PDA

View Full Version : Why don't the Texans seem to get it?

Hervoyel
09-27-2010, 02:19 PM
What I don't understand is why the Texans from the players on up don't seem to understand how badly Texan Fan needs that win. They spent all week talking about how little they cared about this game and how it was just another team on the schedule.

The entire time they were doing that the roar of the fans grew louder and I find it impossible to believe that they didn't know what that win would mean to us. We get Dallas at home once every 8 years. Do you know how many Texans players were on the team that won 19-10 in 2002? Not a damn one. Think about that. Any idea how many Texans players from this loss will face the Cowboys again at home the next time this game comes to town? Maybe some of the rookies. Mario will be retired by then in all likelyhood. Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub will most likely be a memory too. We get this game rarely. The Texans players can't even count on getting to play Dallas at home more than once in a career.

This needed to be a win. We need this win like Aggie Fan needs to beat UT or Longhorn Fan needs to beat OU. We need it like Auburn fan wants to win against Alabama. It's IMPORTANT TO US!

Sure, there are priorities. There's a "plan" and we need to beat our division rivals more than we do the Cowboys from the NFC East but who gets excited about sending Jacksonville packing? Tennessee and Indianapolis we crave wins against but we get to tilt at those windmills every single season. The next time we play the Cowboys it will be up there in Dallas at the Legion of Doom headquarters.

Oh well, like I said before in the other thread all we can do is try to arrange a third meeting by making it to the Super Bowl and hoping they are there too.

The way I see things right now we're 2-1 with a winnable game in Oakland coming up.

2-1

@ Raiders (W) = 3-1

Get Cushing back

vs. Giants (W) = 4-1
vs. Chiefs (W) = 5-1

Bye Week. Make it the break at 5-1 and we are getting it done. After that things get murky wit this schedule

@ Colts
vs. Chargers
@ Jaguars
@ Jets
vs. Titans
@ Eagles
vs. Ravens
@ Broncos
vs. Jaguars

Ok, If you think about our division thenwe're most likely going to split with the Colts making us 5-2. That leaves 4 division games against the Jaguars and Titans. If we're able to split with the Titans and sweep the Jaguars then we've got ourselves 3 more wins. That's 8-2 with remaining games against the

Chargers
Jets
Eagles
Ravens
Broncos

We need to find at least two more wins in there. None of them look easy to me but I think we can manage two more wins and a 10-6 record.

gtexan02
09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I think the reason is because there is no team loyalty anymore. These guys are NFL players first, and Texans second (well, most of them).

They don't want to look the part of the hometown player. They want to come off as the bigger, businessman type. If Dallas says there is no rivalry, you better believe none of our players will admit to it.

As fans, this kind of was our superbowl. This game really does mean a lot to the city of Houston and the popularity of football in Texas. Its a slap in the face to ignore it completely and come out that flat

Norg
09-27-2010, 02:28 PM
The season is still young My friend ONE WEEK AT A TIME !!!!!!!!

and to look ahead why cant we sweep our entire divison :roast: why not lets have that swag

Sweep colts

Sweep jags

Sweep titans

Get revenge on the Jets

Shine on MNF and take out the ratbirds

!!!!!!! the players are not in panic mode so yeah im not either

TexCanada
09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Rivalries between fans and rivalries between teams/players are very different. We don't play the Cowboys very often, so the rivalry between the teams/players is basically non-existant. The Colts and Titans we play all the time, so both rivalries are apparent.

nero THE zero
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I think the reason is because there is no team loyalty anymore. These guys are NFL players first, and Texans second (well, most of them).

I disagree. I think they don't get it because it's irrational.

The very reasons presented here for why this is such an important game (namely, once every 8 years), is the very reason it's just another game to the players.

These guys haven't grown up in Houston. They don't get the hatred for Dallas. They haven't been fully exposed to the Cowboy fans in this city. That's why they don't get it.

That said, I agree with your assessment Herv. I think 10(+) wins is very attainable. Out of Philly, SD, and Denver, at least 2 wins should be a piece of cake, assuming we are who we think we are.

hradhak
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree with the Raiders and Giants being winnable games. The Chiefs are 3-0 and look like they are a very good team. It is a home game, but if we're going to beat them we're going to need everything to be clicking.

I think the Chargers are beatable too. They maybe 1-2 right now, but they lost to the Chiefs and Seahawks which are both good teams.

I think we have to beat the Titans twice. Our run defense is going to get a serious test, but they can't pass the ball with VY. Our offense should match up well with their defense.

The Jets are going to be a real difficult team to beat and it's in New York.

The Eagles in Philly likewise. I think with Vick at the helm they will pose problems, but Vick is as likely to beat his own team as he is to win the game. I like our chances though.

I think we need to take one from the Broncos. It's a team that has talent, but they struggle with inconsistent play.

I'm unsure about the Ravens. Their defense is going to be stellar, and Flacco can throw the ball. Hopefully by then we have worked out the kinks in our secondary.

Second Honeymoon
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
No reason to panic
This game wasn't as important as the divisional games coming up. There is no rivalry. There never has been and there won't be any time soon. This game could have planted a seed of rivalry by ending their season in Week3. But the texans failed to plant the seed. Just another non-conference game

A rivalry has to be two ways
It's all one way with this 'rivalry'

I look forward to the Texans moving past the loss and focusing for the raiders. Nothing wrong with 3-1 with Cushing comingback

The titans are our true rival
The texans have to finally find a way to beat VY

Rey
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
At what point do we give the other team some credit?

I know that as human beings we are naturally egocentric. But sometimes your team doesn't play as well as the other team is making them look, and sometimes your team is not as bad as the other team makes them look.

I think the Texans are somewhere in between the team that beat the Colts and loss to the Cowboys.

Hopefully we get better throughout the year. The team played bad yesterday. There's no doubt about it. But I also think that the Cowboys made some really good plays.

GP
09-27-2010, 03:27 PM
SH is pwning you guys, but this time he's doing it by displaying a sense of calmness when others are freaking out.

He knows what I know: Cushing being absent hurts this WHOLE team. To answer somebody else (Thunderkyss, I think): The reason Cushing helps the whole team is because he controls his area and allows the whole defense to do better...which means Schaub and his offense do not have to carry the burden the whole game.

This is why.

Schaub and this offense are NOT the team who can match a team score-for-score. The reason we beat the Colts was because our defense found a way to get a critical turnover when a Colts WR caught the ball on a huge play near the end zone and he fumbled it to us.

Our offense is based on methodically moving down the field, eating clock, and staying ahead of the other team's offense. The rally vs. the Redskins was the exception to the rule, IMO. It was a gift from the football gods or something. Because this team is not as wide-open run-n-shoot as they have been made out to be.

