PDA

View Full Version : Stick'em

El Tejano
09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
If anyone finds any laying around the house please mail some to our DBs. For some reason we can't just hold on to INTs.

Eugene Wilson had not only a clear opportunity to catch an INT, but to score on that one as well and that could've changed this game around. I'm not saying it is easy to do but surely when the ball lands in your numbers and you practice this all day, you should be able to come up with that pick.

We need to start making those kind of plays so that teams will stop thinking they can just pass on us all day long.

El Tejano
09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I guess everyone just figured it's better not to comment.

TEXANS84
09-27-2010, 02:28 PM
What I'm trying to figure out is why CB's are playing 10-12 yards off the reciever at the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 4 or 3rd and short. That is extremely troubling.

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm reminded of a line from the Replacements movie:

Clifford Franklin: Now you know this don't look natural Coach. now you know it don't... I look like I just j***** off an elephant.

Rey
09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I want to see Nolan at FS for atleast a couple of plays a game. It'd let him know that he has an opprotunity to play more if he works hard, and it'd also light a fire under Eugene because he'd know that the youngster was coming for his spot.

Really I just want to see us try something different back there because what we're doing isn't working.

BigBull17
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
I want to see Nolan at FS for atleast a couple of plays a game. It'd let him know that he has an opprotunity to play more if he works hard, and it'd also light a fire under Eugene because he'd know that the youngster was coming for his spot.

Really I just want to see us try something different back there because what we're doing isn't working.

Or, use Nolan at SS on 3rd and long, and move Pollard to nickle LB.

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 03:17 PM
If anyone finds any laying around the house please mail some to our DBs. For some reason we can't just hold on to INTs.

Eugene Wilson had not only a clear opportunity to catch an INT, but to score on that one as well and that could've changed this game around. I'm not saying it is easy to do but surely when the ball lands in your numbers and you practice this all day, you should be able to come up with that pick.

We need to start making those kind of plays so that teams will stop thinking they can just pass on us all day long.

Go knock on Lester Hayes' door:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0907/nfl.remember.when/images/elvin-hayes.jpg

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I guess everyone just figured it's better not to comment.

Well either that or the fact that it's been against the rules since 1981 - because of Lester Hayes.