PDA

View Full Version : Game-day Fan Policy: Etiquette?

Blake
09-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I had a question that I figured could be answered here. What does everyone think about people standing during the game?

How much standing is too much for the people behind you?

:fans:

bignasty
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Well they should all stand the Entire Game - if you want to sit - watch it from your couch at HOME.

Sitting should only be during timeouts or halftime

HTown2ATX
09-23-2010, 11:01 AM
They're at an NFL game not a Lakers game. If they are on the lower levels they need to realize they are where people will get rowdy.

For the posh sit down and talk experience they need to be in the upper levels or the box suites.

Just saying in general you don't want to be obnoxious and just stand the whole game, but there won't be all that much sitting either.

:fans::wild:

Kimmy
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
The people that sit behind me asked for me to sit down once. I told her, better move your seats, 'cause I stand!

I said it nicely, and she never said anything again.

I am all for standing, yelling and cheering!

Blake
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I am talking about the 500 level. people normally sit until there is a big play.

But during the Colts game my sister was told to sit down by some grumpy ass old man. So they got into a argument and I was kinda pissed to hear about it the next day.

eriadoc
09-23-2010, 11:10 AM
If I were ever asked to sit during the game, I'd reply (as politely as possible), "No, and if you need further confirmation, we can call an usher."

gwallaia
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm in the 500 section where people sit. We stand and jump when the time is right.

buddyboy
09-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I am talking about the 500 level. people normally sit until there is a big play.

But during the Colts game my sister was told to sit down by some grumpy ass old man. So they got into a argument and I was kinda pissed to hear about it the next day.

I can see it kind of both ways. I think you should be able to do whatever you want, but at the same time, I don't think you should limit other people's enjoyment of the game. Who wrote a book on "how to be a good fan"? No one. If someone wants to cheer for the Texans sitting down, then by all means, I don't see why that should be looked down upon.

In this particular case, maybe the old guy doesn't want to stand all game. Perfectly reasonable. If someone was blocking my view, I'd politely ask them if they could sit. If they disagreed, then I might try to find some other solution. Obviously some sort of balancing act, but for fans to say that standing is for true fans, I'm not so sure. As long as you're cheering for the Texans, I have no problem with how you do it I suppose.

Vinnie
09-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm in the 500 section where people sit. We stand and jump when the time is right.

Me too, and this has been my experience. I'm on the back row though so there isn't anyone to yell at me if I were to stand the entire game. Neener neener neener. :fans:

Khari
09-23-2010, 11:18 AM
standing the whole game is irritating...hurts my back to stand that long anyways so i hope i'm sitting behind people who don't stand

nero THE zero
09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
If I were ever asked to sit during the game, I'd reply (as politely as possible), "No, and if you need further confirmation, we can call an usher."

That did happen to me once. Guy told me to sit down (re: told), I told him no. Words were exchanged and he threatened to get an usher. I told him that was fine by me and we could discuss it with an usher. He left for a while, and returned to his seat. I stood for the rest of the game.

Also, note, prior to our confrontation, I was only standing on big plays like 3rd downs on defense, to celebrate scores, etc.

Ole Miss Texan
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I only stand during big plays. But then again I think I'm more of one of the boring fans, I'm more cerebral and like to watch the play unfold. I.e. - I try and find the hole in the defense and where the WR is going to be vs. where he is now. I also like to watch the Lines to see who's doing their job and who's a weakness. For that it's better to be AT the game, and not watch it on TV. I like sitting, being comfortable and watching the game live... experiencing the atmosphere.

For those crucial 3rd Down and 4th Downs that we need a stop, I'll stand and yell. For me, it's usually what the section is doing. Kind of like driving on the highway. If other people are standing, I will stand so I can see. It doesn't bother me unless there are only two people standing 1-5 rows in front of me... then they just stick out and it's annoying as hell. I'm a pretty easy going guy and like being curteous... there's some older people that sit behind us in our section and it's not fair to make them stand a lot.

stevn8r
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I Chose to move from section 104 to the bullpen due to people complaining to me about standing and making too much noise!:wild:
I finally made a deal with them, I wouldn't whistle if they would stand and cheer when defense was on the field!:fans:
It worked out OK.
But now....STAND ALL GAME! WHISTLE MY ARSE OFF AND TAUNT OPPOSING TEAM FANS! AAHHH, I love this game! I love the Bullpen!

