PDA

View Full Version : Texans @ Oakland

qman_tx
09-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Im sure ya fellow fans remember our last game in Oakland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23R65rpYNTQ

Former NFL's worst QB destroying us and Schaub having an off game.

I expect Schaub to have a big game this coming Sunday...

Your thoughts...

Wolf6151
09-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I hate to say it but I think we lose next week at Oakland. I've had a bad feeling about this game since the schedule came out.

Hope I'm wrong.

m5kwatts
09-26-2010, 11:27 PM
I think its gonna be an Arian Foster field day. Oakland is a really undisciplined run defense. Foster's gonna get 30+ carries and how well we run it will decide this game.

RTP2110
09-26-2010, 11:35 PM
This has trap game written all over it, and Oakland didn't look too bad today. I don't like it.

GuerillaBlack
09-26-2010, 11:39 PM
This has trap game written all over it, and Oakland didn't look too bad today. I don't like it.

Trap game? Maybe if we had beat the Cowboys today, but the team has Oakland circled now. I don't think there is any chance we lose this game (if the team is feeling anything like I am right now).

DerekLee1
09-26-2010, 11:55 PM

THIS has trap game written all over it?? THIS one??

Norg
09-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Well good thing Fat albert is not playing then :whew that arm strength was pretty impressive im not gonna LIe

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 12:14 AM
The Texans should win this one. Our LT Henderson is a joke and has been getting Campbell & Grads killed in these past 3 games. Gradkowski clicks much better with our team than Campbell does, but he definitely isn't leaps and bounds better than JC. Today's game could have been a hell of a lot different if Arizona's D knew how to catch, Grads threw about 2-3 balls that could have been intercepted easily.

McFadden is finally turning into the RB Raiders fans were hoping for, and now that Bush is back we finally have a decent run game.

I think its gonna be an Arian Foster field day. Oakland is a really undisciplined run defense. Foster's gonna get 30+ carries and how well we run it will decide this game.

Yes our run D sucks, but after watching these past few games, I'm beginning to think our pass D is worse. I don't need to talk about Nnamdi, he's a beast, but our other CBs (Routt/McFadden) blow. Our safeties aren't doing much better either.

The only chance the Raiders have of winning this game is to pick on the rookie CB as much as possible. DHB is known for his speed, and he is much better than he was last year (I know that really doesn't mean much) and Murphy is almost as fast so I'm hoping they'll be able to get open frequently. Grads will have a safety net in our TE, Zach Miller, so I'm hoping he uses Zach as much as possible.

Will be an interesting game for sure. If the Raiders can keep the game close, then there may still be hope for our season. If we get blown out, well...who knows what will happen. Al is never predictable ;).

RTP2110
09-27-2010, 12:18 AM
THIS has trap game written all over it?? THIS one??

Maybe that was the wrong term to use. What I mean is that the Texans maybe overlooking Oakland or may take them too lightly.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Can you guys just trade us Aso for our first next year and a player? Please?

m5kwatts
09-27-2010, 12:29 AM

Forget Aso, I want Seymour. Hell I'd take Shaugnessy or Trevor Scott even.

Norg
09-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Man we going to handle teh Raiders Just like we handled them last Year what was it 40 to 6 or somethin :P

I for see OD having a big game Just run da Ball and we will be fine !!!!!

ITS FOSTER TIME SUCKAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 12:41 AM

Haha maybe if that player was AJ. Trading a beast for another beast...sounds fair enough :fingergun:.

Forget Aso, I want Seymour. Hell I'd take Shaugnessy or Trevor Scott even.

I actually wouldn't mind trading Seymour, Davis was stupid as hell to give away a 1st for him when we have so many other positions we need to fill. I doubt we'd get anywhere near a 1st for him though.

I'm really liking Shaugnessy, but the player I'm really high on right now has to be Lamarr Houston. From what I've seen so far, it seems like the guy has "it"...the same "it" that players like Peppers, Seymour, & Williams have. I know I'm speaking a bit too soon, but there isn't really much else I can look forward to this season :facepalm:.

NitroGSXR
09-27-2010, 12:47 AM
I smell a troll in this thread. Don't let him suck you into his black hole!

:)

No injuries to both! A little pain would be ok though...

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 01:11 AM
I smell a troll in this thread. Don't let him suck you into his black hole!

:)

No injuries to both! A little pain would be ok though...

:D

I'm hoping for an injury free game as well, and hopefully a close one too. I wish I could make it to the game, but my family & friends backed out. Shame, would have been nice seeing AJ in action.

NitroGSXR
09-27-2010, 01:18 AM
:D

I'm hoping for an injury free game as well, and hopefully a close one too. I wish I could make it to the game, but my family & friends backed out. Shame, would have been nice seeing AJ in action.

AJ simply does not perform against Asomugha. That's what I call a SHUT DOWN corner.

How about Owen Daniels and our first? I bet he had a bionic knee put in this time around! Third time's a charm right?

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 01:32 AM
How about Owen Daniels and our first? I bet he had a bionic knee put in this time around! Third time's a charm right?

As a possible trade scenario with Aso? I would doubt that would ever happen, since we are pretty much set at the TE position with Zach Miller. I've already made it known that if Aso does leave Oakland, I would want him to go to you guys. Hopefully I'll never have to see the day he wears a uni that isn't silver & black, but I would not be able to blame him if he does. He's constantly bought into each new HC's BS that "this is the year" and I think he's nearing the point where he has finally had enough of it. It will be interesting to see how the lockout would affect contracts if it were to happen.

Looking at Nnamdi's contract, if a lockout happened but the contract was still valid...he would be a free agent by the time the NFL resumed play.

On February 19, 2009 the Raiders re-signed Asomugha to a complex three-year deal that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history. The first two years, worth $28.5 million, are fully guaranteed. In the third year of the contract, if Oakland wants to keep Asomugha, it must pay him the average of the top five highest-paid quarterbacks or $16.875 million, whichever is higher. If the Raiders fail to pick up the option, Asomugha will become a free agent with Oakland not having the ability to tag him again.

hradhak
09-27-2010, 06:54 AM
The Oakland game for us is all about getting back to Texans football. Running the ball effectively, protecting Schaub and moving the ball downfield. On defense, getting pressure up front, and stopping the run.

I think it's also an important game to see how much of a team the Texans really are. They had an embarassing performance against Dallas, can they come back and beat a team like the Raiders

Thorn
09-27-2010, 07:36 AM
I think we are 3-1 when Cushing comes back and the Giants are in town. And right now, the Giants aren't looking so hot. It's very possible we are 5-1 going into the bye week. Before the season started, I would have been very happy with 3-3 at that time, now I'll settle for nothing less than 4-2 and I think we'll even do better. Out of the next three weeks, only the Chiefs scare me, not the Raiders or the Giants.

The problem is the Texans are the consummate Jeckle and Hyde team.

beerlover
09-27-2010, 07:44 AM
thanks for your insight Kulluminatii. I've got a couple more questions like how is the Raider pass rush looking? loved Rolando McClain (former teammate of Kareems @ Alabama) how is he doing? what is the coaching situation like is their added weight to beat Texans @ home?

El Tejano
09-27-2010, 07:56 AM
I hope the team feels as disgusted with this game as I am and they come out and do something to The Raiders. That is a good team to beat right now. It's not like they suck or anything. Come out, beat the Raiders, and we started the first quarter of our season 3-1 for the first time ever.

Mr teX
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Honestly, its just what i would prescribe right now if i were a dr....

Hervoyel
09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
The Oakland game just took on massive importance to the Texans (and hopefully the Texans players understand this). 3-1 is still something to be pleased about. 2-2 is just the same old shit in a shiny new package. That's particularly true following a route at home to the Cowboys in the last edition of our endless series of "statement games".

Every player in that locker room should be thinking must-win right now. If they aren't then "we aren't who we thought we are"

Thorn
09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Captain Kirk has something for Oakland....... :lol:

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/captain-kirk-wtf-to-much-lsd.jpg

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Captain Kirk has something for Oakland....... :lol:

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/captain-kirk-wtf-to-much-lsd.jpg

:dontknowa That ain't right!

The Pencil Neck
09-27-2010, 10:49 AM
The Oakland game is now a must-win game.

The Chief game, which was looking like a gimme prior to the season, is now looking like a tough game.

Oakland played the Cards hard and really should have won that game. We HAVE to take care of business and beat them.

cuppacoffee
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
The Texans should win this one. Our LT Henderson is a joke and has been getting Campbell & Grads killed in these past 3 games. Gradkowski clicks much better with our team than Campbell does, but he definitely isn't leaps and bounds better than JC. Today's game could have been a hell of a lot different if Arizona's D knew how to catch, Grads threw about 2-3 balls that could have been intercepted easily.

McFadden is finally turning into the RB Raiders fans were hoping for, and now that Bush is back we finally have a decent run game.

Yes our run D sucks, but after watching these past few games, I'm beginning to think our pass D is worse. I don't need to talk about Nnamdi, he's a beast, but our other CBs (Routt/McFadden) blow. Our safeties aren't doing much better either.

The only chance the Raiders have of winning this game is to pick on the rookie CB as much as possible. DHB is known for his speed, and he is much better than he was last year (I know that really doesn't mean much) and Murphy is almost as fast so I'm hoping they'll be able to get open frequently. Grads will have a safety net in our TE, Zach Miller, so I'm hoping he uses Zach as much as possible.

Will be an interesting game for sure. If the Raiders can keep the game close, then there may still be hope for our season. If we get blown out, well...who knows what will happen. Al is never predictable ;).

The names change but the result usually remains the same.

Our defense, more often than not ( always? ), makes pedestrian qb's look like all pros.

Most likely Raiders fans will be singing Gradkowski's praises next week.

:coffee:

Rey
09-27-2010, 01:11 PM
If we don't beat Oakland, then I will have to start thinking that this staff just won't get it done. I have been a stern Kubiak supporter, but if he can't handle the Raiders and we look like we looked yesterday then I will have to just assume that something is missing from his coaching style. He just can't get the players to respond correctly.

If we lose to Oakland it would be hard to imagine us going on and doing great things for the rest of the year. It's not just the fact that 'its Okaland'...It's how we play in a game that we should win. A game that would give us a little more cushion to work with.

It's like a person who works their hardest in crunch time, but can't seem to grasp the concept that if you handle your chores and duties now then you can relax and have a beer later.

I'm glad that you kick it up a notch when the heat is on, but I need to see you clean the bathroom and cut the lawn early Saturday morning so you can relax and clear your mind on Sunday.

If the Texans can't handle that, then they will officially be procrastinators IMO. You can only procrastinate and still get things done for so long before it all comes crashing down. Gary Kubiak...Teach your "kids" about procrastinating and how it can have ill effects. Teach them to handle things early and enjoy the fruits of their labor later. If you can't do that, then you have failed as a parent in this particular aspect. And we will have to divorce you and find a step dad that can pick up the slack. The kids are getting older and we must instill values now.

