PDA

View Full Version : "New Sheriff in Texas?"

drs23
09-22-2010, 03:58 PM
A little more love for our Texans. BR had this to say:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/468006-are-the-houston-texans-the-new-king-of-the-hill-in-the-lone-star-state?utm_source=newsletter

I enjoyed it. Whadda ya think?

Malloy
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
A little more love for our Texans. BR had this to say:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/468006-are-the-houston-texans-the-new-king-of-the-hill-in-the-lone-star-state?utm_source=newsletter

I enjoyed it. Whadda ya think?

Good piece, good find. Thanks and rep! :)

Hervoyel
09-22-2010, 04:22 PM
A lot of fun to read I admit but I'm growing wary of all the love the Texans are getting so early in the season. I'm afraid some of them might start reading and believing their press.

Don't get me wrong, they're great and they deserve all the praise they get but there's work to do and if the Cowboys run us off the field at home then all that praise means nothing. We have to play every game like we did these first two. I want to believe. On some level I do absolutely believe. I just need to see another couple weeks of "Team that will not quit" before I let all this positive press in.

Wolf
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Heard on the radio in San Antonio

1st week of the season after the Cowboys Loss and the Texans won " you hear that "psshhh" sound? That is the tires of the Texan's bandwagon bursting from all the people jumping on board"

Last Monday" well that Texan's bandwagon is still growing, uhh the cowboys, I don't know what to think"

I still will wait and see. over the years I have been trained to take what I can and enjoy the moment and not to get overly hyped. I am still gun shy .

HOWEVER, I wear my Texans hat all the time and everywhere I go. I admit, I am enjoying the silence of Cowboy fans.. Usually I get some ribbing at work or someone makes a comment or two while I am out... I haven't talked any shit and I haven't heard one comment out of anyone

hradhak
09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Nice find. Thanks for the post.

Thorn
09-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Nice article, but let's wait until after the next Indy game before we go anointing the Texans as whatever. It's obvious this is not the same Texans we are used to from the past, they are better and more driven. But we still got 14 games left to play.

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
It's like DexmanC has been saying, let's start off better than 5-7 before we start getting too happy.

DexmanC
09-22-2010, 06:55 PM
It's like DexmanC has been saying, let's start off better than 5-7 before we start getting too happy.

Can the church get an "amen?'

JB
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM

Yeah, gotta keep the enthusiasm muted...

Nah, I'm pumped about this year and am expecting the best! :fans:

But actually I can understand waiting for the better than 5-7... We were 2-0 before. But, we have never been 3-0. This game is going to be fun!

Eddie
09-22-2010, 07:52 PM
first time here.Im a little nervous.I would like to say the TEXANS are the YOUNG GUNS of TEXAS.Like the movie,with Bernard Pollard being Billy the Kid of the secondary.Go TEXANS!!!!

steelbtexan
09-22-2010, 07:55 PM

Amen, Brutha

THE NFL
09-22-2010, 08:37 PM
This is fun thiking about this and talking about it. But the reality is that MOST fans are bandwagon. If the Texans are winning and the Cowboys arent all of sudden people are Texans fans. Once the Texans start losing again they go back to being Cowboy Fans.

But the Texans arent taking over a market by winning 2 games. Hell, they wont do it by making the playoffs 1 season if in fact they make the playoffs this year.

The NFL will love this... it means they sell more merchandise. So you will have a bunch of people running around in cities other than Houston and Dallas with both Cowboys and Texans gear in their house.

But as has been stated... if the Boys win on Sunday.. none of this will matter. Those boderline fans will stay Cowboys fans.

Carr Bombed
09-22-2010, 08:51 PM
This is fun thiking about this and talking about it. But the reality is that MOST fans are bandwagon. If the Texans are winning and the Cowboys arent all of sudden people are Texans fans. Once the Texans start losing again they go back to being Cowboy Fans.

But the Texans arent taking over a market by winning 2 games. Hell, they wont do it by making the playoffs 1 season if in fact they make the playoffs this year.

The NFL will love this... it means they sell more merchandise. So you will have a bunch of people running around in cities other than Houston and Dallas with both Cowboys and Texans gear in their house.

But as has been stated... if the Boys win on Sunday.. none of this will matter. Those boderline fans will stay Cowboys fans.

I'm not after Cowboy fans if I'm Bob McNair.....

When the Oilers left town the city was split. You have the fans who stayed loyal to their city......and the other morons who tucked tail and blindly followed Bud Adams to Tenn. However one thing I know is, this town is a bandwagon town and they'll always support a winner. Some of my "Titan fan" friends are even starting to warm up to the Texans. I hope we beat the hell out of that team this year. :)

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2010, 08:59 PM
first time here.Im a little nervous.I would like to say the TEXANS are the YOUNG GUNS of TEXAS.Like the movie,with Bernard Pollard being Billy the Kid of the secondary.Go TEXANS!!!!

