PDA

View Full Version : SNF: Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys

PockyAF
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Time to scout our opponents for next week, as well as our opponents for the week after.

I believe I heard McNabb is out for this game on ESPN radio, not quite sure. If he is then I think the Cowboys will take this game; otherwise I think Redskins would win.

I'm concerned that the Redskins defense will be back into form again this year, and McNabb inserted as their QB will make the offense more explosive. We'll just see tonight.

Fun Facts: Kubiak is 1-0 against his former mentor, Daddy Shananhan. Let's keep that record going strong next week.

DBCooper
09-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWJD
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
McNabb will almost certainly play. He has a bad ankle though. Nagging problem.

PockyAF
09-12-2010, 05:04 PM
McNabb will almost certainly play. He has a bad ankle though. Nagging problem.
Ok. That's good, make this game a whole lot more interesting and entertaining.

Also, here's what the Redskins thinks about our win today. (http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?332285-If-I-m-the-Skins-I-m-very-afraid-of-the-Texans) They're giving us major props at their forum, hopefully next week will be a good, clean, injury free game. As well as tonight for them.

J_R
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm glad Houston won. They'll be on a high next week and susceptible to a loss. They've been itching to beat Indy anyhow, and played them harder than they will us IMO.

I wouldn't look too much into the Indy/Hous game, this was basically Houston's Superbowl, they have been so close to beating Indy every year. All the Texans did was hand the rock to Foster, he won't come close to those numbers against a solid defense.

DBCooper
09-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
I'm glad Houston won. They'll be on a high next week and susceptible to a loss. They've been itching to beat Indy anyhow, and played them harder than they will us IMO.

Quote:
I wouldn't look too much into the Indy/Hous game, this was basically Houston's Superbowl, they have been so close to beating Indy every year. All the Texans did was hand the rock to Foster, he won't come close to those numbers against a solid defense.

Dreamer....Silly little dreamer........

TimeKiller
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
There is about a 0% chance they hand Foster another 30+ runs next week. ZERO. The passing attack will take flight.

Wolf
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Marion Barber had a half back pass and threw it out of the endzone

:kitten:

Wolf
09-12-2010, 08:51 PM
holly shit ... 4 seconds left in the half.. does the cowboys kneel? no.. romo goes up the middle and flips it to choice .. Choice gets gang tackled and fumbles.. redskins pick up the ball and score

Ryan
09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Fail of epic proportions!!

CloakNNNdagger
TD for Washington of a fumble. With 6 seconds on the clock, why would Romo not take a knee?

Miggsy
That. Was. Hilarious.

Nawzer
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow! What a way to end the half. Romo should've thrown it away or taken a knee obviously.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Neither of these teams are looking very sharp. If they can just keep it up for the next 2 weeks.................:kitten:

GlassHalfFull
09-12-2010, 08:54 PM
holly shit ... 4 seconds left in the half.. does the cowboys kneel? no.. romo goes up the middle and flips it to choice .. Choice gets gang tackled and fumbles.. redskins pick up the ball and score

Gotta luv the Cowgirls situation awareness. lol

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Funny, here's a quote from the DMN (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/tony-romo-seeing-an-improved-o.html)of Aug 25 during preseason.

Romo said the offense has started to narrow down the focus of the playbook to go with what they're going to use in the regular season. But he's more concerned with the smaller picture (play to play success) than the bigger picture (touchdowns)

"I just want to see no mistakes," Romo said. "If we don't score touchdowns or don't get first downs, those are result oriented. Those matter most in the regular season.

eriadoc
09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Romo being Romo.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Wade Phillips was pissed saying "with 4 seconds left, you just put a knee down." Makes me wonder who's running the team. These are things that most teams' coaches make the decisions for.

Wolf
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
offsides on 4th down on Cowboys after the Redskins kicked a field goal ..

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Another Dallas screw up in the end zone. I'm enjoying this self-destruction.

Wolf
09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
now illegal contact on cowboys after Newman gets INT
(illegal contact on newman)

TheDrifter
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote from Cowboys message board that amuses me

Don't worry guys, JG's sandbagging. Don't wanna let 'em see our whole playbook.
:splits:

Wolf
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM
and the redskins muff up the field goal try

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 09:22 PM
This game is starting to look like "give away ball." Becoming sort of Keystone Copish on both sides.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote from Cowboys message board that amuses me

:splits:

Another MB comment re the knee down "indecision"

Wade doesn't call anything Offensively. All Garrett and Romo.

edo783
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
This game is starting to look like "give away ball." Becoming sort of Keystone Copish on both sides.

