PDA

View Full Version : Post Game

Scooter
09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
some thoughts ...

i dont think kubiak will ever get enough credit for play design (different from play calling). for those with the game on DVR, go back and watch the offensive plays from a creation standpoint. watch the routes and how they synchronize, how each block is almost a mathematical formula, and how extremely complex plays are created with very simple individual movements.

chris myers wasnt blocking at the second level on many or most plays! it's about friggin time that he played as an offensive lineman instead of hunting safeties and linebackers.

leach is something out of a nightmare, no news here. vonta was absolutely crushing folks, to the point that defenders were quite literally getting out of his way in the 4th quarter (wouldnt you?)

mario hits peyton. mario hits peyton. mario sacks peyton. mario hits peyton. mario hits peyton. mario sacks peyton. mario hits peyton. mario hits peyton.

ziggy29
09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Peyton's going to be seeing visions of #90 coming at him in his dreams for a while.

And the Colts defense is going to have similar nightmares about seeing the backside of #23 running away from them.

Grams
09-12-2010, 03:45 PM
There was a stat during the game than Mario has more sacks against Peyton than any other player.

HJam72
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM
vonta was absolutely crushing folks, to the point that defenders were quite literally getting out of his way in the 4th quarter (wouldnt you?)

No, I'd fall down and hope he didn't step on me.

ObsiWan
09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm a bit uncomfortable with our passing defense today. Yeah, we won but Manning still torched us for over 400 yds and three TDs. Am I the only one bothered by this??

Still, I'll take the win.

now if I can just get a couple of TDs out of Aaron Rodgers
:)

BullNation4Life
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm a bit uncomfortable with our passing defense today. Yeah, we won but Manning still torched us for over 400 yds and three TDs. Am I the only one bothered by this??

You shouldn't be concerned until it's Jason Cambell torching the Texans for 400+ or worse David Garrard or VY...

Manning does that to alot of secondaries...

mattieuk
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM

Almost 60 attempts.

If its a usual 30 attempt from a QB game, he has 200 yards, and a touchdown and a half.

DBCooper
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Almost 60 attempts.

If its a usual 30 attempt from a QB game, he has 200 yards, and a touchdown and a half.

Isnt half a touchdown a field goal?

Scooter
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM

if manning had thrown the ball 30 times, yeah i'd be worried. if he'd thrown 45 times i'd be hesitant. if peyton manning (best qb ever) throws 60 times and those are his stats? not at all concerned.

Texas T
09-12-2010, 04:24 PM
if manning had thrown the ball 30 times, yeah i'd be worried. if he'd thrown 45 times i'd be hesitant. if peyton manning (best qb ever) throws 60 times and those are his stats? not at all concerned.

I agree 100%. I'm not concerned at all-we only play a QB of his caliber one more time.
The kids did a really good job today!!

:fans:

mattieuk
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Isnt half a touchdown a field goal?

I'm not sure that Peyton is much good at kicking those :)

So, on the assumption that he missed it, its only one touchdown then!

gtexan02
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM

He was behind the entire day. Plus 70+ of those were in garbage time!

DBCooper
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
He was behind the entire day. Plus 70+ of those were in garbage time!

There is no garbage time with Peyton

ObsiWan
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM

But don't you see, he was playing from behind the whole second half. He HAD TO THROW. Still we only sacked him twice (yeah, yeah, 3-step drops, I know) and we couldn't pick him off. If we see those routes all day long - 60 attempts you say - and we still didn't learn enough to anticipate them and jump them for an INT...?? Color me concerned.

Scooter
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
how about that 34 defense? the first time i saw it with mario standing up, i was thinking "wtf are we doing?". mario looked REAL good as a standup pass rusher and was able to make much cleaner moves. i want to say that was his first sack - with smith coming in from the 34 LDE position at the same time. dont look now, but kubiak's insistance on versatility is starting to show on defense as well - mario is going to raise some serious cain if he's given that kind of freedom against teams that dont have peyton manning.

i'm also done listening to amobi bust talk. our 22 year old veteran looks just fine to me, and slowly but surely continues to get better each game.

hradhak
09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Also remember he got 80 yards on that 1 play from a blown play by our D.

We shutdown the Colts run, and let Manning do what he does best. In the end though, Manning was shaken up on a lot of plays. I'll take that with the way our offense played any day of the week. It doesn't matter if he throws for 700 yards, if they can't score more than we do.

