PDA

View Full Version : Arian Nation baby!!!

TheRealJoker
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I am thinking of starting an Arian Foster fan club after today's 233 yard 3 touchdown performance against the Colts. Who all wants to be a part of Arian Nation?

Houston, we have a running game!!! The offensive line was opening holes today you could drive a truck through and Foster took full advantage!!!

Mario Williams had what I thought was his best game today. He was literally beating Manning like a red headed step child for all 4 quarters. Any other QB would've been sacked 4-5 times today but the hall of famer kept the Colts competitive even though he was being dropped HARD every other time he threw a pass. Peyton is tough as nails, he took a beating from # 90 today.

I am looking forward to the Texans running the South this season :-)

When Cushing gets back, things are gonna get downright violent for the rest of the NFL!!!

PockyAF
09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
You know, I use the nickname in one of my comments in the game thread today and felt disgusting afterwards.

I can't use the nickname, since it's referring to a white supremacy gang that has done terrible things for years.

I opted to drop that nickname and pick up "Frosty" for his cold-blooded running abilities.

It's up to you guys on whether to use the former nickname or not; as for me, I'm just not comfortable using it.

gg no re
09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm down for joining the Arian nation. Liberty white power!

TheRealJoker
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
You know, I use the nickname in one of my comments in the game thread today and felt disgusting afterwards.

I can't use the nickname, since it's referring to a white supremacy gang that has done terrible things for years.

I opted to drop that nickname and pick up "Frosty" for his cold-blooded running abilities.

It's up to you guys on whether to use the former nickname or not; as for me, I'm just not comfortable using it.

There is a difference between "Aryan" and "Arian".

Miggsy
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Yeah this name just makes me wayyyy too uncomfortable. Kind of funny but too many people will take it the wrong way. Frosty is a stretch though but I don't have any suggestions for a replacement.

brakos82
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/2959047460_99ee094759_z.jpg

JamesBill
09-12-2010, 08:49 PM
1. The guy does not fit the Aryan Nation's target demographics.
2. The guys from the Aryan Nation are complete tools who need to be made fun of.
3. It is funny.

TexansFanatic
09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Arian Nation is a great name. It says what it's supposed to say with a great pun. Think about how pissed the Aryan Nation will be. Win Win.

wagonhed
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
sigh

Miggsy
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM

True but it's close enough

1. The guy does not fit the Aryan Nation's target demographics.
2. The guys from the Aryan Nation are complete tools who need to be made fun of.
3. It is funny.

All good points but you have to agree it could never be used in a mainstream setting. Just a texanstalk nickname at most I would think.

It would be nice to have a nickname for him that doesn't make people uncomfortable.

Texas T
09-12-2010, 08:55 PM
We went through this after the Cowboys game...it seems that the consensus is to not use this. I get the humor and thought it was really funny but...
There were lots of other ideas out there for him and the most popular is Foster for Touchdown.
Check Herv's sig.

PockyAF
09-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Why, is it Arian Nation. Why is these two names only separated by a letter. Where do you think the person who came up with this nickname got the idea from? It was referring, as a joke, to the brothers of the Ku Klux Clans.

I'm not sure what your comment was suppose to mean; if you were trying to say the creation of the nickname, Arian Nation, had nothing to do with Aryan Nation. What I said was that this name was a mock off from a white supremacy gang.

And yea, I know there is a difference between Arian and Aryan. For instance, one contains a single black member.

TheRealJoker
09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Why, is it Arian Nation. Why is these two names only separated by a letter. Where do you think the person who came up with this nickname got the idea from? It was referring, as a joke, to the brothers of the Ku Klux Clans.

I'm not sure what your comment was suppose to mean; if you were trying to say the creation of the nickname, Arian Nation, had nothing to do with Aryan Nation. What I said was that this name was a mock off from a white supremacy gang.

And yea, I know there is a difference between Arian and Aryan. For instance, one contains a single black member.

Names only have as much power as people let them. Arian Nation consists of fans of our RB!!!

Miggsy
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Names only have as much power as people let them. Arian Nation consists of fans of our RB!!!

I would like to know Arian's thoughts on this nickname. If he approves (doubt it) then I'm totally on board.

Doesn't his mom post on this board sometimes? Not sure I'd like her seeing this nickname thrown around but I would like to know her thoughts on the sitch.

PockyAF
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Fair enough. I'm positive no one means any foul when they use it.

haha, yea I guess so. The fans are residents and Foster is president.

Carr Bombed
09-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Sometimes we need to stop taking life so seriously...