Handle your business now Texans.

hradhak
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think 2-2 is acceptable. "Any given Sunday" blah blah blah. This is a team that we should beat. We have the talent to beat them. We have to go out there and get it done. If we can beat the teams with less talent than us here on out, we should make the playoffs.

beerlover
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't think 2-2 is acceptable. "Any given Sunday" blah blah blah. This is a team that we should beat. We have the talent to beat them. We have to go out there and get it done. If we can beat the teams with less talent than us here on out, we should make the playoffs.

you are correct sir, but the season is young 2-2 is not good enough reason to jump off a cliff, just ask Wade :wadepalm:

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 04:09 PM
thanks for your insight Kulluminatii. I've got a couple more questions like how is the Raider pass rush looking? loved Rolando McClain (former teammate of Kareems @ Alabama) how is he doing? what is the coaching situation like is their added weight to beat Texans @ home?

McClain looks like he is getting better with every game. Especially this last game against Arizona, I saw him out their commanding the D ever play. Hopefully he could turn into a Silver & Black version of Ray Lewis :D.

I strongly dislike Cable, and I don't think he's fit to be a HC. Still, he's about the only guy out there crazy enough to take the HC job for the Raiders. I remember reading that Al Davis had interviewed Ken Whisenhunt & Sean Payton many years back but they both refused when Davis told them they would not have complete control.

This game should be very important to the Raiders, and especially Tom Cable. I have a feeling if we lose this game badly and the next one as well Tom Cable will be out of a job. Davis has been growing increasingly impatient over the past few years, and he wants to win now. Maybe he feels like he doesn't have much time left? Whatever the case, the Raiders can't afford to get blown out at home against the Texans.

drs23
09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
McClain looks like he is getting better with every game. Especially this last game against Arizona, I saw him out their commanding the D ever play. Hopefully he could turn into a Silver & Black version of Ray Lewis :D.

I strongly dislike Cable, and I don't think he's fit to be a HC. Still, he's about the only guy out there crazy enough to take the HC job for the Raiders. I remember reading that Al Davis had interviewed Ken Whisenhunt & Sean Payton many years back but they both refused when Davis told them they would not have complete control.

This game should be very important to the Raiders, and especially Tom Cable. I have a feeling if we lose this game badly and the next one as well Tom Cable will be out of a job. Davis has been growing increasingly impatient over the past few years, and he wants to win now. Maybe he feels like he doesn't have much time left? Whatever the case, the Raiders can't afford to get blown out at home against the Texans.

Who the hell would take the job now? I'm thinking Al's choices would be pretty slim, huh?

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Who the hell would take the job now? I'm thinking Al's choices would be pretty slim, huh?

He'll hire another puppet that would probably never be a HC in the NFL if he was trying to apply for another team. Look at our past few HCs (Art Shell, Kiffin, and soon to be Cable)...none of them will ever be a HC in the NFL again.

Just got to keep reminding myself to wait a few more years...just a few...the old man can't possibly live much longer...

Stemp
09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
He'll hire another puppet that would probably never be a HC in the NFL if he was trying to apply for another team. Look at our past few HCs (Art Shell, Kiffin, and soon to be Cable)...none of them will ever be a HC in the NFL again.

Just got to keep reminding myself to wait a few more years...just a few...the old man can't possibly live much longer...

Maybe Dallas and Oakland can trade puppet coaches.

Brandon420tx
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
I think Al Davis will out live you out of pure spite Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I think Al Davis will out live you out of pure spite Kulluminatii

I wouldn't doubt it, he's pretty much outlived the 60s/70s Raiders such as Tatum who was 20 years younger than him :brickwall:. The man is hellbent on winning 3 more Super Bowls before he goes out, and I think that alone is keeping him alive.

Thorn
09-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, he's pretty much outlived the 60s/70s Raiders such as Tatum who was 20 years younger than him :brickwall:. The man is hellbent on winning 3 more Super Bowls before he goes out, and I think that alone is keeping him alive.

It's been said before, but we went through the same thing with Devil owner of the Titans. I know what it's like to be frustrated with the owner. I hope (after this Sunday, that is LOL) that the Raiders have better luck. At least your drafts are getting better!

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
It's been said before, but we went through the same thing with Devil owner of the Titans. I know what it's like to be frustrated with the owner. I hope (after this Sunday, that is LOL) that the Raiders have better luck. At least your drafts are getting better!

Haha thanks, our draft this year has pretty much been the only bright spot. I'm hoping we have a solid draft next year as well, so even with Davis running things we'll still look competitive and hopefully win more games than we will this year.

And about this game coming up, I'll consider all of you guys friends until 12:00am on Sunday. Come Sunday, its on! :wild:

Norg
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
What are some of the X factors for Oakland we should look for

TexasBoY25
09-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Let me truly represent the Raiders!!!*
This Raider team is far from last years wreck.
So far our record can't back up my statement but the stats are there!*

Starting with our Defense, we are averaging 100 less yards as a team on total yards then the Texans passing D is. Chris Johnson killed us on week 1 but since we have been improving and holding the RBs to 75 yards. Our total Defense is ranked 3rd, passing D is also ranked 3rd and with Johnson hurt that will only hurt ya more. Asomugha held Fitzgerald to one catch against him and can be a big factor on this game too.*

Our offense is not a strong face but we have been running the ball pretty good, we almost average the same per game. We don't have a Texans type of passing game but we are alot better the last year.*

This WILL be a good game! Hopefully it don't come down to a kicker *

Norg
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
U know we should try Jocbey Jones on Aso how does he do aganist faster Lighter WR i kinda think JJ is faster then Fitz IMO

Thorn
09-27-2010, 08:26 PM
And about this game coming up, I'll consider all of you guys friends until 12:00am on Sunday. Come Sunday, its on! :wild:

LOL, we'd expect nothing less. This is a must game for BOTH teams this time, so it should be interesting.

Kulluminatii
09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
U know we should try Jocbey Jones on Aso how does he do aganist faster Lighter WR i kinda think JJ is faster then Fitz IMO

I think I'd rather put AJ up against Aso. Like others have said before, if anything, AJ can be a decoy and keep Aso busy while Schaub is pretty much free to throw to his other WRs & OD. Although I'm hoping you guys don't do that, and choose to be cautious with AJ and let him rest for this game so Aso is free to shut down another WR :D.

Let me truly represent the Raiders!!!*
:rolleyes:

This Raider team is far from last years wreck.

At certain positions, yes. Veldheer & Bruce Campbell are still very raw, and we probably won't see them being productive (at least Campbell) until next year. Our o-line still needs work and until that improves I don't think any QB behind it would be able to perform well consistently. When it comes to QBs, damn near anything could be a better QB than the one we had last year. I'm also glad we got Hue Jackson as our OC.

Starting with our Defense, we are averaging 100 less yards as a team on total yards then the Texans passing D is. Chris Johnson killed us on week 1 but since we have been improving and holding the RBs to 75 yards. Our total Defense is ranked 3rd, passing D is also ranked 3rd and with Johnson hurt that will only hurt ya more. Asomugha held Fitzgerald to one catch against him and can be a big factor on this game too.*

Well besides the Titans, we haven't really been facing great teams. The Rams & Cards are nowhere near as stacked as the Texans are offensively and we barely managed to beat the Rams and lost against a team we should have beat.

Our offense is not a strong face but we have been running the ball pretty good, we almost average the same per game. We don't have a Texans type of passing game but we are alot better the last year.*

I agree, our run game has improved a ton now that McFadden has finally stepped his game up and DHB/Murphy are improving with each game.

This WILL be a good game! Hopefully it don't come down to a kicker I actually kind of hope it does :D. I trust Janikowski a lot more than I trust the Texan's kicker. I think yesterday was just one of those off days for him, we all know Jano can pull off 60 yarders, so if it comes down to a FG again this week I'm confident he can pull it off.

NitroGSXR
09-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Haha thanks, our draft this year has pretty much been the only bright spot. I'm hoping we have a solid draft next year as well, so even with Davis running things we'll still look competitive and hopefully win more games than we will this year.

Why noon though? Game starts at 3:05.

Big Lou
09-27-2010, 11:17 PM

I'd like to see JJ start as the #1 if AJ sits. It would be an interesting experiment. Although JJ has had a case of the dropsies here and there.

Jeff S.
09-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe Dallas and Oakland can trade puppet coaches.

Damnation, you got there first!

Kulluminatii, I appreciate your insight, but I'm thinking (hoping) that the Texans treat this game with the Raiders the way the Cowboys treated their game with us: with a pissed-off desperation, determined to right some bad perceptions.

The Raiders are currently ranked 23 in run D, I think, and Foster just got 100+ against #7 ranked Cowboys. So I expect a big day from Arian.

I'm not sure what I expect from the carbonized remnants of our secondary.

Trap_Star
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
I think I'd rather put AJ up against Aso. Like others have said before, if anything, AJ can be a decoy and keep Aso busy while Schaub is pretty much free to throw to his other WRs & OD. Although I'm hoping you guys don't do that, and choose to be cautious with AJ and let him rest for this game so Aso is free to shut down another WR :D.

i read somewhere the coaching staff was finally open to letting Aso be more of a shadow CB instead of being just on one side of the field, has that been the case so far?

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Time for Bruce Gradkowski's coming out party.

Anyone remember that Ryan Fitzpatrick's career is being carried by him absolutely destroying the Texans secondary? I was thinking that those DB's should be getting a % of his pay checks.

Gradkowski's up next, he's about to get PAID!!

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Why noon though? Game starts at 3:05.

I guess I worded it awkwardly. I mean that as soon as its Sunday, I forget we were ever friends until the game is over :fingergun:.

Damnation, you got there first!

Kulluminatii, I appreciate your insight, but I'm thinking (hoping) that the Texans treat this game with the Raiders the way the Cowboys treated their game with us: with a pissed-off desperation, determined to right some bad perceptions.

I wouldn't expect any less from the Texans, and I'm hoping the Raiders are pissed-off as well after losing the way they did in Arizona.

i read somewhere the coaching staff was finally open to letting Aso be more of a shadow CB instead of being just on one side of the field, has that been the case so far?

Yup, and it has helped us immensely. For the first two games Aso's reputation made it so that he rarely (if ever) got balls thrown his way. I'd say Arizona is the first team to actually challenge Aso, and rightfully so since they have a terrific WR. The result, Fitz only had 2 receptions for 26 yards and 1 TD. And that one TD was in the red-zone and I don't think Aso was covering him.

Time for Bruce Gradkowski's coming out party.

Anyone remember that Ryan Fitzpatrick's career is being carried by him absolutely destroying the Texans secondary? I was thinking that those DB's should be getting a % of his pay checks.

Gradkowski's up next, he's about to get PAID!!

I hope you're right :D.

VTexan
09-28-2010, 12:46 AM
I think we will pull this out. I'm counting a big performance form the D-Line this week. I'm more afraid of the Giants destroying our Pass D. (yes they have been losing but Eli has been slinging the ball all over the field and those interceptions have been a result of a lot of tipped balls)

NitroGSXR
09-28-2010, 01:14 AM
How's The field looking out there? I've heard rumblings about the field being in poor shape or has conditonng issues. Is this true?

