PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to the Washington Redskins

Pages : [1] 2

gtexan02
09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
So last night I watched the Dallas/Washington game and came to the conclusion that both of these teams are beatable.

Heres some interesting things to note about the Redskins:

1. McNabb looks out of sync with his new team. He was throwing passes off the dirt all night. His stat line was pretty dismal considering the hype that Shannahan's offense brought.

2. The new LT, 1st round pick Williams on the Redskins is the real deal. He's still a rookie, and Ware beat him a few times, but he's going to be a good player and will definitely be more challenging than whoever the Colts had.

3. The Redskins are good at defending the short, quick throws. Hall in particular was fantastic at jumping on the little quick outs from Romo to Bryant. We could exploit this with a nice fake.

4. Their run defense is better than the Colts. But it was still prone to giving up plays when the play calls were intelligent.

5. Haslett blitzes. A LOT. I was shocked at how often they brought the heat. Dallas never took advantage of this. Hopefully we'll throw over the top a few times to slow them down.

6. The Redskins defenders put 100% emphasis on stripping the ball. From an article on ESPN:

In the back corner of the Washington Redskins' locker room late Sunday night, a dry-erase board told part of the story. Someone had left three words for the defensive backs to remember as they took the field against the Dallas Cowboys: "Tackle and Strip."

And with the help of one of the most bone-headed play calls since Barry Switzer called "Load Left" against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Redskins' defense made its first signature play of the Mike Shanahan era in a heart-stopping 13-7 win over the Cowboys. New defensive coordinator Jim Haslett spent all of organized team activities and training camp placing emphasis on stripping the ball. He taped footballs to blocking dummies so that players could practice swiping at the ball as they made tackles.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/18196/redskins-strip-cowboys-of-dignity

If we can avoid turnovers and exploit the downfield passing attack, we should be in for a great game.

TexCanada
09-13-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't feel as though our offensive game plan changes too much here. Run the ball to set up the long pass.

I'm sure the 'Skins offense will improve a lot over the season. I imagine it will take some time, but they will get there. I think we are fortunate to play them early in the season rather then later. If our D-Line can get pressure like we did against the Colts then we will have no problems on D. Trent Williams is good, but he is still a rookie in his second NFL game. Go get him Mario.

badboy
09-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I think we will have good success with Walters and TEs seeing the ball a bit more to slow down the blitz. Also might see Slaton on the receiving end also. I think we are a 14 point favorite now.

gtexan02
09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
I think we will have good success with Walters and TEs seeing the ball a bit more to slow down the blitz. Also might see Slaton on the receiving end also. I think we are a 14 point favorite now.

14 points? I'd take the Redskins. No way would Vegas give us that kind fo line. I think we'll win, but not by 2 TDs

TexansForTheW
09-13-2010, 02:44 PM
The Redskins were blitzing all night long. Get the screens ready. Put Slaton in and let him go to work. I have a feeling that we will be able to ram the ball down their throat again. It will be interesting on what we do on our 2nd and short next game. Hopefully we have plenty of chances and we can roll out the play action pass and take deep shots down the field. There should be plenty of check offs and screens by the Texans, and when the Skins start respecting it, let Foster tear them a new one. We need to run the ball effectively. Overall though, if we can score we are going to win the game.

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2010, 02:56 PM
14 points? I'd take the Redskins. No way would Vegas give us that kind fo line. I think we'll win, but not by 2 TDs

If Sunday night's Redskins show up then there is a real chance a double digit victory by the Texans. Simply did not have enough offense to stay with the Texans and the defense while okay is not dominating to regularly survive over the hill RBs and a blah WR core that McNabb is working.

The Vegas line will problably favor the Texans by one to three points. We can see for sure tommorrow.

badboy
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
14 points? I'd take the Redskins. No way would Vegas give us that kind fo line. I think we'll win, but not by 2 TDsDallas has showed no sign of an offense preseason through now. They look lost and confused. Coach Phillips looked dejected. Washington barely wins and you don't think we are 14 point favs? Why? I anticipate Schaub to make up for his stats against the 'skins and I expect a blowout. I antcipate at least two INTs by our defense. Not over reaching just feel very confident. Do not under rate our guys. The Colts game will be a huge confidence builder for team and even more so Gary Kubiak.

gtexan02
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
If Sunday night's Redskins show up then there is a real chance a double digit victory by the Texans. Simply did not have enough offense to stay with the Texans and the defense while okay is not dominating to regularly survive over the hill RBs and a blah WR core that McNabb is working.

The Vegas line will problably favor the Texans by one to three points. We can see for sure tommorrow.

The current line is 3 points according to ESPN.

A 14 point line is reserved for undefeated patriots playing lowly lions or something like that.

You don't see 2 TD blowouts in the NFL very often, and certainly not when Vegas is setting odds for an away game

Thorn
09-13-2010, 03:54 PM

A 14 point line is reserved for undefeated patriots playing lowly lions or something like that.

You don't see 2 TD blowouts in the NFL very often, and certainly not when Vegas is setting odds for an away game

I don't care if we beat them with a score of 2-0 on a safety as long as we win.

badboy
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM

You don't see 2 TD blowouts in the NFL very often, and certainly not when Vegas is setting odds for an away gameI thought this game was almost a two TD blowout and against a very good team. I don't think Washington could beat Colts if they were playing Sunday. I don't see what you see in that team.

gtexan02
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I thought this game was almost a two TD blowout and against a very good team. I don't think Washington could beat Colts if they were playing Sunday. I don't see what you see in that team.

Mostly its just "Any Given Sunday"

The NFL is a pretty competitive league, the Redskins have always had a decent defense and Shannahan is a pretty good coach

Rey
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I keep hearing that the Redskins will have some kind of insight as to how we wil call plays...

Two things..We have beaten a Shanny Sr. run team before, and Dennison is the O. Coordinator here. Of course we will still have some of that Zone flair to our game, but I do not think the Redskins will be able to predict our offensive gameplan like I have heard some talk about.

If anything, I see Kubiak being able to give some insight to the defense as to how Shanny jr. calls plays...

Rey
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
And I know this isn't a popular opinion...But Man....I'd love to make a trade for Haynesworth sometime in the next 24 hours...I seriously doubt the Skins would do that, but I'd love to have that fat Angry Man down in the middle of our D.

HJam72
09-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Actually, you do see 2 TD or more blowouts quite a lot, but Vegas is smart enough not to predict them unless it is a situation such as has been mentioned. The winning team just wants to burn clock and win (usually), but who cares so much by how much.

TexanExile
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I will have to give them some credit for a pretty funny "Texans look-alike" thread over at extremeskins.com (http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332464-Houston-Texans-Look-a-Like-Thread).

I didn't see any offensive wizardry from the Shanahans last night, but it's early. And I think that plays to Kubiak's advantage. If anybody gets anything from the familiarity thing, I bet it's Houston.

Stemp
09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, big time homers over there. Refuse to see they don't match up well with us.

Plus, their hatred of Dallas spreads to us. Too bad they don't realize we hate them as much as more than they do.

BullNation4Life
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I was not impressed at all with Washington. Fat Albert on the side pouting and the Washington Defense looked ok. I say if the Texans can runt he ball like they did yesterday, Washington is in for a long afternoon...

Thorn
09-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Our next three games are very doable if the Texans show up like they did against Indy.

TexansForTheW
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Some sound like they are banking on us having a let down game. They obviously did not watch our game. They look at the stats and see the 400 plus yards and 3 touchdowns. They fail to realize that Peyton passed 50 times. Gained a huge chunk of his yardage in garbage time, and if not for Schuab's Int and the last score when the game was over, the Colts could have very easily scored 10 points for the game. Peyton put up 30 against the Jets last year. The Texans had Manning laying on the ground in pain at the end of the game. He was feeling the heat a majority of his dropbacks as well. Im sorry but I dont see the confidence by beating a horrible Cowboys team and coming off such a sorry display of offensive football. Do they not realize that they did not score a touchdown against a line that the Texans previously destroyed a few weeks earlier. Im not saying we are going to win, but they act like we are the easy game. And it is laughable.

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Signing up at ExtremeSkins (you can't use a free email, so I suggest using the ImaTexan ones). Those fans over there seem to think Mike and Kyle know Kubiak's ins and outs and that's why they will win. They forget that Kubiak beat Shanny in the regular season, and knows them probably better than they know him.

Stemp
09-13-2010, 08:42 PM
They lost one of their starting DE's on Sunday, I think Trent can handle Super Mario- Advantage Skins
Their secondary is pretty poor, with one rookie out there, they also will be without Cushing at LB, our passing game should improve-Advantage Skins

Uhhh... Barwin wasn't a starter, Smith and Mario are and we got pressure before and after he went down.

Cushing was missing for the Colts as well. Our LB corp is pretty good and we played a lot of nickel against the Colts. Our secondary is young, but not poor.

They still don't have an answer for Foster, AJ, Schaub and OD. And we moved the ball well against the team they couldn't get a TD against.

b0ng
09-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Perused Extreme skins, they seem to think we'll be a push-over. I'm not too worried about the 'Skins except it feels like a trap game to me.

I'm willing to bet most posters here think we can beat them legitimately.

kiwitexansfan
09-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Perused Extremely Delusional 'Skins, they seem to think we'll be a push-over. I'm not too worried about the 'Skins except it feels like a trap game to me.

Fixed it for you.

After watching Boys v Skins neither team scares me and I really doubt there will be any complacency from our guys because it is up against the Shanny's.

JB
09-13-2010, 09:55 PM
More talk about it here...http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1521020&postcount=15

C Madd
09-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Perused Extreme skins, they seem to think we'll be a push-over. I'm not too worried about the 'Skins except it feels like a trap game to me.

Did they all not watch their first game?

TexansForTheW
09-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I thought the Redskins had playoffs written all over them until I saw the game Monday night. I still think they will be the wild card team but I know if we play how we did on Sunday, we should win the game by 14+ points. The Colts are a ton better than the Redskins.

The Cowboys ran for about 5 yards a carry. They lost the game because of the inability to stick to the run. Im sorry but if your running the ball 5 yards a pop, you better run and run and run. Get some second and short chances and air the ball out occasionally to Jacoby and Andre via play action pass.

Donovan Mcnabb looked lost, there line is worse than the Colts so we should be able to get equally the amount of pressure if not more and if we can keep Mcnabb in that pocket then this game wont even be close. He has questionable accuracy and seems to be a bigger threat on the outside. Helps he has a bum ankle at the moment and the offense has not clicked. There running game up until the end of occasion was getting stuffed.

They thought the Cowboys run d was good. We gashed that as bad as we did Indy. Im ready for a beatdown. People forget Wash went 4-12 last year.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 10:07 PM

Yeah, I totally feel a trap game. This is where the Texans need to prove us....... well somewhat cynical Houston fans with much baggage - WRONG!

We need to go into DC and whoop that ass!! I know its a case of the master and the "groundhopper"..... I know this. The thing is, people forget that Kubiak is NOT a Shanahan.... He played under Dan Reeves which included Dan Reeves which also had the three amigos as it related to the passing game.... WOW, that's a pretty good pettigree...

Not to mention he's an Aggie, but I digress!! ;)

burro
09-13-2010, 10:08 PM
lol redskins fans. let's look at some stats from the last night's game:

mcnabb: 15-31 (46.9%) for 171 yards and 0 tds.
portis: 18 runs for 63 yards

i think we can handle it.

michaelm
09-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I appreciate the thought behind the thread, but we seriously need to shake this mentality.
The Texans record over the last three seasons has been better than the skins.

They're implementing a new system, with a new coach, a new QB, a group of over the hill running backs, an overpaid, under performing fat ass Dlineman, and a rookie starting left tackle.
The question should CLEARLY be: Are the skins up to OUR level?

PockyAF
09-13-2010, 10:18 PM
No offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

Skimming through their first page of their main board and their NFL section, they have a couple of topics on the Texans. Most turning into a "hoo-rah Redskins! Championship! ******* [insert upcoming opponent]" or into a Cowboy hate fest thread.

There was only two threads about us that was actually being discussed seriously; and the majority of their fan-base was giving us props/respect:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332285-If-I-m-the-Skins-I-m-very-afraid-of-the-Texans

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332496-Vegas-Texans-Open-Up-as-3-Pt-Favorites-in-DC

I am interested in seeing what you're seeing though; just so I can see what they're saying that has them thinking we're a pushed-over team.

pbat488
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Went over to Extremeskins as well and the edit kiwi made by adding delusional is completely accurate. Those guys make HT.com boards look like a scholarly debate.

Also, this game will be weird as it will be basically the same offenses except one going against a 3-4 and another against a 4-3.

Big Lou
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
lol redskins fans. let's look at some stats from the last night's game:

mcnabb: 15-31 (46.9%) for 171 yards and 0 tds.
portis: 18 runs for 63 yards

i think we can handle it if we can handle indianapolis.

Hell Arian Foster by himself put up more yards than those two.

I'm only worried about the trap game aspect. Kubes has been pretty good against Big Shanny though.

We should really see what we are made of against a more normal NFL team. Indy isn't balanced and is really different than any other team by far. Hard to compare anything from them to any other franchise.

I just hope our guys in the ground attack aren't too sore.

Fosters Jersey was thrashed at the end of the game........

Stemp
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
They are really counting on their offensive improving A LOT in a week.
Plus they forget we have Smith and Mario as our bookends as they think Barwin was a starter.

Besides that, they had their Superbowl as well as the Cowboys are their rivals.

I think if we jump out to an early lead, we should win pretty handily

brakos82
09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
If we both play like we did last week, no contest. However, I've seen stranger things before. Besides that one video of Bill and the voo-doo chick from NOLA. Nothing gets stranger than that.

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I appreciate the thought behind the thread, but we seriously need to shake this mentality.

They're implementing a new system, with a new coach, a new QB, a group of over the hill running backs, an overpaid, under performing fat ass Dlineman, and a rookie starting left tackle.

I think he was being sarcastic with the thread title.

JB
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
If we both play like we did last week, no contest. However, I've seen stranger things before. Besides that one video of Bill and the voo-doo chick from NOLA. Nothing gets stranger than that.

Wait! What???

TexansForTheW
09-13-2010, 10:44 PM
I think we need to score atleast 20 points for a win.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 10:46 PM

Alright, if that video means this bill... I need a link......

There is so much from New Orleans that I do NOT remember...... OUCH! :eek:

michaelm
09-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I think he was being sarcastic with the thread title.

Hmmm... I didn't pick up that.

"Dear Santa, all I need for Xmas is":

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2rTR2Dls5Yg/SiS0eybgnDI/AAAAAAAAB54/AaUWKTU53Ak/s400/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Miggsy
09-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Went over to extremeskins with an open mind and was pretty disappointed. They sure seem to whine a lot and are a little delusional. We all saw how they won that game. Neither team deserved the win they both looked awful but all they want to talk about is how pundits won't respect their win. Give me a break.

I can understand a little homerism to that end but what puts them into the negative category as a fan base (although from certainly a small sample size) is their obvious lack of knowledge of their next opponent while still being supremely confident that we aren't a challenge to them.

Also the fact that they lump us in with the cowgirls just settles it. I don't like 'em.

Let's go get em this week. :strangle:

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Uhhh... Barwin wasn't a starter, Smith and Mario are and we got pressure before and after he went down.

