PDA

View Full Version : Cowlishaw: Cowboys-Texans matchup means much more to Dallas this time

axman40
09-23-2010, 01:32 PM
On whether this is a bigger game for the Cowboys or the Texans:
Much, much bigger for the Cowboys. For the Texans, itís more an emotional thing for their fans who hate Dallas. Thatís big, I understand, but a loss would leave Houston at 2-1. They would go on and compete with Indy for the division or for a wild-card spot. A loss to 0-3 for the Cowboys ends their season before the bye week gets here. Devastating and humiliating.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/092310dnspocowlishawchat3.11c1b0384.html
:fans:

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 01:36 PM
On whether this is a bigger game for the Cowboys or the Texans:
Much, much bigger for the Cowboys. For the Texans, itís more an emotional thing for their fans who hate Dallas. Thatís big, I understand, but a loss would leave Houston at 2-1. They would go on and compete with Indy for the division or for a wild-card spot. A loss to 0-3 for the Cowboys ends their season before the bye week gets here. Devastating and humiliating.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/092310dnspocowlishawchat3.11c1b0384.html
:fans:

I'm all for it!!!

Not only that, but it would leave the Texans at 3-0 heading into Oakland, the week before Cush returns..... I like it!!

Thorn
09-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm all for it!!!

Not only that, but it would leave the Texans at 3-0 heading into Oakland, the week before Cush returns..... I like it!!

I really REALLY would like to see that. Being 4-0 when the Cush returns would be just perfect.

Ole Miss Texan
09-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Can't argue with that. The Cowboys have an approximate 65% likelihood of missing the playoffs. If they go 0-3, I believe it jumps to above 80%. Any team that loses their first 3 games is pretty much a death sentence.

I think one thing working in the Texans favor (besides Reliant Stadium being louder than it's ever been before) is the way we won each of our games. The first one being a really good game with proper execution and pretty much dominating it. There were definitely some hiccups and Indy's missed catches so it wasn't enough to have our players thinking they're too hot stuff. The second game against Washington proved to the team themselves that they should never quit. That they have what it takes to come back and win a hard fought game. Play 60 is our motto, they proved to themselves that they are a really good team. They won two completely different ways an I think that will only help going into this weekend.

TheCD
09-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I understand that being 0-3 puts you at a real disadvantage and gives you little hope for the playoffs, but with the NFC East looking wishy-washy this year, I think it would be possible for the Cowboys to lose and still be in the NFC East race if they could hand it to their division.

Ole Miss Texan
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I really REALLY would like to see that. Being 4-0 when the Cush returns would be just perfect.

I think our team really has matured to the point that all they're focused on is Dallas. That anything can happen in any game. They're concentrating making themselves better and improving and not too worried about the other team... especially anyone past Dallas.

But you know what? We're fans... so we can do whatever we want!! Dallas then Oakland? Possibly 4-0. Cushing returns and we have the Giants and Chiefs both at home. As fans we have the privelage to look at this and think that we have a legitimate shot of being 6-0 going into our Bye week!!! Come out after that and we're at Indy on MNF. Daaang!

Ole Miss Texan
09-23-2010, 01:52 PM
I understand that being 0-3 puts you at a real disadvantage and gives you little hope for the playoffs, but with the NFC East looking wishy-washy this year, I think it would be possible for the Cowboys to lose and still be in the NFC East race if they could hand it to their division.

That's not a bad point. Their out of conference schedule is pretty tough though. Besides playing AT Houston, they play AT Minnesota, AT Green Bay and AT Indianapolis. In addition to playing Host for New Orleans.

The Pencil Neck
09-23-2010, 01:56 PM

It's a possibility.

Before the preseason, I had expected the Cowboys to go deep into the playoffs but after seeing how lazy and poorly coached they looked, I bailed on the Cowboys.

0-3 isn't going to totally kill the Cowboys. They've got enough talent to bounce back from that. I just don't know if they have the intestinal fortitude to do it. They haven't shown any signs of it so far.

HTown2ATX
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
What I hope is about to happen to the South Oklahoma Cowboys is illegal in 49 states.

Jeff S.
09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
They won two completely different ways an I think that will only help going into this weekend.

Exactly right. And the sequence was important, too--better that they were a little ragged in their last game. Like someone else said, it'll be a good thing if Kubiak beats them over the head with that tape all week.

TheCD
09-23-2010, 02:16 PM
What I hope is about to happen to the South Oklahoma Cowboys is illegal in 49 states.

This is completely random, but I live in Wichita Falls (official secondary market of the Cowboys and former training camp site) and I hate Oklahoma so much it pains me that I'm 15 minutes away. This always reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill where Hank tries to get the Cowboys to go to Arlen instead of here.

Thanks for reminding me I'm so close to Oklahoma though, I appreciate it. :bag:

HTown2ATX
09-23-2010, 04:26 PM
This is completely random, but I live in Wichita Falls (official secondary market of the Cowboys and former training camp site) and I hate Oklahoma so much it pains me that I'm 15 minutes away. This always reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill where Hank tries to get the Cowboys to go to Arlen instead of here.

Thanks for reminding me I'm so close to Oklahoma though, I appreciate it. :bag:

:spit:

Sorry man....

VTexan
09-23-2010, 04:33 PM
This is why I'd feel much better coming into the game if the Cowboys were 1-1.

drs23
09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
This is why I'd feel much better coming into the game if the Cowboys were 1-1.

I'm sorry but I don't follow? What's the reason?

Section516
09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry but I don't follow? What's the reason?

They HAVE to win. 0-3 is pretty much a season right off. Its why you never really want to back an army into a corner where they can't retreat..They will fight till the end

:wadepalm:

drs23
09-23-2010, 04:49 PM
They HAVE to win. 0-3 is pretty much a season right off. Its why you never really want to back an army into a corner where they can't retreat..They will fight till the end

:wadepalm:

Thank you. I have a bad case of the CRUD and am not my usual super superior sharp self :D

The Pencil Neck
09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you. I have a bad case of the CRUD and am not my usual super superior sharp self :D

Oh... that explains a lot...

:kitten:

Goldensilence
09-23-2010, 05:06 PM
That's not a bad point. Their out of conference schedule is pretty tough though. Besides playing AT Houston, they play AT Minnesota, AT Green Bay and AT Indianapolis. In addition to playing Host for New Orleans.

Damn that's a brutal out of conference schedule.

Though Minnesota is struggling in a big way.

drs23
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh... that explains a lot...

:kitten:

:D :lol:

Rey
09-23-2010, 06:01 PM
AFC edition of Playbook is on NFL network now...