PDA

View Full Version : One Loss Relax All

gary
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I have not been on here all day but I knew this board would be all kinds of crazy when I logged in. This game was a must win for the Cowboys. I honestly thought Dallas would play like they did today. The Texans did not score once they were inside the 20 yard line due to flags and mistakes. Winston had a bad game but I exspect him to bounce back. The D is still starting a rookie CB on the right side and missing the two time DROY. I'll be frank with everyone I'm not sold on Frank Bush at all. Matt did not look his best but the D did not give him many chances and Ware is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Yhea, I know the Cowboys came into this game 0-2 but they were just a couple of plays away from beating both the Redskins and Bears. The Texans have to put this loss behind them and go to Oakland next week and win against a team that they know they are better than. They do not play a team like the Cowboys every Sunday. Winning against the AFC is what the Texans have to focuss on next if they want to reach their ultimate goal of making the playoffs and beyond. Gary has to get the team ready to play in Raider nation and come out with an important road win. GO TEXANS

gary
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Frank Bush is not on my good side.

ObsiWan
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
To be honest, it would have been an amazing win with two key starters gone and our best player operating at about 80%.

Still, we should have played better.

gary
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Of course they should have played better but it is not the end of the world.

ObsiWan
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Of course they should have played better but it is not the end of the world.

I'm not in panic mode.
In fact, this loss didn't really surprise me. We don't have all our pieces. Our main cog to the offense is operating at 80%. We were playing a team that is desperate and has been reading/hearing all week about how they were done for the season. They have too much pride to take that lying down.

gary
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm not in panic mode.
In fact, this loss didn't really surprise me. We don't have all our pieces. Our main cog to the offense is operating at 80%. We were playing a team that is desperate and has been reading/hearing all week about how they were done for the season. They have too much pride to take that lying down.
Dallas was very hungry for this game and the Texans were missing both Brown and Cushing. They have an AFC matchup next week go get em.

HTown2ATX
09-26-2010, 09:10 PM
No one should be in panic mode. It just sucks that we had to lose to freaking dallas and seriously the secondary blows. Are we that bad at depth back there that no matter how burnt toast they are over and over they stay in there????

It was the perfect storm of the let down game we should have seen coming for miles as is the normal Texans MO and dallas was desparate and HAD to win today.

Can't WAIT to get to work Monday and pay up my breakfast taco bets and hear it from cowtrick fans. :gun:

Thanks again Texans! You're always good for making me remember why I should never run my mouth about you....ever.:whip: (JK)

It's ok though. I'll take this loss now and then play the SB in jerra's house please and thank you!

ObsiWan
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
next week will be interesting. the #1 and #3 rushers in the NFL will be going at each other

Wolf
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM
my concern (and I know we are still young) but the Texans and everybody else knew the Cowboys' backs were against the wall and they would come out hungry and the Texans seemed to be ho-hum and go through the motions. that is what concerns me, if this team tries to make a playoff push. Will they be able to handle the pressure to go from the hunter (needing to win to get into the playoffs) to the hunted (being in the playoff race and have some desperate teams trying to catch them)

I know time will tell and this is way early, it just irks me when I start to think the team is ready for the big time (news coverage and whatnot) and they play crappy.

well maybe a good nights sleep and I will feel better

Blake
09-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Ah how I love the obligatory "one loss relax everyone" thread of the year. I love it.

beerlover
09-26-2010, 10:49 PM
I seem to remember this thread starter saying losing Brown was no big deal? well it kinda was, no offense to Chester Pitts I mean Rashad Butler, but the beauty of Duane Browns game is he sticks to his man, Schaub has a feel for his pocket parameters & the unit just seems to gel both in the passing & running game.

Andre should sit for the next two weeks, come back after the bye. He is too valueable to risk against the Raiders on that dirt filled, rock hard field. Cushing must also sit his last game suspended.

One loss relax, can you say 2-2? it is coming around a little differently than expected but I'll take it coming home in week 5 to face the Giants. I'm staying the course :rake:

Playmaker
09-26-2010, 10:56 PM
our secondary in pass defense sucks

we've got a jekyll/hyde pass rush

Schaub has been getting sacked way too often

Slaton is crap

other than that we're fine

we shore up those issues, we are SuperBowl bound

Cjeremy635
09-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Dallas was very hungry for this game and the Texans were missing both Brown and Cushing. They have an AFC matchup next week go get em.

