PDA

View Full Version : Kris Jenkins Done for the Season

gtexan02
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
50/50 shot right now.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Jets nose tackle Kris Jenkins, who injured his surgically repaired left knee in the first quarter of Monday night's season opener against the Baltimore Ravens, will have an MRI exam Tuesday morning to determine the extent of the damage. There's a 50-50 chance he will be lost for the season, according to a person familiar with the injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5569360

I wonder if Chris Myers is breathing easier now

Rey
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
If he's lost for the season he's probably lost for his career.

Big dudes with chronic knee problems don't usually end well.

Texecutioner
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Horrible news for him. He's one of the best DT's in the league and really nice guy at that. He just had his season ended last year and now to have this happen again in game one is just horrible. I feel really bad for the guy. Injuries suck.

gary
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
He sure is a run stopper. I hope this is not true.

Showtime100
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
NFLN is scrolling on the bottom he tore the ACL and is done for the year. I hate it for the guy.

JB
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Crushing news: Kris Jenkins (torn ACL) out for season, source confirms. Have to wonder have Jenkins' career. Same knee as last year.
Link (http://twitter.com/RichCimini)

Not crushing news for our OL...

Rey
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
This is not good news for the Jets...Their Morale and their psyche have to be affected by this...

Jackie Chiles
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Brutal loss for them. Has to be even more painful after seeing him walk off the field. When they showed the replay I thought tear but after seeing him walk off I really thought they dodged a bullet with a sprain. Too many season-enders this week.

Dutchrudder
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
It's sad to hear that. Kris Jenkins is an excellent DT, top 5 in the league when healthy. I hope he gets well enough to play again.

JB
09-14-2010, 01:13 PM
It's sad to hear that. Kris Jenkins is an excellent DT, top 5 in the league when healthy. I hope he gets well enough to play again.

I feel bad for Jenkins... but I don't feel bad for Ryan & the Jets at all! :D

I hate all them douche bags

gtexan02
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I feel bad for Jenkins... but I don't feel bad for Ryan & the Jets at all! :D

I hate all them douche bags

Same. I like our chances a lot better against a Jenkins-less team this year. Myers won't have to face him again

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Horrible news for him. He's one of the best DT's in the league and really nice guy at that. He just had his season ended last year and now to have this happen again in game one is just horrible. I feel really bad for the guy. Injuries suck.

This really does suck. 380lb linemen have a hard time getting over bad wheels. Yeah, I wanted him to get food poisoning before our game, but hate to see this.

PapaL
09-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I hate Jenkins...because he's a damn dominating giant! Feel bad he's injured and his career is over; he was talked into coming back this year. He's definately one of the dominating DL in the league when healthy...wish he was on our team.

TimeKiller
09-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Ouch. Feel for the big man, I just don't feel for the colors he wears. Texans OL breathes easier at least one week this year....