PDA

View Full Version : Surprisingly...

Ryan
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
this loss hurt the least out of any loss we've had in the past several years. The reasoning behind it is beyond me, especially since i've already had to deal with several cowpie fans who came out of the closet to boast in the triumph of their first victory.

Most people thought we'd be 1-2 coming out of this stretch of games, but i don't think anyone reasonably thought we'd be 3-0. The Cowboys played a great game today and we just flat out didn't execute and made too many mistakes. Now we have a stretch of games that can easily put us at 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye, which puts us in a good position i believe.

On the negative side, we got completely dominated in the trenches, couldn't execute in the redzone to save our lives, Eric Winston was absolute garbage today, Eugene Wilson sucks, Kareem Jackson got dominated by a 1st round bust and is burnt toast at this point, and Mario really needs some help. Schaub was pretty tentative today with decent reasoning, but he didn't show any swagger at all.

Most of these things are correctable and i just hope our secondary issues are the cause are the causes of great offenses and not pure suckage.

TimeKiller
09-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Mario was looking at double teams all day and not one other DL showed any sort of pass rush, swagger, confidence, anything. Barwin, you are missed. Schobel, you are needed. Cushing/DBrown, you are selfish bastards.

Cjeremy635
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
this loss hurt the least out of any loss we've had in the past several years. The reasoning behind it is beyond me, especially since i've already had to deal with several cowpie fans who came out of the closet to boast in the triumph of their first victory.

Most people thought we'd be 1-2 coming out of this stretch of games, but i don't think anyone reasonably thought we'd be 3-0. The Cowboys played a great game today and we just flat out didn't execute and made too many mistakes. Now we have a stretch of games that can easily put us at 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye, which puts us in a good position i believe.

On the negative side, we got completely dominated in the trenches, couldn't execute in the redzone to save our lives, Eric Winston was absolute garbage today, Eugene Wilson sucks, Kareem Jackson got dominated by a 1st round bust and is burnt toast at this point, and Mario really needs some help. Schaub was pretty tentative today with decent reasoning, but he didn't show any swagger at all.
Most of these things are correctable and i just hope our secondary issues are the cause are the causes of great offenses and not pure suckage.

I can agree with the bolded part, but not that it hurt any less. I hate the Cowboys, but that wasn't why I wanted us to win. We needed to win this game to get us to where our goal is. A legit team that shows up to play in EVERY game. The entire team (except Foster) played like complete ****. I saw it in their eyes when the game was just starting. They looked uninspired from the get go. For what? This team can't afford to show up at a game, much less a home game (and I don't care against who), and have a sorry excuse for a performance. Yes, it's one loss, but it's the way we got dominated that I can't stomach.

So yeah, this loss hurts more than one where we would have showed up and lost a hard fought game. At least I could appreciate the fact that they fought their asses off to the end. I can't say that today. The garbage time stats don't count.

hradhak
09-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I can agree with the bolded part, but not that it hurt any less. I hate the Cowboys, but that wasn't why I wanted us to win. We needed to win this game to get us to where our goal is. A legit team that shows up to play in EVERY game. The entire team (except Foster) played like complete ****. I saw it in their eyes when the game was just starting. They looked uninspired from the get go. For what? This team can't afford to show up at a game, much less a home game (and I don't care against who), and have a sorry excuse for a performance. Yes, it's one loss, but it's the way we got dominated that I can't stomach.

So yeah, this loss hurts more than one where we would have showed up and lost a hard fought game. At least I could appreciate the fact that they fought their asses off to the end. I can't say that today. The garbage time stats don't count.

I can't agree with you more. I don't mind that we lose. But to not show up really bothers me.

False Start
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Of all the games to lose, it really sucked to lose to the Cowboys. The Texans were outplayed plain, and simple. I'm not as pissed as I thought I would be if we lost. I was for about 10 minutes, then I got over it, and went with the old **** happens theory.

The Texans came out flat, and the Cowboys came to play. Theres nothing to do about it now, except ***** and complain. I already got all of that out of my system after the game while talking to my Brother on the phone after the game. Now, its on to next week. It REALLY sucks, but hell what can you do?

ObsiWan
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
This time last year we were 1-2 coming off a loss to a team (Jacksonville) everyone thought we should beat. And, like last year, we're getting ready to play Oakland.
Here's to Deja Vu; i.e., we beat Oakland again.