NitroGSXR
09-23-2010, 11:37 AM
This is a potential issue for us. We sit in the 2nd row up high. Be warned.. any pleas for us to sit down WILL fall on Deaf ears.

disaacks3
09-23-2010, 11:42 AM
As I'm in the Bullpen, I simply show them the document on the Texans website ... http://www.houstontexans.com/fan-zone/bull-pen.html

fans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner, and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.

You'd rather sit? Why not watch from your house or a sports bar?

HardKnockTexan
09-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Last year a guy told this girl that was in front of me to sit down. She looked back and started to sit. I looked at that guy like he lost his mind and told the girl to stand and yell as much as she wants. "Excuse me... could you please not cheer and get so excited..." Nope.. that just isn't gonna work at a Texans game. Stand up and get loud!!

stevn8r
09-23-2010, 12:01 PM
This is a potential issue for us. We sit in the 2nd row up high. Be warned.. any pleas for us to sit down WILL fall on Deaf ears.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Thorn
09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I stand up in my apartment a lot, and I don't care what the couch or the coffee pot think about it.

Yankee_In_TX
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
You'd rather sit? Why not watch from your house or a sports bar?

To be fair, some people for various reasons cannot stand for a whole game....

As far as Etiquette I think you have to go with stadium rules, and outside of the Bullpen I'm not sure what Reliant's official policy is?

Malloy
09-23-2010, 01:08 PM

I would ask Thorn for an apology :)

gtexan02
09-23-2010, 01:08 PM
I dont think there is a very clear answer to this question. Its a question at all sporting events and many concerts as well.

Im of the mindset that if you want to stand, stand. If you want to sit, sit. Just be aware of people around you. Common courtesy is part of what separates Texans from say, NJers.

Its possible to maximally enjoy a game without needing to make a statement. We're all fans of the same team, afterall.

For example, if you know you want to stand the whole game, try and find an area of the stadium where that is encouraged. I believe the Bull Pen and various lower level/end zone seating areas are all very pro standing.

There are other areas where fans mostly sit during the lulls in a game. With TV timeouts and the pace of the game where it is, I find standing the entire time makes me feel very awkward. Theres nothing going on for a good bit of the time Im there. Therefore I stand during kickoffs, throughout the entire 2 minute warning, 3rd down conversion attempts by both teams, the 4th quarter, etc. But I sit during the remainder.

If someone asked me to sit, I'd have to make a judgement call. If it was during a crucial/exciting part of the game, I'd politley decline. If it was during a lull or they had a reason they couldn't stand (very young children, elderly, disabled, etc) then I'd probably sit

Texanmike02
09-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I stand more than most I'm sure. If someone asks me to sit I tell them to stand. If they are old or there is an obvious reason they want to sit I will offer to switch seats, but I'm NOT sitting. I paid my money to go to a football game and yelling and cheering and standing are part of the fun. If you want a sit down experience stay home or buy tickets to the opera. I try to be polite about it but I did pay money to go too.

If I were at say a move, or an opera and someone behind me told me to stand up and cheer, I would consider it out of place too and would not comply.

Mike

Thorn
09-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I would ask Thorn for an apology :)

:lol:

Malloy
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Until a couple of years back, I spend most sundays curled up in the bed beating the pillows.

Thank god we have a proper team now. The pillows agree! :)

Kaiser Toro
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
I stand on all third and fourth down situations. Sometimes on kick-offs.

Malloy
09-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Sorry, could'nt help myself, it was sooo easy ;)

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I had a question that I figured could be answered here. What does everyone think about people standing during the game?

How much standing is too much for the people behind you?