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 01:42 AM
How's The field looking out there? I've heard rumblings about the field being in poor shape or has conditonng issues. Is this true?

The field has never been in good shape to be honest, dirt is everywhere since we share it with the Athletics. Hell the stadium as a whole is a dump, probably one of the worst stadiums in the league for football.

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 02:25 AM
The field has never been in good shape to be honest, dirt is everywhere since we share it with the Athletics. Hell the stadium as a whole is a dump, probably one of the worst stadiums in the league for football.

Would never of happened if Al Davis were still alive.

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Would never of happened if Al Davis were still alive.

:spit:

Oh, totally off-topic, but I just now noticed you are from Omaha, did you manage to watch that Nighthawks game? I was watching online and was surprised to see a sell-out crowd rooting for the Nighthawks as if the team had been there for quite some time :D. That come from behind victory was pretty awesome as well.

kiwitexansfan
09-28-2010, 02:31 AM

Oh, totally off-topic, but I just now noticed you are from Omaha, did you manage to watch that Nighthawks game? I was watching online and was surprised to see a sell-out crowd rooting for the Nighthawks as if the team had been there for quite some time :D. That come from behind victory was pretty awesome as well.

Can't say I did. I think there is a fair degree of curiosity about the team here. What will be telling is if they get more than an old man and his dog once the novelty wears off.

Kulluminatii
09-28-2010, 02:42 AM
Can't say I did. I think there is a fair degree of curiosity about the team here. What will be telling is if they get more than an old man and his dog once the novelty wears off.

Well I'm hoping the team has staying power, they are on paper the most talented team in the UFL and I hope the UFL can find more cities like Omaha. Competition is always good, and if there is a lockout next year, the UFL will pretty much be the only option...well that and college football :kitten:.

Maddict5
09-28-2010, 07:06 PM
gus johnson is calling the game :whip::texanbill::splits:

SheTexan
09-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Oct 3rd, approx 6pm Oakland time, the Texans will be 2-2. JMO! After all, it's "just another game."

Thorn
09-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Oct 3rd, approx 6pm Oakland time, the Texans will be 2-2. JMO! After all, it's "just another game."

I'm thinking SheTexan is a tad miffed right now. :thinking:

Blake
09-29-2010, 07:57 AM
If you think the Raiders are going to roll over and play dead because the big bad Houston Texans are coming to town you are sadly mistaken. They have this game circled as well as the Texans are a very beatable playoff contender. Missing 2 key players, their going to play Bruce G. at QB, and their younger weapons are getting better each game.

The Texans offense will need to figure out their woes as the defense looks unwilling or unable to stop anyone. Same song different chorus.

Arian Foster should have a huge game. I am talking 150 yards 3 TD's. If we can utilize the run game, then Shaub wont have to pass for 497 yards this week.

While I think the Texans will win, the Raiders have the talent to do some damage. And if you dont take care of business they will get beat.

Texans 31
Raiders - 17

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
This game will come down to Texans offense vs the Raiders defense. Shaub wont throw for 300+ and Foster wont rush for 100+

Texans D-line will be too much for the Raiders O-line, but I do believe McFadden will have a decent game. It will come down to a kicker and this time it wont be Janikowski. 17-14 Texans

I'm not one of those fans that dogg on my own team, and as much as I hate to say it i just dont see us winning against the Texans. unless they play like they did against the Cowboys then we might have a change

GuerillaBlack
09-29-2010, 09:09 AM

You mean, 6PM Houston time, the Texans will be 3-1 right?

HOU-TEX
09-29-2010, 09:30 AM
This game will come down to Texans offense vs the Raiders defense. Shaub wont throw for 300+ and Foster wont rush for 100+
Texans D-line will be too much for the Raiders O-line, but I do believe McFadden will have a decent game. It will come down to a kicker and this time it wont be Janikowski. 17-14 Texans

I'm not one of those fans that dogg on my own team, and as much as I hate to say it i just dont see us winning against the Texans. unless they play like they did against the Cowboys then we might have a change

Out of curiosity, why do you say that? I haven't had the chance to watch the Raiders yet this season, but going by stats alone y'all are giving up 133 yards a game.

Blake
09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you say that? I haven't had the chance to watch the Raiders yet this season, but going by stats alone y'all are giving up 133 yards a game.

Good point. Add to that, that Foster was the first back to top 100 yards rushing against Dallas in 20 games, getting 106. (espn.com)

Texan_Bill
09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Texans - way too much to the Raiders - not nearly enough.

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM

our average is soo high because of a miss tackle to Chris Johnson that lead to a 75 yard run but other then that we held Johnson all game, longest run was 5 yards. Titans have 200+ but since we have been improving, we held Steven Jackson to 75, Hightower had 40 so we are getting better by every week. 133 against the run, 127 against the pass, total 260 per game thats pretty good, texans passing game alone is allowing 369

cuppacoffee
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM

And rightly so.

Kulluminatii's new avatar says all that needs to be said.

HOU-TEX
09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
our average is soo high because of a miss tackle to Chris Johnson that lead to a 75 yard run but other then that we held Johnson all game, longest run was 5 yards. Titans have 200+ but since we have been improving, we held Steven Jackson to 75, Hightower had 40 so we are getting better by every week. 133 against the run, 127 against the pass, total 260 per game thats pretty good, texans passing game alone is allowing 369

Beanie and Hightower combined for 115 yards. And yes, I know our pass D is bad right now, but do you honestly think Gradkowski (sp?) will put up the numbers Manning, McNabb and Romo did?

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Beanie and Hightower combined for 115 yards. And yes, I know our pass D is bad right now, but do you honestly think Gradkowski (sp?) will put up the numbers Manning, McNabb and Romo did?

how about if you read what i wrote before you try to argue with me..
I never said anything about our QB or offense at that

disaacks3
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM

One or both of those stats will happen or the Texans lose. As I think the team really took the 'Boys loss to heart (and if they didn't Kubiak sure did) - the Texans will be ready to prove they're playoff worthy. 34 - 17 Texans.

HOU-TEX
09-29-2010, 01:22 PM
how about if you read what i wrote before you try to argue with me..
I never said anything about our QB or offense at that

Who's arguing? You mentioned our pass D and I asked a question in response. Damn, there's been a lot of testy people around the board this week.

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 01:31 PM

I'm giving the Texans the win and its still not good enough, get over the Cowboys lost its a new week! we have a better overall D (mainly secondary) then the Colts, Redskins and Cowboys thats what Im saying!!

Blake
09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Who's arguing? You mentioned our pass D and I asked a question in response. Damn, there's been a lot of testy people around the board this week.

Hey asshole! Stop posting questions on a discussion forum!!!

HOU-TEX
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey asshole! Stop posting questions on a discussion forum!!!

:spit: Okay, okay...sheesh

JB
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm giving the Texans the win and its still not good enough, get over the Cowboys lost its a new week! we have a better overall D (mainly secondary) then the Colts, Redskins and Cowboys thats what Im saying!!

Really? The Raiders have a better overall D than the 3 teams you mentioned?

Shame their scoring D does not match up.

Dallas is 12th.
Indy is 18th
Wash is 22nd

Oak is 24th.

fyi Houston is 26th... 0.7 ppg more than the Raiders.

Not to mention that Houston has faced more powerful offenses than the Raiders have.

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Really? The Raiders have a better overall D than the 3 teams you mentioned?

Shame their scoring D does not match up.

Dallas is 12th.
Indy is 18th
Wash is 22nd

Oak is 24th.

fyi Houston is 26th... 0.7 ppg more than the Raiders.

Not to mention that Houston has faced more powerful offenses than the Raiders have.

lol this fool here
3rd in total yards
2nd against the pass

who's better? yeah!

powerful? the cowboys couldnt score on their first two games
redskins? the same team that lost to the Rams last week? and didnt do jack against the cowboys on week 1
C'mon son

TheRealJoker
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM

Which team played Manning, Mcnabb, and Romo vs the team that played Young, Bradford, and Anderson?

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 03:01 PM
you aint fooling nobody but yourself!
the great Romo!!
the great McNabb

no the 1-2 Romo and the 1-2 McNabb

disaacks3
09-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Which team played Manning, Mcnabb, and Romo vs the team that played Young, Bradford, and Anderson?

the great Romo!!
the great McNabb

TRJ, I think he's fooling himself into thinking they've faced a "real" passing attack thus far. Oh well, whatever makes you happy I guess. :barman:

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
LoL :goodluck:

JB
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
the great Romo!!
the great McNabb

And the 1-2 Raiders are better?

Rey
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
lol this fool here
3rd in total yards
2nd against the pass

who's better? yeah!

powerful? the cowboys couldnt score on their first two games
redskins? the same team that lost to the Rams last week? and didnt do jack against the cowboys on week 1
C'mon son

Every week it's the same old song.

Every team we have faced has had a top notch Defense according to their fans. I can already envision NYG fan talking about their great pass rush, solid LB crew and Solid secondary. Then after that the Chiefs will be telling us about how their D is so much improved...Then the Colts will talk about how they aren't the same Defense we faced in wk 1...Yada, yada, yada, bling, blam, boom...

There isn't a cupcake Defense on our schedule..All of them are capable...

Personally I could care less...I'm more worried about how we play vs. what Oakland is going to do.

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 05:27 PM
And the 1-2 Raiders are better?

Lol yes you proved my point!!
0-2 did it, why wouldn't a 1-2. Case close buddy

JB
09-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Lol yes you proved my point!!
0-2 did it, why wouldn't a 1-2. Case close buddy

And how does us losing to the cowgurls have anything to do with the Raiders? Didn't they lose to Arizona? And their one win was against the allmighty and powerful Rams? lol

Kulluminatii
09-29-2010, 05:34 PM
And how does us losing to the cowgurls have anything to do with the Raiders? Didn't they lose to Arizona? And their one win was against the allmighty and powerful Rams? lol

Give the Rams a bit of credit, they managed to blow out the Redskins :D.

TexasBoY25
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
We lost to Arizona, we didn't get beat. The sorry ram team that we beat was the same team that beat the redskins a team that ya had to pull a magical comeback. What you saying is that Rams defense is better the the Texans? Or what are you pointing out?

JB
09-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Give the Rams a bit of credit, they managed to blow out the Redskins :D.

I give them credit for that game. But I also credit Wash. for playing like shit.

Your boy is just a bit over the top. I don't mind discussions, but to say that the Raiders defense is going to shut us down is a bit foolish, especially on a Texans board.

Kulluminatii
09-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I give them credit for that game. But I also credit Wash. for playing like shit.

Can't argue against that, Wash played incredibly bad.

Your boy is just a bit over the top. I don't mind discussions, but to say that the Raiders defense is going to shut us down is a bit foolish, especially on a Texans board.

Haha no way in hell we will shut you guys down (completely), we may shut down one major aspect of your passing game (AJ), but you guys have so many other players to throw too. I'm hoping we can limit Foster, our run D has been improving a bit each game.

JB
09-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Can't argue against that, Wash played incredibly bad.