Yup, neither one of them look particularly good.

Heath Shuler
09-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I didn't know that pos pburnt was still in the league. What a loser

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Cowboys score. Don't worry. Before it's all over, expect the token Romo interception.

TheDrifter
09-12-2010, 09:41 PM
I dont have a TV around right this moment. How did the Skins manage a 27 yard punt?

Talk about gifting field position.

salinaspaul
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Washington "Going Through the Big D (and Yeah, I Mean Dallas)"

J_R
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Neck strain for D. Ware

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Demarcus Ware injury called "neck strain"------doubtful return.

Cjeremy635
09-12-2010, 10:20 PM
It's a pretty sloppy game. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I like our chances against both of those teams, especially if they play like they are tonight. Hopefully Washington won't have the kinks out of their system by next Sunday. That team has some talent, I just don't want them to start to gel when they play us.....

GP
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM
This game is ugly.

Nobody wants to win it.

LOL.

Neither of these teams scare me. Our Texans are going to cream them both.

GP
09-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Feeling very stoopid for drafting McNabb in FFL.

He has missed everything tonight. Atrocious.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 10:31 PM
There should have been 2 romo interceptions.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Pburnt

Brandon420tx
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
P-burnt blown coverage?

Brandon420tx
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow, what a way to lose it.

GP
Shanahan looks like a Redskin.

No, literally. He has red facial skin. Red skin.

CloakNNNdagger
Dallas Pburnt but go down in flames.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Damn, that's a horrible way to lose it. Nicely done, Cowboys.

J_R
09-12-2010, 10:38 PM
WHat a bummer for Dallas, hah!

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Licking my chops to get a lick at both of these pathetic pantiwastes.:fans:

GlassHalfFull
09-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Wow, that was painful - for a cowgirls fan - luckily I am not one.

GP
09-12-2010, 10:40 PM
The Cowboys offensive line is going to pee themselves against us.

Romo can connect with Austin all he wants. Won't matter. Because our defense is going to own their offensive line on so many plays.

Norg
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Texans beat the colts

and dallas losses

Perfect sunday in da books

Miggsy
09-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Mistakes mistakes mistakes all game long. Fitting that the game winning play is called back on a mistake.

GP
09-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Damn, that's a horrible way to lose it. Nicely done, Cowboys.

That might be one of the ugliest games I have ever viewed.

It was like neither team wanted to win.

"After you..."

"No, after you...."

"Oh, but I insist. After YOU..."

"No, I insist! AFTER YOU!"

"I'm not goin' in then!!!!

"Fine! I'm not going EITHER!!!"

"Oh yeah?"

"YEAH!"

awkward.

GP
09-12-2010, 10:45 PM
"Deangelo, what was like getting your team's only TD off a fluke bonehead play by the Cowboys?"

---------

"Donovan, what's it like missing 90% of your throws tonight? Were you on LSD tonight, because you looked like you had giant caterpillars crawling on your face and you were trying to eat them."

The1ApplePie
09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
**** Alex Barron!
****!
****!
****!

TexCanada
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Pretty terrible game, both teams sucked.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Dallas goin to play in the SuperBowl in the JerahMahal? More likely, they'll be earning extra money "tossing salads" in the salad bowl.

BigBull17
09-12-2010, 10:56 PM
What a horrible game. Nice hearing Irvine defend why Dez Bryant sucked. Fun.

TexanSam
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Ugly, ugly game. Last few minutes were entertaining though. Wouldn't want to be Tashard Choice or Alex Barron

MojoMan
09-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Washington looked like a truly bad football team. Defensively, they managed to make the minimum number of plays required to squeeze out a win in the end. Offensively, the Redskins suck.

If the Texans lose to the Redskins next Sunday in Washington after their impressive performance against the Colts today, that will be truly pathetic.

The Cowboys have more talent than the Redskins, and really should have won that game. Dallas made an awful lot of mistakes, which does not speak well of their team. However, a great many of these mistakes are correctable. While the Cowboys offensive line does not appear to be as good as the Colts offensive line that the Texans faced today, the Dallas defense is probably better than what the Colts defense, especially if they can get their correctable mistakes fixed.

