PDA

View Full Version : How many snaps do the new DEs get wk 2?

TheRealJoker
09-18-2010, 05:47 PM
I assume we signed Denney to fill Barwin's role on special teams and Ogunleye for his reps on defense. How many snaps do you think we'll get these guys this week? I doubt we activate both until they are both up to speed, I see Nading getting the lion's share of the work this week. Ogunleye has performed better than Denney over their respective careers, but Denney is more familiar with the system we run due to the Kollar connection.

I see Ogunleye activated this week and getting 15 snaps. Will either be a contributor for us this early? Do you think they will help out the team over the course of the season or is it up to Nading to fill in Barwin's role on the team?

JB
09-18-2010, 05:48 PM
I think that Kubiak said earlier that Denney would probably play this week and Wally probably not. I'll try to find the quotes.

edit: Ok, I found it and it is not quite what I thought I remembered.

(on how DEs Ryan Denney and Adewale Ogunleye are adapting) “They’re fine. We probably have to make a decision on which one we think can help us the most the weekend. I don’t know if both of them will be up. We’ll have to see, but they’re really the same type of guy. I think (DE Ryan) Denney has caught up a little faster cause he’s been with (assistant head coach/defensive line) Bill (Kollar) before. Wally (DE Adewale Ogunleye) too has run the same schemes. I think these guys will be able to help us hopefully sooner than later.”

Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Quotes-Thursday-practice/a4153554-50fe-4b8c-b085-07bad6603a28)

Rey
09-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I think one of these guys gets dropped when Cush comes back.