I keep hearing this line and it make NO sense to me at all. If one team wanted to win more than the other, then everybody on here had better be concerned. What you are saying, in a nut shell, is that our team didn't care if they won or loss and that it wasn't that important of a game. Yes, it wasn't a divisional game, but this isn't baseball. There isn't a 100+ game schedule where you can afford to take games off. There is only 16 games, so to me, every single one counts. This team just failed to show up and I could see it in their faces before the kick off. They came out flat and got flat out played. Period.

stevn8r
09-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Um, we sucked today! And that's all I have to say about that.

ThaShark316
09-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Fix the issues, we good.

Stack that line next Sunday, and pound the rock vs Oakland.

GuerillaBlack
09-26-2010, 11:14 PM
I keep hearing this line and it make NO sense to me at all. If one team wanted to win more than the other, then everybody on here had better be concerned. What you are saying, in a nut shell, is that our team didn't care if they won or loss and that it wasn't that important of a game. Yes, it wasn't a divisional game, but this isn't baseball. There isn't a 100+ game schedule where you can afford to take games off. There is only 16 games, so to me, every single one counts. This team just failed to show up and I could see it in their faces before the kick off. They came out flat and got flat out played. Period.

We wanted that Colts game more than the Colts did... Are you going to say the same things about them?

Cjeremy635
09-26-2010, 11:23 PM
We wanted that Colts game more than the Colts did... Are you going to say the same things about them?

Damn right I am. I expect every player on every team, to show up every game. If not, you cheat your own team and your fans. If I showed up to my job and gave a half ass attempt, I'd be canned. These players have the "luxury" of getting a contract for a scheduled length of time and I think they take advantage of it. That's why you tend to see players rise to the occassion when it's a contract year and it's considered to be acceptable to do that. If they actually had to play their asses off to get paid every time they stepped on the field, I think you'd get an entirely different product out of the teams. I have a huge problem with the system, but that's a whole other thread.

thunderkyss
09-27-2010, 12:17 AM
To be honest, it would have been an amazing win with two key starters gone and our best player operating at about 80%.

Still, we should have played better.

That's the point, and that's why people are upset. "The best offense in the league" scored a total of 6 points outside of garbage time. Other than that, we look like the team we thought we weren't... we looked like the same old Texans, we looked like we're still on the wrong side of that corner.

& it's true, the Texans will move on to the next game, but not today... not tomorrow. Tomorrow, they'll be watching this game, they should learn (like they should have been learning after the week 1 win & the week 2 win) where their issues are.

Tuesday the players should be off, the coaches should be formulating a plan on how they are going to get Aaron Schoe... I mean how they are going to fix those problems. Wednesday, they should get to work on Oakland.

thunderkyss
09-27-2010, 12:22 AM
No one should be in panic mode. It just sucks that we had to lose to freaking dallas and seriously the secondary blows. Are we that bad at depth back there that no matter how burnt toast they are over and over they stay in there????

If it makes you feel any better, KJackson was pulled for a few plays, & Wilson was pulled after the second Roy Williams TD.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 12:30 AM
After watching the players' interviews, I think this game was a good game to make this team humble and hungry again. They're going to get it. I have a good feeling. :)

NitroGSXR
09-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Damn right I am. I expect every player on every team, to show up every game. If not, you cheat your own team and your fans. If I showed up to my job and gave a half ass attempt, I'd be canned. These players have the "luxury" of getting a contract for a scheduled length of time and I think they take advantage of it. That's why you tend to see players rise to the occassion when it's a contract year and it's considered to be acceptable to do that. If they actually had to play their asses off to get paid every time they stepped on the field, I think you'd get an entirely different product out of the teams. I have a huge problem with the system, but that's a whole other thread.
There's something powerful to be said of naturally produced adrenaline pumping through the veins.

hradhak
09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
You always learn more from a loss than from a win. We lost because we didn't play well, whether that's a hunger issue or not I can't speak for the team. It certainly looked like they didn't play well because they just weren't into it.

Either way, I think both sides of the ball saw a lot that will help them improve for the rest of the season.

BigBull17
09-27-2010, 07:15 AM
I seem to remember this thread starter saying losing Brown was no big deal? well it kinda was, no offense to Chester Pitts I mean Rashad Butler, but the beauty of Duane Browns game is he sticks to his man, Schaub has a feel for his pocket parameters & the unit just seems to gel both in the passing & running game.

Andre should sit for the next two weeks, come back after the bye. He is too valueable to risk against the Raiders on that dirt filled, rock hard field. Cushing must also sit his last game suspended.