Don't care!!! I wish Reliant Stadium as a whole was the Bull Pen!!!

silvrhand
09-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Rep for being awesome, this is a good alternative for many people.

If they are old or there is an obvious reason they want to sit I will offer to switch seats, but I'm NOT sitting.

Mike

disaacks3
09-23-2010, 01:31 PM
To be fair, some people for various reasons cannot stand for a whole game....

As far as Etiquette I think you have to go with stadium rules, and outside of the Bullpen I'm not sure what Reliant's official policy is? I have no issue with those who "need" to sit, but by the same token, I get upset when they complain about those who stand.

The "official" policy, directly from my "Green Shirt" co-worker ... "You are always permitted to stand", if they complain to an usher, the usher should direct them to a supervisor who can offer to relocate them.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Meh! You wanna sit and watch the game? Sit on your couch and give your ticket to someone who wants to stand, be loud and raucous!!

Okay, okay... I'm not that callous...

drs23
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Meh! You wanna sit and watch the game? Sit on your couch and give your ticket to someone who wants to stand, be loud and raucous!!

Okay, okay... I'm not that callous...

NO! I'm going to stand by my recliner because I don't have tickets 'cause JB didn't get "double dipped" like he did for the Indy game! :mad:

JB
09-23-2010, 01:52 PM
NO! I'm going to stand by my recliner because I don't have tickets 'cause JB didn't get "double dipped" like he did for the Indy game! :mad:

Why the hell you bringing me into this? Just 'cause I'm stupid occasionally does not mean I'm stupid everyday!

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Why the hell you bringing me into this? Just 'cause I'm stupid occasionally does not mean I'm stupid everyday!

Occasionally???? :lol:

JB
09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Occasionally???? :lol:

:foottap:

Yankee_In_TX
09-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I have no issue with those who "need" to sit, but by the same token, I get upset when they complain about those who stand.

The "official" policy, directly from my "Green Shirt" co-worker ... "You are always permitted to stand", if they complain to an usher, the usher should direct them to a supervisor who can offer to relocate them.

Were you in the Bullpen? That's Bullpen policy, not necessarily stadium policy (like I aid, I have no idea what the 'official' stadium policy is).

The Bullpen security staff have been secifically advised that folks are allowed to stand in the Bullpen. That's part of the reason we have the same security people each week.

mokalus
09-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I stand up in my apartment a lot, and I don't care what the couch or the coffee pot think about it.

Preach on, brother. I love my front-row couch seats.

drs23
09-23-2010, 03:04 PM

Duckin'-n-hiden':hides:

Texecutioner
09-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I hate fans that whine about other fans standing in front of them. It's very lame and if you can't handle standing then stay at home and watch it from the State.

We've had a lot of problems with this in the past at games, and one time this woman and her little girl even went as far as to put gum in our seats when we left to go get a beer. It worked to, because at the end of the game we both noticed that we had gum on our Texans jerseys. Luckily for that immature woman and her daughter, they were gone by then and never returned, because it wouldn't have been pretty. We saw all of the evidence of the gum wrappers under their seats.

I still have the gum stains on my jersey until this day and I sort of look at it as a badge of honor and a game day scar and I don't want it to ever go away now. Lol!

Either stand or stay home is my philosophy. If you want to sit then by the best seats in the house in the front row so you don't have to worry about that. It's that simple.

JB
09-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Ya know, it really doen't bother me what other fans want to do. I want to stand, I'll styand. If I get tired and want to sit, I'll sit. If the people in fronmt of me are standing while I'm sitting, I can watch the screen. If I am standing, and the people behind me want to sit, then they can deal with it.

infantrycak
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
The seats behind us are corporate and have new people every week so I don't care what they think.

mattieuk
09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Ya know, it really doen't bother me what other fans want to do. I want to stand, I'll styand. If I get tired and want to sit, I'll sit. If the people in fronmt of me are standing while I'm sitting, I can watch the screen. If I am standing, and the people behind me want to sit, then they can deal with it.