Haha no way in hell we will shut you guys down (completely), we may shut down one major aspect of your passing game (AJ), but you guys have so many other players to throw too. I'm hoping we can limit Foster, our run D has been improving a bit each game.

Yeah, your defense has been improving steadily over the last couple of years. If they can only get some consistency on offense as well.

TimeKiller
09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Texans O v. Raider D: I think this will be the heavy hitting match up but not where the game will be decided. Might make the passing game look a little bad but I don't think they can stop everything so Foster comes up with another big day, controls the ball/clock and keeps the momentum on the Texans' side.

Texans D v. Raider O: Here's where the game falls one way or the other. Which D shows up? The one that has Mario Williams abusing the QB/OL, making the 2ndary look like magic or the one that has Benard Pollard getting 15 tackles and nobody else having a pick, forced fumble, deflection? I really think the Texans' have a good run D, even without Cushing I don't think they'll be beaten on the ground...as long as the Raiders don't run any delay handoffs or the Texans CBs make Gradkowski look like Montana I think they'll do fine, gain a little confidence after 3 shaky performances.

Tough one to call but I'll go with my dudes...

Texans 17
Raiders 14

Thorn
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Stats don't mean a whole lot, but they are nonetheless fun to argue about. Here's some Texan vs. Raider stats

Houston is 5th in the league rushing against Oakland's defense which is 24th in the league against the run.

Houston is 8th in the league passing against Oakland's defense which is 2nd in the league against the pass.

Houston is 6th in the league scoring against Oakland's defense which is 24th in the league on points allowed.

Oakland is 19th in the league passing against Houston 's defense which is last in the league against the pass.

Oakland is 4th in the league rushing against Houston's defense which is 2nd in the league against the run.

Oakland is 22nd in the league scoring against Houston's defense which is 26th in the league on points allowed.

Cerberus
10-01-2010, 04:35 AM
And rightly so.

Well, first of all, Kulluminati does not speak for, nor does he represent very well, the Oakland Raiders and their fans. Kulluminati seems more like an apologist more than a fan. And while I won't come on to a Texans board and thump my chest over the Raiders, I certainly am not going to back-in with my pants pulled down the way Kulluminati has done.

When all is said and done, the Texans should win on Sunday against the Raiders because they are the better team; then again, using that type of reasoning the Raiders should be 2-1 and the Cards should be 1-2, so it is obvious why they play the games.

The Texans DL should give the Raiders' OL fits, and put pressure on Grads the first half. On the flip side, Nnamdi is going to shut-down Andre Johnson when covered one-on-one, like he did Larry Fitzgerald last week when Larry only caught 1 ball all day against Nnamdi for a total of 18 yards; though Larry did catch a 2nd ball for a TD against zone coverage and the safety. Anyway, Andre Johnson may not play, and that could hurt Schaub and the Texan's offense if Nnamdi is covering Walter. Then again, the Raiders may be missing their top WR, Louis Murphy.

Oh, and don't look at last year's score for any kind of meaning, because last year Bubba Bling was the QB in Oakland, and he will go down as the biggest draft bust in history. With a real QB this year behind center, the Raiders are actually scoring more than 10 points a game.

In the end, if I was putting money on this game and had to predict a final score, I guess it would be:

Texans 27 @ Oakland 20

Cerberus
10-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Stats don't mean a whole lot, but they are nonetheless fun to argue about. Here's some Texan vs. Raider stats

Houston is 5th in the league rushing against Oakland's defense which is 24th in the league against the run.

Houston is 8th in the league passing against Oakland's defense which is 2nd in the league against the pass.

Houston is 6th in the league scoring against Oakland's defense which is 24th in the league on points allowed.

Oakland is 19th in the league passing against Houston 's defense which is last in the league against the pass.

Oakland is 4th in the league rushing against Houston's defense which is 2nd in the league against the run.

Oakland is 22nd in the league scoring against Houston's defense which is 26th in the league on points allowed.

You're right, stats don't mean anything!

Oh btw, not only do you have bird****** on your head, but you're piling-up the bull******; might I recommend Peking, Moscow, Baghdad, Kabul, Manilla, Jakarta, or some other wonderful city as the one with the leadership you desire. I'll stick with D.C. and the USA!!! :slapfight:

Kulluminatii
10-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Well, first of all, Kulluminati does not speak for, nor does he represent very well, the Oakland Raiders and their fans. Kulluminati seems more like an apologist more than a fan.

Seriously man? First of all, I never said I spoke for the Oakland Raiders and all their fans, I just offer my opinions as one fan and thats it. Are you seriously going to question my fanhood? This team that has been absolute shit for the past 7-8 years and every year it looks like things are going to turn around only for Al Davis and his puppets to **** it up all over again. Plus, its kind of difficult for any one fan to represent the entire Raider "Nation". In reality, the Raider "Nation" is divided between those that want Al Davis to give up his GM powers and hire somebody else...and those who think Al Davis is God and want to continue the whole "Commitment to Excrement" thing.

And while I won't come on to a Texans board and thump my chest over the Raiders, I certainly am not going to back-in with my pants pulled down the way Kulluminati has done.

In what way did I "back-in with my pants pulled down"? This game will go one of two ways, either it will be a close game which the Raiders will hopefully win, or it will be a blow out. And we both know which team is better stacked to blow out the other team.

When all is said and done, the Texans should win on Sunday against the Raiders because they are the better team; then again, using that type of reasoning the Raiders should be 2-1 and the Cards should be 1-2, so it is obvious why they play the games.

The Texans DL should give the Raiders' OL fits, and put pressure on Grads the first half. On the flip side, Nnamdi is going to shut-down Andre Johnson when covered one-on-one, like he did Larry Fitzgerald last week when Larry only caught 1 ball all day against Nnamdi for a total of 18 yards; though Larry did catch a 2nd ball for a TD against zone coverage and the safety. Anyway, Andre Johnson may not play, and that could hurt Schaub and the Texan's offense if Nnamdi is covering Walter. Then again, the Raiders may be missing their top WR, Louis Murphy.

Oh, and don't look at last year's score for any kind of meaning, because last year Bubba Bling was the QB in Oakland, and he will go down as the biggest draft bust in history. With a real QB this year behind center, the Raiders are actually scoring more than 10 points a game.

In the end, if I was putting money on this game and had to predict a final score, I guess it would be:

Texans 27 @ Oakland 20

So in a roundabout, you pretty much ended up saying exactly what I did? :facepalm:

Thorn
10-01-2010, 06:04 AM
You're right, stats don't mean anything!

Oh btw, not only do you have bird****** on your head, but you're piling-up the bull******; might I recommend Peking, Moscow, Baghdad, Kabul, Manilla, Jakarta, or some other wonderful city as the one with the leadership you desire. I'll stick with D.C. and the USA!!! :slapfight:

Whatever.........:lol:

Cerberus
10-01-2010, 08:22 AM
In what way did I "back-in with my pants pulled down"? This game will go one of two ways, either it will be a close game which the Raiders will hopefully win, or it will be a blow out. And we both know which team is better stacked to blow out the other team.

Here, this is where you came backing-in with your pants around your ankles:

I mean, if you think the whole team sucks so bad, why don't you just become a Texans fan or something, instead of kowtowing to them?

So in a roundabout, you pretty much ended up saying exactly what I did? :wheel:

:slapfight: No, actually we didn't. You think Henderson sucks, I think he needs to be upgraded; Grads is only marginally better than Campbell, whereas I think Grads is much better because the size of his "heart"; that the DEF sucks against the run even though they have faced Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson the first 2 weeks, and have averaged giving up only 4.6 yds/carry to them and Hightower/Wells; you act as if McFadden was a bust, rather than injured; you believe Routt and McFadden suck on Def, but haven't noticed that Routt does best when covering an outside WR instead of the slot-receiver while McFadden has been an impressive ROOKIE; and you act as if DHB and Murphy are after-thoughts and that Miller is the only option, but they are both in their 2nd year which is when WRs tend to "get it".

And so you know, someone (not me) over on a Raider board posted this:

kalluminati don't sound very informed. Sounds like a bandwagon Raiders fan who is on the fence of being a Houston fan. He is clueless as to this team.

Now, I'm not questioning your fanhood, but I do question your perception of the team I've been following since 1967. And no, Al Davis is not God, but he isn't out-of-touch and clueless either like you have been taught to believe by BSPN and Al Michaels!

Cerberus
10-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Whatever.........:lol:

Sorry, by I don't fall for the :tvhorror: propaganda by those peddling fear. I prefer to research information, rather than be someone's :monkey:

But then again, that's just me and they way I am. I prefer to do my own thinking.

Scooter
10-01-2010, 08:40 AM
if kulluminati pointing out the raiders' weaknesses and illustrating what they need to do to win this week is "backing in with his pants down", what is this for a first post?

When all is said and done, the Texans should win on Sunday against the Raiders because they are the better team

Texans 27 @ Oakland 20

in that post you failed to say one positive thing about da raidas and as of yet have heaped such glowing praise as "needs to be upgraded", "rookie", "size of his heart", and "allowed only 4.6 yards per carry". score 1 for ... ummm?

a raiders fan trolling a raiders fan ... on a texans forum. it had to happen eventually, i guess.

Thorn
10-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Sorry, by I don't fall for the :tvhorror: propaganda by those peddling fear. I prefer to research information, rather than be someone's :monkey:

But then again, that's just me and they way I am. I prefer to do my own thinking.

Excuse me, but I have no flipping idea of what you are talking about. WTF are you taking about?

Texan_Bill
10-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Excuse me, but I have no flipping idea of what you are talking about. WTF are you taking about?

Neither does he! :ahhaha:

kalluminati don't sound very informed. Sounds like a bandwagon Raiders fan who is on the fence of being a Houston fan. He is clueless as to this team.

:thinking:

Brilliant! :gun:

Beer and Metal
10-01-2010, 09:30 AM

I went through all your posts in this whole thread trying to figure out where he pulled out the bird shit, cities and leadership references. ???

It's either stream of consciousness or he really has three heads telling his paws what to type.

Scooter
10-01-2010, 09:57 AM
i'm beginning to think our new friend is senile. saying al davis isnt "out of touch and clueless" kinda solidified that one.

kulluminati's been a heck of an ambassador and dead on in his diagnosing both the texans and raiders. it's been a while since i've drunkenly given out neg rep, i guess i was due.

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Just an FYI.

Raiders Nation will be blacked out locally this Sunday.

Jeff S.
10-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I mean, if you think the whole team sucks so bad, why don't you just become a Texans fan or something, instead of kowtowing to them?

But...what if he happens to be right about the players he's talking about? Have you checked out our opinions of say, Slaton? or our secondary? If a player sucks (for a play, a game or a season, whatever), does calling him out make someone not a fan? That's ludicrous.

qman_tx
10-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Just an FYI.

Raiders Nation will be blacked out locally this Sunday.

Does this mean they will not show it on TV? :headhurts:

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Does this mean they will not show it on TV? :headhurts:

Not in the Oakland area.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Not in the Oakland area.