BullNation4Life
09-12-2010, 04:33 PM
But don't you see, he was playing from behind the whole second half. He HAD TO THROW. Still we only sacked him twice (yeah, yeah, 3-step drops, I know) and we couldn't pick him off. If we see those routes all day long - 60 attempts you say - and we still didn't learn enough to anticipate them and jump them for an INT...?? Color me concerned.

ok your colored but you are wasting paint...

You don't EVER anticipate Peyton Manning. EVER! You do and he just beat you for 6. How long have you been watching the Texans vs Colts? You keep everyone in front of you and cut the YAC down.

ObsiWan
09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
ok your colored but you are wasting paint...

You don't EVER anticipate Peyton Manning. EVER! You do and he just beat you for 6. How long have you been watching the Texans vs Colts? You keep everyone in front of you and cut the YAC down.

Sure you can. I did it for six in the Super Bowl.

Signed, Tracy Porter, RCB, New Orleans Saints.

HJam72
If we can beat the Colts without even using our also-scary-pass-offense, I'm not worried about any part of this team.

gtexan02
There is no garbage time with Peyton

When you're up by 17 with less than a minute 45 to go and the other team has no time outs, yeah, thats garbage time. Peyton or no peyton. They would have required 2 sequential onside kicks to win

jshabang
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
i'm a bit uncomfortable with our passing defense today. Yeah, we won but manning still torched us for over 400 yds and three tds. Am i the only one bothered by this??

Still, i'll take the win.

now if i can just get a couple of tds out of aaron rodgers

dont worry...as long as peyton and those guys are throw throw throw all game with zero run game...we will always be in good shape

we want throw throw throw....u cant win just throwing....gotta have a lil balance

Scooter
09-12-2010, 04:43 PM

i understand completely, and agree with several points, but it's a david carr arguement IMO. yeah i just compared manning to carr, i know lol. same principle applies ... if we're hitting him all day while the qb dumps the ball off, we're more than experienced with who's going to win that game. manning's not carr in that he can turn that into points, but even manning cant turn that into a win.

we did have two defensive catches against manning - bad luck that they didnt result in turnovers. manning gets rid of the ball better than anyone ever, yet we hit him on the majority of those 60 attempts (most being no huddle) and even included a pair of sacks and i'd double that number if barwin hadnt gone down. any sane fan has doubts, i think dierdorff named them appropriately - the Texans' Kiddie Corners. but to win a game in which arguably the best qb in the history of the game throws 60 times for only 24 points (one being junk), should tell you that we gave him the texans' formerly famous "empty stats".

painekiller
09-12-2010, 04:46 PM
how about that 34 defense? the first time i saw it with mario standing up, i was thinking "wtf are we doing?". mario looked REAL good as a standup pass rusher and was able to make much cleaner moves. i want to say that was his first sack - with smith coming in from the 34 LDE position at the same time. dont look now, but kubiak's insistance on versatility is starting to show on defense as well - mario is going to raise some serious cain if he's given that kind of freedom against teams that dont have peyton manning.

i'm also done listening to amobi bust talk. our 22 year old veteran looks just fine to me, and slowly but surely continues to get better each game.

repped you on the Okoye point. Okoye was in Peyton face all day. And this is Peyton frecking Manning, he had to throw the ball 60 times, and we won. That is what you wnat to happen.

DBCooper
09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
When you're up by 17 with less than a minute 45 to go and the other team has no time outs, yeah, thats garbage time. Peyton or no peyton. They would have required 2 sequential onside kicks to win

Peyton Frickin Manning!

awtysst
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
One big positive for me was that there was a lot of pressure on the texans today. People have been talking about them taking the next step for a couple of years now. The last time ESPN and others took us seriously we laid a giant goose egg on National TV. Now, with the big guys from the network in the house we go out and beat down Peyton!

Awesome.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Manning is...like... really, REALLY good. He gets the ball out quicker than anyone and he gets it out extremely accurately.

Against most QBs, we would have had many more sacks and probably a few more picks and fumbles, too. We've got young CBs and this was a learning experience for them. The coaches are going to have plenty of stuff to go over in practice this week that's going to make them all better.

I'm not worried about this defense, yet. Let's see what they do against someone else who's not Manning?

BigBull17
09-12-2010, 05:36 PM

I'm toast this week. My opponent had Manning and Foster.

ObsiWan
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM

hopefully you had Brady and Welker

Texas T
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM

Me and my son had the same in our league...the other guy doesn't stand a chance...currently beating him by 80 pts...

Texas T
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Manning is...like... really, REALLY good. He gets the ball out quicker than anyone and he gets it out extremely accurately.