If our defense doesn't hold the other team down, and therefore the opposing offense scores TDs on a consistent basis, our own offense begins to crumble due to one thing: TIME. It needs t-i-m-e to move down the field. Every play sets up the next play. But if we're down by too much, we're just like any other team who is put in that scenario: You're going to force things that you shouldn't.

The past two weeks, there has been some fluky things that have aided our defense. With Cushing in there, he tends to make his own luck. 4 sacks and 4 interceptions last year.

Everyone, on both sides of the ball, seems to play better when Cush is there.

Honoring Earl 34
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
SH is pwning you guys, but this time he's doing it by displaying a sense of calmness when others are freaking out.

He knows what I know: Cushing being absent hurts this WHOLE team. To answer somebody else (Thunderkyss, I think): The reason Cushing helps the whole team is because he controls his area and allows the whole defense to do better...which means Schaub and his offense do not have to carry the burden the whole game.

This is why.

Schaub and this offense are NOT the team who can match a team score-for-score. The reason we beat the Colts was because our defense found a way to get a critical turnover when a Colts WR caught the ball on a huge play near the end zone and he fumbled it to us.

Our offense is based on methodically moving down the field, eating clock, and staying ahead of the other team's offense. The rally vs. the Redskins was the exception to the rule, IMO. It was a gift from the football gods or something. Because this team is not as wide-open run-n-shoot as they have been made out to be.

If our defense doesn't hold the other team down, and therefore the opposing offense scores TDs on a consistent basis, our own offense begins to crumble due to one thing: TIME. It needs t-i-m-e to move down the field. Every play sets up the next play. But if we're down by too much, we're just like any other team who is put in that scenario: You're going to force things that you shouldn't.

The past two weeks, there has been some fluky things that have aided our defense. With Cushing in there, he tends to make his own luck. 4 sacks and 4 interceptions last year.

Everyone, on both sides of the ball, seems to play better when Cush is there.

Every day the bucket goes to the well , one day the bottom will drop out . They beat the Raiders and they are ok .

El Tejano
09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree with this post. I'm just tired of being looked at as the guy that likes "the bad team". For once I just want the opportunity to look at Cowboy fans and see them looking sad because their team aint my team.

Double Barrel
09-27-2010, 03:55 PM
I hope we don't see "that" Texans team again this year. Losing is one thing, it happens. It is unrealistic to expect a perfect season. But how they lose is a completely different matter.

I had hoped that the Texans were turning a corner with the first two games, that this team had the propensity to fight and show up to every game. But after yesterday, m'eh, not so much. We're back to hoping that the good Texans team shows up now, with at least the knowledge that when the good team shows up they can beat anyone.

That was roll over for a tummy scratch and tails between the legs performance yesterday. You know what I'm talking about when that dog won't hunt. It rolls over and tinkles on itself. That's what I felt like I was witnessing yesterday. Our team peeing down it's leg and telling us it's raining.

It never seemed like any phase of the team was putting up much of a fight. Simply put, I felt disgusted by a pathetic display of putridness that really just made me sick that our team just got it's ass handed to it by the freakin' Dallas Cowboys. They should be ashamed to put forth a such a sorry, low caliber performance in front of their hometown fans. Seriously, they don't even deserve a paycheck for that crap.

Pick up your boots, Texans, and let's see you PROVE it to your fans that our restored faith in you was based on real potential, and not some delusion.

:roast: [/rant]

wagonhed
09-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Meh, winning against the Cowboys isn't all that important to me, either. Beating the Colts and Titans is much more important to me. For that matter, so is beating the Ravens, who have routinely whooped our ass in the past.

The Cowboys are just another team as far as I'm concerned and the original post in this thread comes off as more than a bit whiney.

Now as far as the Texans play, THAT was embarassing. When we play like that, I don't care who it's against, it's not a whole lot of fun.

Pantherstang84
09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I hope we don't see "that" Texans team again this year. Losing is one thing, it happens. It is unrealistic to expect a perfect season. But how they lose is a completely different matter.

I had hoped that the Texans were turning a corner with the first two games, that this team had the propensity to fight and show up to every game. But after yesterday, m'eh, not so much. We're back to hoping that the good Texans team shows up now, with at least the knowledge that when the good team shows up they can beat anyone.

That was roll over for a tummy scratch and tails between the legs performance yesterday. You know what I'm talking about when that dog won't hunt. It rolls over and tinkles on itself. That's what I felt like I was witnessing yesterday. Our team peeing down it's leg and telling us it's raining.

It never seemed like any phase of the team was putting up much of a fight. Simply put, I felt disgusted by a pathetic display of putridness that really just made me sick that our team just got it's ass handed to it by the freakin' Dallas Cowboys. They should be ashamed to put forth a such a sorry, low caliber performance in front of their hometown fans. Seriously, they don't even deserve a paycheck for that crap.

Pick up your boots, Texans, and let's see you PROVE it to your fans that our restored faith in you was based on real potential, and not some delusion.

:roast: [/rant]

:bravo::goodpost:

My sentiments exactly and then for Winston to get up in the post game presser and say he was not embarrassed by the team's performance demonstrates to me that maybe they still don't get it.

TimeKiller
09-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Because none of them are from Houston. They couldn't care less how we feel about Dallas and rightfully so.

On the other hand....

With 69,999 (and 1 asshole telling me to sit down instead of cheering for his team) fans cheering THAT loudly...there is ZERO reason to be anything other than PUMPED......doesn't matter WHO the opposing team is. WE took care of what WE take care of, hating Dallas and showing it. THEY are supposed to take that energy and KNOCK SOMEONE THE HELL OUT!!!!!!! Instead they just thoroughly proved how little they cared about Dallas.

Double Barrel
09-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Meh, winning against the Cowboys isn't all that important to me, either. Beating the Colts and Titans is much more important to me. For that matter, so is beating the Ravens, who have routinely whooped our ass in the past.

The Cowboys are just another team as far as I'm concerned and the original post in this thread comes off as more than a bit whiney.

Now as far as the Texans play, THAT was embarassing. When we play like that, I don't care who it's against, it's not a whole lot of fun.

While I certainly agree that in the big scheme of things, losing to an NFC opponent is much better than losing a division game, my perspective was more about your last point: how they lost the game.

If they play like that again, I wouldn't expect them to win squat.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 05:09 PM
:bravo::goodpost:

My sentiments exactly and then for Winston to get up in the post game presser and say he was not embarrassed by the team's performance demonstrates to me that maybe they still don't get it.

Well, maybe Winston doesn't get it. Go read what Pollard and Foster were saying after the game.

Showtime100
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
What I don't understand is why the Texans from the players on up don't seem to understand how badly Texan Fan needs that win. They spent all week talking about how little they cared about this game and how it was just another team on the schedule.

