PDA

View Full Version : Give the Redskins some props thread

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I underestimated them, easily a playoff team.

powerfuldragon
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
mcnabb ain't gone yet.. wore the soles off my feet with all the pacing during that 4th and overtime...

Brandon420tx
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't think anyone should take back anything they've said from the previous week.

However, They looked extremely improved in this game. Legit team imo

Revolution
I knew he still had it, but I didn't know he still had IT! Of course, we didn't get any pressure on him until the 4th quarter!

Gymrat2005

Eh, they dont need our props, their forums were filled with "Fu*K the texans threads,They let a 27-10 Lead fade away at home. We wanted it more.

BUT, props to their coaching staff, bashing them would be like bashing Kubiak.

Brandon420tx
09-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Ok Redskins fans, please leave our MB, your ghosting is overloading our servers.

218 guests and I can barely open up a thread :kitten:

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Well some of their fans were here and showed Respect so I will give it back.

Thorn
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I posted in a few threads on their board, and was being nice, so they were nice back. But I didn't get into any of their ****** Texans threads.

Props to the coaching staff of the Redskins, the NFL hasn't heard the last of them. And I'm thinking, how great would it be if the Super Bowl in Dallas had the hated Redskins in Jerry's house along with that other Texas team down I45. Wouldn't that be a kick in Jerry's ass. LOLOLOL

Maddict5
09-19-2010, 07:52 PM
they're not if trent is done. heyer was pretty bad. very solid team though still- at least 8ish wins

GuerillaBlack
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Props to McNabb (though, we didn't get any pressure on him until the second half).

Stemp
09-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I tried but they don't want to hear it.

LOTS of sore losers over there. No respect for us. Its like they lost to the Lions or Bears.

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Were a better team. I think we just beat a good team as well.

beerlover
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Redskins mangaged to play well enough to win without a running game.

Malloy
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Def. props to the Skins, they provided me with one of the very most nervewrecking experiences ever! :)

Stemp
09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Redskins mangaged to play well enough to win without a running game.

Kinda like us last year.

Grid
09-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah I saw your thread stemp. Must be a yankee thing.. they think that good sportsmanship is an asshole thing to do hah :D.

I was tempted to make an account there and give them props on a well played game as well.. but when I did it I really WOULD have been trolling so I decided to just let them sit over there and be bitter by themselves.

Stemp
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah I saw your thread stemp. Must be a yankee thing.. they think that good sportsmanship is an asshole thing to do hah :D.

I was tempted to make an account there and give them props on a well played game as well.. but when I did it I really WOULD have been trolling so I decided to just let them sit over there and be bitter by themselves.

The admin even closed the thread.

I don't think I've ever seen so many (though some do) of our posters act like bitchy little girls after a loss and snipe at a well-wishing opposing fans.

ATRAIN
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Possibly the Winners from the NFC east. Great game skins. See yall in Febuary!! :)

Lucky
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I'll give the Skins props after they beat the Colts, Titans, and Jags.

Austrian
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
You have to give credit where credit is due. Congratulations Redskins for an epic game. You have a very good football team, give Shannahan some time and you are a contender. I wish you good luck for the rest of the year and whoop the Cowboys again!!

Texan4Ever
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Props to McNaab. Never had decent WRs in Philly and now with Shanny & Co. he will shine and strut his stuff. Their 3-4 D is solid and brought me back down to reality (I thought we would destroy the Skins')

PockyAF
09-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Their defense is legit and McNabb is starting to mesh with his receivers, with tremendous help from our own K-Jack and co. This was exactly what I feared would happen last week. However, I was feeling more comfortable and confident after watching the letdown game between the Cowboys and them.

Their WR's couldn't catch worth a lick in that game, beside Moss. Their D was good, but I felt we could have ran efficiently against them with our new found gem in Foster.

That obviously didn't happened today, and they took it to us for 3 quarters. McNabb was just tremendous today, then again he was going against out DBs.

Props to them. They're only going to get better as they continue to get used to their new systems and keep gelling with each other. I have a feeling they'll be #2 in their division, behind NY, and might get into the playoffs as a wildcard. If you're a skin fan, you should be elated, because there is many great years ahead of you with Shanahan at the helm.

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Landry looks like a career probowler. Great playmaker.