Cushing was missing for the Colts as well. Our LB corp is pretty good and we played a lot of nickel against the Colts. Our secondary is young, but not poor.

They still don't have an answer for Foster, AJ, Schaub and OD. And we moved the ball well against the team they couldn't get a TD against.

Went over to extremeskins with an open mind and was pretty disappointed. They sure seem to whine a lot and are a little delusional. We all saw how they won that game. Neither team deserved the win they both looked awful but all they want to talk about is how pundits won't respect their win. Give me a break.

I can understand a little homerism to that end but what puts them into the negative category as a fan base (although from certainly a small sample size) is their obvious lack of knowledge of their next opponent while still being supremely confident that we aren't a challenge to them.

Also the fact that they lump us in with the cowgirls just settles it. I don't like 'em.

Let's go get em this week. :strangle:

/End homerism!!

That said, Kubes needs to go 2-0 against Shanahan!!!

Miggsy
09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Haha one of them just said they need to stop the run and force us to beat them in the air. Ummm... fine by us man! How do AJ, JJ, OD and KW sound to you? With the guy that had a top ten all time passing season last year?

These guys are jokers.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Saying Mario vs Treat WIlliams is their advantage says it all. Are you effin kidding me?

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Haha one of them just said they need to stop the run and force us to beat them in the air. Ummm... fine by us man! How do AJ, JJ, OD and KW sound to you? With the guy that had a top ten all time passing season last year?

These guys are jokers.

You serious? Do you have a link to the thread?

houstonspartan
09-13-2010, 11:17 PM

Hey, I was thinking the exact same thing. Good call.

I commented to someone that in watching the Skins, they look like the Texans in how they play. Someone said to me, "Don't you mean we look like them, since Kubiak learned under Shanahan?"

NO. They look like US. Shanahan is just getting started in DC. He has some work to do.

Miggsy
09-13-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332369-to-HELL-with-Houston!...200-Posts!!!/page4

EDIT: Post 52 = hilarity

b0ng
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
No offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

Skimming through their first page of their main board and their NFL section, they have a couple of topics on the Texans. Most turning into a "hoo-rah Redskins! Championship! ******* [insert upcoming opponent]" or into a Cowboy hate fest thread.

There was only two threads about us that was actually being discussed seriously; and the majority of their fan-base was giving us props/respect:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332285-If-I-m-the-Skins-I-m-very-afraid-of-the-Texans

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332496-Vegas-Texans-Open-Up-as-3-Pt-Favorites-in-DC

I am interested in seeing what you're seeing though; just so I can see what they're saying that has them thinking we're a pushed-over team.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332540-Trent-Williams-vs-Mario-Williams-predictions-(also-my-1-000th-post!!!)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332369-to-HELL-with-Houston!...200-Posts!!!

Miggsy
09-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Although I will say that in some other threads they seem to be giving our offense more respect. Check the vegas odds thread for a balanced outside opinion.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 11:29 PM
You serious? Do you have a link to the thread?

GB.... You're not really worried about this ass clown, are you?? What a freakin' ass joke....

WOW!! They beat the 'gurls!!! Impressive!!! :rolleyes:

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 11:32 PM
GB.... You're not really worried about this ass clown, are you?? What a freakin' ass joke....

I just HAD to comment, because that was one of the funniest things I've read. I've said what I wanted at the Redskins site and will watch the hilarity this week over there. I just don't know what they see in their team after that Cowboys game. It looked like two mediocre teams trying to see who could have the most mistakes and mental errors, but still win the game.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 11:34 PM
I just HAD to comment, because that was one of the funniest things I've read. I've said what I wanted at the Redskins site and will watch the hilarity this week over there. I just don't know what they see in their team after that Cowboys game. It looked like two mediocre teams trying to see who could have the most mistakes and mental errors, but still win the game.

We are soooooooooo here: :ahhaha:

Miggsy
09-13-2010, 11:35 PM

Exactly. Weak win but they seem to think they really proved something last night.

Whatever let them have their fun. The Texans aren't playing their fans so it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It is funny to watch the ignorance in action though... :ahhaha:

Stemp
09-13-2010, 11:37 PM
This is about their rookie LT vs our Pro-Bowl DE

He will be better against Super Mario than he was against D Ware. Ware is the one of the most dominant LBs in the game right now. Him and P-Willis are probably the 2 best LB's in the game.
Ummm.. Ever hear of our LBs? You know the Former DROY and Pro bowler and reigning DROY? Yes, I know Cushing isn't playing but they are arguably the 2 best LBs out there.

Trent Williams = Perennial Pro Bowler

It's done in my mind, so long as he stays healthy of course, God willing. Guy is the total package, and it's obvious.
Nobody is going to dominate Trent Williams. Mario is going to be similar to Ware, but I don't see him dominating. Neither one will play subpar.

One game does not a pro-bowler make. He may be good, but he's still a rookie.

:rofl:

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Exactly. Weak win but they seem to think they really proved something last night.

Whatever let them have their fun. The Texans aren't playing their fans so it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It is funny to watch the ignorance in action though... :ahhaha:

Don't be an over-hater whether a Texan fan or hater, a Redskin hater or even a week three Gurl hater.... It's the NFL during a time whem parody matters.

While we should beat these ass hats, who knows(????)

houstonspartan
09-13-2010, 11:50 PM

These guys are jokers.

The guy who made that comment is simply an uninformed, clueless football fan. Everybody and their mamma knows that our passing game is dangerous and that we have 5000 weapons at our disposal when we do an air attack.

That person is a douche. Consider the source.

Miggsy
09-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Don't be an over-hater whether a Texan fan or hater, a Redskin hater or even a week three Gurl hater.... It's the NFL during a time whem parody matters.

While we should beat these ass hats, who knows(????)

Alright I guess I have over-generalized their fan base as ignorant but some of them have just made it way too easy. Don't like being a hater but asking the top ranked passing offense to challenge you through the air? Cmon.

Having said that there are plenty more people over there that are giving our O its due and recognize that this will be a very tough game.

Nothing I have said suggests beating the 'skins at home will be an easy task though and you're right we have no idea who will win. I am fairly confident in this team though after that performance in week 1. Should be a good game.

Hervoyel
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
The Texans have rarely followed a huge emotional win with anything other than a letdown game so I can understand the Redskins fans expecting one. We've also never beaten them (only played them twice) so they don't see us much and expect to win.

My only real concern is that their offensive coordinator knows us inside and out. I expect them to look and play a lot better against us than they did against Dallas. I still think we win. I expect it in fact. If we lose to Washington then we take a step back. We need to beat the Redskins and come home to play Dallas with the intensity that we had against the Colts. Nothing less than 3-0 will please me at this point.

steelbtexan
09-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Win, Texans have more talent.

Have to show up to play for 2 wks in a row for the 1st time.

This is a new yr and a new Texans team with a new attitude. = Texans win.

gtexan02
09-14-2010, 07:43 AM
No one worry, I'll be there Sunday educating them on the Texans every strength!!

Thorn
09-14-2010, 07:57 AM
:facepalm: Redskins fans!

I'm not even going to bother with posting there this week. Those guys are off the top. :lol:

b0ng
09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Heh, they found the motherships main board and are basing their opinions of Texans fans off of "those guys".

Either way though I'm worried about the game just because it's the Texans and I'll be damned if the Texans don't drop games they should win like. . . all the time.

But if they keep the intensity they had on Sunday throughout the year holy shit. Not too many teams can stand up to us when we are playing that well without one of our main cogs on defense.

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 09:20 AM
My opinion of the Redskins is that they are a much improved team. They looked like total mess against the cowboys but that is ok. I will not overlook them. It will be a tough game in Washington. Saying that, there complaining about what were saying. Were going off a win against the most overrated team in the NFL. If the Redskins play like they did Monday night, we will win by atleast 14 points. Washington is not better than the Colts or any where near it.

Running game- edge Houston
Passing game- edge Houston
Run defense-edge Houston
Secondary-I think we have an underrated secondary, your always going to look bad when Peyton is throwing 50 times- edge Redskins
Return-I cant make the call, because I have not seen there return game but I have faith in Jacoby Jones. EVEN for now
Coaching- edge Redskins

I think we should win the game, it will be tough, but our team is much more talented, and it appears like our talent will start turning in to wins pretty soon.

Blake
09-14-2010, 09:28 AM
We should win this game. 70%. NFC East teams are strong, even when they are #3 or #4 in the division.

Texans win by a touchdown.

BIG TORO
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
My opinion of the Redskins is that they are a much improved team. They looked like total mess against the cowboys but that is ok. I will not overlook them. It will be a tough game in Washington. Saying that, there complaining about what were saying. Were going off a win against the most overrated team in the NFL. If the Redskins play like they did Monday night, we will win by atleast 14 points. Washington is not better than the Colts or any where near it.

Running game- edge Houston
Passing game- edge Houston
Run defense-edge Houston
Secondary-I think we have an underrated secondary, your always going to look bad when Peyton is throwing 50 times- edge Redskins
Return-I cant make the call, because I have not seen there return game but I have faith in Jacoby Jones. EVEN for now
Coaching- edge Redskins

I think we should win the game, it will be tough, but our team is much more talented, and it appears like our talent will start turning in to wins pretty soon.

There coaching is the only thing that scares me, we know too much about each other! It will be hard for the pupil to out coach his sensei, that been said I think our team can destroy the skins if we play all 4 quarters.

HOU-TEX
09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Just a reminder, but we throttled the Broncos a couple years ago when Shanahan was coaching them.

However, the Redskins have a much better defense than the Broncos did then. We'll see, but this definitely won't be an easy game.

Rey
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I do not understand the fears of the Redskins knowing us...

I understand that Kyle was here last year, but this is Rick Dennisons first year with us. We have a new play caller so it's not like they will really know all the plays that we are running.

Frank Bush seems to have added some more to his defense so I'm not too worried about them knowing our defense really well either.

If anything, Kubiak knows more about their playcalling tendencies. He knows what kind of plays Kyle and Mike like to call...Hell Kyle was spitting plays out to him last so he knows what kind of plays he wants to call in certain situations...

To me, the Texans offense looks different from last year. The passing plays are even a little different.

The Redskins offense looked like ours last year without the QB accuracy. I saw quite a few plays that we ran last year. The Shannys will have to change their playcalling tendencies or hope that their team executes really well, because Kubiak knows both of them really well.

Rey
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is lucky. His Dallas counterpart, Jason Garrett, was even worse than he was in Washington's 13-7 victory on Sunday.

Two of the NFL's young guns fired a lot of blanks on a woeful offensive night, combining for one offensive touchdown. Garrett sure isn't replacing coach Wade Phillips whenever the Cowboys switch -- at least not after this debacle. Shanahan made a few curious calls, too.

The lights shine bright on night games, and they can burn right through resumes.

Is it Shanahan's fault the Redskins offensive line still stinks despite changing three starters? Is it the coordinator's problem the team still doesn't have a No. 2 receiver or third-down back? Maybe not, but he's supposed to make lemonade out of this.

Shanahan led Houston's offense the past two seasons. The Texans rolled up an NFL-best 4,654 passing yards and were fourth in overall offense in 2009. But his Redskins debut never established any flow after the opening drive.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/nfl/Is-Kyle-Shanahan_s-new-offense-up-to-the-task_-848260-102830999.html#ixzz0zW5Unke4

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/nfl/Is-Kyle-Shanahan_s-new-offense-up-to-the-task_-848260-102830999.html

Thorn
09-14-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/nfl/Is-Kyle-Shanahan_s-new-offense-up-to-the-task_-848260-102830999.html

From that article:

On Sunday, Shanahan faces his former team, the Texans. Houston's offensive coordinator is now Rick Dennison, a disciple of Mike Shanahan after spending 14 years on Shanahan's staff.

Houston just upset Indianapolis 34-24 so Kyle Shanahan's old offense is still rocking. Question is, will the new one, too?

Our offense against the Colts was not typical of the Texans. When was the last time we ran so much? That wasn't Kyle's offense on the field Sunday, it was a new one.

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
If we can win the turnover battle I think we win the game easily. Take care of the ball. The Redskins will make the playoffs this year IMO, but there offense has a ton of work to do.

hradhak
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the issue isn't so much that the Redskins will know our playbook as much as it is that can the Skins call the right plays to counter. It's a testament to Kubiak and the scheme that routinely AJ and JJ and OD are wide open (not all at the same time). It's is very difficult to defend this kind of offense because we spread the field so incredibly well that teams have trouble getting personnel in the right place at the right time.

If we are able to maintain a balanced offense and take what they give us (run if they defend the pass, pass if they blitz us, etc.) we shouldn't have any trouble beating them on offense.

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Ummm.. Ever hear of our LBs? You know the Former DROY and Pro bowler and reigning DROY? Yes, I know Cushing isn't playing but they are arguably the 2 best LBs out there.

And Ware is a different type of rusher than Mario. Mario is a total package, able to run around you or through you. Williams did look good, but he may be in for a shock.

ubecool454
09-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Yeah I'm with you....The Redskins play ugly and they have a knack for making other teams play ugly too....Texans 16 Redskins 9.

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
After reading their board, I hope we drop the hammer on them. What a bunch of annoying sacks of wasted flesh. Texas a wasteland...? They did vote a crack head as mayor, right?

Section516
09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
The Texans have rarely followed a huge emotional win with anything other than a letdown game so I can understand the Redskins fans expecting one. We've also never beaten them (only played them twice) so they don't see us much and expect to win.

My only real concern is that their offensive coordinator knows us inside and out. I expect them to look and play a lot better against us than they did against Dallas. I still think we win. I expect it in fact. If we lose to Washington then we take a step back. We need to beat the Redskins and come home to play Dallas with the intensity that we had against the Colts. Nothing less than 3-0 will please me at this point.

This is going to be a big test. IMO, the Texans have the best team in the NFL right now. Definitely the best passing attck and now it looks like the running game has reached an elite level too. Their front seven on D is pretty unbelievable as well. If we can beat the Texans we can beat anyone.

Rey
09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I do not think we'll have a problem beating the Skins. JMO.

I don' think they're offense will do a whole lot, and I think that our offense will have a big game passing the ball. I see Andre having a good game and some long catches.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I think you guys are overconfident. There is no question you have weapons on both sides of the ball that be a welcome addition to any team, but don't sleep on the Skins defense.

If this were a year ago, I'd be dreading this game. The potential you guys bring on the field is huge, and for the most part you execute very well. But the Skins are a different team this year, they're inspired and invigorated.

And remember, you're coming into our house. It's going to be a great game, tough for both sides, and it'll be close. Probably too close for either of our likings.

Rey
09-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I think you guys are overconfident. There is no question you have weapons on both sides of the ball that be a welcome addition to any team, but don't sleep on the Skins defense.

If this were a year ago, I'd be dreading this game. The potential you guys bring on the field is huge, and for the most part you execute very well. But the Skins are a different team this year, they're inspired and invigorated.

And remember, you're coming into our house. It's going to be a great game, tough for both sides, and it'll be close. Probably too close for either of our likings.

I'm probably the only one who could be considered overconfident...

Everyone else seems to be saying it'll be a could game and hoping we don't have a let down.

I don't see a letdown in our future though.