The entire time they were doing that the roar of the fans grew louder and I find it impossible to believe that they didn't know what that win would mean to us. We get Dallas at home once every 8 years. Do you know how many Texans players were on the team that won 19-10 in 2002? Not a damn one. Think about that. Any idea how many Texans players from this loss will face the Cowboys again at home the next time this game comes to town? Maybe some of the rookies. Mario will be retired by then in all likelyhood. Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub will most likely be a memory too. We get this game rarely. The Texans players can't even count on getting to play Dallas at home more than once in a career.

This needed to be a win. We need this win like Aggie Fan needs to beat UT or Longhorn Fan needs to beat OU. We need it like Auburn fan wants to win against Alabama. It's IMPORTANT TO US!

Sure, there are priorities. There's a "plan" and we need to beat our division rivals more than we do the Cowboys from the NFC East but who gets excited about sending Jacksonville packing? Tennessee and Indianapolis we crave wins against but we get to tilt at those windmills every single season. The next time we play the Cowboys it will be up there in Dallas at the Legion of Doom headquarters.

Oh well, like I said before in the other thread all we can do is try to arrange a third meeting by making it to the Super Bowl and hoping they are there too.

The way I see things right now we're 2-1 with a winnable game in Oakland coming up.

2-1

@ Raiders (W) = 3-1

Get Cushing back

vs. Giants (W) = 4-1
vs. Chiefs (W) = 5-1

Bye Week. Make it the break at 5-1 and we are getting it done. After that things get murky wit this schedule

@ Colts
vs. Chargers
@ Jaguars
@ Jets
vs. Titans
@ Eagles
vs. Ravens
@ Broncos
vs. Jaguars

Ok, If you think about our division thenwe're most likely going to split with the Colts making us 5-2. That leaves 4 division games against the Jaguars and Titans. If we're able to split with the Titans and sweep the Jaguars then we've got ourselves 3 more wins. That's 8-2 with remaining games against the

Chargers
Jets
Eagles
Ravens
Broncos

We need to find at least two more wins in there. None of them look easy to me but I think we can manage two more wins and a 10-6 record.

I'm sorry but I stopped right there. What ever gave you the idea your/our Houston Texans give a damn about you/us? I never went into that delusion for a second. I'm not picking on the Texans either. Pro teams are pro teams. They are in it for about 3 things and the fan is about the 6th reason.

Hervoyel
09-27-2010, 05:17 PM
I dunno, maybe it was Mario talking about how he takes what opposing fans say and do out on their QB's? Maybe it was players talking about how they feed off the energy in the stadium?

Maybe I'm just guilty of buying their bullshit.

Could be.

Showtime100
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I dunno, maybe it was Mario talking about how he takes what opposing fans say and do out on their QB's? Maybe it was players talking about how they feed off the energy in the stadium?

Could be.

Guess so. Yeah, players feeding off fans is a good way to put it.

PockyAF
09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I could care less about the blatantly one-sided rivalry between the Texans and the Cowboys. I could care less that we lost to an in-state team that we play once every four years.

It's the fact that lost to an 0-2 team, at home, with that team as bad and mistake-prone as they were against their first two opponents. I mean they were almost handing us the game, saying "take it, we like being winless", but we politely refused and said "nahhh, we're 2-0, it time we get a loss. We're the Texans, it's what we do".

The only thing the Cowboys have going for them was their D, and that defensive unit were being penalized quite a bit yesterday.Their offense was lifeless, until we gave them a jump start and brought them back to decency.

Not to mention, our supposedly #1 offense scored only 6 pts on them in the first 46 minutes of play. They were actually up 21pts against us late in the 4th, until the merciful Wade Phillips allow us to score a TD.

I just don't know what was up with them yesterday. The play-calling was iffy. I mean we had a back that was leading the league in rushing and ran for 100yds twice on their D this season, averaging over 6ypc in both game. We had a guy averaging 4.5+ ypc to spell him when he gets tired of torching their defense.

Our o-line plays were choking at crucial moments giving up sacks on 3rd down/in the RZ, getting penalized, and not being able to push the opposing line back in goal-line run plays.

Our WR's were consistently having troubled getting opened, leading to Schaub getting beat up by the D waiting for something to develop.

Our D was our typical D, minus the one man pressure that we were getting from Mario the first two games. I said after the Colts game that our secondary was going to cost us games. Well, they didn't waste anytime doing that. And to think, we still have 13 weeks left with these goobers.

I'm thinking/hoping that it was just us being drained from an emotional comeback win at the Skins, where our entire team left everything out on the field, as well as the opposing team.

It would definitely explain why we got blown out by the Cowboys, just like how the Skins got blown out by the Rams.

Either way, we were set up to become 3-0, in front of our home crowd against the Cowboys. We had a chance to be one of the 5 undefeated team heading into week 4. A chance to jostling were last man standing with Pittsburgh & Chicago/GB.

The national media were crowning us, we were be talked as one of the "elite" team in the eyes of the media and the national viewers. And we did what we usually do in those pressured situations. We busted.

"Two pump chumps" for yet another year.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 06:48 PM
It appears the 'Skins were also emotionally drained from the OT game. They came out flat as hell against the lowly Rams, who aren't very talented at all. The Cowboys, on the other hand, ARE a very talented team that was just playing undisciplined for the first two games.

Lucky
09-27-2010, 07:45 PM

You can give the other team all the credit you want. But, this wasn't a close game that was well played by both teams. It was a rout. Maybe not on the scoreboard, but that's what it looked like watching the game. I give the Texans zero credit for being routed. That shouldn't happen to a playoff team.

DexmanC
09-27-2010, 07:56 PM
You can give the other team all the credit you want. But, this wasn't a close game that was well played by both teams. It was a rout. Maybe not on the scoreboard, but that's what it looked like watching the game. I give the Texans zero credit for being routed. That shouldn't happen to a playoff team.

Getting routed at HOME, to your largest home crowd of ALL TIME, is
unacceptable. This game was no different than the Jets game last year.
Seems like the Colts game is more the exception than the rule, when it
comes to how the Texans play at home.

Honoring Earl 34
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM

Could be.

EUREKA ... BOO Mario and say we wanted vince .... damn i coulda had a v8 .

Norg
09-27-2010, 08:53 PM
It appears the 'Skins were also emotionally drained from the OT game. They came out flat as hell against the lowly Rams, who aren't very talented at all. The Cowboys, on the other hand, ARE a very talented team that was just playing undisciplined for the first two games.

THe rams nearly beat us last year im telling u the rams will win a few games this year there not to be taken lightly

imatexan
09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
If anything Sundays game proved there is a rivalry between the Texans vs Cowboys as I have been saying all along.

You can try and lie to yourself and say that no rivalry exists but if you were at the tailgates before the games or at the game you know that some sort of a rivalry exits .