One loss relax, can you say 2-2? it is coming around a little differently than expected but I'll take it coming home in week 5 to face the Giants. I'm staying the course :rake:

Butler wasn't even close to the worst linemen out there today. Winston needs to quit his little radio show and focus mo0re, cause he was the Kareem Jackson of the oline. A turn style.

SheTexan
09-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Spencer Tillman made an interesting comment on his show last night when he said that this game meant more to the fans than it did to the players! True, players come from all over the Country and don't give a rat's flying crap about long term rivalries, BUT, just because this was not a division or conf game should they care less?? "One loss relax all," does that apply to the Giants and Eagles? Just because they're not CONF or DIV opponents? If this is truely their attitude then it really pisses me off. I don't care what kind of excuse anyone on this board comes up with, our team should have been playing for the fans yesterday!!! THEY ask us to SHOW UP, be there at kick off, well we were!! We overroad the almost 40% Cowboy fan attendance by being LOUD and supportive, we wore sucky BLUE against a team that wears BLUE, when we should have been wearing RED (had to throw that in!) we talked um up, bragged on um, believed in um, and they DON'T care about our feelings? IF we had lost to the Cowboys by playing a hard fought battle then so be it, you take the loss like a man/woman and move on to next week. BUT, we laid a big fat stinky egg and aimed it right at the fans!! I'm really ticked off at our team today!! WE, the FANS, deserved better!! JMO!!!!

HTown2ATX
09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
True, players come from all over the Country and don't give a rat's flying crap about long term rivalries, BUT, just because this was not a division or conf game should they care less?? "One loss relax all," does that apply to the Giants and Eagles? Just because they're not CONF or DIV opponents? If this is truely their attitude then it really pisses me off.

Agreed. Everytime I hear a player in the media for the Texans before the game it just bothered me everytime they tried to dismiss this game as just another game and frankly gave me a bad feeling about this game before it even started. A player would have to be an inbred moron not to realize the obvious...Houston, Dallas, Texas....hmmmmmmm could be a big effing deal and maybe I should play balls out!

I realize they are professionals but jeez.......figgin crap.

Mr teX
09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
It is just 1 loss & if it were any other opponent save for the titans it wouldn't bother nearly as much. But b/c it was to them......i want to go punch somebody.

Honestly i saw this coming a mile away b/c we were favored by nearly everyone, we were 2-0 & they had 2 very high profile losses & b/c as a football fan I knew what kind of talent they had over there. It was a make or break point for them & I fully expected them to come out fighting hard as hell......................I just thought that we would've fought a little harder back than we did is all. This was a team that beat a 13-0 saints team last year, so they had the recipe all along to be able to beat a wide open team like ours.

From our perspective, i think this is a critical time for us mainly b/c we get to see how our guys respond to a bad loss. Do we fold? or do we come back with more focus than ever? if its option 2, then i think this loss was good for the long haul of the season b/c it taught our guys a valuable lesson in how to handle success.

thunderkyss
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Spencer Tillman made an interesting comment on his show last night when he said that this game meant more to the fans than it did to the players! True, players come from all over the Country and don't give a rat's flying crap about long term rivalries, BUT, just because this was not a division or conf game should they care less?? "One loss relax all," does that apply to the Giants and Eagles? Just because they're not CONF or DIV opponents? If this is truely their attitude then it really pisses me off.

If it makes you feel better, they looked as into it, as they did last year on MNF...

SheTexan
09-27-2010, 09:22 AM
If it makes you feel better, they looked as into it, as they did last year on MNF...

I know, one reason why I'm so ticked off at them today!! I haven't forgotten that MNF game, and NONE of us should forget it!! NOR should be let our team forget it!! They seem to kick us in the teeth every damn time we get our hopes up about a game that means MORE to us than it does to them!!

Gurrrrrrrrr!!!! I'm one ticked off fan today!!!:aggressive:

GP
09-27-2010, 09:25 AM

I have to agree with gary here.

We had two weeks of high-emotion play out on the field. And remember this: We won like 4 or 5 straight games at the END of last season.

So, you're not going to rack up more than 6 or 7 straight wins in the NFL. At some point, there's a let down. At some point, you're going to slip and the other team is going to take advantage.

These guys are wealthy. They are employees and are working out there, but they are getting huge sums of money. And they're getting hurt. They're getting complacent and maybe dialing it back a notch, even if it's unknowingly happening to them.

I'm saying this: They're human. And they can't always be what we want them to be. I agree that I want them to be intense and focused all week long AND in the game. I just think the guys were sluggish and the Cowboys were fighting for their lives. It happens.