That it. There shouldn't be a 'everyone should stand' or 'everyone should sit' policy, but what there should be is 'your right to stand supercedes that of someone who wants to sit'.

If you've got a kid who can't see, stick them on your shoulders, give em a sign, and get on TV in the process.

Libraries are for sitting. Football is for standing, yelling and going crazy IMO.

The Pencil Neck
09-23-2010, 07:21 PM
We pretty much stand the whole game although we will sit down from time to time when the people in front of us sit down. We're usually in the 4th row of 125 or 126.

We stand a lot more when the defense is on the field and try to sit down and keep quiet when the offense is at work... although all bets are off as soon as the ball is snapped.

Joe Texan
09-23-2010, 08:00 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man Nitro you are a funny guy

Joe Texan
09-23-2010, 08:01 PM
You need to get Bull Pen Tickets then there is no sitting in the bull pen

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 08:11 PM
You need to get Bull Pen Tickets then there is no sitting in the bull pen

I almost wish they would take the seats out altogether!!

JB
09-23-2010, 08:14 PM

Less to trip over...

NitroGSXR
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
i almost wish they would take the seats out altogether!!

one for all and all for one! Mosh pit!!

Hardcore Texan
09-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I stand A LOT. Not the whole game, timeouts, between quarters, lulls in the game etc. Anything crucial for sure, pretty much most of the game, and I usually get VERY pumped up and get loud (which is kind of funny cause I am pretty laid back person albeit passionate, but it's like a switched has been flipped). I have never been asked to sit down. And if people in front of me or standing and I want to see, I stand. It's kind of like a concert. But as others mentioned the LL EZ is pretty stand friendly.

That roller coaster game against the tits a few years back when we almost won and bironas hit all those FG's, I was suprised I didn't get some talking too by an usher because I was really giving it to the refs and embarrased my wife (but she's embarrases a little easy in those situations). I was wound up! But the stadium was pretty empty at that point, which would have made it easier to locate me.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 08:37 PM
In all honesty. I sit down during a commercial timeout when a) my lower back is barking or b) my stomach is giving me fits. That's rarely, though.

There was a game last season that my back hurt so bad, tiny little Dr2bKay had to literally help me back out to Blue Crew after the game. There was another time when TedC's and Kathryn's daughter wanted me to meet Jamie Sharper and she literally had to help me up the ramps...

:gun:

JB
09-23-2010, 08:40 PM
In all honesty. I sit down during a commercial timeout when a) my lower back is barking or b) my stomach is giving me fits. That's rarely, though.

After the Indy game, my legs were sore as hell and my thighs bruised all over. The wife told me it was because I stood up the whole time... and fell over the aisle rails a few times....

centexfan
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM

Hell yeah that's funny, nitro!

What do you say to me at your place Sunday--bringing two kids, a woman, and what-ten pounds of meat? :)

TheMatrix31
09-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Never been to a Texans game in person but I'd be standing at appropriate times and yelling almost all the time. I'm a fan, it's what I do. Of course, it doesn't make sense to stand on a 2nd and 13 in the first quarter, so I would use discretion.

I was at a Suns playoff game this year (drove all the way out to Phoenix from LA for it) and these losers behind me told me to sit down. Excuse me? It's the freakin' playoffs!

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 09:08 PM
After the Indy game, my legs were sore as hell and my thighs bruised all over. The wife told me it was because I stood up the whole time... and fell over the aisle rails a few times....

:wadepalm:

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Never been to a Texans game in person but I'd be standing at appropriate times and yelling almost all the time. I'm a fan, it's what I do. Of course, it doesn't make sense to stand on a 2nd and 13 in the first quarter, so I would use discretion.

I was at a Suns playoff game this year (drove all the way out to Phoenix from LA for it) and these losers behind me told me to sit down. Excuse me? It's the freakin' playoffs!

Some folks around here wouldn't consider you a real fan.. :gun:

b0ng
09-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I stand until the beer makes me sit.