If nothing else, it is a rivalry among the fans.

thunderkyss
09-27-2010, 09:17 PM
What I don't understand is why the Texans from the players on up don't seem to understand how badly Texan Fan needs that win.

I think it's even more than just what the fans want.

How many times are you going to say, "We won't get punched in the mouth anymore & just take it."

Then come out & get punched in the mouth repeatedly? I know they're saying Wade didn't trust his kicker, but for them to continue to go for it on 4 & short pretty much told me what the Cowboys thought about our defense.

It's like they were smaking us in the head with their schlong & saying, "What are you going to do about it?"

And we said, "Nothing."

Pantherstang84
09-27-2010, 09:22 PM
EUREKA ... BOO Mario and say we wanted vince .... damn i coulda had a v8 .

I don't think that is what Herv said and to imply otherwise is just ignorant. Look people are pissed. The point being made is that it seems that the team flipped the fans the finger yesterday is what it really comes down to. Hell. They were doing the interviews with ESPN, et. al. They were taking the calls from the fans on the "radio shows" all week. They knew how much the Houston faithful wanted this game above all others.

Instead, they took the week off and talked to Jim Rome and told the fans to @%#$ off with their "play". Same thing they have done the past 2 to 3 years. Have a little bit of success then let it go to their collective heads. All their talk during the off season about maturing was just that, talk. They haven't matured one damn bit.

So forgive me if I stop buying their BS.

If they want to be taken seriously as "professional" football players, then they need to show up every damn week for work. They need quit hyping themselves up and pooping on our field.

Playoffs? I'll believe when I freaking see it. Until then, shut the hell up, quit the press interviews and play the damn game!

/vent

thunderkyss
09-27-2010, 09:30 PM

Never. Do you think the Cowboys are giving us any credit? Do you think we owe the Colts some credit?

We imposed our will on the Colts, the Cowboys imposed their will on us.

We need to be so good that we impose our will on them.

Period.

Ryan
09-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Threads like this are the exact reason i tend to stay away from the forums for a few days after losses.

It seems like you people think the Texans intentionally wanted to lose this game just to take it to the fans. If you honestly believe that, you might want to get yourself checked out, you have some serious issues.

We faced one of the most talented teams in the league who faced a ton of miscues and mistakes in their first two games, and had their whole season on the line with this game. GET OVER IT. The Cowboys played better than us yesterday.

We play the Raiders, Giants, and Chiefs over the next 3 weeks. Maybe if we lose 2 or more of those then we have issues. Until then, it's a long damn season, and some of you need to chill out.

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Who says they don't get it?? I'm sure they "get it", Why don't the Texans execute?

:hides: *ducks punches* :runaway:

Pantherstang84
09-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Threads like this are the exact reason i tend to stay away from the forums for a few days after losses.

It seems like you people think the Texans intentionally wanted to lose this game just to take it to the fans. If you honestly believe that, you might want to get yourself checked out, you have some serious issues.

We faced one of the most talented teams in the league who faced a ton of miscues and mistakes in their first two games, and had their whole season on the line with this game. GET OVER IT. The Cowboys played better than us yesterday.

We play the Raiders, Giants, and Chiefs over the next 3 weeks. Maybe if we lose 2 or more of those then we have issues. Until then, it's a long damn season, and some of you need to chill out.

Maybe it would sound better if it came from the coach himself. Because he pretty much said as much on 610 today during his weekly call in show. Said he could tell by the way they practiced all last week that they really were not working as hard.

No. They screwed up by dominating the Colts in week 1. That showed everyone they had the talent and can beat anyone if they want to. Now when they get embarrassed and dominated in their own house by any other team in this league, everyone can call BS on their "effort". Oh that's right. Winston said there was nothing to be embarrassed about. So scratch that word. We will just go with dominated.

Wolf
09-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I actually wasn't as angry after a loss as I normally have gotten over the years. However, I was disappointed because I think everybody knew the Cowboys were going to bring their "A" game. I guess for me, I had a feeling the Texans were going to lose, but I didn't see much fire or emotion out of the team. that is what disappointed me. Cowboys have been hyped as a super bowl contender and the Texans hyped as a team that might make the playoffs. this was a GOOD early season test for them to just show anything that they can play toe to toe with a playoff contending team. (well seemed early that the fans had the playoff atmosphere going on (even Buck and Troy talked about it)), someone forgot to tell the Texans

I expected the secondary to take their lumps early in the season. but to get beat up and down the field was disappointing. I just didn't see any fire in the players or imagination on the playcalling, but with that said, My hats off to Wade Phillips and maybe he did actually game plan this time.

It seemed like each player was waiting for next player to make the big play.

oh well come on Oakland

Wolf
09-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I probably am WAY over reacting and reading too much into it.

seems with the quotes that I have read, the team seems very nonchalant about the loss except some quotes that I have heard from Pollard and Kubiak

maybe I am wrong and haven't read enough quotes or maybe just reading into things that aren't there.

anyway.. I am getting my mind ready for Oakland

Showtime100
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Where did you get that? I mean......where?

Ryan
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Where did you get that? I mean......where?

Pantherstang seemed to mention it.

The point is, it seems like people are getting WAY too hostile over one game because they have to deal with some idiotic cowpie fans because of it. If that's our biggest problem this season then we will be fine.

Pantherstang84
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Look. The loss to the girls is one thing. But for the players to seem unapologetic afterwards (except for maybe Pollard) and nonchalant afterwards is just insult to injury. Am I still butt hurt? You bet. SheTexan said it best the fans showed up, brought passion tried to yell the pie fans out of the building.

What did the players do? Well they did take the field, but they really didn't show up. After what they did to the Colts, there is absolutely no excuse for getting ***** slapped around in their own house by the team from Southern Oklahoma. No excuse.

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM

On a rare occasion, we agree! The Texans were outplayed, overwhlemed and beaten down.

That said, it ain't the end of the world. Beat the Raiders and we're 3-1 after 4. Many folks (after Cushing's suspension) suspected we would come out of that 2-2.... "F" the 'Gurls game, we could still come out 3-1 after the Raider game.

I would give up on the criticism of the offense and get after the defense if I were you "Mr. Litterateur"!!

Hookem Horns
09-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I was just listening to the Schaub interview on 610. You can hear it here http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/09/27/matt-schaub-with-marc-and-john-92710/

He basically said that to most of the players the Cowboys were just another game since most of them are not from Texas.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Look. The loss to the girls is one thing. But for the players to seem unapologetic afterwards (except for maybe Pollard) and nonchalant afterwards is just insult to injury. Am I still butt hurt? You bet. SheTexan said it best the fans showed up, brought passion tried to yell the pie fans out of the building.

What did the players do? Well they did take the field, but they really didn't show up. After what they did to the Colts, there is absolutely no excuse for getting ***** slapped around in their own house by the team from Southern Oklahoma. No excuse.