What happens if you drive across the Bay into San Francisco? :thinking:

Scooter
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM

:hobie:

Kulluminatii
10-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Here, this is where you came backing-in with your pants around your ankles:

I'm failing to see how me listing a few players that blow automatically means I'm saying the whole team is bad...how f'ing delusional are you?

:slapfight: No, actually we didn't. You think Henderson sucks, I think he needs to be upgraded;

:brickwall: He needs to be upgraded? Really? You going to slap on a +5 Dexterity coat or some shit on him? We need to replace him, Veldheer has much better upside than Henderson but I'd rather Veldheer played at his natural position and we pick up a LT through the draft/free agency.

Grads is only marginally better than Campbell, whereas I think Grads is much better because the size of his "heart"

Putting words in my mouth. I never said Grads was marginally better than Campbell, but if you think the difference between them is that of Peyton Manning --> JaMarcus Russell, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Everyone knows Grads has much more passion for the game than Campbell, its obvious, you can see that the players respond to him a hell of a lot better than they do to Campbell...but that will only take you so far. I think if Davis settles on Grads as our starting QB instead of taking his chance again in the draft, then we should be expecting more out of him. Did you not see the Arizona game, Grads got lucky a few times there when their D dropped what should have been an easy pick. Also, Grads needs to try to improve his accuracy when airing the ball out. We should have manhandled Arizona with the way we were playing, and converting in the Red Zone should have made us win easily with 30+ points on the board.

that the DEF sucks against the run even though they have faced Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson the first 2 weeks, and have averaged giving up only 4.6 yds/carry to them and Hightower/Wells;

Ok fine, our run DEF is suspect at best. I may have jumped the gun too soon. I hope I am dead wrong and that they are better then I think they are, but the only way we'll find out is how they perform this Sunday.

you act as if McFadden was a bust, rather than injured; you believe Routt and McFadden suck on Def, but haven't noticed that Routt does best when covering an outside WR instead of the slot-receiver while McFadden has been an impressive ROOKIE;

We should have rested McFadden more after that turf toe injury, because when he did come back to play that season his play dramatically decreased. And I guess I'm sorry for hoping our CB playing opposite to Aso is at least half as good as he is. I can't hate on McFadden too much since this is his first year, but I think we have pretty much seen the best of Routt's abilities.

and you act as if DHB and Murphy are after-thoughts and that Miller is the only option, but they are both in their 2nd year which is when WRs tend to "get it".

Yay, putting words in my mouth...again!
Lemme quote myself The only chance the Raiders have of winning this game is to pick on the rookie CB as much as possible. DHB is known for his speed, and he is much better than he was last year (I know that really doesn't mean much) and Murphy is almost as fast so I'm hoping they'll be able to get open frequently. Grads will have a safety net in our TE, Zach Miller, so I'm hoping he uses Zach as much as possible.

Picking on their rookie CB (Kareem Jackson) would mean we would have to use either Murphy or DHB as much as possible...so how you get to the conclusion that I think Miller is our only option I do not know. Our TE is one of the best TEs in the game, so why wouldn't I advocate using him whenever Grads can? Especially if Murphy/DHB aren't open, Miller can really come through and help us win the game.

And so you know, someone (not me) over on a Raider board posted this:

Bandwagon Raiders fan...you have got to be ****ing kidding me, there is no such thing! If the Raiders were perennial playoff contenders then yeah I could see you/whoever said that pulling the good ol' "bandwagon card"...but this team has sucked for multiple years and they are still unproven this year.

Now, I'm not questioning your fanhood, but I do question your perception of the team I've been following since 1967. And no, Al Davis is not God, but he isn't out-of-touch and clueless either like you have been taught to believe by BSPN and Al Michaels!

Well I'm sorry for not being able to follow the Raiders before I was born! You were able to see the Raiders at their best, when they were the most dominate and most feared team in the NFL...so how could you not criticize the team we have now? Al Davis is a great man, and I respect him immensely for what he has done for the Raiders & the NFL...but great men know when to give it up. I want to see Davis get at least one more ring before he dies, but I seriously doubt he'll get it if he continues running the team. I don't want him to sell the team, I just want him to let someone else run the Raiders.

We have gone through multiple HCs, QBs, WRs, etc etc over these past few years...yet we still suck. The only thing that has stayed constant throughout these years is Al Davis. So wouldn't you naturally reach the conclusion that maybe we need a change? I have problems with Al Davis the GM, not with Al Davis the owner.

a raiders fan trolling a raiders fan ... on a texans forum. it had to happen eventually, i guess.
:lol:

I can't blame the guy for being passionate about the Raiders, he's seen them at their highest point...I unfortunately haven't. I respect his opinion, even if I don't fully agree with him. Only problem I have with him is that it seems like he is perfectly ok with Al Davis the GM mainly due to what the guy has done in the past, and fails to recognize that that was in the past and currently none of that has helped the Raiders of today.

cuppacoffee
10-01-2010, 01:59 PM

And rightly so.

Well, first of all, Kulluminati does not speak for, nor does he represent very well, the Oakland Raiders and their fans. Kulluminati seems more like an apologist more than a fan. And while I won't come on to a Texans board and thump my chest over the Raiders, I certainly am not going to back-in with my pants pulled down the way Kulluminati has done.

Texans 27 @ Oakland 20

Exactly where did I or anyone else in this thread say that Kulluminati spoke for Raider fans?

I only mentioned his avatar which pictues the Texans in a not too favorable ( but applicable ) manner.

Kulluminati's posts come across as a knowledgebale Raider fan discussing the upcoming game with Texans fans.

You, on the other hand, seem more interested in defaming a fellow Raider fan.

beerlover
10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
we have several members who favor other teams besides the Texans who post here regularly, they are just one of the great things about this message board (of course there are always the dreaded trolls too). the good ones like Kulluminati are actually closet Texans fans too & love football just as much as the rest of us. In this case since they watch & read about their primary team I find their opinions valueable & add to the discussion.

Gusy & gals we wait all year for these games, everyone is important & it seems like a must win situation each week we play those games so lets just enjoy the moment & banter with our fellow fans :barman:

Thorn
10-01-2010, 02:17 PM
we have several members who favor other teams besides the Texans who post here regularly, they are just one of the great things about this message board (of course there are always the dreaded trolls too). the good ones like Kulluminati are actually closet Texans fans too & love football just as much as the rest of us. In this case since they watch & read about their primary team I find their opinions valueable & add to the discussion.

Gusy & gals we wait all year for these games, everyone is important & it seems like a must win situation each week we play those games so lets just enjoy the moment & banter with our fellow fans :barman:

OK, that makes good sense. But we have to stop that before it spreads. Back to bickering everyone! :lol:

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2010, 02:28 PM

You get to watch a black screen:barman:

Blackouts are "enforceable" to a 75 mile radius.

It's interesting to note that if there is anyone who should have figured out how to get around this problem, it would be a Raider fan. This will be Oakland’s 10th straight blackout since the season opener last season and this is Oakland’s 78th blackout since moving back to Oakland in 1995.

Houston_Fanatic
10-01-2010, 03:15 PM
And rightly so.

Kulluminati's AV this week is hilarious....... - looks like he has been over to the Mario is a Wuss thread....

sandman
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
The Oakland game for us is all about getting back to Texans football. Running the ball effectively, protecting Schaub and moving the ball downfield. On defense, getting pressure up front, and stopping the run.

I think it's also an important game to see how much of a team the Texans really are. They had an embarassing performance against Dallas, can they come back and beat a team like the Raiders

Not to be picky, but Texans football has historically been pass happy with a forgettable running game. Just because the running game has gotten signifcantly better this year doesn't mean that there is a legacy that the team can point to as their identity. It may be what they want to become, but their identity is as a passing first offense.

As far as the defense goes, I'm not sure if 'getting pressure up front' could have ever described Texans football. Again, I hope they change their identity, but they are not a running offense with pressure up front just because we wish them to be.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 09:58 AM
if kulluminati pointing out the raiders' weaknesses and illustrating what they need to do to win this week is "backing in with his pants down"?

Because I don't come in apologizing for being a Raider fan by telling you how everyone on the Raiders team sucks. Truth be known, the Raiders have some very good young talent on the team, but as a cohesive-unit the team isn't quite there yet. However, the Texans better be careful going out to Oakland if they think this is a gimme game, because the Raiders are in the process of getting things straightened out.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 10:01 AM

"Birdshit washes off, Washington doesn't"

Understand now?

I was born in D.C. and I'm proud of the U.S.A., so I took offense at your snide remark about the country I support; that's all.

HJam72
10-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Not to be picky, but Texans football has historically been pass happy with a forgettable running game. Just because the running game has gotten signifcantly better this year doesn't mean that there is a legacy that the team can point to as their identity. It may be what they want to become, but their identity is as a passing first offense.

As far as the defense goes, I'm not sure if 'getting pressure up front' could have ever described Texans football. Again, I hope they change their identity, but they are not a running offense with pressure up front just because we wish them to be.

They don't need a "legacy" of running the football well to be good at it right now. Legacies are for bragging rights, not winning today.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I went through all your posts in this whole thread trying to figure out where he pulled out the bird shit, cities and leadership references. ???

It's either stream of consciousness or he really has three heads telling his paws what to type.

Look at the post above. Obviously, you didn't look very hard.

HJam72
10-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Ya know, if you were born in D.C., you should have a thicker skin than that about it by now.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 10:14 AM
i'm beginning to think our new friend is senile. saying al davis isnt "out of touch and clueless" kinda solidified that one.

Ah, a mediot fed fan! :rolleyes: Just so you know, everyone that meets Davis even today is amazed at how much he knows and how lucid he is. Only those who dislike Davis spread the rumors that he is senile and the game has passed him by. Thing is, I've been hearing that same crap since the 1970's, yet somewhere along the way he was able to pick up 3 Lombardi Trophies. I guess the old-man is crazy . . . crazy like a fox!

kulluminati's been a heck of an ambassador and dead on in his diagnosing both the texans and raiders.

You see, that is where you would be incorrect. He has not been "dead on" in his diagnosis of the Raiders; maybe the Texans, but certainly not the Raiders. He is just telling you the stuff you want to hear, and he is too wrapped up on knocking the organization because he doesn't like the owner. Now, where I believe the Texans are the better team and will likely win, I just hope they come to Oakland with the same attitude toward the Raiders that Kulluminati has.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 10:15 AM
But...what if he happens to be right about the players he's talking about? Have you checked out our opinions of say, Slaton? or our secondary? If a player sucks (for a play, a game or a season, whatever), does calling him out make someone not a fan? That's ludicrous.

Calling out a player is one thing, but calling out the entire organization is another. Why be a fan of a team and organization that you don't like?

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 10:21 AM

So, Kulluminati is a good troll because he is a closet-Texans fan in your opinion, and therefore his opinion of the Raiders is valid. Got it! :lol:

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Ya know, if you were born in D.C., you should have a thicker skin than that about it by now.

I just get tired of people, citizens even, ragging on our country.

JB
10-02-2010, 10:30 AM

It would be nice if you came in with some football talk instead of just ragging on people.

