PDA

View Full Version : The Texans O-Line confidential

TexansForTheW
09-17-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-oline-confidential/09000d5d81a9ddb9/O-Line-Confidential-Texans-WK-1

Good to know our guys are not going to go in there lightly.

thunderkyss
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
That was really cool.

Carr Bombed
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
For some reason the video is not working for me.

Texan_Bill
09-17-2010, 11:16 PM
CB, Whaaaaa?? I kinda gotta woody!

Carr Bombed
09-17-2010, 11:18 PM
nvm got it to work.....great video.

utahmark
09-17-2010, 11:18 PM
that was cool... thanks!

barrett
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Great find! Thanks for posting!

Malloy
09-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Aww... Duane looking timid, not used to the camera ;)

DexmanC
09-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Aww... Duane looking timid, not used to the camera ;)

It's amazing how these guys look like timid Rhodes Scholars in the restaurant,
but become monsters on the football field. I noticed the same thing with
Mario. He was taunting and menacing Peyton all game long before the snap,
yet soft spoken at the press conference.

Austrian
09-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Little off topic, but Brett Helms looked uncomfortable sandwiched in between Winston an Brown. He finished his beer very quickly.

Texas T
09-18-2010, 08:03 AM
That vid actually makes me feel better.
I know no one looked too excited (I'm betting it was the camera) but the words were awesome.
I'm sooooooooo excited to see how they play this week.

Go Texans!!

Scooter
09-18-2010, 08:46 AM
drunk posting, again ...

hradhak
09-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting that.
That was nice to see. I thought the O line had its best game in Texans history and I'm glad to see that they were fairly humble about it. They admitted mistakes and know that the Redskins D is gonna be different from the Colts. I think they're gonna have a good showing against the Redskins.

thunderkyss
09-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for posting that.
That was nice to see. I thought the O line had its best game in Texans history and I'm glad to see that they were fairly humble about it. They admitted mistakes and know that the Redskins D is gonna be different from the Colts. I think they're gonna have a good showing against the Redskins.

I like how they feel even tough they may make a mistake, Foster will take up the slack.

I also like how they mentioned Foster's line on 4th & 1, "this play will define us, right here!"

That's leadership.

BSofA04
09-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Repped. Thanks for posting this video. I love the attitude of our linemen!

TexansForTheW
09-18-2010, 10:37 AM
If there is one thing you have to like about our team, they are not prima donnas like the Jets locker room. They respect the game and make it enjoyable to watch. Looks like we have a mature group of guys and that makes me comfortable that our team will not have a letdown on Sunday.

Jeff S.
09-18-2010, 10:58 AM
If there is one thing you have to like about our team, they are not prima donnas like the Jets locker room. They respect the game and make it enjoyable to watch. Looks like we have a mature group of guys and that makes me comfortable that our team will not have a letdown on Sunday.

Right, and I think you've got to give some props to Smithiak for that. There's always some fans who are saying "we need some thugs/prima donnas" but how did those guys get to be known as thugs? By putting themselves first, that's how. I think some people think if you're a high character guy and put the game and team first, you're some kind of wimp or at the very least not as tough as a screwup. What those people are missing is that if you look hard enough and know what you're doing, you can find tough guys who won't quit, AND have high character.

Winston is freaking huge, btw. Did you see him standing next to Foster in one of those clips from the Colts game? He made Foster look like Holliday.

TexansForTheW
09-18-2010, 11:05 AM
6ft 7 300+ pounds of man. I bet he is a hard one to move.

raw10628
09-18-2010, 12:34 PM
This must have been filmed on Thursday because I saw Duane Brown, Caldwell, and Studdard out on Washington Ave that night and they were wearing the same exact clothes as the video. They were some good dudes.

painekiller
09-18-2010, 02:57 PM
CB, Whaaaaa?? I kinda gotta woody!

I would not have said it that way, but yea that is the coolest video. I love the attitude, the veteran leadership, and the friendship they have for each other. This is the 1st time since the Matthews, Munchak, Steinkuhler days that we have had an OL in this town like this.

Believe it or not they were one of the top pass blocking groups, and now they seems to have the right scheme and bodies with experience in place to take this offense forward.

Kubiak has the skill guys and the power guys to match up against almost everyone on offense.

Big Lou
09-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Damn about half way in to that video they showed the O Line breaking from the huddle and walking the line in slow mo. They looked like STUDS!!!!!!

SteveSlaton20
09-19-2010, 01:19 AM
awesome video

hope they play even better tomorrow.

GuerillaBlack
09-19-2010, 08:30 AM
"City is waiting, bro."

They understand.

thunderkyss
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Nobody puts the confidential in O-Line like the Houston Texans.

TexansForTheW
09-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Duane Brown looks angry in this video, is it from his steroid rages or the fact at that point he knew that was going to be his last game until the Colts game.

Austrian
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Another segment with the Texans o-line (http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d81ac7774/O-Line-Confidential-Texans)

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
The Miami Texans (http://www.foxsportshouston.com/09/24/10/TEXANS-NOTES-Preparing-for-Cowboys-tight/landing.html?blockID=317553&feedID=3714)

The Texans have five players from the University of Miami (Fl.) on the roster, and four of those will be starting on offense on Sunday - wide receiver Andre Johnson, right tackle Eric Winston, center Chris Myers and now left tackle Rashad Butler. Rookie linebacker Darryl Sharpton if the fifth player from Miami.

Since starting left tackle Duane Brown is suspended for four games for failing substance test, Butler will fill in as the third starting offensive lineman out of Miami. Winston, Myers and Butler were never healthy at the same time when they played at Miami, but they’ll have the opportunity to play together and be the Miami Texans on Sunday.