Pollard and Foster were the only ones that seemed upset.

Lucky
09-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I would give up on the criticism of the offense and get after the defense if I were you "Mr. Litterateur"!!
I don't even know what that means. Thank you, I think, Mr. Prolific.

I critique what I see. If I see subpar play or coaching, I will point it out. Wherever I see it. As a paying customer for going on 9 years, I feel like I have the privilege. I will also point out the good. I just didn't see much good on Sunday. Arian Foster. And....well, Arian Foster.

Pantherstang84
09-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Pollard and Foster were the only ones that seemed upset.

And that is where the problem lies. 2 out 53. 2. Look maybe I am a wierdo who has a romantic notion of football, instead of how many fantasy football points my fantasy team scored. Anyway I'm putting my soap box away. I hope the Texans make the playoffs this year. But they have to show they have indeed turned the before I start buying the hype. Personally, I think they are still peeking around it.

Peace.

SheTexan
09-27-2010, 11:52 PM
I was just listening to the Schaub interview on 610. You can hear it here http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/09/27/matt-schaub-with-marc-and-john-92710/

He basically said that to most of the players the Cowboys were just another game since most of them are not from Texas.

So basically, they didn't give a crap about the fans! Hummm, interesting! They would have to be blind, deaf, and just plain ass DUMB not to know how much that game meant to the fans!!!! Maybe all the rest of the OTHER games we play at home will mean LESS to me. After all, I'm not from Cali, NJ, NC, Fla, etc. Maybe I'll just sit on my ass and keep my mouth shut!! After all, it's just another game!! It don't mean sheeeet!!!:sarcasm:

Mr. White
09-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Maybe the Texans don't "get it."

Here is where we need some perspective as fans. We have no control over whether our team gives a shit if they lose to the in-state rival.

They damn sure don't care as much as the fans do about this game. They don't have to put up with Cowboys fans every day. They don't want to stick it to them as bad as we do. As bad as that 2002 team was, at least they gave a shit back then about beating the Cowboys.

I'll bet the Titans and Colts games are probably a different story.

Mr. White
09-28-2010, 12:11 AM

This is why I missed Cushing so bad yesterday. The guy's attitude is contagious.

Call it a hunch, but I bet he hates the Cowboys too. I haven't met a guy from Jersey yet that grew up a Cowboys fan.

But I know.....if, if, if......

Hervoyel
09-28-2010, 01:07 AM

I take from that "Cowboys don't mean anything special to us" approach that the Texans and the fans of the Texans are not on the same page. As has already been pointed out to me NFL teams have their priorities and a rivalry like this is pretty low on that list. Still, you want your fans behind you don't you? You want fans right? I mean, fans buy tickets and beer and watch games on TV and all that stuff. Fans make your profession profitable.

It just makes no sense to me. The Oilers back in the day knew damn well what Houston expected of them whenever they played the Dallas Cowboys and they appeared to me to be busting their collective asses to get it done*. Arguably they won no more than the Texans have so far but the effort always appeared. The Texans just kind of "lay there and take it" too often. It's disgusting to watch that against any opponent. Against the Cowboys it carries an additional amount of "Awwww Hell No!"

_____
* I tend to hold every football team up against the Luv-Ya-Blue era Oilers and most fall short in comparison. Those teams played over their heads often and I saw them defeated at times but never out hustled or surpassed in effort. One of the reasons I never warmed up to the more talented but less intense Moon era Oilers was that they seemed to habitually play down to their opponents, not up to them. The Texans have the same problem.

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 01:09 AM
This is why I missed Cushing so bad yesterday. The guy's attitude is contagious.

Call it a hunch, but I bet he hates the Cowboys too. I haven't met a guy from Jersey yet that grew up a Cowboys fan.

But I know.....if, if, if......

To be honest I think Cushing hates everyone.

I think he kicks puppies and snacks on Kittens.

He is a VERY BAD MAN.

Great player though.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 02:10 AM

And I get that.... It's more important to us (the fans), than it is to the actual players.

The 'Gurls were desperate for a win; the Texans weren't ready for that desperation (as bitchy as it was, with their little bitchy ass, wannabe fans).

Take this Gurl's fans, y'all are 1-2 in the Nancy Football Conference (NFC)... We're still in first in our Division!!! Beyotches!!!!!!!

Oh, and BTW, thank you for proving that y'all are some of the most disrespectful, ignorant, arrogant, most asisnine wannabe fans----- EVAH!!!!

*This does not include some of our very close TT friends, and y'all know who you y'all who y'all are!!!*

Hookem Horns
09-28-2010, 02:48 AM
The Oilers back in the day knew damn well what Houston expected of them whenever they played the Dallas Cowboys and they appeared to me to be busting their collective asses to get it done.

The Luv Ya Blue Oilers had their own reasons for hating the Oilers as Carl Mauck explains in this interview http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/09/23/former-houston-oiler-and-major-cowboy-hater-carl-mauck-shares-his-thoughts/

After Sunday the Texans players should hate the Cowboys for the same reasons Mauck gives in that interview.

TexansBlood
09-28-2010, 11:22 AM
It's upsetting and hurtful for Schaub to say it's just another game. To us Houstonians who are proud of our city and our Texans team it was not just another game it was about pride for our city!

DID NONE OF THE PLAYERS HEAR IRVING'S DISS SAYING WE ARE THE STEPCHILD????? Kubiak should have played that before walking out the half to motivate the players but then again most of them are not from Texas like Shaub said so they didnt give a damn.

It runs through my mind that I should have sold me tickets for the game and I would have had half the money for next yrs season tickets... But then again just thinking about a Cowgirl sitting on my seats is disgusting!!

Double Barrel
09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Pantherstang seemed to mention it.

The point is, it seems like people are getting WAY too hostile over one game because they have to deal with some idiotic cowpie fans because of it. If that's our biggest problem this season then we will be fine.

It's what fans do. Something about being a FANATIC... :thinking:

I don't think losing to the Cowboys is going to be our biggest problem this year. This game exposed the glaring weakness that we already knew about with our secondary. And without a pass rush, it makes them look even worse. Couple that with an anemic, uninspired offensive outing, and it was a plain and simple ass whoopin' that we witnessed last Sunday.

So looking ahead, it is painfully obvious that if our offense has a bad day, don't expect positive outcomes. Our pass rush consists of one man, and when he's double-teamed out of the picture, the rest of them are just lumpy gravy.

Maybe Cushing makes a big impact, but he can't be everywhere at once.

