PDA

View Full Version : Battle of O-Coordinators: Dennison vs. Big Shanny

DexmanC
09-17-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm watching Inside the NFL, and when they show the Redskins highlights,
it CLEARLY shows Mike Shannahan TELLING Lil' Shanny which plays to
go with. Kyle's response looks like a kid who can't talk back to his dad.
So, I guess Kyle is STILL coordinator-in-name-only.

It's a shame, because Sunday I clearly saw Dennison's stamp on the game.
When will Kyle be allowed to take the reins?

Thorn
09-17-2010, 07:36 AM
I watched that, and Big Shanny was pointing out plays to Little Shanny and then saying "What do you think?". Well, the head coach and your boss is your Dad, what are you going to say? LOL

So, yeah, I'm agreeing with Dexman here that Big Shanny was a large factor last week in what plays got called. Clearly Dennison is getting more slack right off the bat that Little Shanny is to call his own plays.

Texan_Bill
09-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Given the familiarity with everyone, I suspect that ultimately it will come down to whoever can work in a new wrinkle (or three), here or there.

DiehardChris
09-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Kubiak said he told Dennison to keep running the ball in the 2nd half. Happens everywhere.

houstonspartan
09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
You know, I was wondering why Little Shanny was on the sidelines instead of being up in the booth during that game. Interesting.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2010, 10:42 AM
You know, I was wondering why Little Shanny was on the sidelines instead of being up in the booth during that game. Interesting.

I thought he called the games from the field for us as well.

DexmanC
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Kubiak said he told Dennison to keep running the ball in the 2nd half. Happens everywhere.

As NFL Network pointed out, The Texans only called TWO run plays all
second half. Zone-Left and Zone-Right. LOL. Two plays. That's straight
out of Tecmo Bowl. Maybe Dennison ain't as smart as the "mad scientist"
look he has from the booth.

:sarcasm:

houstonspartan
09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
second half. Zone-Left and Zone-Right. LOL. Two plays. That's straight
out of Tecmo Bowl. Maybe Dennison ain't as smart as the "mad scientist"
look he has from the booth.

:sarcasm:

lol. Damn, I thought I was the only one who noticed his "I'm running this mofo" look on his face when they showed him up in the booth. He looked in total control.

Funny how we notice things and think we're the only one who notice it.

kiwitexansfan
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I
When will Kyle be allowed to take the reins?

Who cares? He's not our problem anymore.

If there is tension there, all the better for us.

cuppacoffee
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Lil Shanny is still in training.

So far he has /is learning from two excellent offensive play callers. It will pay off for him in the future. I'm sure he realizes this.

:coffee:

infantrycak
09-17-2010, 01:54 PM
second half. Zone-Left and Zone-Right. LOL.

Winston was kind of chuckling about how often they ran the same play in his radio show. Look for Kubiak/Dennison to use that as a set up to show that look and pull a different play sometime soon.

JB
09-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Winston was kind of chuckling about how often they ran the same play in his radio show. Look for Kubiak/Dennison to use that as a set up to show that look and pull a different play sometime soon.

As well as those two plays were working, no need to pull out anything else until someone can stop those.

DexmanC
09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
As well as those two plays were working, no need to pull out anything else until someone can stop those.

This is where Dennison is good for Kubiak. Previously, Kubiak had a tendency
to get cute, when brutal-and-simple would have done just fine.

JB
09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
This is where Dennison is good for Kubiak. Previously, Kubiak had a tendency

You are spot on with that comment. Though I don't know how much was Kubiak and how much was Shanny

Rey
09-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Lil Shanny is still in training.

So far he has /is learning from two excellent offensive play callers. It will pay off for him in the future. I'm sure he realizes this.

:coffee:

Whats funny to me is how some of the Skins fans think Shanny was the catalyst to our offense...

Honestly, I think if Kubiak wanted little Shanny he wouldn't have let him go. Shanny Sr. blocked us from getting a guy we wanted early in Kubiaks tenure, so I think that if Kubes really wanted Kyle he would have done the same.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Whats funny to me is how some of the Skins fans think Shanny was the catalyst to our offense...

Honestly, I think if Kubiak wanted little Shanny he wouldn't have let him go. Shanny Sr. blocked us from getting a guy we wanted early in Kubiaks tenure, so I think that if Kubes really wanted Kyle he would have done the same.

And that guy was Dennison.

badboy
09-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I expect a good game will be called by both defensive & offensive co's for both teams. The players will be the difference imo. Unless Texans make too many t.o. should win. 3-0 after Dallas.

houstonspartan
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM

Rey, actually, it wasn't just Skins fans. When Shanny left, a lot of Texans fans thought this team would collapse. For some reason, they thought all of our success last year was tied up in an inexperienced coordinator.

I remember telling more than a few people that this team didn't revolved around Shanny Jr.

I think it comes from a base of fear. The Texans have been so bad for so long, that when we get good, we don't want to touch ANYTHING. It's like ball players who win a game, and then wear the same pair of socks for a month because they assume the socks is what won them the game.

houstonspartan
09-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Previously, Kubiak had a tendency

LOL. True. When the moment called for shoving it down someone's throat, Kubiak instead decided to try and outfox the victim by being creative. Which usually ended up in a disaster.

Rey
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
To be fair, I dunno if I would have had confidence in trying to pound the rock last year either...

Until Foster came onto the scene late in the year we were getting stuffed in the run game on a consistent basis...

SAMURAITEXAN
09-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Kubiak wanted Bush and Dennison from the begining. Now, we have them both. I am expecting more great things to come from both.

Go Texans!!!

painekiller
09-18-2010, 02:02 PM

Kyle likes to talk to the QB between series and he gets a better chance of that by being on the field. He likes the players to talk to him during the game.