PDA

View Full Version : Texans-Cowboys Wednesday injury report

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Posted by Nick Scurfield on September 22, 2010 – 4:51 pm

Here’s the report on the Wednesday injury report for the Texans and Dallas Cowboys:

Texans
Out
N/A

Did Not Participate in Practice
TE James Casey (ankle), WR Andre Johnson (ankle)

Limited Participation in Practice
TE Owen Daniels (knee), DT Amobi Okoye (ankle), DE Mario Williams (groin)

Full Participation in Practice
FB Vonta Leach (knee), CB Antwaun Molden (ankle)

Notes: Johnson said in the locker room after practice that his ankle is feeling good and that he expects to play on Sunday. Casey is day-to-day. Molden has been inactive for the first two games but looks like he’s rounding into form.

Cowboys
Out
N/A

FB Deon Anderson (knee), WR Dez Bryant (ribs), NT Jay Ratliff (personal)

CB Mike Jenkins (knee), LB Sean Lee (hamstring), TE Jason Witten (head), T Sam Young (knee)

N/A

imatexan
09-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I REALLY hope AJ is playing Sunday, for how he would help the team but also I want to watch him live because I am not sure what other games I will be able to make this year.

I have a feeling he will play, he is a warrior.

TimeKiller
09-22-2010, 08:38 PM
So Molden is healthy.

What?! That's news. Do you think we see him?

jaayteetx
09-22-2010, 09:07 PM
So Molden is healthy.

What?! That's news. Do you think we see him?

We could use the help in the secondary.

DexmanC
09-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Don't forget, he was the best gunner on special teams before he got his
ankle blown up against the Titans in '08:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2psel91.jpg

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2010, 10:06 PM

First day of training camp, he was running with the ones until Kareem Jackson came to town.

hradhak
09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Cowboys
TE Jason Witten (head)

:ahhaha: Is he out with hurt feelings? :ahhaha:

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2010, 10:22 AM
I REALLY hope AJ is playing Sunday, for how he would help the team but also I want to watch him live because I am not sure what other games I will be able to make this year.

You get your wish. 610 has relayed that AJ has told them that he will DEFINITELY be playing Sunday!

imatexan
09-23-2010, 11:53 AM
You get your wish. 610 has relayed that AJ has told them that he will DEFINITELY be playing Sunday!

Great news, can't wait until Sunday!
:fans:

Malloy
09-23-2010, 12:05 PM

Beats (peepee) :)

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
SOME GOOD NEWS!

Texans-Cowboys Thursday injury report, report
Posted by Nick Scurfield on September 23, 2010 – 4:59 pm

Here’s the report on the Thursday injury report for the Texans and Dallas Cowboys:

Texans
Out
N/A

N/A

TE Owen Daniels (knee), WR Andre Johnson (ankle), DT Amobi Okoye (ankle), DE Mario Williams (groin)

TE James Casey (ankle), FB Vonta Leach (knee), CB Antwaun Molden (ankle)Notes: Johnson and Casey’s status improved from Wednesday, when neither player participated in practice. Both suffered sprained ankles at Washington on Sunday, with Casey’s initially diagnosed as more severe. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said that Johnson will play against the Cowboys, while he wasn’t asked about Casey.Cowboys
Out
N/A

FB Deon Anderson (knee), NT Jay Ratliff (personal)

WR Dez Bryant (ribs), CB Mike Jenkins (knee), LB Sean Lee (hamstring), T Sam Young (knee)

TE Jason Witten (head)

Notes: Bryant was a DNP on Wednesday and Witten was limited. Ratliff was in Georgia for the past two days for the funeral of his grandparents; he will play on Sunday.

Big Lou
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM

Witten had a concussion, will he be allowed to play this week?

Don't like to wish bad things on anybody even the enemy, but that sure would help the cause this week!!!!!!

:wadepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Witten had a concussion, will he be allowed to play this week?

Don't like to wish bad things on anybody even the enemy, but that sure would help the cause this week!!!!!!

:wadepalm:

The concussion process for return to play will be made a mochery of by some players and teams.

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 07:12 PM

He's playing.

dc_txtech
09-23-2010, 07:24 PM
The concussion process for return to play will be made a mochery of by some players and teams.

What exactly do you mean by that?

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
What exactly do you mean by that?

