PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

eriadoc
09-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Lots of love to go around.

Mario Williams had his best game sine his Thursday night game against the Broncos a few years ago. The entire DL had Manning on the ropes, but Mario was in Manning's head.

Foster .... well, duh.

Leach is a freakin' beast.

I might have to take the zero out of Ok0ye and start referring to him as Okoye.

Rackers had a tackle on a kickoff at the opposing 24 yard line, and of course a couple TDs. Rackers is not just a kicker, he's a ST player.

Let's hear yours.

Spled
09-12-2010, 04:23 PM
The whole o-line needs to be taken to the restaraunt of their choice. You could have drove a car through some of those holes.

mikey21
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Leach, Foster and the whole O-line

DBCooper
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I give 2 to Leach, his look the biggest

Dread-Head
09-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Give Leach the two balls he kicked the Colts in all game.

:bender: Fun on the bun!

WOW! I got NEGATIVE REP FOR THIS?!? Cha. Note to the person who gave me ced neg-rep. GROW A PAIR!

eriadoc
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah ... definitely the OL. We won the game in the trenches and beat the hell out of the Colts.

wagonhed
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Leach! He must have had the time of his life today. But he plays like that every game. The other game balls go to Foster and Williams, for sure!

Lucky
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Kubiak & Dennison. Kubiak never got cute and stayed with the game plan. The timeout call prior to the onsides kick was clutch. The type of real time decision making that wins games.

The running game looked different than any other Texan team. Dennison has to be a big part of that. I'm very pumped about what I witnessed.

texasguy346
09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Rackers had a tackle on a kickoff at the opposing 24 yard line, and of course a couple TDs. Rackers is not just a kicker, he's a ST player.

I think Rackers even got called for an "unnecessary roughness" penalty on one of the kickoffs as well.

Texas T
09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Kubiak & Dennison. Kubiak never got cute and stayed with the game plan. The timeout call prior to the onsides kick was clutch. The type of real time decision making that wins games.

The running game looked different than any other Texan team. Dennison has to be a big part of that. I'm very pumped about what I witnessed.

Koobs has also improved. No silly time issues or red flags thrown.
He did a really good job and HAD THE TEAM READY TO PLAY!!
This will be a different press conference.
:fans:

TimeKiller
09-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Foster, Leach, Mario, Jackson/Quin

Foster is obvious, Leach for laying hammer after hammer, Mario for being the elite DE he can be and Jackson/Quin for weathering the storm. Everyone knew Jackson and Quin were going to have a long day and then you get Manning throwing 60 times, though he put up numbers he never really had a grip on the game.

Big Lou
09-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Obviousley Foster played like a stud.

However hopefully this has a lot to do with Dennison.

As for Kubes, it says a lot when Houston pretty muched kicked the crap out of the Colts, and the box score shows 400+ passing yards. This really shows some interesting things.

As for game balls, I would say Arian has big ones!!!!!!!!!

thunderkyss
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I think upon further study, we'll see that Frank Bush deserves a game ball. Some of the defensive fronts, Mario standing, All three DLmen standing, Nading at DT....

Just getting the most out of these guys. Staying on Manning everytime he stepped on the field.

I really liked leaving Diles in the game when we were in the Nickel, and we were in Nickel for most of the game. I think that was an excellent call.

hradhak
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
The O Line and Vonta for sure. Foster was untouched 5 and 6 yards downfield on many plays.

Mario played a fantastic game. I liked his pass rush, but he was stuffing Addai on many plays.

Okoye showed the signs of life that I think we were hoping to see. He also led the D line in tackles.

Neal Rackers for the unnecessary roughness call. You know your team is aggressive as *$*@ when your freakin' kicker is bringing the wood.

SheTexan
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
The FANS!! We sure helped Mario and co by getting into PMs head!! Antonio Smith is a BEAST! Between him and Mario opposing QBs better be afraid! Just wait until Cush comes back.

If we had lost this game, do any of you guys singing Kubiaks praises still think he called such a great game? Just wondering.

Texan_Bill
09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
The whole o-line needs to be taken to the restaraunt of their choice. You could have drove a car through some of those holes.

Unfortunately for those guys, Arian Foster has a Golden Corral budget and not Pappas Steakhouse or Captial Grille budget. :D

eriadoc
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
If we had lost this game, do any of you guys singing Kubiaks praises still think he called such a great game? Just wondering.

If he had called that same game yesterday and yet somehow Manning pulled off another Manning comeback, yes I would. My criticism of Kubiak hasn't necessarily tied to his W-L record, but how and why the losses have come. Kubiak has cost this team some games. Yesterday, however, he was a key reason we won. And I am happy to see it, because I like Kubiak and want him to win a Super Bowl here. The hometown hero story is great when it comes true.

Back to the topic of game balls, I thought I'd add one bit of kudos to Kevin Walter. A lot of people are overlooking Walter, and I thought he had an outstanding game. He had the TD catch, of course, but he also blocked very well, and he came up with the first onside kick. His blocking is extremely unappreciated amongst fans, I feel.

thunderkyss
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Have we given Wade Smith a Game Ball yet?

I totally missed his ability in the preseason. He was dominant I thought. I can definitely see why they wanted him, definitely see why they paid him what they paid him.

TEXANS84
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Arian Foster recieved the game ball from Coach Kubiak, and he turned around and gave it to the offensive line.
Stand up guy....I'm liking him even more every day.

Ckw
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Arian Foster recieved the game ball from Coach Kubiak, and he turned around and gave it to the offensive line.
Stand up guy....I'm liking him even more every day.

Didn't know this. Where did you hear/read this? If true, makes me like the guy even more than before. So happy I met him at All Access his rookie year. I even told him I expected him to be a 1-2 punch with Slaton after what he did at Tennessee prior to his senior year.

Regardless of how awesome Leach was blocking for Foster, you have to give the game ball to Arian. When a guy puts up 231 yards and 3 tds, you have to give him the game ball.

TEXANS84
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Didn't know this. Where did you hear/read this? If true, makes me like the guy even more than before.

They said it on 790AM during lunchtime. Don't know if there is a podcast or not from this afternoon, but heard it around 12:15'ish.