PDA

View Full Version : Cowgirl's Blogger Shows Incredible Ignorance

GlassHalfFull
09-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Cowboys Corner (http://www.bonhamjournal.com/articles/2010/09/20/sports/doc4c977aa64b340597651856.txt)

Eight years ago Jerry Jones admittedly bawled like a baby after his Cowboys were upset by the expansion Houston Texans at brand new Reliant Stadium in the first game of the season.

What was more upsetting to the owner, being embarrassed on national television or the realization that third-year head coach Dave Campo wasn’t the guy who would turn the team around, nobody is really quite sure of. Odds are, probably a bit of both.

....... more stupid stuff, here is where it gets good
Yes, Gary Kubiak does have the edge on Wade Phillips in the category of number of seasons at the helm. Kubiak is in his fifth year with the Texans while this is Phillips’ fourth in Dallas. Don’t feel sympathetic in any way toward Phillips though. His Cowboys have more talent on their roster than Houston ever thought of having. The Cowboys have a better quarterback, better running backs, and more receiving threats. Defensively, the advantage goes to the Cowboys by a considerable margin.

more stupid stuff

Ranger Tom
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Baaaahahahahahahaha!!!

Thorn
09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I think I'll just wait for the score at the end of the game before making judgement.

pbat488
09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Just some twobit hack 'reporter' who can't get his own head far enough out of his ass to write anything worth reading.

Would suggest not reading that drivel.

houstonspartan
09-21-2010, 06:11 PM
People in Dallas generally refuse to admit that there is a city three hours south of them called Houston. They also refuse to admit that there are a billion or so other people on the planet besides themselves.

So, give that blogger a break. How are they expected to know we have one of the best wide recieving corps in the NFL? They live in a bubble called Dallas, and that's the only place that matters.

TexansForTheW
09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh man. I think I almost threw up reading that.

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Same reason people always pick the cowpies as superbowl favorites every preseason......I believe the word delusional sums it up.

TexansForTheW
09-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Same reason people always pick the cowpies as superbowl favorites every preseason......I believe the word delusional sums it up.

I don't get it at all.

Rey
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
There are a few places where the cowboys are better/have more depth than us.

Their Cb's are pretty good, and they have a deep group of RB's...

Other than that I can't really think of a place where they just pwn us talent wise.

hradhak
09-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Wait, there are people outside of Dallas? They must sit in trees and throw poo at each other, because they can't be more sophisticated than people from Dallas.

Brisco_County
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't like the Cowboys, but I think Dallas has more talent at the receiver position. Andre is better than any of them, though, and Jacoby is at least better than Roy Williams. I also think they have the best RB corps in the league, but they're clueless about how to use them. Tashard Choice should be the starter. Their O-line is crap, Romo is a talented and smart man, but isn't QB leadership material like Schaub, and Jason Witten isn't as good as Owen Daniels.

Our pass rush wasn't better than theirs last year, but it is now. We would have better LB's overall if Cushing were active. With the huge exception of Pollard, they have better DB's.

But our coach and our team are better than theirs, so we'll win this one.

TEXANRED
09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
People in Dallas generally refuse to admit that there is a city three hours south of them called Houston. They also refuse to admit that there are a billion or so other people on the planet besides themselves.

So, give that blogger a break. How are they expected to know we have one of the best wide recieving corps in the NFL? They live in a bubble called Dallas, and that's the only place that matters.

The feeling is mutual towards Dallas. In fact I consider Dallas a suburb of Oklahoma.

Dallas is Oklahoma's Canada.

DexmanC
09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I think I'll just wait for the score at the end of the game before making judgement.

The Texans have quite a few more games before I believe they're "there."
So far, so good for sure. Déme más. Quiero una victoria especialmente en
contra de los vaqueros.

Ya'll Texans need to step ya'lls Spanish game up. I've been dabblin' with it
for a while, and it's NICE.

GO TEXANS

MoCityBull
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS

U meant vaqueras?!...:)

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2010, 01:51 AM
We're coming off 9, 8,and 8 win seasons. The Cowboys are coming off 11, 9, and 13 win seasons. Even though they're 0-2 right now, they have just been killing themselves with mental mistakes and bad play calling. There's an argument that they're a more talented team than we are... even though I don't personally believe that.