You guys have a better D than the Colts, but the skins offense doesn't scare me at all...

Thorn
09-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Yeah, well, for my part what I want and what I expect are two different things. I want to kick yalls ass, what I expect is.....unknown. The Texans have a habit of doing things you don't expect. Being a great team one week and horrible the next is nothing new here.

What yall as Redskins fans have to consider though, is our running game has sucked horribly for a while now. If we find that Foster is the real deal AND we add in last years best passing attack, any defense we play is in for a long day.

hobie
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM

I agree with you... and thanks for coming here and not talking s**t... It will be a good game though.. And I guess I should thank the Skins for beating Dallas !!!

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I was not impressed at all with Washington. Fat Albert on the side pouting and the Washington Defense looked ok. I say if the Texans can runt he ball like they did yesterday, Washington is in for a long afternoon...

Overconfidence. Foster won't have anywhere near the day he had against the Colts (that said, I loved watching those stats climb, I'm happy for the guy, honestly)

we should win the game by 14+ points. Im ready for a beatdown. People forget Wash went 4-12 last year.

Good arguments for the most part, but still overconfident.

They are really counting on their offensive improving A LOT in a week.
Plus they forget we have Smith and Mario as our bookends as they think Barwin was a starter.

Besides that, they had their Superbowl as well as the Cowboys are their rivals.

I think if we jump out to an early lead, we should win pretty handily

The offense will be better this week. You can bank on that. We know Barwin is not a starter. Mario and Smith are going to have their hands full with Jamaal Brown and Trent Williams, should be really fun to watch. And it will be much to your advantage to get out to an early lead, but you won't win handily.

If we both play like we did last week, no contest.

More overconfidence.

Like I just said, it'll be fun to watch, but Williams handled Ware for the most part, I wouldn't expect an epic performance from Mario. And is Cushing going to play? Nope, so him being DROY is irrelevant.

One game does not a pro-bowler make, but you are all ready to crown Foster "King of the Mountain" The guy is good, but I think he still has a lot to prove. A good performance Sunday against our D to follow up his 231-yard freak show will go a long way towards that.

Just a reminder, but we throttled the Broncos a couple years ago when Shanahan was coaching them.

However, the Redskins have a much better defense than the Broncos did then. We'll see, but this definitely won't be an easy game.

News flash: We're not the Broncos, but at least you came back to Earth at the end :-)

I can't wait for Sunday. I will not say that we're going to kick y'all's ass (as bad as I want to) because I'm not going to get on you guys for being over confident then do it myself. Our offense struggled mightily, and was definitely out of sync against the Cowgirls, but I expect them to be better this week.

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 12:21 PM

I think you guys are the ones feeling a little to over confident. You guys are on the right path, but I don't think you are there yet. I think your left tackle is in for a little bit of a shock. I think your wide receivers are a little over-rated. Your D is good, but I think our passing game gets on track this week. We have a tough team, if we play like we did Sunday wee in and week out.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, well, for my part what I want and what I expect are two different things. I want to kick yalls ass, what I expect is.....unknown. The Texans have a habit of doing things you don't expect. Being a great team one week and horrible the next is nothing new here.

What yall as Redskins fans have to consider though, is our running game has sucked horribly for a while now. If we find that Foster is the real deal AND we add in last years best passing attack, any defense we play is in for a long day.

You're preachin to the choir about being up and down, man, believe me. Your running game has been up and down as well, Slaton isn't exactly garbage and wasn't the last couple years. Foster seems to be an improvement and if it can last and complement that ridiculous passing game, it could be a long day. But I have confidence in our defense.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I think you guys are the ones feeling a little to over confident. You guys are on the right path, but I don't think you are there yet. I think your left tackle is in for a little bit of a shock. I think your wide receivers are a little over-rated. Your D is good, but I think our passing game gets on track this week. We have a tough team, if we play like we did Sunday wee in and week out.

There are homers that think their team is the best team in the NFL on every board, man. But there are some rational thinking, level-headed fans, most are actually.

We are in the same boat, us and you guys, if you think about it. Both teams beat hated division rivals and are still up on cloud 9. Sure, our win was a little less convincing, but it was still a W.

Trent Williams is money. But so is Mario. I think if you think Mario is going to destroy him, that's overconfidence. Ware is a top tier pass rusher and Williams held his ground, I expect him to do the same this Sunday.

Our WRs aren't overrated, we all know we are weak there. Moss would be ideal in the slot, we don't really have a true #1. But we play with what we got.

And you absolutely have a tough team, but I guarantee Sunday won't be a cake walk.

gary
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
McNabb won't be the same I do exspect him to improve each week with his brand new team. The Texans should still win though.

Scooter
09-14-2010, 12:41 PM
welcome to the forum.

BIG TORO
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
There are homers that think their team is the best team in the NFL on every board, man. But there are some rational thinking, level-headed fans, most are actually.

We are in the same boat, us and you guys, if you think about it. Both teams beat hated division rivals and are still up on cloud 9. Sure, our win was a little less convincing, but it was still a W.

Trent Williams is money. But so is Mario. I think if you think Mario is going to destroy him, that's overconfidence. Ware is a top tier pass rusher and Williams held his ground, I expect him to do the same this Sunday.

Our WRs aren't overrated, we all know we are weak there. Moss would be ideal in the slot, we don't really have a true #1. But we play with what we got.

And you absolutely have a tough team, but I guarantee Sunday won't be a cake walk.

I don't think any of think it will be a cake walk, and we all have our fears, but for the most part we feel that if we play with full intensity all four quarters we will be triumphant, but any thing can happen on any given sunday!

houstonspartan
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM

Lol. Your defense front looked good, but I wasn't all that impressed with your defensive backfield and safety situation.

And, why is it that you can say nice things about your team, but when we say nice things about our team, it is "overconfident"?

No offense, but you come off as if you know nothing about our passing game. We are top shelf in that area. That's not overconfident, that's a fact.

Your defense faced a VERY weak Dallas offense on Sunday.

Rey
09-14-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't think T.Williams will be able to handle M.Williams...

Mario did have 2 less sacks than Ware last year, but Mario is much stronger against the run, and he looks like he is healthy this year...

Add that to the fact that McNabb tends to hold the ball longer than Manning, and I think that we will get some sacks as a team...Whether or not Mario gets any, I dunno...But I think that the pressure will be there...

Really could care less if Mario individually dominates.

Hardcore Texan
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM

You guys do realize the Texans move Mario around from time to time. He'll play the strong side a few snaps too. Mario is an all around beast, he is fantastic in run support to boot! I don't doubt your rookie LT is the real deal, but he's still a rookie.

I don't think it'll be a cakewalk. It's going to be a very tough game on the road. I feel good about what are team can do but I am still a little nervous as we have lacked consistency over the long haul since the inception of the franchise. I hope that changes this season, it sure looked like the end of last season and beating the pats with possible playoff implications on the line like we turned a corner in that regard. But it's just too early to tell and definitely too early to get cocky.

The Skins/cowpie game was not an impressive victory by any stretch of the imagination, but none of that matters. A W is a W and you never know in the NFL. I have seen teams (including our own) look flat, terrible, and play outright embarassing and then turn around a week later and light it up. There are no gimmes, not even against the Raiders since JR was cut.

I expect a hard fought game from both teams. I expect the Skins to come out hungry and play hard. I think Shanny Sr and Jr want to put their stamp on this game and they will have their team ready to go. However, I do like our chances, I am foaming at the mouth to see our team play with the intensity they did against the dolts. They just look like they have a whole new mindset out there, I want to see more of that!

Lastly, welcome to the forum, thanks for contributing.

Errant Hothy
09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Things we didn't see from the offense last week that I fully expect to see this week. Screen passes, to either the RB or the quick hitter to AJ (Hall cannot tackle for shit). Either KW or a TE working the seams, work the safties and the ILBs. More crossing routes and slants, if Wash is going to blitz use the vacated space and let AJ and JJ gather up the YAC.

GuerillaBlack
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM

Your D may be better than the Colts' D, but the Cowboys were running the ball fine against you guys (getting five yards a carry). For some reason, Wade and Garrett decided to stop running the ball. Your offense doesn't scare me either. How long has it been since the offense has scored an offensive TD for you guys? McNabb is a step slower, there is a group of over the hill running backs, and outside of Cooley and Santana Moss (who would be the number two WR on Houston), the receiving group in Washington is not existent.

The only thing that really worries me is how the Texans do against a 3-4 defense. I doubt the Texans will have a letdown game though. Especially with the Shanahan's on Washington. Houston knows what up. If anything, the next letdown game for Houston will be the Raider game.

HJam72
09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I bet Foster doesn't get 100 yds. in this game (not that he always has to), but we still win it by 3 to 7. Trying to stop our offense, if they get a lead, will be like us in the past trying to stop Manning....except, if they load up on DBs, THEN Foster surely will burn them.

I suspect Schaub will put up Manning like numbers in receiving yards (maybe even more), but throw a pick or two, or at least take a few sacks. In the end, we will just outscore them in an ugly game.

Then, we DESTROY Dallas. :)

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Lol. Your defense front looked good, but I wasn't all that impressed with your defensive backfield and safety situation.

And, why is it that you can say nice things about your team, but when we say nice things about our team, it is "overconfident"?

No offense, but you come off as if you know nothing about our passing game. We are top shelf in that area. That's not overconfident, that's a fact.

Your defense faced a VERY weak Dallas offense on Sunday.

One of our starting safeties is out with a sprained knee, Kareem Moore. In his place is Reed Doughty, who hits hard, is a sure tackler, but not that great in coverage unfortunately. We weren't impressed either, believe me. But we feel like we have talent back there.

I wasn't trying to say that every nice thing you guy say about your team is overconfidence, I think saying you'll win handily, by 2 TDs, that Foster will explode again, etc...I think that stuff is over confidence. I haven't said anything like that.

I know enough about your passing game. Schaub is fantastic, I've always liked him and was thrilled when he got out from behind Vick to start somewhere. In Madden 06, I traded for him to be my franchise QB and benched Jason Campbell. And no one is sleeping on Andre Johnson or the rest of your receivers/TEs. We all know you're dangerous.

I wouldn't call Dallas's defense weak, either. I thought they were overrated as a team coming into the season, but they're still good. Ware is not overrated, Brooking is not overrated.

Blake
09-14-2010, 01:19 PM
2006: The Washington Redskins defeated the Houston Texans by the score of 31-15.

2010: The Houston Texans defeated the Washington Redskins by the score of 24-14.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 01:32 PM
You guys do realize the Texans move Mario around from time to time. He'll play the strong side a few snaps too. Mario is an all around beast, he is fantastic in run support to boot! I don't doubt your rookie LT is the real deal, but he's still a rookie.

I expect a hard fought game from both teams. I expect the Skins to come out hungry and play hard. I think Shanny Sr and Jr want to put their stamp on this game and they will have their team ready to go. However, I do like our chances, I am foaming at the mouth to see our team play with the intensity they did against the dolts. They just look like they have a whole new mindset out there, I want to see more of that!

Lastly, welcome to the forum, thanks for contributing.

Move him to the strong side, we have a legit pro-bowler on that side in Jamaal Brown. I'm not saying Mario won't have any success, but he's got an uphill battle all day.

But you're exactly right and I think we're on the same page here. It's going to be a good, tough game and I'm really excited to see how the Skins adjust from the Dallas game and how you guys come out after the impressive Colts game. And thanks for the welcome.

Things we didn't see from the offense last week that I fully expect to see this week. Screen passes, to either the RB or the quick hitter to AJ (Hall cannot tackle for shit). Either KW or a TE working the seams, work the safties and the ILBs. More crossing routes and slants, if Wash is going to blitz use the vacated space and let AJ and JJ gather up the YAC.

Yeah, I don't know if you saw them go to Roy Williams twice on quick screens and Hall stopped him for no gain and a 1 yard gain. Then there's the strip at the end of the half. D Hall is money. Not a bad plan though, considering our weak spot at safety.

Your D may be better than the Colts' D, but the Cowboys were running the ball fine against you guys (getting five yards a carry). For some reason, Wade and Garrett decided to stop running the ball. Your offense doesn't scare me either. How long has it been since the offense has scored an offensive TD for you guys? McNabb is a step slower, there is a group of over the hill running backs, and outside of Cooley and Santana Moss (who would be the number two WR on Houston), the receiving group in Washington is not existent.

The only thing that really worries me is how the Texans do against a 3-4 defense. I doubt the Texans will have a letdown game though. Especially with the Shanahan's on Washington. Houston knows what up. If anything, the next letdown game for Houston will be the Raider game.

They abandoned the run because they were behind. That's fine though, you can sleep on the offense as much as you want, brother. I think you'll be surprised at what you see on Sunday. McNabb makes our WRs better. And of course Moss would be #2 in Houston, everyone would be #2 in Houston haha. Portis is just barely 29, that's not quite over the hill. He's getting there, believe me, but he's still got juice in the tank.

houstonspartan
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
One of our starting safeties is out with a sprained knee, Kareem Moore. In his place is Reed Doughty, who hits hard, is a sure tackler, but not that great in coverage unfortunately. We weren't impressed either, believe me. But we feel like we have talent back there.

I wasn't trying to say that every nice thing you guy say about your team is overconfidence, I think saying you'll win handily, by 2 TDs, that Foster will explode again, etc...I think that stuff is over confidence. I haven't said anything like that.

I know enough about your passing game. Schaub is fantastic, I've always liked him and was thrilled when he got out from behind Vick to start somewhere. In Madden 06, I traded for him to be my franchise QB and benched Jason Campbell. And no one is sleeping on Andre Johnson or the rest of your receivers/TEs. We all know you're dangerous.

I wouldn't call Dallas's defense weak, either. I thought they were overrated as a team coming into the season, but they're still good. Ware is not overrated, Brooking is not overrated.

I never called Dallas' defense weak. I called their offense weak.

No one is saying that Foster will peel off 200 yards again. We know anything is possible. We are cautiously optimistic. But, you seem really assured that your supposedly-great defense and loud stadium are going to carry the day for you. It won't. You guys have holes on your team just like we do.

gary
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Here we go. The Texans are clearly better on paper and should beat the Skins this Sunday. Blame McNabb for being slower or with a new team its hard to tell but I doubt he is going to be all world like in a matter of just one week. Our air attack is one of the best in the entire NFL and probably pretty close to the best in the league. We seem to have found our RB and some blocking to go a long with it let's hope so. Its not going to be a blowout this Sunday although you never know. I won't count on one but I do see a win for the Texans. The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.

houstonspartan
09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Here we go. The Texans are clearly better on paper and should beat the Skins this Sunday. Blame McNabb for being slower or with a new team its hard to tell but I doubt he is going to be all world like in a matter of just one week. Our air attack is one of the best in the entire NFL and probably pretty close to the best in the league. We seem to have found our RB and some blocking to go a long with it let's hope so. Its not going to be a blowout this Sunday although you never know. I won't count on one but I do see a win for the Texans. The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.

Co-sign. And that's not being "overconfident." lol.

Thorn
09-14-2010, 01:44 PM
The key this debate is which Texans team will show up but if the proper one comes to play that would not spell good news for Washington you can bank on that.

