PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin

eriadoc
09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
... is very underrated, IMO. He had 8 catches today in his 98th game, putting him at 606 for his career. He's the fastest player ever to 600 receptions. He has remarkably similar stats to our own AJ. I think lots of folks forgot how good he was from his rookie year on after Fitz came onto the scene, but I didn't. I'm glad to see him on his own again.

Kulluminatii
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah, the guy can definitely play and he'll continue to produce as Flacco gets better. I wish the Raiders could have gone after him, but we would of had to give up too many picks that we desperately needed.

TexCanada
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree that he is great, but I'm not so sure that he is under-rated. He gets quite a bit of attention as one of the premier pass catchers in the league, and he fully deserves it.

eriadoc
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I agree that he is great, but I'm not so sure that he is under-rated. He gets quite a bit of attention as one of the premier pass catchers in the league, and he fully deserves it.

I keep hearing how he's not a true #1, how he's always had Fitz there (they forget Boldin's rookie year), and how Boldin had Warner throwing to him (conveniently forgetting McCown, Blake, etc.).

TexansSeminole
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I keep hearing how he's not a true #1, how he's always had Fitz there (they forget Boldin's rookie year), and how Boldin had Warner throwing to him (conveniently forgetting McCown, Blake, etc.).

Me too. I got him way late in my fantasy league with some pretty well rounded knowledgeable fans from all over the place.

Texecutioner
09-27-2010, 12:58 AM

Oh yeah, I've had to bring back that part of his history to a lot of folks actually. A lot of people have forgotten what Boldin's been at one point. Just two years ago in AJ's first year of getting 1,500+ yards, up until like week 8 or 9 when Boldin got hurt he was leading the league in yards and TD's. He never really got back on track once he came back from injury, but he had been a monster for sure. Nice to see Boldin doing his thing again.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Anquan Boldin isn't fast enough to play for the Raiders.

BigBull17
09-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Me too. I got him way late in my fantasy league with some pretty well rounded knowledgeable fans from all over the place.

I took him fairly early and people were amazed. Said it was a bad pick. He is a beast. He is driving my team. He and Kyle Orton.

Yeah, the guy can definitely play and he'll continue to produce as Flacco gets better. I wish the Raiders could have gone after him, but we would of had to give up too many picks that we desperately needed.

Not a fast enough 40 time. Al Davis would never get a WR that runs a 4.7.

TimeKiller
09-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Well, he's certainly not letting anyone down retaining his "the Man" role is he?