in the running game he was extremely productive on special teams at the collegiate level. Paymah had an outstanding showing at the combine and has more upside than we originally thought. However, Paymah does not look nearly as fast or athletic on film and he has never been much of a playmaker. In our opinion, Paymah is worth gambling on in the middle rounds of the upcoming draft but not any earlier.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/karl-paymah-cb-washington-state-51292.html

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Problems. Solved.

Rey
09-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Man...there have been some good zingers in this thread...

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Gee, I thought Kubiak said we weren't going to work anyone out, that we were going with the guys we had.

hmph.

Wolf
09-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Gee, I thought Kubiak said we weren't going to work anyone out, that we were going with the guys we had.

hmph.

dont' worry, we got two weeks to get him going esp with the Giants and Raider coming up.

:tease:

jaayteetx
09-28-2010, 06:22 PM
who is gone to make room on the roster?

Wolf
09-28-2010, 06:24 PM
who is gone to make room on the roster?

not sure, hell someone put out an APB , the secondary has been missing for 3 weeks now

:whip:

Wolf
09-28-2010, 06:26 PM
surprisingly they didn't look at

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/450205/Picture_24.png

Stemp
09-28-2010, 06:26 PM
At the very least, he should push these guys to get better.

DexmanC
09-28-2010, 06:27 PM
dont' worry, we got two weeks to get him going esp with the Giants and Raider coming up.

:tease:

The Raiders have a TON of offensive weapons, and an adequate QB
throwing them the ball. On defense, again, a talented front seven with
the best corner in the game. Michael Huff ain't a slouch at safety, either.
The Texans will be going TO the Raiders. Not a "gimme" game.

The Giants are a veteran team, who've made colossal mistakes in each
of their losses to take them out of games. In other words, they have
enough talent to beat the Texans if they find a way to play clean.

The Texans need to get THEIR shit together FAST, cause after the Chiefs
game (not a gimme either), the schedule gets BRUTAL.

jaayteetx
09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
surprisingly they didn't look at

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/450205/Picture_24.png

Ya, I think I would rather have Reeves at this point.

TexCanada
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Ya something seems odd with that situation. Maybe they parted on bad terms or something.

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Don't look back, don't ever look back.

John Talbot
The past is a wilderness of horrors.

If Reeves was all that, we would have picked him up instead of working out the guys we worked out. Or, some other team would have picked him up.

jaayteetx
09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Just getting tired of getting light up, hopefully it all changes soon.

Rey
09-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Just getting tired of getting light up, hopefully it all changes soon.

I can't say for sure, but it doesn't appear as if Paymah will be the answer to that.

I wonder who they will release...

Molden? Wall? McMannis?

BigBull17
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Maybe Wall goes to PSquad. Dont you have to keep a guy on roster for so many games after you claim them off waivers?

jaayteetx
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
They don't even have Wall listed on the depth chart.

steelbtexan
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
He's 6 ft tall and reportedly runs a 4.3

Has played for a few teams...Supposedly is more suited for special teams and can't cover...

He should fit in with our secondary.

I guess he was in better shape than Schobel. LOL

Who else did they work out?

JB
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
The Raiders have a TON of offensive weapons, and an adequate QB
throwing them the ball.

Who is this TON of weapons they have?

rmartin65
09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Championship!!!

Psych. What a joke. Uncapped year, wont sign people unless they are willing to come on the cheap. Seriously, this team is in a good spot to make a push for the playoffs, with a lead on the Colts. The Texans cannot afford to squander this opportunity.

The secondary needs help. Not special teams.

Nawzer
09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
So when are we signing Aaron Glenn? I know he retired as a Texan, but we could sure use him.

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Who is this TON of weapons they have?

1. TE Zach Miller
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/12/21/sp-raiders_houst_0499584887.jpg

2. RB Darren McFadden
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Oakland+Raiders+v+Kanas+City+Chiefs+3swuChnSA9gl.j pg

3. RB Michael Bush
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_casS9cUuo3c/THrGUFrZSuI/AAAAAAAAAkc/rrUskYI8Ex0/s1600/bush.jpg

4. WR Louis Murphy
http://theswamp51.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/louismurphy1.jpg?w=237&h=320

5. WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
http://justblogbaby.com/files/2009/11/DHB1.jpg

Our WR core isn't as good as your guys', but they'll be going against a pretty inexperienced secondary so I hope they can take full advantage of it. Unless KJ steps it up, I can see either Murphy or DHB (hopefully both) having a pretty good day. I'm not too sure about your guys' new CB Paymah, guess we'll have to wait and see this Sunday.

dalemurphy
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Petey Faggins was better than anyone we have out there right now. Blast him all ya want, but, the guy gave 100%, something our present dudes know nothing about.