If the Redskins game taught me nothing else, I'm not going to get too happy about our chances against the Cowboys until we actually beat them.

I think we can run on them and I think we can pass on them. I think that we'll be a lot more blitz happy against them than we were against McNabb but Romo, Austen, and Witten can put up some numbers. I think we can shut down their running game.

I think we win this one. I hope we win it big. But I'm not going to call someone delusional for thinking that the Cowboys have more talent at some positions or if they like their players more than they like ours.

Malloy
09-22-2010, 02:02 AM
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS

I agree completely, I want more too! :)

Joe Texan
09-22-2010, 02:13 AM
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS

Dude your in America Speak English

Cowboys Suck

imatexan
09-22-2010, 02:15 AM
I don't like the Cowboys, but I think Dallas has more talent at the receiver position. Andre is better than any of them, though, and Jacoby is at least better than Roy Williams. I also think they have the best RB corps in the league, but they're clueless about how to use them. Tashard Choice should be the starter. Their O-line is crap, Romo is a talented and smart man, but isn't QB leadership material like Schaub, and Jason Witten isn't as good as Owen Daniels.

Our pass rush wasn't better than theirs last year, but it is now. We would have better LB's overall if Cushing were active. With the huge exception of Pollard, they have better DB's.

But our coach and our team are better than theirs, so we'll win this one.

I have been saying this and will continue, I don't think anyone in the league has better WR's than us...including the 0-2 cowboys.

zanth91
09-22-2010, 03:14 AM
They're in for quite a surprise on Sunday if this is really how they think of us. :texflag:

El Tejano
09-22-2010, 08:40 AM

Me too. No Duane Brown vs. Demarcus Ware makes this game start to look pretty even.

Alot of the Cowboy fans I talk to aren't being their normal cocky self this week.

Thorn
09-22-2010, 08:46 AM
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS

Dexman, your rep was at 666, LOL. So I up'd it for you.

:lol:

GP
09-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Here's my take on where we stand with defense:

THE OPPOSING OFFENSE'S GAMEPLAN
Teams are going to do what Redskins did against us: Short, dink and dunk passes to get receptions and attempt to nickel and dime their way down the field...while mixing in the occasional deep ball.

WHY THEY WILL GAMEPLAN THAT WAY
I told you guys before the Skins game that Shanahan was going to do that. And that's what happened. Lots of three-step drops and quick slants, hitches, curls, passes to the RB out of the backfield. Hardly any deep dropbacks so that the QB doesn't end up like Peyton Manning. They figure if Manning ends up getting battered and knocked down, their QB will too if they go with a normal passing game.

ANOTHER REASON THEY WILL GAMEPLAN THAT WAY
NO team is going to effectively run on us. They're going to try to run, but they will abandon it and go fairly strictly with the passing game. I think we might end up leading the league in defense against the run. Some team will end up flirting with the idea of running on us, to their own peril.

THE RESULT
They'll end up with maybe a couple of field goals or 10 points...which means we will score at least 21 or more with our offense. Their opportunities will rely upon the Texans defenders making mistakes, such as not wrapping up during an attempted tackle or blowing a coverage, etc. If our guys can play smart football, and the front seven can handle the trenches, we'll see our offense going on extended drives and putting up points. Especially with Arian Foster out there.

That's my hunch, We might become a Ravens-type of defense, but I am shaky on the CB and Free Safety situation. I think Jackson can grow into a better CB. He's just a plain old rookie out there, fellas. Gotta remember that. We need a more athletic and self-assured Free Safety, though. Pollard, though a bit of a liability in coverage, is still the guy you want roaming the field and making WRs remember that he's out there lurking. The psychological effect, ala Roy Williams (the secondary guy, not the boneheaded WR), is tremendous.

Dread-Head
09-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Ladies and gents it's time for a good old fashioned, deep downhome, country boy, 'what you say about my mama?' aaaaaass-whippin'?

Texas T
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Here's my take on where we stand with defense:

THE OPPOSING OFFENSE'S GAMEPLAN
Teams are going to do what Redskins did against us: Short, dink and dunk passes to get receptions and attempt to nickel and dime their way down the field...while mixing in the occasional deep ball.