Thorn
10-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Understand now?

I was born in D.C. and I'm proud of the U.S.A., so I took offense at your snide remark about the country I support; that's all.

Ah, OK. Well, let me explain. I love the good ole USA myself, and am glad I was lucky enough to be born in this county. However, it's the political system currently in place I have a problem with, not the country itself. I hope that clears it up. :)

NitroGSXR
10-02-2010, 10:42 AM
And I get tired of people lumping people into the dirt bin by looking at the cover. You should explore this site, primarily the No Spin Zone. It's where Kulluminatti earned my utmost respect. It's got nothing to do with football and I'm fairly confident that forum is what keeps him here. Try it out. As a human being... that's a hell of a guy and I'm glad he's around... albeit he can kiss my black hole this week. Rack the Raiders!

FYI... nothing wrong with not liking your owner. We used to be able to relate. Everyone's got an opinion but it doesn't make him any less of a Raider fan than you or any other.

Let's both have a great game with no injuries!

Beer and Metal
10-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Look at the post above. Obviously, you didn't look very hard.

Yep. I didn't look at his signature quote, because it had nothing to do with the discussion. I rarely pay attention to those.
To me, that would be like checking out another man's footwear and commenting on it.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Houston_Fanatic
10-02-2010, 01:58 PM
It would be nice if you came in with some football talk instead of just ragging on people.

He's obviously better at the latter than the former.
:kitten:

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Ah, OK. Well, let me explain. I love the good ole USA myself, and am glad I was lucky enough to be born in this county. However, it's the political system currently in place I have a problem with, not the country itself. I hope that clears it up. :)

Well, I agree the country hasn't been the same since it was taken off the gold-standard back in 1972.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 05:30 PM
He's obviously better at the latter than the former.
:kitten:

Lets go! Talk some football, and quit b*tchin because a Raider-fan has decided to join in.

As for me talking football, that is what brought me here. I saw someone who happened to be giving you only the bleak picture of the Raiders, and figured you should know that he doesn't speak for all Raider fans. In fact, most love the additions of rookies Rolando McClain, Lamarr Houston, Jared Veldheer, Bruce Campbell, Jacoby Ford, Walter McFadden and Stevie Brown. Now, Kulluminati stated that Walter McFadden sucks, but he actually has been playing really well for a rookie, so I can only assume he mixed McFadden up with Jeremy Ware.

More football talk:

Something to consider. Nnamdi Asomugha shut down Larry Fitzgerald last week, and can be counted on shutting down the Texan's #1 WR this week. Problem is, Andre Johnson may not play, which would put Nams on the Texans #2 or restricted to one side all day. That means Nams could potentially be covering Kevin Walter, leaving Jacoby Jones and Owen Daniels as Schaub's primary targets downfield. The Raiders likely will play Howard Thomas, with the intention of having him keep an eye on Owen Daniels, so look for the Jacoby Jones vs. Stanford Routt match-up to be a big one.

This brings us to the running game.

The Texans have Arian Foster. Well, not only am I a Raider fan that lives in Houston, but I went to UT Knoxville so I am also a Vol fan. So, lets just say I'm pretty up-to-date on things related to Foster (the UT fumbler), the Texans (John McClain and others keep me informed), and the Raiders (I choose to follow them). Anyway, Foster is a good back and I thought he was under-rated when he was at UT. He leads the league in yards, but he has the advantage of having that monster first game. In game two he was pretty much held in check, and he bounced back in game three.

The Raiders have a tendency this year to allow the RB to gain lots of yards early, but then settle down and keep them in-check. They did a nice job against Chris Johnson, until Chris broke-off his 75-yard run. So, Foster may be effective early, but look for the Raiders to adjust like they did against Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson.

Anyway . . .

Kulluminatii
10-02-2010, 06:17 PM
You see, that is where you would be incorrect. He has not been "dead on" in his diagnosis of the Raiders; maybe the Texans, but certainly not the Raiders. He is just telling you the stuff you want to hear, and he is too wrapped up on knocking the organization because he doesn't like the owner. Now, where I believe the Texans are the better team and will likely win, I just hope they come to Oakland with the same attitude toward the Raiders that Kulluminati has.

:facepalm:

I give up arguing with this guy, obviously he's reached the conclusion that I'm not a Raider fan and won't budge from that no matter what.

Anyway, whats the status on AJ & OD? I just recently heard that Owen Daniels will be a game time decision as well, what happened to him? I'm hoping both are ok, but I'd definitely prefer that they both sit this game out :D.

On the Raiders side, DHB has been added to the injury list with a groin strain. Seymour, DT John Henderson and a few others are questionable, but I'm pretty sure they'll play.

Houston_Fanatic
10-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Well, not only am I a Raider fan that lives in Houston, but I went to UT Knoxville so I am also a Vol fan.

You must have REALLY enjoyed today's game! What a finish - if that cluster %#^&@ at the end of the game doesn't cost Les Miles his job I will be surprised.

edited at add: nevermind - I missed the REAL end of the game - I thought it was over and turned it off. WOW.

gary
10-02-2010, 06:52 PM
if the Raiders win on Sunday in a blow out it will be because the Texans did not show up once again.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 06:54 PM
:hobie:

*Hobie books his flight* :hobie:

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM
You must have REALLY enjoyed today's game! What a finish - if that cluster %#^&@ at the end of the game doesn't cost Les Miles his job I will be surprised.

It would have been better had UT held on for the victory. Oh well, at least Lane Kiffin is gone, and UT is now on the road to recovery.

I went to school at UT back when Johnny Majors was HC, I liked the Fulmer era but agreed it was time for him to go, Lane was a waste, and now the university has a long way to go to get back where they were.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Anyway, whats the status on AJ & OD? I just recently heard that Owen Daniels will be a game time decision as well, what happened to him? I'm hoping both are ok, but I'd definitely prefer that they both sit this game out :D.

YUP, game time decision - for both.

As far as that dude you're arguing with, the ignore button works real well.

kiwitexansfan
10-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Something to consider. Nnamdi Asomugha shut down Larry Fitzgerald last week, and can be counted on shutting down the Texan's #1 WR this week.

Sorry I couldn't let this slip past. With who Fitzgerald has throwing the ball to him, ERRRRR, past him, over him, short of him, to the other team, I could shut Fitz down.

Houston_Fanatic
10-02-2010, 07:02 PM
It would have been better had UT held on for the victory. Oh well, at least Lane Kiffin is gone, and UT is now on the road to recovery.

I went to school at UT back when Johnny Majors was HC, I liked the Fulmer era but agreed it was time for him to go, Lane was a waste, and now the university has a long way to go to get back where they were.

I just edited my post - when I wrote that I wasn't being sarcastic - I thought Tenn had won the game. I flipped back to the UT-OU game after the bobbled snap and time expired.

imatexan
10-02-2010, 07:11 PM

Understand now?

So you were born in DC/went to UT/live in Houston and are a Raiders fan?

At what point did you have any ties to The LA/Oakland Raiders?

I am getting a better sense of why your posts seemed confused ;)

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 07:12 PM

I give up arguing with this guy, obviously he's reached the conclusion that I'm not a Raider fan and won't budge from that no matter what.

Didn't realize "we" were arguing. And I can't remember ever saying you were NOT a Raider fan. I believe I said you see the team differently than most Raider fans because of your disdain for the Owner Davis, but you are certainly not alone.

BTW, how does a Raider-fan get 1,300 posts on a Texans board, but doesn't seem to have any posts on the Raiders board? Just asking? :fingergun:

Tweaked hamstring I do believe.

On the Raiders side, DHB has been added to the injury list with a groin strain. Seymour, DT John Henderson and a few others are questionable, but I'm pretty sure they'll play.

Why mention DHB, wasn't he one of the players you were griping about Davis and the Raiders having on roster? :wadepalm: Don't get me wrong, I didn't want them to draft DHB either, but since then I've grown to appreciate the kid's heart, effort, and time spent honing his game. Don't know if you caught it or not, but he has had a couple nice runs after the catch and he isn't a bad downfield blocker either.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
So you were born in DC/went to UT/live in Houston and are a Raiders fan?

At what point did you have any ties to The LA/Oakland Raiders?

I am getting a better sense of why your posts seemed confused ;)

Since I was a kid back in 1967 I've been following the Raiders, it has been 43 years now. I didn't like the 'Skins, because I was in a house full of 'Skins fans.

Cerberus
10-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Sorry I couldn't let this slip past. With who Fitzgerald has throwing the ball to him, ERRRRR, past him, over him, short of him, to the other team, I could shut Fitz down.

Well then, how about the last two meetings between AJ and Nnamdi, AJ has 4 catches for 85 yards; or an avg. of 2 Rec. for 42.5 yds/game.

NitroGSXR
10-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Didn't realize "we" were arguing. And I can't remember ever saying you were NOT a Raider fan. I believe I said you see the team differently than most Raider fans because of your disdain for the Owner Davis, but you are certainly not alone.

BTW, how does a Raider-fan get 1,300 posts on a Texans board, but doesn't seem to have any posts on the Raiders board? Just asking? :fingergun:

Tweaked hamstring I do believe.

Why mention DHB, wasn't he one of the players you were griping about Davis and the Raiders having on roster? :wadepalm: Don't get me wrong, I didn't want them to draft DHB either, but since then I've grown to appreciate the kid's heart, effort, and time spent honing his game. Don't know if you caught it or not, but he has had a couple nice runs after the catch and he isn't a bad downfield blocker either.

I was watching one of the football shows and it made mention of DHB's tendency to jump while catching. Do you (or anybody else) have any thoughts on that? Sounds like a coachable issue. How's the recieving coach holding up? He any good?

NitroGSXR
10-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Well then, how about the last two meetings between AJ and Nnamdi, AJ has 4 catches for 85 yards; or an avg. of 2 Rec. for 42.5 yds/game.
Andre has had five catches in the last four games against Asomugha.

That's respect.

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 07:59 PM
The Texans have 4 wins in 5 games against Oakland.

That's respect!

;)

Kulluminatii
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM

I'm not trying to argue, but you sure came off as if you were trying question me being a "true" Raiders fan. And like I've said before, I don't hate Al Davis the owner, I have problems with him being the GM. At this point, I'm pretty sure most Raider fans aren't satisfied with the way Davis is running the team. At least thats what I can gather from friends, and the Raider forums I browse.

By posting in the "No Sports Talk Allowed" section of the message board :D. I rarely post in the Texans section. I think its safe to say if that section of the MB wasn't here, I wouldn't have stayed long.

Why mention DHB, wasn't he one of the players you were griping about Davis and the Raiders having on roster?
:wadepalm: Don't get me wrong, I didn't want them to draft DHB either, but since then I've grown to appreciate the kid's heart, effort, and time spent honing his game. Don't know if you caught it or not, but he has had a couple nice runs after the catch and he isn't a bad downfield blocker either.

Why not? I just learned he had a groin strain today when browsing RaiderFans. The only problem I had was DHB getting picked that high, I don't have any problems with DHB. I love how much work the guy put in during the off-season, you can see he has improved dramatically, and will continue to improve over the years. Those sessions after practice w/ Nnamdi must have really helped.