I think we will win our next two games. It's doable. That'd be 4-1. If every five games we have one "letdown" game, then that means we end at about 13-3 or 12-4. I'll take that.

I think nobody understands, to its fullest extent, what the loss of Brian Cushing means to this defense. If we limp into week 5 (when Cush returns) with a 3-1 record, having won three games without his presence, then I am fine with losing to the Cowboys. I'm fine if our guys were brainfarting. Get the brainfarting out of their system, so to speak.

It's a funny thing when you get to a point where you aren't mad about a loss. We wanted the good times to keep going. But it ended. And we gotta' remember that it probably is only on a temporary break. Now we'll see the true colors of the sports media and how they handle predicting our game vs. Oakland. Do they waffle? Or do they make the smart play and choose us?

bckey
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
This is one of your worst posts GP. I totally disagree with it. You are making excuses for their uninspired play. You can't go back to the end of last season and string last season's wins with this seasons. Two totally different animals. The Texans had a win streak of 2 this season and were lucky to come out of Washington with an overtime win. The redskins just lost to the rams this weekend for what it is worth. Schaub has had 2 bad games out of 3. Our defense has been terrible against the pass EVERY game so far this season. With the way Arian Foster has been playing it looks like the Texans wasted their 2nd round pick on Tate and instead could have picked up a decent safety.

Can the Texans win 10 games this season and make the playoffs? Yes but they could also lose and not make the playoffs. This team cannot afford to take games off. KC is looking like a lot tougher opponent than was expected. The Raiders can give the Texans trouble at their house. San Diego is getting better by the week and adjusting to playing without Jackson. The Titans and Colts are going to give us trouble. Baltimore and the Jets at their house in prime time. The Eagles and Mike Vick at their house. EVERY game is critical and the Texans need to play like balls out all the time.

gtexan02
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Spencer Tillman made an interesting comment on his show last night when he said that this game meant more to the fans than it did to the players! True, players come from all over the Country and don't give a rat's flying crap about long term rivalries, BUT, just because this was not a division or conf game should they care less?? "One loss relax all," does that apply to the Giants and Eagles? Just because they're not CONF or DIV opponents? If this is truely their attitude then it really pisses me off. I don't care what kind of excuse anyone on this board comes up with, our team should have been playing for the fans yesterday!!! THEY ask us to SHOW UP, be there at kick off, well we were!! We overroad the almost 40% Cowboy fan attendance by being LOUD and supportive, we wore sucky BLUE against a team that wears BLUE, when we should have been wearing RED (had to throw that in!) we talked um up, bragged on um, believed in um, and they DON'T care about our feelings? IF we had lost to the Cowboys by playing a hard fought battle then so be it, you take the loss like a man/woman and move on to next week. BUT, we laid a big fat stinky egg and aimed it right at the fans!! I'm really ticked off at our team today!! WE, the FANS, deserved better!! JMO!!!!

:clap: Well said!

Are these business men or Texans?
Are these NFL players or Texans?

Part of being a TEXAN is buying into our football culture. That means we hate the cowboys.

All of this nonchalance about how its just another game and no one cares just shows disrespect for our city and our fans. Youre supposed to represent Houstonians. Thats why your team name is Texans. Our money is paying your salary. Quit being an NFL player and start being a Texan.

Dutchrudder
09-27-2010, 10:47 AM
our secondary in pass defense sucks

we've got a jekyll/hyde pass rush

Schaub has been getting sacked way too often

Slaton is crap

other than that we're fine

we shore up those issues, we are SuperBowl bound

Problem is, it's going to take at least one more draft and free agency period to fix all of that. And that's only if we don't have any significant free agent losses.

bckey
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Problem is, it's going to take at least one more draft and free agency period to fix all of that. And that's only if we don't have any significant free agent losses.

The Texans are always one more draft and free agency away from fixing problems every year. This team should have drafted a safety to go with Pollard. The Texans have never given much attention to the safety position in the draft.

Thorn
09-27-2010, 11:01 AM

Well, that would suppose we even have a 2011 season. Last I heard, things are not going well between the players and owners.

ThaShark316
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
So wait...y'all think every team comes out fired up weekly?

#wheretheydoTHATat?

I ain't trying to excuse the poor play, because it was just that. But you guys need to be real. A 'C' game was coming. Looks to me that we saw a lot of C games from favorites today and they got beat for it. This is the NFL, not even the 2007 Patriots played A games weekly. These goose egg games happen from time to time. It's just up to the teams that are GOOD to minimize them or to fix them in-game. (09 Saints/Colts come to mind)

Get over it, move on. Game's over. They half-stepped, and if you look at their body language, they know they paid for the 'C' game effort.

