PDA

View Full Version : Another secondary thread...

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Just an observation after watching MNF.

Those Bears DBs have their heads looking around for the ball, hands in the air, hustling in bunches to the ball.....

None of those things are evident in our secondary.

Oh and while I'm putting the boot into them, has anyone else thought that Pollard may be one of the problems with the pass defense, he is AWESOME in run support but can he cover? at all.

Trap_Star
09-28-2010, 12:56 AM
guess who their DB coach is.

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Wow did not realise that.

I always thought that he was one of our better coaches while he was here.

TimeKiller
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I think Wilson may have just ridden in his last rodeo as a starter. Too slow to play CF like they need, no tackling presence, no ball skills....wtf is he capable of doing anymore?

Barber = FS

They certainly switch enough personnel in and out. I love Pollard and his lunch pail mentality but that's not covering anything either. If it's 3rd and long and they've got 3+ WR lined up I think giving Nolan some game time would be nothing but a positive all around. Keep Pollard fresh, barking loudly and stopping runs with authority, not getting burned out of the box, give Nolan time to shine. Or hell, stick a CB back there like Molden.

gtexan02
09-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Wow did not realise that.

I always thought that he was one of our better coaches while he was here.

Who is it?

Edit: Ah, Hoke

BigBull17
09-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I think Wilson may have just ridden in his last rodeo as a starter. Too slow to play CF like they need, no tackling presence, no ball skills....wtf is he capable of doing anymore?

Barber = FS

They certainly switch enough personnel in and out. I love Pollard and his lunch pail mentality but that's not covering anything either. If it's 3rd and long and they've got 3+ WR lined up I think giving Nolan some game time would be nothing but a positive all around. Keep Pollard fresh, barking loudly and stopping runs with authority, not getting burned out of the box, give Nolan time to shine. Or hell, stick a CB back there like Molden.

Two things.

1. I would like to see Nolan at SS and Pollard play Nickle LB on 3rd and long.

2. Who is this Molden you speak of? Is there a Texan with that name? I have never seen him. He is like a Unicorn or an Eskimo, a mythical creature.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Just an observation after watching MNF.

Those Bears DBs have their heads looking around for the ball, hands in the air, hustling in bunches to the ball.....

None of those things are evident in our secondary.

Oh and while I'm putting the boot into them, has anyone else thought that Pollard may be one of the problems with the pass defense, he is AWESOME in run support but can he cover? at all.

As much as I love someone who knocks the piss outta someone, Pollard's never been all that good in coverage. He's all about run support.

TimeKiller
09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Two things.

1. I would like to see Nolan at SS and Pollard play Nickle LB on 3rd and long.

2. Who is this Molden you speak of? Is there a Texan with that name? I have never seen him. He is like a Unicorn or an Eskimo, a mythical creature.

1. Agreed on Nolan but when Cush comes back where do you put him? DE/OLB like they had Barwin going? Hmmmm that's interesting...still, Pollard isn't fooling anyone as a coverage man so having him on obvious passing plays is kind of why we want to see Nolan instead.

2. hahahaha....fair enough.

bckey
09-28-2010, 01:40 PM
This team needs to make a trade for a veteran corner. If they stand pat then the Texans will be watching the playoffs. This is the year to make a run because there is a strike looming over next season. Just do it.

Rey
09-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Didn't Pollard have that almost pick that Romo was trying to throw out of bounds?

I don't thin Pollard is a problem in pass defense...He's always around the ball and he's a really good tackler. I think that as a SS his covg is fine.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Didn't Pollard have that almost pick that Romo was trying to throw out of bounds?

I don't thin Pollard is a problem in pass defense...He's always around the ball and he's a really good tackler. I think that as a SS his covg is fine.

Of the 4, Pollard is the one that I would go to war with. It's the two youngins and the one oldin', that I have the real issues with.