All you have to do is look at Kevin Kolb and Stuart Bradley of the Eagles. Both were obviously concussed and Reid trotted them back onto the field the same game. Both THEN missed the next game. Case Keenum was obviously concussed, he did not miss the next game......and was not himself. Witten, to the Cowboys’ credit, after looking like a drunk sailor on the field was not allowed back to play despite his childish confrontation with the coach.

Here is some explanation of how the system SHOULD work:

The new 2009 statement advises that a player who suffers a concussion should not return to play or practice on the same day if he shows any signs or symptoms of a concussion that are outlined in the return-to-play statement. It further states:

"Once removed for the duration of a practice or game, the player should not be considered for return-to-football activities until he is fully asymptomatic, both at rest and after exertion, has a normal neurological examination, normal neuropsychological testing, and has been cleared to return by both team physicians and an independent neurological consultant. A critical element of managing concussions is candid reporting by players of their symptoms following an injury. Accordingly, players are to be encouraged to be candid with team medical staffs and to fully disclose any signs or symptoms that may be associated with a concussion."

Based on the 2009 statement, a player who suffers a concussion should not return to play or practice on the same day if any of the following symptoms or signs is identified based on the initial medical evaluation of the player:

*Loss of consciousness

*Confusion as evidenced by disorientation to person, time or place; inability to respond appropriately to questions; or inability to remember assignments or plays

*Amnesia as evidenced by a gap in memory for events occurring just prior to the injury; inability to learn and retain new information; or a gap in memory for events that occurred after the injury

*Abnormal neurological examination, such as abnormal pupillary response, persistent dizziness or vertigo, or abnormal balance on sideline testing

*New and persistent headache, particularly if accompanied by photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting or dizziness

*Any other persistent signs or symptoms of concussion

"The evidence demonstrates that team medical staffs have been addressing concussions in an increasingly cautious and conservative way," Commissioner Goodell said in a memo to the NFL clubs. "This new return-to-play statement reinforces our commitment to advancing player safety. Along with improved equipment, better education, and rule changes designed to reduce impacts to the head, it will make our game safer, and set an important example for players at all levels of play."link (http://thesportdigest.com/article/nfl-issues-stricter-guidelines-returning-play-following-concussion)

If conservatively observed and step-wise evaluated per the guidelines, seldom will a player ever see the field the next game. The problem with this system is that, beyond thorough objective examination, it is completely dependent on the player (and the team) to be honest about his symptoms or lack thereof. From the childish tantrum response of Witten towards his coach immediately post concussion, how likely do you think it is that he reveals lingering symptoms if it means not playing? Much like the argument I hear here about steroid use........whatever it takes to get and stay on the field...........I’ll worry about the health effects some other time.

Persistent signs (objective) and/or symptoms (subjective) following concussion is referred to as Post Concussion Syndrome. Studies have shown that even in the case of “mild” concussions, anywhere from 40-80% of patients will experience this sydrome for weeks to even months following the initial concussion event. During this period of time, neurologist will warn players to avoid contact sports due to the fact that another concussion within that period of time will result in the brain damage that started this entire NFL (and football in general) concern. Far from inconsequential, that second hit within the Post Concussion Syndrome period can result in death. It is feared such in medicine that it carries the name Second Impact Syndrome. In this syndrome, there is immediate swelling of the brain. Surgery is fruitless and prognosis for recovery dismal. Many die, but those who do live through the ordeal are most often severely disabled.

I enjoy watching football. But, if it can be helped, I don't want players dying to entertain us.

dalemurphy
09-23-2010, 09:22 PM
The Cowboys only have three CBs on their entire roster and I think it is questionable whether Jenkins will play in the game. He had a knee injury late in the game vs. Chicago that looked severe. MRIs were negative and he has been a "partial participant" at practice. That would be a major injury for the Cowboys to absorb.

hradhak
09-23-2010, 09:31 PM
The Cowboys only have three CBs on their entire roster and I think it is questionable whether Jenkins will play in the game. He had a knee injury late in the game vs. Chicago that looked severe. MRIs were negative and he has been a "partial participant" at practice. That would be a major injury for the Cowboys to absorb.

That's good news for us. I hope that means Schaub will have another productive day at the office Sunday.