GP
09-27-2010, 11:20 AM
This is one of your worst posts GP. I totally disagree with it. You are making excuses for their uninspired play. You can't go back to the end of last season and string last season's wins with this seasons. Two totally different animals. The Texans had a win streak of 2 this season and were lucky to come out of Washington with an overtime win. The redskins just lost to the rams this weekend for what it is worth. Schaub has had 2 bad games out of 3. Our defense has been terrible against the pass EVERY game so far this season. With the way Arian Foster has been playing it looks like the Texans wasted their 2nd round pick on Tate and instead could have picked up a decent safety.

Can the Texans win 10 games this season and make the playoffs? Yes but they could also lose and not make the playoffs. This team cannot afford to take games off. KC is looking like a lot tougher opponent than was expected. The Raiders can give the Texans trouble at their house. San Diego is getting better by the week and adjusting to playing without Jackson. The Titans and Colts are going to give us trouble. Baltimore and the Jets at their house in prime time. The Eagles and Mike Vick at their house. EVERY game is critical and the Texans need to play like balls out all the time.

The Redskins took us to the wood shed, almost won, and lost to the Rams.

I think Texans Problems are < Redskins Problems. Both teams, IMO, took a toll from that OT game they played against each other last week. Lots of energy, lots of emotion, up-and-down roller coaster, and then the big finish at the end.

I am OK with you thinking this was one of my worst posts. In the past, I would have been on here ranting and raving and asking for everyone's heads on a platter. I had a series of very heartbreaking events happen to me this weekend, possibly one of the worst 2 days in my whole life, and this loss did not anger me at all. Maybe that's where my lowkey tone is coming from. I don't know for sure.

I just think that teams around the league can look like champs for a few games, then all of a sudden they can have the bottom drop out and start stinking it up really bad. And some teams can sort of ebb in and out of the flow throughout the season, and somehow hit overdrive at the end in order to make a run at things.

I don't think we're in a really bad spot right now. I will wait until week 5 to get upset about this team. That's when Cushing is back. I have a feeling it's going to be a catalyst for the whole team.

Cjeremy635
09-27-2010, 11:22 AM
So wait...y'all think every team comes out fired up weekly?

#wheretheydoTHATat?

I ain't trying to excuse the poor play, because it was just that. But you guys need to be real. A 'C' game was coming. Looks to me that we saw a lot of C games from favorites today and they got beat for it. This is the NFL, not even the 2007 Patriots played A games weekly. These goose egg games happen from time to time. It's just up to the teams that are GOOD to minimize them or to fix them in-game. (09 Saints/Colts come to mind)

Get over it, move on. Game's over. They half-stepped, and if you look at their body language, they know they paid for the 'C' game effort.

What about all of the fans who paid to watch "A" game effort?

ThaShark316
09-27-2010, 11:31 AM

Good point. All i'm saying is as much as you'll see a dominant effort on the good side of things and an emotional comeback, you'll see that game that looks like "who did it, and why?"

Trust me, it sucks and it's inexcusable, but like I said, the players and the coaching staff have to minimize the poor efforts that might happen. Last week, it happen at the half (in-game), this week it didn't.

Offense couldn't get a rhythm, defense looked bad. They'll have their antennas up Sunday. Why? Week 3, L, 13-27.

ThaShark316
09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
The Colts had the same attitude vs the Texans that the Texans had coming into the game vs the Cowboys.

"don't mean much..."...came in, got ***** slapped. Guess what? They were pissed after it. You can say all that shit all you want, but if you get SMASHED, I bet you won't half step anymore.

If this team has grown up, we'll be 3-1.

thunderkyss
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I think nobody understands, to its fullest extent, what the loss of Brian Cushing means to this defense. If we limp into week 5 (when Cush returns) with a 3-1 record, having won three games without his presence, then I am fine with losing to the Cowboys. I'm fine if our guys were brainfarting. Get the brainfarting out of their system, so to speak.

But it was our offense that didn't show up. We got stops... we got three & outs... the offense put up 6 points.

They came out like duds after the half.. Cushing or no Cushing, there was no way we were going to win that game with our offense playing like that.