Against most QBs, we would have had many more sacks and probably a few more picks and fumbles, too. We've got young CBs and this was a learning experience for them. The coaches are going to have plenty of stuff to go over in practice this week that's going to make them all better.

I'm not worried about this defense, yet. Let's see what they do against someone else who's not Manning?

Rep ya if I could. This is my feeling exactly.
If they play this way next week-we'll kill the 'Skins and McNabb will be hurt...I'll be there so they better make it happen.

:fans:

Scooter
09-13-2010, 02:25 AM
it showed today, but i really dont see jacoby ever being a short yardage receiver. most teams keep their playmakers on the field, but that's not the Texans (and we forced it today), david anderson needs to take those short and redzone underneath routes. jacoby's a 20 to 20 playmaker, not a compact sure handed receiver.

on first and second down i think jacoby is our best option as #2, but he's only barely above dickerson as players i'd like on the field in sure hands situations. heck i think casey is our best short yardage option outside of AJ, OD, and walter since we're often going heavy.

GNTLEWOLF
09-13-2010, 03:28 AM
I am really stoked about the win today. Pretty good to beat the Colts and still have problems to work out. My biggest concern is that the Texans don't think they have somehow arrived and come out flat next week or take the Colts for granted when we play them next time.

hradhak
09-13-2010, 03:50 AM
This team looked and played like someone lit a fire under their ass. At this point, it seems like the only team that can beat us is us. It's a long season, we just gotta make sure we come with everything we got for the remainder of the season.

CDNTexansFan
09-13-2010, 03:56 AM

Manning averaged 7.6/attempt on Sunday. Compare that to last season:

9. E. Manning- 7.9 yds/attempt
10. P. Manning- 7.88 yds/attempt
11. T. Brady- 7.78 yds/attempt
12. K. Warner- 7.32 yds/attempt

Take away the one bomb at the end and his numbers drop to 6.4/yds per attempt. That would have put him 15th for QBs yesterday, right behind Josh Freeman.

The secondary is clearly still going to be a source of occasional frustration over the next few months. There were moments today where I was swearing at the TV because of a mistake by one of the DBs. The great thing about having such a young and talented group though is that we have the privilege of watching them grow and mature as players before our very eyes. This tough schedule is going to be a great thing for guys like Kareem, Quin, Mccain etc. long term.

BigBull17
09-13-2010, 07:49 AM
hopefully you had Brady and Welker

I had the vaunted 9ers D vs the shitty Seagulls... And Frank Gore...Yeah...

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I had the vaunted 9ers D vs the shitty Seagulls... And Frank Gore...Yeah...

Yeah, my opponent has Arian and I've got Schaub.

But, you know what? I DON'T CARE! I'm just happy!

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
dont worry...as long as peyton and those guys are throw throw throw all game with zero run game...we will always be in good shape

we want throw throw throw....u cant win just throwing....gotta have a lil balance

Not so fast my friend. The Colts were dead last in rushing for 2009 and played in the SB. It's not a matter of their running game as much as it the success of our running game.

Ron Dayne - 150+ yards = Win
Arian Foster - 230+ yards= Win

hobie
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Not so fast my friend. The Colts were dead last in rushing for 2009 and played in the SB. It's not a matter of their running game as much as it the success of our running game.

Ron Dayne - 150+ yards = Win

Second best Opening Game rushing performance in league history.. only behing OJ ... per The Blitz this morning on ESPN.

HOU-TEX
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM

A Texans RB in 06 - 150+ yards = Win

That looks better. :foottap:

DexmanC
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM
it showed today, but i really dont see jacoby ever being a short yardage receiver. most teams keep their playmakers on the field, but that's not the Texans (and we forced it today), david anderson needs to take those short and redzone underneath routes. jacoby's a 20 to 20 playmaker, not a compact sure handed receiver.

on first and second down i think jacoby is our best option as #2, but he's only barely above dickerson as players i'd like on the field in sure hands situations. heck i think casey is our best short yardage option outside of AJ, OD, and walter since we're often going heavy.

The way I see Jacoby, and so does Kubiak, is that the more times you
get the ball into his hands, the better it is. That catch he made on the
sideline would have been a loss, or a two-yard gain by any other receiver.
He is so quick, he turned that into almost a ten-yard run.

Get Jacoby the ball. Throw it to him. Punt it to him. Kick it to him.
Reverse it to him. He just makes shit happen.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
That looks better. :foottap:

:spit:

My bad, man!