I'd like to see us run a liitle more too, keep the secondary creeping up and go with the play action.

barrett
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
SOME GOOD NEWS!

Texans-Cowboys Thursday injury report, report
Posted by Nick Scurfield on September 23, 2010 – 4:59 pm

Here’s the report on the Thursday injury report for the Texans and Dallas Cowboys:

Texans
Out
N/A

N/A

TE Owen Daniels (knee), WR Andre Johnson (ankle), DT Amobi Okoye (ankle), DE Mario Williams (groin)

TE James Casey (ankle), FB Vonta Leach (knee), CB Antwaun Molden (ankle)Notes: Johnson and Casey’s status improved from Wednesday, when neither player participated in practice. Both suffered sprained ankles at Washington on Sunday, with Casey’s initially diagnosed as more severe. Texans coach Gary Kubiak said that Johnson will play against the Cowboys, while he wasn’t asked about Casey.Cowboys
Out
N/A

FB Deon Anderson (knee), NT Jay Ratliff (personal)

WR Dez Bryant (ribs), CB Mike Jenkins (knee), LB Sean Lee (hamstring), T Sam Young (knee)

TE Jason Witten (head)

Notes: Bryant was a DNP on Wednesday and Witten was limited. Ratliff was in Georgia for the past two days for the funeral of his grandparents; he will play on Sunday.

Casey was full participation? How in the hell does he go from "it's gonna be some time" to full participation?

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Casey was full participation? How in the hell does he go from "it's gonna be some time" to full participation?

Has me scratching my head concerning the accuracy of the team's evaluations and their approach to rehab.

steelbtexan
09-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Has me scratching my head concerning the accuracy of the team's evaluations and their approach to rehab.

Ditto

You know when the Texans medical staff is lying?

Their lips are moving.

The Pencil Neck
09-23-2010, 10:40 PM

They could have been using this as a Jedi Mind trick to demoralize the Cowboys.

OK.

Maybe not.

Good to have him back on the field, though. As long as he's really ready to come back and not trying to be Andre.

xreadx
09-23-2010, 11:49 PM
"Amobi Okoye"
is he gonna play. I like the way he looked week one, and I dont remember him playing week 2. I would love to see him on the field...

BIG TORO
09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Just Updating AJ he was still listed as questionable today.
Here is the link:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=183193&id=1575

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Just Updating AJ he was still listed as questionable today.
Here is the link:http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=183193&id=1575

Making preparation more "interesting" for the Cowboys.

DexmanC
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
"Amobi Okoye"
is he gonna play. I like the way he looked week one, and I dont remember him playing week 2. I would love to see him on the field...

If Mario gets multiple sacks, it's partially due to how well Amobi plays that
day. It's been that way since 2007. If you check the tape, Amobi was
very instrumental in Mario and Antonio being so free against Donovan on
Sunday.

Norg
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM
WTF is up with Casey hes done little since being here !!!!!!!!!!1 we should just throw him on IR and replace him with someone that can help

Were is Anthnoy Hill is he still injured TEH F he was supposed to be our all world BLocking TE

BIG TORO
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Making preparation more "interesting" for the Cowboys.

Yea, but I'm sure there preparing for him anyway!

BigBull17
09-24-2010, 02:43 PM
If Mario gets multiple sacks, it's partially due to how well Amobi plays that
day. It's been that way since 2007. If you check the tape, Amobi was
very instrumental in Mario and Antonio being so free against Donovan on
Sunday.

Yeah, a guy coming up the middle helps your ends get sacks. leaves no where to go.

TheCD
09-24-2010, 02:52 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to make a new thread:

What is the story on Derick Ward? I understand him not playing right after being signed, but is he good to go against the Cowboys? Is he injured?

Thanks for the help if anyone knows.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2010, 03:58 PM

What is the story on Derick Ward? I understand him not playing right after being signed, but is he good to go against the Cowboys? Is he injured?

I'm sure we just didn't need him last game in that we were playing from behind so much........and chose to minimize the run game and rely on the pass. I'll make book we see him as soon as the run game carries a heavier more balanced load.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2010, 04:02 PM

The Girls will still be wasting time putting emphasis on whomever they guess may be taking up the slack. They have just so many CBs (3)........and one is going to play injured if he plays at all. They can't afford to waste ANY of their efforts on the game planning this Sunday.