All this political correctness is making things so bland and sterile that it's driving me crazy.

Like lets say we had a BEAST of a power back (Mike Alstott type) and if his last name was "Black"....I would LMAO if everybody chanted "Black Power" every time he plowed over someone. :)

Miggsy
09-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Sometimes we need to stop taking life so seriously...

All this political correctness is making things so bland and sterile that it's driving me crazy.

Like lets say we had a BEAST of a power back (Mike Alstott type) and if his last name was "Black"....I would LMAO if everybody chanted "Black Power" every time he plowed over someone. :)

We can joke around about this stuff on message boards all we want it's just that if this became mainstream (posters and whatnot at games with Arian Nation sprawled across them) it could make our fan base look bad to more than a few people. It's funny if everyone is in on the joke though and that's why I'd like to know Arian's thoughts on it.

wagonhed
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Just a stupid idea. Why not think of a different name? Everyone else has a nickname that isn't a play off a white supremacy group.

If it's not something you would say in public, don't say it here. And if you would say that in public, you should probably stay at home.

wagonhed
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Also, I don't understand how it's funny at all. Where's the joke?

I'm glad we don't have someone named Reich on the team so people don't "joke" about starting a Third Reich fanclub.

JamesBill
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Just a stupid idea. Why not think of a different name? Everyone else has a nickname that isn't a play off a white supremacy group.

If it's not something you would say in public, don't say it here. And if you would say that in public, you should probably stay at home.

I am glad Pollard didn't stay at home. This is football, making fun of some Nazi losers is not a big deal.

J_R
09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Arian Foster is 1st player in NFL history to rush for 200 yards and 3 TDs on Kickoff Weekend.

TexansFanatic
09-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Whatever you do, don't see the movie Blazing Saddles. Not funny at all. :sarcasm:

TexansBull
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I am supporter. If Arian Foster himself or his mom doesnt support it I can understand. Until then, there is no immediate problem with it.

But of course, I just got done shaving my head, buying some saltine crackers, and a loaf of white bread...

:stirpot:

fikster
09-12-2010, 10:25 PM
There is already a thread on here with the same subject and I believe his mom posted on that one. The overall consensus was a tango zebra on the Arian Nation. I agree with not doing it. PC or not, we live in a part of the world where Klan rallies and such still exists and you know the Texans want no part of anything not wholesome.

ObsiWan
09-12-2010, 10:35 PM
How about Arian's Allies?

DexmanC
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
How about Arian's Allies?

His theme song should be Arian Uber Alles!

Norg
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
i dont like that name either

i like the foster for touchdown thing

why nickname should we give to the Oline ????? :P

BullNation4Life
09-12-2010, 10:48 PM

I'm glad we don't have someone named Reich on the team so people don't "joke" about starting a Third Reich fanclub.

Funny you say that but Buffalo fans did use the nickname "The 2nd Reich" being that Frank Reich was the #2 QB

BullNation4Life
09-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Whatever you do, don't see the movie Blazing Saddles. Not funny at all. :sarcasm:

http://www.tvgasm.com/wp-content/uploads/Blazing-Saddles-7.6.10.jpg

Where all tha white women?

TexansBull
09-12-2010, 10:58 PM
There is already a thread on here with the same subject and I believe his mom posted on that one. The overall consensus was a tango zebra on the Arian Nation. I agree with not doing it. PC or not, we live in a part of the world where Klan rallies and such still exists and you know the Texans want no part of anything not wholesome.

I am sure you mean Whiskey Tango...and I havent seen a post by his mom about the nickname. I would love to have her take or Arian Foster's.

I am sure this will be a message board only running joke/pun. Most of the people who think it is funny or cool probably aren't going to take a sign to the stadium saying Arian Nation. Everyone on the message board is waiting for someone else to be the first, or get the blessing of the PC Gods at the NFL. Ofcourse, there will be the sensitive type out there that will bring it to a halt.

What is probably going to happen is a fan who doesnt frequent the board is going to take his sign that says Arian Nation to the stadium, with a shaved had with #23 painted on the side of it. Someone will see the sign, and the guy will either get kicked out or get Pollardized be a larger group. Then it will end. Most of the people here will not be that guy.

Most people who dont live in the south or Texas believe most people in Texas ride horses to school, have an oil well in there back yard, and are racist. So it aint like we are messing with the stereotype.

And it is Arian Nation, not Arian Klan. If you know of a Klan meeting, it is probably at your local IHOP during the Senior Citizen discount special with old men in there 90s.