After Quin, you could make the argument that Faggins was better in '04-'06 than the rest of the CB group right now. But, the Faggins of '07-'08 was a poor player. McCain is limited but not poor- he just had a bad game. Kareem Jackson is young and sloppy still but he has shown promise as well. Let's not overreact at 2-1. The struggle in the secondary was expected early in the year with the level of inexperience. We're still 2-1 and can expect improvement in the secondary.

NitroGSXR
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Louis Murphy was the MVP of the game the last time the Texans faced off with the Raiders. I hope he has a repeat performance.

TheIronDuke
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, DHB is a playmaker. Dude is on pace for a staggering 50 catch season. He passed his numbers from last season though which is good.

Oh, and just in case. :sarcasm:

DexmanC
09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Louis Murphy was the MVP of the game the last time the Texans faced off with the Raiders. I hope he has a repeat performance.

Louis Murphy is gonna be a hell of a receiver. He gets a little confidence
in a game, and he can take it over. Gradkowski is leaps and BOUNDS
better than Fat Jamarcus, who we LOST to last time we went to
Oakland. Don't sleep on the Raiders, or we're 2-2 and calling for
heads to roll.

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 09:17 PM

All I got to say to that is...JaMarcus Russell :shades:.

Yeah, DHB is a playmaker. Dude is on pace for a staggering 50 catch season. He passed his numbers from last season though which is good.

Oh, and just in case. :sarcasm:

Haha, well atleast we can both agree he is significantly better this year :D. DHB still has another year to go before we start seeing if he is an NFL-caliber WR or not...but this game should help him showcase his talents against your guys' secondary.

Don't sleep on the Raiders

^This. Like I've said before, you guys should be able to win this one, but only if the Texans play like the Cowboys did last week. The Raiders are just as desperate as the 'Boys were to get a win, and if they can beat the Texans it could be a huge confidence boost.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM

I said that in another thread...

Don't look back, don't ever look back.

If Reeves was all that, we would have picked him up instead of working out the guys we worked out. Or, some other team would have picked him up.

That's true too, TK.

TheIronDuke
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Haha, well atleast we can both agree he is significantly better this year :D. DHB still has another year to go before we start seeing if he is an NFL-caliber WR or not...but this game should help him showcase his talents against your guys' secondary.

Trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if he lights up our group of clowns we have in the secondary but I just think he'll never be worth where he was drafted.

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if he lights up our group of clowns we have in the secondary but I just think he'll never be worth where he was drafted.

I hate to say it, but I agree. He should have never been taken that high.

Big Lou
09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Any possibility he was brought in for special teams to take someones place that may start as a CB like Molden or something......

This is just a wierd signing.

NitroGSXR
09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Louis Murphy is gonna be a hell of a receiver. He gets a little confidence
in a game, and he can take it over. Gradkowski is leaps and BOUNDS
better than Fat Jamarcus, who we LOST to last time we went to
Oakland. Don't sleep on the Raiders, or we're 2-2 and calling for
heads to roll.

The last thing I am doing is taking anybody for granted. We have a knack for... sputtering. Remember I am the moron who called for a piss poor season for the Texans. We just don't have the "it" factor in certain critical aspects.

I don't know why people were so happy with the Redskins game. They shot themselves in the foot and handed the game to us. I was happy we won but let's be honest... we suck. Sure we have a little swagger but like Pollard says... they aren't given much freedom on the field. Gots to stick to what's being scripted out there.

The1ApplePie
09-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I hate to say it, but I agree. He should have never been taken that high.

Isn't DHB having a far better year than Crabtree?

As for Paymuh, if we wanted a physical freak that cannot cover, why didn't we draft my boy Taylor Mays?:whip:

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Isn't DHB having a far better year than Crabtree?

For now, yes. Its amazing how much better a WR can look with an average QB throwing to him instead of a steaming pile of crap. I'm not exactly sure whats happening in Niner land right now, either Smith has regressed or Crabs has...or maybe both :mcnugget:.