JB
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM

Like you never? The damn fools sitting in the middle of the row were getting up to leave every 5 mins. I was on the aisle, and it got a bit slippery...

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Like you never?

I once fell on my ass while stomping on the floor.... Once!

Andrew and Amy had the best seats to witness that!! :gun:

JB
09-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I once fell on my ass while stomping on the floor.... Once!

Andrew and Amy had the best seats to witness that!! :gun:

I didn't fall on my ass... thanks for them damn bars and a friendly shoulder or two.

pbat488
09-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I yell and I stand and I support my team.

I'm an aggie.

BTHO Cowbitches.

mattieuk
09-23-2010, 09:37 PM

Haha, anyone who made the effort to watch a team led (well, not led, hindered) by HWWNBN is a bigger fan than someone who turns up to 'a couple' of Colts games a year to gloat to coworkers how they saw Manning play.

Actually, it borders on self-harm, rather than being a fan...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/wembleyMEN_468x468.jpg

If they screw up against the Cowgirls, perhaps the Bull Pen members can take their frustration out in a productive way?

TheMatrix31
09-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Yeah, it sucks man. Living in California, it's tough to make it out to Houston, especially when I'm just a (now-graduated) college kid.

Been along for the entire ride, so I'm sure one day I'll be able to make it to Reliant.

mattieuk
09-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah, it sucks man. Living in California, it's tough to make it out to Houston, especially when I'm just a (now-graduated) college kid.

Been along for the entire ride, so I'm sure one day I'll be able to make it to Reliant.

At least you're in the same country!

I'm just stoked that the Cowgirls game is on TV live this weekend. Two Texans weekends in a row. Mind success tastes GREAT!

Speedy
09-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't stand the whole game, but I do my fair share. And when I'm standing I try to get everyone else up. Now, I'm on the 1st row in the 500's so when I'm not standing I'm leaning on the rail the whole game, but I'm on my feet quite a bit.

It does help though that most of the people around me are regulars. We know each other and what to expect. We know we're at a football game and we know we're going to be loud.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Hey Bro, when you can make it.... Come visit Blue Crew!! We'll feed you and you will have an awesome time!

stingray
09-24-2010, 12:07 AM
I have never understood the whole standing for most of the game thing. You can yell just as loud sitting down.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 12:10 AM

And God bless you!! Represent (whether NoCal or SoCal, whatever) the Texans!!!

*EDIT*

PS, if you were to make it to a game, I highly suggest that you come visit us at Blue Crew!!!!

The Pencil Neck
09-24-2010, 12:40 AM
I have never understood the whole standing for most of the game thing. You can yell just as loud sitting down.

Yes. But you can't jump up and down as easy. :fans:

TheMatrix31
09-24-2010, 05:24 AM
And God bless you!! Represent (whether NoCal or SoCal, whatever) the Texans!!!

*EDIT*

PS, if you were to make it to a game, I highly suggest that you come visit us at Blue Crew!!!!

Will do, man!

SheTexan
09-24-2010, 07:45 AM
As a longtime Bullpen member I know the rules about standing in the Bullpen, and I totally agree. BUT, the older I get the harder it is to stand the entire game. That's one reason why I rarely use my seats on row C, cause I occassionally HAVE to sit down, results of an old "nurses" back and crappy knees. When my back hurts so much I have to sit down, I watch the jumbo thron. I would NEVER ask anyone to sit down at a football game!!! To me, those who SIT have the problem, not those who stand! One thing for sure! No matter if I sit or stand, my big mouth is working overtime, and I make NOISE, at all the appropriate times!!

A lot of fans will say you should respect the rights of those who SIT. Well, I respect the rights of those who STAND!! It's a football game, not a movie!!

Maddict5
09-24-2010, 08:14 AM
At least you're in the same country!

I'm just stoked that the Cowgirls game is on TV live this weekend. Two Texans weekends in a row. Mind success tastes GREAT!