Exactly. If the "good" Texans show up, Washington doesn't have what it takes to stop us. If the other guys show up, well, expect a lot of cursing here. LOL

Errant Hothy
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Isn't P-Burnt a Redskin still?

spurstexanstros
09-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Texans 24 Washington 10
I predict that score because I feel that the Texans coaching staff may be conservative in the first half and try to get a feel for this new redskins team. They had success against the colts d because they know them better than anyother team. They knew what to expect defensive tendancies, who to run at Mathis or freeny. There is alot of unknowns so I see the Texans offense probing the redskins to see what works. The gameflow is going to dictate the Texans strategy.
That being said after Foster's performance I would not be suprised to see Aj get one deep off a play action on the first play. Also I would not be suprised if Schaub threw an early pic or two until he gets into a rythm.

As for our defense...well . Its going to be tested. I expect to see alot of slants and alot of chris cooley because I think that the Redskins staff will rewatch the colts game and see that the Texans got eaten alive by the slants and curl routs. I think the Texans fans should realize that McNabb is alot different than Peyton. With Peyton you had a stationary target and your object was to get him moving. However Mcnabb is at his best when moving and our d has had trouble with mobile qbs. Our secondary is going to have to hold coverages longer and the d-line is going to have to direct Mcnabb to where they want him.
Mcnabb is a great qb that can win by his own gut and gile. As he goes so goes the skins.

Its, going to be a test for the Texans, are they just hype or are they for real?The Texans may have made a statement last week, but they need to complete the thought.

Jeff S.
09-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Exactly. If the "good" Texans show up, Washington doesn't have what it takes to stop us. If the other guys show up, well, expect a lot of cursing here. LOL

I sure want to see Schaub come out sharp. No bounces off the turf, and no picks.

Dutchrudder
09-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll go with Texans 27 Redskins 5.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
I never called Dallas' defense weak. I called their offense weak.

No one is saying that Foster will peel off 200 yards again. We know anything is possible. We are cautiously optimistic. But, you seem really assured that your supposedly-great defense and loud stadium are going to carry the day for you. It won't. You guys have holes on your team just like we do.

My mistake, I misread. We are cautiously optimistic as well, or we should be, some of us are a little more optimistic than cautious. I don't think the defense or the stadium will carry the day at all, to win on Sunday we will need our absolute best effort on both sides of the ball. Being at home is just a little wind at our back.

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Move him to the strong side, we have a legit pro-bowler on that side in Jamaal Brown. I'm not saying Mario won't have any success, but he's got an uphill battle all day.

Yeah, I don't know if you saw them go to Roy Williams twice on quick screens and Hall stopped him for no gain and a 1 yard gain. Then there's the strip at the end of the half. D Hall is money. Not a bad plan though, considering our weak spot at safety.

Aj>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy Williams. Different animal all together.

gary
09-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Co-sign. And that's not being "overconfident." lol.

Exactly. If the "good" Texans show up, Washington doesn't have what it takes to stop us. If the other guys show up, well, expect a lot of cursing here. LOLThe main thing with the Texans is they are very hit or miss. One week they look great and then they crap out the next and that has to change once it does look out NFL.

GuerillaBlack
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
The main thing with the Texans is they are very hit or miss. One week they look great and then they crap out the next and that has to change once it does look out NFL.

I have a very strong feeling that it has changed for the Texans. I won't be a 100% believer until they do it this Sunday, but I have a gut feeling that they will. This team has a completely different mentality this year. It's like they're playing as if the AFC South title and playoff berth is for them and no one else. We'll see Sunday.

gary
09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I have a very strong feeling that it has changed for the Texans. I won't be a 100% believer until they do it this Sunday, but I have a gut feeling that they will. This team has a completely different mentality this year. It's like they're playing as if the AFC South title and playoff berth is for them and no one else. We'll see Sunday.I hope you are right. That is the only thing left holding them back from true greatness IMO.

DexmanC
09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
In my opinion, the equation is not Colts > Redskins = Texans win

Although the Colts ARE better than the Redskins, the style of play
of both teams is radically different. The Colts take teams away
from physical play by getting quick leads, and forcing their opponents
to pass all day. They win a lot of games by doing that.

The Redskins are the type of team the Texans have rarely had success
against in the Kubiak era. In the same genre of teams are the Ravens, Jets,
Chargers, Steelers, Cowboys, and every-now-and-then the Jaguars and Titans.

These are teams that just keep hitting you until you become unable to
execute. They execute you to prevent you from executing. The Colts
were a HELL of a test for the Texans. Most definitely. However, the Texans
have to be just as physical ALL SEASON to have a chance against most
teams remaining on this schedule.

I'm not going to predict an outcome. I truly hope Sunday's Texans were
the "new" Texans. Sunday against the Redskins, and the following week
against the Cowboys, will tell A LOT about which Texans team we are
watching. I TRULY HOPE these boys are forreal, as does the football
watching world.

Brandon420tx
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Some of us need a reality check. Its the NFL we're dealing with here and we're not playing the 0-16 Lions.

I don't have the number right in front of me, but I'm fairly sure on at least the first thing I'm going to say.

We won, great!, but the Texans are not great about continuing great into the next game. even under Kubiak I think we're something like 50% after winning a game.

We're flying a long distance to a home opener, its going to be tough. I question are ability to be a solid road team this year.

I think their defense can get their act together (minus Haynesworth who absolutely does not want to be there) and on offense I still won't overlook Clinton Portis untill he's injured for the season. He's still that good. Thier line might need work, but its really hard to find an OLine in todays NFL who doesn't. Also, if you need a WR to come into your fantasy football team this week and suprise some people, pick up Anthony Armstrong, He's going to get a TD this weekend if the Skins get in the redzone against us. Fantastic hands and Donovan likes to throw to him.

I still think we're a more solid team all the way around, but this will hardly be as easy as many of you think

Big Lou
09-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Aj>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roy Williams. Different animal all together.

If AJ is an animal, that makes Williams some kind of fungus or maybe algea.

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 02:25 PM
OK. This could be a close game. It will definitely be a hard fought game. The Shanahans know a lot about us but we also know a lot about the Shanahans. There's a lot of respect there.

I think the Redskins are on the right path... but they're not there, yet.

The Dallas Cowboy team that they beat was the same Dallas Cowboy offense that we saw in the preseason: poorly coached, bad play calling, and lots of mental errors. Barber and Jones still ran for almost 5 yards a carry and Romo threw for 282 yards and a TD. Although the Dallas Cowboy offense has been very good in the past, I really think that it sucks right now.

So I'm not giving much credit to the Redskins D for Dallas' "bad" performance. And, assuming that Schaub and AJ return to their 4770 yard form from last year, I don't think that D is ready for our offense. I'm not saying Foster will run for 231 yards but he will run for over 100. And Schaub will throw for at least 250 if not 300. Haslett loves to blitz and Schaub is usually a very good QB against the blitz.

When we get into the Red Zone, we're not going to abandon what's working like the Cowboys did. We're going to score some points.

And I don't think that the Redskins O has the firepower to keep up. They may be better than they were last week but we are now a very blitz heavy team and we didn't blitz Manning hardly at all and still got pressure with our 3 or 4 down linemen. Manning's line was compromised but Manning has a much quicker release than McNabb. And one of Mario's 1/2 sacks came from the right side against their best lineman. Our defense may look bad statistically right now, but this was a top 10 defense for the majority of last year and it's still playing at that level.

Bottom line is that as good as the Redskin Offense can get in this week of practice, it's not going to be anywhere near as good as the Colt offense.

The Redskins are going to play hard and scrappy but their only hope is that we come out flat and we only really play the second half. But I don't see that happening. Their D is going to be better than the Colt D but their O is nowhere near the Colt O.

I'm very confident that we're going to win this game. More confident than I was about the Colt game and I guaranteed that victory to my friends. Am I overconfident? We'll only know Sunday Night. But ultimately, whether i'm overconfident or not doesn't matter. Because you can bet Kubiak isn't going to let our team get overconfident and that's the main thing.

JB
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Some of us need a reality check. Its the NFL we're dealing with here and we're not playing the 0-16 Lions.

I don't have the number right in front of me, but I'm fairly sure on at least the first thing I'm going to say.

We won, great!, but the Texans are not great about continuing great into the next game. even under Kubiak I think we're something like 50% after winning a game.

We're flying a long distance to a home opener, its going to be tough. I question are ability to be a solid road team this year.

I think their defense can get their act together (minus Haynesworth who absolutely does not want to be there) and on offense I still won't overlook Clinton Portis untill he's injured for the season. He's still that good. Thier line might need work, but its really hard to find an OLine in todays NFL who doesn't. Also, if you need a WR to come into your fantasy football team this week and suprise some people, pick up Anthony Armstrong, He's going to get a TD this weekend if the Skins get in the redzone against us. Fantastic hands and Donovan likes to throw to him.

I still think we're a more solid team all the way around, but this will hardly be as easy as many of you think

Agree with most of what you said, but want to point out that Was had their home opener last week. They will not have that added intensity of the home opener...

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a very strong feeling that it has changed for the Texans. I won't be a 100% believer until they do it this Sunday, but I have a gut feeling that they will. This team has a completely different mentality this year. It's like they're playing as if the AFC South title and playoff berth is for them and no one else. We'll see Sunday.

Yeah, looks like a different team. Last year, we saw that when things got bad they crawled into a hole and died. This year, they came out of the hole swinging, fell down, stood back up and kept swinging. Different team.

gary
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Like I said, Texans just show up and play your own game.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Agree with most of what you said, but want to point out that Was had their home opener last week. They will not have that added intensity of the home opener...

Don't kid yourself, buddy. You may not have a star on your helmet and it might not be the home opener, but it'll still be plenty intense. Both teams feel like they have something to prove.

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, looks like a different team. Last year, we saw that when things got bad they crawled into a hole and died. This year, they came out of the hole swinging, fell down, stood back up and kept swinging. Different team.

I kinda disagree because we saw this last year.

We kicked, scratched, and clawed in that first Titans game. We came back in the second half of the Cardinal game and almost took that one. We fought back in the second Jaguar game and almost took that. We fought back in the Patriot game and we won that. We fought off the Dolphins, Bengals, and Niners... we tried to fold but we kept it together enough to win the game.

Last year, I think we developed that fight back mentality even though we didn't always win. This year, I think the running game and our conditioning puts us over the top with that.

gtexan02
09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
To me this feels a little bit like when the Texans were playing the Panthers, and no one was giving the Texans any credit. The Panther had just come off a big division win, and people were discounting the team the Texans had beaten. On paper, it was clear that the Panthers were the superior team.

Texans won.

Im not saying we're going to lose, Im just saying that its important to remain vigiliant. We have the potential to do very well, but historically, when we're going up against below average offenses, they always come out looking elite. Remember when Mark Sanchez looked awesome against us?

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 02:52 PM
If AJ is an animal, that makes Williams some kind of fungus or maybe algea.

AJ is a Lion. Roy Williams is a Sloth.

DocBar
09-14-2010, 02:52 PM
The Redskins were blitzing all night long. Get the screens ready. Put Slaton in and let him go to work. I have a feeling that we will be able to ram the ball down their throat again. It will be interesting on what we do on our 2nd and short next game. Hopefully we have plenty of chances and we can roll out the play action pass and take deep shots down the field. There should be plenty of check offs and screens by the Texans, and when the Skins start respecting it, let Foster tear them a new one. We need to run the ball effectively. Overall though, if we can score we are going to win the game.

I don't know if Slaton is the best answer here when the Skins D is so committed to stripping the ball. Slaton has enough problems with fumbling.

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I kinda disagree because we saw this last year.

We kicked, scratched, and clawed in that first Titans game. We came back in the second half of the Cardinal game and almost took that one. We fought back in the second Jaguar game and almost took that. We fought back in the Patriot game and we won that. We fought off the Dolphins, Bengals, and Niners... we tried to fold but we kept it together enough to win the game.

Last year, I think we developed that fight back mentality even though we didn't always win. This year, I think the running game and our conditioning puts us over the top with that.

They didn't rebound from mistakes in games. We messed up once in the Colts game at home, and blew a huge lead. This time we messed up and shrugged then went back to work.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I'll go with Texans 27 Redskins 5.

Why we gotta be giving up a safety?? :fingergun:

JB
09-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Why we gotta be giving up a safety?? :fingergun:

End of the game garbage time when Dan O forgets where he is at again...:D

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM

:spit: There is that.

TEXANS84
09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I expect this game to be close, and the outcome to be just like a chess match.

Kubiak/Dennison vs. Shanahan/Shanahan.

Both coaches know each other very well. Both know what each other is bringing to the table. This game will be just like one-on-one basketball with your brother = you both know your weaknesses and strengths like the back of your hand.

Outcome?

Texans 83
Redskins 11

JB
09-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I expect this game to be close, and the outcome to be just like a chess match.

Kubiak/Dennison vs. Shanahan/Shanahan.

Both coaches know each other very well. Both know what each other is bringing to the table. This game will be just like one-on-one basketball with your brother = you both know your weaknesses and strengths like the back of your hand.

Outcome?

Texans 83
Redskins 11

:lol:

I like the way you think!

beerlover
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
It would seem that Kubiak has installed his system & its head & shoulder ahead of where Mike Shanahan could possibly be at this early juncture. still it is a road game in a hostile environment. Texans 30 Redskins 20

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM
They didn't rebound from mistakes in games. We messed up once in the Colts game at home, and blew a huge lead. This time we messed up and shrugged then went back to work.

I felt like we did. We made mistakes in the first Titans game and rebounded. We made mistakes in the Jax games and rebounded even though we came up short. We made mistakes in the Patriots game and rebounded.

No More 8-8's
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Don't kid yourself, buddy. You may not have a star on your helmet and it might not be the home opener, but it'll still be plenty intense. Both teams feel like they have something to prove.
Welcome to the board. Hope we are treating with some respect, as we would like the same.

On a non-football note, hows the weather going to be like over there? I guess it was eight years ago since we last played in DC, so I am unfamiliar with the conditions. Especially since its the late afternoon game.

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Must spread rep.

badboy
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok, the euphoria has settled for me a bit and I have reviewed the game and I still think we blow Washington off the field. I don't think this will be a trap game because all the players will be pumping the others to make a statement to Kyle Shannahan and daddy. They know it would be sweet for Gary to put a clobber on his former coach and this is the right time. McNabb is a good QB but will be rushed by our D. Hint for the game== watch for blitz from Dbacks. Kubes wil not allow players to look ahead to Dallas. I still feel comfortable with my earlier prediction of either 6-0 or 5-1 at the break. Giants are my ? opponent.

El Tejano
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I'll say this. I'm weary of Matt Schaub's confidence going into this game. A) Because of the somewhat dismal outting he had last week (He didn't need to be awesome though) but B) Albert Haynesworth showing his face to Schaub again.

I'm hearing how great Meyers did and he did do a good job in our last game but he will not have to face Albert Haynesworth. He alone is going to draw a double team.
Then you got Orakpo who is pretty darned good. After that Deangelo Hall, Carlos Rogers are very good CBs.

The only thing we got working for us is the fact that they have to spend time preparing for Foster and we don't know if Foster can put two solid games together.

Defensively I think they match up well with our DEs. I think our secondary can cover their WR though and that might be where we can win this game but if Okoye can't hold up the middle, Portis has been able to kill us in years past.

