PDA

View Full Version : A Little Experiment

Brisco_County
09-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Disclaimer: I am not posting this to brag about my fantasy football acumen, but rather to show you an interesting indicator of the potency of the Texans offense.

Backstory: My friend couldn't get his girlfriend into our fantasy league, so he did a P-whipped move and created an entirely new league just for her. "Aww, that's so sweet!" Gag.

Since I didn't take the league seriously, I drafted only Houston Texans, and named the team accordingly. The starters are: Schaub, Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Arian Foster, Steve Slaton, Owen Daniels, Jacoby Jones (WR/RB Flex), Neil Rackers, and the Texans defense.

What makes this interesting? Because this strategy of drafting from only one NFL team is exactly what one would do if he wants to lose many games and guarantee no playoff berth. But the opposite is happening here.

My team is 2-0, and I'm only 2 points shy of leading the league in total points with 204 (using standard Yahoo scoring, no bonuses).

Why does it work for Texans players? Because even if they're not scoring TD's, they're racking up loads of yards. A low scoring Texans game could still produce 500 actual yards, which produces between 70 to 100 fantasy points depending on how much are passing/receiving yards. The game against Washington gave me 1030 yards from all players (580 in real life).

This experiment is useful for comparing how the real life Texans offense compares to the production of the rest of the NFL's elite players. Another fantasy team could have Drew Brees, DeAngelo Williams, and Roddy White, but the Texans will still outproduce them.

The funny thing is that I'm confident this production will not only continue, but also get me into the playoffs.

TexansForTheW
09-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Disclaimer: I am not posting this to brag about my fantasy football acumen, but rather to show you an interesting indicator of the potency of the Texans offense.

Backstory: My friend couldn't get his girlfriend into our fantasy league, so he did a P-whipped move and created an entirely new league just for her. "Aww, that's so sweet!" Gag.

Since I didn't take the league seriously, I drafted only Houston Texans, and named the team accordingly. The starters are: Schaub, Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Arian Foster, Steve Slaton, Owen Daniels, Jacoby Jones (WR/RB Flex), Neil Rackers, and the Texans defense.

What makes this interesting? Because this strategy of drafting from only one NFL team is exactly what one would do if he wants to lose many games and guarantee no playoff berth. But the opposite is happening here.

My team is 2-0, and I'm only 2 points shy of leading the league in total points with 204 (using standard Yahoo scoring, no bonuses).

Why does it work for Texans players? Because even if they're not scoring TD's, they're racking up loads of yards. A low scoring Texans game could still produce 500 actual yards, which produces between 70 to 100 fantasy points depending on how much are passing/receiving yards. The game against Washington gave me 1030 yards from all players (580 in real life).

This experiment is useful for comparing how the real life Texans offense compares to the production of the rest of the NFL's elite players. Another fantasy team could have Drew Brees, DeAngelo Williams, and Roddy White, but the Texans will still outproduce them.

The funny thing is that I'm confident this production will not only continue, but also get me into the playoffs.

I had a friend do that last year and finish 6 and 10. Good luck.

Brisco_County
09-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I had a friend do that last year and finish 6 and 10. Good luck.

His RB production would've really sucked. Different story this year.

Ryan
09-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Well at least you know now you'll get at least one loss in week 7:turtle:

Pollardized
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Uh, how did you do this week??? lol

Brisco_County
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Uh, how did you do this week??? lol

Uhh... yeah.

brakos82
09-26-2010, 04:37 PM