Welcome to the board.

Wolf
09-22-2010, 09:02 PM

I bet the NFL really loves Saints "fans" LOL

THE NFL
09-22-2010, 09:53 PM
I just heard Barry Warner say that the Saints are the real " America's Team " , which I think is a freaking joke.

Texas has always had alot more Cowboys fans than Oilers/Texans. I suspect that it will remain that way unless the Cowboys really suck for a loooong time and the Texans start winning multiple Super Bowls.

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I just heard Barry Warner say that the Saints are the real " America's Team " , which I think is a freaking joke.

Texas has always had alot more Cowboys fans than Oilers/Texans. I suspect that it will remain that way unless the Cowboys really suck for a loooong time and the Texans start winning multiple Super Bowls.

The Cowboys haven't had as many down times as the Oilers/Texans. For a long time, they were a consistently good team and that built up a big fanbase over the state. Then, with the Oilers moving out and the Texans coming in, most people aren't going to switch allegiances to an expansion team.

But like you said, since the Cowboys are about to really suck for a long time and the Texans are on the verge of winning multiple Super Bowls, we can expect to start making some headway into that fanbase.

hradhak
09-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I would say that fans in areas outside Dallas (San Antonio, Austin) aren't as tied to a team as they would be if they lived in the town. If the Texans start winning consistently and the Cowboys start a skid, people will start jumping ship.

The respective local media won't cover the Texans unless they start winning and interest grows in the team.

THE NFL
09-23-2010, 12:30 AM
The Cowboys own the state of Texas and have for many many decades. That isnt going to change because of 1 season from the Texans. Its a generational thing. Kids grow up Cowboys fans because the fathers were. The Texans dont have that. The Cowboys are a franchise that has millions of fans Nationally. The Oilers and Texans had/have the Houston market, but not even all of that.

It would take a LOOOONG time to get over that hump.

drs23
09-23-2010, 12:32 AM
The Cowboys own the state of Texas and have for many many decades. That isnt going to change because of 1 season from the Texans. Its a generational thing. Kids grow up Cowboys fans because the fathers were. The Texans dont have that. The Cowboys are a franchise that has millions of fans Nationally. The Oilers and Texans had/have the Houston market, but not even all of that.

True. But the worm is turning.

Texan_Touchdown
09-23-2010, 01:49 AM

I don't care who like the Texans or how many don't. or whatever. As long as my team wins or loses giving 100 percent. then i'll only be mad for a day. But what the way cowboys are losing.. i don't thinkg one week can change that team from that bad to that good. And believe me.. we're that good.. ''NFL EXPERT'' lmao

THE NFL
09-23-2010, 08:14 AM
I don't care who like the Texans or how many don't. or whatever. As long as my team wins or loses giving 100 percent. then i'll only be mad for a day. But what the way cowboys are losing.. i don't thinkg one week can change that team from that bad to that good. And believe me.. we're that good.. ''NFL EXPERT'' lmao

I am not real sure I even know what that is supposed to mean?

Giving 100%? Moral victories are for puzzies!

The Cowboys are a dangerous team. They havent played well. They will bust out against someone.

No team is ever as good as their best game or as bad as their worst game. Dont overhype this Texan team. They are going to lose a few. Its going to happen. It should have happened last sunday.

The Cowboys still own the market in Texas. You dont have to like it. But its true.

Morales? Is that you?

GuerillaBlack
09-23-2010, 08:34 AM

I see what you're saying. You could say the Cowboys are the Lakers, Celtics, and Yankees of the NFL. BUT, those teams have won championships this decade. The Cowboys have won nothing for almost 20 years. Big difference. If the Texans can start winning consistently, those Super Bowls of long ago will start to fade.

THE NFL
09-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I see what you're saying. You could say the Cowboys are the Lakers, Celtics, and Yankees of the NFL. BUT, those teams have won championships this decade. The Cowboys have won nothing for almost 20 years. Big difference. If the Texans can start winning consistently, those Super Bowls of long ago will start to fade.

But those teams also went thru prolonged Championship droughts.Sure they are back winning now...But that hasnt always been the case... So keep that in mind.

GuerillaBlack
09-24-2010, 01:28 AM
But those teams also went thru prolonged Championship droughts.Sure they are back winning now...But that hasnt always been the case... So keep that in mind.

The Celtics are the only team that have had as long of a drought as the Cowboys.

THE NFL
09-24-2010, 08:05 AM
You are splitting hairs.... So what? Winning the Super Bowl is a crap shoot. Dallas has been to then playoffs. They have won their divison. They were 13-3 just 2 seasons ago.

The fact remains that the Texans have the local Houston market. The Cowboys are a Worldwide brand. The Texans have a bright future, but they arent replacing the Cowboys in 1 season.