The Texans can beat the Cowboys in two weeks, primarily due to the decrepit shape of the Cowboy's offensive line. However, I would expect the Dallas defense to do a better job against the Texans than the Colts did, especially in their efforts to slow down the Texans running game. The Texans game against Dallas should result in a Houston win. If that is the case, it will probably not be as much of a blowout by the Texans as what we saw in Reliant stadium today.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Did anyone hear that? Someone just yelled out "lets go Dallas Cowgirls!! HAHAHAHA!", during Romo's press conference. Funny as hell.

What a horrible game. Nice hearing Irvine defend why Dez Bryant sucked. Fun.

He wasn't bad. 8 for 58 yards.

Do have to say the Redskins, nor the Cowboys scare me. Texans should beat both of them.

Thorn
09-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Wow. After watching these two teams play little league football, it's beginning to look like a 3-0 start for the Texans. LOL

I seriously doubt Dallas will roll over for us, but I'm thinking Washington just isn't in good shape right now.

Dutchrudder
09-13-2010, 09:00 AM
If Barron had not held Orakpo on that last play, Romo would have been sacked or stripped. So NO, they did not lose the game because of a 'stupid mistake' as ESPN would have you believe, because the pass would have never been completed without that hold.

In any case, I hope they play like that week 3. I'd love to see Mario and Antonio knocking Romo on his ass all night.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
If Barron had not held Orakpo on that last play, Romo would have been sacked or stripped. So NO, they did not lose the game because of a 'stupid mistake' as ESPN would have you believe, because the pass would have never been completed without that hold.

In any case, I hope they play like that week 3. I'd love to see Mario and Antonio knocking Romo on his ass all night.

He had to hold cause he is lazy and didn't move his feet. This led to him getting beat horribly and having to hold. So yeah, stupid mistake. You have to drive him by.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Did anyone hear that? Someone just yelled out "lets go Dallas Cowgirls!! HAHAHAHA!", during Romo's press conference. Funny as hell.

He wasn't bad. 8 for 58 yards.

Do have to say the Redskins, nor the Cowboys scare me. Texans should beat both of them.

Those were a little inflated by the last drive. They had soft coverage and he got about 30 yards. He didn't look all that impressive.

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Those were a little inflated by the last drive. They had soft coverage and he got about 30 yards. He didn't look all that impressive.

True. Not to mention they tried to "feature" Bryant, by forcing the ball to him on slants. No idea what the Cowboys coaching staff is thinking.

IDEXAN
09-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Donovan McNabb is still one of my favorite non-Texan players, and he's
still got talent and a few frisky moments left in those 33-year-old legs.
And he's got that big arm but he could sure use some WRs in DC like he had
in Philly.
Speaking of WRs, why would Dallas draft a WR with their first-round pick this year when they already have some talent there, and yet they are desparate for help in the OLine ? Don't get it ?

TexanSam
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
True. Not to mention they tried to "feature" Bryant, by forcing the ball to him on slants. No idea what the Cowboys coaching staff is thinking.

I have a few Cowboys fans and every single one of them can't stand Jason Garrett as their offensive coordinator. I can't say I blame them after yesterday's performance.

The1ApplePie
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
USC won
Texans won
then Dallas had to shit in my cereal and ruin a good weekend of football

I thought Bryant looked good, but Alex Barron is the worst lineman in football. Not sure why they didn't trade for Jamal Brown instead.

Dread-Head
09-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Texans got a monkey off their backs.

Steelers won without Ben Roethlissburger

Cowboys kicked their OWN :zipit:$$!

Life is good.

The1ApplePie
09-13-2010, 09:37 AM
And the Broncos, Eagles, and Notre Dame lost this weekend.:lol:

Freakin' Dallas...

Rey
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
One thing I have learned as a Texans fan is not to get too far ahead of myself.

Yeah the Texans looked good today, and yeah, both the Cowboys and Redskins looked pathetic...

But I'm still going to need the Texans to come out and handle business. I hope none of them take those games too seriously.

Dutchrudder
09-13-2010, 10:01 AM
He had to hold cause he is lazy and didn't move his feet. This led to him getting beat horribly and having to hold. So yeah, stupid mistake. You have to drive him by.