I was watching one of the football shows and it made mention of DHB's tendency to jump while catching. Do you (or anybody else) have any thoughts on that? Sounds like a coachable issue. How's the recieving coach holding up? He any good?

Yes, DHB has that tendency, but I've seen it a lot less this season. Sanjay Lal is our WR coach and I think he's been doing a fine job so far w/ our young WRs.

That's respect!

;)

Should be 4 of 6 come Sunday :fingergun:.

NitroGSXR
10-02-2010, 08:09 PM

That's respect!

;)

Don't confuse respect with purple drank.

:fans:

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Should be 4 of 6 come Sunday :fingergun:.

That's why they play the games! ;)

Texan_Bill
10-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Don't confuse respect with purple drank.

:fans:

Got some??!?!

I kid, I kid.

Kulluminatii
10-03-2010, 02:25 AM
In case anyone missed it...
NFL Playbook: Houston Texans vs Oakland Raiders (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nhL7O-gm-8&feature=player_embedded)

dalemurphy
10-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Was last week’s loss against Dallas simply indicative of how things work in the NFL or was it a sign that the Texans have more holes than I thougth? By 6pm tonight, I’ll have a pretty solid answer for you. The Texans may be without three pro-bowlers today (OD, AJ, Cushing) and its starting LT, Duane Brown. Regardless, I expect the Texans to rebound from the disappointing loss to Dallas with a solid effort and a win at Oakland. Bruce Gradkowski is no Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, or Tony Romo. And, he’ll be throwing to a very unimpressive group of WRs… though I have a lot of respect for TE, Zach Miller. If the secondary struggles this afternoon and no one other than Mario Williams is able to record a sack, feel free to panic. I certainly will be.

Here are some matchups to watch:

1. Texans pass rush versus Oakland OLine- Other than Buffalo, I do not believe there is a worse O-line, certainly in terms of pass blocking, in the entire NFL. Langston Walker and Mario Henderson are the Oakland tackles and they are slow-footed, past their prime, and just not good. Mario Williams, Antonio Smith, Ogunleye and company should consistently be hanging of Gradkowski on passing downs. The interior line has been doing well in the run game but they are not the type of maulers that the Texans struggled with last week. If the Texans can control the Oakland run game and score some some points early in the game, they should have Gradkowski punch drunk by the third quarter. I will be disappointed if the Texans don’t tally at least 4 or 5 sacks and a couple turnovers in the passing game.

2. Arian Foster vs. Tyvon Branch- CONTINUE ARTICLE (http://www.texansbullblog.com/texans-care-business-texans-raiders-preview/featured-articles/matchup-preview/)

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Raiders scouting report (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/10/03/3075079/raiders-scouting-report.html#mi_rss=Raiders) from the Sacramento Bee.

Malloy
10-03-2010, 09:00 AM
5. My Texan fandom versus God- If the Texans are unable to put away the Raiders this afternoon, then my supposition that perhaps God is using the Texans to teach me a lesson. Like Leonard Nimoy once said, “remove whatever is impossible and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”. Well said Spock!

Think that was actually Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes that said that :)

TexCanada
10-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Go Texans! Huge game today.

Ranger Tom
10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm feeling better about this one than I did about Dallas, but we still have the same major problem as last week: if we don't have an effective pass rush, the secondary will get shredded. Got to get to Gradkowski early and often.

CloakNNNdagger
10-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm feeling better about this one than I did about Dallas, but we still have the same major problem as last week: if we don't have an effective pass rush, the secondary will get shredded. Got to get to Gradkowski early and often.

We all hope that the Texans don't return to Houston like this.

http://myzerowaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/shredded-paper.jpg

Cerberus
10-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Exactly where did I or anyone else in this thread say that Kulluminati spoke for Raider fans?

I only mentioned his avatar which pictues the Texans in a not too favorable ( but applicable ) manner.

Kulluminati's posts come across as a knowledgebale Raider fan discussing the upcoming game with Texans fans.

You, on the other hand, seem more interested in defaming a fellow Raider fan.

Hmmmm, and yet it would appear I was the one that was correct in my analysis; not to mention my prediction of a 27-20 final was only 4 points off for each team, but the margin of victory was dead-on!

imatexan
10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Hmmmm, and yet it would appear I was the one that was correct in my analysis; not to mention my prediction of a 27-20 final was only 4 points off for each team, but the margin of victory was dead-on!

You are just soooooo amazinggg!!!

Great job predicting your teams loss!
You should be an NFL writer and predict all the outcomes of the games!

JB
10-03-2010, 09:34 PM

Hmmm, and Murphy had how many catches? And Bey? You were talking pretty high on them. They seemed to disappear today.

Cerberus
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, and Murphy had how many catches? And Bey? You were talking pretty high on them. They seemed to disappear today.

Really, I was? Can you please show me the posts where I was telling you how high I am on them? I know I stated that Murphy was the Raiders top WR (statistical fact prior to Game 4), and I mentioned that I didn't want to draft DHB but have grown to admire the kid. So, where was it that I was saying they were so great? Or are you putting words in my mouth so you can pretend to have successfully attacked me?

Cerberus
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM
You are just soooooo amazinggg!!!

Great job predicting your teams loss!
You should be an NFL writer and predict all the outcomes of the games!

And where was your prediction of a 7-point Texan victory over the Raiders?

Kulluminatii
10-03-2010, 10:13 PM

You are seriously gloating over the fact that you predicted the right score? Does it not matter to you at all that Grads was getting killed out there? Or that DHB and Murphy were shut down by a rookie CB and a below-average CB? Or that Murphy let a almost sure catch slip out of his hands? Our D got run over by Ward & Slaton, and then killed by Foster.

Yeah, keep celebrating your analysis skills.

Houston_Fanatic
10-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Good Lord - if you are this arrogant after a loss, I hate to think how insufferable you would be if the Raiders had won the game. :gun:

JB
10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Really, I was? Can you please show me the posts where I was telling you how high I am on them? I know I stated that Murphy was the Raiders top WR (statistical fact prior to Game 4), and I mentioned that I didn't want to draft DHB but have grown to admire the kid. So, where was it that I was saying they were so great? Or are you putting words in my mouth so you can pretend to have successfully attacked me?

Yeah, sorry I must have got you mixed up with that other troll.

Brandon420tx
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Well, that 1 catch for 5 yards actually won me my fantasy game against co-worker d-bag. I won by .85 points. Thank god its a PPR league. You rock Louis Murphy

Texan_Bill
10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
You are seriously gloating over the fact that you predicted the right score? Does it not matter to you at all that Grads was getting killed out there? Or that DHB and Murphy were shut down by a rookie CB and a below-average CB? Or that Murphy let a almost sure catch slip out of his hands? Our D got run over by Ward & Slaton, and then killed by Foster.

Yeah, keep celebrating your analysis skills.

Dude, I told you about the ignore button....

HEY!! The Raiders are gonna make some noise this season. Y'all have a pretty good team. I didn't think for a minute that this would be an easy game for the Texans!!

beerlover
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
the Texans had to want this game more than the Raiders to win it, that says something right there.

Kulluminatii
10-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Dude, I told you about the ignore button....

Meh, I'm trying to keep my streak going of never putting a person on ignore and never neg repping somebody...although I've cut it close a couple of times .

Cerberus hasn't really said anything worthy of being ignored IMO...he's just been a little douchy is all :D.

HEY!! The Raiders are gonna make some noise this season. Y'all have a pretty good team. I didn't think for a minute that this would be an easy game for the Texans!!

Thanks bro. I think we'll place 2nd-3rd in the AFCW. We got some good pieces spread around, but like I've said before we have some glaring problems. Until our o-line improves, I don't see Grads doing much better than he did tonight. Huff still can't wrap tackle to save his life, that was obvious when Foster broke the 70-yarder for a TD. If the Raiders play it smart up again in next year's draft and grab some solid players...we'll definitely be making some noise next season.

Although...I'm not too sure that will be happening in Oakland. There were about 32k at the game. Yes...32k. When you put crap on the field for a solid 8 years...I'm still surprised 30k show up.

the Texans had to want this game more than the Raiders to win it, that says something right there.

Although it doesn't mean much when you have lost the game, I think the Raiders for the most part played with a lot of heart today. The team seemed to respond better when Grads was out their taking hits...even though I hope he never does something as stupid as that ever again. Hell we even played better, I can't remember the last time Oakland only got 2 penalties (yeah I know we got away with one or two). Those two tipped passes that should have been caught really killed us though.

texansdrummer
10-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Raiders were tough......no doubt about it. Nice to see that again from the franchise that is historically associated with that. Gradkowski was nearly kamikaze-esque. He certainly didn't get any favors from his receivers.

It's unfortunate that the attendance was so low. I went to Oakland for the last Texans game and had an epic experience. Kingsford Kirk and co. totally hooked me up and I had a front row seat behind the Texans bench. During the game, a security guy came up to me (Yes....I was thinking WTF?), and delivered an autographed pic of one of our players that a guy in the Black Hole sent over to me. That really blew me away. I could even see the guy across the way waving to me once I received it. Sure, there was some ribbing during my visit, but (at least in my experience) it was all good-natured. When you go there in a different jersey, you're gonna get that. Show them a little respect, and your golden. They are certainly hard-core fans, and when you roll in there house, if you are respectful, they give you some serious respect for likewise being a "hard-core" fan.

I had such a great time there that I will go back again...even for a non-Texan game, in which case, I will absolutely cheer for the Raiders.

The Raiders have some seriously amazing fans. I will pull for them any day they aren't playing the Texans. (I grew up a Chiefs fan, BTW)

TheMatrix31
10-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Definitely not like any other experience I've ever heard of from a home Raiders game.

texansdrummer
10-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Definitely not like any other experience I've ever heard of from a home Raiders game.

Yeah...I believe it, but if you are a true football fan, you really owe it to yourself to experience a Raiders home game. There is nothing like it, and it doesn't matter how many people show up.

You're just gonna have to trust me on this one.

Thorn
10-04-2010, 05:56 AM
If Oaklands recievers would have cought the damn ball, this game could have been much different. What this game proved to me, for the Raiders, is they are not at all a bad team. Perhaps not a playoff team yet, but I don't think the Raiders will be drafting in the top ten next year.

For the Texans, yeah, our offense is legit. Our running game is legit, and Foster apparently isn't an angel. meh on Foster not being an angel as long as he runs good. Schaub can throw with the best of them, we got good recievers and our O line can run block. I'm excited as hell about our offense, because it's very, VERY good.

Texans defense, not so much, but I'm going to wait for Da Cush to come back before I go laying into them again. I think Kareen Jackson is going to be good, and his growing pains are typical of a starting CB.