Nawzer
09-19-2010, 08:17 PM
McNabb was great today without a running game. His receivers aren't as good as ours, but still he made them look good with some great passes. He's always been a great player and a class act. Easily one of my favorite current NFL players.

redskins11
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Well i guess this thread is as good as any to post my post.

nicely done texans, my girl almost had an heartattack.

to the poster who said the skins cant win this game, only the texans could lose it was wrong and premature in attitude.

we had a 27 - 10 led in 3rd quarter, had a fg blocked with 6 mins left that would have made it a 2 possession game then missed a 52 yarder in OT which gano made right before the freeze.

i can say this without argument, the skins lost this game, the texans found a way to win which great teams need to pull off.

congrats, kudos, enjoy it, its earned and chalked up as a W.

with that said I have noticed a change in your fan base. you went from likable and grounded to a bit arrogant. i fear if you guys get any taste of success you will follow the path of other "from the basement to the top" teams like the pats. enjoy. well earned. i love this site and find myself a texans supporter. you got great posters and fans, you will have to fight hard to keep that same sense of self which i fear will be lost with any sustained length of success.

atleast you were here from the beginning. man, enjoy your season, you might be in for a ride of your life.

ps - im puttin an offer on a house of my dreams tomorrow so this man cant be touched right now!

congrats congrats do some damage this year!:clap::clap::chickendance: i hope, and assume given our fanbases general like for your team and the overall excitement from the game, that your fans made it out safely and happy out of fed ex.

man what a game. WTF!

Rey
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Great Job skins...Ya'll played a hell of a game...

GP
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Always a fan of McNabb except when he plays us.

He mixed in all types of throws today. Even if we had lost, I'd still be here saying all this. The guy found his rhythm this week, after looking lost last Sunday night vs. Cowboys.

If they get a ground game going, they will be GOOD.

And, Derrick Armstrong (former WTAMU Buffaloes WR out of my alma mater) for the Skins is the 3rd WR on their team. He made some plays today. So it's all good for me.

redskins11
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM

to the poster who said the skins cant win this game, only the texans could lose it was wrong and premature in attitude.

we had a 27 - 10 led in 3rd quarter, had a fg blocked with 6 mins left that would have made it a 2 possession game then missed a 52 yarder in OT which gano made right before the freeze.

i can say this without argument, the skins lost this game, the texans found a way to win which great teams need to pull off.

with that said I have noticed a change in your fan base. you went from likable and grounded to a bit arrogant. i fear if you guys get any taste of success you will follow the path of other "from the basement to the top" teams like the pats. enjoy. well earned. i love this site and find myself a texans supporter. you got great posters and fans, you will have to fight hard to keep that same sense of self which i fear will be lost with any sustained length of success.

atleast you were here from the beginning. man, enjoy your season, you might be in for a ride of your life.

ps - im puttin an offer on a house of my dreams tomorrow so this man cant be touched right now!

congrats congrats do some damage this year!:clap::clap::chickendance: i hope, and assume given our fanbases general like for your team and the overall excitement from the game, that your fans made it out safely and happy out of fed ex.

man what a game. WTF!

Stemp
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
McNabb still has the juice. I didn't think he still had IT. You guys will be a force in the NFC East.

BTW, whichever one of your posters said "We need to make the Texas beat us through the air", needs to be careful what he wishes for.

GO TEXANS!

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Didn't Orakpo talk about making us beat them through the air. Good to see that passing game. I would like to see Owen Daniels be more involved though.

Landry plays wreckless out there. He reminds me of Pollard.

Haslett's blitzing is what killed him. How in the world do you leave Andre Johnson in single coverage on 4th and 10.

mattieuk
09-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Mad props to the Redskins. It takes two to make a classic, and although they came up short, they played us hard. Heck, that FG kick was clutch from Gono - unlucky for him about the Time Out, but that was a ballsy kick for a rookie.

McNabb is a top ten quarterback in this league. Orakpo is looking like a great addition as well.

Man, great game all around.

pbat488
09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
The one thing I took away most from this game (and from the past two years) is that Kyle Shanahan might be the best game-planner offensively speaking in the NFL, he just needs to learn how to adjust better in game. I thought this when he was our OC and now as the 'Skins but he needs to figure out when and how to adjust his game-plan to account for what the opposing team is doing and he will be a top OC in no time.

With that said, great game 'Skins, really made our guys dig deep and wish you all the luck the rest of the year, especially against the Colts, Jags, and Tits!