??? talking bout free gamepass? its not on sky

hradhak
09-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I had Colts fans behind me, who asked me to sit down. That didn't happen :evil:
I'm in the 353 section, and we've had one guy jump up on just about every play, and he's my hero :doot:

My section also seeems to house a ridiculous number of opposing teams fans. Especially this week, I imagine it is going to be filled with Cowgirl fans. The worst of it is, most of them come in and wear Texans gear the rest of the year. Anyway, I'm going to stand for every play that I deem necessary, I think I've earned it after supporting this team through all the bad stuff

TimeKiller
09-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I sit on the first row (of the top bowl) so I feel the pressure to not be that guy....so I sit during offense. On the edge of my seat hahaha....

I actually had a dude spill his beer all over me (at the Texans/Broncos thursday night game) and my seat one time. So being that I was cold, I decided to get up and get my blood flowing. About 2 plays after I stood up "Hey man could you sit down?" was met with "Hey man, could you apologize for spilling your ****ing beer all over me?" "Oh uh, sorry." Then I turned back around and stood the rest of the game.

BigBull17
09-24-2010, 09:46 AM

I hate old people at games. One guy told me to quit yelling...Yeah. It was club, but still. If you don't want rowdy people around you, don't go to the games.

HardKnockTexan
09-24-2010, 10:00 AM
I hate old people at games. One guy told me to quit yelling...Yeah. It was club, but still. If you don't want rowdy people around you, don't go to the games.

next time I sit in the club level (hopefully I don't have to again) I'm wearing a Texans tux, top hat and monocle. That place is way too classed up for my football lovin self.

BigBull17
09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
next time I sit in the club level (hopefully I don't have to again) I'm wearing a Texans tux, top hat and monocle. That place is way too classed up for my football lovin self.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it. My GF likes it, but she isn't like me. She loves the Texans but is way more shy than me.

SheTexan
09-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I hate old people at games.

That statement is SO lame I don't know what to say, BUT, I'll give it a shot!!

The BIGGEST problem I have had with fans that want me to SIT, are the youngsters who think game time is the time to SIT and eat their over priced nachos, burgers, etc. The one's who take my time passing their money to the beer guy so they can get sloshed. I've had to watch my actions to keep from bumping some chick who decided she wanted to breast feed and thinks everyone around her should RESPECT her rights! I'll NEVER forget that one!! Let me see! How bout the young guys who get so smashed BEFORE the game they end up puking their guts out DURING the game, all over us OLD FOLKS who want nothing more than to WATCH THE FRIGGIN GAME!!! OR the younger generation who insist on bringing kids that are allowed to tromp all over peoples feet, make 50+ trips in and out of the row, spill ice cream, snow cones, coke, etc all over everyone around them, ALL WHILE DADDY is watching the game rather than the kid!! Shall I go on??? You wanna blast old folks at a football game? Bring it on!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 11:21 AM

:mcnugget:

Joe Texan
09-24-2010, 11:24 AM

You can also sit down to pee Man Up Dude

NitroGSXR
09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
:spit:

Burn.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 11:30 AM

That was beautiful!!!

GlassHalfFull
09-24-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm in the 353 section, and we've had one guy jump up on just about every play, and he's my hero :doot:

My section also seeems to house a ridiculous number of opposing teams fans. Especially this week, I imagine it is going to be filled with Cowgirl fans. The worst of it is, most of them come in and wear Texans gear the rest of the year. Anyway, I'm going to stand for every play that I deem necessary, I think I've earned it after supporting this team through all the bad stuff

what row are you in? We are in row J (I think)

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 11:35 AM

Make the world a better place. Punch Cowgurl fan in the face!!!

*PC Disclaimer*
I do not advocate violence towards visiting teams fans.

BigBull17
09-24-2010, 11:40 AM
That statement is SO lame I don't know what to say, BUT, I'll give it a shot!!

