PDA

View Full Version : Wow, you guys are actually good

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Congrats on the great start to the year. A good team can come back from a 17-point deficit. You have a legit quarterback that we (the Titans) wish we had and your running back is getting he job done.

Those first rounders on defense are hitting their stride.

Anyone but the Colts at the top of the division, please.

Good luck the rest of the year (except two games).

Love,

Titan "Tack" Fan

P.S. kick the Cowboys dumb a$$es

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Congrats on the great start to the year. A good team can come back from a 17-point deficit. You have a legit quarterback that we (the Titans) wish we had and your running back is getting he job done.

Love,

Titan "Tack" Fan

Tough loss with Pittsburgh, especially when it looked like in week one Young had might have turned the proverbial corner.

Does it look like Collins will get the nod this week?

Dutchrudder
09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Tough loss with Pittsburgh, especially when it looked like in week one Young had might have turned the proverbial corner.

Does it look like Collins will get the nod this week?

I think they would be better off just snapping the ball to CJ every time. Leave out the QB and put in another FB to help block.

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 05:07 PM
I think they would be better off just snapping the ball to CJ every time. Leave out the QB and put in another FB to help block.

lmao, can't spread rep.

houstonspartan
09-23-2010, 05:10 PM

Love,

Titan "Tack" Fan

Welcome. And thanks for the compliments.

I am stunned. I have never seen a Titan fan question their quarterback. I just assumed that VY walked on water and that the Texans would always regret not taking him after he wins 10 Super Bowl rings, based on the way Titans fans talk about their qb.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I really am surprised. I was talking to a co-worker earlier today about football, and he's somewhat of a Titans fan, and I said something like, "You guys need to shore up the qb situation a bit."

He looked at me straight in the eye and said: "What's wrong with Vince Young?"

He was honestly puzzed.
I walked away.

infantrycak
09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I am stunned. I have never seen a Titan fan question their quarterback.

Bulluck53 has been very honest about his assessment of VY's flaws over the last few years. Blazing Sparrow less so (not dishonest but less realistic) but still somewhat critical.

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome. And thanks for the compliments.

I am stunned. I have never seen a Titan fan question their quarterback. I just assumed that VY walked on water and that the Texans would always regret not taking him after he wins 10 Super Bowl rings, based on the way Titans fans talk about their qb.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I really am surprised. I was talking to a co-worker earlier today about football, and he's somewhat of a Titans fan, and I said something like, "You guys need to shore up the qb situation a bit."

He looked at me straight in the eye and said: "What's wrong with Vince Young?"

He was honestly puzzed.
I walked away.

Well of course he was/is...he's a titans fan ;)

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Just to preface: I have sat in the same seat for 12 years at the Titans' stadium - biggest fan you'll meet. I also jumped up and down and cheered when we drafted Vince Young.

That being said, before the game against Pittsburgh, I told everyone I knew that THAT game would DEFINE Vince Young. Against marginal defeneses, Vince shines - that's no surprise. The guy also has a knack for miraculous comebacks ... when his back is against the wall, he can be special.

But against good to great defenses he is awful. It does sadden me that this is the case. I want VY to be great every week. I want Vince to throw for over 250 yards/game ... but it's just not going to happen.

Can we win a Superbowl with Vince Young? Yes, we can. Our defense is highly improved and we have the best back in football. But for those of you who watched our uninspired offensive gameplan against the Steelers know that our coaches have got to continue to tailor the gameplan to VY's play style.

b0ng
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Matt Schaub on VY's performance on Sunday:

http://i.imgur.com/Uvxn7.png

Wolf
09-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Matt Schaub on VY's performance on Sunday:

http://i.imgur.com/Uvxn7.png

freaking hillarious

:spit:

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Thank god Matt Schaub is forced to wear a helmet.

houstonspartan
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Bulluck53 has been very honest about his assessment of VY's flaws over the last few years. Blazing Sparrow less so (not dishonest but less realistic) but still somewhat critical.