:fans:

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
If the Redskins had a running game they would have won the game, hmm they remind me of this other team that I think most of us should be familiar with?

euro-Texan
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I never saw the game being that close, but I'm glad we were able to find a way to win in the end. I feel the skins fan's pain, but i'm impressed that we had a 17pt comeback for a change

spurstexanstros
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM

man what a game. WTF!

my dad is a transplanted redskins fan and he told me know way anyone in my #%$% house is rooting for the Cowboys, so he took me to Oilers games and I had the pleasure to take him to his first Texans game last week. Of course I called him to give him grief but he was amped on the Texans win.. he pointed out that next week is the real game..gotta love him.

All in all great game...I am so pumped for my team if they lost I was going to take pride that they battled back.

Great day to be a Texans fan. (342 users on mainsite 242 here) wow.

Jackie Chiles
09-19-2010, 09:36 PM
McNabb seriously has our number, hes gotta be retired the next time we play the Skins, right?

Insanely excited about this game but I really feel for the fans in Washington today, we have been on the other end of games like this and it just sucks. Good luck the rest of the season.

hradhak
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm curious to what Philly fans think. I have a feeling Philly was ok to trade McNabb to a division rival because they didn't think he would be as good as he was during his prime.
McNabb had flashes of brilliance today, especially when they flashed the "22 game winning drives in the last 2 minutes/OT". He is a special player and Washington is lucky to have him.

I think with Shanahanx2 he is going to make Washington a perennial playff contender.

Landry is also a beast of a player. Did he even drop back in coverage? or was he just a blitzing "linebacker".

Giant Tiger
09-19-2010, 10:26 PM

Strange, Redskins fans up here have class; I'd rather talk with them than Buffalo fans who actually believe they own Ontario :twocents:

Pantherstang84
09-19-2010, 10:54 PM
my dad is a transplanted redskins fan and he told me know way anyone in my #%$% house is rooting for the Cowboys, so he took me to Oilers games and I had the pleasure to take him to his first Texans game last week. Of course I called him to give him grief but he was amped on the Texans win.. he pointed out that next week is the real game..gotta love him.

All in all great game...I am so pumped for my team if they lost I was going to take pride that they battled back.

Great day to be a Texans fan. (342 users on mainsite 242 here) wow.

Yes. The bandwagon is getting full.

Ryan
09-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I'll give the Skins props after they beat the Colts, Titans, and Jags.

this.

Hervoyel
09-19-2010, 11:00 PM
There wasn't a doubt in my mind that the Redskins would be a tough game for us and I really did believe that it would be a loss prior to the game today. I just thought that despite all that crap being said about familiarity between coaching staffs canceling itself out Shannahan Inc. would have some surprises waiting for us. That plus the Redskins have good personnel and you just know that once they get that offense (and Haslett's defense) down they're going to be a force. Fat Albert means nothing. They don't even need his expensive cheeseburger eating ass to be good. They have players and unless he's ready to step up and be the player he can be they'll let him rot or kick him to the curb.

Last time Kubiak faced his old sensei the Texans won with relative ease, this time the old master almost got us. Once that team gets its gel on they're going to be dangerous folks.

Jeff S.
09-19-2010, 11:01 PM

You guys will be fine. Did we luck into a win? Yeah, luck fell on our side this time, it fell against us in about five games last year. In a close, hard-fought game, it's just a fact that the bounce of the ball will probably decide it.

But what bothers me about what I've read over on some of your sites is that some Skins fans are already trashing Shanny & Co. Come on, ya'll have only played two games! It's taken Kubiak and Smith, what, four years to get to this point? And there were plenty of people who wanted him fired as late as this last training camp. Hell, I'm sure there are still some people around here who want him fired.

So give Shanahan some time, and be glad you guys got McNabb--that dude can flat out ball.

MEGA SWATT
09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
congrats skins, great game. but glad u lost:thisbig:

thunderkyss
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM

I'm not going that far yet. 16 games is a long, long season. Do they have the depth to get it done? Do they have the mentality to keep it together? Do they have the depth to finish?

Denver & New York started last year 5-0... didn't go anywhere.

I will give them some props though. Their defense is something else. If Jim Haslett could have done that in St Louis or New Orleans, he'd still be a head coach.

kiwitexansfan
09-19-2010, 11:32 PM
McNab is still an elite QB, he has one of the best arms in the game, period.