JB
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I'll say this. I'm weary of Matt Schaub's confidence going into this game.

Why are you tired of his confidence? I think it is a good thing.

Thorn
09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't bet two cents either way on this game. I'm still wary of the Texans famous ability to destroy my belief and trample my confidence in them.

JB
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't bet two cents either way on this game. I'm still wary of the Texans famous ability to destroy my belief and trample my confidence in them.

Texans have always been good at something at least...:fans:

Thorn
09-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Texans have always been good at something at least...:fans:

:lol:

drs23
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM

GB, yes and yes. I've felt the same way since the 3rd PS game. My gut told me they were going to come out like they did Sunday and I was still surprised. I do see them taking the AFC South. I look for the stiffest competiotion coming from the Tacks.

DexmanC
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM

Careful. That's the kind of talk that gets you labeled as a soaper.
:sarcasm:

Really, though. The Texans need to put a series of games together like
the Colts game, before people will take them seriously. Washington is
JUST the type of game they'd come out lax in, because of the
homecoming-like emotion the team exuded in game one. Does this
team have the mental fortitude to kick ass EVERY WEEK?

2010 is a year of many questions. One of them has been answered.
There are fifteen questions left on the exam.

:fans::fans::fans:

buddyboy
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
My biggest beef with the Redskins fans that I saw over at the forum was the way they trashed the city of Houston and the state of Texas. Unbelievable ignorance.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Dunno why, but I'm in a good mood this afternoon. I'm feeling like "ice cream and puppy dogs!"

So, I'ma just go ahead and say it: The Texans have won 5 regaular season games in a row!!!! :clown:

*ducks punches*

Thorn
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Does this

2010 is a year of many questions. One of them has been answered.
There are fifteen questions left on the exam.

:fans::fans::fans:

I like that. Nice post, I'd be repping both you and JB but blah blah blah must spread rep.......

drs23
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I like that. Nice post, I'd be repping both you and JB but blah blah blah must spread rep.......

Got 'em for ya Thorn ;^)

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I have a feeling we will be able to gash that line up and down. Funny they were so confident that Dallas's Dline was so special. I remember a few weeks ago Gus Johnson said we were making them look like "swiss cheese". I like the leadership this team posesses. If the Redskins offense plays like it did Sunday night, then I wont sweat this game.

TEXANS84
09-14-2010, 04:51 PM
My biggest beef with the Redskins fans that I saw over at the forum was the way they trashed the city of Houston and the state of Texas. Unbelievable ignorance.

Can you blame them? They've been dealing with regular Cowboy fans all these years. I'd trash Bermuda if the Cowgirls resided there too.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 05:41 PM

I've been perusing their message boards. Generally most seem decent, but as is usually the case, there's always some asshats!

Saw a guy talking about (and completely ignorantly) about the Oilers leaving town. Another one arguing with GB about Cushing (again, not knowing what he was talking about).

There was the gem from one ignorant dude, Oldskool (and again, this was directed towards GB):

All I'm hearing is excuses. There are plenty of players that have torn the sod off the field in their first game, let alone against 2 NFCW pantywaist teams such as the Rams and Seahawks. I'll give him credit for blowing through the Patriots 2nd stringers (they didn't even play 5 of their starters in that game not to mention that was the game that Welker went down with an torn knee), but to say that Foster is anything but an enigma is insane even for a Texans homer.

In fact, didn't Tom Brady play the majority of that game? I remember he came out at one point, but they brought him back in, IIRC. I also remember Junior Seau and most of their defenses starters playing too.... Whatever!!! Oldskool is just a dolt talking out his ass.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
LMFAO at one guy talking about the Texans coming by to look at their trophies. That's like Rocket fan trying to bag on Oklahoma City fan... :lol: What dumbasses!!

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
LMFAO at one guy talking about the Texans coming by to look at their trophies. That's like Rocket fan trying to bag on Oklahoma City fan... :lol: What dumbasses!!

Oh, come on.

I think that's really very sweet and gracious. It's really nice when a fan of an old washed up team that hasn't been relevant for 15 years or so wants to sit around and reminisce about the good old days.

I've got a couple of friends who are Raiders fans and it's the same sort of thing.

:whip:

JB
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh, come on.

I think that's really very sweet and gracious. It's really nice when a fan of an old washed up team that hasn't been relevant for 15 years or so wants to sit around and reminisce about the good old days.

I've got a couple of friends who are Raiders fans and it's the same sort of thing.

:whip:

Yeah, them cowgurl fans can relate to that...

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I am ready to pummel Washington. I am tired of hearing there over confidence after a win over a bad Cowboys team. Hey we smashed there line all through preseason. Im confident we can handle yours as well.

gary
09-14-2010, 06:07 PM
We will win oh, wait i am being overconfident nevermind.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
For a team that was 30th against the run last year, you guys are banking a lot on a guy who has had one great game.

(ducks) :runaway:

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the board. Hope we are treating with some respect, as we would like the same.

On a non-football note, hows the weather going to be like over there? I guess it was eight years ago since we last played in DC, so I am unfamiliar with the conditions. Especially since its the late afternoon game.

I seem to be the only one being treated with respect, your fellow fans are trashing my boys while only 2 are really trying to engage in conversation over there...

As far as I know, it's going to be gorgeous all weekend. Sunny, 80s. Hope it's not too hot for ya, I know you Texans don't know anything about heat :roast:

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
For a team that was 30th against the run last year, you guys are banking a lot on a guy who has had one great game.

One great game.(Arian Foster) Had 97 yards and a TD against the Dolphins last year. 110 yards and 2 td's against the Pats last year. Come here with better ammo. Im sure you didn't watch the preseason either when he ran well against the Saints and Cowboys as well. Im confident Foster will put up well over a 100 yards if your run defense does not improve from what it looked like last week. Difference between the Cowboys and the Texans so far, if we find success in the run game, we are going to commit. Bring more men in the box and we will suck the safeties in and let Andre Johnson run by your corners. Im looking forward to Sunday.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Ummmm, :thinking: You are aware that the Texans tied for 10th against the run last season AND this after a horrible first 3 or 4 games that we got dinged hard, no??

Y'all were ranked 16th against the run. NFL.com Statistics Rushing Defense (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1)

:hmmm:

Jeff S.
09-14-2010, 09:13 PM

If you really know the NFL, you'll know that going on last year's record/trends is not a good bet. Smith and Kubiak have had an overall mindset when acquiring new players: they have to be tough, smart and physical. It hasn't happened over night, but there are signs (even beyond last week's obvious domination of the LOS) that the Texans are reaching critical mass and turning into a real physical football team.

We can't expect Skins fans to know that kind of detailed stuff, but ya'll might be in for a big surprise next week if you think the Skins are the only ones who can play smashmouth ball. It'll be a good test for us, and it should be a great game.

TimeKiller
09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Texans O/Redskin D-Shoot, I don't think anybody is going to stop Foster/Leach/OL if they wanna show up like that. Even against a decent D I'm calling Foster for triple digits on the ground and the aerial assault to shape up. I don't think they'll be skipping passing plays to shove it down the throats of a demoralized defense but I do think they'll break a few. Matt and Andre are going to have a big day.

Texans D/Redskins O-Now....even if Shanahan thinks he knows Gary and Jr. thinks he knows Frank bush....WHO IN THE ****ING HELL PLAYS FOR THEIR OFFENSE BESIDES DONOVAN MCNABB?!?!?!? Clinton Portis? Teh-shutzdownd. Please. Who receives passing attempts that's worth the pig they cut up to make the football? McNabb throwing over the line and comically running around to receive the ball as well? Horsey Pie. Redskins won't score 14. Maybe 10. Even if they get a LUCKY bounce or fumble and score 20 points...The Texans have been averaging about 60 points a game for 2 years. Maybe not a steamroll scorefest blowout but I'm looking Texans by a score of 24-13.

SkinsHomer
09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok, one more, then I'm goin to bed.

You guys are calling us dumbasses...what's the difference? Note, I said none of that. I'm not here to talk shit.

I have a feeling we will be able to gash that line up and down. Funny they were so confident that Dallas's Dline was so special. I remember a few weeks ago Gus Johnson said we were making them look like "swiss cheese". I like the leadership this team posesses. If the Redskins offense plays like it did Sunday night, then I wont sweat this game.

The first of many things that make me think you're the same exact type of homer that many of you are calling my boys on our board.

I've been perusing their message boards. Generally most seem decent, but as is usually the case, there's always some asshats!

Saw a guy talking about (and completely ignorantly) about the Oilers leaving town. Another one arguing with GB about Cushing (again, not knowing what he was talking about).

In fact, didn't Tom Brady play the majority of that game? I remember he came out at one point, but they brought him back in, IIRC. I also remember Junior Seau and most of their defenses starters playing too.... Whatever!!! Oldskool is just a dolt talking out his ass.

Who cares if Brady was in that game or not? Was he lined up at LB trying to stop Foster?

Not nice.

I am ready to pummel Washington. I am tired of hearing there over confidence after a win over a bad Cowboys team. Hey we smashed there line all through preseason. Im confident we can handle yours as well.

You mean "their" overconfidence right? That's what I thought, just checkin. A bad Cowboys team, right. They're overrated and played badly against us, I admit they didn't bring their A game, but they're not a bad team. For bad teams, see Tampa Bay.

We will win oh, wait i am being overconfident nevermind.

I see what you did there. I'm glad you caught yourself though.

I'll be more than happy to resume this CONVERSATION tomorrow.

b0ng
09-14-2010, 09:16 PM
We need to let the 'Skins fan thump his chest some more. After all, the 'Skins are the offseason champs for the last 10 or so years.

thunderkyss
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
The Redskins offense looked like ours last year without the QB accuracy. I saw quite a few plays that we ran last year. The Shannys will have to change their playcalling tendencies or hope that their team executes really well, because Kubiak knows both of them really well.

There are a lot of teams that borrow from our offense. I see a lot of teams copying our formations.

BigBull17
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I felt like we did. We made mistakes in the first Titans game and rebounded. We made mistakes in the Jax games and rebounded even though we came up short. We made mistakes in the Patriots game and rebounded.

I dont count a game we lost, but the Pats game was a big turning point, IMO.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Who cares if Brady was in that game or not? Was he lined up at LB trying to stop Foster?

Dumbass question, but no, he wasn't. Junior Seau was. Wasn't he a starter?? As I said, the defensive starters played.... Quit buying into BSPN and do some research. YOU seem like a cool enough guy, quit buying into the national media douche.baggery that most fans around the country buy into because of them.... I thought you were better than that.

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Ok, one more, then I'm goin to bed.

You guys are calling us dumbasses...what's the difference? Note, I said none of that. I'm not here to talk shit.

The first of many things that make me think you're the same exact type of homer that many of you are calling my boys on our board.

Not nice.

You mean "their" overconfidence right? That's what I thought, just checkin. A bad Cowboys team, right. They're overrated and played badly against us, I admit they didn't bring their A game, but they're not a bad team. For bad teams, see Tampa Bay.

I see what you did there. I'm glad you caught yourself though.

I'll be more than happy to resume this CONVERSATION tomorrow.

The Cowboys played horrible, horrible, and horrible. That offensive display on Sunday night made me fall asleep. The defense was nothing amazing, it looked like two teams who were trying to lose a game. I think the Redskins will make the playoffs this year. There is a much bigger gap between the Skins and Texans offenses then the Skins and Texan's defenses. Most of your fans have not watched a Texan game this year or anything close to it. You will be surprised come Sunday. I see potential in the Skins because of the offensive system they run.

JB
09-14-2010, 09:38 PM

I can't quite believe no one has caught this yet, but we were 30th in the run last year, but I believe we finished the year 13th against the run.

I think that our running game can continue to flourish, and I have no concerns about our run defense.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Ummmm, :thinking: You are aware that the Texans tied for 10th against the run last season AND this after a horrible first 3 or 4 games that we got dinged hard, no??

Y'all were ranked 16th against the run. NFL.com Statistics Rushing Defense (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1)

I can't quite believe no one has caught this yet, but we were 30th in the run last year, but I believe we finished the year 13th against the run.

I think that our running game can continue to flourish, and I have no concerns about our run defense.

You drunk sumbitch!!

See my post about us against the run, we tied for 10th against the run.........

We finished at 13th in TOTAL defense.

And again, this was after a horrible first three or four games!

*EDIT*

No fun without SkinsHomer!

NoCalMike
09-14-2010, 10:07 PM
The Cowboys played horrible, sure, but you would have to credit the Redskins defense.

Coming into this season the Cowboys have had one of the most explosive offenses over the past few seasons.

They have "played bad" and still put up 21 points on teams with lesser defense.

There is a reason the Cowboys could not hit on big plays downfield, with the exception of their final drive and the big pass to Miles Austin.

Andre Johnson is a better WR then anyone on the Cowboys roster could ever hope to be, I'll give you guys that, but I am sure much of the focus of our secondary will be covering him with help from a safety over the top, to take away big play potential. He will probably still have a decent game, as most elite WRs still beat double coverage at times.

As far as Foster. To me the effectiveness of the running game is also going to come down to what the score is in the second half of the game. If the Texans are up, they will use Foster to try and wear down the Skins, set up for playaction. However if the game is tied or the Texans are behind, they will do what any other team would do and abandon the running game altogether.

To me, the biggest X factor in this game is the 'Skins offense. When you have a new coordinator and new QB, there are going to be struggles, but also there will be times where things seem to get on track ahead of time.

If the 'Skins can score 21-24 points on Sunday, I think they will win.

The Texans have a decent offense, but it is not a powerhouse. The 'Skins defense over the past few seasons has held better offenses to under 21 points, but the 'Skins offense was so horrible they could barely muster 17 points themselves.

As a 'Skins fan, I am not worried about our defense, I think we can handle or at least keep the damage to a minimum. It comes down to our offense and if we can put the ball in the endzone three times.

:strangle:

buddyboy
09-14-2010, 10:14 PM
The Cowboys played horrible, sure, but you would have to credit the Redskins defense.

Coming into this season the Cowboys have had one of the most explosive offenses over the past few seasons.

There is a reason the Cowboys could not hit on big plays downfield, with the exception of their final drive and the big pass to Miles Austin.

Andre Johnson is a better WR then anyone on the Cowboys roster could ever hope to be, I'll give you guys that, but I am sure much of the focus of our secondary will be covering him with help from a safety over the top, to take away big play potential. He will probably still have a decent game, as most elite WRs still beat double coverage at times.

As far as Foster. To me the effectiveness of the running game is also going to come down to what the score is in the second half of the game. If the Texans are up, they will use Foster to try and wear down the Skins, set up for playaction. However if the game is tied or the Texans are behind, they will do what any other team would do and abandon the running game altogether.

To me, the biggest X factor in this game is the 'Skins offense. When you have a new coordinator and new QB, there are going to be struggles, but also there will be times where things seem to get on track ahead of time.

The Texans have a decent offense, but it is not a powerhouse. The 'Skins defense over the past few seasons has held better offenses to under 21 points, but the 'Skins offense was so horrible they could barely muster 17 points themselves.

As a 'Skins fan, I am not worried about our defense, I think we can handle or at least keep the damage to a minimum. It comes down to our offense and if we can put the ball in the endzone three times.

