PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard MNF at House of Blues

pissknocker
09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Did you guys know about this? I just received this email from HoB. Apparently it started last MNF.

I cant get the link to work but here's what is reads:

Bernard Pollard Show Each Monday Night at House of Blues at Houston Pavilions

Come hang with Texans safety Bernard Pollard and the 610 crew in the Bronze peacock room each Monday Night Football. Food, cheap drink specials Big screens. No cover.Doors open at 5pm

TEXANS84
09-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I listened to his show on Monday night, and I was very impressed.
Bernard is a very well spoken man, with very intelligent conversations (Purdue)and of course..funny as hell.

False Start
09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Loved the BP Hour!

http://a.imageshack.us/img59/1530/pollardmccainpee.jpg

Photo courtesy of Frak The Jags

hookinreds
09-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I listened to his show on Monday night, and I was very impressed.
Bernard is a very well spoken man, with very intelligent conversations (Purdue)and of course..funny as hell.

What's the first thing they say when they talk about Colin Powell? What's their compliment? He's well-spoken. Well-spoken is not a compliment. Well-spoken is something you say about people you don't expect to be able to speak. How do they expect Colin Powell to sound? Like, "I'm gonna drop me a bomb today!" - Chris Rock

houstonspartan
09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
What's the first thing they say when they talk about Colin Powell? What's their compliment? He's well-spoken. Well-spoken is not a compliment. Well-spoken is something you say about people you don't expect to be able to speak. How do they expect Colin Powell to sound? Like, "I'm gonna drop me a bomb today!" - Chris Rock

I wish I could rep you 200 times.

I have lost count of the number of people who have told me over my professional career how "well spoken" and "poised" I was. Give me a break. I'm sure not all of those people meant any harm, but, you are correct, being called "well spoken" isn't a compliment.

Malloy
09-17-2010, 06:02 PM

I have lost count of the number of people who have told me over my professional career how "well spoken" and "poised" I was. Give me a break. I'm sure not all of those people meant any harm, but, you are correct, being called "well spoken" isn't a compliment.

It's like telling someone 'gee, you're not a complete *****!' :)

JB
09-17-2010, 06:24 PM
It's like telling someone 'gee, you're not a complete *****!' :)

It's really them saying "Hey, you're smarter than you look!"

But, there are a number of people that mean it as a compliment, such as "He is a polite, well spoken young man"

gg no re
09-17-2010, 06:48 PM
After Bernard's relatively minor slip-up last Sunday, I think well spoken is implied as a compliment in this regard.

imatexan
09-17-2010, 07:10 PM

Maybe to you but many people mean it as an actual compliment, I would say most the time. "Well spoken" has always been used this way, never as a way to inflict harm. Makes me think what other compliments you take offensive lol. :thinking:

Rey
09-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Well spoken is a compliment.

It's not that you expect someone to be a complete doofus...

It just means that they are well spoken...

Everyone cannot speak well...Even people who don't speak poorly are not necessarily well spoken...

Scooter
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
i'm never described as well spoken, it's usually "he has a nice personality". :thinking:

Ckw
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Is this happening tonight? Next week? Anyone know?

mokalus
10-04-2010, 01:07 PM
If 'EFF YOU MOTHER-EFFER' isn't well-spoken, I don't know what is.

OzzO
10-04-2010, 01:25 PM

I'm about 99% sure it's every Monday.

Dutchrudder
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Is Stephen Hawking well-spoken?

silvrhand
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM

WTF? Since when has being called "well spoken" actually a bad thing? To me it means that you have good presence think through your thoughts, formulate a response and respond with a well thought out comment that's on target. Instead of just dropping whatever you feel like you want to say and making an ass out of yourself, aka Randy Moss..

sigh.. I wish this country would go backwards to people that had manners, slow down life, and in general get back to values.. )(*#()$@ I must be getting old if I'm thinking this way..

HardKnockTexan
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM

You should of put the first part in quotes too. You got it from the show The League.

JB
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
WTF? Since when has being called "well spoken" actually a bad thing? To me it means that you have good presence think through your thoughts, formulate a response and respond with a well thought out comment that's on target. Instead of just dropping whatever you feel like you want to say and making an ass out of yourself, aka Randy Moss..

sigh.. I wish this country would go backwards to people that had manners, slow down life, and in general get back to values.. )(*#()$@ I must be getting old if I'm thinking this way..