The BIGGEST problem I have had with fans that want me to SIT, are the youngsters who think game time is the time to SIT and eat their over priced nachos, burgers, etc. The one's who take my time passing their money to the beer guy so they can get sloshed. I've had to watch my actions to keep from bumping some chick who decided she wanted to breast feed and thinks everyone around her should RESPECT her rights! I'll NEVER forget that one!! Let me see! How bout the young guys who get so smashed BEFORE the game they end up puking their guts out DURING the game, all over us OLD FOLKS who want nothing more than to WATCH THE FRIGGIN GAME!!! OR the younger generation who insist on bringing kids that are allowed to tromp all over peoples feet, make 50+ trips in and out of the row, spill ice cream, snow cones, coke, etc all over everyone around them, ALL WHILE DADDY is watching the game rather than the kid!! Shall I go on??? You wanna blast old folks at a football game? Bring it on!

But you don't act like an old person at games. Im talkin bout the 70-80 year old fogies who yell at me for being hyper. No offense was met toward you or any other fan of an increased age who acts like a fan.

disaacks3
09-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Were you in the Bullpen? That's Bullpen policy, not necessarily stadium policy (like I aid, I have no idea what the 'official' stadium policy is).

The Bullpen security staff have been secifically advised that folks are allowed to stand in the Bullpen. That's part of the reason we have the same security people each week.

It's STADIUM policy. She usually works the lower level sections behing the Texans bench. She and I have had several discussions over the years about this (she's worked EVERY home game)..she gets 1-2 a week who want to get the person in fron to sit down. When they whine, she offers to relocate them, if they don't want to relocate, she tells them they're SOL. We have a "right to stand in front of our ticketed seat....period.

Yes, I'm aware of silly a** past incidents that makes this appear NOT to be the policy, but she assures me that it is.

jjjezebel
09-24-2010, 11:46 AM

I disagree. As I learned in choir, when you sit, your lungs and diaphragm are slightly compressed. But when you stand, you can bring more air into your lungs, and use your diaphragm much more effectively to make your voice louder, and yell longer.

Plus, using your diaphagm to yell helps keep your throat from getting fried. Which is how I can scream for the whole game, yet still have a voice the next day. :doot:

NitroGSXR
09-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Hell yeah that's funny, nitro!

What do you say to me at your place Sunday--bringing two kids, a woman, and what-ten pounds of meat? :)
Hellz yeah!! Show me the meat!!

Erp... That didn't come out right... HOBIE!!

You guys are welcome anytime!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I disagree. As I learned in choir, when you sit, your lungs and diaphragm are slightly compressed. But when you stand, you can bring more air into your lungs, and use your diaphragm much more effectively to make your voice louder, and yell longer.

Plus, using your diaphagm to yell helps keep your throat from getting fried. Which is how I can scream for the whole game, yet still have a voice the next day. :doot:

While that sounds great in theory, how come I never have a voice the next day? :thinking:

Section516
09-24-2010, 12:08 PM

Yes indeed. You learn that in the Army. You project from the diaphragm.

HardKnockTexan
09-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I honestly can't believe that one on the most popular threads on both Texans MB's is about not liking people standing up at games. Makes me sad...

Double Barrel
09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
It was ebb and flow for us up in Gridiron. Stand during defensive plays and celebrations for big plays on offense, sometimes during an entire drive if it was crucial. But, it was a section thing, so it was never a big deal if we were standing simply because everyone else was, too. Plus, three big dudes with Texans hardhats and jerseys are probably a little intimidating to ask to sit down and golf clap at a freakin' football game.

JB
09-24-2010, 12:47 PM
A little video message from Kubiak...

Video (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=560856412495)

disaacks3
09-24-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm so glad that there's another choir geek who pointed that out before me! :bubbles:

Hardcore Texan
09-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Yes. But you can't jump up and down as easy. :fans:

You reminded me of something that's funny. After my first few games I couldn't figure out why my calf's were so sore. I was on my feet, did a lot of walking but just couldn't believe that was it. And then I remember that I had jumped up and down for the whole game.....lol

jjjezebel
09-24-2010, 02:48 PM
While that sounds great in theory, how come I never have a voice the next day? :thinking:

Um...because you're doing it wrong?