I guess what I'm saying is, whenver someone brings up VY, his fans react with a dismissive "All he does is win!"

That's what you hear, over and over again regarding VY: All he does is win, all he does is win.

b0ng
09-23-2010, 05:36 PM

http://imgur.com/CwnG2.png

REMEMBER ME EDDIE?? WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER!!!

reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM)

infantrycak
09-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I guess what I'm saying is, whenver someone brings up VY, his fans react with a dismissive "All he does is win!"

That's what you hear, over and over again regarding VY: All he does is win, all he does is win.

Sure and why not? - it is by far their best argument. But whenever I hear that one I ask what the Titans would have done with their league leading rushing attack and D's if they had Matt Schaub.

b0ng
09-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Sure and why not? - it is by far their best argument. But whenever I hear that one I ask what the Titans would have done with their league leading rushing attack and D's if they had Matt Schaub.

And then we hear the lamentations of their women and the men gnashing their teeth.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 09:12 PM

That's kinda funny... :heh:

Hookem Horns
09-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Fans in Tennessee are realists when it comes to VY. The worshippers are here. The worshippers hate Fisher for having the nerve to pull god and they hate the real Titans fans for booing their idol. On the UT boards there are a ton of "get him out of Tennessee" posts since Sunday, like it's Fisher's fault he sucked.

If I were a Titans fan in Tennessee I would really hate all the UT morons rooting for that team. Actually I hate all the UT morons rooting for that team.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Fans in Tennessee are realists when it comes to VY. The worshippers are here. The worshippers hate Fisher for having the nerve to pull god and they hate the real Titans fans for booing their idol. On the UT boards there are a ton of "get him out of Tennessee" posts since Sunday, like it's Fisher's fault he sucked.

If I were a Titans fan in Tennessee I would really hate all the UT morons rooting for that team. Actually I hate all the UT morons rooting for that team.

Kevin, your are the best TU alumnest, I know!!! you are the kinda folk that that I accept not unlike Earl. (Earl, was the baddest man, ever),.. BTW Kimberley and Keith are also very high up in my book of love for sips................

GuerillaBlack
09-24-2010, 01:15 AM

I did that in Madden once, and got over 800 yards rushing with Chris Johnson.

Norg
09-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Whatever the steelers D did 2 VY and CJ thats what we got to Copy to the T when we face the titans LOL

Dutchrudder
09-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Whatever the steelers D did 2 VY and CJ thats what we got to Copy to the T when we face the titans LOL

It's called "the Polamalu", but we don't have one of those. Maybe we can borrow him that week...

DBCooper
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
It's called "the Polamalu", but we don't have one of those. Maybe we can borrow him that week...

I'll take 2, and a James Harrison to go.

b0ng
09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I'll take 2, and a James Harrison to go.

And hold the rape.

brakos82
09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
We do have a Pollardizer. :thinking:

THE NFL
09-24-2010, 06:43 PM
The problem with Pollard is he doesnt stop anyone from catching the ball. He knocks the crap out of them after they catch it, but he isnt a good cover guy.

I wonder why they dont blitz Pollard more?

Dutchrudder
09-24-2010, 07:16 PM
The problem with Pollard is he doesnt stop anyone from catching the ball. He knocks the crap out of them after they catch it, but he isnt a good cover guy.

We are just saving him up for Tom Brady in the playoffs. Heads will roll, teeth will gnash and knees will crack!!!

b0ng
09-25-2010, 12:59 AM

Pollard forced the fumble on Austin Collie in the Colts game this year. He has also grabbed 4 interceptions while playing for the Texans (Last year). While yes, he has his problems in coverage, he does make plays. Besides, the Texans coverage weakness in the safe corps is Eugene Wilson. Not only does he not stop the completion, he also does not create a lot of turnovers. You can tell that Wilson is much more of a liability as a whole out of our two starting safeties.

TheRealJoker
09-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Once Cushing gets back our pass defense will improve.