PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Quarter Quote from Arian Foster

TexansBull
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
I dont know if this has been posted so merge delete or whatever.

Peter King says Arian told him-

"...and as he told me after the game, the most important two of happened on fourth-and-one, 10 minutes left in the third quarter, with the Texans hanging on to a 13-10 lead. "I looked each one of my linemen in the eyes and said, 'This is the play that's going to define us,' '' Foster said. Right tackle Eric Winston and tight end Owen Daniels got good seal blocks, Foster made two yards, and Houston finished the 15-play drive with a touchdown."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/12/week1/index.html#ixzz0zRkIgQZA

Leadership. That says it all and pretty much what type of player he is. Just speechless. I hope he has a long career ahead with the Texans.

DexmanC
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I was half-joking during preseason, but he really does look like the
second coming of Terrell Davis. A back, with natural abilities, playing
in the perfect system for his style. The prototype for the Kubiak-Dennison
running game.

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2010, 04:29 PM
He is what I hoped for.

If we also had Ben Tate (and if he is also what I hoped for), then our running game would simply be epic.

It may be epic anyway.

Thorn
09-13-2010, 04:31 PM
He is what I hoped for.

If we also had Ben Tate (and if he is also what I hoped for), then our running game would simply be epic.

It may be epic anyway.

If Slaton even comes close to regaining his skills, we'll be a killer running team this year, and awesome when Tate returns.

But I'm waiting to see if this carries over to the Redskins game. I'm not expecting another 200 yard game from Foster, but if he gets close to 100 and keeps the defense honest so Schaub can do his passing thing, I'm happy as hell.

HJam72
09-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I just hope Foster stays healthy, because I sure don't want to have to count on Slaton starting and staying healthy. I think his days for all of that are over. Still a darn good guy to bring in off the bench though, and hopefully he CAN keep doing that...

Dutchrudder
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Great quote! I hope that fire stays inside him for the rest of his career! He's prime to hit 1200+ rushing yards this year too. Hell if he has a couple more 200 yard games maybe we can get some CJ type hype for Houston! Foster 2k10!

ziggy29
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
If Slaton even comes close to regaining his skills

As in "stops fumbling at prodigious rates"?

hobie
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
As in "stops fumbling at prodigious rates"?

Sad thing is though, when he came in, that was the first thing I was thinking, please don't fumble it !!

Thorn
09-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Slaton didn't fumble. He didn't show a lot, but he also didn't get a lot of carries, but he didn't fumble and did get some yards for us while giving Foster a rest. That's good enough for me for right now. I'd like to get some more use out of him, but yesterday's Slaton performance was just fine.

HOU-TEX
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Slaton didn't fumble. He didn't show a lot, but he also didn't get a lot of carries, but he didn't fumble and did get some yards for us while giving Foster a rest. That's good enough for me for right now. I'd like to get some more use out of him, but yesterday's Slaton performance was just fine.

He did, however, seem to get tackled by the "turf monster" on a couple runs.

ziggy29
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
He did, however, seem to get tackled by the "turf monster" on a couple runs.
Or as a PA announcer from my hometown used to say, "tackle made by Gravity"...

HTX Smack Gear
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Where can I read Foster's poetry online? Need some inspiration over here...

ObsiWan
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
I dont know if this has been posted so merge delete or whatever.

Peter King says Arian told him-

"...and as he told me after the game, the most important two of happened on fourth-and-one, 10 minutes left in the third quarter, with the Texans hanging on to a 13-10 lead. "I looked each one of my linemen in the eyes and said, 'This is the play that's going to define us,' '' Foster said. Right tackle Eric Winston and tight end Owen Daniels got good seal blocks, Foster made two yards, and Houston finished the 15-play drive with a touchdown."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/12/week1/index.html#ixzz0zRkIgQZA

Leadership. That says it all and pretty much what type of player he is. Just speechless. I hope he has a long career ahead with the Texans.

The kid threw down a challenge to his teammates and they stepped up.

We may be ready.

TheMatrix31
09-13-2010, 06:01 PM
What a bad ass quote.

I, too, made a mental comparison to Terrell Davis. Same bit of style, same influences, smart.

Let's hope he can continue. I freakin' LOVE that leadership.

powerfuldragon
09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Where can I read Foster's poetry online? Need some inspiration over here...

closest you'll get for now is his twitter.