ChampionTexan
09-24-2010, 04:04 PM

He's been active for both games - just hasn't seen the field much (if at all)!

papashango
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
The Girls will still be wasting time putting emphasis on whomever they guess may be taking up the slack. They have just so many CBs (3)........and one is going to play injured if he plays at all. They can't afford to waste ANY of their efforts on the game planning this Sunday.

Cowboys have 3 corners on the depth chart but they actually have 5. Kwasi Wonsu Ansah(?) is a safety but he's the 4th corner and if it has to get down to it starting free safety who was the 4th cornerback last year is the 5th corner. Cowboys would like for it not to get that low though. But they're expecting a hobbled Jenkins but Jenkins today said he felt great. He's definately going to play.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Cowboys have 3 corners on the depth chart but they actually have 5. Kwasi Wonsu Ansah(?) is a safety but he's the 4th corner and if it has to get down to it starting free safety who was the 4th cornerback last year is the 5th corner. Cowboys would like for it not to get that low though. But they're expecting a hobbled Jenkins but Jenkins today said he felt great. He's definately going to play.
I'd say what the Cowboys may get out of Jenkins this Sunday could still be pretty iffy.

As the week has gone on Mike Jenkins has practiced more and more and he will be listed as probable for Sunday's game against Houston, but he said he has not tested his bruised right knee fully.

"We didn't want to get to the point where we went too hard and I wasn't able to play at all," said Jenkins, who suffered the injury in last week's loss to Chicago. "We're going to try it out on Sunday. Right now I feel good."

Jenkins said he does not have any ligament injuries and he is dealing mostly with soreness. He does not expect the Texans to test him often with Andre Johnson.

"I think they're going to come in with the same game plan," Jenkins said. "I don't think it's going to be one of those things where they try and pick at me. If it is, we're just going to have a good day."link (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/mike-jenkins-right-now-i-feel.html)

The Cowboys will only have 3 CBs available with their rookie free safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah being the 4th "cornerback." There is no real 5th unless they pull Hamlin (I know they won't want to put one of their other 2 rookie safeties or Sensabaugh in there at CB). The 5th was to be Bryan McCann, to be activated off of the PS when the Cowboys' injured FB was released. However, they decided they wanted an extra TE and therefore have called up Scott Chandler from the PS to be active on Sunday. Probably to give some insurance for if Witten sees birdies again. Either way, I don't know that if I were the Cowboys these chain of events would be giving me the warm and fuzzies.

link (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=45CC066A-0D03-254E-D64497110D429601)

cuppacoffee
09-24-2010, 05:47 PM

We also need to get Ogunleye on the field to see if there is any gas left in the tank.

Same for Denney. If these latest two acquisitions don't cut it then back to the drawing board while the season is still young.

If we are going to use up roster spots there could be a promising DE on someones ps.

:coffee:

The Pencil Neck
09-24-2010, 05:50 PM
We also need to get Ogunleye on the field to see if there is any gas left in the tank.

Same for Denney. If these latest two acquisitions don't cut it then back to the drawing board while the season is still young.

If we are going to use up roster spots there could be a promising DE on someones ps.

Denney played some snaps last Sunday. I didn't really notice him doing anything good or bad; I wasn't really focusing on him. But he was out there.

Rey
09-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Saw one play early in the first half where he came in and got good pressure...

gary
09-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Ward should get some carries to show Dallas some one new IMO.

mattieuk
09-24-2010, 06:33 PM

The only way to prepare for him, is giving each member of the secondary a peice of rope to tie his feet together. And even then he'll jump up and bring it down!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 09:26 PM
All you have to do is look at Kevin Kolb and Stuart Bradley of the Eagles. Both were obviously concussed and Reid trotted them back onto the field the same game. Both THEN missed the next game. Case Keenum was obviously concussed, he did not miss the next game......and was not himself. Witten, to the Cowboys’ credit, after looking like a drunk sailor on the field was not allowed back to play despite his childish confrontation with the coach.