Big Lou
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
One thing that stands out to me and I can't put my finger on it is that AF runs like no one I have ever seen before? I can't put my finger why his running style seems so different. Maybe it's his size, but he just looks really different.

Is it just me or does he have a different look when running? I know all RB's look different, but he just stands out.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM

It's the guy's first name. I'm sure the pathetic white supremacy groups enjoy having a Black man as the head of the new Arian Nation! ;)

brakos82
09-12-2010, 11:08 PM
It's the guy's first name. I'm sure the pathetic white supremacy groups enjoy having a Black man as the head of the new Arian Nation! ;)

That's the part I find best about it.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
One thing that stands out to me and I can't put my finger on it is that AF runs like no one I have ever seen before? I can't put my finger why his running style seems so different. Maybe it's his size, but he just looks really different.

Is it just me or does he have a different look when running? I know all RB's look different, but he just stands out.

I know what you mean. He is hard to compare to. He almost never gets popped for a loss. He has a forward lean. Big and tall but very sweet feet.

Also, maybe just say Arian's Nation.

MEGA SWATT
09-13-2010, 12:21 AM
How I wish his name was Marcus or Jim or Dexter or whatever.:smiliedance:

brakos82
09-13-2010, 12:22 AM
I know what you mean. He is hard to compare to. He almost never gets popped for a loss. He has a forward lean. Big and tall but very sweet feet.

Also, maybe just say Arian's Nation.

hmm.... catchy, not too overly offensive, but people still get the joke.

I like it. :evil:

Hervoyel
09-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Meanwhile in Houston...

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/ArianFosterStillRunning.jpg

Dutchrudder
09-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I prefer the "Foster: Texan for touchdown" line. Arian nation isn't very clever at all.

Jeff S.
09-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Arian Nation is a great name. It says what it's supposed to say with a great pun. Think about how pissed the Aryan Nation will be. Win Win.

Are you effing kidding? You're counting on a bunch of dumbasses to get the "irony"? The guy whose photo you've got under your name would have been way too smart to make that mistake.

Just because the words seem to sound alike doesn't mean it's a good idea.

TexansFanatic
09-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Meanwhile in Houston...

LOL Well played, sir.

Dan B.
09-13-2010, 12:37 AM
horrible nickname. Being intentionally offensive isn't courageously anti PC, it's rude. Where are your manners?

brakos82
09-13-2010, 12:41 AM
horrible nickname. Being intentionally offensive isn't courageously anti PC, it's rude. Where are your manners?

Says the person with a butt-scootin' doggie. :ahhaha:

Jeff S.
09-13-2010, 12:41 AM
His theme song should be Arian Uber Alles!

Shit! That is funny. But Arian Nation is still wrong.

Dan B.
09-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Says the person with a butt-scootin' doggie. :ahhaha:

She's wagging her tail, not scooting her butt. She's a good dog, can't you tell?

brakos82
09-13-2010, 12:43 AM
She's wagging her tail, not scooting her butt. She's a good dog, can't you tell?

Every time my dog has that look he's butt-scootin'. :headhurts:

houstonspartan
09-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Guys, this name sucks.

brakos82
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Guys, this name sucks.

At least we're not calling him butt-scootin' doggie. :kitten:

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Guys, this name rocks.

TexansFanatic
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Guys, this name rocks.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/smilies/roll.gif

TheMatrix31
09-13-2010, 12:59 AM
What about "Suds"? Foster, Fosters, beer, goes smooth....I dunno.

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2010, 12:59 AM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/10photogallery/Season/2010-09-12-Colts-Texans/4thQuarter/DSC_0993.JPG

That, my friends, is a thing of beauty.

Hookem Horns
09-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Watching Foster today I couldn't help but think of this guy ...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/07/eddie-george-new-colors.jpg

House of Pain
09-13-2010, 02:00 AM
I think most people need to stop worrying about what other people think and have some fun with it. I mean, Arian Nation is a group of people that support Arian Foster (a "black" man). I don't see how this can possibly be offensive unless they spelled it "Aryan."

TEXANRED
09-13-2010, 02:06 AM

Thats not a tail and I find your avatar offensive and insist you remove it from this board right now!

That is a dumb statement isn't it? That is really stupid to even get upset about a guy who has a dog wagging their peaneye for all to see as their avatar. (Tail, Peaneye, same thing, both come up between their leg and is sexually suggestive either way.)

Anyway, I really thought you pronounced his name R-E-ON? And if not for some reason I am thinking this is not the first time Foster has been kidded about this.

I find it funny myself only b/c if you think about it the only people who are going to be pissed will be the actual Aryan nation. They might even have to change their name.

We have so gotten to sensitive when stuff like this gets peoples panties in a wad. Kinda like when Matthews and Cushing were accused of being racist b/c of some White Nation web site they opened up after a black football player gave them the nick name.

Just my thoughts on the subject. I personally dont care as long as he runs for another 230 yards and 3 TD's in one game. You could call it Mr. pink feather tickle pickle sally nut just so long as we keep winning.

brakos82
09-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Just my thoughts on the subject. I personally dont care as long as he runs for another 230 yards and 3 TD's in one game. You could call it Mr. pink feather tickle pickle sally nut just so long as we keep winning.

Can I call you Mr. pink feather tickle pickle sally nut? :photos:

Dan B.
09-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Thats not a tail and I find your avatar offensive and insist you remove it from this board right now!

That is a dumb statement isn't it? That is really stupid to even get upset about a guy who has a dog wagging their peaneye for all to see as their avatar. (Tail, Peaneye, same thing, both come up between their leg and is sexually suggestive either way.)

Anyway, I really thought you pronounced his name R-E-ON? And if not for some reason I am thinking this is not the first time Foster has been kidded about this.

I find it funny myself only b/c if you think about it the only people who are going to be pissed will be the actual Aryan nation. They might even have to change their name.

We have so gotten to sensitive when stuff like this gets peoples panties in a wad. Kinda like when Matthews and Cushing were accused of being racist b/c of some White Nation web site they opened up after a black football player gave them the nick name.

I just don't see the point in being antagonistic. You may find it silly that others are offended when a sports fan club takes the name of a racial superiority group. Others won't. I don't see the need to be obnoxious. Same reason I wouldn't call a fan club for a high school football team "The Pedophiles."

CDNTexansFan
09-13-2010, 05:18 AM
Arian "Banana(s)" Foster

That's certainly how he had the Texans Nation going on Sunday!

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Arian "Banana(s)" Foster

That's certainly how he had the Texans Nation going on Sunday!

That's racist because you're suggesting that Arian Foster is a monkey.

;)

TheMatrix31
09-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Confucius say he who run ball down throat make blue horse choke on touchdown.

If not "Confucius", how about "Aristhrottle"? He's into all the philosophy stuff, first three letters of his name, he throttles defenses, he hits open spaces full throttle....etc

Playmaker
09-13-2010, 07:42 AM
So I take it Fuhrer Foster won't go over too well either?

HJam72
09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Run like an Egyptian...:ahhaha:

Jeff S.
09-13-2010, 08:10 AM
This is football, making fun of some Nazi losers is not a big deal.

Why don't ya'll just ask Foster himself if he thinks it's a big deal. That'll settle it.

There's not a facepalm big enough for this topic. We are friggin doomed.

burro
09-13-2010, 09:00 AM
You know...the Texans have been systematically ignored by the mainstream sports press since their inception. I would prefer it if the first swath of press we get to not be about the nickname "Arian Nation". Either way, offensive or not, it's just not very witty. Is this all the imagination that our fans have? How about we just call him "The first Houston RB since Davis/Williams to be worth his own weight in excrement"?

Marcus
09-13-2010, 09:29 AM
You guys just don't get it, do you?

What if someone put the words "Arian Nation" on a sign and held it up at the next game, and one of the TV cameras spot it? How do you think that's going to go over in Washington D.C. or New York, or any other city?

If it's a controversial subject here on a Houston Texans football message board, you don't think it will controversial anywhere else?

Arian, Aryun, they are both pronounced the same. Put an end to this crap.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/10photogallery/Season/2010-09-12-Colts-Texans/4thQuarter/DSC_0993.JPG

That, my friends, is a thing of beauty.

You cant find any other players on the pic unless you scroll to the sides. Beauty.

ArlingtonTexan
09-13-2010, 09:49 AM
You know...the Texans have been systematically ignored by the mainstream sports press since their inception. I would prefer it if the first swath of press we get to not be about the nickname "Arian Nation". Either way, offensive or not, it's just not very witty. Is this all the imagination that our fans have? How about we just call him "The first Houston RB since Davis/Williams to be worth his own weight in excrement"?

That's the worst part of it. The nickname comes from the only reference to the word "Aryan" or "Arian" that these people know, so of course, let's use that. Nothing interesting or unique in that type of humor.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 09:49 AM
I just don't see the point in being antagonistic. You may find it silly that others are offended when a sports fan club takes the name of a racial superiority group. Others won't. I don't see the need to be obnoxious. Same reason I wouldn't call a fan club for a high school football team "The Pedophiles."