Yep! Before you know it, you will be a curmudgeon....

hookinreds
10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
You should of put the first part in quotes too. You got it from the show The League.

Yes, it should have all been in quotes, but I figured it was such a well known Chris Rock bit that it didn't require the additional quotes especially when I noted it was Chris Rock. Can't tell you what "The League" is, never seen it, but I got it from his stand up act.

HardKnockTexan
10-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Yes, it should have all been in quotes, but I figured it was such a well known Chris Rock bit that it didn't require the additional quotes especially when I noted it was Chris Rock. Can't tell you what "The League" is, never seen it, but I got it from his stand up act.

"The League" is a show on FX about a group of guys that play fantasy football. Your prior post was almost word for word what was said on that show last week.

ObsiWan
10-04-2010, 02:20 PM
If we're done digressing :D, has anyone been down to the HoB for the BP show?

Brando
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM

From 610's facebook status update....

Come on out to the House of Blues-Downtown today and meet Bernard Pollard/ Jacoby Jones from 6-7 as they have the Bernard Pollard Show with Rich and Robert! Plus, today on the show you can hear the Gary Kubiak's Press Conference at 3:30 and his show at 5:00! Its Texans Monday, presented by Horn Solutions and the Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center.

Ckw
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
From 610's facebook status update....

Awesome. I am planning on going.

Has anyone been? Is it really crowded as I won't be able to make it until about 6:15?

Can I bring a football to get it signed by Pollard?

Yankee_In_TX
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Except for maybe QB's, I don't expect many footballs players to sound they have a degree.

Maybe I'm football racist?

Yankee_In_TX
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Can I bring a football to get it signed by Pollard?

Yes.

drewmar74
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
My Dean Wormer inspired tribute to Pollard.....

Coach Caldwell: Peyton, who is the scariest safety in this division?

Manning: Well that would be hard to say, sir. They're each outstanding in their own way.

Coach Caldwell: Cut the horse***t, son. I've got their game tapes right here. Who flattened Gradkowski on a scramble? Who knocks the piss out of WR's? Every game at Reliant, the sidelines are littered with bodies. Every spring, players are scared of OTA's.

Manning: You're talking about Pollard, sir.

Coach Caldwell: Of course I'm talking about Pollard, you TWERP!

Rey
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Pollard on 610am right now.

drs23
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Loved the BP Hour!

http://a.imageshack.us/img59/1530/pollardmccainpee.jpg

Photo courtesy of Frak The Jags

FS, I've seen Frak's photo before so this question might be better directed at him but, is KJ texting over there? :kitten:

Rey
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
FS, I've seen Frak's photo before so this question might be better directed at him but, is KJ texting over there? :kitten:

He has the water in his hand.

Look at the tube leading to the water cooler...

It's almost like a beer tap...except with water...

Rey
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
LMAO!

Pollard said Jacoby told him that after the game, Grads came up to him and was like "good hit man"...

And JJ was like..."I'm Jacoby????"

Not only will he knock the piss out of you, but he will also knock the sense out of you.

drs23
10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
He has the water in his hand.

Look at the tube leading to the water cooler...

It's almost like a beer tap...except with water...

Rey, notice the kitty, kitty? :kitten:

Carr Bombed
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Hmm...so the Bone crusher does have a weakness..

He's scared of needles :)

Bernard and Jacoby should have their own show, that had me rolling.

False Start
10-04-2010, 08:36 PM

I think hes playing Madden on his PSP, with all his ratings jacked up to 99, and killing it! :wild:

Houston_Fanatic
10-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Except for maybe QB's, I don't expect many footballs players to sound they have a degree.

Maybe I'm football racist?

heh. Kubiak is an ex-QB and he is NOT well-spoken. Pollard speaks better than he does.

Ckw
10-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Hmm...so the Bone crusher does have a weakness..

He's scared of needles :)

Bernard and Jacoby should have their own show, that had me rolling.

Did you go to the event? If so, I would have liked to have met any of you that did go.

I plan on going to as many as I can possibly make the rest of the year.

I had a very good time, and Pollard was extremely nice and friendly. Really cool guy. He took time to talk with the fans and was just awesome. I spent a little while after the show talking to him about how his MRI went, how he thinks Nolan did, and also about how much my wife loves him and actually got her into football with how hard he hits guys sometimes.