PDA

View Full Version : Server/Site Issues

Hookem Horns
09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I apologize for the issues with the site and server. The Texans being successful is causing a lot of interest which is resulting into a lot of traffic. The load is dogging and crashing the server. I will be looking this week into what we need to do to carry this new load. We are on a pretty high end server however if we have to go into something even more high end I will take those steps. Thanks for your patience.

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 08:32 PM
I apologize for the issues with the site and server. The Texans being successful is causing a lot of interest which is resulting into a lot of traffic. The load is dogging and crashing the server. I will be looking this week into what we need to do to carry this new load. We are on a pretty high end server however if we have to go into something even more high end I will take those steps. Thanks for your patience.

Will it cost you more money?

Joe Texan
kevin we know you only give us the Best Thank You

PockyAF
Go away bandwagoners!

Nah, jking. But, really, stop making our site slow.

Hookem Horns
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Will it cost you more money?

Yep

Heath Shuler
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all you do.

FirstTexansFan
09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Yep
Put the number out there Kevin, I'm ready, willing, and able to help.

Hardcore Texan
09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Yep

Maybe we need a fundraiser of sorts.

spurstexanstros
09-19-2010, 08:38 PM

keep up great work 342 on mainsite 242 here wow.( as soon as I get a job..I am donating.

HouSportsWriter
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
keep up great work 342 on mainsite 242 here wow.( as soon as I get a job..I am donating.

same... worrying about school first this year ....job can wait

keep up the good work

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Yep

K then we will help all we can. I will contribute. Anyone else?

HouSportsWriter
09-19-2010, 08:44 PM
i will if its like fundraising and if i get the ok from parents

:edit:

900th post

GP
09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I knew it. When I couldn't get in, I knew it.

We done blew up like we going out of style.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Hookem Horns
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I need to check with my tech people to see what needs to be done. I know we are getting a ton of traffic however we are on a dedicated server. I am very surprised that the current server is not handling the load appropriately.

Does anyone know when the server started dogging out? I wasn't on during the game. I noticed it was down after the game.

FirstTexansFan
09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I need to check with my tech people to see what needs to be done. I know we are getting a ton of traffic however we are on a dedicated server. I am very surprised that the current server is not handling the load appropriately.

Does anyone know when the server started dogging out? I wasn't on during the game. I noticed it was down after the game.

It was going up and down during the game, we always seemed to make a comeback when it was down... not blaming TT for that, but I'm thinking it kept the negativity from being posted and contaminating the good karma :)

kiwitexansfan
09-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Go away bandwagoners!

Says the guy who joined last month and has less than 100 posts...... :fingergun:

Let us know what you need Hookem', all of us really appreciate what you do and will do what we can to make sure things keep rolling along.

drewmar74
09-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Seems to be running much better now.....

mattieuk
09-19-2010, 10:10 PM

It was especially bad just after the game finished. Probably started about 10 minutes after the final FG.

Vinnie
09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Yep, definitely right after the game was the worst and happened continuosly after. I was bounced just a little while ago.

CloakNNNdagger
09-20-2010, 09:49 AM

Kevin,

I wonder if there is not more than a traffic issue. Last week, on several separate days, the same issues were going on for brief periods in the middle of the day.........slow or none loading. These would not be during high usage times nor the later evening hours where "maintenance time" would be expected.

Corrosion
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM

It was slow much of last week .... I thought it was something on my end , guess not.

Thanks Kev. best fan forum on the web. :chickendance:

drewmar74
09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Kevin,

I wonder if there is not more than a traffic issue. Last week, on several separate days, the same issues were going on for brief periods in the middle of the day.........slow or none loading. These would not be during high usage times nor the later evening hours where "maintenance time" would be expected.

CND makes a good point. I noticed some of the same issues last week but had forgotten....

Vinnie
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Kevin,

It was the US government trying to take us out! The game was being played in DC afterall!

(que X-Files intro music)

CloakNNNdagger
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
The server has been acting up in the past 5 minutes.

Vinnie
09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
They saw my post! I'm getting my tin foil hat ready.

Hookem Horns
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
One of our members who is a server tech is going to look at the issue tonight. He is going to run a test on the server tonight and feels he might be able to address the issue. Vbulletin could be causing the issue. Once it gets overloaded one time it can cause continous problems.

Blake
09-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Redskins fans...

drewmar74
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Getting VBulletin error pages now....

FirstTexansFan
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok, I've had to go slumming over to those "official" forums today, I'm ready to pay any amount to never have to do that again... my F'in eyes are bleeding!! Ignorance runs amuck, and IQ's are at an all time low... Please have mercy and let me know what you need monetarily to fix the issues :)