We have a decent offense, but not a powerhouse? We were the number 1 passing attack last year, WITHOUT out pro-bowl caliber TE. This past Sunday we showed that we can run the ball. Albeit, Foster will most likely never repeat a performance like that, and in fact, he'll probably struggle this year at times, but combine a possible potent running attack with last years number 1 passing attack and you come up with...

a decent offense, but not a powerhouse????

Vinnie
09-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Are Redskin fans really coming in here and talking smack? It's surreal. It's almost like they think they won't be handled next Sunday or something? :gathering:

JB
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Welcome aboard. I thought you were making a lot of sense, and I was actually lulled into the impression that you were a true football fan, until I got to the bolded statements. You have very obviously not watched many Texans games, or know much about our team at all. Your 'skins have not faced a team with a dyanamic offense as ours since the triplett days.

NoCalMike
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Welcome aboard. I thought you were making a lot of sense, and I was actually lulled into the impression that you were a true football fan, until I got to the bolded statements. You have very obviously not watched many Texans games, or know much about our team at all. Your 'skins have not faced a team with a dyanamic offense as ours since the triplett days.

Ok, my mistake, however the NFL measures offense in terms of yardage, not scoring. You can gain a lot of yards and come away with three or zero points depending on the defense you are going against. If you are pinned on your own 10 yard line, or 20 even, you can rack up a good 50 yards of offense on that drive and still come away with no points.

I believe Houston was #11 in Scoring offense in 2009. Am I off there too?

Like I said, I am talking about points, not how much yardage the Texans will rack up.

I believe a couple of years ago the Lions under Mike Martz made a dramatic improvement in their passing offense according to yardage, but it didn't translate into many points or wins.

Vinnie
09-14-2010, 10:26 PM

To begin with, Romo sucks, and to my second point have you watched Jacoby Jones? Not to mention that Walter fella. There's also this kid named Anderson that's caught a ball or two.

Tailgate
09-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Ok, my mistake, however the NFL measures offense in terms of yardage, not scoring. You can gain a lot of yards and come away with three or zero points depending on the defense you are going against. If you are pinned on your own 10 yard line, or 20 even, you can rack up a good 50 yards of offense on that drive and still come away with no points.

Like I said, I am talking about points, not how much yardage the Texans will rack up.

I believe a couple of years ago the Lions under Mike Martz made a dramatic improvement in their passing offense according to yardage, but it didn't translate into many points or wins.

And in comes the running game. Thats been the missing link for 3rd and shorts, extending drives, and efficiency in the redzone.

Last week it was all run. The passing game was out of sync. I am anxious to see both parts come together. It could be downright scary.

NoCalMike
09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
And in comes the running game. Thats been the missing link for 3rd and shorts, extending drives, and efficiency in the redzone.

Last week it was all run. The passing game was out of sync. I am anxious to see both parts come together. It could be downright scary.

I'm anxious to see both parts, fall apart....I mean....just sayin' haha....

:hurrah:

I think it will be a pretty good game though either way, and I hope both teams bring the intensity, because both teams just got a huge win over divisional rivals, so either team could be seen as walking into a "trap" game.

Oh and hey I went to the Skins/Texans game in Houston in 2006(my best friend moved to Houston a few years ago) I really like the stadium. I was in the corner in the upper deck, and the view was fantastic. I got to watch Andre Johnson completely abuse on of our cornerbacks on a big TD pass from Carr. Of course then the game kind of turned in our favor, but still....that is history now!

:fingergun:

Vinnie
09-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Exactly, see the Texans v. Colts to start the season as an example.

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Wait so you just called our offense decent.? Well if our offense is leaps in bounds above your Redskin's offense, then that makes your O what? And your hopeful for 24 points? That was comical.

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM

Welcome to the board, man.

You've got a good defense but it's going to face a sterner test than it got last week.

To me, this is no longer the Cowboy team that could play bad and expect to put up 21 points even though the Cowboys THINK they're still that team. This Cowboy team that you played was exactly the same Cowboy team we played in the preseason: a poorly coached, unfocused team. The fact that you guys held them to 7 points wasn't that big of a surprise.

We, of course, think our offense is much, much more potent than the Cowboy offense. Last year, we didn't have a true running threat until the last couple of games when Foster came in and showed how it should be done and Schaub still threw for 4770 yards (leading the league) and AJ caught over 1500 yards (leading the league) and when Owen Daniels went down, he was leading the league in catches and yards for all tight ends. Schaub is usually great against blitzes and people were biting on his run fakes even when he didn't have a running game. We had problems in the Red Zone because of that lack of a running game and we think we've fixed that.

We don't expect to run for 200 yards a game. But Schaub averaged 290 yards a game last season and with a 100 yard a game back, we're going to be hard to stop.

On the other side of the ball, your offense is a work in progress and I don't think it's anywhere near the level of the Colts. I like Donovan McNabb and I like Clinton Portis. But I don't think that the poor showing they had last week was entirely because of how great the Cowboy defense is. I don't think McNabb has the targets he needs and I don't think the whole offense has gelled, yet.

I think you're going to find our defense better than you expect. We do have some young corners but we've got a good pass rush and we were knocking Manning around last week and we weren't dialing up our blitzes because it was Manning. Manning only got his yards after we went into prevent and he was able to tear us up underneath.

So... I'm feeling really good about our chances against you guys.

But, I totally understand you feeling good about your chances against us.

JB
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM

Ok. I see you want to talk stats? The Texans were 10th in scoring offense last year. That includes being 30th in rushing yds per game. The 'skins were 26th in scoring last year, including 27th in rushing and 16th in passing.

Defensively the Texans were 17th in scoring defense to
Washingtons 18th. Houston was tied for 11th in rush defense, while Washington was 16th. The one advantage Washington had was in pass defense, where they were 10.6 yds per game better than the Texans.

And you have improved your team how?

axman40
09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Memo to Redskins fans the Cowboys SUCK!
:fans:

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
All week im sure Redskin fans were talking about how overrated the Cowboys were. The Redskins win and now the Cowboys are a great team that the Redskins beat. I am confused, which one is it?

Houston_Fanatic
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM

No, you are exactly right. We can move the ball but have struggled in the red zone. With a tougher defense against the run this week I think we still struggle when we get inside the 20.

Oh - and thanks for beating the Cowgirls..... that was sweeeet.

I am hoping our team has matured and doesn't have a letdown after our win over the colts - we'll see on Sunday - should be a great game!

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM

We were 10th in scoring without a running game. That lack of a running game hurt us in the Red Zone. We've got a running game this year.

We scored 24.2 points a game last year. The Cowboys scored 22.6 points a game last year. And the Redskins scored 16.6 points a game last year.

We will be scoring more than that this year.

TexansForTheW
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Donovan McNabb is a wildcard. We run the same system against the Cowboys a few weeks earlier and we picked them apart. Redskins could not move the ball to save their lives. I dont understand the confidence they have on offense when the only touchdown they scored was by a fluke play at the end of the half on a fumble return. Keep telling yourself the Cowboys defense is better. Our pass rush is better, we lead the league in run defense, and we gave up two td's and 150 passing yards playing a prevent defense that was soft in the flats, which allowed Indy to SLOWLY move the ball down the field and kill there own clock.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 10:55 PM

I'm so worried about Moss and 67 year old Joey Galloway!!! :rolleyes:

This comes down to the "the Teacher v. the Student" (Shanahan v. Kubiak)..... sorta!!!! It really comes down to which can come up with a little wrinkle that the other can't.....

On paper the Skins have a better defense.... Well, do they really??? I'm not so sure.

The fun part is this..... That's why they play the games.

:thinking:
The game the game winds up with the Texans winning 27-21....

:D

JB
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
We were 10th in scoring without a running game. That lack of a running game hurt us in the Red Zone. We've got a running game this year.

We scored 24.2 points a game last year. The Cowboys scored 22.6 points a game last year. And the Redskins scored 16.6 points a game last year.

We will be scoring more than that this year.

Thank you! 'Skins fan is talking out his ass, and while he is certainly entitled to do so, I appreciate the help in dispelling his delusions...

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Playbook is on again, NFLN!!

thunderkyss
09-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Really, though. The Texans need to put a series of games together like
the Colts game, before people will take them seriously. Washington is
JUST the type of game they'd come out lax in, because of the
homecoming-like emotion the team exuded in game one. Does this

I don't know that it will be a question of being lax. We weren't lax against NYJets last year, we just got our butts whipped.

Washington was doing some pretty "innovative" things on defense Sunday night, with a seasoned group of guys. & our passing game isn't in sync.

Say, that reminds me. McNabb kicked our ass 4 years ago. Mario & Demeco both were on that team. Granted Mario has more help this time around, but McNabb is quite capable of putting up 400 yards on our defense.

It's not that I think we can't beat them. Just that it's going to take more than just effort.

GuerillaBlack
09-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I don't know that it will be a question of being lax. We weren't lax against NYJets last year, we just got our butts whipped.

Washington was doing some pretty "innovative" things on defense Sunday night, with a seasoned group of guys. & our passing game isn't in sync.

Say, that reminds me. McNabb kicked our ass 4 years ago. Mario & Demeco both were on that team. Granted Mario has more help this time around, but McNabb is quite capable of putting up 400 yards on our defense.

It's not that I think we can't beat them. Just that it's going to take more than just effort.

You're comparing the (younger) McNabb team that had just went to the Super Bowl, with the current (older) McNabb team that went 4-12 last year? Mario and DeMeco were both rookies back then, too. Oh, and the Texans definitely didn't come out with any fire against the Jets last season.

Texanmike02
09-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm not being disrespectful when I say this but Washington doesn't have to weapons to stay with the Texans. The main reason is Portis. He doesn't scare anyone anymore. He goes down to easily and he's slow. Kyle will do nice things at some point but I don't think its going to be this year.

I've been over to extremeskins lurking and the one thing I've noticed is that skins fans seem to think that Dallas was a legitimate team. They looked terrible in the preseason. Is their talent on par with the Texans? Maybe. But they have ZERO discipline. You saw that on the last drive of the half and the game. If they don't completely lose their minds in those two cases the game is over. The Cowboys are a team that will shoot themselves in the foot every time they get a chance because they don't have any sort of discipline. We know a thing or two about that. We've seen meltdowns the size of which people in Washington could only imagine.

Kyle is installing a new system... Mcnabb is learning a new system as are all of the Skins. Next year y'all can be a force to be reckoned with but I don't think this is the year. Defensively you'll stay in a lot of games and have a shot to win (Houston heard that for a long time, we feel your pain) but you're not going to routinely put up 3 TDs a game. If Mcnabb was capable of running wild I would give him a shot to shake things up but I don't think that y'all want him running all over the field with that ankle.

The Texans on the other hand played the game the Colts wanted them to... they ran the ball... and STILL put up 34 pts. Our offense wasn't clicking and we only got one turnover. Mcnabb is inaccurate (I don't believe he completed 50% of his passes last week) and I think y'all will turn the ball over two times at least. The offense looked pretty good (with the exception of the Saints game) this preseason and we have no real reason to believe that Schaub and Co forgot how to pass the ball. They were just not in rhythm part of that was a problem getting into the rhythm because we ran so much.

On defense. I think we're ok. If we were going to be shoving 8 in the box all night I might feel differently but I don't think you see Mccnab run to Marios side very much and I'm really not worried about 2010 version of Portis. That means you will see safety help and maybe even a safety (Pollard?) covering Cooley on occasion. One thing that Bush has done this year has been mix up the line more. Mcnabb is coming into a system he doesn't know real well and you've got to believe his first job is to identify Mario. Well we watched Mario moving all over the line presnap. It is an advantage that is usually reserved for the 3-4 in that it is confusing.

On defense for you guys. I don't know. If Kubes comes out and runs the ball 3x for 15 yards on the first drive. You're in trouble. If you bring 8 in the box you're going to get killed with play action... if you sit back Arian will hit 150.

Its weird to be in this situation (ask anyone on the board, i've been called the debbie downer of the board for years...) but Washington isn't that far ahead of where we were when we were 2-14. They are probably in our 6-10 year (though I think y'all win more than we did because you don't have the Colts 2x a year). Developmentally though, you're in the same place. New system... some new personnel...

As for the coaching difference. Y'all know our offense... some of it... but we have some wrinkles too. So we know our gameplans... That means that our defense is going to face what your offense hopes to be in 2 or 3 years(in practice this week). Your defense gets to face what we were 2 or 3 years ago offensively.

I don't think it will be a blowout. The 12th man will come into play as long as its reasonably close. But I think if Houston loses this game they do so out of either immaturity or because they look ahead. Oh yeah... if we turn the ball over we're in trouble (and the sky is blue).

Don't worry though. We're going to kill the cowpies when they come in town.

Mike

Allstar
09-14-2010, 11:21 PM

I know GB already touched on this, but seriously? Why would you bring up the last Eagles game? You are talking a 4-years younger McNabb on a completely different team. Not even a "completely different team" in a sense of "that was four years ago, they're a different team now" sort of way, I mean that was the 2006 Eagles, and this is the 2010 Redskins (who won 4 games last year). Not only that, but it was our first game under Kubiak, our first game after a 2-14 season, and Mario and Demeco's very first game in their rookie year.

Texan_Bill
09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
GB.... While I didn't sign on to the skins boards, you should know that I had your back on this board!!!! What asshats over there my brother!!

You handled yourself really well!!!!!!!!!!!! REP if I could!!!!!!!!!

GuerillaBlack
09-14-2010, 11:43 PM
GB.... While I didn't sign on to the skins boards, you should know that I had your back on this board!!!! What asshats over there my brother!!

You handled yourself really well!!!!!!!!!!!! REP if I could!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man! It's been a interesting reading what they think of us over there. I think the euphoria of the Cowboys win has settled and more realistic predictions have started coming in. I just don't see how Washington beats us, unless we play down to their level. The Texans have more talent at just about every position over Washington.

Texanmike02
09-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks man! It's been a interesting reading what they think of us over there. I think the euphoria of the Cowboys win has settled and more realistic predictions have started coming in. I just don't see how Washington beats us, unless we play down to their level. The Texans have more talent at just about every position over Washington.

How long did it take you to get on the board? I registered this morning still can't post. (I did the email confirmation)

Mike

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2010, 12:10 AM
How long did it take you to get on the board? I registered this morning still can't post. (I did the email confirmation)

Mike

I think I registered Sunday after the Colts game and during the Sunday night game, I could post.

Rey
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM
I really don't think this game will be close. Redskins have a good d. But they aren't dominant.

I think foster goes for atleast a bill and texans win by 14 or more.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2010, 12:57 AM
This will be McNabb's reaction after the game:

http://i52.tinypic.com/dcr2ie.jpg

Texan_Touchdown
09-15-2010, 01:15 AM
IMO, I didn't see their game, but if they we're blitzing get ready for 5 step drop screens, and draws.

Personally, I think Arian is a good enough pass blocker to pick up the blitz but we need Owen to have a good game. Their safeties, IMO, can't cover Owen all night. Set the run up with some quick pass's.

I would definitely come out with play action, with Johnson deep or Jacoby across the middle with some space in between the safeties and LB's. Something that will put us in position with quick points. Because our run game will be much better in the second half against their 3-4 Defense. Arian will get 100+ but not more than 150+. Honestly, i think if we get in the 15 we can run the ball all the way in. Arian has proven that he can run the ball in the RZ.

McNabb isn't a great QB, but he's good enough to win a game if it comes down to him making the last play. We have to contain him in the scramble. Our pass defense I think will bend but not bust. A lot of man on the Corners, because we will probably have a LB spy most of the game.

Prolly Closer than my prediction And i'm going 10 point favor, Texans.

RagingBull
09-15-2010, 01:22 AM

Fine. Texans are ranked #3 In scoring offense for 2010. How ya like them apples?

pbat488
09-15-2010, 01:35 AM

You drunk sumbitch!!

See my post about us against the run, we tied for 10th against the run.........

We finished at 13th in TOTAL defense.

And again, this was after a horrible first three or four games!

*EDIT*

No fun without SkinsHomer!

:facepalm:

He's talking about us gashing the Colts 30th ranked rush defense from last year in Week 1!!!

Lay off the A-1 Bill it's makin' your brain go to mush!!!

ObsiWan
09-15-2010, 01:43 AM
I'll say this. I'm weary of Matt Schaub's confidence going into this game. A) Because of the somewhat dismal outting he had last week (He didn't need to be awesome though) but B) Albert Haynesworth showing his face to Schaub again.

I'm hearing how great Meyers did and he did do a good job in our last game but he will not have to face Albert Haynesworth. He alone is going to draw a double team.
Then you got Orakpo who is pretty darned good. After that Deangelo Hall, Carlos Rogers are very good CBs.

The only thing we got working for us is the fact that they have to spend time preparing for Foster and we don't know if Foster can put two solid games together.

Defensively I think they match up well with our DEs. I think our secondary can cover their WR though and that might be where we can win this game but if Okoye can't hold up the middle, Portis has been able to kill us in years past.

This won't be a cakewalk. Their coaches know our defense probably better than they know their own. They certainly know our offense. It's the same one they use.

I don't like this game. I'd say it feels like a trap, but it's only a trap game if the team you're going against really sucks. And while the Redskins didn't exactly impress last week, they have experienced talent who have had success against us in the past. Haynesworth knocked Schaub out in the not-so-distant past. Myers doesn't do so good against great big DTs like Fat Albert.

Do you guys recall that McNabb put up 300+ yds and 3 TDs against us when last we saw him - did I mention he did that HERE? Mario, Antonio, and Amobi need to stay in his face like they did PM and maybe make McFive make the mistatkes.

While I love DeMeco the Tackling Machine, he's not exactly stellar when it comes to coverage. Look for the Shanahans to try and exploit this all day.

Also look for them to use our aggressiveness against us with screens and draws to Portis. The thought of that scares me. We haven't exactly been outstanding against those kinds of plays.

I think we can win it. I think we SHOULD win it.
But Matt has to be on his game from the first series; if Schaub comes out cold like he did Sunday with underthrows (I've talked about his weak arm before and got shouted down) and throwing into coverage... it could be a bad day for the good guys.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't like this game. I'd say it feels like a trap, but it's only a trap game if the team you're going against really sucks. And while the Redskins didn't exactly impress last week, they have experienced talent who have had success against us in the past. Haynesworth knocked Schaub out in the not-so-distant past. Myers doesn't do so good against great big DTs like Fat Albert. Do you recall that McNabb put up 300+ yds and 3 TDs against us when last we saw him - did I mention he did that HERE?

Why do people bring up what McNabb did four seasons ago, when he was much younger and on a much better Eagles squad that just went to the Super Bowl? He's not much older, has a bum ankle, and is playing on a team that went 4-12 last year. Not to mention Richard Smith was our DC back then. COMPLETELY different circumstances now. In fact, who on our defense, besides Mario and DeMeco, were even on the team back then?

Texan_Touchdown
09-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Do you recall that McNabb put up 300+ yds and 3 TDs against us when last we saw him - did I mention he did that HERE?

Who from 2006 is still on our team? Besides Johnson.

ObsiWan
09-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Who from 2006 is still on our team? Besides Johnson.

not many I grant you...

Mario
DeMeco
Owen Daniels
Eric Winston
Vonte Leach
Kevin Walter

House of Pain
09-15-2010, 02:24 AM
I find it funny that both Washington and Dallas fans point out how well their defenses played, completely ignoring the fact that both of their offenses were largely ineffective.

Texan_Touchdown
09-15-2010, 02:36 AM
not many I grant you...

Mario
DeMeco
Owen Daniels
Eric Winston
Vonte Leach
Kevin Walter

Mario, DeMeco, Owen Daniels, Eric Winston.. all rookies.

But still all I'm saying is, we're a different team from the last time we played McNabb, and he's on a new team, with a new system. Granted we may under estimate them which I hope we don't, but if we do, I believe our offense can hang with their offense all game. IMO, I think we can get some quick points, and run the ball take some time off the clock. Foster can get first downs. He averaged 7 yards a carry, on 33 carries for crying out loud. lol I don't care what defense you're playing, Arian has the vision like Barry, and the one-cut agility like Terrell Davis, man it's scary.

ObsiWan
09-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Mario, DeMeco, Owen Daniels, Eric Winston.. all rookies.
but all starters; then and now. I grant you that we have better players around them compared to back then.

But still all I'm saying is, we're a different team from the last time we played McNabb, and he's on a new team, with a new system. Granted we may under estimate them which I hope we don't, but if we do, I believe our offense can hang with their offense all game.
How soon we forget. Last season we got our asses handed to us by a rookie QB (which McNabb is not) and a rookie coach (which Shanahan is not) "with a new system".

IMO, I think we can get some quick points, and run the ball take some time off the clock. Foster can get first downs. He averaged 7 yards a carry, on 33 carries for crying out loud. lol I don't care what defense you're playing, Arian has the vision like Barry, and the one-cut agility like Terrell Davis, man it's scary.

While I was impressed with Foster's performance, Washington's D-line is much beefier - and will therefore be harder to push around - than the Colts' D-line. That worries me. Our O-line has to root them out of their defensive lanes for our RBs to be effective. Remember on those few occasions that we saw Slaton, he was averaging 4-5 yds/carry too. So it was as much about the O-line man-handling the Colts as it was Foster's ability.

And, speaking of which, excuse me if I want to see Foster put up the kind of performance we enjoyed last week (or even close to it) for more than the one game before I start comparing him to Barry Sanders or Terrell Davis.

Again, I think we CAN and SHOULD win but I've seen my team suck against teams they were supposed to beat before.

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Morning fellas. A lot to respond to, some of it will be very short since I'm responding to so much. But I am really enjoying this, it's a lot of fun.

Are Redskin fans really coming in here and talking smack? It's surreal. It's almost like they think they won't be handled next Sunday or something? :gathering:

For this comment and all like it: we both have reason to be confident and I am fully prepared to eat my words if we get a world-class beatdown, I just don't see it happening.

Really? Because we didn't play and almost beat the most prolific offense in the NFL, the Saints, last year right? You obviously haven't watched very many Skins games.

Totally agreed, if both your running game and passing game come together, it could be very scary.

Ok. I see you want to talk stats? The Texans were 10th in scoring offense last year. That includes being 30th in rushing yds per game. The 'skins were 26th in scoring last year, including 27th in rushing and 16th in passing.

Defensively the Texans were 17th in scoring defense to
Washingtons 18th. Houston was tied for 11th in rush defense, while Washington was 16th. The one advantage Washington had was in pass defense, where they were 10.6 yds per game better than the Texans.

And you have improved your team how?

I'm probably making excuses here, but our offense was straight crap last year. Between Jim Zorn's vanilla swinging gate bullsheet and Jason "Captain Mediocre" Campbell at the helm and a turnstyle OLine, we never had a chance.

We've vastly improved the OLine which will help open up the run game. We have a new, much better quarterback in McNabb. And we have the same stringent, tough defense.

Memo to Redskins fans the Cowboys SUCK!
:fans:

I think we're all in agreement here.

All week im sure Redskin fans were talking about how overrated the Cowboys were. The Redskins win and now the Cowboys are a great team that the Redskins beat. I am confused, which one is it?

It's both. The Cowboys are overrated in the sense that so many people had them going to the Super Bowl. They'll still make the playoffs, IMHO, but they won't get out of the first round.

Texas T
09-15-2010, 07:15 AM
IMO, I didn't see their game, but if they we're blitzing get ready for 5 step drop screens, and draws.

Personally, I think Arian is a good enough pass blocker to pick up the blitz but we need Owen to have a good game. Their safeties, IMO, can't cover Owen all night. Set the run up with some quick pass's.

I would definitely come out with play action, with Johnson deep or Jacoby across the middle with some space in between the safeties and LB's. Something that will put us in position with quick points. Because our run game will be much better in the second half against their 3-4 Defense. Arian will get 100+ but not more than 150+. Honestly, i think if we get in the 15 we can run the ball all the way in. Arian has proven that he can run the ball in the RZ.

McNabb isn't a great QB, but he's good enough to win a game if it comes down to him making the last play. We have to contain him in the scramble. Our pass defense I think will bend but not bust. A lot of man on the Corners, because we will probably have a LB spy most of the game.

Prolly Closer than my prediction And i'm going 10 point favor, Texans.

I'm with you except for the Jacoby part. He still isn't playing to the level we all expect from him. Everytime Schaub threw to him I was concerned for the bounce out of his hands for an interception.

I really do like McNabb, and by the end of this year I think he'll be tearing up defenses...but right now he's still getting into the swing of things so I don't see him getting lots of big yards/plays.

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 07:23 AM
One great game.(Arian Foster) Had 97 yards and a TD against the Dolphins last year. 110 yards and 2 td's against the Pats last year. Come here with better ammo. Im sure you didn't watch the preseason either when he ran well against the Saints and Cowboys as well. Im confident Foster will put up well over a 100 yards if your run defense does not improve from what it looked like last week. Difference between the Cowboys and the Texans so far, if we find success in the run game, we are going to commit. Bring more men in the box and we will suck the safeties in and let Andre Johnson run by your corners. Im looking forward to Sunday.

so one other game over 100? Wow, that's amazing, that's PRO BOWL BABY! C'mon, man. Look, I'm not saying the guy isn't good. Both those other games you mentioned are very decent, but that's against teams that ranked 18th and 13th against the run respectively. Not exactly the Jets and Ravens.
However, I agree with you that if we don't sure up the run D, Foster could have a lot of fun on Sunday.
The difference so far? It's only been one game.
I'm also looking forward to Sunday very much. It's going to be a great great game.

If you really know the NFL, you'll know that going on last year's record/trends is not a good bet. Smith and Kubiak have had an overall mindset when acquiring new players: they have to be tough, smart and physical. It hasn't happened over night, but there are signs (even beyond last week's obvious domination of the LOS) that the Texans are reaching critical mass and turning into a real physical football team.

We can't expect Skins fans to know that kind of detailed stuff, but ya'll might be in for a big surprise next week if you think the Skins are the only ones who can play smashmouth ball. It'll be a good test for us, and it should be a great game.

I 100% agree with everything you said. Going off last year's trends is not a good bet, but neither is banking on a player's preseason performance.

We need to let the 'Skins fan thump his chest some more. After all, the 'Skins are the offseason champs for the last 10 or so years.

This has nothing to do with the offseason, thanks for playing.

Dumbass question, but no, he wasn't. Junior Seau was. Wasn't he a starter?? As I said, the defensive starters played.... Quit buying into BSPN and do some research. YOU seem like a cool enough guy, quit buying into the national media douche.baggery that most fans around the country buy into because of them.... I thought you were better than that.

How old is Junior Seau, like 50? Please. Again, the Pats defense was ranked 11th overall. Respectable, but it's not the Jets. When Foster goes off on a real run D, I'll be fully impressed.

The Cowboys played horrible, horrible, and horrible. That offensive display on Sunday night made me fall asleep. The defense was nothing amazing, it looked like two teams who were trying to lose a game. I think the Redskins will make the playoffs this year. There is a much bigger gap between the Skins and Texans offenses then the Skins and Texan's defenses. Most of your fans have not watched a Texan game this year or anything close to it. You will be surprised come Sunday. I see potential in the Skins because of the offensive system they run.

Our defense kept us in the game, they stifled what can be a very explosive offense. Our offense was off, but their defense was overwhelmed. I think all you guys that underestimate our defense will be surprised as well.

Texas T
09-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Morning fellas. A lot to respond to, some of it will be very short since I'm responding to so much. But I am really enjoying this, it's a lot of fun.

I think we're all in agreement here.

It's both. The Cowboys are overrated in the sense that so many people had them going to the Super Bowl. They'll still make the playoffs, IMHO, but they won't get out of the first round.

Thanks for joining us here.
I live in Jersey and have to deal with all the Eagles BS so when ya'll got McNabb all I could hope for is that ya'll trash them twice this year!
That being said-I really think that once McNabb gets in the groove of Shannys offense he'll be good to go and tear some teams up but...he's not there quite yet.

This should be a great game, could be a trap for both teams but one will win.

I'll be down there, hope the fans are better than the ones in Philly-they all suck and are rude to anyone who doesn't root for the Eagles.

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 07:32 AM
You're comparing the (younger) McNabb team that had just went to the Super Bowl, with the current (older) McNabb team that went 4-12 last year? Mario and DeMeco were both rookies back then, too. Oh, and the Texans definitely didn't come out with any fire against the Jets last season.

McNabb wasn't on our team when we went 4-12, man. And he might be a little older, but he's still got what it takes to win football games. If you don't believe that, you're in for a shock on Sunday. We're a different team this year. New QB, new system, new coaching staff, new personnel. We're not the 4-12 team, but you guys can go on thinking that all you want.

That being said-I really think that once McNabb gets in the groove of Shannys offense he'll be good to go and tear some teams up but...he's not there quite yet.

This should be a great game, could be a trap for both teams but one will win.

I'll be down there, hope the fans are better than the ones in Philly-they all suck and are rude to anyone who doesn't root for the Eagles.

I think you're exactly right, McNabb can really succeed in this system once he gets comfortable, but it will take a little time, I agree.

Philly fans are the worst fans in the league, don't expect anything like that at Fed Ex. Just expect really high prices and long lines everywhere. I'm not saying there won't be some genuine jerks, but they're everywhere. Good luck, man.

TimeKiller
09-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Can't wait for Pollard to pick off the half back pass next week....

If the Texans play like they did against the Colts, there is ZERO chance of the Redskins being able to do anything about it. The D kept Peyton "the best QB in the game today" Manning on the ropes, how is McNabb in a new system with no weapons a threat? The O shoved the ball down the Colts throat, how will Redskins D stop Foster....AND Schaub/AJ/JJ/KW/OD/etc.....

This game is going to come down to whether or not the Texans feel like winning.

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Can't wait for Pollard to pick off the half back pass next week....

If the Texans play like they did against the Colts, there is ZERO chance of the Redskins being able to do anything about it. The D kept Peyton "the best QB in the game today" Manning on the ropes, how is McNabb in a new system with no weapons a threat? The O shoved the ball down the Colts throat, how will Redskins D stop Foster....AND Schaub/AJ/JJ/KW/OD/etc.....

This game is going to come down to whether or not the Texans feel like winning.

You have every right to be confident, but don't you think ZERO chance is a little overboard? We have weapons, Cooley and Moss mainly, but McNabb is better than you think he is. And if you want to go by your performance last week, who did anything in the passing game? No one. But I know, you didn't have to. But here's a newsflash for you, no one runs for over 200 yards on an NFC East team. Not gonna happen.

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 08:39 AM
It's that Joey Galloway that has me concerned. :user: I mean, I wish we could have a #2 like that... Screw JJ or Walter!!!

And I would take Cooley 7 times a week and twice on Sunday over Owen Daniels. :rolleyes:

Vince likes Cooley's package though:

http://www.thepensblog.com/images/stories/february/whatev3/chriscooley.jpg

:ahhaha:

TexansForTheW
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
You have every right to be confident, but don't you think ZERO chance is a little overboard? We have weapons, Cooley and Moss mainly, but McNabb is better than you think he is. And if you want to go by your performance last week, who did anything in the passing game? No one. But I know, you didn't have to. But here's a newsflash for you, no one runs for over 200 yards on an NFC East team. Not gonna happen.

If the Texans play how they played this Sunday, the Redskins have NO CHANCE. What gives you confidence that McNabb will play well? New system for him, you played against a very overrated Cowboy defense and your offense only put two field goals on the board. You gave up 5 yards a pop against the cowboys running game, the same running game that we constantly dominated a few weeks earlier.

No More 8-8's
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
I dont think we will run for 200 yards, games like last week are few and far between. One thing that you should be worried about in future though is the ZBS of Shanahan. Its apparent that it doesnt work like it used to, and Im so glad that we are differing away from it this year.

The prophet Alex Gibbs was basically run out of Seattle, and i just dont think it has a place anymore in the NFL. Watching the Sunday Nights game, you were really struggling at establishing the run with the ZBS. Also, since im not too familiar with your WR, are any of them good blockers? Santana Moss seems too little for me. Thats really key in that type of offense. KW, AJ are both excellent blockers.

JB
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Probably not, but your vaunted defense did give up over 100 on the ground to the cowgurls and their shambles of an OL. And your great OL helped produce a whopping 89 yds rushing. Tell us again how vastly improved your team is this year...:rolleyes:

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 08:46 AM
If the Texans play how they played this Sunday, the Redskins have NO CHANCE. What gives you confidence that McNabb will play well? New system for him, you played against a very overrated Cowboy defense and your offense only put two field goals on the board. You gave up 5 yards a pop against the cowboys running game, the same running game that we constantly dominated a few weeks earlier.

McNabb himself gives me confidence. The guy is 4th in wins among active QBs. He's a future first ballot HoFer.

And I already admitted our run D has to step it up from last week's performance. But, and this is just my opinion, dominating them in the preseason is different from dominating them in the regular season.

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I dont think we will run for 200 yards, games like last week are few and far between. One thing that you should be worried about in future though is the ZBS of Shanahan. Its apparent that it doesnt work like it used to, and Im so glad that we are differing away from it this year.

The prophet Alex Gibbs was basically run out of Seattle, and i just dont think it has a place anymore in the NFL. Watching the Sunday Nights game, you were really struggling at establishing the run with the ZBS. Also, since im not too familiar with your WR, are any of them good blockers? Santana Moss seems too little for me. Thats really key in that type of offense. KW, AJ are both excellent blockers.

All extremely valid points. But I don't think the game has passed Shanahan by yet. Moss, for his size is a good blocker, but everyone else is average or below. Except Cooley, he's a great blocker.

Probably not, but your vaunted defense did give up over 100 on the ground to the cowgurls and their shambles of an OL. And your great OL helped produce a whopping 89 yds rushing. Tell us again how vastly improved your team is this year...:rolleyes:

Also valid points. Did you see how constantly out of position Haynesworth was all night long? I was so mad, we should have dominated the LOS. I'm not getting discouraged, it was only the first game, you know?

TexansForTheW
09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
if they are thinking that ... they lose, flat out.

your RB is off the street and had ONE good game ... sure he had few last year, in trash time, but c'mon.

after Johnson your WR are NOTHING to brag about, i see A SLIGHT advantage there.

Our TE''s are better ... flat out.

don't know about your LB's but Fletcher and Orakpo make me think we are better there.

Are you corners better than Hall and Rodgers? not sure ...don't think so.

and also ... don't even try to say that kubiak is a better coach than shanahan. don't.

Kyle is probably better than your OC and i'm sure haslett is better than your DC.

.........A Redskins opinion

Anyone else have opinions on these comments? I like to read other fan's opinions.

JB
09-15-2010, 08:53 AM
All extremely valid points. But I don't think the game has passed Shanahan by yet. Moss, for his size is a good blocker, but everyone else is average or below. Except Cooley, he's a great blocker.

Also valid points. Did you see how constantly out of position Haynesworth was all night long? I was so mad, we should have dominated the LOS. I'm not getting discouraged, it was only the first game, you know?

Yeah, it must be terribly frustrating for the fans having to deal with the Fat Albert debacle. He clearly does not want to be there, and is going to do nothing but bring that team down. Shanny needs to boot his out in a hurry.

Houston_Fanatic
09-15-2010, 08:54 AM

While I am thrilled we beat the Colts, I am not as confident as others here. I like our chances and think we will win but it will not be easy. McNabb is hard to contain and we have a poor track record against scrambling QB's (i.e. VY). I also don't think it will take McNabb very long to pick up Shanny's offense but it won't happen overnight so I am glad we are playing you guys early.

Here's to a good hard-fought game and no injuries :fans:

JB
09-15-2010, 08:56 AM
While I am thrilled we beat the Colts, I am not as confident as others here. I like our chances and think we will win but it will not be easy. McNabb is hard to contain and we have a poor track record against scrambling QB's (i.e. VY). I also don't think it will take McNabb very long to pick up Shanny's offense but it won't happen overnight so I am glad we are playing you guys early.

That is what we all hope for.

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 08:57 AM

your RB is off the street and had ONE good game ... sure he had few last year, in trash time, but c'mon.

after Johnson your WR are NOTHING to brag about, i see A SLIGHT advantage there.

don't know about your LB's but Fletcher and Orakpo make me think we are better there.

and also ... don't even try to say that kubiak is a better coach than shanahan. don't.

Kyle is probably better than your OC and i'm sure haslett is better than your DC.

Anyone else have opinions on these comments? I like to read other fan's opinions.

Was that a stand-up comedian's monologue??? That's some ridiculously funny shite right there. :lol:

TexansForTheW
09-15-2010, 08:59 AM
McNabb himself gives me confidence. The guy is 4th in wins among active QBs. He's a future first ballot HoFer.

And I already admitted our run D has to step it up from last week's performance. But, and this is just my opinion, dominating them in the preseason is different from dominating them in the regular season.

First Ballot Hall of famer....ehhhh maybe. We will have a better running game than the Cowboys. I agree about dominating in the preseason and regular season being different, but the thing that you do notice is that the Texans have been winning the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Mario Williams may be the best all around DE in football. Antonio Smith is a monster down low and our linebackers are top notch. Would have been nice to have Cushing in this game. Cant wait until we get the big guy back week 5. We will get that much better.

SkinsHomer
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah, it must be terribly frustrating for the fans having to deal with the Fat Albert debacle. He clearly does not want to be there, and is going to do nothing but bring that team down. Shanny needs to boot his out in a hurry.

It is, man. You can't deny the guy has talent and we're a better team with him on the field, but at what price? The guy is a cancer. But for the time being, he seems to be keeping his cheeseburger-lovin mouth shut, so as long as that keeps up, keep him on the field. We trust Shanny knows what he's doing.

I am also glad we're playing you guys early, before you can really establish a rhythm. Last week could be the start of something great for you guys, but I'd rather face you now than week 8 with a full head of steam.

Here's to no injuries and a great game, as well. :toast2:

TexansForTheW
09-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I think Owen Daniels is a better tight end than Chris Cooley. I spit out my drink reading the WR comment. Slight edge. Oh My.

No More 8-8's
09-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM

With all the ribbing aside, THIS ^^^^^ we can all agree on!!! :tiphat:

JB
09-15-2010, 09:08 AM

Your 'pooter must be screwing up bad this morning...

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Your 'pooter must be screwing up bad this morning...

TT has been hangin' up on me for a couple of days now (see Tech Talk)....

Thorn
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I am also glad we're playing you guys early, before you can really establish a rhythm. Last week could be the start of something great for you guys, but I'd rather face you now than week 8 with a full head of steam.

I love me some Houston Texans, but until they learn what the word "Consistency" means, us Texan fans will always be on pins and needles before games.

But yeah, hopefully it's a good game with NO INJURIES for anyone.

No More 8-8's
09-15-2010, 09:15 AM

Haslett? We are talking about the former Rams head coach fired and replaced by a defensive guru from the Giants. And wasnt he also out of football last year? And no, the UFL doesnt count, because JP Losman is not my QB. I dont get why he is that good all of a sudden.

HOU-TEX
09-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I love me some Houston Texans, but until they learn what the word "Consistency" means, us Texan fans will always be on pins and needles before games.

But yeah, hopefully it's a good game with NO INJURIES for anyone.

This is exactly how I feel, Thorn, couldn't agree more. I think several here are setting themselves up for major disappointment if we were to lose. Do I think we have the better team? Absolutely. Do I think we'll play like the better team in DC? No clue.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
McNabb wasn't on our team when we went 4-12, man. And he might be a little older, but he's still got what it takes to win football games. If you don't believe that, you're in for a shock on Sunday. We're a different team this year. New QB, new system, new coaching staff, new personnel. We're not the 4-12 team, but you guys can go on thinking that all you want.

This is exactly the point. You're installing all of these new things and it showed on Sunday. Kubiak's system has been installed in Houston for three seasons, going into the fourth now.

TexansForTheW
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Haslett? We are talking about the former Rams head coach fired and replaced by a defensive guru from the Giants. And wasnt he also out of football last year? And no, the UFL doesnt count, because JP Losman is not my QB. I dont get why he is that good all of a sudden.

He is good because the Cowboys can't convert in the redzone and don't commit to the run. Welcome to the Houston Texan offense Washington. Good luck, because it will be far better than what you saw a week ago. I feel like Dallas has the talent but they are not performing. It was not the defense. We should be able to give Matt enough time to do what he wants in passing situations.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Was that a stand-up comedian's monologue??? That's some ridiculously funny shite right there. :lol:

Link: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332612-Texans-Message-Board-they-are-flying-high!&p=7789508#post7789508

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Link: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332612-Texans-Message-Board-they-are-flying-high!&p=7789508#post7789508

:facepalm: Redskin fan!!!

Chris Cooley is better than Owen Daniels??? :lol: Ignorance is a funny thing!

Jeff S.
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
I think you're exactly right, McNabb can really succeed in this system once he gets comfortable, but it will take a little time, I agree.

If Kyle has learned his lessons well from Kubiak, McNabb might well get a new lease on life. Kubes' passing attack is so well designed that even though Schaub's arm strength is only on the high side of average, he can lead the league in passing. Obviously it helps that Matt is accurate and smart, and that he's got AJ and Owen Daniels, but Kubiak knows his passing attack. If McNabb will buy in to the system he should do well.

disaacks3
09-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Here's for being honest.... the Texans SHOULD absolutely crush the Skins if they play at the level they did last week.

Talent-for-talent, the Texans actually have an edge.

Schaub vs. McNabb? - I hope last week wasn't supposed to be a confidence booster for McNabb. Schaub has been much better over the last several seasons and the Texans have a better WR/TE corps. We don't know if Schaub could have pulled out of his "slump" in the 2nd half, but McNabb had 4 quarters to show something.

Texans O-Line vs. Skins D-Line? - The Texans looked fantastic against the Colts, but the Skins have a better line. That said, Haynesworth is a liability at this point as he has no desire to be an NT. The Skins were playing replacement players on the Cowboys O-Line and it showed.

Texans D-Line vs. Skins O-Line? - McNabb is the best advantage the Skins have here. He's much more elusive than Manning, but his line isn't as good. The Texans had constant pressure on Manning (who had a spectacular day), but McNabb doesn't release the ball nearly as quickly, and he's been known to scramble INTO pressure.

Special Teams? - Both have great potential, but haven't really exploded yet this season.

Intangibles? - Will little Shanny have an advantage against the Texans Defense? Will the Texans have an advantage on Shanny's Offense? Will the Texans or the Skins have a massive letdown form their emotional wins?

Conclusion: The Texans can have an "off" game and still win. (They can't, however, just "show up" and expect a victory.)The Redskins will have to either need turnovers or get a stellar performance to get the "W".

...can't wait till Sunday!

Rey
09-15-2010, 10:00 AM

If we're going strictly off of what happened last year, then the Skins have no chance at all.

I think we've improved, and I think you guys have too.

I just don't think you all are as good as us. Of course that's JMO, but iiwii.

Rey
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM

I love it. Ignorance is bliss. And obviously this guy is happy as a pig in mud.

Rey
09-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Conclusion: The Texans can have an "off" game and still win. (They can't, however, just "show up" and expect a victory.)The Redskins will have to either need turnovers or get a stellar performance to get the "W".

...can't wait till Sunday!

That pretty much sums it up for me...

Good post.

No More 8-8's
09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I love it. Ignorance is bliss. And obviously this guy is happy as a pig in mud.
Lets not get mean. Be classy guys. What it comes down to, is that the Texans have not had any national attention, so the redskins fans have no clue about our guys.

Rey
09-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Lets not get mean. Be classy guys. What it comes down to, is that the Texans have not had any national attention, so the redskins fans have no clue about our guys.

Nothing mean about what I said. I was telling the truth. Very ignorant statement made by some Redskins fan.

I could care less about the national attention the Texans have gotten...I know enough about every NFL team to not make ignorant comments despite their media coverage...If you don't know something, don't speak on it...Otherwise you'll probably get called out..

Those are not ignorant comments to you?

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM

While all true, ignorance is still pretty funny!!!

gtexan02
09-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Owen Daniels is still recovering from his ACL tear. Chris Cooley is no chump. I don't think its an easy decision between the two.

OD at the peak of his game is superior to Cooley IMO, but I believe they are both quite talented

JB
09-15-2010, 10:24 AM

This (http://www.homermcfanboy.com/2010/09/15/behind-enemy-lines-houston-texans/) is a very good post by a 'skins blogger featuring Steph Stradley. GB, maybe you could post it on their board and maybe some of them will get a bit of an education.

Rey
09-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Owen Daniels is still recovering from his ACL tear. Chris Cooley is no chump. I don't think its an easy decision between the two.

OD at the peak of his game is superior to Cooley IMO, but I believe they are both quite talented

I can understand saying that you think it's a draw but for them to say that their TE group (not just Cooley vs. OD) is better than our TE group just seems crazy to me...

At best I can understand someone saying it's a draw...

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 10:36 AM

YUP!! You're wrong there, too. Houston was 10th in scoring last season @24.2 PPG.

Texan_Bill
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM

You are aware that Cooley only played in 7 games last season too, right? In 7 games he had 29 receptions and 2 TD's. Daniels, in 7.25 games had 40 receptions and 5 TD's...

No one said that Cooley was a chump. He's just not OD.

Stemp
09-15-2010, 11:54 AM
They are really drinking the koolaid and grasping at straws over there.