WHY THEY WILL GAMEPLAN THAT WAY
I told you guys before the Skins game that Shanahan was going to do that. And that's what happened. Lots of three-step drops and quick slants, hitches, curls, passes to the RB out of the backfield. Hardly any deep dropbacks so that the QB doesn't end up like Peyton Manning. They figure if Manning ends up getting battered and knocked down, their QB will too if they go with a normal passing game.

ANOTHER REASON THEY WILL GAMEPLAN THAT WAY
NO team is going to effectively run on us. They're going to try to run, but they will abandon it and go fairly strictly with the passing game. I think we might end up leading the league in defense against the run. Some team will end up flirting with the idea of running on us, to their own peril.

THE RESULT
They'll end up with maybe a couple of field goals or 10 points...which means we will score at least 21 or more with our offense. Their opportunities will rely upon the Texans defenders making mistakes, such as not wrapping up during an attempted tackle or blowing a coverage, etc. If our guys can play smart football, and the front seven can handle the trenches, we'll see our offense going on extended drives and putting up points. Especially with Arian Foster out there.

That's my hunch, We might become a Ravens-type of defense, but I am shaky on the CB and Free Safety situation. I think Jackson can grow into a better CB. He's just a plain old rookie out there, fellas. Gotta remember that. We need a more athletic and self-assured Free Safety, though. Pollard, though a bit of a liability in coverage, is still the guy you want roaming the field and making WRs remember that he's out there lurking. The psychological effect, ala Roy Williams (the secondary guy, not the boneheaded WR), is tremendous.

Excellent job-my view also.

...must spread rep...

spurstexanstros
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Me too. No Duane Brown vs. Demarcus Ware makes this game start to look pretty even.

Alot of the Cowboy fans I talk to aren't being their normal cocky self this week.

oh but they will be if they win ...count on it.

Stemp
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
oh but they will be if they win ...count on it.

And they will be out of excuses if they don't.

drs23
09-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Ladies and gents it's time for a good old fashioned, deep downhome, country boy, 'what you say about my mama?' aaaaaass-whippin'?

I agree 100% Mr. Headdington. As others have mentioned though, our secondary needs to gel. The sooner, the better. I'd still like to see Troy Nolan roaming back there with sticky fingers. I just have a gut feeling that he can be a game changer. Watched the replay last night and just saw Wilson out of place or positioned incorrectly too many times.

If they come out and play like they did against them in PS or against the Colts then I think that good 'ol fashioned ass whoopin' is in store.

And, Matty, please no picks while the RBs hold on the the spheroid!

Texan_Bill
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Cowboys Suck

He said that for the benefit of some vaqueros fans.

eriadoc
09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Blogs like this just set the average Dallas fan up for disappointment. So I personally view it as a service to Texans fans. By setting unrealistic expectations among Dallas fans, the blogger is serving to increase the angst in their fanbase once they lose to us this week.

HOU-TEX
09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Cowboys or not, this game scares the crap out of me. I just don't have a good feeling about this one. Can someone please punch me in my nads

Texas T
09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Cowboys or not, this game scares the crap out of me. I just don't have a good feeling about this one. Can someone please punch me in my nads

Done!!

Actually that's how I felt last week. So much so that I admitted it to one of the 'skins fans while we were standing in line for food and watching the game on one of the screens.
Luckily I was wrong and so will you be!!
Now back to the positive thoughts.

Vinnie
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I can't believe I just read that entire blog post. If I wanted to read Homer I'd take a mythology class.

This game does scare me but for none of the reasons that nitwit posted. I'm more worried about Matt's left side now and him getting injured. That would be catastrophic. We'll need to get the run going early, often and effective. That would make me feel much better.

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Vegas is listing the Texans as a 3-point favorite with the total set at 47.5.

axman40
09-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I am the only one who thinks title is redundant?

:kitten:

V3rm0nt3r
09-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Cowboys Suck

Dude you're in America, speak English.*

Dude you speak English, learn how to write it.:)

The "Cowboys Suck" part is grammatically spotless though.

LEATHERHEAD
09-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Hey that`s Joe Texan. That is real english for him.:chili:Dallas SUCKS

GuerillaBlack
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Dude you're in America, speak English.*

Dude you speak English, learn how to write it.:)

The "Cowboys Suck" part is grammatically spotless though.

Nicely done.

HTown2ATX
09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Typical dumbassed So. Oklahoma thinking.

Dallas = GOD's blindspot

:kitten: