PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Receiver Kenny McKinley Commits Suicide

Brando
09-21-2010, 06:39 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For the third time in four years, the Denver Broncos are dealing with the death of a teammate.

Wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home Monday in an apparent suicide.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley's home in Centennial at 3:35 p.m. local time and found McKinley's body in the second-floor master bedroom. He said detectives believe McKinley, 23, was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab496e/article/sheriff-broncos-wr-mckinley-23-found-dead-at-his-home?module=HP_headlines)

Sad news.

Rey
09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow...

He had a young son too...

In the article they speculated that it may have been due to financial problems or injuries...

I can't seem someone taking their life like that, especially with how he was described by friends, teammates, current and former coaches....

Just seems kind of odd...

That said...RIP Kenny McKinley..

The1ApplePie
09-21-2010, 11:05 PM
My thoughts are with his family.

The man still took the coward's way out (unless there is some mental illness involved)

NitroGSXR
09-21-2010, 11:08 PM
My thoughts are with his family.

The man still took the coward's way out (unless there is some mental illness involved)

Anyone who kills themself is mentally ill. Especially a 23 year old.

Blake
09-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Maybe they will find out that he had early signs of brain disease from concussions too?