That would be Brad Childless fan's. He looks like he drives a white van and offers candy to children.

Also, I think people need to relax and take it for what its worth.

scourge
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Why don't ya'll just ask Foster himself if he thinks it's a big deal. That'll settle it.

There's not a facepalm big enough for this topic. We are friggin doomed.

Or like mentioned before in this exact same type of thread about 2 weeks ago, ask his mom. She is a member of this message board and from what I remember she has yet to post any response to these repeated threads. I don't think she approves. I don't blame her.

As I stated in the other thread on 9/1...

I prefer "Foster: Texan for Touchdown(or first down, whatever)"

Not all that high on whole Arian Nation thing.

However, I was amused when we picked up a rookie RB named Arian the same year we drafted a LB who was part of the "White Nation" linebackers as USC and was part of a facebook pace referring to that at one point. IIRC, it was stated that it was a black teammate that started them that. Just weird that it ended up that way.

The difference with Raider Nation is that the team is the Raiders. For us it'd be the Texan Nation, which would in a way make sense considering the seemingly yearly talk of secession. It's not about a players name which some may find offensive when used in this context. I do take this "Arian Nation" thing lightly, but I do agree that we shouldn't go there.

On a side note, if we had picked up CB Randall Gay a few years back when he was a FA and he did extremely well for us, would we be calling ourselves the "Gay Nation"

Or the "Weiner Nation" if we had Todd Weiner and he dominated for us as a left tackle...

To answer my own question... No, we wouldn't call ourselves the Gay Nation or the Weiner Nation. Why? Because for whatever reason, down here a considerable amount of people don't see a problem with referencing a racist group, but would be uncomfortable calling themselves something referencing homosexuals.

*edit*
1,000th post. Yay me, only took me 4 years.

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm a Foster Child and a proud member of the Arian Nation.

Thorn
09-13-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't particuarly care for Arian Nation as a "national" nick name. I do think it's in bad taste and probably won't catch on nationally, or with the press anyway. But I'm not going to get upset about it either way. As long as the Texans are winning games I don't give a shit about nick names and national reputation.

hradhak
09-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Ironically, the word Aryan comes from Indo-Iranian languages of thousands of years ago. It was also used to refer to people who spoke North Indian languages.
It also refers to people of the Aryan race, i.e. people who are a subset of Caucasians who speak Indo-European languages, which happen to be the people I am descended from.

It also happens to be the name coined by Hitler, who borrowed it from Sanskrit texts, to refer to a race of people who were hardly dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes.

It also happens to be the name of a white supremacist group.

So, yes, I'm a member of the Aryan Nation (but not one you're thinking of), the Arian Nation, the Aryan Race, and speak an Aryan language. Pretty loaded word, huh?

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Ironically, the word Aryan comes from Indo-Iranian languages of thousands of years ago. It was also used to refer to people who spoke North Indian languages.
It also refers to people of the Aryan race, i.e. people who are a subset of Caucasians who speak Indo-European languages, which happen to be the people I am descended from.

It also happens to be the name coined by Hitler, who borrowed it from Sanskrit texts, to refer to a race of people who were hardly dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes.

It also happens to be the name of a white supremacist group.

So, yes, I'm a member of the Aryan Nation (but not one you're thinking of), the Arian Nation, the Aryan Race, and speak an Aryan language. Pretty loaded word, huh?

Yeah, they were a nomadic tribe of horseman who invaded India a long time ago.

Hookem Horns
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
I honestly think the name is cool and kinda funny. I really don't think anyone would be offended by the name, especially because Arian Foster is black. If he were a white running back then I could see issues with this. Honestly the only people I can see having an issue about this are the white supremecists because Arian Foster is black, however who really cares what they think.

kastofsna
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
i just wanna know why his name is Arian

Dan B.
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I honestly think the name is cool and kinda funny. I really don't think anyone would be offended by the name, especially because Arian Foster is black. If he were a white running back then I could see issues with this. Honestly the only people I can see having an issue about this are the white supremecists because Arian Foster is black, however who really cares what they think.

I dunno man. I kinda think that our new rookie LB's uncle might be interested the first time his nephew calls and tells him.

Double Barrel
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Call yourself the FOSTER KIDS and avoid the potential controversy.

The dude is a stud and certainly deserves a fan club! :texflag:

Koolaid Time
09-13-2010, 12:40 PM
You cant find any other players on the pic unless you scroll to the sides. Beauty.

Looks like someone opened up that hole with a German (oops)... Tiger... Tank.