PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard

Pollardized
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I know some will be down on BP because of his cover skills, but he was never known to be a 1-on-1 cover man. But what he brings to a defense, and the team as a whole, is immeasurable. The blocked FG try, a stop when it's absolutely needed, he just seems to be there. And I really believe he elevates the play of guys like Mario. I think he and Andre are the "heart" of our little team.

If we don't sign Pollard to a long term deal I will be very disappointed.

Jackie Chiles
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm more worried about Eugene Wilson in coverage. I saw him show up one time when he dropped a pick. Bernard makes his plays one way or another, we can't have an invisible FS all year though.

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I know some will be down on BP because of his cover skills, but he was never known to be a 1-on-1 cover man. But what he brings to a defense, and the team as a whole, is immeasurable. The blocked FG try, a stop when it's absolutely needed, he just seems to be there. And I really believe he elevates the play of guys like Mario. I think he and Andre are the "heart" of our little team.

Oh I have a feeling he will get resigned. He is the man, and the front office notices when certain players become fan favorites. Pollard has easily became one, he will get his money. Hopefully he retires a Texan.

FirstTexansFan
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM

Not to mention, you would have to change your name <grin>

ArlingtonTexan
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Pollard is an attitude player. For those who believe intangibles and all that stuff, he is that type of difference maker. The Texans defense especially against the pass has flaws, but the days of us not being physical and aggressive seem to be over and methinks that is Pollardization.

Dutchrudder
09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Pollard is just as good as Laron Landry. Landry is better in coverage but both are the soul of the D on their teams. They both get all over the field and help their teammates out on tackles. It was really great to watch both of these safties play today.
I hope they sign pollard for good money and 5 years, he deserves it.

PapaL
09-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Pollard does his job. Give him his money.

As for our other Safety...how soon can we get someone else in there?

PapaL
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
*Edit*
Another double post.

Hooston Texan
09-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Not me! After watching some of the worst safety play imaginable during the first seven years and 3 games of the Texans' existence, it is so nice to finally have a safety who's good at something. Yeah, Pollard is a bit rough in coverage, but his strengths are exactly what we need from one of the safeties.

Plus, his intensity (along with Cushing's and A.Smith's) have really turned this into a tough unit defense that offenses no longer look forward to facing. We may give up yards, but we have the hombre's now to make folks pay for those gains.

Houston_Fanatic
09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Pollard is hands down my favorite player on the team. I love his attitude and he is a spark plug for the team.

I also liked how he came over to the fence to talk to the kids in training camp. He didn't pay much attention to the adults - it was the kids he was fousing on.

Ryan
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
His intensity and fire is more than enough to this team to make up for the mediocre coverage skills...

That being said Eugene's days look numbered.

JustinK4404
09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Totally agree on Pollard, the stats don't show it, especially in coverage, but he is so big for our defense

spurstexanstros
09-19-2010, 11:41 PM
pollard= man possesed

MEGA SWATT
09-19-2010, 11:42 PM
He made several key plays, he is the man.

mattieuk
09-19-2010, 11:46 PM
The only thing coming out of this game for sure is that Pollard is getting paid.

Well, that happens every game, but y'know.

El Tejano
09-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Pollard does his job. Give him his money.

As for our other Safety...how soon can we get someone else in there?

Troy Nolan has just let the coach know, that he can play FS too.

Blazin' Toro
09-20-2010, 12:26 AM
I love Pollard he is definitely a beast. You have Dre who doesn't get up in your face but shows you down with his impeccable ability to play football and then you have your Pollard who gets in your face, tell you what's on his mind and THEN backs it up with a beastly play on defense, hahaha. :boxing:

wagonhed
09-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Pollard does amazing things for our defense.... now imagine what we are going to look like when Cushing comes back in in Week 5. Scary.

Blazin' Toro
09-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Teams will be limping off the field once Cushing, Williams and Pollard are done with them *crack knuckles*

Carr Bombed
09-20-2010, 12:42 AM
This team made a mistake not signing Pollard last season.... The guy makes key plays every week.

He just needs a ballhawking FS next to him.

Line_Producer
09-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Dear Mr. Pollard,
Thank you for blocking the field goal that prevented the Skins from getting a ten point lead. You singe handedly insured our chances of tying the game. Bless you.

Love,
-Trip

silvrhand
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Dear Mr. Pollard,
Thank you for blocking the field goal that prevented the Skins from getting a ten point lead. You singe handedly insured our chances of tying the game. Bless you.

Love,
-Trip

ROFL, come on he came back but man his coverage skills in the first half were non existent.

hradhak
09-20-2010, 08:42 AM
ROFL, come on he came back but man his coverage skills in the first half were non existent.

I'm wondering if the receivers being so wide open was a fault of the secondary and not just BP. It seemed like no one knew who to cover.