Our team over-achieved the first two weeks, and fans are rightfully concerned that what we saw against it the Cowboys might show the true character of this team. Hot and cold and maybe lukewarm, but not the boiling hot that we thought we could have going into the game. They came out cold against Dallas, and that is the one thing that none of us expected to see.

hradhak
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
David Anderson and JJ on SR610 this morning said that to them it was just another game as well. As someone pointed out, most, if not all of these players won't be here the next time we play the Cowturds. I can understand that you cannot win every game, but you should at least have the motivation knowing that this one means a little more to the fans. The next time the team comes out to play at Reliant, fans will remember and they will give you more support for it.

eriadoc
09-28-2010, 11:41 AM
It's upsetting and hurtful for Schaub to say it's just another game.

This is the 2nd time Schaub has said something to offend the fans. I think he's just insensitive to the realities here, but my wife says she'll never like the guy because of what he said last time. *shrug*

Ryan
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
It's what fans do. Something about being a FANATIC... :thinking:

I don't think losing to the Cowboys is going to be our biggest problem this year. This game exposed the glaring weakness that we already knew about with our secondary. And without a pass rush, it makes them look even worse. Couple that with an anemic, uninspired offensive outing, and it was a plain and simple ass whoopin' that we witnessed last Sunday.

So looking ahead, it is painfully obvious that if our offense has a bad day, don't expect positive outcomes. Our pass rush consists of one man, and when he's double-teamed out of the picture, the rest of them are just lumpy gravy.

Maybe Cushing makes a big impact, but he can't be everywhere at once.

Our team over-achieved the first two weeks, and fans are rightfully concerned that what we saw against it the Cowboys might show the true character of this team. Hot and cold and maybe lukewarm, but not the boiling hot that we thought we could have going into the game. They came out cold against Dallas, and that is the one thing that none of us expected to see.

Cushing will undoubtedly improve our secondary when he comes back, since we will at least solidify the middle of our field, and maybe opposing receivers will be a bit more tentative coming over the middle. And our secondary can only get better seeing as it probably could not get any worse.

GuerillaBlack
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
David Anderson and JJ on SR610 this morning said that to them it was just another game as well. As someone pointed out, most, if not all of these players won't be here the next time we play the Cowturds. I can understand that you cannot win every game, but you should at least have the motivation knowing that this one means a little more to the fans. The next time the team comes out to play at Reliant, fans will remember and they will give you more support for it.

Kubiak is from Houston and should have told them something. Maybe now he will.

Ranger Tom
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I lived in Arizona for a while. I followed the Texans as closely as I could through cable and the Internet. One day some guy trying to sell magazine subscriptions knocked on my door. He made the usual salesman's attempt at BS small talk, and I mentioned that I was from Houston.

He said, "Oh, so you're a Cowboys fan." He wasn't teasing. He just assumed.

Our season hopes and dreams can survive one non-conference loss, if we can whip up a pass rush.

But I. WANTED. THIS. WIN.

Hookem Horns
09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
This is the 2nd time Schaub has said something to offend the fans. I think he's just insensitive to the realities here, but my wife says she'll never like the guy because of what he said last time. *shrug*

Did I miss something? What did he say last time?

GP
09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm growing tired of the whole "rivalry" idea. The older I get, the less i care about dispensing justice or getting revenge on a particular team.

If we go all the way, or make it farther into the playoffs than the Cowboys this year, will the Cowboys loss be a big deal? It won't be to me. I'm not even sure it's a big deal at all.

We're in two different conferences. We don't play each other twice-per-season. Heck, we don't even play each other once-per-season. They happen to be in the same state as us.

To me, rivalry stuff is for high school and college. If there are two NFL teams who want to make it a grudge match between each other, so be it. If one team decides to be "Meh..." about it, then so be it.

Count me as someone who thinks it's good if we beat them, but that it's also not the end of the world if they beat us. I'm thinking marathon, not sprint.

GP
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Did I miss something? What did he say last time?

Something to the effect of "Fans shouldn't be saying or doing the things they do, because it brings down the players and doesn't support them..."

Sort of a wagging of the finger, admonition type of soundbite.

Personally, I don't care. He's human and he can have an opinion.

ChampionTexan
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Okay, I've been here since '84, but I didn't grow up here. I understand as well as anybody the disdain for Cowboys fans in general, and particularly those who call the Houston area home. I was actually a fan of the Cowboys when growing up around the KC area, but it took me only one (maybe two) seasons of living and working with the "local" Cowboy fans for me to do a 180 and take them from close to the top to the bottom of the list.

That said, I've heard what a big rivalry it should be for the team, and I've heard what a big rivalry it is for the fans. I've seen evidence from the Texan fans of how seriously they take it. I have yet to see anything demonstrating to me that either team, or Dallas fans living anywhere in the world other than Houston and surrounding areas, view it in that way. I also don't see it with either the Rangers or the Mavericks, and the fact that we play each of those teams several times a year should strengthen the rivalry - not water it down. I honestly don't see it as that big a deal, and I'd take Houston as a city over Dallas eight days a week. That has nothing to do with a football game.

Yeah, not taking crap from Dallas fans is nice, but I'd much rather have a win over Indy under my belt for lots of reasons that have to do with the ultimate success of the team. Personally, as much as I hate the Cowboys, it's because of the local fans - I'd much rather beat Tennesse twice, as I feel the team itself screwed me as a fan over, not to mention the city I've called home for well over 20 years.

That's it - flame away, but I see the city rivalry thing as overblown and pretty much a one way street.

Second Honeymoon
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
So basically, they didn't give a crap about the fans! Hummm, interesting! They would have to be blind, deaf, and just plain ass DUMB not to know how much that game meant to the fans!!!! Maybe all the rest of the OTHER games we play at home will mean LESS to me. After all, I'm not from Cali, NJ, NC, Fla, etc. Maybe I'll just sit on my ass and keep my mouth shut!! After all, it's just another game!! It don't mean sheeeet!!!:sarcasm:

they don't hold the same disdain for Dallas that it seems average Houstonian has for the city and its team. personally, I have lived here since 1977 and I don't have the same disdain either. Frankly, I hate Saints fan more than I could ever hate Dallas fan. It's not a rivalry. It IS just another game.

The fans who were super geeked up for the game need to get over the jealousy and/or hatred towards dallas. All it does is show us to be more about pissing in someone else's corn flakes more than keeping someone from pissing in our own. hate the Titans. hate the Colts. those are our rivals.

you can't call something that happens every 4 years a rivalry. its called the olympics.

I kinda understand where the jealousy/hatred comes from but for some people to point to this game as the biggest of the year is just retarded. This was probably the 12th most important game for stuff that matters. this jealousy/hatred stuff can go screw itself. This is the NFL not college football and a once-every-4 year rivalry ISN"T a rivalry. sorry but its not.

the Cowboys kicked our team's butt. they were the better team and if you were honest about everything, they probably have a more talented team as well. both teams have severe deficiencies at critical areas (coaching and secondary) but to act like the Cowboys suck or that the Texans choked is just hogwash.

the Cowboys don't suck and the Texans don't suck. Both teams are borderline playoff teams that could evolve into something better.

For those that disagree, feel free, but just admit that its not a rivalry and don't blame the players for treating it just like another game.....because it was. in fact, its a non-conference game which is the least important games of them all. instead of worrying about what Dallas is doing and how much they 'suck' and how bad their fans are (which they are not) lets focus on our own problems and our fans. maybe try showing up to the game before kickoff. maybe try having our team do everything it can to win (franchise dunta, sign schobel, attract quality FAs)

until we worry about ourselves we are doomed for mediocrity. Kubiak knows whats up and he is basically just an average head coach. you didn't see him pissing and moaning about Dallas...he was concerned about our own team and our own problems...screw what the fans with a Napoleonic complex have. They need to get over it and work on the real rivals like TENNESSEE.

KILL THE TITANS!@!!

Showtime100
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
they don't hold the same disdain for Dallas that it seems average Houstonian has for the city and its team. personally, I have lived here since 1977 and I don't have the same disdain either. Frankly, I hate Saints fan more than I could ever hate Dallas fan. It's not a rivalry. It IS just another game.

The fans who were super geeked up for the game need to get over the jealousy and/or hatred towards dallas. All it does is show us to be more about pissing in someone else's corn flakes more than keeping someone from pissing in our own. hate the Titans. hate the Colts. those are our rivals.

you can't call something that happens every 4 years a rivalry. its called the olympics.

I kinda understand where the jealousy/hatred comes from but for some people to point to this game as the biggest of the year is just retarded. This was probably the 12th most important game for stuff that matters. this jealousy/hatred stuff can go screw itself. This is the NFL not college football and a once-every-4 year rivalry ISN"T a rivalry. sorry but its not.

the Cowboys kicked our team's butt. they were the better team and if you were honest about everything, they probably have a more talented team as well. both teams have severe deficiencies at critical areas (coaching and secondary) but to act like the Cowboys suck or that the Texans choked is just hogwash.

the Cowboys don't suck and the Texans don't suck. Both teams are borderline playoff teams that could evolve into something better.

For those that disagree, feel free, but just admit that its not a rivalry and don't blame the players for treating it just like another game.....because it was. in fact, its a non-conference game which is the least important games of them all. instead of worrying about what Dallas is doing and how much they 'suck' and how bad their fans are (which they are not) lets focus on our own problems and our fans. maybe try showing up to the game before kickoff. maybe try having our team do everything it can to win (franchise dunta, sign schobel, attract quality FAs)

until we worry about ourselves we are doomed for mediocrity. Kubiak knows whats up and he is basically just an average head coach. you didn't see him pissing and moaning about Dallas...he was concerned about our own team and our own problems...screw what the fans with a Napoleonic complex have. They need to get over it and work on the real rivals like TENNESSEE.

KILL THE TITANS!@!!

It took you THAT long to say, "I'm not from here and haven't a clue."

bckey
09-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't care what the players say. Does this mean that they are going to come out flat and lazy against the Giants and Eagles because they are non conference games and mean less than conference and division games? The players are just making excuses for their crappy performance against the Cowboys. This goes in the loss column just like any other game. Teams play a 16 game schedule. How hard is it to give your best 16 times a year for 4 quarters a game when you are being paid really well for it? This team needs an attitude adjustment.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't even know what that means. Thank you, I think, Mr. Prolific.

I critique what I see. If I see subpar play or coaching, I will point it out. Wherever I see it. As a paying customer for going on 9 years, I feel like I have the privilege. I will also point out the good. I just didn't see much good on Sunday. Arian Foster. And....well, Arian Foster.

It's more than a priveledge, it's your right as a paying customer! I'm just saying that I can't deal with that defense at all, while I can at least stomach the offense.

Sorry about the Literatuer comment. I thought you once glossed yourself as that in your avatar.

Dread-Head
09-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Neveeeeeeeeeeer!

DUCK
Fallas!

The1ApplePie
09-28-2010, 03:16 PM

KILL THE TITANS!@!!

Quoted for truth.

It was much more a rivalry game for Texans fans than Cowboys fans. The Cowboys have a strong following in Houston, like it or not. I am not alone in being both a Cowboys AND Texans fan. One is the team of my hometown, the other is the one I was raised on. Like I said in another thread, I have been a Boys fan though all the horrible years, as well as the good ones. Same with the Texans.

I never got the Dallas vs. Houston rivalry. They are two cities that are basically the same.

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 03:18 PM
It's upsetting and hurtful for Schaub to say it's just another game. To us Houstonians who are proud of our city and our Texans team it was not just another game it was about pride for our city!

All the "fan rivalry" aside. It's upsetting to me, that they'll let "just another team" come in here & tell them what they can & can't do offensively.

Just another team came to Reliant, dominated our offense & abused our defense.

I hope the other 11 teams we play are nice enough to let us get to the play-offs.

devo-x
09-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I would much rather sweep the Titans than beat the Cowboys

HOU-TEX
09-28-2010, 03:23 PM
It's more than a priveledge, it's your right as a paying customer! I'm just saying that I can't deal with that defense at all, while I can at least stomach the offense.

Sorry about the Literatuer comment. I thought you once glossed yourself as that in your avatar.

I think that's Runner. Dude fires off some words that have me searching dictionary.com. Cool cat though

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I think that's Runner. Dude fires off some words that have me searching dictionary.com. Cool cat though

Ah ha!! You're right!

GuerillaBlack
09-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Okay, I've been here since '84, but I didn't grow up here. I understand as well as anybody the disdain for Cowboys fans in general, and particularly those who call the Houston area home. I was actually a fan of the Cowboys when growing up around the KC area, but it took me only one (maybe two) seasons of living and working with the "local" Cowboy fans for me to do a 180 and take them from close to the top to the bottom of the list.

That said, I've heard what a big rivalry it should be for the team, and I've heard what a big rivalry it is for the fans. I've seen evidence from the Texan fans of how seriously they take it. I have yet to see anything demonstrating to me that either team, or Dallas fans living anywhere in the world other than Houston and surrounding areas, view it in that way. I also don't see it with either the Rangers or the Mavericks, and the fact that we play each of those teams several times a year should strengthen the rivalry - not water it down. I honestly don't see it as that big a deal, and I'd take Houston as a city over Dallas eight days a week. That has nothing to do with a football game.

Yeah, not taking crap from Dallas fans is nice, but I'd much rather have a win over Indy under my belt for lots of reasons that have to do with the ultimate success of the team. Personally, as much as I hate the Cowboys, it's because of the local fans - I'd much rather beat Tennesse twice, as I feel the team itself screwed me as a fan over, not to mention the city I've called home for well over 20 years.

That's it - flame away, but I see the city rivalry thing as overblown and pretty much a one way street.