Seņor Stan
09-29-2010, 06:21 AM
1. TE Zach Miller = 255 lb

2. RB Darren McFadden = 210 lb

3. RB Michael Bush = 245 lb
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_casS9cUuo3c/THrGUFrZSuI/AAAAAAAAAkc/rrUskYI8Ex0/s1600/bush.jpg

4. WR Louis Murphy = 200 lb

5. WR Darrius Heyward-Bey = 210 lb

Point of clarification...

Your do not have a ton of offensive weapons. You have only 0.56 tons of offensive weapons. [/MrOverlyLiteralGuy]

Seņor Stan
09-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Another point of clarification...

Texans... come out to play-i-ay

You do realize all the creepy bottle clinking non-withstanding, Luther and the Rouges get killed about five minutes after that....

El Tejano
09-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Maybe this means we are moving someone up the depth chart and they wont be able to contribute on special teams much.

TimeKiller
09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
We need help so we sign the Chris Henry of defensive backs?

For what?
Ultimately what purpose is served?
Can he contribute anything to the defense?
Killer signing :rolleyes:

Is this the midseason safety signing? Demps, Wilson, Pollard, Paymah?

Blake
09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
I thought we just got rid of this guy ....

Oh wait, that was Paymah Rick, not Karl Paymah, nevermind.

First thing I though when I read the title. Did Rick just not see it! lol

Paymeh. haha

since02
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM

hmph.

and........ BOOM goes the dynamite.....

drewmar74
09-29-2010, 10:23 AM

You do realize all the creepy bottle clinking non-withstanding, Luther and the Rouges get killed about five minutes after that....

:spit:

beerlover
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
nothing more than Rick Paymah dipping into his old bag of picks during Denver tenure, Karl was selected by Broncos in the 3rd rd. sandwiched between two other cb's Darrent Williams, (RIP) & Domonique Foxworth.

jaayteetx
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Still no word on who's head is on the chopping block to clear room for this guy?

badboy
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
So what does anyone know about him???
Pay mah? Wasn't he on one of Dunta R. shoes?

eriadoc
09-29-2010, 11:15 AM

I always appreciated Faggins' effort, but to be honest, 100% of 20 is still less than 50% of 100. Not everyone gets to be a pro football player when they grow up.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/demotivators_2121_11054410

drewmar74
09-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Any possibility he was brought in for special teams to take someones place that may start as a CB like Molden or something......

I'm hoping its something like this......

BigBull17
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM

I 100% disagree. He gave it his all, and had a longer career than anyone thought he would, but the guy was not a good CB. Quinn has played well, all things considered. KJ will get better. Not saying ours are world beaters, but Faggins is less than that.

Errant Hothy
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Jamar Wall got the axe to make room for Paymah

The Houston Texans have released CB Jamar Wall, according to NationalFootballPost.com's Aaron Wilson.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=673145-texans-jamar-wall-released

Texan_Bill
09-29-2010, 01:46 PM

I tried to rep. you for the Warriors / 48 Hours reference all in one post.

HOU-TEX
09-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Championship!!

*Sorry, I had to be that guy again

Dutchrudder
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't know who this guy is, but he can't do much worse than what we have now...

beerlover
09-29-2010, 02:04 PM
9th season & the Texans secondary still sucks air despite spending two 1st rd. picks to address issue but then they also don't have a pass rush either after even more attention paid (1st overall pick, 10th overall pick, 16th overall pick, 27th overall pick, 2nd & a coouple 3rd's just to name a few). Maybe its just a continuity issue that will resolve itself :snowday:

HOU-TEX
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Well, one of our special team stars is out indefinitely. I didn't even know he was injured....imagine that

Texans LB Kevin Bentley is out indefinitely after undergoing knee surgery on Wednesday morning.

The team provided no timetable for return. Bentley, 30, has played enough on defense to contribute just three tackles, but is a core special teamer

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

HuttoKarl
09-29-2010, 02:41 PM
With a name like Karl he's gotta be a badass!

Kulluminatii
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Yup...and there might possibly be a similar result in Oakland if the Raiders don't step it up big time :D.

JWarren14
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I told my buddy who is a die-hard Broncos fan that we picked this guy up and he laughed long and hard.

I wouldn't expect much from this guy, hopefully we won't have to use him outside of special teams.

BullNation4Life
09-30-2010, 04:17 PM

Ok I am gonna take this a sarcasm because if it isn't you get the face-palm of the decade....

NitroGSXR
10-04-2010, 07:58 AM
louis murphy was the mvp of the game the last time the texans faced off with the raiders. I hope he has a repeat performance.
mvp!! Mvp!! Mvp!!