PDA

View Full Version : Blue Crew - Cryboys (part deux) Tailgate

disaacks3
09-21-2010, 05:48 PM
So, the question of the week is....whatcha bringin?

So, far I'm bringing a cranky old Cowgirls fan ...(otherwise known as Dad)

JB
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Me, myself, and alchohol! :D

Joe Texan
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Cowboy stew and rolls and sausage balls and etc

Texan_Bill
09-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Cowboy stew and rolls and sausage balls and etc

I guess we'll have a Hobie :hobie: sighting this Sunday.... :runaway:

thunderkyss
09-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Where does the BlueCrew set up?

Texan_Bill
09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Where does the BlueCrew set up?

Right here, buddy!

http://www.txdavid.com/Images/BlueCrewMap.jpg

thunderkyss
09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks TB. I'll try to get there early enough to party with y'all before the game.

But I'm done on the board for a while, at least till Monday. I talk a lot of shit & I'll be giving Cowboy fans he'll for the next 5 days.

But I don't believe. I love this team, I think we have the best offense in the league. I believe we have the best defense in the league. I think this is the best team in the league, but I don't believe we'll win on Sunday.

Too many intangibles. Cowboys aren't going to start 0-3. Have we ever started 3-0? Governers cup. Jerah.

So I'll be fasting. No more TexansTalk. I'll see y'all on the other side.

Texan_Bill
09-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks TB. I'll try to get there early enough to party with y'all before the game.

But I'm done on the board for a while, at least till Monday. I talk a lot of shit & I'll be giving Cowboy fans he'll for the next 5 days.

But I don't believe. I love this team, I think we have the best offense in the league. I believe we have the best defense in the league. I think this is the best team in the league, but I don't believe we'll win on Sunday.

Too many intangibles. Cowboys aren't going to start 0-3. Have we ever started 3-0? Governers cup. Jerah.

So I'll be fasting. No more TexansTalk. I'll see y'all on the other side.

Well sir, we will see you Sunday morning!!! Be there....

Seriously, I get the not talking shite stuff. I'm optimistically cautious myself about talking mess. Fasting, can be a good thing!!!

In any event TK, Blue Crew now expects your presence!!!!

Texan_Bill
09-21-2010, 11:06 PM
I have two meetings at work; 5 days until Sunday, and beyond that; a mixer (25 year Reunion) Friday night, and a formal "25 Year Reunion", Saturday night!!!

OOOOOOOOOOoohhhhhhhhhh and there's a little game that I need to be in Blue Crew @ 7:00 am..

The weekend is FULL!

JB
09-21-2010, 11:16 PM
I have two meetings at work; 5 days until Sunday, and beyond that; a mixer (25 year Reunion) Friday night, and a formal "25 Year Reunion", Saturday night!!!

OOOOOOOOOOoohhhhhhhhhh and there's a little game that I need to be in Blue Crew @ 7:00 am..

The weekend is FULL!

Is that a 25 yr reunion from your day care class? Damn young whippersnapper!

Dread-Head
09-21-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm going to morning mass so I won't be able to do the pregame, but after the game I'll be there...and I think an attractive lady MIGHT be meeting me there. I have NO IDEA why.

Hookem Horns
09-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I will be joining you guys at some point. I will have my "Hookem" 94 jersey on.

Joe Texan
09-22-2010, 01:17 AM
look foreward to seeing you Kevin

BIG TORO
09-22-2010, 06:52 AM
I will be there, Would you guys like those breakfast tacos again or would yall like faitas?

I want feedback please!

JB
09-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I will be there, Would you guys like those breakfast tacos again or would yall like faitas?

I want feedback please!

Those were some pretty good breakfast tacos

BigWig
09-22-2010, 07:43 AM

The weekend is FULL!

Nah, I think its 25 yr from his kindergarten class, he never loses sight of old drinking buddies!

SheTexan
09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Our tailgate is gonna be hoppin this Sunday, and I'm pumped to meet some of you guys/gals! Gonna be a blast!

THAT said! If I don't get to see some of you, esp some of my old timer pals, it'll be because I'll be down on the field before the game!! WOOOHOOO!! Not sure yet, but, looking pretty good! Keepin my fingers crossed for good karma!!

GlassHalfFull
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM

I want feedback please!

I am bringing a friend from Finland to the Giants tailgate and have promised her breakfast tacos......

I am trying to think Cowgirl themed food, and can only come up with a pot of beans.

Help with ideas, I seem to be out.

Dread-Head
09-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I am bringing a friend from Finland to the Giants tailgate and have promised her breakfast tacos......

I am trying to think Cowgirl themed food, and can only come up with a pot of beans.

You WOULD bring a Viking chick when I'm showing up with a date wouldn't you?

Dread-Head
09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Our tailgate is gonna be hoppin this Sunday, and I'm pumped to meet some of you guys/gals! Gonna be a blast!

THAT said! If I don't get to see some of you, esp some of my old timer pals, it'll be because I'll be down on the field before the game!! WOOOHOOO!! Not sure yet, but, looking pretty good! Keepin my fingers crossed for good karma!!

I'm bringing the predator mask....

SheTexan
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Same here Katie!! Been trying to think of something that does NOT have to be grilled. Right now I'm leaning toward some excellent tamales, and maybe a pot of homemade chili. This is a TEXAS shootout, so maybe adding a little spice will be a good thing! Kara will bring her monkey bread for the early morning, and I'm thinking maybe some kolaches.

I'm still thinkin, so not sure yet!:)

BIG TORO
09-22-2010, 09:32 AM

So do yall just want me to be the breakfast taco guy, seems like they were a hit, but that might get boring?

disaacks3
09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
The old man BAILED on me...in his words, he wasn't sure that "He wanted to see the Cowboys get their a**es kicked". Awww....

Next up, is another Cryboys fan...my nephew. Please feel free to haze him repeatedly.

SheTexan
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
The old man BAILED on me...in his words, he wasn't sure that "He wanted to see the Cowboys get their a**es kicked". Awww....

Next up, is another Cryboys fan...my nephew. Please feel free to haze him repeatedly.

Geeee Dan!! You haven't converted them yet??:)

GlassHalfFull
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
So do yall just want me to be the breakfast taco guy, seems like they were a hit, but that might get boring?

LOL, you can explain what queso means to Jenni. Her Finnish may not cover that.

Nothing boring about breakfast tacos.

GlassHalfFull
09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Same here Katie!! Been trying to think of something that does NOT have to be grilled. Right now I'm leaning toward some excellent tamales, and maybe a pot of homemade chili. This is a TEXAS shootout, so maybe adding a little spice will be a good thing! Kara will bring her monkey bread for the early morning, and I'm thinking maybe some kolaches.

I'm still thinkin, so not sure yet!:)

we can bring the camp stove again if needed. Let us know.

Chili is a good idea......

Joe Texan
09-22-2010, 04:26 PM
If the beans require butter then bring it we are gonna need all we bring

Yankee_In_TX
09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Since it worked the first go around, we're definitely brewing more Hop, Skip, Go Naked this weekend. Come over and give it a swig!

Texan_Bill
09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Since it worked the first go around, we're definitely brewing more Hop, Skip, Go Naked this weekend. Come over and give it a swig!

That's not the stuff that instantly made me hurl a couple of years ago, is it??

If so, that was BRUTAL!!

Hookem Horns
09-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Is anyone going to have a grill lit up? I have a yellow pass however will probably come over to you guys. I might need to borrow someone's grill.

Texan_Bill
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Is anyone going to have a grill lit up? I have a yellow pass however will probably come over to you guys. I might need to borrow someone's grill.

I'm sure TxDavid will have his big 'ol grill out there.

http://www.texansbullpen.com/10photogallery/Season/2010-09-12-Colts-Texans/Fans/DSC_0006.JPG

TxDavid
09-22-2010, 08:40 PM

I will have the grill there. It will always be there. If for some reason I don't make a tailgate I will make arrangements for it to be there.

PS - Will be good to see you again Hookem

Tedc
09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Cowboy Steaks, Fajitas, phallic shaped pieces of mixed meat shoved into an intestine......

Joe Texan
09-22-2010, 09:23 PM

I have got to see this

BIG TORO
09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok guys any particular combination items that you guys want on tacos?

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Chorizo
Cheese
Beans
Potato
Pico de Gallo

JB
09-23-2010, 11:52 AM

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Chorizo
Cheese
Beans
Potato
Pico de Gallo

I would eat eggs & sausage or eggs & chorizo...no cheese!
Beans & pico or ok.