I can see the Cowboys, but don't understand the Rangers and Mavericks. I'm an Astros fan and don't even see the Rangers as a rival. The Mavericks kinda goes both ways (from me living in DFW for a little bit, there is some hate for the Rockets).

ChampionTexan
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I can see the Cowboys, but don't understand the Rangers and Mavericks. I'm an Astros fan and don't even see the Rangers as a rival. The Mavericks kinda goes both ways (from me living in DFW for a little bit, there is some hate for the Rockets).

That's kind of my point - I hear folks say things along the line of "Yeah, we only play once every four years, but it's all about the rivalry between the cities".

Then why no passion for MLB or NBA? Personally, I don't think it's about the Teams or the cities - I think it's about all the "remote" Cowboy fans. You simply don't have that with either the Mavs or the Rangers.

houstonspartan
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM

KILL THE TITANS!@!!

Well said. There was a poll before the season started asking people which game would they prefer to win, Dallas or Indy. For most people, it was no contest: Indy.

Would I have liked to beat Dallas? Yep. But Indy and Tennessee mean a LOT more. Dude, I HATE, the Titans. H-A-T-E.

We stress and worry about what the arrogant Dallas fans will say and how we won't be able to shut them up. Well, let's concentrate on shutting up the obnoxious "All he does is win" Vince Young fans. THOSE are the people I can't stand.

Then you have the total morons who are native Houstonians and still root for the Titans. Never mind that the Titans left them. They are still rooting for the Titan because of some long-ago Oiler memories. Idiots.

Houston-based Titan fans are some of the stupidest human beings on the planet. That's the real rivalry, in my opinion.

Texecutioner
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM

KILL THE TITANS!@!!

I disagree SH. The Cowboys don't have to be in our division to be a rival. They are a rival and they always will be a "state rival," and with the behavior that the Cowboys fans have displayed for decades at the Oilers fans and now the Texans fans, they'll always be a rival that I want to kick the shit out of more than any other team. Maybe even the Titans. That's a toss up really between both of those teams. And you just look around the state of Texas and no matter where you go you have to run into Cowboys fans. Hell, just in Houston alone we've got a ton of them. Their is and always will be a lot of smack talk about who has the better team or what team's headed in the right direction. They are a state rival and don't you ever forget that.

It's not about them having a better history than us. You can't even compare both teams. It's about their seniority complex and the way that they act like they're more entitled and most Cowboys fans come off as some of the most uninformed fans even about their own team a lot.

Pantherstang84
09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
I disagree SH. The Cowboys don't have to be in our division to be a rival. They are a rival and they always will be a "state rival," and with the behavior that the Cowboys fans have displayed for decades at the Oilers fans and now the Texans fans, they'll always be a rival that I want to kick the shit out of more than any other team. Maybe even the Titans. That's a toss up really between both of those teams. And you just look around the state of Texas and no matter where you go you have to run into Cowboys fans. Hell, just in Houston alone we've got a ton of them. Their is and always will be a lot of smack talk about who has the better team or what team's headed in the right direction. They are a state rival and don't you ever forget that.

It's not about them having a better history than us. You can't even compare both teams. It's about their seniority complex and the way that they act like they're more entitled and most Cowboys fans come off as some of the most uninformed fans even about their own team a lot.

There is only one remedy to what happened this past Sunday.

The Texans need to win the Super Bowl @ Jerryworld.

with the Cowboys at home watching.

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm really surprised about this "rivalry" talk. What difference does it make? We got owned, the way this team is not supposed to get owned.

That's the problem for me.

spurstexanstros
09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Just win baby to borrow from Al Davis

steelbtexan
09-28-2010, 04:31 PM
All the "fan rivalry" aside. It's upsetting to me, that they'll let "just another team" come in here & tell them what they can & can't do offensively.

I hope the other 11 teams we play are nice enough to let us get to the play-offs.

TK

Where is that koolaid?

It's gonna get better.

The Raiders are going to be a W this week and all will be right in Texans nation. LOL

Thorn
09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Like a lot of folks, I dislike the Cowboys because of their Houston fans, and not because I hate the city of Dallas or anything. Jerry Jones is fun to make fun of, but he is by far NOT the worst owner in the league. Oakland and Possum Holler come to mind there.

The reason Dallas has more fans in Texas is because the Cowboys have rewarded their fans with some Super Bowl trophies . The Oilers didnít and it appears the Texans arenít either anytime soon. So the Cowboys being a more popular team in Texas isnít surprising. What pisses me off, and itís been mentioned a lot, is the attitude of Houston Cowboy fans laughing and looking down their noses at us. Hell, even my Dad was a Cowboy fan and couldnít understand why I followed the Oilers when I could be watching the Cowboys.

None of this will go away until the Texans start winning Super Bowls. Except for basketball, Houston is known as Choke City because weíve earned that title.

HOU-TEX
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Like a lot of folks, I dislike the Cowboys because of their Houston fans, and not because I hate the city of Dallas or anything. Jerry Jones is fun to make fun of, but he is by far NOT the worst owner in the league. Oakland and Possum Holler come to mind there.

The reason Dallas has more fans in Texas is because the Cowboys have rewarded their fans with some Super Bowl trophies . The Oilers didnít and it appears the Texans arenít either anytime soon. So the Cowboys being a more popular team in Texas isnít surprising. What pisses me off, and itís been mentioned a lot, is the attitude of Houston Cowboy fans laughing and looking down their noses at us. Hell, even my Dad was a Cowboy fan and couldnít understand why I followed the Oilers when I could be watching the Cowboys.

None of this will go away until the Texans start winning Super Bowls. Except for basketball, Houston is known as Choke City because weíve earned that title.

Rub a little salt in tha wounds dontcha.

Showtime100
09-28-2010, 04:52 PM

I can't stand the Rangers and I consider them the baseball equivalent of the "ugly step child" in Texas. Didn't like them 30 years ago and don't like them now so obviously my disdain for all teams Dallas isn't jealousy. Same for the Mavs. My dislike for the Cowboys goes back further than their earliest successes. (Houston, get a freaking NHL team for Heaven's sakes)

Double Barrel
09-28-2010, 05:07 PM

My thoughts, as well. As much as I don't like Dallas fans, the bigger issue is our team getting dominated at Reliant. I don't care who the opponent is, any performance like that is just pathetic.

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 11:35 PM
TK

Where is that koolaid?

It's gonna get better.

The Raiders are going to be a W this week and all will be right in Texans nation. LOL

I'm still drinking the hard stuff. I don't start on the koolaid until Wednesday.

NitroGSXR
09-29-2010, 12:06 AM
We should hate on 31 teams equally. EVERYBODY ELSE needs to lose. Even when they play each other (I consider a tie an impressive loss).

Back to why we don't get it... I bet we sign Louis Leonard. Let's see what happens.