Bring on the Giants. :texflag:

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Good Lord - if you are this arrogant after a loss, I hate to think how insufferable you would be if the Raiders had won the game. :gun:

Arrogant? :lol: You're not very good at reading people, are you? And just so you know, that was a rhetorical question. Truth of the matter is I came here to discuss football with some opposition fans. I was called a troll and told I didn't know what I was talking about; so I just wanted those that thought I was a troll to realize that after following the NFL for 40+ years I actually understand the game rather well. For example, I don't gamble but my gambling friends turn to me for NFL advice because they know I follow the game 52 weeks a year.

BTW, had the Raiders won, I doubt I would have come back here at all. You see, most of you all would have been greatly upset and likely would have used me to vent your anger. In fact, some of the cheap shots taken at me now are likely a result of the disappointment in not blowing out a team you underestimate.

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 07:02 AM
You are seriously gloating over the fact that you predicted the right score?

No, not gloating; pointing out to those who thought I was a troll and full-of-sh*+.

Does it not matter to you at all that Grads was getting killed out there? Or that DHB and Murphy were shut down by a rookie CB and a below-average CB? Or that Murphy let a almost sure catch slip out of his hands? Our D got run over by Ward & Slaton, and then killed by Foster.

Sure it does, but not like it did when I was a kid or a young man. As time has gone by I realized that I shouldn't get all tore-up over a game that doesn't seem to have the same importance to those playing the game. Just look at the players after a loss (any team) and you'll see them smiling and laughing with the other players at mid field.

So why should I get so bent out of shape over the loss if they don't? Plus, I used to hang out with a guy whose entire personality for the week was influenced by how the Raiders played on Sunday. I don't let that happen to me. Instead, I watch the games while going through the gauntlet of emotions, then after the game I move on!

[/QUOTE]Yeah, keep celebrating your analysis skills.[/QUOTE]

Celebrate? Hardly. I just so happen to be good at predicting scores and outcomes; I'm usually correct with my football predictions around 78% of the time.

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Dude, I told you about the ignore button...

Yeah, the ignore button is good for when you don't want to hear any opposing views and are content living in a bubble of ignorance. :nolisten:

As for me, I tend to frequent an AFCW board because I like to hear opposing views, not just sit around on a Raider board and listen to people talk about how great the Raiders are, or gripe about the OL, Al Davis, Cable, DHB, or . . . .

So you see, me coming here is part of my continuing football education with regard to both the opposing teams and their fans. From past experiences in going to games at Reliant I can say most of the Texan fans are good and talk very little sh*+; however, this board has also let me see the "other" side of Texans fans. At least the bad Texan fans (not calling anyone here out in particular) are still not as obnoxious as Cowboy fans.

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Raiders were tough......no doubt about it. Nice to see that again from the franchise that is historically associated with that. Gradkowski was nearly kamikaze-esque. He certainly didn't get any favors from his receivers.

It's unfortunate that the attendance was so low. I went to Oakland for the last Texans game and had an epic experience. Kingsford Kirk and co. totally hooked me up and I had a front row seat behind the Texans bench. During the game, a security guy came up to me (Yes....I was thinking WTF?), and delivered an autographed pic of one of our players that a guy in the Black Hole sent over to me. That really blew me away. I could even see the guy across the way waving to me once I received it. Sure, there was some ribbing during my visit, but (at least in my experience) it was all good-natured. When you go there in a different jersey, you're gonna get that. Show them a little respect, and your golden. They are certainly hard-core fans, and when you roll in there house, if you are respectful, they give you some serious respect for likewise being a "hard-core" fan.

I had such a great time there that I will go back again...even for a non-Texan game, in which case, I will absolutely cheer for the Raiders.

The Raiders have some seriously amazing fans. I will pull for them any day they aren't playing the Texans. (I grew up a Chiefs fan, BTW)

Going to a Raiders game with the oppositions jersey is not dangerous like many would have you believe. That is, unless you go there and can't help but run your mouth, but that is true in most stadiums.

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 07:52 AM

That's because you believe the media hype.

Did you know that before he died, Barrel-man (a Donk fan) used to get with Raider fans to exchange tickets so they can get seats in the other teams stadiums? In fact, Raider fans are some of the most passionate fans you'll find with regard to football, and they are also some of the kindest fans you'll find. When a player like Marquis Cooper or Leon Bender dies, the Raider Board puts together a package with sympathies and such sent to that players' family. I guess it is part of being a Raider. Like when John Madden visited Darryl Stingley in the hospital when no Patriot did, or when Al Davis flew to Florida to visit Derrick Thomas in the hospital before he died which is something no Chief did.

In short, you've been duped!

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah...I believe it, but if you are a true football fan, you really owe it to yourself to experience a Raiders home game. There is nothing like it, and it doesn't matter how many people show up.

You're just gonna have to trust me on this one.

Yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIdGqOl1yhE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0dRXHhCFBM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmYILfnKXIM

Texan_Bill
10-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah, the ignore button is good for when you don't want to hear any opposing views and are content living in a bubble of ignorance. :nolisten:

As for me, I tend to frequent an AFCW board because I like to hear opposing views, not just sit around on a Raider board and listen to people talk about how great the Raiders are, or gripe about the OL, Al Davis, Cable, DHB, or . . . .

So you see, me coming here is part of my continuing football education with regard to both the opposing teams and their fans. From past experiences in going to games at Reliant I can say most of the Texan fans are good and talk very little sh*+; however, this board has also let me see the "other" side of Texans fans. At least the bad Texan fans (not calling anyone here out in particular) are still not as obnoxious as Cowboy fans.

Opposing views are one thing. Asshattery and douche.baggery are another. You fit the latter and not the former.

NitroGSXR
10-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Opposing views are one thing. Asshattery and douche.baggery are another. You fit the latter and not the former.
Now I totally understand why Raider fans like to stab folks in the stands.

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Whatever! :rolleyes: Because everyone knows you would never read emotions and voice inflections into my posts where they don't belong. Then again, this is the internet so I care because . . . ??????

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Now I totally understand why Raider fans like to stab folks in the stands.

Nah, Texan_Bill isn't that obnoxious.

HOU-TEX
10-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Nah, Texan_Bill isn't that obnoxious.

Dude? The game's over, the Raiders lost. You came back and gave yourself a pat on the back, so why are you still here?

If you would've come back today discussing the actual game rather than the self-reach-around you might've been better off. Buh bye now

Cerberus
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Dude? The game's over, the Raiders lost. You came back and gave yourself a pat on the back, so why are you still here?

If you would've come back today discussing the actual game rather than the self-reach-around you might've been better off. Buh bye now

Hello again!

Because "dude", I live in Houston and I also like the Texans; I just happen to be a Raider fan first and foremost. I mean, there is no doubt who I want to win between the two teams any time they meet, but if the Raiders aren't going to win the Super Bowl I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans do it.

Shoot, I have two FFL teams, on one I have Arian Foster and Neil Rackers, while on the other I have Arian Foster and Andre Johnson; the Raiders' Louis Murphy is also on both my teams. Last year I had Schaub and Owen Daniels, and the year before that I had Steve Slaton. So yeah, I also like the Texans and knew enough to draft Slaton his rookie year, and Arian this year in our Aug. FFL drafts. If should also be mentioned I've kind of followed Kubiak since his days in Denver, and figured he would get this team up and running if given the time.

Houston_Fanatic
10-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Hello again!

Because "dude", I live in Houston and I also like the Texans; I just happen to be a Raider fan first and foremost. I mean, there is no doubt who I want to win between the two teams any time they meet, but if the Raiders aren't going to win the Super Bowl I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans do it.

Shoot, I have two FFL teams, on one I have Arian Foster and Neil Rackers, while on the other I have Arian Foster and Andre Johnson; the Raiders' Louis Murphy is also on both my teams.

so that means we are stuck with you ?!?! j/k

welcome to the board and feel free to jump in on the other threads, too.

BigBull17
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
If Oaklands recievers would have cought the damn ball, this game could have been much different. What this game proved to me, for the Raiders, is they are not at all a bad team. Perhaps not a playoff team yet, but I don't think the Raiders will be drafting in the top ten next year.

For the Texans, yeah, our offense is legit. Our running game is legit, and Foster apparently isn't an angel. meh on Foster not being an angel as long as he runs good. Schaub can throw with the best of them, we got good recievers and our O line can run block. I'm excited as hell about our offense, because it's very, VERY good.

Texans defense, not so much, but I'm going to wait for Da Cush to come back before I go laying into them again. I think Kareen Jackson is going to be good, and his growing pains are typical of a starting CB.
Bring on the Giants. :texflag:

They need to stop with sprinters and start getting receivers

imatexan
10-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIdGqOl1yhE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0dRXHhCFBM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmYILfnKXIM

Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhXTnJjBnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4r7HtefRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzzqw7UVAY

And many more.

I have no problem with Raiders fans but to say it is all the media is just plain wrong. The Raiders have great fans but they have many trashy ones as well.

I have never seen the opposing teams fans taunt the home teams fans after they lost the game until last year after the Texans/Raiders game).

cuppacoffee
10-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Since I was a kid back in 1967 I've been following the Raiders, it has been 43 years now. I didn't like the 'Skins, because I was in a house full of 'Skins fans.

Now I understand.

The same reason I hate dullas, I was an Oiler fan in a house full of dullas fans.

Texan_Bill
10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhXTnJjBnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4r7HtefRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzzqw7UVAY

And many more.

I have no problem with Raiders fans but to say it is all the media is just plain wrong. The Raiders have great fans but they have many trashy ones as well.

I have never seen the opposing teams fans taunt the home teams fans after they lost the game until last year after the Texans/Raiders game).

You forgot this dumbass Raider fan!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-a8qLSCk84

cuppacoffee
10-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Arrogant? :lol: You're not very good at reading people, are you? And just so you know, that was a rhetorical question. Truth of the matter is I came here to discuss football with some opposition fans. I was called a troll and told I didn't know what I was talking about; so I just wanted those that thought I was a troll to realize that after following the NFL for 40+ years I actually understand the game rather well. For example, I don't gamble but my gambling friends turn to me for NFL advice because they know I follow the game 52 weeks a year.
BTW, had the Raiders won, I doubt I would have come back here at all. You see, most of you all would have been greatly upset and likely would have used me to vent your anger. In fact, some of the cheap shots taken at me now are likely a result of the disappointment in not blowing out a team you underestimate.

It appears to me that you originally came here to flame Kulluminatii, a fellow Raiders fan.

Instead of attacking his post you attacked the poster, that's kind of frowned on around here. You should have realized this by the way TT posters defended Kulluminatii.

And then you make you make assumptions (wrong by the way) that we would "have vented our anger" on you had we lost. TT posters would have vented against our owner, our coach, our players, the announcers, the refs, and the cheerleaders (maybe not). An anonymous Raider fan/poster would have been way down on the venting list.

"Then again, this is the internet so I care because . . . ?????? "

Because you are still here?

"Celebrate? Hardly. I just so happen to be good at predicting scores and outcomes; I'm usually correct with my football predictions around 78% of the time."

And percentages are made up at around 98.2% of the time.

And feel free to hang around. TT posters will probably add to your football enlightenment.

qman_tx
10-06-2010, 03:39 AM
SMH Raider fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdi-wV6LmyE