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 02:51 PM

That's what she said!! :spit:

BullPenPhotos
09-24-2010, 10:53 PM

That's what she said!! :spit:

Bill...I hear that you get told by lots of women that you are doing it wrong...

Drew_Smoke
09-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I have 2 seats in the top row of 116. Have you seen how they add that extra bleacher to the back for the Patriots game? Someone told my friend to sit down and she said she was just about to when the guy next to her told them "There ain't no sitting in the Bull Pen!"

And she said, "Yeah!" lol

I had a guy I front of me kinda look around once and say "I wish they would sit down." I said, "Brother, you is in the wrong section."

TexansBlood
09-25-2010, 01:12 PM

I'm in 352, row E and im usually the one standing and encouraging people around me to do also on crucial 3rd down plays, giving people high fives and getting everybody crunk. Havent had a problem yet.

I looked around me for Colts fans opening game to poke fun of but didnt see any around me, guess they were all in your section lol.

hradhak
09-25-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm in 352, row E and im usually the one standing and encouraging people around me to do also on crucial 3rd down plays, giving people high fives and getting everybody crunk. Havent had a problem yet.

I looked around me for Colts fans opening game to poke fun of but didnt see any around me, guess they were all in your section lol.

Oh it irritates me to no end. I want to change seats to sit near real fans, but I love my seats (and have been there for so long). And I can't get over the old dude, decked out completely in Texans gear, that sits 2 rows behind me and yells "Run the ball!" on every play, whether the Texans have the ball or not. He alone is worth the price of admission:headhurts:

NitroGSXR
09-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh it irritates me to no end. I want to change seats to sit near real fans, but I love my seats (and have been there for so long). And I can't get over the old dude, decked out completely in Texans gear, that sits 2 rows behind me and yells "Run the ball!" on every play, whether the Texans have the ball or not. He alone is worth the price of admission:headhurts:
I have a guy like that in our section. I love it.

JB
09-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I have a guy like that in our section. I love it.

I love passionate fans! I remember too many games at the dome when most of the crowd were fans of the other team, and the Oiler fans would just sit on their hands...

Thorn
09-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I love passionate fans! I remember too many games at the dome when most of the crowd were fans of the other team, and the Oiler fans would just sit on their hands...

Back in the days of Moon and the run and shoot, I had season tickets. I swear the damn astrodome was half empty but yet sold out and the games was shown locally. I never understood that. There were games when the place was packed and you couldn't move, and there were games when the damn place was half empty and you could actually find a bathroom to pee in and get some hot dogs afterward without standing in a line. It was strange.

JB
09-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Back in the days of Moon and the run and shoot, I had season tickets. I swear the damn astrodome was half empty but yet sold out and the games was shown locally. I never understood that. There were games when the place was packed and you couldn't move, and there were games when the damn place was half empty and you could actually find a bathroom to pee in and get some hot dogs afterward without standing in a line. It was strange.

Yep! Strange days indeed. I remember the final season when the Oilers played Pittsburgh. There was 3 Steeler fans for every Oiler fan. I felt like crying, but I got drunk instead. And I been drinking every since...lol

TexansBlood
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM

I jinxed myself. I had 4 cowgirl fans directly in front of me(they said they paid $400 each) and 6 directly behind me.. I left when williams had the td in the 4th quarter, just couldnt take it no more... Oh well.

Dread-Head
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I stood the VUGG up for most of the game. I paid good money to get in...sitting was optional. I chose to waive that right.

Kimmy
09-30-2010, 10:03 PM

Gallery Furniture would buy them all up and give away with a purchase, just so the games would be shown on TV :) I remember those days.

You could hear the coaches from the other side of the dome!

drs23
09-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Gallery Furniture would buy them all up and give away with a purchase, just so the games would be shown on TV :) I remember those days.

You could hear the coaches from the other side of the dome!

Yeaaa, Matress Mac!

El Tejano
09-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I just say that why it's called "the stands" or I say "no, you stand up"