Texan_Bill
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Brad Sham ('Gurls announcer) was just on Tim Brando's show. He said he had interviewed Terence Newman after the game. From his interview with Newman, it appears that Newman realized that AJ's ankle was definitely affecting his play and ultimately he was used more as a decoy... Sham went on to say that the D. Brown & Cushing suspensions hurt the Texans A LOT!!!

Thorn
09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Exactly.

axman40
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Um, we sucked today! And that's all I have to say about that.
Thank you Forrest.
:texflag:

BigBull17
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
But it was our offense that didn't show up. We got stops... we got three & outs... the offense put up 6 points.

They came out like duds after the half.. Cushing or no Cushing, there was no way we were going to win that game with our offense playing like that.

I agree with that. The Texans got a turn over on downs. They got a 3 and out. The offense stuck its thumb up their ass. Plenty of blame, but the O was the worse facet of the game.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
The Colts had the same attitude vs the Texans that the Texans had coming into the game vs the Cowboys.

"don't mean much..."...came in, got ***** slapped. Guess what? They were pissed after it. You can say all that shit all you want, but if you get SMASHED, I bet you won't half step anymore.

These are my sentiments exactly. I just have a pretty good feeling that this team will come out against the Raiders and wreck shop. Arian Foster will have a big day, and AJ will play (even if he's only to keep Aso away from everyone else). The team goes 3-1 after Sunday, gets Cushing back in Week 5. I think the whole defense will be lifted once Cushing takes the field.

GP
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM

You pay to see a good game or a bad game. Your money is spent by the franchise, and by the players who receive it from the franchise, just as good when they win as it is when they lose. Money spends the same way every time. No matter the quality of the purchased product.

I think you're angry. No, I KNOW you're angry. We're all upset about this, and to different degrees.

But you thinking that your (or our) viewership is the motivating factor that makes a Texans player play hard...and win...is going to get you more furstrated over time. This I know very well.

gary
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
This team had a mental lapse and as long as it is not an every week thing they should be fine. If everyone thinks every team gives it their all for every game they do not. They know which games are must wins and win them. Just get into the playoffs is all I ask for after that you'd better not take any games off.

GuerillaBlack
09-27-2010, 04:12 PM
You know, I honestly think if our offense had shown up, the Texans would have won that game. The Cowboys were surprised that they were ahead of the Texans in the second half, and came out with a swagger that they did not have had in the first half. You could just see it in the way the Cowboys' played. Every positive play their players got up yelling and excited while the Texans' players just trotted along.

SheTexan
09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
This team had a mental lapse and as long as it is not an every week thing they should be fine. If everyone thinks every team gives it their all for every game they do not. They know which games are must wins and win them. Just get into the playoffs is all I ask for after that you'd better not take any games off.

Sorry Gary, but, I don't agree with ya on this. They NEVER know what the next game might bring, so, they should NEVER take any game off!! JMO! Sure, they know which games are must wins, BUT, they don't always win them! YOU know that! Remember the COLTS, TITANS, JAGS?

gary
09-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry Gary, but, I don't agree with ya on this. They NEVER know what the next game might bring, so, they should NEVER take any game off!! JMO! Sure, they know which games are must wins, BUT, they don't always win them! YOU know that! Remember the COLTS, TITANS, JAGS?
I want them to win every game and I am not happy with their play on Sunday but I am just not going to say the season is over. There are a lot more games to play one game should place a debbie downer on the whole. This game is in the past and the clock does not turn back even though I wish it did then again maybe not.

SheTexan
09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I know what you're saying my friend. We got a lotta football ahead of us, so let's just move on, and play every game as if it is the deciding game for a playoff berth. We all fight, argue, go through all the phases of grief, but come Sunday we'll be there supporting out team. Well, some of us will anyway!!

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 07:27 PM

I agree completely. Who knew that last years game 1 would have the implication it eventually did?

This year, we might need 11-5 to get to the play-offs. This might be the game that could have made that possible. Who knows?

Every game is the Super Bowl. That's the only way we'll get to the Super Bowl.

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 07:31 PM
...but I am just not going to say the season is over.

Who in the hell said the season was over? Damn Gary, keep up with the conversation.

...and play every game as if it is the deciding game for a playoff berth.

exFreak'nactly... they didn't look like they understood that Sunday. Forget why the fans wanted this win, what were the Texans playing for? The Cowboys played like their post-season chances relied on that game.

Texan_Bill
09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Who in the hell said the season was over? Damn Gary, keep up with the conversation.

Easy TK, easy!!

thunderkyss
09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Easy TK, easy!!

Wooosssaaa

woooosssaaa

Thanks bud.

Sorry gary.