They were fantastic last time!

BIG TORO
09-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I would eat eggs & sausage or eggs & chorizo...no cheese!
Beans & pico or ok.

They were fantastic last time!

Thanks JB!

Input people input!

Dr2bKay
09-23-2010, 12:27 PM

I liked that punch!!! glad I didn't end up naked after that though...I will have to get a sip earlier...

disaacks3
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Chorizo
Cheese
Beans
Potato
Pico de Gallo

Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Potato

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Cowboy Steaks, Fajitas, phallic shaped pieces of mixed meat shoved into an intestine......

Hobie is sooooooo there!!! :hobie:

BIG TORO
09-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Potato

Will do, Thanks Dan!

Need more input!

JB
09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Will do, Thanks Dan!

Need more input!

The mix you had last time worked pretty good didn't it?

Texan_Bill
09-23-2010, 01:24 PM

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Chorizo
Cheese
Beans
Potato
Pico de Gallo

Yes!!

BIG TORO
09-23-2010, 01:25 PM
The mix you had last time worked pretty good didn't it?

Yea, but some people dont like cheese so I wanted to see what combinations people like. I'm still going to have some of the combinations from last time.

On your combination would you prefer beans with the bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs?

BIG TORO
09-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Yes!!

lol, yes what Bill! You want all of them on one taco? j/k

Would you like a certain combination?

JB
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Yea, but some people dont like cheese so I wanted to see what combinations people like. I'm still going to have some of the combinations from last time.

On your combination would you prefer beans with the bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs?

I'm ok with or without beans. I do like pico. prefer chorizo to bacon, sausage to both

BIG TORO
09-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm ok with or without beans. I do like pico. prefer chorizo to bacon, sausage to both

I've got you JB!

Still need more input people!

Joe Texan
09-23-2010, 07:10 PM
you make em we will eat em no matter if they got chees or not

Andrew6
09-24-2010, 03:56 AM
wife was thinking cow patties ( hamburgers and the fixings) yay or ney?

BIG TORO
09-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Yay!

SheTexan
09-24-2010, 07:21 AM

Yay! Bring some of your salsa Andrew!

Since this is Mexican Heritage day, I'm gonna bring some of the best homemade tamales in H-town!! Since it's gonna be a TEXAS shootout, I'm still thinkin about that pot of chile, or some BBQ cowboys! :chef:

JB
09-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Yay! Bring some of your salsa Andrew!

Since this is Mexican Heritage day, I'm gonna bring some of the best homemade tamales in H-town!! Since it's gonna be a TEXAS shootout, I'm still thinkin about that pot of chile, or some BBQ cowboys! :chef:

Homemade tamales? :good:

Texanmike02
09-24-2010, 08:00 AM
I WILL be there. Bringing my brother and two guys I'm stationed with. One of them is a Cowpies fan, the other... meh its not the Pies he roots for so it doesn't matter. No son with me this time. He might be going to another game with me but he won't have cowboys tickets $$$ worth of fun.. not when you can go to a whole other game for the same price as one ticket!

I'll be in my #90.

Mike

gwallaia
09-24-2010, 08:05 AM
I'll be there with 6 Cowboy hating Texan fans.

SheTexan
09-24-2010, 10:20 AM
I'll be there with 6 Cowboy hating Texan fans.

Now THAT'S my kinda guy!!!! :fans:

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 10:23 AM

**** JB!!! Cheese is the way to roll!!!

...and NO beans!

jjjezebel
09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I decided this sort of last minute, but I'm going to be bringing a French Toast Casserole to the game if anyone's interested in trying it out. We'll also have our assorted usual stuff as well.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I decided this sort of last minute, but I'm going to be bringing a French Toast Casserole to the game if anyone's interested in trying it out. We'll also have our assorted usual stuff as well.

:foottap:

Well???

What about....

:spy:

the crack?????

jjjezebel
09-24-2010, 01:51 PM
:foottap:

Well???

What about....

:spy:

the crack?????

Don't you know? Crack is Whack! I'll bring the weenies another time...I already told you that I wasn't bringing them this game. :P

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 04:27 PM
lol, yes what Bill! You want all of them on one taco?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

silvrhand
09-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I will be bringing about 2 dozen biscuits with a large pot of homemade sausage gravy..