Stupid mistake? That's not the whole story, the whole story is the entire night the Dallas line couldn't hold back the Redskins pass rush. Orakpo got to Romo plenty and on that last play he surely would have hit Romo hard enough to end the game rather than letting him thrown the easy pass to Williams. This sort of 'stupid mistake' excuse is just another way of detracting from the Redskin's win because the media loves the Cowboys and wants to cover up for them. The Redskins defense won this game.

This is the same type of argument the media uses against the Texans while trying to detract from the underdog beating the favored team. In the few articles I have read, there is a lot of emphasis on the Colt's mistakes about dropped passes, the one fumble, their pass protection, etc. It's like they think the Texans played a near perfect game, and only won because the Colts screwed up. It's just dumb and anyone watching the game knows the Texans have their own issues but they went out there and outplayed the Colts to the end.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Stupid mistake? That's not the whole story, the whole story is the entire night the Dallas line couldn't hold back the Redskins pass rush. Orakpo got to Romo plenty and on that last play he surely would have hit Romo hard enough to end the game rather than letting him thrown the easy pass to Williams. This sort of 'stupid mistake' excuse is just another way of detracting from the Redskin's win because the media loves the Cowboys and wants to cover up for them. The Redskins defense won this game.

This is the same type of argument the media uses against the Texans while trying to detract from the underdog beating the favored team. In the few articles I have read, there is a lot of emphasis on the Colt's mistakes about dropped passes, the one fumble, their pass protection, etc. It's like they think the Texans played a near perfect game, and only won because the Colts screwed up. It's just dumb and anyone watching the game knows the Texans have their own issues but they went out there and outplayed the Colts to the end.

No, its my way of saying Alex Barron is a freaking lazy, horrible excuse of a tackle and you don't let him block a guy one on one on your last play. I'm not taking away from the Redskins, but the Cowgurls inability to block Orakpo forced the hold.

eriadoc
09-13-2010, 11:49 AM

I have a few Cowboys fans and every single one of them can't stand Jason Garrett as their offensive coordinator. I can't say I blame them after yesterday's performance.

You ever get the feeling that someone is telling Jason Garret to feature Dez Bryant, hmmm?

As long as the Cowboys refuse to leave the football decisions to football people, they'll suck. The only reason they're as good as they are (and declining, anyway) is because of Parcells. Give their "GM" time to screw up the team again, and he'll be looking for someone else to come in and fix things before he fires that person and takes over again.

Yankee_In_TX
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM
They play just before the half was AWESOME - my wife and I sat there laughing.

And that is why you usually take a knee (unless you're inside the 30 or something).....

eriadoc
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
They play just before the half was AWESOME - my wife and I sat there laughing.

Agreed. That was the cherry on top of the sundae that was my Sunday.

J_R
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
lol Priceless:

(Turn down speakers, not all the way though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ljL8_12c8&feature=player_embedded

(NSFW at the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQPhyCqPO8&feature=player_embedded

Dutchrudder
09-13-2010, 12:40 PM
lol Priceless:

(Turn down speakers, not all the way though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ljL8_12c8&feature=player_embedded

(NSFW at the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQPhyCqPO8&feature=player_embedded

I would be reacting the same way if it was the Texans losing due to a holding call. Fortunately, we have a great right tackle in Eric Winston so we don't have to worry about that :D

The1ApplePie
09-13-2010, 02:09 PM
After a long day of contemplation:

**** Alex Barron!

GuerillaBlack
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
After a long day of contemplation:

**** Alex Barron!

People here in DFW are putting way too much blame on Alex Barron. He's the easy scapegoat.

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
People here in DFW are putting way too much blame on Alex Barron. He's the easy scapegoat.

I was listening to GAC yesterday when I was stuck in traffic, and it seemed to me most of the blame was on Garrett for not running the ball more and calling cutesy plays (like the option and the HB pass). A lot of the callers wanted both Wade and Jason gone.

And they were pissed because Barron was still on the team and thought that Wade should be fired for that as well as not having his team ready to play.

BTW, when they opened the phones to the callers, the first caller was a Texan fan talking about what a great weekend it had been.

HJam72
09-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Nothing cutesy about a QB getting his head ripped off trying to run an option, but I know what you (they) meant. :)

The Pencil Neck
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Nothing cutesy about a QB getting his head ripped off trying to run an option, but I know what you (they) meant. :)

They didn't run the ball with Romo on that. They ran the option with Tashard Choice running the ball with Barber as his FB and Felix Jones as the trailer. So it was a cutesy 3 RB set.