Here is some explanation of how the system SHOULD work:

link (http://thesportdigest.com/article/nfl-issues-stricter-guidelines-returning-play-following-concussion)

If conservatively observed and step-wise evaluated per the guidelines, seldom will a player ever see the field the next game. The problem with this system is that, beyond thorough objective examination, it is completely dependent on the player (and the team) to be honest about his symptoms or lack thereof. From the childish tantrum response of Witten towards his coach immediately post concussion, how likely do you think it is that he reveals lingering symptoms if it means not playing? Much like the argument I hear here about steroid use........whatever it takes to get and stay on the field...........I’ll worry about the health effects some other time.

Persistent signs (objective) and/or symptoms (subjective) following concussion is referred to as Post Concussion Syndrome. Studies have shown that even in the case of “mild” concussions, anywhere from 40-80% of patients will experience this sydrome for weeks to even months following the initial concussion event. During this period of time, neurologist will warn players to avoid contact sports due to the fact that another concussion within that period of time will result in the brain damage that started this entire NFL (and football in general) concern. Far from inconsequential, that second hit within the Post Concussion Syndrome period can result in death. It is feared such in medicine that it carries the name Second Impact Syndrome. In this syndrome, there is immediate swelling of the brain. Surgery is fruitless and prognosis for recovery dismal. Many die, but those who do live through the ordeal are most often severely disabled.

I enjoy watching football. But, if it can be helped, I don't want players dying to entertain us.

:clap: Thanks for that insightfull post.

Doc, I remember (sorta) being concussed on a Saturday night and yet I played the following Friday night.... In retrospect, I shouldn't have been allowed to even suit up...

I guess this is why I am a little slow.

Lucky
09-24-2010, 10:07 PM
The Cowboys only have three CBs on their entire roster and I think it is questionable whether Jenkins will play in the game.
They list 3 CBs, but Alan Ball & Akwasi Owusu-Ansah were both college CBs who can play as a nickel corner. Really, it doesn't matter how many or few CBs Dallas has. If the Texans protect Schaub (and force the Cowboys to honor the play action), there's no way they can cover Johnson, Walter, & Jones.

Of course you can make the same argument for the Texans trying to cover the Dallas receivers. This looks like another shootout. :cowboy1:

Norg
09-24-2010, 11:17 PM
IF Jackson gets burned 2 much u think we will replace him with another CB like Modlen or somethin ???

i think hes going to step up his game tho this week he will prob go aganist there #2

cuppacoffee
09-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Denney played some snaps last Sunday. I didn't really notice him doing anything good or bad; I wasn't really focusing on him. But he was out there.

Saw one play early in the first half where he came in and got good pressure...

Thanks. Completely missed it.

Glad we got a look at him. Smith is pretty good at finding usable talent, gotta find out if he needs to keep looking.

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2010, 07:44 AM
This is the final official injury report. (Looks like Antonio Smith's "illness" did not occur prior to the release of the report...........if the twitter information by Calvin Watkins was even legitimate)

Friday injury report
Posted by Nick Scurfield on September 24, 2010 – 3:18 pm

Here’s the Friday injury report for the Texans and Dallas Cowboys:

Texans
Out
N/A

Doubtful
N/A

Questionable
WR Andre Johnson (ankle/limited)

Probable
TE James Casey (ankle/full), TE Owen Daniels (knee/limited), FB Vonta Leach (knee/full), CB Antwaun Molden (ankle/full), DT Amobi Okoye (ankle/limited), DE Mario Williams (groin/limited)

Notes: Texans coach Gary Kubiak said that barring any setbacks, Johnson will play. He also said that Molden “looks like he’ll be available” and that “all signs look pretty good” on Casey.

Cowboys
Out
FB Deon Anderson (knee/released)

Doubtful
N/A

Questionable
LB Sean Lee (hamstring/full), T Sam Young (knee/full)

Probable
WR Dez Bryant (ribs/full), CB Mike Jenkins (knee/full), TE Jason Witten (head/full)

Notes: The Cowboys released Anderson, who was listed as their starting fullback, and called up tight end Scott Chandler from their practice squad.

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Defensive end Antonio Smith was added to the Texans' injury report as questionable for their game against the Dallas Cowboys.

The Texans said "illness" caused Smith to join receiver Andre Johnson as questionable, but they didn't specify what the illness was. Usually, when players become ill overnight, they have the flu or some kind of viral infection.

Smith is expected to play against the Cowboys.

Johnson said Friday he'll be in the starting lineup.

john.mcclain@chron.com

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Official: Andre Johnson will play!