EDIT: fyi does anyone have a single burner that they can bring to keep the gravy warm?

SheTexan
09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I will be bringing about 2 dozen biscuits with a large pot of homemade sausage gravy..

EDIT: fyi does anyone have a single burner that they can bring to keep the gravy warm?

I do, and I'm pretty sure Katie (glasshalffull) will bring her camp stove. We'll have ya covered.

Joe Texan
09-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I will let you set it on the grill if need be

Andrew6
09-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I had forgotten I'd bought two pork butts and put one in the freezer so I'm going to make up the other one. It's thawing right now and getting ready for a coffee marinade. I'm going to make it texas style bbq this time due to the all texas teams playing. I'll go ahead and make up some of my salsa and see if amy or Jose' want to make up the Guacamole. Jose has also started smoking a brisket for the game. He is taking requests so if anyones had is food before and interested lemme know.

JB
09-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I had forgotten I'd bought two pork butts and put one in the freezer so I'm going to make up the other one. It's thawing right now and getting ready for a coffee marinade. I'm going to make it texas style bbq this time due to the all texas teams playing. I'll go ahead and make up some of my salsa and see if amy or Jose' want to make up the Guacamole. Jose has also started smoking a brisket for the game. He is taking requests so if anyones had is food before and interested lemme know.

If your bbq is anywhere close to good as your pulled pork, I hope to snatch some!

Andrew6
09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
If your bbq is anywhere close to good as your pulled pork, I hope to snatch some!

oops sorry it'll be bbq pulled pork. Just done Texas style. Thinking about adding a little mosquite heat to it.

Andrew6
09-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Jose's brisket will be out of this world tender and good.

JB
09-24-2010, 09:24 PM
oops sorry it'll be bbq pulled pork. Just done Texas style. Thinking about adding a little mosquite heat to it.

Mesquite is all world!

Texan_Bill
09-24-2010, 09:32 PM

You SUCK!!! This is the kinda food I had to give up.... But, I love me some bisquits and gravy!!

Just bring it, we'll figure it out...

Andrew6
09-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Jose will be making the Salsa. His is quite a bit better than mine. He smokes the peppers so the salsa has a really good smokey flavor to it.

Texan_Bill
09-25-2010, 12:18 AM
JB is a Puh Ce!!

JB
09-25-2010, 07:24 AM
JB is a Puh Ce!!

:mcnugget: :foottap: :bat:

GlassHalfFull
09-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Given that it is Go Tejano day, we are cooking carnitas.

We are also sending our generator in Ted's truck. So bring fans and electronics.

GlassHalfFull
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM

We are bringing a 4 burner camp stove. Plenty of room for the gravy.

silvrhand
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I have a couple box fans if we need, what about power strips and extension cords?

GlassHalfFull
09-25-2010, 02:36 PM
I have a couple box fans if we need, what about power strips and extension cords?

We are bringing 2 big extension cords, but another one and a power strip might be a good idea.

Fans are good. The more the better. Anyone have a big portable AC unit?:kitten:

SheTexan
09-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Just got back from my last minute shopping and let me tell ya, it is HOT out there, and very humid!! Gonna see if I can locate an extra fan! LORD please, let there be a least a LITTLE cloud coverage!!

disaacks3
09-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Will have 6 pounds of Tequila Lime marinated Chicken for the grill. Nephew has decided to convert and is picking up Texans gear!

BIG TORO
09-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Will have 6 pounds of Tequila Lime marinated Chicken for the grill. Nephew has decided to convert and is picking up Texans gear!

Awsome! convert! convert! convert! I have converted alot of people from Port Arthur.

Andrew6
09-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Awsome! convert! convert! convert! I have converted alot of people from Port Arthur.

:goodpost:

SheTexan
09-26-2010, 05:21 AM

I had faith in ya Dan!!! Them there cowpoke fans are moving on over to our side by the bushels!! lol Just goes to show ya, some of them are pretty dang smart!! See ya in a couple hours!!

Joe Texan
09-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Walkin out the door Lets Go Texans

GlassHalfFull
09-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Up, showered (you will all be glad to know) and ready to rumble.

Go Texans!!! :gotexans1