That makes any offense he runs dangerous.

TexansForTheW
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm not going that far yet. 16 games is a long, long season. Do they have the depth to get it done? Do they have the mentality to keep it together? Do they have the depth to finish?

Denver & New York started last year 5-0... didn't go anywhere.

I will give them some props though. Their defense is something else. If Jim Haslett could have done that in St Louis or New Orleans, he'd still be a head coach.

The Cowboys are not playing well, the Eagles can not stop the run or protect the QB and the Giants are an average team. The Redskins with McNabb should win that division. There defense is beast, even though Andre and Kevin toasted them. If Trent Williams comes back soon they should be fine and I think they will make the playoffs. As we saw today, there offense is actually pretty good.

09-19-2010, 11:53 PM
http://images.chron.com/photos/2010/09/19/23362658/600xPopupGallery.jpg

beerlover
09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
The Cowboys are not playing well, the Eagles can not stop the run or protect the QB and the Giants are an average team. The Redskins with McNabb should win that division. There defense is beast, even though Andre and Kevin toasted them. If Trent Williams comes back soon they should be fine and I think they will make the playoffs. As we saw today, there offense is actually pretty good.

their whole division is in flux, should be interesting. I wonder if the Texans run defense is really that good (do you realize the Texans are currently ranked 2nd in NFL rush defense allowing only 31 yds. per game) or Washington is really that bad running the ball (ranked 30th in NFL 53.5 yds. per game)? AS we know all too well it takes time to get your offensive line straighten'ed out, Shanahan did use their #1 pick on an outstanding LT in Trent Williams (hope he is not hurt too bad?) so he knows what they must do to win that division.

TexansForTheW
09-20-2010, 12:12 AM
their whole division is in flux, should be interesting. I wonder if the Texans run defense is really that good (do you realize the Texans are currently ranked 2nd in NFL rush defense allowing only 31 yds. per game) or Washington is really that bad running the ball (ranked 30th in NFL 53.5 yds. per game)? AS we know all too well it takes time to get your offensive line straighten'ed out, Shanahan did use their #1 pick on an outstanding LT in Trent Williams (hope he is not hurt too bad?) so he knows what they must do to win that division.

I will def root for the Redskins throughout the year, they are a very likeable team. Crazy how Trent's last play is the one where he gets owned by Mario and if your on the field watch out for Antonio Smith. Took out Barwin last week and took out Williams this week, the guy throws his body around. PS that personal foul on McNabb was WEAK.

Andrew6
09-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Redskins played a hell of a game. They always play well against the Texans. I remember the last time they came to Houston and gave us a thumping. With that being said I hope my heart will slow down a bit in the next few days to have a break before the cowpies game. Sheeezzzum Texans trying to fill up that Memorial hospital.

Jeff S.
09-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I wonder if the Texans run defense is really that good (do you realize the Texans are currently ranked 2nd in NFL rush defense allowing only 31 yds. per game) or Washington is really that bad running the ball (ranked 30th in NFL 53.5 yds. per game)?

Leaving out the awful first three games of last year, for the last 13 games the Texans were in the top 5 in rushing defense, IIRC. So yeah, I think we can say they're pretty good against the run.

Corrosion
09-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Props to McNabb (though, we didn't get any pressure on him until the second half).

That you have to give props to their coaching staff for - they had a great gameplan. Lots of mis-direction and they took advantage of the Texans OLB's and DE's being very aggresive up the field as well as a lot of plays where McNabb took a three step drop and the ball was gone .... Very difficult to get any pressure on the QB when he has the ball for a second and a half or less.

In the first series alone - the WR screen and the quick pass to the FB Sellers come to mind right away.

I didnt think they were a very good team after watching them against the Cowpies .... they made a believer out of me with what they did Sunday.
McNabb still has something left and if not for their lack of a running game (Or the Texans Run D being so good?) they likely win that one ....

If they can find a running game they may very well be the class of the NFC East.

their I wonder if the Texans run defense is really that good (do you realize the Texans are currently ranked 2nd in NFL rush defense allowing only 31 yds. per game) or Washington is really that bad running the ball (ranked 30th in NFL 53.5 yds. per game)?

Did you watch the .... Dolts / Giants game ? The Dolts were able to run all over NY , I think the Texans run D is just that good ....